PDA

View Full Version : Dallas...

phxspurfan
03-05-2017, 09:31 PM
...will make the playoffs as the 8th seed. Avoid at all costs for the first round (even if it means resting players to give up the 1 seed). They look like theyre going to gel at the perfect time and have some great pieces. And of course they have our coach Kryptonite

Roster breakdown:

Wes Matthews - older now, lost a step but still clutch and big game player
Harrison Barnes - Physical and can guard Kawhi
Dirk - old but smart and clutch af
Yogi Ferrell / Seth Curry - high energy overachiever type scorers -- guaranteed to go off on a team like the Spurs as all these types have done over the years

Noel - can match up w/LMA and most likely play him to a draw, unless LMA decides to nut up
Devin Harris - Noted Spur Killer (tm)

Finney Smith, Mejri - garbage guys that can probably match up with Gasol and Dedmon for boards
Dwight Powell - No idea who this guy is but will probably have a 15 point game in a series against the Spurs due to the fact he's a nobody

Again, avoid the Mavs at all costs. They're a young, hungry team that will be flying high to just get in the playoffs and well coached. These guys remind me of the Grizz team that was basically built to beat us, and did, on another 8v1 matchup (2011 I think). Just a young, hungry, dangerous team (mostly to just the Spurs since we are so top heavy and weak minded).

More dangerous IMO than the pels, who were basically gutted to get Cousins. Next year the Pels and Mavs will probably both make the playoffs (if the Pels get some good will FA signings, which they probably will).

TheDoctor
03-05-2017, 09:48 PM
...will make the playoffs as the 8th seed. Avoid at all costs for the first round (even if it means resting players to give up the 1 seed). They look like theyre going to gel at the perfect time and have some great pieces. And of course they have our coach Kryptonite

Roster breakdown:

Yogi Ferrell / Seth Curry - high energy overachiever type scorers -- guaranteed to go off on a team like the Spurs as all these types have done over the years

Noel - can match up w/LMA and most likely play him to a draw, unless LMA decides to nut up

Finney Smith, Mejri - garbage guys that can probably match up with Gasol and Dedmon for boards
Dwight Powell - No idea who this guy is but will probably have a 15 point game in a series against the Spurs due to the fact he's a nobody

Again, avoid the Mavs at all costs. They're a young, hungry team that will be flying high to just get in the playoffs and well coached. These guys remind me of the Grizz team that was basically built to beat us, and did, on another 8v1 matchup (2011 I think). Just a young, hungry, dangerous team (mostly to just the Spurs since we are so top heavy and weak minded).

More dangerous IMO than the pels, who were basically gutted to get Cousins. Next year the Pels and Mavs will probably both make the playoffs (if the Pels get some good will FA signings, which they probably will).

http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Maya-Rudolph-No-No-Dance-Gif.gif

phxspurfan
03-05-2017, 09:53 PM

Last time we played Dallas in the playoffs, coach Carlisle had an old DeJuan Blair play Splitter and Duncan to an even draw. It was only a stupid foul/ejection/suspension + Parker going supernova that turned the tide in that series. And the last RS game we played against Dallas this season (without all their new additions), we lost.

dabom
03-05-2017, 10:00 PM
OP on crack. :lmao

Spurtacular
03-05-2017, 10:01 PM
:lmao

Dallas is probably the most cake match-up of all.

BatManu20
03-05-2017, 10:11 PM
What? Lol I'd take Dallas over the Clips any day.

Robz4000
03-05-2017, 10:13 PM
This Dallas team is nothing like the 2014 team tbh. They'd be an easier matchup than the Nuggets.

Ice009
03-05-2017, 10:15 PM
Man, if you're scared of Dallas, just go and don't come back here. Why are Spurs fans scared of every single freaking team. Nut the fuck up. Stop posting in the fetal position.

DAF86
03-05-2017, 10:20 PM
I would give my left nut to play this d-league Dallas team on the playoffs. The fuck is OP on? :lol

Chinook
03-05-2017, 10:24 PM
Man, if you're scared of Dallas, just go and don't come back here. Why are Spurs fans scared of every single freaking team. Nut the fuck up. Stop posting in the fetal position.

MFing Ice

http://newsymain.npgroup.netdna-cdn.com/images/scripts/orig/1483724534.gif

BD24
03-05-2017, 10:24 PM
I really hope this is a troll attempt... if not.....

Chinook
03-05-2017, 10:25 PM
"Old DeJuan Blair" 24 years old.

Mr. Body
03-05-2017, 10:26 PM
They're playing OKC pretty fierce right now. I hate facing Carlisle in the playoffs. But they still don't have a ton of talent on this team. Face it, any match up in the West isn't exactly a cakewalk.

PopTheGOAT
03-05-2017, 10:30 PM
Dallas?? :lol
Avoiding an 8 seed at all costs when you're trying to win a title :lol

Ice009
03-05-2017, 10:33 PM
They're playing OKC pretty fierce right now. I hate facing Carlisle in the playoffs. But they still don't have a ton of talent on this team. Face it, any match up in the West isn't exactly a cakewalk.

No, it's not a cakewalk at all. The West is tough, but if you're looking to win the Championship, you can't be scared of every team.

phxspurfan
03-05-2017, 10:48 PM
Theyre beating OKC by 20 right now, dumbass sheeple.

TheDoctor
03-05-2017, 10:52 PM
Who?

bic50
03-05-2017, 10:52 PM
We shouldn't take any 1st rd matchup lightly tbh.

Ice009
03-05-2017, 10:54 PM

Of course not, but at the rate fans are going on this site, nearly every team is to be avoided. That's a load of shit.

TheDoctor
03-05-2017, 10:58 PM
ST members comments don't represent Spurs' real players mentality.

TheGreatYacht
03-05-2017, 11:03 PM
Who we should avoid at all costs is the other Texas team, tbh... :lol

pgardn
03-05-2017, 11:04 PM

Yes I'm watching the game

We can pound this team inside

OKC trying to post Adams was nuts. Led all of OKCs role players to do things they can't

SPURt
03-05-2017, 11:05 PM
:lol

Play Boban
03-05-2017, 11:06 PM

Roster breakdown:

Why did you leave off Spur killer Barea, tbh?

phxspurfan
03-05-2017, 11:19 PM
Why did you leave off Spur killer Barea, tbh?

Isn't he injured? Anyway I'm mostly concerned with the other matchups. Noel has the size and physicality to give Aldridge fits. Matthews and Barnes may be able to keep Kawhi to the 20 point range, or at least 30 on 20-30 shots (inefficient). So then that leaves the Spurs trying to go to their nonexistent 3rd option. And in a close game I like Carlisle as much as anyone against Pop.

DAF86
03-05-2017, 11:25 PM

Yeah, I was watching. So? :lol

phxspurfan
03-05-2017, 11:28 PM
What? Lol I'd take Dallas over the Clips any day.

Clips aren't falling to 7th or 8th, so no worries there. Not even part of this discussion. Like saying I'd rather play Dallas over GS or the Rockettes.

Among the low seeds and playoff hopefuls, I think only OKC or Dallas would be pretty competitive against us. The rest are either too young/inexperienced (Utah/Denver/Timberwolfies etc) or too thin (Pels/Portland/Grizz) to take us to at least 6 games in the first round.

TheDoctor
03-06-2017, 12:38 AM
...or at least 30 on 20-30 shots (inefficient)...

30pts from Kawhi in 20-30 shots? Worst case scenario is Kawhi shooting 50%?

dabom
03-06-2017, 12:51 AM

30pts from Kawhi in 20-30 shots? Worst case scenario is Kawhi shooting 50%?

I'd even take 40% from role players.

gospursgojas
03-06-2017, 01:28 AM
Isn't their starting shooting guard on a 10 day contract?

will_spurs
03-06-2017, 02:17 AM
Last time we played Dallas in the playoffs, coach Carlisle had an old DeJuan Blair play Splitter and Duncan to an even draw. It was only a stupid foul/ejection/suspension + Parker going supernova that turned the tide in that series.

... and then we won the Finals.

Play Boban
03-06-2017, 08:45 AM
Isn't he injured? Anyway I'm mostly concerned with the other matchups. Noel has the size and physicality to give Aldridge fits. Matthews and Barnes may be able to keep Kawhi to the 20 point range, or at least 30 on 20-30 shots (inefficient). So then that leaves the Spurs trying to go to their nonexistent 3rd option. And in a close game I like Carlisle as much as anyone against Pop.
He is, but it looks like he'll be back within a week or two.

cd98
03-06-2017, 09:03 AM
It will be another brutal march through the playoffs for every Western Conference team after looking like it might be a weaker year.

CGD
03-06-2017, 09:19 AM
It will be another brutal march through the playoffs for every Western Conference team after looking like it might be a weaker year.

Mean while, in the Least...

Chinook
03-06-2017, 09:22 AM
The Spurs should get to the WCF in no more than 11 games. I'm assuming 10. ST has gone all lily-livered this season.

tmtcsc
03-06-2017, 09:24 AM
Avoid at all costs for the first round (even if it means resting players to give up the 1 seed).

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o8dp7UQxSo4ij3RdK/giphy.gif

03-06-2017, 09:25 AM
:lmao

GSH
03-06-2017, 09:33 AM
LOL... three of OKC's starters exploded for 0,2, & 3 points. A grand total of 5 combined points, from three of their five starters. :lol We're worried that one of our starters only puts up just over 7 points a night. Oh, and their superstar Westbrook goes 8-24 from the floor. That was either a very bad night, or OKC is a very shitty team. Either way, it doesn't say a damn thing about Dallas.

Oh, and I'm sorry... did you really just pick out a guy who you don't even know who the fuck he is, and give him credit for 15 points a game against the Spurs? Specifically because he's nobody? Jeez dude, you really need to go get your testosterone looked at.

sasaint
03-06-2017, 09:36 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/3o8dp7UQxSo4ij3RdK/giphy.gif

Wow, the Sphinx laughs. Great GIF! Thanks!

sasaint
03-06-2017, 09:47 AM
LOL... three of OKC's starters exploded for 0,2, & 3 points. A grand total of 5 combined points, from three of their five starters. :lol We're worried that one of our starters only puts up just over 7 points a night. Oh, and their superstar Westbrook goes 8-24 from the floor. That was either a very bad night, or OKC is a very shitty team. Either way, it doesn't say a damn thing about Dallas.

Oh, and I'm sorry... did you really just pick out a guy who you don't even know who the fuck he is, and give him credit for 15 points a game against the Spurs? Specifically because he's nobody? Jeez dude, you really need to go get your testosterone looked at.

You and your reality checks - constantly bursting our paranoiac bubbles with facts.

Assuming the Spurs climb out of their current collective funk, the only teams that cause me serious concern in the playoffs are the Clips, Dubs and Cavs. But they are all very serious concerns. I do not believe this Spurs team can win 3 straight series against those teams. If the Spurs fail to reach the WC semifinals it will be another very disappointing upset. If they move beyond the WC semifinals, I will be pleasantly surprised.

NameLess Scrub
03-06-2017, 10:09 AM
Wait, another team to avoid? Spurs will be lucky to get out of the 1st round.

Because Spurs get burned by the most random scrubs :lol

SpursFan86
03-06-2017, 10:29 AM
The only teams that deserve even a hint of worry are GS/LAC/Houston...have a hard time seeing any other team making it longer than a 5-game series, much less beating us.

BillMc
03-06-2017, 11:58 AM
The only teams that deserve even a hint of worry are GS/LAC/Houston...have a hard time seeing any other team making it longer than a 5-game series, much less beating us.

I agree. Though Utah did give us trouble at the beginning of the season.

r0drig0lac
03-06-2017, 01:49 PM
They are not a threat, but Rick is a boss

spursistan
03-17-2017, 08:32 PM
:lmao :rollin

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C7KfG6tWwAAVZJx.jpg

SASdynasty!
03-18-2017, 09:20 AM
Don't worry...if they take it to game 7, Parker will bail us out like he did last time.