PDA

View Full Version : Patty Mills has been godawful for a half season..

spursistan
03-06-2017, 11:32 AM
Can we just stop talking about "contract year Patty"? or the fact he's been in a mere slump? or the projection of him getting "paiiiid" ?

Wakeup and smell the coffee folks: For as good he was the first 30 games of the season, he's been oppositely atrocious for the next 30..

Pre-Christmas Patty Thrills: (30 games) (48 FG %/ 44 3PT%/92 FT%) :wow

https://i.imgur.com/5kdTb6s.jpg

Post-Christmas Broken Microwave: (30 games) (39 FG%/37 3PT%/63 FT%) :lmao

https://i.imgur.com/UfuwUss.jpg

spursistan
03-06-2017, 11:34 AM
Holy shit that FT% drop off :lol..Talk about someone shot getting broken into pieces.

mookie2001
03-06-2017, 11:35 AM
Yeah just awful.

I spot him 1-6 shooting at the beginning of every game just to keep my sanity. He often falls far below that line (the games where he's zeroed out, 1-7, 1-9 etc)

coachmac87
03-06-2017, 11:38 AM
He's been taking a lot more shots off the PNR which isn't his best...but he's been relied upon to do more than usual tbh.

Solid D
03-06-2017, 11:42 AM
It hasn't been a very good season for him, but he is still helping the Spurs to close out games. He's won some games for them numerous times in that role.

03-06-2017, 11:44 AM
Better PG than Porker tbh

DPG21920
03-06-2017, 11:44 AM
He still has value as a floor spacer and he always puts in effort. He's a fundamentally bad defender but he does have a skill for taking timely charges.

But the drop off you see I believe is because he's being asked to do more and playing against starters, with starters which is the role he seems to think he's equipped for.

His short-comings in that role have been exposed but he is still helping in moments.

A bounce back performance tonight would go a long way to repairing things!

Darius Bieber
03-06-2017, 11:45 AM
The Spurs backcourt is probably the worst in the league. This is nothing new.

bklynspursfan
03-06-2017, 11:48 AM
And he can make us all forget about it if he finishes like he started.

Tbh, it would be much worse if he started cold, then got hot, then finished like he's playing now. He's slumping at the right time, and hopefully he gets it going at the right time.

His clutch shooting against the Pelicans was a good sign.

dabom
03-06-2017, 11:48 AM
Op still thinks kawhi is a chucker. :lmao

dabom
03-06-2017, 11:49 AM
Ignoring impact stats. So I guess I don't ever wanna see him bring up impact stats ever if he is discussing any other player. :lmao

Fireball
03-06-2017, 11:50 AM
his intensity seems to be reduced as well ... two years ago Sean had to do the Tazmanian Devil sound like every two games ... you rarely hear it these days

SpursIndonesia
03-06-2017, 11:50 AM
OP, can you do the same stat breakdown on TP ? That would be very appreciated, thank you. :)

TheGreatYacht
03-06-2017, 11:52 AM
Him and Manure will be BBQ Chicken tonight against Lou and Gordon.... :lmao

spursistan
03-06-2017, 11:52 AM
He still has value as a floor spacer and he always puts in effort. He's a fundamentally bad defender but he does have a skill for taking timely charges.

But the drop off you see I believe is because he's being asked to do more and playing against starters, with starters which is the role he seems to think he's equipped for.

His short-comings in that role have been exposed but he is still helping in moments.

A bounce back performance tonight would go a long way to repairing things!

He actually started and played more minutes against opposing teams starters in the early part of the season when Parker missed more games..Somebody just fell off a cliff and we don't know why yet..At this point, he is definitely losing money if this is who he is for the next 20 games and the playoffs..

TheGreatYacht
03-06-2017, 11:56 AM
OP, can you do the same stat breakdown on TP ? That would be very appreciated, thank you. :)
Pre Christmas:
25.3MIN, 9.6ppg, 4.3ast, 1.4TO, 44.1FG%, 34.8 3P%

Post Christmas:
26MIN, 11ppg, 5.1ast, 1.2TO, 49.4FG%, 36 3P%

spursistan
03-06-2017, 12:58 PM
Now i went back and wondered what this weird Woj tweet was all about :lol (https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA)Adrian Wojnarowski‏Verified account @WojVerticalNBA (https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA) Dec 2 (https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/838149667468750850)5More

Australian-made microwave bulbs destined for San Antonio have been held-up at US customs, league source tells @TheVertical (https://twitter.com/TheVertical).

TheGreatYacht
03-06-2017, 01:14 PM
Now i went back and wondered what this weird Woj tweet was all about :lolAdrian Wojnarowski‏Verified account @WojVerticalNBA (https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA) Dec 2 (https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/838149667468750850)5More

Australian-made microwave bulbs destined for San Antonio have been held-up at US customs, league source tells @TheVertical (https://twitter.com/TheVertical).

:lmao

dabom
03-06-2017, 01:16 PM
Op still thinks kawhi is a chucker. :lmao

dabom
03-06-2017, 01:17 PM
Have not seen one intelligent take from OP besides posting twitter spam. :lmao

Mini spurraider21. :lmao

TheGreatYacht
03-06-2017, 01:17 PM
Bold OP

sasaint
03-06-2017, 01:18 PM
He actually started and played more minutes against opposing teams starters in the early part of the season when Parker missed more games..Somebody just fell off a cliff and we don't know why yet..At this point, he is definitely losing money if this is who he is for the next 20 games and the playoffs..

Contract years can work both ways. Posters who are writing in big off-season paydays for Patty and even Juice are very premature.

DPG21920
03-06-2017, 01:22 PM
Mills has been playing in the guts of games more recently. That is what I am talking about. His struggles have come when he's having to be a PG against starters, in tight games like most PGs.

spursistan
03-06-2017, 01:23 PM
Death, taxes and dimwit daboom polluting threads with his impulsive inanities: the "one liner + emoticon" combo gonna rule here :lol

SAGirl
03-06-2017, 01:40 PM
Hopefully he streaks at the right time in the right direction... and doesn't pull a 2016 OKC series this season.

duncan2k5
03-06-2017, 03:59 PM
OP is actually Tony Parker...

duncan2k5
03-06-2017, 04:05 PM
OP is actually Tony Parker...

LaMarcus Bryant
03-06-2017, 04:15 PM
He's one of our team's MVPs.

SpursforSix
03-06-2017, 04:18 PM
https://www.mememaker.net/static/images/memes/4428880.jpg

itzsoweezee
03-06-2017, 05:24 PM
I'd be interested to see what his shooting stats are for catch and shoot opportunities during each of those 30 game periods. I wonder if the drop off is due to the shots he's getting. That wouldn't explain his stupid free throw shooting, though.

Silver&Black
03-06-2017, 06:06 PM
Better PG than Porker tbh

Sup lefty

pgardn
03-06-2017, 06:09 PM
Needs Manu next to him in the worst way being that Patty is a 2 guard.

Down Under
03-06-2017, 06:14 PM
A lot of it would be playing against starters, but some would definitely be regression to the mean. He was clearly the second best player on the team for the first half of the season. He's a good player, but he's not that good.

tonight...you
03-06-2017, 06:20 PM
Ignoring impact stats. So I guess I don't ever wanna see him bring up impact stats ever if he is discussing any other player. :lmao
Then defend your boy, fucker, for real, or call a spade a spade, for once. He's been stinking up the joint on both ends. I've been to the past few games. He's been shit in a pan. And use something more than deflection, please.
He better do some good shit these playoffs... Or some serious stink-eye is going to head your way from more than me bro.

And he is eminently expendable this year. The Spurs can find any random decent chucker, with almost zero D, on the cheap every year.

Every God-damned year. There are chuckers everywhere.

dabom
03-06-2017, 06:30 PM
Then defend your boy, fucker, for real, or call a spade a spade, for once. He's been stinking up the joint on both ends. I've been to the past few games. He's been shit in a pan. And use something more than deflection, please.
He better do some good shit these playoffs... Or some serious stink-eye is going to head your way from more than me bro.

And he is eminently expendable this year. The Spurs can find any random decent chucker, with almost zero D, on the cheap every year.

Every God-damned year. There are chuckers everywhere.

You don't know what your talking about. Dude is a positive impact player and pop keeps giving him more close out minutes. Have you even checked his raw totals? All for fucking 3 mil a year. :lmao

O and I knew Patty was gonna be fire in 2015 when everyone doubted him. It was just me and another poster. My takes are 95% spot on.

tonight...you
03-06-2017, 06:34 PM
You don't know what your talking about. Dude is a positive impact player and pop keeps giving him more close out minutes. Have you even checked his raw totals? All for fucking 3 mil a year. :lmao

O and I knew Patty was gonna be fire in 2015 when everyone doubted him. It was just me and another poster. My takes are 95% spot on.
No... they are not.
And this is coming from the guy who has called you daboMVP...

You're falling on your own sword on this one boy. He better put up some numbers these playoffs...
I will remember this.

And you still haven't given anything close to an argument with anything substantive... Think about that.

dabom
03-06-2017, 06:59 PM
No... they are not.
And this is coming from the guy who has called you daboMVP...

You're falling on your own sword on this one boy. He better put up some numbers these playoffs...
I will remember this.

And you still haven't given anything close to an argument with anything substantive... Think about that.

Yes they are. I've slayed many posters already. Facts my brah.

tonight...you
03-06-2017, 07:04 PM
Yes they are. I've slayed many posters already. Facts my brah.
I know...
Why do you think I have called you da daboMVP?

But on this? Where is your argument, this season? Beyond the past and your gut? He is shitting the bed in his contract year.
He has been close to shit and he's been a huge liability on D. I personally watched that guy get abused, on purpose, over and over and over, and it worked.
Oh boy, did it work...

Come on, man. I expect more out of you. Especially you.

This old boy better put up #'s in the PO's. or I will be merciless. And I can be merciless...

TheGreatYacht
03-06-2017, 07:05 PM
Death, taxes and dimwit daboom polluting threads with his impulsive inanities: the "one liner + emoticon" combo gonna rule here :lol
:lol

tbear280
03-06-2017, 07:15 PM
I have a theory, I think patfo are keeping Bryn Forbes around to plug him on Pattys's place next year when he leaves in free agency. Somebody is going to throw a lot of $$$ his way to be a starter, the sixers is where I think he ends up as the starting pg in my theory. And I think every Spurs fan knows he's not worth matching the ridiculous amount of $$$ some other team, the sixers, with a ton of cap room will offer him. Bryn Forbes mimicks Pattys as far the shooting, but he will have to learn the pg position which won't be to easy at this stage in his basketball career, but it's not impossible. This is just my theory.

dabom
03-06-2017, 07:18 PM
I know...
Why do you think I have called you da daboMVP?

But on this? Where is your argument, this season? Beyond the past and your gut? He is shitting the bed in his contract year.
He has been close to shit and he's been a huge liability on D. I personally watched that guy get abused, on purpose, over and over and over, and it worked.
Oh boy, did it work...

Come on, man. I expect more out of you. Especially you.

This old boy better put up #'s in the PO's. or I will be merciless. And I can be merciless...

Then why isn't he a negative impact player. Tell Mr that? And why hasn't Murray taking over if Patty is a huge liability. Maybe it's not how you see it.

tonight...you
03-06-2017, 07:25 PM
Then why isn't he a negative impact player. Tell Mr that? And why hasn't Murray taking over if Patty is a huge liability. Maybe it's not how you see it.
There it is...Why is Murray (the rookie) no different from Patty, impact-wise?
Expendable.

Thank you.

dabom
03-06-2017, 07:38 PM
There it is...Why is Murray (the rookie) no different from Patty, impact-wise?
Expendable.

Thank you.

Impact wise Patty has him beat by a wide margin.

tonight...you
03-06-2017, 07:47 PM
Impact wise Patty has him beat by a wide margin.
Yeah...
I misread that.
But seriously... impact-wise- give me #'s.
Not words.
Him and Parker and Murray.
Break that shit down, since you like to talk about it.

Gimme. Otherwise... piss off, daboMVP.

TD 21
03-06-2017, 07:53 PM
Regression to the mean. Somehow, when this inevitability comes into play, it's called choking, forgetting how to shoot, your shot being broken, etc.

Mills is shooting .443 from the field, .413 from 3 and .836 from the line. The first two are above his career averages and the latter is right in line with it and they're all good percentages (the former may not appear so to the laymen, but it's all relative to the type of shots one shoots).

Green and Mills receive too much criticism on this board.

tonight...you
03-06-2017, 07:55 PM
Regression to the mean. Somehow, when this inevitability comes into play, it's called choking, forgetting how to shoot, your shot being broken, etc.

Mills is shooting .443 from the field, .413 from 3 and .836 from the line. The first two are above his career averages and the latter is right in line with it and they're all good percentages (the former may not appear so to the laymen, but it's all relative to the type of shots one shoots).

Because they are integral to the team's success.
Or, maybe they are above reproach...

Maybe they can just do however they want.

TD 21
03-06-2017, 08:13 PM
Because they are integral to the team's success.
Or, maybe they are above reproach...

Maybe they can just do however they want.

They are, but they're among the best in their roles. They're not the issue with this team; Parker and Ginobili being too old to play the role they need them to, is.

tonight...you
03-06-2017, 08:25 PM
They are, but they're among the best in their roles. They're not the issue with this team; Parker and Ginobili being too old to play the role they need them to, is.

They are the issue with this team because they are the guys depended upon to pick up the slack. One dude is even in the middle of a contract year, in all of this.
This is his put up, or shut up year, and he's kind of shutting up. That's no bueno, buddy.
No?

Play Boban
03-06-2017, 08:26 PM
I blame Porker for forcing Patty into a greater role than he should have. Patty is a situational player, but Porker's ineptness is forcing Patty to play way too many minutes.

TheGreatYacht
03-06-2017, 08:39 PM
I blame Porker for forcing Patty into a greater role than he should have. Patty is a situational player, but Porker's ineptness is forcing Patty to play way too many minutes.
Microwave Mills has only finished the last 2 games, pipe down.

phxspurfan
03-06-2017, 09:14 PM
Perhaps last year was the outlier and this is a regression to the mean

ducks
03-06-2017, 09:38 PM
2 for last 20

midnightpulp
03-06-2017, 09:42 PM
Exposed.

spurraider21
03-06-2017, 09:46 PM
I blame Porker for forcing Patty into a greater role than he should have. Patty is a situational player, but Porker's ineptness is forcing Patty to play way too many minutes.not an unfair assessment tbh

DPG21920
03-06-2017, 09:51 PM
not an unfair assessment tbh

If that is true I want to hear Patty go back on the "I want to be a starting PG" talk.

TD 21
03-07-2017, 04:53 PM
They are the issue with this team because they are the guys depended upon to pick up the slack. One dude is even in the middle of a contract year, in all of this.
This is his put up, or shut up year, and he's kind of shutting up. That's no bueno, buddy.
No?

They are what they are: late 20's role players.

Again, basketball is no different than any other sport. It doesn't matter how great one is in a particular area, everyone will go through slumps. Overall, they're both volume three-point shooters, shooting right around 40% and one also rates as one of the best defenders at his position(s). What more do you want? Steady 40% shooting throughout 82 games plus playoffs isn't possible.

If this team had even '14 Parker, who was beginning his decline but still All-Star caliber, he'd singlehandedly cover up their issues and give them a legit shot at winning the championship.

spursistan
03-07-2017, 05:02 PM

Mills and Green shooting valleys have taken a MCW-level of ineptitude turn the past two years (Wide open, unsightly bricks everywhere..)..they have gotten longer and more consistent to the point they are going to lose you a series given the lack of scoring options elsewhere for this team..

TD 21
03-07-2017, 05:08 PM
Mills and Green shooting valleys have taken a MCW-level of ineptitude turn the past two years (Wide open, unsightly bricks everywhere..)..they have gotten longer and more consistent to the point they are going to lose you a series given the lack of scoring options elsewhere for this team..

It just seems that way because you follow this team closely and have an emotional connection to them, so you have unrealistic expectations. This is how it works though. Gordon, Ariza and I believe Anderson, have slumped for a long time compared to earlier in the season and it looks like it's finally hitting Williams, to.

Even with Mill falling off a cliff, he's still shot 37% (or about 2 percent above league average) from 3 during this stretch.

Aldridge playing like a star and Parker's health/rhythm, are far bigger concerns than Green and Mills.

tonight...you
03-07-2017, 05:20 PM
They are what they are: late 20's role players.

Again, basketball is no different than any other sport. It doesn't matter how great one is in a particular area, everyone will go through slumps. Overall, they're both volume three-point shooters, shooting right around 40% and one also rates as one of the best defenders at his position(s). What more do you want? Steady 40% shooting throughout 82 games plus playoffs isn't possible.

If this team had even '14 Parker, who was beginning his decline but still All-Star caliber, he'd singlehandedly cover up their issues and give them a legit shot at winning the championship.
You convinced me. :toast

spursistan
04-08-2017, 09:55 PM
Bump..

Basically he's had hot couple of months, and then regressed back to 2014-2015/2015-2016 levels..IMO, he's downgraded from an elite shooter to just great one based on his track record of the past two seasons..

midnightpulp
04-08-2017, 09:55 PM
Outplayed by Raymond Felton :lol

apalisoc_9
04-08-2017, 09:58 PM
Bump..

Basically he's had hot couple of months, and then regressed back to 2015-2016/2015-2016 levels..IMO, he's downgraded from an elite shooter to just great one based on his track record of the past two seasons..

He's trying too hard to prove something. His Decieion making has flat out been atrocious. This is why Pop struggles to bench Parker because the Alterbative has no idea how to read the flow of the offense. It's so common for him to call for shitty Aldridge and Leonard post-ups in situations that doesn't warrant it. To top it off, he's three on the dribble has been horrendous. He needs to chill and play more offball.

So glad we dont play the Clippers.

timtonymanu
04-08-2017, 09:59 PM
Thanks for 2014, Patty but time to leave.

spursistan
04-08-2017, 09:59 PM
Outplayed by Raymond Felton :lol
Paddy is shooting under 30% vs the Clippers in 4 games and barely over 20% from 3PT..:lmao

Also why is no one talking about him becoming an more even inexcusable defender this season..even that fake hustle is lacking..

ElNono
04-08-2017, 10:00 PM
I mentioned it a while back, disappointing since it's a contract year for him, tbh...

Hopefully he can find his stroke for the playoffs at least... the defense on both our PGs is a lost cause, IMO...

TheGreatYacht
04-08-2017, 10:00 PM
The biggest loser tonight was Austin Rivers for missing out on a career night tonight

SAGirl
01-28-2018, 12:15 PM
Can we just stop talking about "contract year Patty"? or the fact he's been in a mere slump? or the projection of him getting "paiiiid" ?

Wakeup and smell the coffee folks: For as good he was the first 30 games of the season, he's been oppositely atrocious for the next 30..

Pre-Christmas Patty Thrills: (30 games) (48 FG %/ 44 3PT%/92 FT%) :wow

https://i.imgur.com/5kdTb6s.jpg

Post-Christmas Broken Microwave: (30 games) (39 FG%/37 3PT%/63 FT%) :lmao

https://i.imgur.com/UfuwUss.jpg
Care to do something !like this for this season?
Include Davis and Danny too? Think Spurs all getting on a shooting funk at the same time has been a problem when they are a!ready missing Kawhi and Rudy's scoring.