PDA

View Full Version : Warriors: Draymond is spot on

ambchang
03-06-2017, 01:49 PM
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18832748/draymond-green-golden-state-warriors-calls-new-york-knicks-decision-go-game-music-pathetic

That :lol today's NBA is an inferior product and reliant on other forms of entertainment to keep people awake from the horrible product put on the floor.

It is completely disrespectful to the paying customer to roll out such a horrible product and expect people to pay full price. Using the analogy of NBA games to paper and music and video (however horrible they are in :lol today's world) to computer is apt, because as bad as :lol today's music is, it is about that much better to the horrible games played by :lol today's NBA as computer is to paper.

Draymond may be off base on a lot of things, but he is right on on this.

:wow yesterday's NBA let the product on the floor do the talking.

Mikeanaro
03-06-2017, 01:57 PM
Is he aware than in yesterday´s NBA he wont be even in the league?

Arcadian
03-06-2017, 01:58 PM
Why'd they take away the music?

monosylab1k
03-06-2017, 02:03 PM
Why'd they take away the music?

To put all the focus on :cry the beauty of the game :cry, because New Yorkers are pretentious cocks who think basketball at MSG is the purest form of the game, even with that dogshit team they've had for decades.

I. Hustle
03-06-2017, 02:09 PM
To put all the focus on :cry the beauty of the game :cry, because New Yorkers are pretentious cocks who think basketball at MSG is the purest form of the game, even with that dogshit team they've had for decades.

The funniest part to me is, how many actual New Yorkers are on that team? Just playing in the MSG makes it pure ball? Damn I can't stand New Yorkers.

unleashbaynes
03-06-2017, 02:28 PM
It was a gimmick, they tried it, they got mocked, because they're the Knicks.

Tbf though, the Warriors are a great team and do play some pretty pure basketball, so at least the fans got to see it from one side.

marinoman
03-06-2017, 04:02 PM
I think it's a nice change of pace. Spurs should definitely do this every time they play warriors at home. The warriors are like a collection of talented betas

LaMarcus Bryant
03-06-2017, 04:17 PM
Marc the titties Cuban used to play No Doubt songs during Mavs timeouts true story

LaMarcus Bryant
03-06-2017, 04:21 PM
The purest form, fucking NY :lol

monosylab1k
03-06-2017, 06:27 PM
Marc the titties Cuban used to play No Doubt songs during Mavs timeouts true story
:lol
Cuban is definitely responsible for the full on Idiocracy of most NBA arena presentations these days.

UZER
03-06-2017, 06:36 PM
I'm a big fan of the less is more approach during games. It makes the crowd participate. Even if it's quiet for awhile, little by little you get pulled in. I also a big fan of the organ.

I hate...HATE... when the AT&T center pumps in all that loud overbearing obnoxious music while the Spurs have possession. And it's every damn possession! Can't stand it.

lefty
03-06-2017, 06:54 PM
So wait this phaggot can't play without music?

:lol holy shit Greg Kite would have destroyed him in the old Boston Garden

phxspurfan
03-06-2017, 07:12 PM
I hate...HATE... when the AT&T center pumps in all that loud overbearing obnoxious music while the Spurs have possession. And it's every damn possession! Can't stand it.

Agreed. Can't stand it when the spurs have the ball and sometimes I yell at the tv. Like stfu and let Tony concentrate on his dribble dribble dribbling

Fat Hands
03-06-2017, 07:39 PM
I'm a big fan of the less is more approach during games. It makes the crowd participate. Even if it's quiet for awhile, little by little you get pulled in. I also a big fan of the organ.

So.I.gots.a.big.fat.organ.for.you.brah

Mark Celibate
03-07-2017, 07:17 AM
:lol
Cuban is definitely responsible for the full on Idiocracy of most NBA arena presentations these days.

:lmao Yep, Cuban had a monopoly on stupid in game entertainment for awhile until it was emulated by almost everybody

I haven't been to a Mavericks game in almost ten years. Do they still do all the stupid crap they did back then? Besides the batshit crazy PA announcer they used to have and Chris Arnold, I imagine nothing much has changed. I know they still have the mic'd up rims and the ManiAACs

The only cool gimmick they've ever had was Mavs man.

This post by Spurminator awhile ago summed it up pretty well.
The Wave" and "The Dot Race" have had a love child using very strong fertility drugs, and its name is The American Airlines Center of Dallas, TX.

Is there a worse venue for a basketball fan to watch a live game? (Well, a fan over the age of 12 that is...)

From the mic'd rims to the plastic clappers given free with every seat, watching a Mavs game live is the equivalent of watching basketball on television while someone pokes your forehead with their finger repeatedly for 2 and a half hours. Known as the AAC, it seems to be a laboratory for ADD. It's as though they set it up to distract as many people from the actual game as possible, which is curious since the Mavs are actually a good team and entertaining in their own right. You have movie clips (sponsored, of course, by Blockbuster) during the game, sound effects, and the most obnoxious PA announcer in the history of human competition (imagine a Texas A&M Yell Leader with a microphone). The only time he stops talking long enough to take a breath is when he announces a player on the opposing team... I'm convinced he is actually inhaling as he reads their name when they make a basket or substitution.

Fans lucky enough to arrive early enough are treated to the emcee stylings of Chris Arnold, who is basically Stuart Scott without the journalistic talent. Once he's done pimping the latest Mavs gear, fans can look out for one of the 800 carnies throwing frisbees, slinging T-shirts, tossing basketballs or hyping up the crowd. It's enough to make you wish they would just show the commercials from the TV broadcast during timeouts. The costumed stunt dunker (MavsMan) seems like a welcome return to classic basketball normalsy by comparison. They have a drum line. They have dancing fat guys.

But maybe the fans deserve it.

Watching a game with Mavericks fans is like sitting in a calculus lecture with 20,000 emotionally unstable (often schitzophrenic) people talking themselves through each problem, trying desperately to understand how it works. They booed a goaltending call that had clearly occurred after the ball hit the backboard. One fan behind me uttered the phrase, "Knock him down harder next time" seven times during the first three quarters (seriously, I counted). This same fan could be heard before the game bemoaning what a dirty player Bruce Bowen is. The same fans who were gone 2 1/2 quarters through the last game the Spurs played in Dallas could be seen taunting Spurs fans as they left the arena with 6 minutes to go in the game.

And then there is the whining. It's normal for fans to boo calls against their teams, but I've been to many arenas and stadiums in my life and no fans (except for perhaps Sacramento fans, but I've never been to Arco) whine as loudly as Mavs fans. Mark Cuban, for everything he has done for the Mavs team, has created a "Culture of Bitching" at Mavericks games. Every semi-controversial call is replayed on the jumbotron. Every foul is either a flop or a mugging, depending on the recipient's team. A movie clip was shown from "A Christmas Story" where Scott Farcas badgers Ralphie with the taunt of "What, are you gonna CRY now? Come on, baby, CRYYYYYY..." and not five seconds later, fans were hysterical over an offensive foul call.

I believe a lot of this stems from the Don Nelson era... perhaps Avery will provide some levity. Or he'll be lambasted for failing to stick up for his team. For all the rampant homerdom present among Mavericks fans, they are also irrationally critical of their own players. Michael Finley deserves better. Hell, Shawn Bradley deserves better.

Fortunately, about 40% of the fans at any given Mavs/Spurs game in Dallas are Spurs fans, so the overwhelming fatuity is diluted somewhat.

Perhaps this rant stems from sour grapes... I can't lie, the fact that the Spurs lost by 70 points only enhanced the annoyance of the experience. Like having to listen to a ten year old take drumming lessons while you're already hungover. But next time I visit the AAC for a game, I may prefer to stand outside by the concessions and watch it on the monitor... only to return to my seat when the Mavs are down by 20 and all of their fans have left the arena, and the PA announcer has quieted to a constant whisper. I'll still have to watch my head for T-shirts parachuting from the rafters, but I suppose I could live with that.

hater
03-07-2017, 07:34 AM
What is this faggot crying about? Dont speak Faggitese

InRareForm
03-07-2017, 01:09 PM
draymond needs to go on his soapbox on every damn thing

SpursforSix
03-07-2017, 02:30 PM
I also a big fan of the organ.

LOL. Edit: I see someone already jumped on that.

But anyway, I agree with you. I like the organ as well. I don't mind some music here and there but it's gone over the top. It's terrible in Dallas. If you go to the game with friends, you will not be able to have any kind of conversation during the game.

UZER
03-07-2017, 03:15 PM
More like Draymond is spotting.

Chris
03-07-2017, 05:06 PM
:cry muh arena music :cry