PDA

View Full Version : How can Kawhi NOT be in the lead in the MVP race after last night?

UNT Eagles 2016
03-07-2017, 05:52 AM
He took down the Media's #1, head-to-head, one-on-one, mono-y-mono, it was a gentleman's duel, and Kawhi emerged victorious at the expense of his enemy, in the clutch, when it mattered the very most. Kawhi. Beat. Him.

Kawhi is the clear cut #1 in the MVP race at this point... if we get the 1 seed it'll be a lock.

NameLess Scrub
03-07-2017, 06:45 AM
He took down the Media's #1, head-to-head, one-on-one, mono-y-mono, it was a gentleman's duel, and Kawhi emerged victorious at the expense of his enemy, in the clutch, when it mattered the very most. Kawhi. Beat. Him.

Kawhi is the clear cut #1 in the MVP race at this point... if we get the 1 seed it'll be a lock.

Because he doesn't brag or celebrate enough, and because the "system".

Also, is "mono-y-mono" supposed to mean "mano a mano", from Spanish?
Mono-y-mono would be "Monkey and monkey" :lol

UNT Eagles 2016
03-07-2017, 06:56 AM

Kawhi beat him monkey to monkey, so yeah.

emanueldavidginobili
03-07-2017, 08:55 AM
Honestly he's blowing up. Everyone was talking about him last night. I don't know how to put twitter photos on here but Dwyane said something about him Stephen A said he's his front runner for MVP, even Mia Khalifa said something about him last night lol

mrtxstar
03-07-2017, 09:09 AM
He was my MVP even before last night but hopefully the folks that matter saw this performance by Kawhi as the delineation of separation between him and all others in MVP contention.

cd98
03-07-2017, 09:11 AM
Pop making the case:

"The block [at the end of the game] is what makes him special," the coach said. "Obviously, the 3, you know Harden makes 3s. Kawhi makes 3s. This guy makes 3s, that guy makes 3s. Steph [Curry] (http://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/3975/stephen-curry) makes 3s. Everybody does that. But I don't know who goes to the other end and does what he does -- not that many people on a consistent basis, and entire game, game after game."

bklynspursfan
03-07-2017, 09:54 AM
This is great stuff

As tensions heightened down the stretch, Leonard called off Danny Green (http://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/3988/danny-green), who was guarding Harden, on defensive switches because he wanted to match up with the Rockets guard. Green said he tried to guard Harden to give Leonard a breather, but the Spurs forward "wouldn't have it."

Would love to see Harden do that in crunch time

sasaint
03-07-2017, 10:02 AM

All the idiot sportscasters in every sport say,"Mano y mano." (I think that is one of Bob Costas' favorites.) Totally infuriating that somebody in a broadcast team doesn't know better and make sure the on-air talking head gets it right.

sasaint
03-07-2017, 10:07 AM
This is great stuff

I would LOVE to see that. Kawhi would blister him every trip.

Btw, does anybody have a count of how many trips Harden actually was forced to cover Kawhi and their outcomes? That might be kinda interesting - especially to those who are really pushing the Kawhi MVP thing.

NameLess Scrub
03-07-2017, 10:17 AM
All the idiot sportscasters in every sport say,"Mano y mano." (I think that is one of Bob Costas' favorites.) Totally infuriating that somebody in a broadcast team doesn't know better and make sure the on-air talking head gets it right.

I don't think I've ever heard anybody get it right on TV (from an English speaker).

Joseph Kony
03-07-2017, 10:21 AM
As soon as Pop switched him onto Harden it was game over....made a case for that DPOY too. Harden had what, 30 points when they put Kawhi on him? only managed 9 for the rest of the evening, not bad all things considered

TheDoctor
03-07-2017, 10:24 AM
I would LOVE to see that. Kawhi would blister him every trip.

Btw, does anybody have a count of how many trips Harden actually was forced to cover Kawhi and their outcomes? That might be kinda interesting - especially to those who are really pushing the Kawhi MVP thing.

I dunno about that but what I know is that as soon as Pop put Kawhi on Harden he was done. I mean, Harden entered the 4th quarter with 35 fcking points and ended with 39. Just 4 points in the 4th vs Kawhi's 17. B E A S T.

coachmac87
03-07-2017, 10:31 AM
Let's start with somebody averaging a triple double which hasn't been done in 50 years...and can possibly take a lottery team to the 5th seed....

Spurs need the #1 seed and Kawhi will lock down MVP

sasaint
03-07-2017, 10:36 AM
I don't think I've ever heard anybody get it right on TV (from an English speaker).

Nobody that I recall. Oh, the glaring stupidity.

Keepin' it real
03-07-2017, 10:37 AM
Stephen A. Smith says Kawhi is still #4 on his list, so ...

He blames the greatness of Pop. Says Pop is such a great coach, it diminishes Kawhi's accomplishments.

coachmac87
03-07-2017, 10:41 AM

He blames the greatness of Pop. Says Pop is such a great coach, it diminishes Kawhi's accomplishments.

Riiiiiight. But how come Harden didn't put up these numbers last year?? Dantoni system..

Kawhi finished 2nd in MVP voting last year and is having a better year THIS year..

If any coach should take away from what the players accomplish it's Harden/Dantoni

NameLess Scrub
03-07-2017, 10:43 AM

It's kind of understandable generally, but not this year. Kawhi has gone too much into Kobe mode.

Then again, who knows if they watch?

NameLess Scrub
03-07-2017, 10:44 AM
Riiiiiight. But how come Harden didn't put up these numbers last year?? Dantoni system..

Kawhi finished 2nd in MVP voting last year and is having a better year THIS year..

If any coach should take away from what the players accomplish it's Harden/Dantoni

Agreed.

sasaint
03-07-2017, 10:51 AM

Pop is, indeed, a brilliant coach to coach Kawhi into all those steals and blocks - especially the chase downs.

tmtcsc
03-07-2017, 11:02 AM
I was thrilled with the win last night but Kawhi's teammates are letting him down, period. If they start getting their shit together, the Spurs will have a great chance of winning it all. Kawhi can't be relied upon to keep doing this, its not fair to him.

LMA needs to start making baskets.
Patty needs to start making baskets.
Jonathan Simmons needs to start playing like he wants to stay employed. He's been pretty damn awful and hesitant to shoot.

tmtcsc
03-07-2017, 11:04 AM

Exactly. Look what he did for Steve Nash. It's all about having the PG dominate the ball.

Keepin' it real
03-07-2017, 11:05 AM
Jonathan Simmons needs to start playing like he wants to stay employed. He's been pretty damn awful and hesitant to shoot.

Dude showing his true colors. He needs to go to the end of the bench and stay there.

james evans
03-07-2017, 11:08 AM
because mvp isn't about the best player anymore, it's about the most popular player. Sorta like how Kobe was basically given Chris Paul's mvp award in 2008.

james evans
03-07-2017, 11:10 AM
This is great stuff

I would love to see Harden play defense period for an entire game.

On another note, Dantoni is getting his boys right for a 2nd round exit

Chinook
03-07-2017, 11:11 AM
This is great stuff

I remember that. Green met Harden at mid court and raised his hand to signal that he had the ball, but Kawhi ran up behind Danny, and Green went over to the Rocket on the wing.

LaMarcus Bryant
03-07-2017, 11:13 AM
Honestly he's blowing up. Everyone was talking about him last night. I don't know how to put twitter photos on here but Dwyane said something about him Stephen A said he's his front runner for MVP, even Mia Khalifa said something about him last night lol

Mia Khalifa lmao, that arabic chick that gets poled by only 10inch dongs? lmaoo

sasaint
03-07-2017, 11:21 AM
because mvp isn't about the best player anymore, it's about the most popular player. Sorta like how Kobe was basically given Chris Paul's mvp award in 2008.

anymore?!?!

bklynspursfan
03-07-2017, 12:02 PM
I would love to see Harden play defense period for an entire game.

On another note, Dantoni is getting his boys right for a 2nd round exit

Some things never change for pringles.

bklynspursfan
03-07-2017, 12:07 PM
I remember that. Green met Harden at mid court and raised his hand to signal that he had the ball, but Kawhi ran up behind Danny, and Green went over to the Rocket on the wing.

Yea.. It sure is nice to have options though between the 2. If only Dedmon was more impactful and smarter at times to be in there at a time like that. Having a shot blocker at the rim in crucial moments helps, especially with a guy like Harden

Chinook
03-07-2017, 12:11 PM
Yea.. It sure is nice to have options though between the 2. If only Dedmon was more impactful and smarter at times to be in there at a time like that. Having a shot blocker at the rim in crucial moments helps, especially with a guy like Harden

Just cut Joel and re-sign Tim. Simple as that.

bklynspursfan
03-07-2017, 12:30 PM

Indeed

https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/3593368/tim-block.0.gif

DAF86
03-07-2017, 12:36 PM
I just watched the Kawhi discussion on "First Take", yeah Kawhi has no chance in hell if these are the kind of morons that vote for MVP, tbh. Just an all around shitfest of horrible takes and cliches like "the greatness of popovich", "the Spurs system", "Kawhi doesn't have to do as much", etc. Even the guy supossedly arguing for Kawhi made all kind of retarded remarks.

james evans
03-07-2017, 12:50 PM
anymore?!?!
there are lots of cases pertaining to finals mvp, regular season, and especially all star game mvp.

1996 all star game in san antonio. Jordan's 1st game back after retirement. Jordan had 20 points and 4 rebounds. Shaq had 25 points, 10 rebounds and 2 blocks(including a baptizing of Robinson) guess who got the mvp award?

2008 all star game. I'm not gonna say it was a complete robbery, but Ray Allen derserved to be co-mvp for the game he had. They were still playing a little defense back then in the all star game.

1980 finals mvp. No need to explain that. Just look atgames 1-5 and the numbers and explain to me how Magic should have won that finals mvp..

2008 finals mvp. Ray Allen was ROBBED!! There is no doubt about it. He was up there with Stern ready to receive his award and they announce Pierce was the winner. i was shocekd. That was bullshit. They just gave it to pierce cuz he had been a Celtic his whole carer, but even Pierce knew he ddin't deserve that shit.

2005 regular season . Is there anyone willing to argue that Nash deserved that MVp over Shaq? seriously?

2002. Many people are split in this. Timmy is my favorite player of all time, but I feel Kidd deserved that mvp. I wouldn't call it a robbery, but I thought he was gonna get it

sasaint
03-07-2017, 01:07 PM
there are lots of cases pertaining to finals mvp, regular season, and especially all star game mvp.

1996 all star game in san antonio. Jordan's 1st game back after retirement. Jordan had 20 points and 4 rebounds. Shaq had 25 points, 10 rebounds and 2 blocks(including a baptizing of Robinson) guess who got the mvp award?

2008 all star game. I'm not gonna say it was a complete robbery, but Ray Allen derserved to be co-mvp for the game he had. They were still playing a little defense back then in the all star game.

1980 finals mvp. No need to explain that. Just look atgames 1-5 and the numbers and explain to me how Magic should have won that finals mvp..

2008 finals mvp. Ray Allen was ROBBED!! There is no doubt about it. He was up there with Stern ready to receive his award and they announce Pierce was the winner. i was shocekd. That was bullshit. They just gave it to pierce cuz he had been a Celtic his whole carer, but even Pierce knew he ddin't deserve that shit.

2005 regular season . Is there anyone willing to argue that Nash deserved that MVp over Shaq? seriously?

2002. Many people are split in this. Timmy is my favorite player of all time, but I feel Kidd deserved that mvp. I wouldn't call it a robbery, but I thought he was gonna get it

I think you must have misunderstood my comment - in fact, by citing an example that is 37 years old, you are making my point. It isn't just "anymore" or recently. Such honors have always been popularity contests to a greater or lesser degree.

cd98
03-07-2017, 01:08 PM

I guess Kobe, MJ, and Shaq shouldn't have been MVPs bc of Phil.

SAGirl
03-07-2017, 01:25 PM
I was thrilled with the win last night but Kawhi's teammates are letting him down, period. If they start getting their shit together, the Spurs will have a great chance of winning it all. Kawhi can't be relied upon to keep doing this, its not fair to him.

LMA needs to start making baskets.
Patty needs to start making baskets.
I will add Danny is probably required to make shots too. I suspect in the playoffs coaches may dare others to beat them. If not Kawhi. I wish others are ready to make shots.

100%duncan
03-07-2017, 01:46 PM

I searched her on twitter, she did tweet :lmao

spursistan
03-07-2017, 01:48 PM

UZER
03-07-2017, 01:48 PM
I just watched the Kawhi discussion on "First Take", yeah Kawhi has no chance in hell if these are the kind of morons that vote for MVP, tbh. Just an all around shitfest of horrible takes and cliches like "the greatness of popovich", "the Spurs system", "Kawhi doesn't have to do as much", etc. Even the guy supossedly arguing for Kawhi made all kind of retarded remarks.

This shit is media bias in full effect.

Titles without Phil:

Jordan-0
Kobe - 0
Shaq -1 (and that was with Riley)

That has never ever taken away from their accomplishments in the medias eyes.

They only play this card when it's convenient to discredit someone they don't want to win.

Phenomanul
03-07-2017, 03:53 PM

Would Tim be playoff eligible...?

baseline bum
03-07-2017, 03:57 PM
because mvp isn't about the best player anymore, it's about the most popular player. Sorta like how Kobe was basically given LeBron James' mvp award in 2008.

fify

MR-Clutch
03-07-2017, 04:16 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timeinc.net/si/nba/2017/03/07/kawhi-leonard-mvp-case-spurs-james-harden-russell-westbrook%3Fsource%3Ddam

UNT Eagles 2016
03-07-2017, 04:23 PM
Let's start with somebody averaging a triple double which hasn't been done in 50 years...and can possibly take a lottery team to the 5th seed....

Again, raw stats are overrated, especially considering Kobe didn't win it in 2006 despite being more impressive... I'm not impressed with a point guard getting a triple double because that just means he boxed out his own teammates for his own selfishness (it's not like Adams/Kanter/Gibson are slouches on the glass, either). The assists aren't necessarily all organic, either. Triple doubles are commonplace among stars nowadays, they're hardly an accomplishment.

Chinook
03-07-2017, 04:41 PM
Would Tim be playoff eligible...?

Yes, if he was able to be signed in the first place.

HarlemHeat37
03-07-2017, 04:50 PM

:lol this is what I've been saying, all season..some of you guys are overestimating the intelligence of the mainstream media, tbh..

It's a narrative award..he's building a nice narrative, though..they won't be able to ignore him after games like last night..if he can drop 2 big games vs. the Warriors, he might actually have a shot..

coachmac87
03-07-2017, 05:04 PM
Again, raw stats are overrated, especially considering Kobe didn't win it in 2006 despite being more impressive... I'm not impressed with a point guard getting a triple double because that just means he boxed out his own teammates for his own selfishness (it's not like Adams/Kanter/Gibson are slouches on the glass, either). The assists aren't necessarily all organic, either. Triple doubles are commonplace among stars nowadays, they're hardly an accomplishment.

If it's overrated then why hasn't it been done in 50 years?? I want Kawhi to win it but if he doesn't I'd understand why...

coachmac87
03-07-2017, 05:06 PM

If it's overrated then why hasn't it been done in 50 years?? I want Kawhi to win it but if he doesn't I'd understand why...

coachmac87
03-07-2017, 05:09 PM
:lol this is what I've been saying, all season..some of you guys are overestimating the intelligence of the mainstream media, tbh..

It's a narrative award..he's building a nice narrative, though..they won't be able to ignore him after games like last night..if he can drop 2 big games vs. the Warriors, he might actually have a shot..

If Westbrook wasn't averaging a triple double I think Kawhi would be a lock going forward after last night.

james evans
03-07-2017, 05:20 PM

The big O and Magic's assists were harder to get back in the day. Many of you may not realize that the NBA changed the way of getting an assist. Back in the day, an assist was a pass leading to a basket. Now, if you take the bal out and pass it to someone and they hold it for 20 seconds playing with it and finally score, that assist is yours.

tonight...you
03-07-2017, 05:23 PM
The big O and Magic's assists were harder to get back in the day. Many of you may not realize that the NBA changed the way of getting an assist. Back in the day, an assist was a pass leading to a basket. Now, if you take the bal out and pass it to someone and they hold it for 20 seconds playing with it and finally score, that assist is yours.

I actually did not know that. Kind of bullshit imo...

james evans
03-07-2017, 05:26 PM
If Westbrook wasn't averaging a triple double I think Kawhi would be a lock going forward after last night.
Robertson didn't get MVP every season when he averaged a triple double. Jordan didn't win in 89 averaging 32/8/8 while shooting 54%!!!

james evans
03-07-2017, 05:27 PM
I actually did not know that. Kind of bullshit imo...
yeah, a lot of people aren't aware of this. The league has bastardized the assist.

UNT Eagles 2016
03-07-2017, 06:05 PM

Because players generally don't mortgage team chemistry and camaraderie and go full try-hard for stats often at the expense of winning. Westbrook is a unique case because after the departures of Harden, Jackson, and Durant, he's the only offense they have left so he basically has the whole team under his thumb since he knows he has the leverage to keep OKC relevant or leave and send it to the abyss forever where it'll likely relocate again. So he essentially has carte blanche to do whatever he wants with that franchise, ala Lebron in Cleveland. But Lebron actually favors winning over stats at this point in his career because he knows his legacy hangs in the balance.

kjhip1
03-07-2017, 08:49 PM
One all star on the team, second best record in the NBA, 2nd in PER, plays great on both sides of the ball. But I'm sure he'll take a chip over MVP. Narrative will change if he continues this against golden state this weekend.

BatManu20
03-07-2017, 08:53 PM
Westbrook currently lighting up the Blazers on NBA TV. He really wants the MVP tbh, which hurts Kawhi cause I really don't think it matters much to him. It's Westbrook's to lose imho.

tonight...you
03-07-2017, 08:59 PM
Westbrook currently lighting up the Blazers on NBA TV. He really wants the MVP tbh, which hurts Kawhi cause I really don't think it matters much to him. It's Westbrook's to lose imho.

Kawhi and the Spurs search for more. Hopefully, they get there.

UZER
03-07-2017, 09:09 PM

He was going after the all Star game MVP chucking left and right too. No shame.

TheDoctor
03-07-2017, 10:27 PM
LMAO love Brodie the chucker.

56pts and still losing.

Ice009
03-07-2017, 10:31 PM

Are you serious? I thought that they had to score directly off the pass? If it's changed to what you say, where a player can dribble around with it and then score, that is BS.

DAF86
03-07-2017, 10:35 PM
I'm torn on Westbrook, tbh. He trully is posting monster stats that I don't know how many other folks could post, stat padding or not; but is also true that he can only post these numbers because he's not playing on a good team, and then there's that more than reasonable hypothesis that claims that one players hogging so much ball time isn't conductive to winning basketball, no matter how bad you think your teammates are.

spursistan
03-07-2017, 10:44 PM
I'm torn on Westbrook, tbh. He trully is posting monster stats that I don't know how many other folks could post, stat padding or not; but is also true that he can only post these numbers because he's not playing on a good team, and then there's that more than reasonable hypothesis that claims that one players hogging so much ball time isn't conductive to winning basketball, no matter how bad you think your teammates are.

Don't care how good he is; this is not a winning formula: Westbrook 39 FGAs/nobody else on his team had more than 9 FGAs..Fuckin laughable level of ball-hogging..
Might as well change the award name to MTD (Most Triple Doubles) or MMS (Most Monstrous Stats) :lol.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C6XfsV2U0AASX9K.jpg

hitmantb
03-07-2017, 10:45 PM
Harden is Kwahi's biggest competitor, followed by LeBron. If Kwahi beats Warriors both times (they will be on back-to-back, we will be home, we have a real chance) and takes first seed, they have to give it to him.

Westbrook has no chance, Oscar Robertson did not win MVP during his triple double season. A lot of top players on bad teams can pile up stats. I really don't like the way Westbrook gets more rebounds than Steven Adams (a monster of a rebounder) as a PG. It is pure stat padding. No way you get MVP as a 7th seed.

UNT Eagles 2016
03-07-2017, 10:53 PM
58 points and lost = fucking all-time disgraceful. The Thunderefs are 35-29. Westbrick's MVP candidancy is done, at least until next year.

UNT Eagles 2016
03-07-2017, 10:55 PM
Harden is Kwahi's biggest competitor, followed by LeBron. If Kwahi beats Warriors both times (they will be on back-to-back, we will be home, we have a real chance) and takes first seed, they have to give it to him.

Westbrook has no chance, Oscar Robertson did not win MVP during his triple double season. A lot of top players on bad teams can pile up stats. I really don't like the way Westbrook gets more rebounds than Steven Adams (a monster of a rebounder) as a PG. It is pure stat padding. No way you get MVP as a 7th seed.

Selfishness at its finest. Westbrick is arguably the most selfish player in all-time NBA history. Not satisfied with the double doubles so he has to box out his own teammates and demand they let him get his rebounds. What a dumb faggot.

Budkin
03-07-2017, 11:46 PM
Because he doesn't do the cooking hand motion.

UZER
03-08-2017, 12:32 AM
Selfishness at its finest. Westbrick is arguably the most selfish player in all-time NBA history. Not satisfied with the double doubles so he has to box out his own teammates and demand they let him get his rebounds. What a dumb faggot.

He crashes offensive boats so hard to stat pad, he constantly leaves his teammates scrambling to get back on D.

GSH
03-08-2017, 01:35 AM
Are you serious? I thought that they had to score directly off the pass? If it's changed to what you say, where a player can dribble around with it and then score, that is BS.

The test is whether the pass "led directly to the score". It's up to the judgment of the scorer, so what is an assist in one game might not be in another game. Twenty seconds is an exaggeration, but I've seen guys take a pass out near the FT line, dribble with their back to the basket, then put on a little shake-n-bake, curl around their defender and dribble again while taking it to the rim. And THAT gets scored as an assist. The continuation rule is ridiculous because of how it gets interpreted on any given play - but the way they score assists makes that look totally reasonable. The good news is that most assists are still the kind we're used to.

will_spurs
03-08-2017, 08:13 AM
Quotes I love from the Blazers-Thunderefs game:

After he missed (a wide-open 3 in a one-point game with 44 seconds left), the Portland Trail Blazers called timeout, and Westbrook smacked his hands together and clenched his fists."Yeah, just missed 'em," he said. "Made 'em all game, missed that one. But ... it's all right."

"Those are definitely shots I'll live with because I'll make them nine out of 10; just happen to miss that one."

In the final 90 seconds, he had three consecutive misses -- two clean midrange jumpers and the open 3 -- and then misfired on a potential game-tying 3 with 15 seconds left from somewhere around 28 feet.

But but but I make *all* the time! :lol

The trade deadline supposedly procured more depth and weaponry for Westbrook to utilize, but the integration process has been rocky.

- I have to stat pad because there's no help.
- Ok, here's help.
- Hmm no thanks it's *my* ball!

Thomas82
03-08-2017, 08:41 AM
I read last weekend on social media about how some people would still take Kyrie Irving over Kawhi in a 2011 redraft. I wonder what those fools think now. :claw:lmao:lmao

UNT Eagles 2016
03-08-2017, 09:09 AM
He crashes offensive boats so hard to stat pad, he constantly leaves his teammates scrambling to get back on D.

that too.

UNT Eagles 2016
03-08-2017, 09:10 AM
I read last weekend on social media about how some people would still take Kyrie Irving over Kawhi in a 2011 redraft. I wonder what those fools think now. :claw:lmao:lmao
granted, that's a tough one, Kyrie made arguably the single most clutch NBA shot since the turn of the century.

emanueldavidginobili
03-08-2017, 08:35 PM
After this game tonight Spurs are playing on National Television for the next 4 games. Time for Kawhi to showcase some more.

loveforthegame
03-08-2017, 08:43 PM
During the Kings pregame show Jerry Reynolds said Kawhi gets his vote for MVP. Kings insider James Ham agreed with him. They did a twitter vote and Leonard led the vote.

Saying all that they feel he'll get overlooked because of the group think mentality.

UNT Eagles 2016
03-08-2017, 09:31 PM
After this game tonight Spurs are playing on National Television for the next 4 games. Time for Kawhi to showcase some more.

tonight, no kawhi... we're getting ground into mince meat at home by a cellar dweller. MVP

PopTheGOAT
03-08-2017, 09:44 PM
granted, that's a tough one, Kyrie made arguably the single most clutch NBA shot since the turn of the century.
It's not tough at all lmao. Swap Kawhi with Kyrie last Finals (in a vacuum) and the Cavs win easily. It wouldn't even come down to the final shot or game 7 for that matter

UNT Eagles 2016
03-08-2017, 09:59 PM
It's not tough at all lmao. Swap Kawhi with Kyrie last Finals (in a vacuum) and the Cavs win easily. It wouldn't even come down to the final shot or game 7 for that matter
Idk how Lebron and Kawhi would mesh though, they play the same position and have somewhat similar games so you'd probably have to bring Kawhi off the bench, it'd sure help them both energy wise but it's hard to play both together so you'd likely be rolling without Leonard at the end and next to nothing from the PG position. Not sure the Cavs wouldn't be worse tbh. Now the Warriors with Kawhi instead of Barnes? That's a no brainer.

Benoit
03-08-2017, 10:55 PM
Spurs are 5-1 without Kawhi hahahaha

no way he can be MVP

PopTheGOAT
03-08-2017, 10:57 PM
Spurs are 5-1 without Kawhi hahahaha

no way he can be MVP
Lol if he doesn't they'll just give him det 3rd straight DPOY award faggot

SuperCam
03-10-2017, 08:44 AM
http://deadspin.com/oh-will-you-shut-up-about-defense-already-1793108892

GSH
03-10-2017, 10:52 AM
How can Kawhi NOT be in the lead in the MVP race? Maybe interviews like this? :lol http://www.gq.com/story/real-life-diet-kawhi-leonard

GQ: So what is your usual go-to meal when you land in a new city?
Kawhi: I just try to stay away from beef and pork. I’ll try to get something like grilled chicken or fish. Something like that with some vegetables.

FkLA asked why Kawhi wasn't sitting behind the bench the other night (Kings), and I joked that he was doing a shoot with GQ. The next day this interview comes out? Coincidence? :lol

Anyone know why Kawhi isnt sitting behind the bench alongside LMA?

He's doing a GQ cover shoot on his day off.

dabom
03-10-2017, 10:57 AM
How can Kawhi NOT be in the lead in the MVP race? Maybe interviews like this? :lol http://www.gq.com/story/real-life-diet-kawhi-leonard

GQ: So what is your usual go-to meal when you land in a new city?
Kawhi: I just try to stay away from beef and pork. I’ll try to get something like grilled chicken or fish. Something like that with some vegetables.

FkLA asked why Kawhi wasn't sitting behind the bench the other night (Kings), and I joked that he was doing a shoot with GQ. The next day this interview comes out? Coincidence? :lol

The guuds. :lol