PDA

View Full Version : Stephen A. Smith final thoughts

jermaine
03-07-2017, 05:10 PM
Did anyone see his final thoughts on Kawhi? He sounds like a fan but of course he has to throw shade! Alvin Gentry he said mentioned Kawhi an Jordan in the same sentence... I don't know how to post videos, so I couldn't. But can someone find it an post it please?

jermaine
03-07-2017, 05:19 PM
An Sportsnation is having a Kawhi for MVP show right now..... LOL

spurraider21
03-07-2017, 11:33 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpdGkAz6onI

this guys retarded. just listen to 0:48...

"did you know that while kawhi averaged over 48% shooting over the last 2 regular seasons, that number dipped to just over 36% in the postseason"

what the fuck is this guy smoking? he's not even right if he was messed up and tried citing his playoff 3pt%

https://i.gyazo.com/d2bf0f0dabee7563708be0c23cfc5f3b.png

FkLA
03-07-2017, 11:38 PM

this guys retarded. just listen to 0:48...

"did you know that while kawhi averaged over 48% shooting over the last 2 regular seasons, that number dipped to just over 36% in the postseason"

what the fuck is this guy smoking? he's not even right if he was messed up and tried citing his playoff 3pt%

https://i.gyazo.com/d2bf0f0dabee7563708be0c23cfc5f3b.png

Jesus what a fucking idiot. He must've been thinking of his beloved Kirby whom he and others had no problem comparing to MJ even though efficiency wise he didn't measure up.

GSH
03-07-2017, 11:43 PM
Jesus what a fucking idiot. He must've been thinking of his beloved Kirby whom he and others had no problem comparing to MJ even though efficiency wise he didn't measure up.

WTF? Doesn't anyone do a reality check before they say shit on the air? 36%... seriously? I wouldn't be shocked if Westbrook shot than kind of percentage. But Kawhi? To get to be a national commentator, shouldn't you be required to at least watch some games? I don't care if he has a stupid fucking opinion on something - but damn, you can always get the facts right with a few seconds of looking.

bigfan
03-07-2017, 11:43 PM
My final thoughts on that PoS are I can't stand him and wish him gone.

Mr. Body
03-07-2017, 11:44 PM
SAS is s piece of shit and ESPN is a piece of shit for employing him.

FuzzyLumpkins
03-08-2017, 12:08 AM
SAS is s piece of shit and ESPN is a piece of shit for employing him.

cd98
03-08-2017, 12:17 AM
Wait, didn't Kawhi win a title and a finals MVP? So why is he intimating that his game dips in the playoffs?

UZER
03-08-2017, 12:29 AM
Like I said, when it's not someone they want to win, they find random stats that diminish what the players doing and show them over and over. When it's someone they like, they ignore all the stats that blatantly show the their guy is not as good as being made out to be, and pump the stats help their cause.

BD24
03-08-2017, 12:32 AM
Typical sceaming a smith.

Atl Spur
03-08-2017, 12:40 AM
Wow!!! Let's not let the facts get in the way SAS!!!

03-08-2017, 12:47 AM
Aside from the FG% error, he wasn't wrong at all. Mentioning Kawhi in the same breath as Jordan offensively is asinine. Even if Kawhi goes off in the playoffs it's still way too soon.

Down Under
03-08-2017, 12:53 AM
Smith was going on the other day about what a great appointment Magic was as GM. Gentry wasn't saying in anyway that Kawhi was as good as MJ, just that he was similar in that he played both ends and had some similar mid range and post moves.

lefty20
03-08-2017, 01:04 AM
Pretty sure one doesn't need to fact check before spewing shit on air anymore. Accountability is a thing of past, now you just say whatever you wish to be true.

BillMc
03-08-2017, 01:06 AM
Alas, I wish these were the final thoughts of SAS. Sadly, he'll continue to spout nonsense (very loudly) another day.

BatManu20
03-08-2017, 01:06 AM
Screamin' A. Smith is such a blowhard. Can't stand that dude. And straight up lying like that in the video lol. Dumbass needs to factcheck before going on national television and slandering a player with lies like that.

BatManu20
03-08-2017, 01:07 AM
Scott Van Pelt just did a great bit on a Kawhi in his closing thoughts. Will post once I find it.

Chews
03-08-2017, 01:09 AM
Smith was going on the other day about what a great appointment Magic was as GM. Gentry wasn't saying in anyway that Kawhi was as good as MJ, just that he was similar in that he played both ends and had some similar mid range and post moves.

Media talking heads get defensive when you talk about their darlings

spurraider21
03-08-2017, 01:11 AM
Scott Van Pelt just did a great bit on a Kawhi in his closing thoughts. Will post once I find it.sup batmanu

marc gasol deserved DPOY that year tbh

:lol

Mister Sinister
03-08-2017, 01:35 AM
Eh, fuck 'em.

Chillen
03-08-2017, 01:45 AM

Blah, blah at the know it all types of people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B139DZTVFM4

BillMc
03-08-2017, 01:50 AM
Speaking truthfully, its faux outrage designed to allow him to make a reaction like this Final Take and generate attention for the show like we're all doing now. What SAS really thinks we'll never know (or care).

He probably knows what Gentry meant. But he just wants to go to the stoning because Gentry said this meal was good enough for Jehovah.

They days of real sports journalism, where the person handling the topic strove for a fair and unbiased account, strove in fact to be a real journalist, have been replaced by media blowhards like SAS who know the new game is to be as loud and calculated for controversy as possible.

Fireball
03-08-2017, 01:58 AM
I saw the thread title and hoped SAS died after the show ...

will_spurs
03-08-2017, 02:55 AM
Aside from the FG% error, he wasn't wrong at all. Mentioning Kawhi in the same breath as Jordan offensively is asinine. Even if Kawhi goes off in the playoffs it's still way too soon.

I'll still take Gentry's opinion over SAS's any day of the week.

cd98
03-08-2017, 06:29 AM
So it's wrong for people to compare Kawhi to Jordan, but it's okay to compare Westbrook to Oscar Robinson? So early in Jordan's career you weren't allowed to compare him to Dr. J? Because clearly they did. Kawhi hasn't done what Jordan did in this league, but he's had enough high end performances that it's not SAS level of complaining. Kawhi has won more at this point in his career than Jordan had at the same age.

coachmac87
03-08-2017, 10:10 AM
It's crazy how most of the MSM are acting like Kawhi wasn't 2nd in MVP voting last year...and he's having a better year THIS year...

But hey he's #4 on SAS list

cd98
03-08-2017, 10:21 AM
What's even more funny is they are all saying Kawhi has to prove his an MVP this weak against GSW, Cavs, Thunder. So why doesn't Westbrook and Harden have to do the same? Why do they get a free pass for having teams with lower records? It's like why do they hire dumb people to put forth stupid opinions?

coachmac87
03-08-2017, 10:29 AM
What's even more funny is they are all saying Kawhi has to prove his an MVP this weak against GSW, Cavs, Thunder. So why doesn't Westbrook and Harden have to do the same? Why do they get a free pass for having teams with lower records? It's like why do they hire dumb people to put forth stupid opinions?

I listened to TrueHoop podcast yesterday and Windhorst/Tom Hanerstrough both have Kawhi #1

TheGreatYacht
03-08-2017, 10:57 AM
Aside from the FG% error, he was 100% spot on tbh

UZER
03-08-2017, 11:09 AM

It's pulled out of the ass qualifiers because it's not someone they want to promote / win.

Mark Celibate
03-08-2017, 11:12 AM
Aside from the FG% error, he was 100% spot on tbh

:wow

Woope-de-freaking doo. These "analysts" on TV do one of two things which is why I never watch.

1) Pull stuff straight from their buttcheeks without doing the HW (as evidenced here in the video)

2) They pick out easy arguments and then just beat you over the head with the obvious (also evidenced in the video)

Do we really need to sit here and hear about how Kawhi Leonard is not as accomplished as MJ? Does it take a rocket scientist to figure that out? That's what these guys do. They just take quotes either out of context or that were said in the heat of the moment and do the easy work of picking apart a terrible argument.

I'm sure nobody on Earth thinks that Kawhi Leonard is as good as MJ, but thanks Stephen A. for that "analysis" anyway.

SpursforSix
03-08-2017, 11:17 AM
:wow

Woope-de-freaking doo. These "analysts" on TV do one of two things which is why I never watch.

1) Pull stuff straight from their buttcheeks without doing the HW (as evidenced here in the video)

2) They pick out easy arguments and then just beat you over the head with the obvious (also evidenced in the video)

Do we really need to sit here and hear about how Kawhi Leonard is not as accomplished as MJ? Does it take a rocket scientist to figure that out? That's what these guys do. They just take quotes either out of context or that were said in the heat of the moment and do the easy work of picking apart a terrible argument.

I'm sure nobody on Earth thinks that Kawhi Leonard is as good as MJ, but thanks Stephen A. for that "analysis" anyway.

Yeah...and he was implying that Alvin Gentry was making that kind of comparison. When in fact Gentry said:

“You don’t want to say Michael Jordan,” New Orleans coach Alvin Gentry said, “but it is that type of situation where you have a really, really good offensive player and a tremendous defensive player.

“He definitely has to be heavily in the conversation for MVP.”

$pursDynasty
03-08-2017, 11:22 AM
Straw man argument just like Celibate and Spursfor6 stated. Just wanted to be on record saying something anti-Kiwi and since Kiwi's game has very few holes in it, he just jumped the Jordan shark. The folks who just read headlines will go Stephen A took on Kiwi in his final take and said pump the brakes...When really all he was saying is pump the brakes Kiwi didn't discover penicillin (or something equivalent to that) but all people will take from that is S.A.Smith said pump the brakes on Kiwi.

jermaine
03-08-2017, 11:49 AM
I honestly think he's a fan an giving Kawhi props an recognition in his own way... He's SAS, he has to be a dickhead..

spurraider21
03-08-2017, 12:06 PM

GSH
03-08-2017, 12:07 PM
Aside from the FG% error, he wasn't wrong at all.

Seriously? That's what you're going with? "Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the play?" His one big smack-down "fact-based" challenge was painfully, stupidly wrong. If it had been right, it would be "proof". But since it's wrong, we'll just sort of ignore it?

The fact is, Kawhi has consistently stepped UP his game in the playoffs. His career FG% in the playoffs is 51%, and the WORST he has ever shot in a post-season is 49%. Hell, his career 3P% in the post-season is .420, and the worst he's ever shot fucking 3-pointers in the playoffs is 39%, which is higher than Smith said his overall FG% fell to.

You don't think Kawhi should be "mentioned in the same breath" as MJ? Fine. But dammit I get tired of people just making up shit, or accepting someone else's made up shit, as long as it supports their opinions. If you have to do that - maybe your opinion isn't so good.

Spur|n|Austin
03-08-2017, 12:15 PM
Alas, I wish these were the final thoughts of SAS. Sadly, he'll continue to spout nonsense (very loudly) another day.

Touchè

will_spurs
03-08-2017, 12:24 PM
He's just there to create controversy, not give basketball analysis... and he does that very well.

DMC
03-08-2017, 01:48 PM
He says those things so people will talk about it, like we are. The truth is so overrated.

Xevious
03-08-2017, 03:11 PM

This shit is still cracking me up. :lol

Blake
03-08-2017, 03:20 PM
Has anyone tweeted him his error

FkLA
03-08-2017, 03:26 PM
He says those things so people will talk about it, like we are. The truth is so overrated.

Offense: Klaynus or Kawhi?

TheDoctor
03-08-2017, 04:58 PM

HAHAHAHA that Twitter feed :lol

Chillen
03-08-2017, 05:28 PM
Well I think Leonard is very comparable to Jordan like Kobe and LeBron but really all these players are different. There will never be another Jordan just a player way better than him one day, hasn't happened yet. These playoffs for Kawhi will speak volumes about his game and leadership, no doubt he should be the favorite to win MVP this year despite Statsbrook playing great for OKC. I am sure players like Leonard, LeBron and Kobe want to be better than Jordan but still let them build their own legacy. Jordan was the GOAT!

DMC
03-08-2017, 05:48 PM
Offense: Klaynus or Kawhi?

When Kawhi scores 37 in a quarter, hit me up.

FkLA
03-08-2017, 05:52 PM
When Kawhi scores 37 in a quarter, hit me up.

:lmao :lmao

DMC
03-08-2017, 06:02 PM
:lmao :lmao

You might remind your grandkids to keep checking. I don't think he's going to do it in this career.

FkLA
03-08-2017, 07:04 PM
You might remind your grandkids to keep checking. I don't think he's going to do it in this career.

Hopefully yours don't turn out as stupid as you.

DMC
03-08-2017, 07:09 PM
Hopefully yours don't turn out as stupid as you.

They'll be on this side of the wall. FYI

FkLA
03-08-2017, 08:27 PM
They'll be on this side of the wall. FYI

Well, thar doesn't guarantee them anything. You've proven that it's possible to be on this side and be stupid.