PDA

View Full Version : Thunder: Westbrick just scored 58 points....... and lost at home.

UNT Eagles 2016
03-07-2017, 10:47 PM
The ultimate antithesis of an MVP performance. The Thunderefs are now 35-29, a measly 6 games over .500.

Tonight is the official ending point of Westy's 2017 MVP candidacy. That leaves Kawhi, Harden, and a handful of guys on stacked teams that cannibalize each other. It's essentially down to Kawhi and Harden... and we saw what happened last night.

So who is MVP??

Fabbs
03-07-2017, 10:55 PM
Are you a sports writer with oatmeal for brains that has an MVP vote?

Westbrook has not been eliminated.

UNT Eagles 2016
03-07-2017, 10:56 PM

:lmao Thanks for making me hungry.

spursistan
03-07-2017, 11:00 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C6XfsV2U0AASX9K.jpg

Kyle Orton
03-07-2017, 11:03 PM
Damn only 3 boards, must've decided to save the energy to score instead of stealing teammate's rebounds tbh

TDMVPDPOY
03-07-2017, 11:46 PM
either he pads his scoring first then starts chasing other stats, or vice versa...a fkn scrub none the less...

ppl give shit kawhi for having no play making skills, so why don't these other candidates defend the best player or kawhi on the floor? fkn wankers

Mikeanaro
03-07-2017, 11:47 PM

I say he is out of the competition, of course any asshole sports writer can vote him.
Westbrook highlight of the year would have been ASG MVP but they fucked him to make A-Davis shine.

TDMVPDPOY
03-08-2017, 12:10 AM
lol steven adams on 1fga
lol Gibson 1/2 fg

faggot running up the score against a no defense team blazers...

Cry Havoc
03-08-2017, 02:31 AM
Inb4 "Westbrook has no help of course he's going to shoot" discounting the fact that Westbrook had two top 10 teammates on his team and still shot the ball more than anyone else.

He's the definition of a cancer. A me-first player who throws a tantrum and has absolutely no interest in involving his teammates in the game.

lefty20
03-08-2017, 05:58 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C6XfsV2U0AASX9K.jpg

8% battery... I practically start panicking once I go below 40%. What kinda savage lets it got down to 8%?

TDMVPDPOY
03-08-2017, 06:22 AM
padding his pts, cause he knows he aint scoring shit against the spurs

Joseph Kony
03-08-2017, 09:48 AM
no one even took more than 10 shots :lmao

people acting like Russ has a complete trash team around him. He lacks three point shooters but he has a solid set of bigs, shameful he is taking 39 shots while Dipo/Kanter/Adams combined for 18...this is the MVP? LMAO

TDMVPDPOY
03-08-2017, 10:25 AM
he basically ran off Durant with his hero ball

now he has hero ball all to himself, yet he doesn't get any blame for t he way he plays...I doubt okc is going to attract anyone to come play with him...theres also a chance of him leaving also in the future if t hey aren't winning shit

Strategic
03-08-2017, 10:46 AM
I watched a little of the game. WB would bring ball down and not run any offense 5 and 6 times in a row. Just put up any shot he could. It's no wonder his team mates have quit playing defense. If you get a rebound hand it to Russ. Get out of the way. Donovan with no balls or stroke. Wouldn't be surprised if some of the team is giving him the business.

lebomb
03-08-2017, 11:41 AM
Yeah, trying to replicate Kome will not work. I realize his only offensive help is Oladipo, but he does need to try and spread it around more.

DMC
03-08-2017, 07:05 PM
Westbrook took more shots than all those other players combined (in that phone image up there).

He has a good shooting night and he's a beast, just like Kobe. He continues to chuck though, and his beasting on offense usually means his team looks like shit, they lose or squeak by for a win and it looks to the untrained eye that Russell is the only reason they were even in the game. Then you see a team of scrubs in SA beat the Warriors at home and scare the living shit out of the Heat at home, with no heroes.

Clipper Nation
03-08-2017, 08:26 PM
How is this the end of Westbrook's MVP candidacy? Between his own 58 points and his 9 assists, Westbrook created about 80 points for his team in just 36 minutes. The fact that OKC still couldn't win is a testament to how atrocious Westbrook's supporting cast is. And despite how bad their roster is, they're still a playoff team in the West thanks entirely to Russ. He still belongs in the MVP talks. It's James Frauden who truly doesn't belong.

TDMVPDPOY
03-08-2017, 08:36 PM
for the last couple of seasons wb and kd always hated the media, now wb needs them more then they need him...lol beggin for an mvp...

03-08-2017, 08:57 PM
How is this the end of Westbrook's MVP candidacy? Between his own 58 points and his 9 assists, Westbrook created about 80 points for his team in just 36 minutes. The fact that OKC still couldn't win is a testament to how atrocious Westbrook's supporting cast is. And despite how bad their roster is, they're still a playoff team in the West thanks entirely to Russ. He still belongs in the MVP talks.

03-08-2017, 09:10 PM
Westbrook won't win it due to seeding, IE Kobe, but he's still in the running..only 3 back of the 5th seed .Harden is still the front runner due to his team overachieving and putting big numbers. I think IT should be in the conversation as well. 5'9, averaging 30 ppg, huge 4th Qs and carrying his team to 2nd seed.

Kawhi is of course creeping into the favorite discussion but I don't think he's the MVP yet. I don't think the Spurs getting the 1seed should automatically make him the MVP, seeing as it's clearly because KD is injured. His advantage over the other guys is, while his numbers aren't as big, he's had big statement games against GS, CLE, HOU, etc with more opportunities to close out the season (2 GS, 1 CLE). D Rose for example didn't have the best season in 2011 but he had some huge games in the second half that won over the media.

1. Harden
2. Kawhi
3. LeBron (he came into the season with the MVP narrative, with Love out, he can still make a run if Harden and Kawhi choke)
4. IT
5. Westbrook

UNT Eagles 2016
03-08-2017, 09:43 PM
Westbrook won't win it due to seeding, IE Kobe, but he's still in the running..only 3 back of the 5th seed .Harden is still the front runner due to his team overachieving and putting big numbers. I think IT should be in the conversation as well. 5'9, averaging 30 ppg, huge 4th Qs and carrying his team to 2nd seed.

Kawhi is of course creeping into the favorite discussion but I don't think he's the MVP yet. I don't think the Spurs getting the 1seed should automatically make him the MVP, seeing as it's clearly because KD is injured. His advantage over the other guys is, while his numbers aren't as big, he's had big statement games against GS, CLE, HOU, etc with more opportunities to close out the season (2 GS, 1 CLE). D Rose for example didn't have the best season in 2011 but he had some huge games in the second half that won over the media.

1. Harden
2. Kawhi
3. LeBron (he came into the season with the MVP narrative, with Love out, he can still make a run if Harden and Kawhi choke)
4. IT
5. Westbrook
Perhaps this IT can be better than the one on the Pistons in the '80s. Who knows

DMC
03-08-2017, 11:43 PM
How is this the end of Westbrook's MVP candidacy? Between his own 58 points and his 9 assists, Westbrook created about 80 points for his team in just 36 minutes. The fact that OKC still couldn't win is a testament to how atrocious Westbrook's supporting cast is. And despite how bad their roster is, they're still a playoff team in the West thanks entirely to Russ. He still belongs in the MVP talks. It's James Frauden who truly doesn't belong.

Bullshit.

The rest of the team is why they are in the discussions unless you think RW defends every position and can outscore the other team single handed.