PDA

View Full Version : Danny Green, your offense was so despicable, then you go and..

Spur|n|Austin
03-08-2017, 11:05 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/PJLHNaEpmeqUU/giphy.gif

Hitting that first three practically off one foot really got him going! Thank god for his defense or ST would be demanding his head on a stick lately.

K...
03-08-2017, 11:09 PM
Yeah thats nice. SPAM ing it up on schedule

Chinook
03-08-2017, 11:11 PM
It's only redemption if the dude starts a hot streak. With GS coming up, it would be a great time for it, too, as he D should force Pop to play him big minutes.

Mikeanaro
03-08-2017, 11:11 PM
Still his cons outweigh his pros.

Spur|n|Austin
03-08-2017, 11:15 PM
It's only redemption if the dude starts a hot streak. With GS coming up, it would be a great time for it, too, as he D should force Pop to play him big minutes.

I'm almost at a point where I'm ready to accept that the importance of his D outweighs his Houdini shot.

When it falls in at the end like this, that's just a bonus. Though all things considered, the start of a hot streak would be a bonus to the season.

Ditty
03-08-2017, 11:17 PM
"Danny Green is now the ONLY player in the NBA to have 100+ threes and 40+ blocks in each of the last six straight seasons."

TXstbobcat
03-08-2017, 11:19 PM
I'm almost at a point where I'm ready to accept that the importance of his D outweighs his Houdini shot.

When it falls in at the end like this, that's just a bonus. Though all things considered, the start of a hot streak would be a bonus to the season.

just to see verde make some 3's was great tonight. That would be huge if it is the start of a massive hit streak. Hope it continues at OKC and against GS on Saterday. :toast

Solid D
03-08-2017, 11:21 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/PJLHNaEpmeqUU/giphy.gif

Haha, my sentiments exactly. Danny was a deplorable until...

Robz4000
Too bad he killed Fathead.

Play Boban
He scored 14 points on 13 shots. That's not even very good. :lol

Spur|n|Austin
03-08-2017, 11:27 PM
He scored 14 points on 13 shots. That's not even very good. :lol

lol missing the point.

Boban was .500 tonight, that's actually pretty awesome. Too bad it was only on 2 shots :(

On the bright side, he is 5-8 over the last month and 8 days :)

ElNono
03-08-2017, 11:40 PM
there was no ways to describe how awful he was until he hit that first 3... :lol

Chinook
03-08-2017, 11:43 PM
there was no ways to describe how awful he was until he hit that first 3... :lol

It was like RJ's whole Spurs career, but in one game. Just sucking the life out of the team.

FkLA
03-08-2017, 11:50 PM
It was like RJ's whole Spurs career, but in one game. Just sucking the life out of the team.

Nah man it was worse. His first 4th Qtr stint may have been the worst 6-minute stretch I have ever seen from any player ever. Terrible doesn't even begin to describe how bad he was.

Play Boban
03-09-2017, 12:08 AM
Nah man it was worse. His first 4th Qtr stint may have been the worst 6-minute stretch I have ever seen from any player ever. Terrible doesn't even begin to describe how bad he was.
Porker is infecting the team with his disease.

BatManu20
03-09-2017, 12:26 AM

tholdren
03-09-2017, 01:46 PM
"Danny Green is now the ONLY player in the NBA to have 100+ threes and 40+ blocks in each of the last six straight seasons."

do not care. his d is overrated. much like splitter and the reason it is overrated is be because there is literally not another perimeter defender other than kl in the league. maybe LeBron

Chinook
03-09-2017, 01:49 PM
tholdren is way off-base here, Green's plus-minus numbers show exactly how elite he is. It's so sad that some fans can't see that.

HarlemHeat37
03-09-2017, 02:14 PM
I'm the biggest Green homer here other than Chinook, but I wish Pop would immediately bench him every time he passes up an open 3 for a drive or mid-range J, tbh..

I understand wanting to drive for an easier look after you just missed 2 consecutive 3s, but it should really be eliminated from his repertoire..a semi-contested 3 from Green is better than a drive, obviously..Pop used to explode on him whenever he would pass up an a decent look at a 3, but I guess he's too old to scream at the players like he used to:lol

LaMarcus Bryant
03-09-2017, 02:40 PM
That's why he's our LDN.

CGD
03-09-2017, 02:52 PM
I'm the biggest Green homer here other than Chinook, but I wish Pop would immediately bench him every time he passes up an open 3 for a drive or mid-range J, tbh..

I understand wanting to drive for an easier look after you just missed 2 consecutive 3s, but it should really be eliminated from his repertoire..a semi-contested 3 from Green is better than a drive, obviously..Pop used to explode on him whenever he would pass up an a decent look at a 3, but I guess he's too old to scream at the players like he used to:lol

This is where I'm at. It's one thing when there is a good close out, but dude should not go out of his way to drive otherwise. Stay in your lane Danny!

Proxy
03-09-2017, 03:00 PM
On Pop not yelling at him much anymore... wonder if he realized it was bad for DG's psyche. Everyone plays better with more confidence, but it's really apparent with players like Manu and DG. Maybe Pop feels like he has to baby him instead of giving him the TP treatment. Kinda like how he coddles LMA.

Chinook
03-09-2017, 03:03 PM
Yeah, I'm doubting that it took Pop all these years to learn that. He tore into Green during the Wolves game. One of the benefits of nosebleeds is that you see everything at once. Anyway, he was going at him during the second TO probably right as it was going to break. If he does it less, it's probably because either Green is making fewer mistakes or Pop has learned to live with them. After all, numerically, Danny's gambles pay off at a high rate, so you really can't hate the relatively few times they don't work out unless you want to be a huge hypocrite.

r0drig0lac
03-09-2017, 03:10 PM
It was really a weird game.

RD2191
03-09-2017, 03:16 PM
Against a shit team, also one game. Let's wait and see what he does in these upcoming games before we start blowing him.

tholdren
03-09-2017, 03:28 PM
tholdren is way off-base here, Green's plus-minus numbers show exactly how elite he is. It's so sad that some fans can't see that.

this was a great post on several accounts. 1 you believe in plus minus but you are trying to be witty. 2 It almost looks like you are trying to pretend plus minus is not relevant. clever cover up

Chinook
03-09-2017, 03:33 PM
this was a great post on several accounts. 1 you believe in plus minus but you are trying to be witty. 2 It almost looks like you are trying to pretend plus minus is not relevant. clever cover up

Oh, so you're done with that shtick, eh? Shame. :depressed

tholdren
03-09-2017, 03:37 PM
Oh, so you're done with that shtick, eh? Shame. :depressed

what? I'm actually baffled by your response. the sarcasm went way above me. it usually takes you 10 posts to talk yourself in a circle. here you did it in one

Chinook
03-09-2017, 03:48 PM
what? I'm actually baffled by your response. the sarcasm went way above me. it usually takes you 10 posts to talk yourself in a circle. here you did it in one

I mean, I guess I'm happy for you in a humanistic sort of way that you got over your trigger. But I can't say that it wasn't fun.

NameLess Scrub
03-09-2017, 03:50 PM
Too bad he killed Fathead.

Is this a southpark episode? :lol

Anyway, I think he was just pushing himself thinking he could get something going against a bad team.

I didn't watch the entire game, but in the time I watched it was turning into a pick up-ish game full of spontaneous stuff and chucking.

xellos88330
03-09-2017, 04:01 PM
I love Danny Green and hate Danny Green. I love him on defense. I hate him on offense. I have been looking for him to learn how to drive the ball and finish or even a simple one dribble pull up. He has still somehow, not figured it out. His defense though is still on point. I just wish his offensive contribution wasn't limited to the 3 point line and was more consistent and less cringe worthy.

tholdren
03-09-2017, 04:07 PM
I mean, I guess I'm happy for you in a humanistic sort of way that you got over your trigger. But I can't say that it wasn't fun.

after more reflection you may find that the fun you had may have simply been your response to your trigger

Old School 44
03-09-2017, 06:12 PM
There was a recent quote by Danny, I believe after the Rocket game, complimenting Kawhi becoming a superstar. Danny commented how he's seen him grow over the years, his work ethic and how every year Kawhi improves and brings something new. I can't help but wonder, why Danny can't learn from his own observations of Kawhi. Why he is stuck at 3 and D, and sometimes just D no 3. Makes me wonder, don't YOU work on your game like Leonard? Not saying he can turn into another KL, but show us something.

TheGreatYacht
03-09-2017, 10:09 PM
You know you're a shit player when you finally hit open shots and you have dudes kissing your feet because you did your job for once :lol

1 good game requires a thread
3 months of shit play and you get crickets

03-09-2017, 10:18 PM
edit: wrong thread lol