PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland

benefactor
03-09-2017, 03:49 PM
You da real MVP

Silver&Black
03-09-2017, 03:53 PM
Happy Hour starts early at the benefactor household today.

Robz4000
03-09-2017, 03:57 PM
:lmao det trade

monosylab1k
03-09-2017, 03:59 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao what the hell?????

The Browns are without a doubt the most poorly run organization in sports.

Floyd Pacquiao
They paid 16 million for a 2nd round pick. Romo to the Texans now

Chinook
This is the most interesting deal I've seen in the NFL. Truly an NBA-style salary dump. Apparently they are going to want to trade him. I initially thought that was stupid, but they can actually convert his base salary into a bonus to reduce the money another team would take on. That's something they pretty much do in the MLB but have started to do recently in football. If so, this would be soooo crazy and smart for the Browns to use their cap space to buy multiple high picks.

monosylab1k
Can't wait for that epic RG3/Brock training camp competition.

monosylab1k
03-09-2017, 04:02 PM
This is the most interesting deal I've seen in the NFL. Truly an NBA-style salary dump. Apparently they are going to want to trade him. I initially thought that was stupid, but they can actually convert his base salary into a bonus to reduce the money another team would take on. That's something they pretty much do in the MLB but have started to do recently in football. If so, this would be soooo crazy and smart for the Browns to use their cap space to buy multiple high picks.
Yeah, because Cleveland's front office has done so well drafting :lol

JoeTait75
03-09-2017, 04:03 PM
The Browns essentially paid $16 million for a 2nd-round pick. I'm well aware of all the stupid things they've done as an organization but this is not one of them. They've got a metric shit-ton of cap space so why not?

Of course, if they anoint Brock Lobster as the starting QB that'll be a different story.

spurraider21
03-09-2017, 04:04 PM
savvy move by cleveland tbh

Robz4000
03-09-2017, 04:09 PM
Can't wait for that epic RG3/Brock training camp competition.

Wasn't RG3 released already?

benefactor
03-09-2017, 04:11 PM
I'm off today and about to get fucking trashed. Be back later.

monosylab1k
03-09-2017, 04:11 PM
The Browns essentially paid $16 million for a 2nd-round pick. I'm well aware of all the stupid things they've done as an organization but this is not one of them. They've got a metric shit-ton of cap space so why not?

Of course, if they anoint Brock Lobster as the starting QB that'll be a different story.

Cap flexibility is more important than draft picks, and the ability to properly manage that space. The fact that they would even consider taking a salary dump shows they have no clue what they're doing. And paying 16 million for a second round pick is not smart in any way.

monosylab1k
03-09-2017, 04:12 PM
Wasn't RG3 released already?

No clue. Swap RG3 for Cutler in my last post then.

spurraider21
03-09-2017, 04:18 PM
Cap flexibility is more important than draft picks, and the ability to properly manage that space. The fact that they would even consider taking a salary dump shows they have no clue what they're doing. And paying 16 million for a second round pick is not smart in any way.this isn't even a drop in the bucket regarding their flexibility... they came into the offseason with 107 mil in cap space and its not like the high priced free agents are banging down the door to get into cleveland, even for a payday.

the only way cleveland's getting out of this mess is to draft foundation players. if you want to question their drafting ability, yeah that's fair, but also moot. the draft is their only out, whether they're good at it or not

monosylab1k
03-09-2017, 04:20 PM
I don't care what your cap situation is, rule 1 is always "don't pay stupid money to shitty players".

At this point Cleveland might as well let Kevin Costner actually run their team.

spurraider21
03-09-2017, 04:23 PM
I don't care what your cap situation is, rule 1 is always "don't pay stupid money to shitty players".

At this point Cleveland might as well let Kevin Costner actually run their team.they're paying for the draft pick, not the QB... either have the 18 mil do nothing, or have the 18 mil go to a nothing player like brock + get a 2nd round pick. there is no scenario where the browns actually spend all 100+ mil... they'd be leaving money on the table and rolling it over to next year

this is pretty uncommon in the NFL, but salary dump for draft pick happens all the time in the nba. the spurs had to give up a 1st round pick to dump richard jefferson

TXstbobcat
03-09-2017, 04:28 PM
they're paying for the draft pick, not the QB... either have the 18 mil do nothing, or have the 18 mil go to a nothing player like brock + get a 2nd round pick

this is pretty uncommon in the NFL, but salary dump for draft pick happens all the time in the nba. the spurs had to give up a 1st round pick to dump richard jefferson

This trade is a win/win for both teams. Texans get to move on from Brock along with clearing cap space and this gives the Browns a second round pick along with helping them hit the salary cap minimum.

clambake
03-09-2017, 04:30 PM
thats a nice pick.

monosylab1k
03-09-2017, 04:33 PM
they're paying for the draft pick, not the QB... either have the 18 mil do nothing, or have the 18 mil go to a nothing player like brock + get a 2nd round pick. there is no scenario where the browns actually spend all 100+ mil... they'd be leaving money on the table and rolling it over to next year

Well I'll certainly look forward to Cleveland hoisting the Lombardi in 3 years then.

spurraider21
03-09-2017, 04:34 PM
Well I'll certainly look forward to Cleveland hoisting the Lombardi in 3 years then.good deals move the needle, they dont put teams over the top... don't be obtuse.

getting high draft picks gives you more opportunities to pick the franchise up... that's not to say they aren't going to stop drafting busts. but its better to give yourself a chance then to let 18 million sit in the owners pocket as they perpetually roll cap space over to no avail

Mal
03-09-2017, 04:35 PM
If they kick RG3, they`ve like pay 8-10 mil for that pick, because they have to pick up QB for 8-10 mil.

and they need all the young talent they can have

UNT Eagles 2016
03-09-2017, 04:59 PM
Texans lost Bouye, but why? They need to maintain their #1 defense and still get Romo if they want to win the SB.

Trill Clinton
03-09-2017, 05:04 PM
This is actually not bad for Cleveland

benefactor
03-09-2017, 05:05 PM
Texans lost Bouye, but why? They need to maintain their #1 defense and still get Romo if they want to win the SB.
Johnson is just as good. The only reason he got so much playing time is because of the injury. They won't miss a beat.

UNT Eagles 2016
03-09-2017, 05:07 PM
Johnson is just as good. The only reason he got so much playing time is because of the injury. They won't miss a beat.

But it takes more than 1 awesome CB to be the #1 defense... even with 4 star pass rushers and MLB Cushing on the team.

Raven
03-09-2017, 05:12 PM
every time you can get a good pick without losing a player, you do it

Trill Clinton
03-09-2017, 05:34 PM

Of course, if they anoint Brock Lobster as the starting QB that'll be a different story.it looks like y'all finally have a competent front office, fam. im seeing that y'all might give up this years 12th pick and maybe a first next year for garoppolo, though. i don't know how i feel about that. thats a lot for a system qb.

Clipper Nation
03-09-2017, 05:40 PM
:lol Avante
:lol "But, but, it's Assweiler's first season as The Guy! We can't say he sucks yet!" :cry

AaronY
03-09-2017, 05:50 PM
Cap flexibility is more important than draft picks, and the ability to properly manage that space. The fact that they would even consider taking a salary dump shows they have no clue what they're doing. And paying 16 million for a second round pick is not smart in any way.

Yeah thats a shitload of money people really fetishisize draft picks in the nfl

spurraider21
03-09-2017, 05:57 PM
Yeah thats a shitload of money people really fetishisize draft picks in the nflbut where would that 16 mil go otherwise? last year they rolled over 50 mil of cap space...

monosylab1k
03-09-2017, 06:10 PM
Well here's a list of recent Cleveland 1st/2nd round picks

2016: Corey Coleman, Emmanuel Ogbah (too early)
2015: Danny Shelton, Cameron Irving, Nate Orchard (still too early, approaching lolworthiness tho)
2014: Justin Gilbert :lmao, Johnny Manziel :lmao, Joel Bitonio (solid pick)
2013: Barkevious Mingo :lmao
2012: Trent Richardson :lmao, Brandon Weeden :lmao, Mitchell Schwartz (solid pick, naturally left Cleveland ASAP)
2011: Phil Taylor :lmao, Jabaal Sheard (solid pick, naturally they traded him before he got good), Greg Little :lmao

But yeah, spending 16 million for a 2nd round pick is a wise investment :tu

spurraider21
03-09-2017, 06:11 PM
more autistic screeching from mono

https://i.gyazo.com/35edbd97d10dc48bbd07abc7a44f7553.png

monosylab1k
03-09-2017, 06:39 PM
more autistic screeching from mono

https://i.gyazo.com/35edbd97d10dc48bbd07abc7a44f7553.png

:lol

HarlemHeat37
03-09-2017, 06:44 PM

spurraider21
03-09-2017, 07:00 PM
When's the show tbh?

AaronY
03-09-2017, 07:30 PM
Is Osweiler really that horrible they won't even give him a chance to play this year? I mean they're paying him either way

JoeTait75
03-09-2017, 07:38 PM
it looks like y'all finally have a competent front office, fam. im seeing that y'all might give up this years 12th pick and maybe a first next year for garoppolo, though. i don't know how i feel about that. thats a lot for a system qb.

We'll see. A trade like this is only as good as what you ultimately get out of it. A few years ago everyone was talking about how smart the Browns were for getting a 1st-round pick for Trent Richardson, and they ended up turning that pick into Johnny Manziel.

JoeTait75
03-09-2017, 08:14 PM
Well here's a list of recent Cleveland 1st/2nd round picks

2016: Corey Coleman, Emmanuel Ogbah (too early)
2015: Danny Shelton, Cameron Irving, Nate Orchard (still too early, approaching lolworthiness tho)
2014: Justin Gilbert :lmao, Johnny Manziel :lmao, Joel Bitonio (solid pick)
2013: Barkevious Mingo :lmao
2012: Trent Richardson :lmao, Brandon Weeden :lmao, Mitchell Schwartz (solid pick, naturally left Cleveland ASAP)
2011: Phil Taylor :lmao, Jabaal Sheard (solid pick, naturally they traded him before he got good), Greg Little :lmao

But yeah, spending 16 million for a 2nd round pick is a wise investment :tu

Yes, Mono, the Browns have fucked up the draft royally. It's still the only means by which they'll ever become competitive.

None of us have any idea how this trade is going to pan out. One thing I can pretty much guarantee is that what people will remember is what the Browns ultimately get out of that 2nd-round pick. No one is going to remember the $16 million. The money is a nothingburger.

benefactor
03-10-2017, 08:20 AM
But it takes more than 1 awesome CB to be the #1 defense... even with 4 star pass rushers and MLB Cushing on the team.
What? They have three quality corners under contract. Would have been pretty foolish to overpay to keep Bouye because he had one breakout season.

Avante
03-10-2017, 10:54 AM
Who gives a fuck about Cleveland?

If there is one franchise in the NFL where it really is all about.....once upon a time....it's Cleveland. We can talk Otto Graham, Marion Motley, Dante Levelli, Jim Brown, Paul Warfield, Leroy Kelly, Lou "The Toe" Groza, then what?

Mark Celibate
03-12-2017, 09:23 AM
When's the show tbh?

Probably canceled now that Giuseppe has disappeared imho

lately mono has been avoiding questions about it like phyzik avoids AA meetings

Will Hunting
03-12-2017, 09:34 AM
Probably canceled now that Giuseppe has disappeared imho

lately mono has been avoiding questions about it like phyzik avoids AA meetings
Or like mookie avoids the salad bar I saidddddd

unleashbaynes
03-12-2017, 09:55 AM
Or like mookie avoids the salad bar I saidddddd

Or like Avante avoids sexual parters of a legal age

Avante
03-12-2017, 11:39 AM
Or like Avante avoids sexual parters of a legal age

Not a clue what was said that started all this stupidity, huh?

Will Hunting
03-12-2017, 03:16 PM
Not a clue what was said that started all this stupidity, huh?
What was said?

Avante
03-12-2017, 03:22 PM
What was said?

This...

"Many years after my navy days I saw a thing on tv about the sex slavery tying over there. Why weren't we told about that sick shit? Then I got pissed off, I had no idea those ladies were being forced to be there."

There ya go, how that morped into..."you pedo you"....???? We simply have too many immature little punks here. I'm the last guy on earth who could be some sick ass pedo, and it should be real obvious.

monosylab1k
09-10-2017, 06:10 PM
this isn't even a drop in the bucket regarding their flexibility... they came into the offseason with 107 mil in cap space and its not like the high priced free agents are banging down the door to get into cleveland, even for a payday.

the only way cleveland's getting out of this mess is to draft foundation players. if you want to question their drafting ability, yeah that's fair, but also moot. the draft is their only out, whether they're good at it or not

At this point Cleveland might as well let Kevin Costner actually run their team.

Cleveland admitted that taking on the Brock money is what forced them to cut Joe Haden :lmao but tell me about all that magical cap space making the Brock trade harmless.

Chinook
09-11-2017, 10:35 AM
Cleveland admitted that taking on the Brock money is what forced them to cut Joe Haden :lmao but tell me about all that magical cap space making the Brock trade harmless.

Do you really think Cleveland needed $2 Million more in cap space in August? If if they somehow ran out of cap space this year, they could have shunted Brock's hit to next year by converting some of it to a bonus before cutting him (I'm pretty sure the current CBA lets teams do this unilaterally, so it's not like Brock could be a jerk and refuse free money just to screw them over). They cut Haden because they didn't want to pay him, not because they couldn't do it.

monosylab1k
09-11-2017, 04:33 PM
Do you really think Cleveland needed $2 Million more in cap space in August? If if they somehow ran out of cap space this year, they could have shunted Brock's hit to next year by converting some of it to a bonus before cutting him (I'm pretty sure the current CBA lets teams do this unilaterally, so it's not like Brock could be a jerk and refuse free money just to screw them over). They cut Haden because they didn't want to pay him, not because they couldn't do it.

Cleveland cited the Brock trade as why they had to cut Haden. It's created a shitstorm within the team and with their coach. Those are the fucking facts. Get your bullshit outta here. Go read a Star Wars movie novelization or some faggotty shit.

Chinook
09-11-2017, 04:45 PM
Cleveland cited the Brock trade as why they had to cut Haden. It's created a shitstorm within the team and with their coach. Those are the fucking facts. Get your bullshit outta here. Go read a Star Wars movie novelization or some faggotty shit.

Calling reading faggotty but bumped a half-year old thread over some stupid comment to make yourself seem smart. Anyone who's not a fucking idiot knows Cleveland has plenty of money and didn't NEED to cut Haden, Brock or no. But you seem to be just the type of fucktard the Browns were hoping to fool with their illogical comment. So congrats there, I guess.

monosylab1k
09-11-2017, 05:02 PM
Calling reading faggotty but bumped a half-year old thread over some stupid comment to make yourself seem smart. Anyone who's not a fucking idiot knows Cleveland has plenty of money and didn't NEED to cut Haden, Brock or no. But you seem to be just the type of fucktard the Browns were hoping to fool with their illogical comment. So congrats there, I guess.

https://i.warosu.org/data/lit/img/0079/21/1460825181273.jpg

Chinook
09-11-2017, 05:14 PM

Wait, what's the trigger? You can't just use that as a retort to everything you say. It's just weird.

monosylab1k
09-11-2017, 05:20 PM
Wait, what's the trigger? You can't just use that as a retort to everything you say. It's just weird.

UNT Eagles 2016
09-11-2017, 08:10 PM
Browns may no longer be the Drowns. I had them winning 4 games on the year, now I have them winning 5.

spurraider21
09-12-2017, 11:23 AM
Mono: knock knock
Anyone: who's there?
Mono: lol triggered

monosylab1k
09-12-2017, 12:15 PM

Sorry, I've been doing some internal testing of loltriggered.exe v2.0 before installing it into Chris and Chucho.

Chinook
09-12-2017, 12:38 PM

lol triggered, who?

spurraider21
09-12-2017, 01:15 PM
lol triggered, who?

Chucho
09-12-2017, 01:40 PM
Sorry, I've been doing some internal testing of loltriggered.exe v2.0 before installing it into Chris (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=1656) and Chucho (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=20531).

Meh, running thru your mind rent free.

Chucho
09-12-2017, 01:41 PM

A crab walker, tbh.

monosylab1k
09-12-2017, 02:04 PM
Meh, running thru your mind rent free.

rentfree.exe still working fine :tu you're going to really enjoy the efficiency of your next software update, Chucho.

Chucho
09-12-2017, 02:15 PM
rentfree.exe still working fine :tu you're going to really enjoy the efficiency of your next software update, Chucho.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/v8mZc0w2CQ4/hqdefault.jpg

Chucho
09-12-2017, 02:16 PM
tirednlameschtick.exe seems to working just fine. You need the upgrade, Muffy.

Chris
09-12-2017, 02:18 PM
Sorry, I've been doing some internal testing of loltriggered.exe v2.0 before installing it into Chris and Chucho.

sQgd6MccwZc

monosylab1k
09-12-2017, 02:37 PM
http://www.netanimations.net/cats-cod-pb4.gif

spurraider21
09-12-2017, 03:11 PM
Mono pulling a lefty with the "jes trollin"

Avante
09-15-2017, 02:09 AM
Funny how all the great Browns players are from way back when. Only Joe Thomas belongs.

UNT Eagles 2016
09-15-2017, 07:47 PM
Funny how all the great Browns players are from way back when. Only Joe Thomas belongs.

I feel bad for that kind of guy. A good soldier all his career on a rotten team with nary a chance to make the playoffs much less compete for a ring. Trade him to the Seahawks or Giants who could use him badly before he gets too old to play at an elite level.

JoeTait75
09-15-2017, 10:19 PM
I feel bad for that kind of guy. A good soldier all his career on a rotten team with nary a chance to make the playoffs much less compete for a ring. Trade him to the Seahawks or Giants who could use him badly before he gets too old to play at an elite level.

I'm obviously a big JT fan and I'd love to see him play for a winner either here or elsewhere, but nobody put a gun to his head and made him stay here. TJ Ward left, Alex Mack left. JT could've left too, but he chose to stay. It is what it is.

BTW, someone tell Mono that the Browns still have the second-most cap space in the league, behind only the 49ers.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/

If you want to say the Browns were stupid for dumping Joe Haden that's fine. If you say the Browns were stupid for doing this, that or the other thing you'd be right 99 percent of the time. But their decision to move on from Joe Haden had nothing to do with Brock Osweiler. They just didn't want to pay Joe Haden 11 million.

UNT Eagles 2016
09-16-2017, 06:33 AM
I'm obviously a big JT fan and I'd love to see him play for a winner either here or elsewhere, but nobody put a gun to his head and made him stay here. TJ Ward left, Alex Mack left. JT could've left too, but he chose to stay. It is what it is.

BTW, someone tell Mono that the Browns still have the second-most cap space in the league, behind only the 49ers.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/

If you want to say the Browns were stupid for dumping Joe Haden that's fine. If you say the Browns were stupid for doing this, that or the other thing you'd be right 99 percent of the time. But their decision to move on from Joe Haden had nothing to do with Brock Osweiler. They just didn't want to pay Joe Haden 11 million.
Agree, Haden is an average corner. He's been burned many times by average and slightly above average receivers. Not worth that kind of money.

I think the Browns have a fairly complete team this year outside of below average skill positions on both sides of the ball, as well as an inexperienced QB. I think 6 wins and 3rd place ahead of the Bungles. Browns are well above average in the trenches on both sides of the ball, especially if Garrett is healthy.

In a LOT of ways, the Browns this year remind me of the Eagles last year.

Will Hunting
09-16-2017, 03:25 PM

Larry Fitzgerald is another one who people throw a pity party for since he spent his whole career in AZ, as if being the hero of a perennially shitty team where you never get blame for losing but get tons of credit for winning is a difficult situation to be in.

UNT Eagles 2016
09-16-2017, 09:53 PM
Larry Fitzgerald is another one who people throw a pity party for since he spent his whole career in AZ, as if being the hero of a perennially shitty team where you never get blame for losing but get tons of credit for winning is a difficult situation to be in.
huh? If his defense could stop someone in 88 yards in 90 seconds he'd have a ring. Also came fairly close other times. Bad comparison.