PDA

View Full Version : Game Thread: Warriors at Spurs 3/ 11 7:30 CST, 3:30 AM Riga, 10:30 PM Trenque Lauquen

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

BillMc
03-10-2017, 08:45 AM
Wanted to get this up early as there will be plenty to talk about for this game.

:ihit

My only Spurs -Dubs game thread was the season opener.:hat Hoping for a repeat result....

BillMc
03-10-2017, 08:49 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIf493uiZc4

Poor LMA, he's not promo-worthy anymore.

daledondale
03-10-2017, 08:58 AM
:flag:

daledondale
03-10-2017, 08:59 AM

Poor LMA, he's not promo-worthy anymore.3 Warriors and only 1 Spur. Fuck NBA.

MultiTroll
03-10-2017, 09:00 AM
don't want Kwa playing if less then 100%

BillMc
03-10-2017, 09:01 AM
3 Warriors and only 1 Spur. Fuck NBA.
:toast:flag:

BillMc
03-10-2017, 09:04 AM
don't want Kwa playing if less then 100%

He's listed at day-to-day as of now according to ESPN (take that for what it's worth.)

Canyonero
03-10-2017, 09:13 AM
What

BillMc
03-10-2017, 09:15 AM
What
?

BillMc
03-10-2017, 09:17 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUnwZxArW1o

Chinook
03-10-2017, 09:29 AM
That guy doesn't know shit, it seems. He talks about the playoff race in terms of wins as opposed to losses. He straight-up says the bench doesn't matter. The dude's not a hater, but he seems to be giving a majorly superficial analysis.

look_at_g_shred
03-10-2017, 09:44 AM
We know Kawhi is going to show up, but we need other players to help with the scoring load. LMA has to inforce his will on Green. Dedmon needs to hit the boards hard and get us as many second opportunities as possible. Microwave needs to be microwave. Simmons needs to play like an actual NBA player.

NameLess Scrub
03-10-2017, 10:01 AM
I expect another OKC crapfest at this point.

If they show up it will just be a nice surprise.

Spur|n|Austin
03-10-2017, 10:37 AM
I expect another OKC crapfest at this point.

If they show up it will just be a nice surprise.

Nice emo post... Why on earth would you expect a crapfest?

Cliffjumpers are strong this season!

NameLess Scrub
03-10-2017, 11:45 AM
Nice emo post... Why on earth would you expect a crapfest?

Cliffjumpers are strong this season!

:lol

You're right it's emo.
I'm just hating to lose to the likes of Westbrick's team and don't want to get my hopes up.

TXstbobcat
03-10-2017, 12:41 PM

Horse
03-10-2017, 01:36 PM
Well they've been up for big games this season so I think they will be for this one especially coming off a loss.

r0drig0lac
03-10-2017, 01:39 PM
fuck KD

Spurs9
03-10-2017, 01:48 PM
Curry shooting 25% from 3 since KD went down.

HarlemHeat37
03-10-2017, 06:01 PM
Curry shooting 25% from 3 since KD went down.

He's shooting 20% on wide open 3s the past 10 games..crazy..

Darius Bieber
03-10-2017, 06:15 PM
Kawhi out for the game tomorrow after entering Concussion Protocol. 40+ point loss coming up.

03-10-2017, 06:16 PM

Ditty
03-10-2017, 06:17 PM
Kawhi out for the game tomorrow after entering Concussion Protocol. 40+ point loss coming up.

You're being generous, what has got into you Darius?

Robz4000
03-10-2017, 06:20 PM
Kawhi gonna be out a while most likely. Thankfully they've all but locked up the second overall seed so they can start eating people for the next few weeks.

bklynspursfan
03-10-2017, 06:24 PM
There's still a chance the Warriors lose tonight in Minny thus tomorrow not doing much damage if we lose.

In either case, I wouldn't put it past them winning tomorrow with the Warriors on a b2b.

Darius Bieber
03-10-2017, 06:25 PM
Anyone else not gonna be surprised if the Spurs are down 20+ at the end of 1?

Ditty
03-10-2017, 06:28 PM
Anyone else not gonna be surprised if the Spurs are down 20+ at the end of 1?

No, I'm expecting to be down by 21+ at the end of the first quarter :flag:

Robz4000
03-10-2017, 06:28 PM
There's still a chance the Warriors lose tonight in Minny thus tomorrow not doing much damage if we lose.

In either case, I wouldn't put it past them winning tomorrow with the Warriors on a b2b.

The Spurs without Kawhi needed the greatest comeback in NBA history to beat the fucking Kings at home. They aren't beating the Dubs without him.

HarlemHeat37
03-10-2017, 06:29 PM
Warriors forum is the complete opposite of ST, it's a funny contrast, tbh:lol

Most of their posters were predicting a blowout loss tomorrow, with the Spurs dominating wire-to-wire..following the OKC loss, half the fans here have been predicting a blowout loss to the Warriors tomorrow..sports fans, they're so cute with their overreactions to every single game:lol

bklynspursfan
03-10-2017, 06:38 PM
The Spurs without Kawhi needed the greatest comeback in NBA history to beat the fucking Kings at home. They aren't beating the Dubs without him.

Idk.. They're on a b2b and have looked terrible lately on b2b's. We're coming off a loss. If we play the way we did to come back against the Kings, a win honestly would not surprise me

Robz4000
03-10-2017, 06:41 PM
Idk.. They're on a b2b and have looked terrible lately on b2b's. We're coming off a loss. If we play the way we did to come back against the Kings, a win honestly would not surprise me

I agree, the Dubs have looked average without Durant and I can see them.losing to the T'Pups tonight. However, the Spurs often look much worse without Kawhi and the Dubs are gonna be desperate to win to hold on to the #1 seed; Spurs are going to get rolled.

Floyd Pacquiao
03-10-2017, 06:43 PM
Did you guys really expect anything else? Pop is a defeatist and a coward. It was written on the wall.

TheGreatYacht
03-10-2017, 06:45 PM
Who is in charge of putting players in concussion protocol? The league? Seems fishy tbh :lol

bklynspursfan
03-10-2017, 06:46 PM
Did you guys really expect anything else? Pop is a defeatist and a coward. It was written on the wall.

Wtf does Kawhi going through the concussion protocol have to do with Pop? Smh

spursistan
03-10-2017, 06:49 PM
Warriors are the luckiest motherfuckers I have seen in my life :lmao..

They get bailed out the moment you think they have run out of luck..Absolutely disgusting turn of events....

TD 21
03-10-2017, 06:50 PM

They're also due for progression to the mean while the Spurs are due for regression to the mean.

They've been fluking out by constantly winning games where they erase a significant deficit, while also benefitting from rare late game luck. It doesn't matter who it is, eventually that turns.

Considering it's a nationally televised game, it was already more than likely going to be a struggle to break 90. Now, it'll be what it more than likely would have been had it been a nationally televised road game: a struggle to break 80.

bklynspursfan
I agree, the Dubs have looked average without Durant and I can see them.losing to the T'Pups tonight. However, the Spurs often look much worse without Kawhi and the Dubs are gonna be desperate to win to hold on to the #1 seed; Spurs are going to get rolled.

If they lose tonight then yea I could see them winning for sure. (In any case we don't lose anything in the standings) But if they win tonight, idk. I could see an upset happening tomorrow.

My biggest concern would be Klay, Kawhi usually makes him invisible. Anderson ain't slowing him down cause dude is way to slow/weak fighting thru screens. Idk if DG has the same impact on him , and might be on Steph. (Who usually plays like crap in SA)

This isn't last year's warriors. Without Durant and their depth, they just don't look good. If we get LMA like we got in game 1, anythings possible

Spur|n|Austin
Fucking Oladipo

bklynspursfan
03-10-2017, 06:58 PM
They're also due for progression to the mean while the Spurs are due for regression to the mean.

They've been fluking out by constantly winning games where they erase a significant deficit, while also benefitting from rare late game luck. It doesn't matter who it is, eventually that turns.

Considering it's a nationally televised game, it was already more than likely going to be a struggle to break 90. Now, it'll be what it more than likely would have been had it been a nationally televised road game: a struggle to break 80.

Hey, maybe Green/Mills and our other shooters get going. It might be a struggle to score, but our best bet will be to use Pau/LMA/Lee more probably.

Idk man. This team is also due a win where everything clicks and we rain 3's. If GS wasn't playing tonight, I'd probably feel like you. But they've been so bad since KD went out on b2bs that I feel we'll have a shot

SAGirl
03-10-2017, 07:09 PM
Seriously is Kyle playing?
bc if the Kawhi minutes go to Bryn Forbes... man I hope Bryn at least remembers how to shoot...

Hoops Czar
03-10-2017, 07:29 PM
Pop holding out Kawhi to preserve his his GOAT coaching status, tbh. This way when pupil runs circles around the teacher, Pop can blame it on Leonard being out.

TheGreatYacht
03-10-2017, 07:33 PM
Is D-League Danny playing? Spurs are undefeated against the Dubs this year when that scrub sits out

HarlemHeat37
03-10-2017, 07:45 PM
As long as Manu is playing, Spurs always have a chance, tbh..

bklynspursfan
03-10-2017, 07:46 PM
Pop holding out Kawhi to preserve his his GOAT coaching status, tbh. This way when pupil runs circles around the teacher, Pop can blame it on Leonard being out.

Pop isn't holding out Kawhi.... Are you unfamiliar with the concussion protocol?

spurs10
03-10-2017, 08:08 PM
Wanted to get this up early as there will be plenty to talk about for this game.

:ihit

My only Spurs -Dubs game thread was the season opener.:hat Hoping for a repeat result.... Repeat!! :flag:

Canyonero
03-10-2017, 08:11 PM

tbhimhofwiw

Dex
03-10-2017, 08:37 PM
Pop playing 6D ChessWars, Kerr playing Pickup-Stix

r0drig0lac
03-10-2017, 08:38 PM
Wolves came to play tonight

Dex
03-10-2017, 08:39 PM
Fucking Oladipo

Any injury sucks. Hopefully the concussion is not serious and he can shake it off in a week or so.

That being said, at least it wasn't a fractured orbital or some shit. A long term injury like a broken face could bother him and affect the stellar trajectory he has been on for a while.

bklynspursfan
03-10-2017, 08:46 PM
I hope LMA is watching this game. Towns is feasting... LMA should too. It's the perfect opportunity to shine

Hoops Czar
03-10-2017, 08:49 PM
Pop isn't holding out Kawhi.... Are you unfamiliar with the concussion protocol?

I'm familiar with the Spurs and Pop making up excuses to hold players out. If the Spurs doctor's gave you an exclusive examination report regarding Leonard, can you please share it with me? If this were the playoffs, he wouldn't be in concussion protocol.

gambit1990
03-10-2017, 08:52 PM

TheDoctor
03-10-2017, 08:59 PM

I am. Explain please.

SpurPadre
03-10-2017, 09:03 PM
Welp, there goes the 1 seed and Kawhi's chance to show he's the real MVP, tbh.

bklynspursfan
03-10-2017, 09:05 PM
I'm familiar with the Spurs and Pop making up excuses to hold players out. If the Spurs doctor's gave you an exclusive examination report regarding Leonard, can you please share it with me? If this were the playoffs, he wouldn't be in concussion protocol.

Uh, yea he would. It's the team doctor who makes the determination of whether he goes thru the protocol based on his initial testing. Then, the doctor meets with the director of the NBA Concussion program to determine if he's able to play again.

Has absolutely nothing to do with the head coach. If Pop wanted to sit him, he would freaking sit him. It essentially takes Pops head coaching out of the equation cause now he's waiting for the doctors/league officials to clear him.

So your logic and assumptions are incredibly flawed.

bklynspursfan
03-10-2017, 09:05 PM

Warriors are struggling. 1 seed is very much up for grabs

bklynspursfan
03-10-2017, 09:19 PM
I am. Explain please.

Here’s a look at the league’s concussion program as it relates to a player returning to action.

A player in the concussion protocol program can’t return to the floor until the following:

He is without concussion-related symptoms at rest.

He has been evaluated by a physician.

He has successfully completed the NBA return-to-participation exertion protocol.

A team physician has discussed the return-to-participation process and decision with the Director of the NBA concussion program, Dr. Jeffrey Kutcher.

Ultimately, the decision as to when a player will return will be made by the team physician.

Basically it's the doctors who recommending this process for Kawhi. It isn't Pop.. they were checking him and he must've showed some symptoms that prompted them to do this.

http://www.csnne.com/boston-celtics/with-al-horford-out-nba-concussion-protocol-explained

Uriel
03-10-2017, 09:26 PM
We don't have Durant so you don't have Leonard. Now it's even.
:rolleyes

bklynspursfan
03-10-2017, 09:59 PM
Don't be surprised if Kerr sits his guys tomorrow tbh. They need a break, and we're coming for the 1 seed whether they win tomorrow or not. He says he won't sacrifice them for the 1 seed

SpurPadre
03-10-2017, 10:02 PM
Warriors are struggling. 1 seed is very much up for grabs

They still have 3 All Stars while we'll have Zero All Stars tomorrow. Our one All Star is great enough to beat a 4 All Star team but our remaining cast of former All Stars past their prime with Forbes and Anthony...for them to beat the Dubs tomorrow will be a MONUMENTAL regular season upset.

bklynspursfan
03-10-2017, 10:14 PM
They still have 3 All Stars while we'll have Zero All Stars tomorrow. Our one All Star is great enough to beat a 4 All Star team but our remaining cast of former All Stars past their prime with Forbes and Anthony...for them to beat the Dubs tomorrow will be a MONUMENTAL regular season upset.

All stars don't always matter. Wouldn't be monumental considering their schedule. They just haven't looked good lately and they're vulnerable.

SpurPadre
03-10-2017, 10:16 PM
All stars don't always matter. Wouldn't be monumental considering their schedule. They just haven't looked good lately and they're vulnerable.

They are vulnerable...but that goes doubly for us without Kawhi, if we're being realistic.

bklynspursfan
03-10-2017, 10:34 PM
They are vulnerable...but that goes doubly for us without Kawhi, if we're being realistic.

I understand that on paper and from our experience it seems like a loss.

But these guys are going down to the wire now. They've played a ton lately and their travel has been taxing. We will come in fresher than them. If nothing else, we will have the energy and hustle on our side. Some of our guys feed off that. Not to mention we still have advantages with LMA(if he shows up) and Pau.

The game is winnable. If they weren't playing tonight, I'd probably be on board with you.

timtonymanu
03-10-2017, 10:38 PM

But these guys are going down to the wire now. They've played a ton lately and their travel has been taxing. We will come in fresher than them. If nothing else, we will have the energy and hustle on our side. Some of our guys feed off that. Not to mention we still have advantages with LMA(if he shows up) and Pau.

The game is winnable. If they weren't playing tonight, I'd probably be on board with you.

Their big 3 played 35+ minutes tonight. Helps in the Spurs favor just a little bit more now.

SpurPadre
03-10-2017, 10:38 PM

Hope we get another fluke game from Simmons. At least we know Danny does a good job on Curry. We'll see...

bklynspursfan
03-10-2017, 10:46 PM
Their big 3 played 35+ minutes tonight. Helps in the Spurs favor just a little bit more now.

Yea for sure. And like I said Kerr might just rest them. Who knows. If nothing else their fatigue + Kawhi sort of evens the playing field.

bklynspursfan
03-10-2017, 10:48 PM
Hope we get another fluke game from Simmons. At least we know Danny does a good job on Curry. We'll see...

Simmons/Mills/LMA (sad he has to be included with role players) all need to play well for us to have a shot.

Hopefully Manu picks up where he left off too.

ace3g
03-10-2017, 10:53 PM
(https://twitter.com/WarriorsPR) Warriors PR (https://twitter.com/WarriorsPR) (https://twitter.com/WarriorsPR) @WarriorsPR (https://twitter.com/WarriorsPR)

Coach Kerr announced that Curry (rest), Green (rest), Iguodala (rest) & Thompson (rest) will not play tomorrow night in San Antonio.

Uriel
03-10-2017, 10:55 PM

Uriel
03-10-2017, 10:56 PM
Damn, ace3g beat me to it. :lol

SpurPadre
03-10-2017, 10:59 PM
(https://twitter.com/WarriorsPR) Warriors PR (https://twitter.com/WarriorsPR) (https://twitter.com/WarriorsPR) @WarriorsPR (https://twitter.com/WarriorsPR)

Coach Kerr announced that Curry (rest), Green (rest), Iguodala (rest) & Thompson (rest) will not play tomorrow night in San Antonio.

http://img.pandawhale.com/50246-so-youre-saying-theres-a-chanc-toCD.jpeg

Nathan89
03-10-2017, 11:02 PM
We are the favorites now.

Uriel
03-10-2017, 11:04 PM
This commercial suddenly became false advertising. :lol

Amuseddaysleeper
03-10-2017, 11:04 PM
Anything less than a 15 point win for the Spurs will be an embarrassment. Gotta go for the kill regardless of who suits up for the Warriors.

bklynspursfan
03-10-2017, 11:09 PM
Don't be surprised if Kerr sits his guys tomorrow tbh. They need a break, and we're coming for the 1 seed whether they win tomorrow or not. He says he won't sacrifice them for the 1 seed

See? Kerr is a Pop disciple. Not even surprised

SpurPadre
03-10-2017, 11:12 PM
See? Kerr is a Pop disciple. Not even surprised

But Kerr is also a Jackson disciple, hence having an arrogant team, so I think it's a bit surprising.

bklynspursfan
03-10-2017, 11:17 PM
But Kerr is also a Jackson disciple, hence having an arrogant team, so I think it's a bit surprising.

He just said last week he would try to get his guys rest. That the #1 seed was important but not at the expense of his guys health. The writing was on the wall.

It seems he's a bit more Pop than Phil with his coaching philosophy.

Ditty
03-10-2017, 11:17 PM
Spurs should destroy them even without Curry. Damn Curry must really believe that the Spurs are going to drop a few more games before the end of the season, and the Warriors will get it together.

r0drig0lac
03-10-2017, 11:18 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/uDwKGxTFrADvO/giphy.gif

HarlemHeat37
03-10-2017, 11:21 PM
Damn, was really looking forward to this game..watching Shaun Livingston and Ian Clark lead a team isn't quite the draw of Kawhi vs. Curry:lol

spursistan
03-10-2017, 11:22 PM
Wonder if they made a strategic decion to rest and give up on protecting the top seed..Probably the loss tonight clinched it for Kerr..We'll see in next few games..

look_at_g_shred
03-10-2017, 11:22 PM
But is pop resting too?

SpurPadre
03-10-2017, 11:25 PM

Funny how only Kawhi gets named for the Spurs. LMA needs to take that as an insult and play better.

Keepin' it real
03-10-2017, 11:31 PM
Wow, and to think I almost wasted $500 on tickets and travel to SAT to watch this game. Whew!!

james evans
03-10-2017, 11:35 PM
so basically Kerr and Popovoch are both trying to throw the game. Popovich wants to sit out Leonard(which he was going to do anyway) and Kerr said, "hold up, I can do better than that". Shit is silly. It's more Popovoch bullshit. If Leonard got a concussion from that little elbow, he is by far the weakest mother fucker I've ever seen in an nba uniform. For those of you old enough to remember, there was a game in the mid 90s when the Knicks played the Suns, AC Green had his 2 front teeth knocked out by JR Reid purposely. He started the next game to extend his streak and played the rest of the season. In the 2009 ECF, Johnson elbowed Mo Williams in the eye driving to the basket and cut him. It didn't put him out for the rest of the series. Karl Malone knocked out ****** Perry with an elbow(put him to sleep) and caught Mtuombo with one cutting his mouth up too. These guys didn't sit out a week.

HarlemHeat37
03-10-2017, 11:40 PM
so basically Kerr and Popovoch are both trying to throw the game. Popovich wants to sit out Leonard(which he was going to do anyway) and Kerr said, "hold up, I can do better than that". Shit is silly

The league decided to sit Leonard, not Pop..

K...
03-10-2017, 11:42 PM
pop can still rest a bunch of guys, but he won't. He'll fuck up the minutes instead

bklynspursfan
03-10-2017, 11:50 PM
The league decided to sit Leonard, not Pop..

Thank you.. idk why it's so hard for some on here to understand this isn't a Pop thing.

FkLA
03-11-2017, 12:17 AM
Kerr is trying to protect the Warriors psyche. Those faggots are falling apart as is. Can you imagine how much bigger of a hit their psyche would take if they lost the #1 seed with Kawhichael Jordan out?

bklynspursfan
03-11-2017, 12:23 AM
Put this in another thread, but some Warriors fans think there are lockerroom issues. Great stuff haha.

http://forums.warriorsworld.net/main/msgs/4267423.phtml

LakerHater
03-11-2017, 12:27 AM
Damn, I heard yesterday that somebody sold their tix for $350 ea

Ice009
03-11-2017, 12:27 AM
Kawhi gonna be out a while most likely. Thankfully they've all but locked up the second overall seed so they can start eating people for the next few weeks.

Why would he be out a while? Surely he doesn't have a concussion, does he? or can the NBA say it is and keep him out for multiple games? Can the Spurs get their own evaluation? If the NBA has it's own doctors that make the decision, then I don't trust them at all.

Edit : how long would have to sit? If he's OK, would it just be for this game? or the NBA starts the concussion protocol, does he still have to sit for multiple games if he's OK? This sounds like bullshit to me.

Mikeanaro
03-11-2017, 12:33 AM
This is going to be a short bus fight, and that includes Pop and Kerr (who was not aware of when the clock starts ticking during a jump ball)

Spur|n|Austin
03-11-2017, 12:51 AM

See why people need to calm tf down and stfu?

Just chill...

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3c1qmZB8A1r2wgwlo1_400.gif

TheDoctor
03-11-2017, 01:05 AM
Basically it's the doctors who recommending this process for Kawhi. It isn't Pop.. they were checking him and he must've showed some symptoms that prompted them to do this.

http://www.csnne.com/boston-celtics/with-al-horford-out-nba-concussion-protocol-explained

Thanks! :tu

MultiTroll
03-11-2017, 01:15 AM
Put this in another thread, but some Warriors fans think there are lockerroom issues. Great stuff haha.
Whoa did he say "Do what the massah say" regarding being informed they were resting tomorrow?

Separately, I don't get the "change gonna come" cryptic reference. As in he (Iggy) is out of there at the end of the year? If so that is no big deal or secret.

TheDoctor
03-11-2017, 01:18 AM
Whoa did he say "Do what the massah say" regarding being informed they were resting tomorrow?

"Do what the master say".

Another mentally colonized black man. It was a prank but he shouldn't be saying that even in jokes tbh

HarlemHeat37
03-11-2017, 01:24 AM
Iggy was taking a shot at the NBA, not Kerr, tbh..

Warriors have some bright minds who aren't afraid to speak on issues..salute to Steve Kerr for not being afraid to have players like that on his team, unlike most other coaches..

BatManu20
03-11-2017, 01:38 AM
LaMarcus better go off against Javale and co tbh.. Same with Pau. Would love to see Dejounte get a lot of minutes this game as well.

SPURt
03-11-2017, 01:38 AM

I think Pop would cut a dude for implying he was a slave master. That is crazy. Glad he's not a Spur.

Robz4000
03-11-2017, 01:43 AM
Why would he be out a while? Surely he doesn't have a concussion, does he? or can the NBA say it is and keep him out for multiple games? Can the Spurs get their own evaluation? If the NBA has it's own doctors that make the decision, then I don't trust them at all.

Edit : how long would have to sit? If he's OK, would it just be for this game? or the NBA starts the concussion protocol, does he still have to sit for multiple games if he's OK? This sounds like bullshit to me.

Concussions are tricky tbh. He'll almost definitely be out against ATL on Monday, but if it's serious he could be out weeks.

spurs10
03-11-2017, 01:45 AM

DAF86
03-11-2017, 01:46 AM
Why don't you let Canyonero start the game threads? spursistan already fucked our streak against OKC, tbh.

Emperor
03-11-2017, 01:56 AM
Looks like we may be getting that tie breaker afterall!

SAGirl
03-11-2017, 02:08 AM
I do wonder what's up with Kyle's knee. I had assumed no news is good news, and that he would play in this game but I may be wrong. He apparently downplayed his knee sprain, but at the same time he was limping out of the locker room after Thursday's game. I am already expecting Bryn Forbes, Murray, Mills lineups. Pop is super careful with his players and I expect that if there is even a sign that knee is not 100% he's going to be out.

TheGreatYacht
03-11-2017, 02:19 AM
C: Pachulia, McGee, Looney, Jones
PF: West, McAdoo
SF: Barnes
SG: McCaw, Clark
PG: Livingston

If the Spurs lose this, PATFO better turn in their resignation letters in the morning

BillMc
03-11-2017, 02:24 AM

spursistan
03-11-2017, 02:24 AM
C: Pachulia, McGee, Looney, JonesPF: West, McAdooSF: Barnes, SG: McCaw, ClarkPG: LivingstonIf the Spurs lose this, PATFO better turn in their resignation letters in the morning

Poop is going to get cute and rest more of our guys :lol.

IF Aldridge doesn't score +20 on those stiff bigs they are trotting out he should go kill himself..

TheGreatYacht
03-11-2017, 02:27 AM
Poop is going to get cute and rest more of our guys :lol.

IF Aldridge doesn't score +20 on those stiff bigs they are trotting out he should go kill himself..
Sucks Deadman will probably start, Gasol would feast on Pachulia tbh :lol

SpurPadre
03-11-2017, 02:30 AM
See why people need to calm tf down and stfu?

Just chill...

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3c1qmZB8A1r2wgwlo1_400.gif

We're not out of the woods yet. Tomorrow is not a gimme.

BillMc
03-11-2017, 02:45 AM

I am old enough to remember an NFL game when Dan Marino got his bell rung, missed a play, then came in and threw the game winning TD against Seattle (I think). After the game a reporter asked him about the game-winning play and Dan had no idea what he was talking about. Turns out Marino had a concussion and didn't remember the play. He'd done it all in the moment from muscle memory even though his head was gone.

Maybe Kawhi could give us 15 and 2 steals even with his head in the clouds.:lol

(Just kidding of course)

Splits
03-11-2017, 03:05 AM

lol 27k+ posts and can't embed a tweet

BillMc
03-11-2017, 03:08 AM
Why don't you let Canyonero (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=49822) start the game threads? spursistan (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=49560) already fucked our streak against OKC, tbh.

Didn't know I was upsetting the Argentine crowd by making a game thread. Even put the Trenque Lauquen (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=266949&page=4&p=8932669) time in as a salute to Canyonero

BillMc
03-11-2017, 03:18 AM

I wonder if "nice guy" Kerr has some respect issues in the locker room. We all know about the issue/challenge/blow up with Draymond last year. Now this.

It can't help that the team won so many games with Luke Walton. They probably feel they don't need a coach. Not all of them, but a few.

SAGirl
03-11-2017, 03:21 AM
I had not thought about the Luke Walton angle.

szkorhetz
03-11-2017, 03:30 AM
Will they fine Kerr too?

That number one seed is up for the grabs. Hopefully, we'll go for it. Playing 4 games in the Oracle is a nightmare.

03-11-2017, 03:47 AM
I am old enough to remember an NFL game when Dan Marino got his bell rung, missed a play, then came in and threw the game winning TD against Seattle (I think). After the game a reporter asked him about the game-winning play and Dan had no idea what he was talking about. Turns out Marino had a concussion and didn't remember the play. He'd done it all in the moment from muscle memory even though his head was gone.

Maybe Kawhi could give us 15 and 2 steals even with his head in the clouds.:lol

(Just kidding of course)

That's pretty crazy :wow

I agree. Whi could drop those stats half asleep, and it'd take Patty to remind him of what he did for the night... cuz who remembers just another night at the office :lol

spurs10
03-11-2017, 03:48 AM
Will they fine Kerr too?

That number one seed is up for the grabs. Hopefully, we'll go for it. Playing 4 games in the Oracle is a nightmare.
I won't be shocked if some fines are issued. Green might want to hold off on that $25000 watch! Though he doesn't strike me as a practical and thoughtful guy. How many T's does that he need before he gets suspended I wonder? Also I wonder what the punishment is. Are you out for multiple games?

BillMc
03-11-2017, 04:05 AM
That's pretty crazy :wow

I agree. Whi could drop those stats half asleep, and it'd take Patty to remind him of what he did for the night... cuz who remembers just another night at the office :lol

Maddog
03-11-2017, 07:29 AM

Wow
If that's true I'd have a chance to score...

Canyonero
03-11-2017, 08:47 AM
Why don't you let Canyonero (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=49822) start the game threads? spursistan (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=49560) already fucked our streak against OKC, tbh.

Kawhi would still be alive if I had opened the OKC thread tbh

George Gervin's Afro
03-11-2017, 08:50 AM
need the W... if the warriors want to give away the #1 seed...then the Spurs should oblige

cutewizard
03-11-2017, 09:05 AM
Goooooooooooo Spurs go!!!!!

cutewizard
03-11-2017, 09:07 AM
bury them boys,

give them the full load,

eviscerate the warriors!!!!!!!!!

ducks
03-11-2017, 09:11 AM
Kerr reason
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/the-warriors-lost-again-and-now-steve-kerrs-sitting-everyone-vs-the-spurs-065309716.html

RD2191
03-11-2017, 09:12 AM
Pop and Kerr trying to outfag each other.

hater
03-11-2017, 09:18 AM
Worriers by 30

UZER
03-11-2017, 09:31 AM
Pop and Kerr trying to outfag each other.

Ever seen a skit by Dimitri Martin called the passive aggressive race?

Shits exactly what Pop and Kerr are doing right now. :lol

RD2191
03-11-2017, 10:13 AM
Ever seen a skit by Dimitri Martin called the passive aggressive race?

Shits exactly what Pop and Kerr are doing right now. :lol

:lol I'll have to check it out.

UZER
03-11-2017, 10:38 AM
:lol I'll have to check it out.

Starts at the 11:00 mark

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xvfios_important-things-with-demetri-martin-s01-e07_fun

Ice009
03-11-2017, 10:48 AM
Man, I hope that Kawhi is not out for too many games. This fucking sucks. I wanted this game to be a mega match-up for the first seed.

cutewizard
03-11-2017, 11:39 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tJYN-eG1zk

smaka
03-11-2017, 11:43 AM
Parker and Murray not playing tonight, LMA also out. Let's just cancel the game lol.

cd98
03-11-2017, 11:54 AM
so basically Kerr and Popovoch are both trying to throw the game. Popovich wants to sit out Leonard(which he was going to do anyway) and Kerr said, "hold up, I can do better than that". Shit is silly. It's more Popovoch bullshit. If Leonard got a concussion from that little elbow, he is by far the weakest mother fucker I've ever seen in an nba uniform. For those of you old enough to remember, there was a game in the mid 90s when the Knicks played the Suns, AC Green had his 2 front teeth knocked out by JR Reid purposely. He started the next game to extend his streak and played the rest of the season. In the 2009 ECF, Johnson elbowed Mo Williams in the eye driving to the basket and cut him. It didn't put him out for the rest of the series. Karl Malone knocked out ****** Perry with an elbow(put him to sleep) and caught Mtuombo with one cutting his mouth up too. These guys didn't sit out a week.

I'm sure if this were the playoffs, then most of those guys would be playing. But it's a regular season game, and one Kerr can win even sitting his best players because of all the players out for the Spurs. And Green only played because of his streak that he went through comical efforts to extend, including a start and playing for a few minutes and then sitting. Of course, if it was a tooth or two, guys like Kawhi would play. But a concussion is serious. Better to rest and not take chances.

BatManu20
03-11-2017, 12:01 PM
Shit.

$pursDynasty
03-11-2017, 12:08 PM
It would take a plane crash for a game to lose this many star players this quickly.

$pursDynasty
03-11-2017, 12:13 PM
With Dubs top 5 players out and the Spurs likely without their top 3, it might come down to Sean Livingston vs old man Manu and Pau. This is when having a system can help yout survive a storm.

TXstbobcat
03-11-2017, 12:18 PM
Both Parker and Murray out tonight against GS.

$pursDynasty
03-11-2017, 12:19 PM
Why is Dijon out?

TXstbobcat
03-11-2017, 12:22 PM
Why is Dijon out?

Out due to groin.

peacemaker885
03-11-2017, 12:24 PM
Is anybody playing tonight? Man is this a nationally televised game? If this was Stern lots of fines going out.

BillMc
03-11-2017, 12:25 PM
ABC's sponsors on suicide alert.

spursistan
03-11-2017, 12:25 PM
Murray and TP are also both out :lmao..

BatManu20
03-11-2017, 12:26 PM
So Patty, Manu, D-Lee, and Pau are going to have to carry us. This might actually be a good game still. Imagine us losing this one now lol. That would suck.

Splits
03-11-2017, 12:27 PM
Why is Dijon out?

tight vag

CGD
03-11-2017, 12:29 PM
Damn, how a season can turn in a blink of an eye. Best to LMA.

Bryn and Davis to get some run. No Kyle either I assume?

peacemaker885
03-11-2017, 12:36 PM
rooting for the Cavs.

emanueldavidginobili
03-11-2017, 12:45 PM
I'm pissed Murray is out tonight, sucks.

TampaDude
03-11-2017, 12:45 PM
Pop and Kerr sticking it to the man again. I wonder how much the fines will be this time? :lol

BillMc
03-11-2017, 12:48 PM
ABC Primetime

Livingston vs Forbes

Zaza vs. Lee

Feel the excitement.

TheGreatYacht
03-11-2017, 12:49 PM
C: Pachulia, McGee, Looney, Jones
PF: West, McAdoo
SF: Barnes
SG: McCaw, Clark
PG: Livingston

If the Spurs lose this, PATFO better turn in their resignation letters in the morning
I don't give a fuck if Kawhi, LMA, Tony, and Murray are out. We CANNOT lose to this roster :lmao

Gasol, Deadman, Anthony
Lee, Bertans
Anderson, Simmons
Green, Ginobili
Mills, Forbes

that should be enough for a "GOAT" coach to get it done

spursistan
03-11-2017, 12:50 PM
If ABC doesn't dump this scrub show now :lol..

BillMc
03-11-2017, 12:50 PM
I don't give a fuck if Kawhi, LMA, Tony, and Murray are out. We CANNOT lose to this roster :lmao

Gasol, Deadman, Anthony
Lee, Bertans
Anderson, Simmons
Green, Ginobili
Mills, Forbes

that should be enough for a "GOAT" coach to get it done

Is Kyle confirmed?

Mugen
03-11-2017, 12:56 PM
I get the resting thing but tonight is ridiculous tbh.

There's a lot of San Antonions that gave up extra guacamole on their burritos for several months to go to this game. And now they gotta watch Patrick McCaw and Bryn Forbes go head to head in a glorified D-league game.

Smh.....

TheGreatYacht
03-11-2017, 12:56 PM
Is Kyle confirmed?
Pretty much. Spurs announced those that are out and he's not on the list

BillMc
03-11-2017, 12:57 PM
Pretty much. Spurs announced those that are out and he's not on the list
Thanks

Mugen
03-11-2017, 12:58 PM
Sucks about Dijon but at least Fat Tony is out too so tonight isn't a complete loss.

TheGreatYacht
03-11-2017, 01:07 PM
Enchilada stuffers calling players fat lol

BatManu20
03-11-2017, 01:12 PM

TXstbobcat
03-11-2017, 01:14 PM
Is Kyle confirmed?

pop is bringing in Dr. Nick Riviera to consult for a 2nd opinion.

loveforthegame
03-11-2017, 01:15 PM
Let's hope ZaZa doesn't take any of our remaining players out. Geez.

BatManu20
03-11-2017, 01:16 PM

BatManu20
03-11-2017, 01:18 PM

Spurs9
03-11-2017, 01:19 PM

BatManu20
03-11-2017, 01:20 PM

Spur|n|Austin
03-11-2017, 01:20 PM
Pop and Kerr sticking it to the man again. I wonder how much the fines will be this time? :lol

The reason Spurs were fined a few years back for sitting guys was because Pop didn't notify the league 24 hours before. Both coaches have notified the league ahead of time - they won't be fined. It's not against league rules to rest players, you just have to give word first.

Fireball
03-11-2017, 01:21 PM
wow ... I was offline the whole day and cannot wrap my head around all these bad news ... get well LMA

BatManu20
03-11-2017, 01:22 PM

Spur|n|Austin
03-11-2017, 01:23 PM
A spurs win tonight would be huge - GSG!

BatManu20
03-11-2017, 01:23 PM

BatManu20
03-11-2017, 01:24 PM

BatManu20
03-11-2017, 01:36 PM

gambit1990
i don't understand why murray is sitting. so forbes can get PT? :lol

BatManu20

BatManu20
03-11-2017, 01:38 PM

BatManu20
03-11-2017, 01:45 PM
I fully expect McCaw to go off on us and have his career high tonight tbh. He will have the green light like he's never had before.

BatManu20
03-11-2017, 02:06 PM

SnakeBoy
03-11-2017, 02:26 PM

Whaaat!

widowmaker
03-11-2017, 02:59 PM
How about they just forfeit the game and just give everybody's money back.

GSH
03-11-2017, 03:07 PM
Well at least the Spurs can't fall to the 5th seed on this game. So we've got that going for us.

BatManu20
03-11-2017, 03:37 PM

SpurPadre
03-11-2017, 03:37 PM
Why the fuck is Murray out? Another practice injury due to Fathead?

BatManu20
03-11-2017, 03:43 PM

BatManu20
03-11-2017, 03:45 PM

SpurPadre
03-11-2017, 03:58 PM
Hope Lee can go off against his former team to give us a chance.

marinoman
03-11-2017, 03:59 PM
So mills and Manu are the only pgs? Why are we favored double digits? Doesn't really matter anyways, our season resides in LMAs heart

BatManu20
03-11-2017, 04:14 PM
They had to update this pic a couple times. The matchup of the century. ZaZa vs Pau.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C6qqIYGVsAAVdsk?format=jpg&name=large

dabom
03-11-2017, 04:16 PM
They had to update this pic a couple times. The matchup of this century. ZaZa vs Pau.

All Mighty Janitor
03-11-2017, 05:10 PM
They had to update this pic a couple times. The matchup of the century. ZaZa vs Pau.

:lmao

phxspurfan
03-11-2017, 05:22 PM
BREAKING NEWS: ABC NBA game featured tonight will move to ESPN and will switch to Minnestota Timberwolves at Milwaukee Bucks, starting at 8:00pm EST. ABC programming replacement will be a previously unaired episode of Modern Family.

cd98
03-11-2017, 05:25 PM

That's a rating busting matchup right there. Hopefully all those fans that tried to vote Zaza into the all star game will watch. I'd be pissed if I had tickets to this game.

BatManu20
03-11-2017, 05:39 PM

8FOR!3
03-11-2017, 06:08 PM
Who's actually playing tonight? Gasol should outclass these guys

Spurtacular
03-11-2017, 06:29 PM

Poor LMA, he's not promo-worthy anymore.

Promoting three warriors (one not being Durant) to one Spur is a slap in the face to Spurs Nation all the same.

Horse
03-11-2017, 06:31 PM
No excuse to lose

BillMc
03-11-2017, 06:32 PM

Trying to pull in the Georgian fans. :lol

BillMc
03-11-2017, 06:37 PM
Testament to Patty, Manu, Lee and others:

http://d2s3dt9f4iyeup.cloudfront.net/images/standard_v1/7222c58c-cbfb-4541-9811-0399d31554b1.png

r0drig0lac
03-11-2017, 06:38 PM
DLEAGUE MATCHUP

GSH
03-11-2017, 06:40 PM
Why the fuck is Murray out? Another practice injury due to Fathead?

He was needed in Austin. Pop said this is "just a game" anyway.

Spurtacular
03-11-2017, 06:41 PM

It's probably fitting that they call this guy The Juice. I can see him literally murdering someone at some point.

BillMc
03-11-2017, 06:43 PM

I can honestly say this is a graphic I never thought I'd see.

r0drig0lac
03-11-2017, 06:44 PM
BREAKING NEWS: ABC NBA game featured tonight will move to ESPN and will switch to Minnestota Timberwolves at Milwaukee Bucks, starting at 8:00pm EST. ABC programming replacement will be a previously unaired episode of Modern Family.
nice

spurraider21
03-11-2017, 06:45 PM
It's probably fitting that they call this guy The Juice. I can see him literally murdering someone at some point.
http://i.imgur.com/HEOJs.jpg

dabom
03-11-2017, 06:47 PM
Testament to Patty, Manu, Lee and others:

http://d2s3dt9f4iyeup.cloudfront.net/images/standard_v1/7222c58c-cbfb-4541-9811-0399d31554b1.png

It's a trash Kawhi post though. or just trying to hype a bench game. :lol

RD2191
03-11-2017, 06:59 PM

GSH
03-11-2017, 07:05 PM

I want to see THAT Jonathan Simmons again. Stop playing it safe.

Seventyniner
03-11-2017, 07:16 PM
My God, not only is Forbes going to get minutes, he's going to get minutes at PG.

DarrinS
03-11-2017, 07:19 PM
David Lee vs David West

DarrinS
03-11-2017, 07:20 PM
I want to see THAT Jonathan Simmons again. Stop playing it safe.

I don't know what happened to him, but he won't let a 3 fly anymore.

bklynspursfan
03-11-2017, 07:42 PM
My God, not only is Forbes going to get minutes, he's going to get minutes at PG.

Manu and Patty hopefully handle the ball as much as possible. Manu more...

But I mean it could be worse. Green could be handling the ball

dabom
03-11-2017, 07:46 PM
Manu and Patty hopefully handle the ball as much as possible. Manu more...

But I mean it could be worse. Green could be handling the ball

I'd prefer Green over forbes tbh...

100%duncan
03-11-2017, 07:56 PM
8 pages before tip off? jesus

ace3g
03-11-2017, 08:05 PM

$pursDynasty
03-11-2017, 08:07 PM
ABC trying to bury the Spurs

DieHardSpursFan1537
03-11-2017, 08:08 PM
lmao Jalen Rose creating more tabloid garbage and claiming Spurs won't get out of the first round.

DieHardSpursFan1537
03-11-2017, 08:08 PM
ABC trying to bury the Spurs
+1

$pursDynasty
03-11-2017, 08:09 PM
Pregame show saying won't get out of first round. Man are they thirsty for the Dubs Cavs. Trying to shape narrative before Dubs take this L

$pursDynasty
03-11-2017, 08:10 PM
Good news on Kingslayer though might be in lineup Monday

ace3g
03-11-2017, 08:11 PM

xellos88330
03-11-2017, 08:12 PM
I hope Spurs lite will go raw on them Dubs.

CGD
03-11-2017, 08:12 PM

Gasol settling in to bench role

DieHardSpursFan1537
03-11-2017, 08:14 PM
Gasol settling in to bench role
The funniest part is that ABC is marketing Gasol as the star of the game and he isn't even starting still.

Strategic
03-11-2017, 08:15 PM
Looks like a good chance for a bump of Manu's 20 point thread against the beast.

emanueldavidginobili
03-11-2017, 08:17 PM
lmao Jalen Rose creating more tabloid garbage and claiming Spurs won't get out of the first round.

If LA is gone for the season it's possible, and even if the Spurs get out of the 1st round it will be a long 1st round especially against the Thunder.

dabom
03-11-2017, 08:17 PM
Patty starting. :hat

DieHardSpursFan1537
03-11-2017, 08:18 PM
If LA is gone for the season it's possible, and even if the Spurs get out of the 1st round it will be a long 1st round especially against the Thunder.
No doubt. Westchimp will terroize the Spurs

pgardn
03-11-2017, 08:20 PM
Pregame show saying won't get out of first round. Man are they thirsty for the Dubs Cavs. Trying to shape narrative before Dubs take this L

Its what he is payed for.

He says players are paid to entertain fans. Wrong. You are payed by your employers, in GS case, to win a championship. So that's what you do. You will sacrifice in battles to win the war. Cut down the frkn schedule and this would not be a problem. Play 50 games and you won't see the resting until playoff positions are sewn up.

spursistan
03-11-2017, 08:21 PM
Kawhi will be back for Monday apparently..sigh of relief..Now carry us to det Top seed and get your MVP.

Chinook
03-11-2017, 08:22 PM
Should have started Tony and Bertans. Assuming Tony will play, but maybe it's going to be Forbes, Manu, Simmons, Bertans, Gasol

Forbes might be playing for a job now. The Spurs simply can't afford to carry dead roster spots with their stars out and their secondary guys ailing.

BillMc
03-11-2017, 08:23 PM
It's a trash Kawhi post though. or just trying to hype a bench game. :lol
The later I think. ABC/ESPN is desperate.

spursistan
03-11-2017, 08:25 PM
Should have started Tony and Bertans. Assuming Tony will play, but maybe it's going to be Forbes, Manu, Simmons, Bertans, Gasol

Forbes might be playing for a job now. The Spurs simply can't afford to carry dead roster spots with their stars out and their secondary guys ailing.

He has already been ruled out..

Chinook
03-11-2017, 08:26 PM
He has already been ruled out..

Yeah, then it onto what I said in the next sentence. Scary shit.

$pursDynasty
03-11-2017, 08:26 PM
Grasping at straws, Sage Steele actually said Danny Green is playing tonight, thank goodness. ....Said by no one ever until just now

pgardn
03-11-2017, 08:27 PM
Now ABC/ESPN going for the race stuff.

Gotta do something when stars are out.

dabom
03-11-2017, 08:29 PM
Now ABC/ESPN going for the race stuff.

Gotta do something when stars are out.

I think because both teams are missing stars. You don't expect a blowout from one team. So that evens the field. And add that they are both vying for the top spot. I think it makes this game quite intriguing. I'm watching either way. :lol

SpurPadre
03-11-2017, 08:30 PM
When Rose said we'll be eliminated in the 1st round, was he factoring LMA's condition?

RD2191
03-11-2017, 08:31 PM
Grasping at straws, Sage Steele actually said Danny Green is playing tonight, thank goodness. ....Said by no one ever until just now

Chinook probably has.

Darius Bieber
03-11-2017, 08:31 PM
A lot of Warrior bandwagon fans in the building....

TheGreatYacht
03-11-2017, 08:33 PM
Pop is saying "fuck 3-pointers" by starting Deadman, Lee, Anderson, and Green

DarrinS
03-11-2017, 08:33 PM
Manu, Mills, Lee, Dedmon -- I think these guys will have good game tonight. :tu

Ron Swanson
03-11-2017, 08:34 PM

TheGreatYacht

Chinook probably has.

SAGirl
Wow talk about guys/lineups that haven't played his together all season in a game with playoff seeding ramifications.

Hopefully Lamarcus recovers and joins the team b4 the season is over or it doesn't matter...

Just scary rotten luck...

Darius Bieber
03-11-2017, 08:35 PM
If the Santa Cruz Warriors win this game, might as well forfeit the season.

wildbill2u
03-11-2017, 08:35 PM
When POP rested the stars in Miami a few years ago in a premier national tv game, he got fined $250,000. Wonder what they will do with Kerr?

pgardn
03-11-2017, 08:36 PM
A lot of Warrior bandwagon fans in the building....

Will you turn the game off if we get down by 5 pts ?
Or keep watching and give up...

BillMc
Pau should be the best player on the court tonight.

Green, Patty and Lee all also might be better than anyone the dubs have. Should be a win.

Darius Bieber
When POP rested the stars in Miami a few years ago in a premier national tv game, he got fined $250,000. Wonder what they will do with Kerr?

None. Pop only got fined because he never gave advanced notice.

Darius Bieber
LOL Spurs first possession. Trash team.

pgardn
If the Santa Cruz Warriors win this game, might as well forfeit the season.

Here we go.

The guy who bailed in the Sac game.