PDA

View Full Version : What if Forbes had his confidence

ivanfromwestwood
03-11-2017, 01:36 PM
Watch his videos on youtube. He can flat out score and his shot is a thing of beauty. He has star abilities but lacks the mentality. Hope he has a good game tonight. It would do wonders for his confidence

Splits
03-11-2017, 01:39 PM
Thanks for telling me what to do and providing no material. Quality thread.

Now, go fuck yourself.

Also, Forbes sucks.

ivanfromwestwood
03-11-2017, 01:50 PM
Thanks splits. I always enjoy your posts. Btw i just rubbed one out. Does that count as me fucking myself?

Respectfully
Ivan

Russ
03-11-2017, 01:51 PM
Forbes is a great shooter. Wouldn't be surprised if he had a big game tonight (assuming he's healthy enough to play :lol).

ivanfromwestwood
03-11-2017, 01:57 PM
I know it was against the d league but this little fucker looked like the next coming of Cury. He needs some more swag. Looks scared shitless out there. He needs to shoot the fucking ball instead always looking to pass first.

SAGirl
03-11-2017, 02:09 PM
Definitely.... Imagine if Patty was playing scared out there.... he would be out if the league.
He hasn't played enough to cast a judgement really. He must know that like Mills he's out there to score the basketball... and needs to be aggressive looking to shoot.

Splits
03-11-2017, 02:16 PM
Definitely.... Imagine if Patty was playing scared out there.... he would be out if the league.
He hasn't played enough to cast a judgement really. He must know that like Mills he's out there to score the basketball... and needs to be aggressive looking to shoot.

Definitely not.

Gary Neal played with a huge ballsack and was a better shooter than F:lolrbes and he is out of the league.

Neal > F:lolrbes

SAGirl
03-11-2017, 02:33 PM
Definitely not.

Gary Neal played with a huge ballsack and was a better shooter than F:lolrbes and he is out of the league.

Neal > F:lolrbes
Yet he was in the NBA for a good few years and got a couple of contracts for his trouble. Even a Neal career was still an NBA career. There are small roles that still get a guy paid. It doesn't matter if Forbes is not ballsy shooting though. Even Neal may be much better. I don't know. I have seen Forbes shooting well but only one good NBA game (the Toronto game).

ceperez
03-11-2017, 04:18 PM
I think Forbes is worth holding on long term. He's the Spurs Steph Curry-lite.

Hoops Czar
03-11-2017, 04:26 PM

:lmao

SpurPadre
03-11-2017, 04:46 PM
...he'd be a homeless man's Gary Neal but wouldn't defend a player without any shoes on.

dabom
03-11-2017, 04:48 PM
Yet he was in the NBA for a good few years and got a couple of contracts for his trouble. Even a Neal career was still an NBA career. There are small roles that still get a guy paid. It doesn't matter if Forbes is not ballsy shooting though. Even Neal may be much better. I don't know. I have seen Forbes shooting well but only one good NBA game (the Toronto game).

You replied but you didn't state anything. :lol

Are you agreeing or disagreeing? :lol

Keepin' it real
03-11-2017, 04:55 PM

https://imagemacros.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/notsure-1.jpg

wildbill2u
03-11-2017, 04:56 PM
If Forbes gets his confidence and starts shooting 3s well, he will be Jimmer 2.0

dabom
03-11-2017, 04:59 PM
If Forbes gets his confidence and starts shooting 3s well, he will be Jimmer 2.0

That's still not an NBA player. :lmao

TXstbobcat
03-11-2017, 05:00 PM

so you are saying he would dominate in China?????

Russ
03-11-2017, 06:07 PM

Dude even looks like Curry.

Spurtacular
03-11-2017, 06:17 PM
He has star abilities

:lmao

Spurtacular
03-11-2017, 06:18 PM
That's still not an NBA player. :lmao

You're still not a half way decent poster.

spurraider21
03-11-2017, 06:42 PM
i miss gary neal tbh

dabom
03-11-2017, 06:45 PM
i miss gary neal tbh

That guy deserved a ring. Along with Tmac. Srs.

Mikeanaro
03-11-2017, 06:47 PM
They need to show their game, players like Hill, Forbes or Joseph have no confidence at all by coincidence.

spurraider21
03-11-2017, 06:51 PM
That guy deserved a ring. Along with Tmac. Srs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgRf4iOIXeA

emanueldavidginobili
03-11-2017, 07:23 PM
I'm sure he will have a much better game playing at home, I'm sure he was rattled getting meaningful minutes for the first time against a tough OKC crowd

Ice009
03-11-2017, 07:47 PM
This kid is a pussy. He has an incredible shot, and as I've said numerous times here, I could out-shoot guys like Danny Green (on his open looks that he gets and clanks), but Forbes is a better shooter than me. He has zero fucking confidence out there, though. Stephen Jackson is the guy that taught me you gotta shoot with almost irrational confidence. lol, to paraphrase Captain Jack - "if you're scared, go to church" I believe SJax said that when Danny Green and all those guys were pissing their pants against the Thunder in the back half of that 2012 series that we should never have lost. Well, Byrn Forbes is somewhere in the church right now laying in the fetal position.

How can you be so scared to shoot the 3 ball when that is why you're here and are are also one of the most lethal shooters in the league.

illusioNtEk
03-11-2017, 09:38 PM
https://imagemacros.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/notsure-1.jpg

:lol

FkLA
03-11-2017, 09:46 PM

Gary 'balls of steel' Neal tbh

spurraider21
03-11-2017, 09:46 PM
Gary 'balls of steel' Neal tbhneal with it

FkLA
03-11-2017, 09:48 PM

also crofl at the Splitter wave at 2:23

Seventyniner
03-12-2017, 12:05 AM

The real reason Danny Green changed his number to 14.

wildbill2u
03-12-2017, 12:34 PM
so you are saying he would dominate in China?????

I really haven't watched the Chinese leagues so I don't want to make a comparison. I just think he may be a great shooter who isn't fast enough or tall enough to overcome what appears to be a lack of footspeed on defense. You could argue that Slo Mo uses his height to overcome some defensive and offensive problems. Unfortunately, Forbes can't learn Height.

It just seemed to me while watching him play that whoever he was on defensively simply motored past him on the way to the hoop. It wasn't that he didn't try, but he couldn't keep up. Perhaps with some additional seasoning he could learn to overcome the speed problem by using better positioning on defense. Veterans learn to use their experience to be very crafty on defense when some of the speed of their youth declines.

Russ
03-13-2017, 10:54 PM
Forbes hit some big shots with the game on the line vs. Atl. Pop showed confidence in him to allow that to happen.

Spur Bank
03-14-2017, 12:08 AM
Lol at this entire thread. Like anyone on this forum has the slightest clue about his confidence.

Anyone who seriously thinks they can tell what's inside his head by watching these games is laughingly overestimating their ability to draw insight.

SAGirl
03-14-2017, 12:11 AM
And also, like you could form a definite opinion on 1 or 2 games. We shall see, just as one bad game where he didn't add much doesn't define him, neither does one good game he made a few shots. It was great to see though. :tu

Darius Bieber
03-14-2017, 12:16 AM
Doubt he gets much more playing time, but the kid does have a smooth shot.

DAF86
03-14-2017, 12:24 AM
Liked his stroke tonight. Maybe feeling like he belongs is all that he needs, tbh.

DPG21920
03-14-2017, 12:26 AM
I remember watching Gary Neal live at LVSL. It was pretty amazing. I remember seeing him and really knowing he had the talent to make it.

I don't see that with Forbes for various reasons (great shooter, but like Jimmer struggles vs NBA level atheletes getting open and doesn't do anything else well enough along with a lack of athleticism) but I hope he finds his NBA-legs.

dabom
03-14-2017, 12:30 AM
I remember watching Gary Neal live at LVSL. It was pretty amazing. I remember seeing him and really knowing he had the talent to make it.

I don't see that with Forbes for various reasons (great shooter, but like Jimmer struggles vs NBA level atheletes getting open and doesn't do anything else well enough along with a lack of athleticism) but I hope he finds his NBA-legs.

He's the ltn dan of the nba.

Solid D
03-14-2017, 12:31 AM
Forbes played his best defensive game so far. He stayed in front of his assignment more consistently, he hustled, he closed out, & he rotated much better. His buzzer jumper was clutch and came at a great time. I'm guessing that Pop was pleased.

DPG21920
03-14-2017, 12:31 AM
He's the ltn dan of the nba.

Lol

DPG21920
03-14-2017, 12:32 AM
Forbes played his best defensive game so far. He stayed in front of his assignment much better, he hustled, he closed out, & he rotated much better. His buzzer jumper was clutch and came at a great time.

And he didn't foul any 3PT shooters which is bonus points.

Solid D
03-14-2017, 12:33 AM
Yep

rjv
03-14-2017, 09:17 AM
maybe all the confidence simmons used to have went to forbes.

Chinook
03-14-2017, 09:33 AM

I wish I knew why Neal seems to hate the Spurs now. He'd've been a nice pickup for the stretch run with his ability to spot up and create for himself.

2013 was such a magical year. It sucks he didn't end with a ring.

sasaint
03-14-2017, 09:34 AM
I wish I knew why Neal seems to hate the Spurs now. He'd've been a nice pickup for the stretch run with his ability to spot up and create for himself.

2013 was such a magical year. It sucks he didn't end with a ring.

What makes you say that?

Chinook
03-14-2017, 09:41 AM
What makes you say that?

Perhaps I'm using too strong of language, but I was going off articles like this: http://news4sanantonio.com/sports/spurs-zone/ex-spur-gary-neal-supposedly-complained-about-popovich-labeled-a-horrible-teammate

You'd think he would be very pro-Spur, seeing as they helped launch his career and withdrew the QO to allow him to sign with MKE simply because he asked them to.

playbonner15
03-14-2017, 09:45 AM
It sucks he didn't end with a ring.
Yeah it was a waste but he chose to get paid. Unfortunately he became overconfident atter that series. But it looks like Pop is trying to find a humble Gary Neal in Forbes. Forbes plays much better defense but when Gary Neal is on he is on.

kaji157
03-14-2017, 10:05 AM
Perhaps I'm using too strong of language, but I was going off articles like this: http://news4sanantonio.com/sports/spurs-zone/ex-spur-gary-neal-supposedly-complained-about-popovich-labeled-a-horrible-teammate

You'd think he would be very pro-Spur, seeing as they helped launch his career and withdrew the QO to allow him to sign with MKE simply because he asked them to.

Wow, finally the reason he left and will never come back.

Ice009
03-14-2017, 10:07 AM
I loved Gary Neal, but his lack of defense and then leaving a shoe-less Miller open really turned me on him. I couldn't seem to get over some of the plays in of his in game 6 and 7.

It's too bad because he was such a lethal shooter when he was on. I loved it when he'd come out blazing and drilling 3s left, right and center.

I guess the Spurs had issues with him too as they let him go and didn't want to pay him anymore money than the qualifying offer. What do you guys think turned the Spurs off on him? His character? His play in the finals? Lack of defense? Why do you guys think the Spurs weren't that interested in bringing him back?

Edit : Just read that article. Seems like Neal has turned into a complete asshole since leaving the Spurs. If he acted anything like that while he was on the Spurs, then I can see why they didn't try too hard to bring him back.

Also, question, was he signed to a 3 year contract from the get go? If so, seems like the Spurs got a great deal at the rate they paid him.

SpursforSix
03-14-2017, 10:10 AM
I loved Gary Neal, but his lack of defense and then leaving a shoe-less Miller open really turned me on him. I couldn't seem to get over some of the plays in of his in game 6 and 7.

It's too bad because he was such a lethal shooter when he was on. I loved it when he'd come out blazing and drilling 3s left, right and center.

I guess the Spurs had issues with him too as they let him go and didn't want to pay him anymore money than the qualifying offer. What do you guys think turned the Spurs off on him? His character? His play in the finals? Lack of defense? Why do you guys think the Spurs weren't that interested in bringing him back?

I think that Pop believes he can plug in 3 point shooters into the offense. Especially when they had the ball movement they did back then. And if they aren't going to play good D, then they are considered pretty expendable. Gary Neal, Roger Mason Jr., etc.

Chinook
03-14-2017, 10:11 AM

I doubt it was anything on the court, as they did sign Beli to replace him. I think they assumed he'd get paid more than he did. But of course, who knows where he stood on the dust-up with Jack or team chemistry in general. On the court, he seemed well-liked, but I'm trying to remember if he has been greeted warmly by Spurs' players since he's been on other teams.