PDA

View Full Version : Somebody call Timmy pls

larrychen21
03-11-2017, 02:42 PM
We are short handed. But not sure if it's even possible for this season since he was waived

spursistan
03-11-2017, 02:44 PM
Spurs should seriously reach out to him, tbh..I know Timmy doesn't do comeback theatrics, but this would have its own context..

illusioNtEk
03-11-2017, 02:45 PM
TIM San Antonio needs you!!

Time to answer the call tbh

gambit1990
03-11-2017, 02:46 PM
i don't think he can sign this season.

i don't even think he can sign next season cause the spurs are still paying him.

TXstbobcat
03-11-2017, 02:48 PM
Timmy's heart would say yes but his knees would say hell no.

spursistan
03-11-2017, 02:49 PM
15 mpg role off the bench..

Chinook
03-11-2017, 02:52 PM
i don't think he can sign this season.

i don't even think he can sign next season cause the spurs are still paying him.

I think next year would be fine, as they wouldn't be paying had they not released him. The reason why it's dicey this year is because the Spurs could be accused of manipulating the cap. That pretty much goes away next year, since he would actually cost more against their cap than he would have had they not stretched him.

TheGreatYacht
03-11-2017, 02:56 PM
He's better than Deadman

spurraider21
03-11-2017, 02:59 PM
I think next year would be fine, as they wouldn't be paying had they not released him. The reason why it's dicey this year is because the Spurs could be accused of manipulating the cap. That pretty much goes away next year, since he would actually cost more against their cap than he would have had they not stretched him.they'd be "accused" of it, sure, but with aldridge having an injury at this point, i dont think people would question it

Emperor
03-11-2017, 03:06 PM
Ya are living in the past. The great Timmay is done. He knows that. You should too.

8FOR!3
03-11-2017, 03:16 PM
It's like asking John Wick to return. Let the guy be. Plus he, nor Gasol, nor Deadmon can play the 4. Maybe start David Lee and sign Scola and let him come off the bench. Unless we think Kyle or Bertans can start at the 4. I don't think that'll happen. L

Chinook
03-11-2017, 03:17 PM
they'd be "accused" of it, sure, but with aldridge having an injury at this point, i dont think people would question it

LMA would be back before Tim even got his legs under him (insofar as he's still able to do that). I don't disagree with the idea that most people would understand, though.

HarlemHeat37
03-11-2017, 03:23 PM
Please, no, he was a big reason they lost to OKC, tbh..

hater
03-11-2017, 03:55 PM
Wheres Kwame Brown or even. Etter, Andrew Bynum???

gambit1990
03-11-2017, 04:16 PM
I think next year would be fine, as they wouldn't be paying had they not released him. The reason why it's dicey this year is because the Spurs could be accused of manipulating the cap. That pretty much goes away next year, since he would actually cost more against their cap than he would have had they not stretched him.
at first i thought it would be fine. then i remembered the spurs are still paying him.

i can't remember a situation where a team was paying a player twice. i feel like that's prohibited.

cjw
03-11-2017, 04:20 PM
at first i thought it would be fine. then i remembered the spurs are still paying him.

i can't remember a situation where a team was paying a player twice. i feel like that's prohibited.

Think it would be a lot different had he not been stretched. But he was stretched because he retired. Time to go back to Larry Coon's website and figure it out in the 0.1% chance he wants to play.

gambit1990
03-11-2017, 04:23 PM
Think it would be a lot different had he not been stretched.
yes, that's my interpretation.

spurs are paying duncan the next two seasons. after those is when i think td would be eligible to play for us, i think.

SpurPadre
03-11-2017, 04:29 PM
Time to call our REAL savior:

http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/.element/media/2.0/teamsites/spurs/imgs/131010_ayres_roster.jpg

sananspursfan21
03-11-2017, 04:42 PM
Please, no, he was a big reason they lost to OKC, tbh..

With a heavy heart and a bit of a guilty conscience, I must agree.

illusioNtEk
03-11-2017, 04:45 PM
With a heavy heart and a bit of a guilty conscience, I must agree.
Ibaka no longer with them.... you think adams is going to stop tim ?

sananspursfan21
03-11-2017, 04:47 PM
Ibaka no longer with them.... you think adams is going to stop tim ?

Weeeeellllllll if I remember right, he kinda did. Could be wrong. It was a blurry and depressing series.

Chinook
03-11-2017, 05:19 PM

Oh, no. You definitely can "pay a player twice". That's definitely not illegal. The Spurs are paying Joel twice right now. You can even claim set-off rights against yourself. Chicago did that one year, but I can't seem to find the article about that. This is legal because, a) the player loses no money and b) the team's cap doesn't go down.

To clarify, every contract in the NBA is stretched. The newish thing is that teams can choose whether to count the stretching against the cap or to take the cap hit all at once. The actual payout is automatically pushed across the multiple years. No matter how the Spurs credited Tim's contract, they'd still be paying him next year.

As I had said, it's dicey this year because while Tim wouldn't lose money, the Spurs gained a good deal of cap space by stretching Tim. So you could think them signing him now was part of an under-the-table agreement. Sitting out a year, not only would they be free of the cap constraints that motivated them the first time, but Tim will have by all standards sat out as long as he needed to meet the requirements for legitimately retiring. So if the plan were to bring him back next summer, the smarter thing would have been for him to hang them up for a year and then come back in July after the Spurs use their cap space with his contract restored. There wasn't a need to stretch him.

GSH
03-11-2017, 05:38 PM
I hear Matt Bonner has been keeping himself in game shape.

SpurPadre
03-11-2017, 05:41 PM

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

Keepin' it real
03-11-2017, 05:43 PM

Bonner was NEVER in game shape.

Spurtacular
03-11-2017, 06:12 PM

Let 'em accuse, tbh.

8FOR!3
03-11-2017, 06:35 PM
Time to call our REAL savior:

http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/.element/media/2.0/teamsites/spurs/imgs/131010_ayres_roster.jpg

This is the most Jeff Ayres pose I've ever seen. #bringpendergraphback

lilbthebasedgod
03-11-2017, 06:46 PM
Unironically want ayers back. I don't want him to play though in any serious minutes. He's fun and a good guy.

Play Boban
03-11-2017, 06:54 PM
He's better than Deadman
Deadman is trash tbh. :bobo

Play Boban
03-11-2017, 06:55 PM
Bonner was NEVER in game shape.
He is/was in better shape than you.

100%duncan
03-11-2017, 07:42 PM
Ya are living in the past. The great Timmay is done. He knows that. You should too.

DeRozan m8
03-11-2017, 09:14 PM
Timmy was done last season tbh

spursparker9
03-11-2017, 09:45 PM
Get Scola!

Manu probably gonna retire after this season, might as well send the 2 best Argentinean basketball player a farewell season together