PDA

View Full Version : Such a frustrating season..

spursistan
03-11-2017, 04:00 PM
Have we even had our full roster healthy for more than 20 games this year?

One after the other, key rotation players have taken turns getting sidelined by injuries (Green, Parker, Dedmon, Pau, LMA etc)..Others have been in and out of lineup for variety of small ailments and nags (Kawhi, Parker again, Simmons)-- all added to Pop ladling out random DNP rests..

This team has built no chemistry at all..Outside a three week stretch in December when they showed a glimpse of high ceiling spearheaded by a frisky TP and everyone hitting on all cylinders, we still don't know exactly what we have in them..

That first round of the playoffs--likely as 2nd seed-- has suddenly become danger zone if we limp through the rest of way..

TXstbobcat
03-11-2017, 04:03 PM
At worst the Spurs will have the two seed and will have home-court advantage in the first two rounds of the playoffs. The most important thing at this point is getting everybody healthy and in rhythm by the time the playoffs start.

8FOR!3
03-11-2017, 04:03 PM
Trust the process

hater
03-11-2017, 04:04 PM
Lets agree all 3 top teams are having frustrating seasons.

Cavs have their love/bugut issues. Worriers Ethiopantula hurt and Eliancito sucking.

And us.

Sadly nobody can beat a healthy tandem of Kylia and Leroids so nobody is beating the Cavs.

We werent beating him with Lamar anyways

DieHardSpursFan1537
03-11-2017, 04:07 PM
We're not alone. Warriors got fucked with Kevin Durant, the Meme Bros are slumping now, and the Cavaliers lost Andrew Bogut in his very first game.

TD 21
03-11-2017, 04:10 PM
Often lost amid the unparalleled success of the past 20 years, is this team has often had bad luck and a propensity to blow big games and there was no reason to expect this season to be any different.

While obviously frustrating, this team was similar to the '16 one and not all that different from the '15 one too. It's been the same issues that I've discussed at nauseam, so I won't bother repeating them, but the ceiling was always a WCF loss and until we know more about Aldridge's timeline, that's technically still in play; though personally I don't think they get out of the WCSF at this point.

Prose
03-11-2017, 04:31 PM
we were the talk of the league just 2 nights ago! everything is falling apart :/

SpurPadre
03-11-2017, 04:34 PM
we were the talk of the league just 2 nights ago! everything is falling apart :/

Actually, Kawhi was the talk of the league two nights ago. No one, outside us fans, has thought Kawhi has enough support for the team to win it all, tbh.

Prose
03-11-2017, 04:40 PM
we were slated to beat OKC then overcome the 4 game deficit tonight when we beat an injured warriors team but all this happened :( it feels exactly the same as when we lost to NO the last night of the season and fell from 2 to 6th seed and had to play clippers at home in the first round

K...
03-11-2017, 04:43 PM
the lack of chemistry is mostly the lack of prime Gino. Many fans are going to be brutally pained to realized what talent even the sucky duncan teams had.

itzsoweezee
03-11-2017, 04:47 PM
On the positive side, the front office's moves in the offseason have turned out to be outstanding. Gasol, Dedmon, Lee, and Bertans have made huge impacts all year. Now they're going to help the Spurs stay afloat while LMA is out.

Keepin' it real
03-11-2017, 04:50 PM
Such a frustrating season..

WTF??? 1.5 games behind mighty GSW for top seed in the playoffs. Kawhi looking extraordinary. And this in spite of Timmy retiring.

Your frustration is my elation.

Proxy
03-11-2017, 05:01 PM
WTF??? 1.5 games behind mighty GSW for top seed in the playoffs. Kawhi looking extraordinary. And this in spite of Timmy retiring.

Your frustration is my elation.

yup

sasaint
03-11-2017, 05:05 PM
On the positive side, the front office's moves in the offseason have turned out to be outstanding. Gasol, Dedmon, Lee, and Bertans have made huge impacts all year. Now they're going to help the Spurs stay afloat while LMA is out.

Lee has greatly exceeded expectations. Gasol has met expectations. Deadman seemed to exceed expectations but has regressed recently. Bertans has been under-utilized. In order for the Spurs to contend without LMA, Lee and Gasol will have to maintain their level of play, and Deadman and Bertans (along with Kyle) will have to step up their games.

dabom
03-11-2017, 05:08 PM
OP is a crying faggot. I'm tired of the shtick. :lmao

Uriel
03-11-2017, 09:13 PM
Often lost amid the unparalleled success of the past 20 years, is this team has often had bad luck and a propensity to blow big games and there was no reason to expect this season to be any different.

While obviously frustrating, this team was similar to the '16 one and not all that different from the '15 one too. It's been the same issues that I've discussed at nauseam, so I won't bother repeating them, but the ceiling was always a WCF loss and until we know more about Aldridge's timeline, that's technically still in play; though personally I don't think they get out of the WCSF at this point.
Aldridge will be back before the playoffs. Baring injury, the Spurs will make the WCF.

pgardn
03-11-2017, 09:16 PM
Without Tim it's been surprisingly good imo.

KL and LMA time.

ducks
03-11-2017, 11:28 PM
Yes the season sucks 17 games left and tied for least amount of losses with one team
Clearly need to blow it up especially since the other team spurs are tied with have no debth

kaji157
03-11-2017, 11:35 PM
If the LMA thing doesnt escalate more than a week or two i dont think is that bad.

Mr. Body
03-11-2017, 11:37 PM
Suck it up. There's plenty of time for LMA to get squared away and come back at some point in the playoffs. Better now than a month from now.

AFMadison
03-12-2017, 12:33 AM
Have we even had our full roster healthy for more than 20 games this year?

One after the other, key rotation players have taken turns getting sidelined by injuries (Green, Parker, Dedmon, Pau, LMA etc)..Others have been in and out of lineup for variety of small ailments and nags (Kawhi, Parker again, Simmons)-- all added to Pop ladling out random DNP rests..

This team has built no chemistry at all..Outside a three week stretch in December when they showed a glimpse of high ceiling spearheaded by a frisky TP and everyone hitting on all cylinders, we still don't know exactly what we have in them..

That first round of the playoffs--likely as 2nd seed-- has suddenly become danger zone if we limp through the rest of way..

Reminds me of the 2014 season, which ended with a championship.