PDA

View Full Version : Getting your money back...

ElNono
03-11-2017, 11:18 PM
from your cable company if Mark Jackson is calling your game, tbh... is there any way?

dabom
03-11-2017, 11:19 PM
Simple, if you can't afford, don't buy it. Goes for everything in fucking life. :lol

ElNono
03-11-2017, 11:20 PM
'The great Larry Bird will just come out and play'... ughhhh

TheGreatYacht
03-11-2017, 11:23 PM
Late in the first half Jackson said Pop brought Green in for "shooting" lmfao :lol this guy

lilbthebasedgod
03-11-2017, 11:41 PM
Not any worse than our guys. Sean is such a ridiculous homer that its unbearable.

spurs10
03-11-2017, 11:45 PM
Not any worse than our guys. Sean is such a ridiculous homer that its unbearable.
Sean has his jersey hanging from the rafters and works for the Spurs. Who is he supposed to root for?

lilbthebasedgod
03-11-2017, 11:46 PM
Sean has his jersey hanging from the rafters and works for the Spurs. Who is he supposed to root for?
I get his role, but its still awful to hear such extreme bias. He's like a more lighthearted version of the rockets announcers but gets a pass from us.

pgardn
03-11-2017, 11:50 PM

Sean can speak English and laugh. And Sean will criticize the Spurs profusely.

"Hand down, man down"

Jackson is the worst. Bring Bill Walton back for Christsakes...

TXstbobcat
03-11-2017, 11:51 PM
I get his role, but its still awful to hear such extreme bias. He's like a more lighthearted version of the rockets announcers but gets a pass from us.

the Rockets announcers are terrible. Clyde Drexler and Bill Worrell are awful. Sean is 100 times better as an announcer.

timtonymanu
03-11-2017, 11:51 PM
People kind of overrate Sean's homerism these days. He's not any different from your average home broadcaster. If anything people I know find Bill Land and his catch phrases more obnoxious

lilbthebasedgod
03-11-2017, 11:55 PM
Yeah, the catch phrases are annoying.

And yes, sean does criticize the team, but still does it from a we perspective.

Also yeah the rockets are way worse. Just saying its similar.

spurs10
03-12-2017, 02:01 AM
People kind of overrate Sean's homerism these days. He's not any different from your average home broadcaster. If anything people I know find Bill Land and his catch phrases more obnoxious :lol

Yeah, the catch phrases are annoying.

And yes, sean does criticize the team, but still does it from a we perspective.

Also yeah the rockets are way worse. Just saying its similar. Oh Mama! I don't know what you two are talking about! :toast

ElNono
03-12-2017, 05:33 AM

Has nothing to do with homer-ism. Dude is the epitome of antiquated, uninformed, old media takes.

His proposed 'rule' of 'if healthy, you play' is a completely uninformed take that wouldn't prevent any of this resting, as any modern health study will tell you that the lack of proper rest, especially after flying and changing timezones is actually pretty unhealthy.

On top of that he keeps fellating the 'good old days' of 'Larry Bird and Kobe Bryant', at a time where the NBA is at it's peak of popularity, and the fact that it's not the current's players call to sit out games, tbh...

I know some people hate Van Gundy hyperbole schtick too, but at least you can tell the guy has an understanding of the fact that there's simply too many games in too little time and the schedule can be absolutely non-sensical at times, and that's why this happens.

BillMc
03-12-2017, 05:43 AM
the Rockets announcers are terrible. Clyde Drexler and Bill Worrell are awful. Sean is 100 times better as an announcer.
This.

Chinook
03-12-2017, 07:21 AM

I really don't know if it's extreme. He apparently just doesn't talk about the other team. I've seen much worse in terms of actually saying whether calls are legit or not from Sean. Then of course, you add in that he's better at breaking down a game than any announcer out there (or at least the networks aren't letting them do it), and you get a much better experience.

Barfunk
03-12-2017, 09:48 AM
I have heard this maybe a couple of times on here, and it's pure bullshit. Sean is constantly giving credit where due to the other team.

phxspurfan
03-12-2017, 12:52 PM
People kind of overrate Sean's homerism these days. He's not any different from your average home broadcaster. If anything people I know find Bill Land and his catch phrases more obnoxious

I'd much rather have Oh Mama
jGnJ0uUgJIw
4FmLSPSw2L8

than...a dead guy
XW3HOmRKqmE

a mini James Worthy lol
f88RnF7NlaE

a little Pele'
HZ5-bCwl8DU

james evans
03-12-2017, 01:00 PM
have you ever watched a spurs game on another team's channel? They make ****** look like an angel with their bias.

Spurtacular
03-12-2017, 01:13 PM
How about that snowflake broadcast by ABC?

'Everyone should play, cos it's not fair to the fans. Teams shouldn't smartly be injury averse or properly rest their players. Boo hoo!'

:lmao Little Emilio

UZER
03-12-2017, 01:29 PM
Sean is a homer, but not a conspiracy theorists homer. The rockets announcers think they deserve every single call and if it doesn't go their way, the bitch and bitch loudly during the broadcast.

K...
03-12-2017, 02:13 PM
have you ever watched a spurs game on another team's channel? They make ****** look like an angel with their bias.

This is what calling a game like is for a consistently losing team. People don't watch sacto or the magic expecting to win, so naturally, you talk about the other team more for these lopsided games.