PDA

View Full Version : Are the Warriors imploding?

sananspursfan21
03-12-2017, 02:09 AM
The Iguodala comments (no doubt they were at Kerr), the Durant injury, the resting stars who never returned to the bench area, the 5 out of 7 losses, this doesn't look good at all :stirpot:

What a time to be a Spurs fan (hoping for Aldridge's good health albeit). Can't wait for America to be off this stupid Warriors bandwagon bull

SAGirl
03-12-2017, 02:15 AM
Intriguing. :stirpot:
some guys were quoting comments from GSW fans from their forums and such. There are concerns they have issues.
I can't tell as I don't follow them at all... but the stars that were rested were dressed to play and exited the bench at the half and did not return. We made comments in the game thread that it was a sign of not being good teammates, but in reality could be a sign of protest.

The game was winnable for them I imagine the players thought. From their POV, it wasn't so much a sign of not being good teammates to the efforts their roleplayer teammates were making, but a sign of frustration with the coaching decision to sit them all. Just a guess.

sananspursfan21
03-12-2017, 02:20 AM
Intriguing. :stirpot:
some guys were quoting comments from GSW fans from their forums and such. There are concerns they have issues.
I can't tell as I don't follow them at all... but the stars that were rested were dressed to play and exited the bench at the half and did not return. We made comments in the game thread that it was a sign of not being good teammates, but in reality could be a sign of protest.

The game was winnable for them I imagine the players thought. From their POV, it wasn't so much a sign of not being good teammates to the efforts their roleplayer teammates were making, but a sign of frustration with the coaching decision to sit them all. Just a guess.

You're right, very well could be protest...which I'm not so sure is a good thing for team chemistry either. Regardless of intent, they still look over and see no Klay or Steph. That's gotta still affect your confidence as a young player trying to hold the fort for your starters. It's possible I'm reading too far into it, but I don't know if I'm a Warriors fan, I don't like the look of this at all. And Iggy sure made a bold move in a locker room interview after the Wolves game. I'm just a spectactor here :toast

Mr. Body
03-12-2017, 02:30 AM
They've had problems all year. They've tried to play tough guys to bluster past it, but their chemistry has never been good. Once they had to grind it out, you wondered what kind of core they had. I wonder if Kerr made a major mistake resting guys; beating the Spurs at their arena even without two of their starters would have reignited them. Now, because they have no inner strength, they may start chipping at each other.

sananspursfan21
03-12-2017, 02:33 AM
That would be so cool ^

tmtcsc
03-12-2017, 02:51 AM
I'm not worried about the Spurs getting past the Warriors, I'm concerned about some shitty-ass team out-muscling and efforting the Spurs in the playoffs. See LA Clippers (2015 playoffs), OKC Thunder (2016 playoffs). Those losses were pretty fucking pathetic and inexcusable. This team better stop relying on KL to do everything for them.

daslicer
03-12-2017, 02:53 AM
It's still too early to assume that that they are beyond repair when it comes to their chemistry problems. I remember thinking way back during the '00-'01 the Lakers were going to go down the toilet due to all the infighting Shaq and Kobe was having that year but unfortunately it still ended up working out for them. We'll see how the Warriors respond once Durant comes back.

szkorhetz
03-12-2017, 02:53 AM
If the Durant injury doesn't happen, they would still easily win the West.
Once Durbeta is back, they will all get their confidence back and they will kick ass. Even if they aren't as dominant as last year's team, they are still historically good and efficient.

phxspurfan
03-12-2017, 03:07 AM
The Durant trade was a huge mistake. They got rid of all their glue guys and messed up the chemistry and roles.

Hoops Czar
03-12-2017, 03:44 AM
The Durant trade was a huge mistake. They got rid of all their glue guys and messed up the chemistry and roles.

GS didn't trade for Durant and the signing was less of a mistake than the Aldridge signing. This comment is even more surreal when you factor in how Spurstalk went goo goo over Durant in the offseason, wanting, hoping and praying that he'd somehow end up signing with the Spurs.:lol

03-12-2017, 04:16 AM
Like FkLA pointed out in the game thread, it was pretty dickish of mouthpiece, mouth breather, and the other two, not coming out to support the rest team on the bench in second half. Definitely doesn't contribute to better chemistry if anything.

cd021
03-12-2017, 05:05 AM

To be fair, Bogut wasn't very good and is out for the season, Ezeli never played and will be a FA after this season once he gets released. Durant for Harry B. is an absolute no brainer.

Next season it could be much worse, they may lose Iggy and Livingston if KD takes the full max. They'd probably be limited to their cheap young players and vet ring chasers.

The trade [off] then would still probably be worth it, even though their depth would be paper thin.

Chinook
03-12-2017, 07:52 AM
I think Iggy's comments were more directed at the league playing them so much. Kerr clearly isn't a Mark Jackson--type coach with a "play harder" attitude. But given how terrible their schedule must have been on their bodies recently, I can imagine they're chippy when it comes to people ignoring that. When you've been beat up like that, you can't just fall back on "play harder", but you hear that for people who are like, "I am tired from sitting on my ass all day, and I'm here" like that's the same fucking thing as being fatigued and in pain from being an athlete.

I assume they were trying to be Spurs-like when they were originally on the bench. Thing is, the Spurs have had decent-to-great depth recently, so even a game like this was an easy win. So it's easier to root for guys who know are going to play well and play hard. The facade well away at half-time. Maybe they were being heckled for not playing by the fans behind him who paid a shit-ton of money to watch them. Maybe they thought they were being a distraction to the young guys. Maybe they were mad at Kerr. In any event, they were trying to fake having good chemistry and failed.

I blame West.

MultiTroll
03-12-2017, 08:04 AM
Iggys "gonna be some change".
What was that?

UZER
03-12-2017, 08:04 AM
I think Iggy's comments were more directed at the league playing them so much. Kerr clearly isn't a Mark Jackson--type coach with a "play harder" attitude. But given how terrible their schedule must have been on their bodies recently, I can imagine they're chippy when it comes to people ignoring that. When you've been beat up like that, you can't just fall back on "play harder", but you hear that for people who are like, "I am tired from sitting on my ass all day, and I'm here" like that's the same fucking thing as being fatigued and in pain from being an athlete.

I assume they were trying to be Spurs-like when they were originally on the bench. Thing is, the Spurs have had decent-to-great depth recently, so even a game like this was an easy win. So it's easier to root for guys who know are going to play well and play hard. The facade well away at half-time. Maybe they were being heckled for not playing by the fans behind him who paid a shit-ton of money to watch them. Maybe they thought they were being a distraction to the young guys. Maybe they were mad at Kerr. In any event, they were trying to fake having good chemistry and failed.

I blame West.

Other teams / players go through tough stretches but takes it in stride and deal with it like men. Evej if they rest, they do so and go about their business. Why do the warriors have to get all pissy and throw visible hissy fits because it's tough on them? :cry

Dammit these dudes are spoiled brats.

Chinook
03-12-2017, 08:11 AM
Other teams / players go through tough stretches but takes it in stride and deal with it like men. Evej if they rest, they do so and go about their business. Why do the warriors have to get all pissy and throw visible hissy fits because it's tough on them? :cry

Dammit these dudes are spoiled brats.

Complaining like this is what's gotten them a longer ASB and an earlier start to the season. If everyone hated it but didn't say anything, nothing would change. Then you factor in that the Warriors have a lot more pressure on them than most teams, you can understand why they can't just laugh it off all the time.

UZER
03-12-2017, 08:13 AM
Complaining like this is what's gotten them a longer ASB and an earlier start to the season. If everyone hated it but didn't say anything, nothing would change. Then you factor in that the Warriors have a lot more pressure on them than most teams, you can understand why they can't just laugh it off all the time.

More pressure. :cry

C'mon man, that's a lame excuse.

cd98
03-12-2017, 08:32 AM
If the Warriors wanted to make a statement to the NBA about the schedule, sitting their starters in a nationally televised game was the way to do it.

picnroll
03-12-2017, 08:38 AM
Future looks very cloudy for the Warriors. If Durant wants the max they can't keep Iggy or Livingston (who's fallen off this year). Zaza will likely get a better offer elsewhere. They have rights on Clark but he'll cost them some to keep. West will likely take his bandwagon elsewhere. That leaves McCaw, Looney and McAdoo. They're screwed next year.

BillMc
03-12-2017, 08:39 AM
The starters leaving the bench for the second half was a crass move no matter the agenda. You stay out there and support your teammates no matter if you're mad at the league, your coach or feeling embarrassed that losing to thhe Spurs is beneath you. It shows an elitist divide between the "haves" and "have nots" on that team.

MultiTroll
03-12-2017, 08:48 AM
The starters leaving the bench for the second half was a crass move no matter the agenda. You stay out there and support your teammates no matter if you're mad at the league, your coach or feeling embarrassed that losing to thhe Spurs is beneath you. It shows an elitist divide between the "haves" and "have nots" on that team.

Raven
03-12-2017, 08:49 AM
they can build their bench through the draft tbh

UZER
03-12-2017, 09:06 AM

Exactly!!

UZER
03-12-2017, 09:13 AM
If the guys are so serious about "my body hurts" then put pressure on the league to cut down the number of games in a season. But they won't do it because they'd have to take less money. The guys just want to have their cake and eat it too.

Again, every single team / players deals with this. Only the warriors players feel the need act out in some sort of childlike behavior publicly. It doesn't matter if their protesting the league or coach. They just have to do something for attention. If they didn't have a track record of being such whiners and bitches, leaving the bench mid game probably wouldn't have been as big deal. But they've proven how they act is who they are.

BillMc
03-12-2017, 09:18 AM
If the guys are so serious about "my body hurts" then put pressure on the league to cut down the number of games in a season. But they won't do it because they'd have to take less money. The guys just want to have their cake and eat it too.

Again, every single team / players deals with this. Only the warriors players feel the need act out in some sort of childlike behavior publicly. It doesn't matter if their protesting the league or coach. They just have to do something for attention. If they didn't have a track record of being such whiners and bitches, leaving the bench mid game probably wouldn't have been as big deal. But they've proven how they act is who they are.

Agree completely

BG_Spurs_Fan
03-12-2017, 09:23 AM
they can build their bench through the draft tbh

If only they had any picks :lol

picnroll
03-12-2017, 09:37 AM
Yep. Tough to rebuild with the draft when you've traded all your picks away.

cd98
03-12-2017, 09:51 AM
I love how the NBA and beat writers looked for excuses to explain Green calling Dolan a slave master. Then Igudola opens his mouth and now everyone has to come up with a way to rationalize his statements. If anyone in the media had the balls to call out players for these stupid statements, I would think is world wasn't going to complete hell.

Seventyniner
03-12-2017, 10:03 AM
I love how the NBA and beat writers looked for excuses to explain Green calling Dolan a slave master. Then Igudola opens his mouth and now everyone has to come up with a way to rationalize his statements. If anyone in the media had the balls to call out players for these stupid statements, I would think is world wasn't going to complete hell.

Mark Jackson and JVG said the same thing during the game so I give them some credit there.

mudyez
03-12-2017, 10:23 AM
Mark Jackson and JVG said the same thing during the game so I give them some credit there.

Yeah, can't say enough, how much I love JVG!

FkLA
03-12-2017, 10:39 AM

Completely agree. It was a clique-ish move. Once the role players started getting their ass kicked they wanted to separate themselves from that. I'm assuming if the game was close they come out for the second half.

FkLA
03-12-2017, 10:42 AM
Were they asked about it postgame btw?

hater
03-12-2017, 11:01 AM
If the Durant injury doesn't happen, they would still easily win the West.
Once Durbeta is back, they will all get their confidence back and they will kick ass. Even if they aren't as dominant as last year's team, they are still historically good and efficient.

Pretty much the best comment in this thread so far. Worriers will still easily win the West.

Prose
03-12-2017, 11:11 AM
The Iguodala comments (no doubt they were at Kerr)

actually i interpreted they were directed at the league....that would go in line with the team making a statement on ABC vs the spurs to stick it to the league for the ridiculous schedule. The "master" is the league and owners and the "slaves" are the predominately black players

BillMc
03-12-2017, 11:16 AM
Completely agree. It was a clique-ish move. Once the role players started getting their ass kicked they wanted to separate themselves from that. I'm assuming if the game was close they come out for the second half.

Exactly. What if their scrubs had rallied and made it close in the fourth? Would the elite crew come out of the locker room to support them then? That would have been a sad sight. Clique-ish is the right word.

skulls138
03-12-2017, 11:19 AM
It was getting a little old with the commentators trying to tell us how to feel about resting the starters. Sure make a point about it but move on. I felt like they were trying to brainwash me.

Raven
03-12-2017, 11:29 AM

well, they already have some players that need minutes such as mcadoo and mccaw and it doesn't take much to get second rounders.. not to mention, many pure defenders with no offensive game don't even get to be drafted..
granted, the upside is very capped, but they can make players look better than they are.

Splits
03-12-2017, 12:02 PM
Were they asked about it postgame btw?

Yes. They said they heard about poor little Emilio during the break so they spent the 2nd half with him in the locker room.

Chinook
03-12-2017, 12:41 PM
Maybe they were trying to find out where Kawhi was so they could start recruiting him.

james evans
03-12-2017, 12:58 PM
The Iguodala comments (no doubt they were at Kerr), the Durant injury, the resting stars who never returned to the bench area, the 5 out of 7 losses, this doesn't look good at all :stirpot:

What a time to be a Spurs fan (hoping for Aldridge's good health albeit). Can't wait for America to be off this stupid Warriors bandwagon bull
then the bandwagoners will just find a new team to dick ride that ESPN hops on their dick

sasaint
03-12-2017, 12:58 PM
It was getting a little old with the commentators trying to tell us how to feel about resting the starters. Sure make a point about it but move on. I felt like they were trying to brow-beat me.

Fify

sasaint
03-12-2017, 01:05 PM
then the bandwagoners will just find a new team to dick ride that ESPN hops on their dick

If Ainge were to make a smart trade, the Celtics would be that team. But Danny has been too tight-fisted with his embarrassment of riches that he has really squandered them to this point. Jared Sullinger... R J Hunter...

dabom
03-12-2017, 01:08 PM
Maybe they were trying to find out where Kawhi was so they could start recruiting him.

:lol

Keepin' it real
03-12-2017, 01:28 PM
It was getting a little old with the commentators trying to tell us how to feel about resting the starters. Sure make a point about it but move on. I felt like they were trying to brainwash me.

They didn't talk about it enough. The problem is severe and needs to be talked about until something is done about it.

DieHardSpursFan1537
03-12-2017, 01:43 PM

spurs10
03-12-2017, 02:09 PM
So they spent the entire second half with a little boy in the locker room? I guess actually watch a basketball game and supporting their team was not a big deal. I'm not buying it. :lol

cd98
03-12-2017, 02:33 PM
actually i interpreted they were directed at the league....that would go in line with the team making a statement on ABC vs the spurs to stick it to the league for the ridiculous schedule. The "master" is the league and owners and the "slaves" are the predominately black players

I hope so. It highlights just how out of touch and ignorant some of these guys are. Equating the league and it's scheduling to slavery is a joke. Slaves weren't paid millions and treated like spoiled brats. These guys have no understanding of slavery if they think the NBA schedule is anything like that. The people that make the schedule make far less than the players and the association provides a platform for players to make millions and unionize when they disagree with team owners. How many people on this earth would be willing to play 4 games in 5 nights to make millions? Not saying there isn't a gripe in all this, but stop with these lazy slavery comparisons that aren't remotely legit.

skulls138
03-12-2017, 02:48 PM
They didn't talk about it enough. The problem is severe and needs to be talked about until something is done about it.By all means do something about it but I dont need to be told how to feel or think. Ive got my own opinions right or wrong. Also while theyre at it stop doing so many back 2 backs, which is not the way it used to be, and whats up with having them play the Spurs on the second night after back 2 backs...twice!! We play them the first game of the season and the last two, are, for GSW, the second night of back 2 backs. That seems kind of fishy.

Chews
03-12-2017, 03:16 PM
I hope so. It highlights just how out of touch and ignorant some of these guys are. Equating the league and it's scheduling to slavery is a joke. Slaves weren't paid millions and treated like spoiled brats. These guys have no understanding of slavery if they think the NBA schedule is anything like that. The people that make the schedule make far less than the players and the association provides a platform for players to make millions and unionize when they disagree with team owners. How many people on this earth would be willing to play 4 games in 5 nights to make millions? Not saying there isn't a gripe in all this, but stop with these lazy slavery comparisons that aren't remotely legit.

SupremeGuy
03-12-2017, 05:24 PM

Again, every single team / players deals with this. Only the warriors players feel the need act out in some sort of childlike behavior publicly. It doesn't matter if their protesting the league or coach. They just have to do something for attention. If they didn't have a track record of being such whiners and bitches, leaving the bench mid game probably wouldn't have been as big deal. But they've proven how they act is who they are.This.

TD 21
03-12-2017, 05:56 PM

Agreed that both were stupid, but people have to use common sense to. I highly doubt Iguodala was literally saying playing in the NBA is akin to being a slave. People should focus less on the analogy and more on the point, which was: even though the schedule has gotten slightly better in recent seasons and minutes have been cut back some, the league has been running their athletes into the ground since it's inception and the fact that used to do it even more so and the players make so much more today, doesn't make doing so today (when so much more is known about the effects) right.

Most things have advanced or changed altogether, but basketball isn't supposed to? Imagine if everything in life essentially amounted to "it wasn't like that in my day".

As far as Van Gundy, his incessant complaining ran it's course long ago. If him, Barkley and all the other hypocrites who get paid hefty salaries to talk about the league, are so disgusted by it, then quit. They rail on about professionalism, only to constantly go off on tangents, many of which are off topic.

Spur|n|Austin
03-12-2017, 06:08 PM

rasuo214
03-12-2017, 07:35 PM

Right? Poor guys have to suffer 10-15 years of "slave labor" (that they chose to do and could stop at any point if they wanted to) to make enough money where they can retire in their mid 30s and be set for life (assuming they aren't complete idiots with their money) and unlike Football most of them aren't stuck with concussion issues or the severe injuries that completely fuck their body up.

cd021
03-12-2017, 07:49 PM
Yep. Tough to rebuild with the draft when you've traded all your picks away.

Traded several picks to Utah to get rid of Jefferson and other trash so they could sign Iggy (who may wind up leaving in FA)

They don't have a pick this year and their bench could be either really young and inexperienced, old and washed, or a combo of both next season as a result.

SnakeBoy
03-12-2017, 08:01 PM
They didn't talk about it enough. The problem is severe and needs to be talked about until something is done about it.

lol they spent the whole game whining about it instead of calling the game

pgardn
03-12-2017, 08:10 PM
Pretty much the best comment in this thread so far. Worriers will still easily win the West.

Kiss of death.

Goodbye GS.

cutewizard
03-12-2017, 10:51 PM
warriors, drama more and implode more,

and have more injuries,

expand your pathetic lives gs

skulls138
03-13-2017, 12:55 AM
warriors, drama more and implode more,

and have more injuries,

expand your pathetic lives gsIm done with GSWs drama. Im ready for all teams to be 100%, mentally and physically, and "lets see what happens", as Timmy D would say.

Uriel
03-13-2017, 02:07 AM
The dismissal of and overconfidence against the Warriors in this forum is incredible. :lol

Pre-Durant injury, some advanced metrics had them ranked as the greatest team in NBA history. Now they go through a rough stretch in their schedule without their leading scorer and predictably lose some games, and now people are acting like they're less of a threat than the Clippers? :rolleyes

Durant will be back by the playoffs and the Warriors will be favored over the Spurs in a 7-game series even if we do get home court advantage. Sorry to break it to you, but that's the reality.

Chinook
03-13-2017, 07:03 AM
The dismissal of and overconfidence against the Warriors in this forum is incredible. :lol

Pre-Durant injury, some advanced metrics had them ranked as the greatest team in NBA history. Now they go through a rough stretch in their schedule without their leading scorer and predictably lose some games, and now people are acting like they're less of a threat than the Clippers? :rolleyes

Durant will be back by the playoffs and the Warriors will be favored over the Spurs in a 7-game series even if we do get home court advantage. Sorry to break it to you, but that's the reality.

Says the dude who was making those threads about how the Spurs should have been the title favorites last year due to their metrics...

The Warriors are not the same match-up problem for the Spurs as a healthy and clicking Clippers team is. Fuck any numbers that suggest otherwise. GS is great when healthy and in sync because they have so much talent, but the path to beat them is much, much clearer. Now with the legit possibilities that a) Durant won't be 100 percent in the playoffs and b) the Spurs will have HCA and an easier half of the bracket and you scenarios which most models aren't predicting.

szkorhetz
03-13-2017, 07:41 AM
Says the dude who was making those threads about how the Spurs should have been the title favorites last year due to their metrics...

The Warriors are not the same match-up problem for the Spurs as a healthy and clicking Clippers team is. Fuck any numbers that suggest otherwise. GS is great when healthy and in sync because they have so much talent, but the path to beat them is much, much clearer. Now with the legit possibilities that a) Durant won't be 100 percent in the playoffs and b) the Spurs will have HCA and an easier half of the bracket and you scenarios which most models aren't predicting.
How in the world would we match-up better against GSW than the Clippers? Against the Warriors Gasol will almost be unplayable, Parker will be roasted against both teams, we will be unable to defend the P&R's from both of them, but Warriors are a much better shooting team, the only advantage the Clippers is having is their better rebounding and physicality, but GSW is better in every other aspect.
The Clippers fear is overvalued in this board, and while we don't match up with them particularly good, they got 2 non-offensive player in the SL, and Dedmon and Lee should mask most of their front-line advantage, while Parker (in his recent form) is a liability against every single team, but more favorable to be hidden on Redick than on Thompson...

If GSW will be back to at least 75% of what they had before the Durant injury, no one is beating them this year, and they would likely wreck is in 5.

And yeah, from the West, the Clippers match-up with them the best. That would be a series to watch, therefore I would prefer us to have the second seed and play the Grizz-Rockets rather than the Nuggets/Blaizers-Clippers.

Chinook
03-13-2017, 08:01 AM
How in the world would we match-up better against GSW than the Clippers?

Because they aren't the same type of teams at all? What the Spurs do well is something GS is weak to but LAC isn't. Being a good/bad match-up and being a better/worse team are two different things. MKE is a horrible match-up for GS, but they'd probably sweep them.

Against the Warriors Gasol will almost be unplayable Parker will be roasted against both teams, we will be unable to defend the P&R's from both of them

None of this is true. The Warriors are not going to get out of their offense to start feature Zaza "abusing" Pau. Nor will they worry about exploiting Parker. If they do either of those things, the Spurs will win. Having weak points in your D is perfectly fine if you know what they are beforehand.

Warriors are a much better shooting team, the only advantage the Clippers is having is their better rebounding and physicality, but GSW is better in every other aspect.

The Clippers have a much better bench, a better PG (especially this year), a better center and generally a front court that will be much harder to exploit than GS'. There isn't really a clear path to beating them, despite the Spurs being a better team. What's the strategy, to just "be better" than them?

The Clippers fear is overvalued in this board, and while we don't match up with them particularly good, they got 2 non-offensive player in the SL,

Jordan would be the third-leading scorer on the Spurs this year.

and Dedmon and Lee should mask most of their front-line advantage

Whereas they'd be a huge plus against GS.

, while Parker (in his recent form) is a liability against every single team.

I actually think Tony will be fine. The extent to which he's a liability (especially defensively) massively overstated.

TampaDude
03-13-2017, 08:52 AM
The games aren't played on paper. Let's see what happens.

superbigtime
03-13-2017, 09:54 AM

YES!

coachmac87
03-13-2017, 10:13 AM
I think there's a combination of things going on...

1) Durant injury is really putting a dark cloud over the team. When the diagnosis came out I immediately thought it was a 6-8 week injury. He will be re-evaluated in 4 weeks people assumed he'd be ok.. but I just don't think there's any way he's back in 4 weeks. They know they have ZERO chance winning a title without him and with the "unknown" lurking over then it could really put people on edge. Memphis being the 7th seed is BAD NEWS for them if they fall to #2 seed.

2) Curry lost his super powers..Curry just isn't the same player anymore. I dunno if he can get it back but he's just not putting fear into opponents..he's not the best or 2nd best player in the world anymore..he's more like the 10th who takes bad shots, can t defend and still turns it over. All his flaws in his game are rising to the top. He was the 2x MVP but now is s guy who won't get a single vote this year..

3) The long term plan has a chance to blow up in their faces...Winning cures all. But if the Warriors fail to win the title they'll be the biggest failure in sports..and that's following lasts years 3-1 hashtag. I think it's pretty obvious the transiston hasn't been smooth as we see what's starting to happen when they're losing. I think EVERYONE expected them to win it this year so the following offseason would be easy..again winning cures all. But if they FAIL this year I dunno how this offseason goes down and to me it'd seem harder to fix all the warts.

Hopefully LMA thing was just a scare and wasn't serious..because KD getting hurt not only affects this season..but the next couple of years as well..

cd98
03-13-2017, 11:17 AM
Curry is still a great player, but he was on a historical run. Even the great Tim Duncan never replicated his 2003 year, though he had many superb seasons after 2003. LeBron isn't duplicating his best year, but he's still having great years. Kawhi may never replicate what he has done this season, but I think he'll still have great seasons, and who knows, maybe he'll have one that dwarfs this season.

My point is that while Curry is great, he's not going to play like he did last year for the next five years.

SAGirl
03-13-2017, 11:26 AM
Curry is still a great player, but he was on a historical run. Even the great Tim Duncan never replicated his 2003 year, though he had many superb seasons after 2003. LeBron isn't duplicating his best year, but he's still having great years. Kawhi may never replicate what he has done this season, but I think he'll still have great seasons, and who knows, maybe he'll have one that dwarfs this season.

My point is that while Curry is great, he's not going to play like he did last year for the next five years.
Good points. It must sting they didn't ring last season.
I hope Kawhis best is yet to come as he's still young... seems incredible. But one cannot take these seasons for granted.

HarlemHeat37
03-13-2017, 02:49 PM
Sports fans are so bipolar, tbh:lol

This forum goes back and forth between the Spurs being a first round exit one week, and then subsequently believing they're going to beat the Warriors in the playoffs the following week..

Uriel
03-13-2017, 08:38 PM
Those same metrics are the reason why I'm picking the Warriors over the Spurs this year.

I hope I'm wrong, of course.

dabom
03-13-2017, 08:53 PM
Sports fans are so bipolar, tbh:lol

This forum goes back and forth between the Spurs being a first round exit one week, and then subsequently believing they're going to beat the Warriors in the playoffs the following week..

I've had Spurs up all year dude. :lol

$pursDynasty
03-14-2017, 10:27 PM
Dubs can't shake the 6ers right now, they still look shook. Maybe more rest is needed!

Mr. Body
03-14-2017, 10:33 PM
Watching the Warriors is fascinating right now. The confidence is gone. They have trouble slowing down a fairly bad team in Philly -- over 50 points at the half.

Chinook
03-14-2017, 10:36 PM
Saric is the real deal. If Philly can keep him and Simmons together, they'll have a tremendous forward duo. Add in Covington, and they have the horses to run with GS.

$pursDynasty
03-14-2017, 10:38 PM
Zero swagger, Zeke asking Draymond if they are scared of the Spur's to his face. Reporter asking Curry if he is in a slump. They are front running bullies who no one is scared of anymore. They are Suge Knight.

spurraider21
03-14-2017, 10:40 PM
Saric is the real deal. If Philly can keep him and Simmons together, they'll have a tremendous forward duo. Add in Covington, and they have the horses to run with GS.yeah... i'm not exactly sure how those 3 really play together, though. but yes the talent is there, and covington has really surpassed expectations this year. throw in a healthy embiid and thats much more imposing than "det core" ever was

BatManu20
03-14-2017, 10:44 PM
Warriors down 59-58 at half to the Sixers. They're still going to win the game because the Sixers are god awful (seriously, Brett Brown deserves an award for lasting this long with them), but they've looked less than impressive.

Chinook
03-14-2017, 10:46 PM
yeah... i'm not exactly sure how those 3 really play together, though. but yes the talent is there, and covington has really surpassed expectations this year. throw in a healthy embiid and thats much more imposing than "det core" ever was

And they have like a 75-percent chance at a top-three pick or something like that. I think they'll end up moving Covington once Simmons comes back, but something like Fultz, ____ Simmons, Saric, Embiid. It would be pretty amazing.

Chinook
03-14-2017, 10:47 PM
Warriors down 59-58 at half to the Sixers. They're still going to win the game because the Sixers are god awful (seriously, Brett Brown deserves an award for lasting this long with them), but they've looked less than impressive.

The Warriors absolutely have to win the third quarter by a huge margin. They just aren't to be trusted down the stretch anymore. They are the anti-Spurs in this regard.

SpursIndonesia
03-14-2017, 10:47 PM
Watching the Warriors is fascinating right now. The confidence is gone. They have trouble slowing down a fairly bad team in Philly -- over 50 points at the half.

And they need almost, what, 30 freebies to just get 1 point deficit at the half. But those are quite legit FTs, these Sixers are fouling like drunkard, perhaps because it is a SEGABABA on the road for them. Saric started well but then sucking, Okafor made some nice moves down low but the defense & rebounding sucks. If these young guys are a bit more patient & competent, they will be in double digit lead by now. Steph Curry does sucking from the money land, really crashing back to earth hard as of late.

$pursDynasty
03-14-2017, 10:53 PM
Wardell 'Regressing to the mean' Curry

Uriel
03-14-2017, 10:55 PM
I was expecting this to be the game where the Warriors finally shake off their recent struggles and win by 50, but man, they just look discombobulated right now.

ducks
03-14-2017, 10:58 PM
Gs fans
https://mobile.twitter.com/BASportsGuy/status/841858675715145729/photo/1

ducks
03-14-2017, 10:59 PM
@BASportsGuy this Steph slump starting to feel a lot like Lincecum in August 2010

$pursDynasty
03-14-2017, 11:02 PM
Is this Roarical or the Sleep Train Arena?

ducks
03-14-2017, 11:11 PM
Lol

$pursDynasty
03-14-2017, 11:12 PM
Double digit 6ers lead. I should go to sleep but I can't

SpursIndonesia
03-14-2017, 11:14 PM
Saric is very talented man, not carried away after hitting the previous money ball. He was attacking inside when being closed out but quickly recognizes that help defense await (donkey await for a charge), not going all in & make a floater instead, splash.

Kurik

The Sixers may not be a good team but every time I've seen them play this year they actually compete and have had some impressive wins this year, with and without Embiid.

spursistan
Shit, it is looking like real implosion :lol...Can the playoffs start now? This Warriors team is so mortal, and Durant being out is NOT the only reason for this tailspin..

Keepin' it real
03-14-2017, 11:16 PM
The Golden State Warriors are currently losing to the Philadelphia Seventy Sixers!

dabom
03-14-2017, 11:17 PM
At warriors house.

SpursIndonesia
The Sixers are still going to lose, but damn impressive game by these youngsters. That's some monster jam by Holmes, lol. :lol

Cry Havoc
Warriors look absolutely terrible on both sides of the ball right now.

Keepin' it real
03-14-2017, 11:18 PM
Yeah it'll suck to see the 6ers implode.

Cry Havoc
03-14-2017, 11:18 PM
15 point game incoming? :wow :wow :wow

Chinook
03-14-2017, 11:19 PM
"Where's the magic, that we've seen all season?" -- Bitch-made Warriors commentators.

ducks
03-14-2017, 11:21 PM
s

Philly leads 84-69 with 3:52 left in 3Q.

SpurPadre
03-14-2017, 11:22 PM
Come on, Brett! Hook us up with a win!

RD2191
03-14-2017, 11:22 PM
To me, the warriors and curry are some of the biggest frauds in NBA history, like "linsanity" but in a team sense. A hype train that has kept on going a little longer than usual.

spurraider21
03-14-2017, 11:23 PM
COVINGTON

spursistan
03-14-2017, 11:23 PM
Bit comforting for the Spurs is that the Warriors are going to drop a lot more games in this putrid form of theirs even if they pull this one out......

ducks
03-14-2017, 11:24 PM
That's one option. I'm leaning toward the Curse Of 95.7 The Game. Or it's the same kinda slump all the other teams go through, I dunno.
sfgiantsniners4life‏ Mikeandkam
@BASportsGuy durant was masking an average basketball team. We are now seeing behind the curtain. It was nice while it lasted rf

spurraider21
man, and it's awesome already having clinched the tiebreaker

Cry Havoc
To me, the warriors and curry are some of the biggest frauds in NBA history, like "linsanity" but in a team sense. A hype train that has kept on going a little longer than usual.

0 teams that win a title are frauds. That's the fucking definition of not being a fraud.

DAF86
03-14-2017, 11:25 PM

Dude, c'mon. :lol

RD2191
0 teams that win a title are frauds. That's the fucking definition of not being a fraud.

Bullshit.

$pursDynasty
Man what will the warriorstan sports talking heads that were minimizing the Dubs troubles on Tuesday say on Wednesday?

spurraider21
03-14-2017, 11:26 PM
"Where's the magic, that we've seen all season?" -- Bitch-made Warriors commentators.just called raymond a bigger james harden and the best defender in the league

Chinook
03-14-2017, 11:27 PM
Fucking Draymond and his kicks.

dabom
03-14-2017, 11:27 PM
Dray grabs the other guy and the other guy cant hold the ball with 2 hands and the warriors announcers say there was no foul. wtf. :lmao

skin27
03-14-2017, 11:28 PM
Warriors can still make a comeback and win this game. Sixers should up the lead to 30 to be safe..

rastaspur
03-14-2017, 11:29 PM
Warriors look awful. The warriors announcers need to wear knee pads during the game. It will keep the knees from swelling from sucking off draymond the whole time.

BatManu20
03-14-2017, 11:31 PM
Warriors look terrible, but the Sixers aren't making me any more comfortable with the way they just waste possessions. And now the refs are going to let them play this quarter, so no more cheap freebies. Close finish incoming imo.

r0drig0lac
03-14-2017, 11:31 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/S3Ot3hZ5bcy8o/giphy.gif

Chinook
03-14-2017, 11:32 PM
Who the fuck is that Long guy for Philly? Dude's sucking ass something fierce right now.

BatManu20
03-14-2017, 11:33 PM
Aaaand there goes the lead lol. Sixers offense is too awful to pull this one out imo. Just putrid.

phxspurfan
03-14-2017, 11:34 PM
Won't lie, Draymond is repping like a young Malik Rose. When everyone else on the Dubs is giving up he's willing them back into this game

spurraider21
03-14-2017, 11:34 PM
rodriguez and stauskas are playing awful

BatManu20
03-14-2017, 11:35 PM
GSW's commentators are tremendous tools, tbh.

DAF86
03-14-2017, 11:37 PM
Who the fuck is that Long guy for Philly? Dude's sucking ass something fierce right now.

Saric?

$pursDynasty
03-14-2017, 11:37 PM
Dubs going all out, Curry starting the 4th and on12-0 run

SpurPadre
03-14-2017, 11:38 PM
Welp, it was nice while it lasted.

RD2191
03-14-2017, 11:39 PM
GSW's commentators are tremendous tools, tbh.

As is their entire fanbase.

spursistan
03-14-2017, 11:39 PM
It was good while it lasted..But i could seem them lose 2 of the next 3 after Orlando game ( vs Bucks, @ OKC (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=43121), @DAL)..

Chinook
03-14-2017, 11:40 PM
Saric?

No. It was some dude named Long who sucked ass and started the run GS is on.

spurraider21
03-14-2017, 11:41 PM
oak making good initial moves but not finishing. henderson, rodriguez, and stauskas have been possession killers

BatManu20
03-14-2017, 11:41 PM
Lol philly sucks something fierce. My Lord. Just awful

spurraider21
03-14-2017, 11:43 PM
FREE TIAGO

ducks
03-14-2017, 11:48 PM
Lol gs spending all this energy just to beat sixers

resistanze
03-14-2017, 11:48 PM
Okafor is such a pussy tbh...

ducks
03-14-2017, 11:49 PM
Curry turned 29 wow his game is going to go down hill soon

james evans
03-14-2017, 11:50 PM
philly just had a 16 point lead evaporate like a fart i the wind

Cry Havoc
03-14-2017, 11:50 PM
Fuck, my TV just died. Oh well, time to upgrade to a nice 65" 4k. :D

Chinook
03-14-2017, 11:51 PM
Lol Barnes has good idea but can't really execute them for shit.

So fucking sad that this game is indistinguishable from the LAL/PHL game a few days ago where both teams were desperately trying to lose.

spursistan
03-14-2017, 11:52 PM
Curry turned 29 wow his game is going to go down hill soon
Yeah, the theory that the guy has peaked already and the only way is down for him from here isn't really outrageous..

spursistan
03-14-2017, 11:56 PM
Chalk it up as moral loss for the Warriors..Really thought they would come and blow Philly's doors..

Keepin' it real
03-14-2017, 11:58 PM
Wow PG #1 sucks.

DAF86
03-15-2017, 12:01 AM
Somebody hand that McConell guy a new par of undies.

$pursDynasty
03-15-2017, 12:01 AM
Definitely better than a loss but definitely not something to beat your chest about.

spurraider21
03-15-2017, 12:02 AM
:lol final minute and you have a play where your center is catching and driving from the corner

Chinook
Wow PG #1 sucks.

Funniest thing about McConnell is when he got that layup in the Summer League last year and started dancing around only for Russell to make that incredible three right in his face to win it.

DAF86
Sixers are so shook :lol

SpurPadre
Definitely better than a loss but definitely not something to beat your chest about.

But that's who they are. They beat their chest if they dunk on Danny Devito.

BatManu20
What in the actual fuck are the Sixers doing lol. This team is complete trash

$pursDynasty
03-15-2017, 12:03 AM
Why did they take Okafor out. He has more offense than his replacement

spurraider21
03-15-2017, 12:03 AM
announcer is right though, this comeback was all draymond tbh

spurraider21
03-15-2017, 12:04 AM
:lmao

BatManu20
03-15-2017, 12:05 AM
This Sixers roster is a dumpster fire.

BatManu20
03-15-2017, 12:05 AM
announcer is right though, this comeback was all draymond tbh

DPOY tbh. He's had in the bag for a while, but this all but seals it.

Chinook
03-15-2017, 12:06 AM

I mean a game against Philly would not seal any award.

Keepin' it real
03-15-2017, 12:07 AM
Well this is karma for the Spurs comeback vs. Kings.

spursistan
03-15-2017, 12:07 AM
LOL @ sign Matt Barnes...

dabom
03-15-2017, 12:08 AM

It was the sixers. :lol

They should be up 20 by the half.

spurraider21
03-15-2017, 12:10 AM
outside mcconnell there is no guard on the sixers that is the least bit intriguing... cabarrot, stauskas, rodriguez, henderson, justin anderson, and jerryd bayless

what a horrid group. i get that they wanted to trade one of their bigs, but to land justin anderson? awful.

Mr. Body
03-15-2017, 12:11 AM

Lol wut

spursistan
03-15-2017, 12:12 AM

Looks like Harlem has competition as to who is the biggest Warriors cum-guzzling Spurfan..:lol

dabom
03-15-2017, 12:12 AM
That white pg fucked it all up at the end. Zero ball movement.

SpursIndonesia
03-15-2017, 12:13 AM
Somebody hand that McConell guy a new par of undies.

He started the game decently, but then all went south afterwards. Trying to go 1 on 1 in the 4th and ignoring your team main scorer, passing the ball like toddler, simply awful.

TheGreatYacht
03-15-2017, 12:14 AM
Brett Brown put tanking ahead of helping the Spurs. Aussie fucking faggot.

Okafor had 22 points and only played 23 minutes. Covington shot 1-8 and got 31 minutes :lol

Send Sergio Rodriguez back to the reject league he came from

spurs10
03-15-2017, 12:15 AM
Mouthbreather was talking up "defense" after the game. If Steph doesn't get the rebound in the end they lose....so this game shouldn't go a long way for securing the DPOY.

DAF86
03-15-2017, 12:15 AM
outside mcconnell there is no guard on the sixers that is the least bit intriguing... cabarrot, stauskas, rodriguez, henderson, justin anderson, and jerryd bayless

what a horrid group. i get that they wanted to trade one of their bigs, but to land justin anderson? awful.

Chacho wouldn't have shit his pants mid game in front of all those people as that McConnell kid did, tbh.

spursistan
03-15-2017, 12:16 AM
Bit comforting for the Spurs is that the Warriors are going to drop a lot more games in this putrid form of theirs even if they pull this one out......

Not worried,more Ls coming with this shitty Warriros play:lol..

resistanze
03-15-2017, 12:17 AM
McConnell literally was playing for his uncle Kerr (who he was laughing it up with post-game) in the last 10 minutes of that game. Fucking atrocious.

BillMc
03-15-2017, 12:18 AM
You don't think Gobert or Kawhi have good chances?

dabom
03-15-2017, 12:18 AM

Kawhi already won it.

TheGreatYacht
03-15-2017, 12:22 AM
McConnell literally was playing for his uncle Kerr (who he was laughing it up with post-game) in the last 10 minutes of that game. Fucking atrocious.

TheDoctor
03-15-2017, 12:23 AM

Okafor had 22 points and only played 23 minutes. Covington shot 1-8 and got 31 minutes :lol

Send Sergio Rodriguez back to the reject league he came from

BatManu20

i think they have a chance, but voters are easily swayed by performances like tonight (a nationally televised game where everyone's watching, no less). Draymond was always in the lead imo, and hasn't done anything to relinquish it. Of course I want Kawhi to win it, but I think Draymond would have to fall off a cliff the rest of the way to do so, Bc he's been great all season, whereas Kawhi has come really come on as of late after not taking a step back the first half of the season. Gobert deserves serious consideration as well though, he's been ridiculously good all season too.

dabom

:lmao

dabom
03-15-2017, 12:24 AM
i think they have a chance, but voters are easily swayed by performances tonight (a nationally televised game where everyone's watching, no less). Draymond was always in the lead imo, and hasn't done anything to relinquish it. Of course I want Kawhi to win it, but I think Draymond would have to fall off a cliff the rest of the way to do so, Bc he's been great all season.

against the sixers. You keep forgetting. It's part of the narrative.

UZER
03-15-2017, 12:25 AM
How do you beat your chest (Draymond) and hold poses and strut (curry) when you barely come back to beat the 76ers?

The warriors are just stupid. :lol

BatManu20
03-15-2017, 12:26 AM
How do you beat your chest (Draymond) and hold poses and strut (curry) when you barely come back to beat the 76ers?

And the media eats it up. All twitter has said since the game ended is "What a comeback!" Espn loves this kind of stuff. Draymond's getting a ton of love too for "single-handedly willing his team back to victory."

BatManu20
03-15-2017, 12:28 AM

I'll put it this way, I'll be pleasantly shocked if someone other than Draymond wins it.

BatManu20
03-15-2017, 12:29 AM

Lol McConnell was awful in the second half tonight.

dabom
03-15-2017, 12:29 AM

sananspursfan21
03-15-2017, 12:31 AM
TJ McConnell suuuuuuuuucks. I remember saying this awhile back in some Sixers/Spurs correlated post and iirc I got jumped for saying it. Dude's not very good.

resistanze
03-15-2017, 12:32 AM

BatManu20
03-15-2017, 12:38 AM
The internetz.

dabom
03-15-2017, 12:39 AM
I can find twitter to tell me anything tbh. You should know this.

spursistan
03-15-2017, 12:46 AM
Since when has Batmanu become a Warrior shill? :lol

tf...random tweets by a bunch of non-entities..

spurraider21
03-15-2017, 01:03 AM
lol anybody who praises a monster game = a warrior shill

BatManu20
03-15-2017, 01:06 AM
Since when has Batmanu become a Warrior shill? :lol

tf...random tweets by a bunch of non-entities..

Lol I rarely praise the dubs tbh. And I'm not saying I think Draymond deserves DPOY, I'm saying I think he's going to win it. There's a big difference. Just my 2 cents.

dabom
03-15-2017, 01:14 AM
lol anybody who praises a monster game = a warrior shill

It was the sixers... the the pg was in on it. :lmao

spursgu
03-15-2017, 02:44 AM
Batmanu has a point though. Media hype helps a lot just like how Harden has the best chance of winning MVP.

DeRozan m8
03-15-2017, 05:24 AM

Yep, same dude that had part in making us pay Manu $15fuckingM this season.

Aussie dog

emanueldavidginobili
03-15-2017, 07:30 AM
How much were the warriors down and how much time was left?

cutewizard
03-15-2017, 07:35 AM
:bobo

coachmac87
03-15-2017, 08:49 AM
Batmanu has a point though. Media hype helps a lot just like how Harden has the best chance of winning MVP.

The media votes for the award lol. Of course the hype helps

SuperCam
03-15-2017, 08:54 AM
All playing for 2nd to LeKing...

sasaint
03-15-2017, 11:18 PM
One night the Warriors steal one at the end against Philly at home. The next night, they watch the Spurs gift the Blazers a win on a SEGABABA on their home floor and also gift the Dubs the #1 seed. I'm thinking that Draymond ain't askeered of the Spurs at all, and Zeke's asking him about it only put a burr under his blanket.

sananspursfan21
03-16-2017, 01:37 PM
http://post-cm.gwallet.com/OrMCe04Lcp0lOEFJf0FAqmoJ2U58OT5PEAk_Spu-Rqls6kfOfj9E1RMOuzd9RpTRbvQjNasPclnd6R1QTgty/9QMu59

SAGirl
03-16-2017, 01:51 PM
One night the Warriors steal one at the end against Philly at home. The next night, they watch the Spurs gift the Blazers a win on a SEGABABA on their home floor and also gift the Dubs the #1 seed. I'm thinking that Draymond ain't askeered of the Spurs at all, and Zeke's asking him about it only put a burr under his blanket.
I am left feeling that If Lamarcus doesn't play they win that game... That's not a good way to feel about the supposed 2nd best player in the team (he hasn't looked like it consistently and it's not even that clear).

I hope he catches a rhythm and bounces back .... or regresses to a better mean or whatever we want to call it.

illusioNtEk
03-16-2017, 01:56 PM
Yep, same dude that had part in making us pay Manu $15fuckingM this season.

Aussie dog
The Spurs been low balling Manu his entire NBA Life! Manu deserves that money...

SAGirl
03-16-2017, 01:57 PM
http://post-cm.gwallet.com/OrMCe04Lcp0lOEFJf0FAqmoJ2U58OT5PEAk_Spu-Rqls6kfOfj9E1RMOuzd9RpTRbvQjNasPclnd6R1QTgty/9QMu59
Hmm. Thanks for sharing. Interesting "we've got problems and it ain't basketball" may mean there's selfish things... guys looking for their next gig.. or something else, more personal to guys.

sananspursfan21
03-16-2017, 02:17 PM
Hmm. Thanks for sharing. Interesting "we've got problems and it ain't basketball" may mean there's selfish things... guys looking for their next gig.. or something else, more personal to guys.

I mean, I would never say I'm 100% right before it actually happens but I've watched this game for 23 years. I've got a fair hunch when I smell a team starting some messes with each other. Now, this may all be nothing but it does go to show how difficult it really is to keep a train running as smooth as San Antonio's has for 20 years. Even in the post Duncan era. Say what you want about the skill shortcomings but here we are with yet another drama less season. Remember when captain jack tried to start drama? Cut right off the bat. We should at the very least be grateful that this team year in and year out is the true class of the league :)

sasaint
03-16-2017, 02:19 PM
I am left feeling that If Lamarcus doesn't play they win that game... That's not a good way to feel about the supposed 2nd best player in the team (he hasn't looked like it consistently and it's not even that clear).

I hope he catches a rhythm and bounces back .... or regresses to a better mean or whatever we want to call it.

Completely agree. I commented a couple of times in the game thread that they looked better against Atlanta, along with a remark about LMA. Frankly, I would like to see Pop bench LMA and experiment with Pau and Deadman in the starting lineup. Maybe that would light a fire under LMA - except he doesn't need to have a fire lit under him; he needs to find his missing shot! Without a reliable 2nd option, though, the cliff jumpers are probably right about this team's playoff fortunes.

ceperez
03-16-2017, 02:30 PM
Completely agree. I commented a couple of times in the game thread that they looked better against Atlanta, along with a remark about LMA. Frankly, I would like to see Pop bench LMA and experiment with Pau and Deadman in the starting lineup. Maybe that would light a fire under LMA - except he doesn't need to have a fire lit under him; he needs to find his missing shot! Without a reliable 2nd option, though, the cliff jumpers are probably right about this team's playoff fortunes.

I had the impression that Pop knew that LMA was playing badly, but wanted to play him to get back in rhythm. Let's be entirely honest here, I watched the game and Pau, Lee and Dedmon were all playing quite well. Well, actually Pau started to get tired and started missing easy close range shots and passing up on open 3's. But Aldridge was big time way off!

sasaint
03-16-2017, 02:34 PM
I had the impression that Pop knew that LMA was playing badly, but wanted to play him to get back in rhythm. Let's be entirely honest here, I watched the game and Pau, Lee and Dedmon were all playing quite well. Well, actually Pau started to get tired and started missing easy close range shots and passing up on open 3's. But Aldridge was big time way off!

Take an L in exchange for trying to get LMA back in a rhythm he has shown pretty rarely this season? Could be. Wouldn't be the first time that I didn't quite agree with one of Pop's moves! :lol

UZER
03-16-2017, 03:13 PM
The Spurs been low balling Manu his entire NBA Life! Manu deserves that money...

Without the Spurs, his career would've been over in 5-6 years.

sasaint
03-16-2017, 03:20 PM
Without the Spurs, his career would've been over in 5-6 years.

Care to elaborate? I'm not sure what you mean.

daledondale
03-16-2017, 05:08 PM
Without the Spurs, his career would've been over in 5-6 years.Without Manu, maybe the Spurs would've two rings less at least.

Austin_Toros
03-16-2017, 05:11 PM
Without Manu, maybe the Spurs would've two rings less at least.

Or two rings more :lol

daledondale
03-16-2017, 06:25 PM
Or two rings more :lolhttps://media.giphy.com/media/LkB4JZVEzCJ6o/giphy.gif

UZER
03-16-2017, 08:04 PM
Care to elaborate? I'm not sure what you mean.

His style is extremely reckless physically. He is his own worst enemy. The Spurs conservative approach took care him by limiting his minutes and allowing him lots of time to heal during the season while he continued to play international ball year after year even after injuries during the season.

Other teams would have run him into the ground without regard for his long term health. He owes the Spurs just as much for prolonging his NBA career.

sasaint
03-16-2017, 08:11 PM
His style is extremely reckless physically. He is his own worst enemy. The Spurs conservative approach took care him by limiting his minutes and allowing him lots of time to heal during the season while he continued to play international ball year after year even after injuries during the season.

Other teams would have run him into the ground without regard for his long term health. He owes the Spurs just as much for prolonging his NBA career.

Thanks. No one will ever know, but you make an interesting point. Very possible.

DAF86
03-16-2017, 09:51 PM
Curry went to the locker-room with 2 minutes into de game, but is now back. Boo-boo on the right ankle.

dabom
03-16-2017, 10:03 PM
Curry went to the locker-room with 2 minutes into de game, but is now back. Boo-boo on the right ankle.

dude is falling apart.

TheGreatYacht
03-16-2017, 10:19 PM
Magic going tryhard against us and then bending over against the Worriers lmfao

gospursgojas
03-17-2017, 12:53 AM
dude is falling apart.

What happens when you play 40 mins a game to have great regular seasons

spurraider21
03-17-2017, 01:23 AM
What happens when you play 40 mins a game to have great regular seasonshe averages 33 this year. 34 last year. 32 the year before.

SAGirl
03-23-2017, 12:36 PM
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/17790252/golden-state-draymond-green-problem
True hoop had an article on the tense relationship between Kerr and Draymond Green.
The statement that they have issues and it ain't basketball sounds like an anonymous statement a veteran like Dwest can make about some dysfunction in the locker room. The article has a lot of insight into their leadership dynamics. Although not their best player, Green is their leader and it wasn't by the coach designating him as such like Pop did with Kawhi. Green took the bull by the horns by just being vocal and winning games. I don't really follow them but if they have issues they likely start with Green.

Benoit
03-29-2017, 11:00 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
IMPLODING
HAHAHAHA