PDA

View Full Version : DEDMON’S IMPACT REDUCED IN SPURS’ RECENT DEFICITS

NameLess Scrub
03-12-2017, 12:21 PM
In their last six games, the San Antonio Spurs have trailed by the following number of points below in each game with a 5-1 record.

03/01 vs. Indiana: -9 points. Outcome: (W)in for the Spurs.

03/03 @ New Orleans: -8 points. W

03/04 vs. Minnesota: -16 points. W

03/06 vs. Houston: -16 points. W

03/08 vs. Sacramento: -28 points. W

03/09 @ Oklahoma City: -20 points. L

With March putting the Spurs in an average hole of -13.6 points in each game, San Antonio has had to use different lineups and combinations that are more focused offensively, to allow the comebacks to take place. Whether it’s been because of certain matchups (like against Houston) or because the team needs more firepower in the frontcourt, the effect in the Spurs falling behind early has left Dewayne Dedmon, the Spurs’ starting center, less impactful in games recently.

http://thesportsdaily.com/project-spurs/dedmons-impact-reduced-in-spurs-recent-deficits/

james evans
03-12-2017, 12:57 PM
That's why the eye test is better than bullshit new century analytics. He had a good game last night on defense and offense as well.

sasaint
03-12-2017, 01:08 PM
In their last six games, the San Antonio Spurs have trailed by the following number of points below in each game with a 5-1 record.

03/01 vs. Indiana: -9 points. Outcome: (W)in for the Spurs.

03/03 @ New Orleans: -8 points. W

03/04 vs. Minnesota: -16 points. W

03/06 vs. Houston: -16 points. W

03/08 vs. Sacramento: -28 points. W

03/09 @ Oklahoma City: -20 points. L

With March putting the Spurs in an average hole of -13.6 points in each game, San Antonio has had to use different lineups and combinations that are more focused offensively, to allow the comebacks to take place. Whether it’s been because of certain matchups (like against Houston) or because the team needs more firepower in the frontcourt, the effect in the Spurs falling behind early has left Dewayne Dedmon, the Spurs’ starting center, less impactful in games recently.

http://thesportsdaily.com/project-spurs/dedmons-impact-reduced-in-spurs-recent-deficits/

So, is Deadman the chicken or the egg in these hole-digging starts?

dabom
03-12-2017, 01:09 PM
So, is Deadman the chicken or the egg in these hole-digging starts?

You won't get far. :lol spursistan

Keepin' it real
03-12-2017, 01:24 PM
DEDMON’S IMPACT REDUCED IN SPURS’ RECENT DEFICITS

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CdxAbOjUMAAXzw2.jpg

hater
03-12-2017, 01:26 PM
WHY ARE WE SCREAMING???

sasaint
03-12-2017, 01:32 PM
You won't get far. :lol spursistan

I honestly don't know. I tend to hang them on the TEAM's absolutely turrible effort to start games. As much as I believe that Tony is unreliable and over-the-hill, I am not completely convinced that these poor starts are not due to the failure of anybody's stepping up to replace him in that stretch. Or to Pop's crazier-than-usual rotation experiments.

dabom
03-12-2017, 01:35 PM
I honestly don't know. I tend to hang them on the TEAM's absolutely turrible effort to start games. As much as I believe that Tony is unreliable and over-the-hill, I am not completely convinced that these poor starts are not due to the failure of anybody's stepping up to replace him in that stretch. Or to Pop's crazier-than-usual rotation experiments.

I could break it down, but it's too much effort for something that isn't going to matter a couple of days from now. :lol

Spurtacular
03-12-2017, 01:54 PM
I could break it down, but it's too much effort for something that isn't going to matter a couple of days from now. :lol

You "could break it down," but you're a garbage poster.

spursistan
03-12-2017, 02:05 PM
Why has Chinook (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=37557) been evicted from the "cost-controlled" apartment in daboom's head? This retard is dragging me in it in his place, not sure why...Stop quoting me dumbass..:lol

dabom
03-12-2017, 02:11 PM
Why has Chinook (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=37557) been evicted from the "cost-controlled" apartment in daboom's head? This retard is dragging me in it in his place...Stop quoting me dumbass..:lol

I don't think anyone thinks you're a decent poster at all. You cry like a pussy all the time. You don't add to your posts. No content. And you stop posting when the Spurs are playing well. Definition of a faggot poster. :lmao

If the Spurs lose this year, you're probably going to be the happiest faggot in the world. With "I told you so's" even though you haven't of any sort. To be a good poster, you must battle through the thick of it and not waver. You have to be consistent. I show up for my takes when they are the unpopular opinion. You run and hide and don't post any content. :lol

sasaint
03-12-2017, 02:16 PM

One thing is obvious: if Deadman is DJordan-lite, then the Spurs have no CP3-lite to get Deadman going. He thrives on the lob, and it seems to energize him at both ends of the floor; yet the Spurs forget about it for games on end - to the detriment of Deadman and the Spurs. Whether that would enable him to play smarter, avoiding the dumb fouls that plague him, I don't know. BUT with LMA out for an extended period, we may get a better idea.

dabom
03-12-2017, 02:21 PM
One thing is obvious: if Deadman is DJordan-lite, then the Spurs have no CP3-lite to get Deadman going. He thrives on the lob, and it seems to energize him at both ends of the floor; yet the Spurs forget about it for games on end - to the detriment of Deadman and the Spurs. Whether that would enable him to play smarter, avoiding the dumb fouls that plague him, I don't know. BUT with LMA out for an extended period, we may get a better idea.

A lot of reasons. At the end of the day, he has been slightly detrimental to the team, but not anything to be concerned about. Slight slump but coinciding with other players playing shit too. Makes it look worse than it is.

spursistan
03-12-2017, 03:24 PM
Does this nincompoop have any self-dignity? Told you you're being ignored..I'm not interested in engaging your impulsive, IQ-sapping inanities..

I'll leave it to DPG/Mid to come and clean your clock after every thread-polluting "one liner+emoticon" you throw at them..This quite sad existence of some people is bemusing..:lol

daledondale
03-12-2017, 03:30 PM
WHY ARE WE SCREAMING???:lol

NameLess Scrub
03-12-2017, 05:10 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CdxAbOjUMAAXzw2.jpg

WHY ARE WE SCREAMING???

:lol :lol

Sorry, the title was all caps and I didn't have time to fix it.

DMC
03-12-2017, 05:30 PM
Look doctor, the bacteria has become cannibalistic.

Play Boban
03-12-2017, 06:13 PM
Deadman is trash. He should be cut or sent to Austin.