PDA

View Full Version : Injury Report: 3/12/17

ace3g
03-12-2017, 08:45 PM

sasaint
03-12-2017, 08:47 PM
Atlanta will be a tough out with that many Spurs on the shelf. Hope some of our young guys play with a little more,confidence after getting the recent increased game experience.

Chinook
03-12-2017, 08:48 PM
Another game of Forbes as the back-up PG. Better hope Manu is ready to contribute a while longer.

Ice009
03-12-2017, 08:48 PM
Shit. So what is going on with the concussion protocol? Is he passing it? Has the express news written an article about it? I can never read most of their articles. Does anyone know a trick to be able to view them? I know you can use twitter links from the writer's twitter, but not all their articles are linked there.

Also, I guess it's too early to hear anything about LMA. Is that going to be tomorrow at the earliest?

Chinook
03-12-2017, 08:49 PM
shit. So what is going on with the concussion protocol? Is he passing it? Has the express news written an article about it? I can never read most of their articles.

If he had failed any part of it up until now, he'd be out. He's on track, but you have to see tomorrow night that he's having no set-backs.

spursistan
03-12-2017, 09:22 PM
When did Dejounte hurt himself? He's missing precious time to earn his spurs sadly...They need Kawhi to play to have chance in this game...That he wasn't ruled out is a hopeful sign..

Also looks like Parker dealing with constant nagging physical issues is the new normal..Him playing 5 straight games will be an accomplishment from here on out..

This will be the first full season that Manu plays more games/minutes than Tony since 2009-2010..

Thomas82
03-12-2017, 09:38 PM
Shit. So what is going on with the concussion protocol? Is he passing it? Has the express news written an article about it? I can never read most of their articles. Does anyone know a trick to be able to view them? I know you can use twitter links from the writer's twitter, but not all their articles are linked there.

Also, I guess it's too early to hear anything about LMA. Is that going to be tomorrow at the earliest?

The trick to reading articles from sites like that is to open them in an incognito window.

Uriel
03-12-2017, 09:58 PM

Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said the club is hopeful All-Star forward Kawhi Leonard will be cleared to return to action by Monday after going through the NBA’s concussion protocol.

Leonard sat out Saturday’s game against Golden State after suffering a blow to the head Thursday in Oklahoma City. The Spurs announced Friday he had entered the concussion protocol.

“He is just moving through the protocol,” Popovich said. “We expect he will be fine, but it just takes awhile. The next possible game is Monday (against Atlanta) and we hope he will be ready for that.”

A player going through the NBA’s concussion protocol must show no symptoms when at rest. Once that benchmark is cleared, he must complete a series of athletic tests without showing symptoms at each stage.

After passing those tests, the player must gain clearance from a team physician, with input from Dr. Jeffrey Kutcher, director of the NBA concussion program.

Popovich said Leonard is at “step two or three.”

“They will tell me when he is ready,” Popovich said. “But he is doing fine so far.”

Leonard was in the Spurs locker room before the game. Asked by teammate Danny Green how he was doing, Leonard said, “I’m fine.”
http://www.expressnews.com/sports/spurs/article/Spurs-hopeful-Leonard-can-return-by-Monday-10995563.php?t=92e6e4ad00c6ed8151&cmpid=twitter-premium

Ice009
03-12-2017, 10:18 PM
The trick to reading articles from sites like that is to open them in an incognito window.

That doesn't seem to work. I don't see how that would make any difference?

cutewizard
03-12-2017, 10:44 PM
Pop psywar?

tmtcsc
03-12-2017, 10:59 PM
We're talking about Kawhi Leonard here. How the hell are doctors supposed to determine if he's concussed or not?

"We're not sure, Pop. He seems fine but he's not very communicative. Tends to become fixated on objects and stares a lot".

spurs10
03-12-2017, 11:04 PM
I thought LMA was being tested on Monday to determine when he can return.

Ice009
03-12-2017, 11:30 PM
I thought LMA was being tested on Monday to determine when he can return.

I thought they're running tests to try and see what caused it and what the issue is. I don't think it was to determine when he can return.

DAF86
03-12-2017, 11:30 PM
Why is Kawhi "questionable" instead of "probable"?

Budkin
03-12-2017, 11:34 PM
We're talking about Kawhi Leonard here. How the hell are doctors supposed to determine if he's concussed or not?

"We're not sure, Pop. He seems fine but he's not very communicative. Tends to become fixated on objects and stares a lot".

So true haha

100%duncan
03-13-2017, 12:33 AM
Parker's probably just rest tbh. When he's healthy he isna good player

spurs10
03-13-2017, 01:58 AM
I thought they're running tests to try and see what caused it and what the issue is. I don't think it was to determine when he can return.
Thanks...hopefully the tests will help determine the severity of the problem. It was encouraging hearing someone say he was only out 10 days last time.

Thomas82
03-13-2017, 04:41 AM
That doesn't seem to work. I don't see how that would make any difference?

I guess maybe it doesn't work for certain sites.

kaji157
03-13-2017, 09:44 AM
Let's just hope Kawhi and LMA can recover fast enough.
This is looking a lot like Manu will have to make up for our lack of stars and probably be gassed by the playoffs like in 2015.
Too bad he is the only one who puts himself on the center stage while others hide their decline on nagging injuries.

superbigtime
03-13-2017, 09:51 AM
Hope Murray gets back quickly. He is missing key minutes with Parker out. And Forbes just doesn't pass the eyeball test.

rjv
03-13-2017, 09:55 AM
Hope Murray gets back quickly. He is missing key minutes with Parker out. And Forbes just doesn't pass the eyeball test.

groin injuries are the worst. and the spurs are going to be extra cautious to make sure they do not rush him back. tough break because, as you mentioned, this past week would have been a great opportunity to get some real valuable playing time.

superbigtime
03-13-2017, 09:59 AM
Oh it's his groin? Damn. I thought lower leg, he was holding his leg when he went down. Guess I should've actually read the injury report.

CGD
03-13-2017, 10:06 AM
Was hoping to see Murray get a shot, dang.

look_at_g_shred
03-13-2017, 10:43 AM
Spurs Instagram and snapchat account posted a vid of Kawhi practicing at shootaround..so maybe he'll play tonight!

SAGirl
03-13-2017, 11:23 AM
It would be great for Kawhi to be back!
:claw

Z mann R2
03-13-2017, 11:28 AM
Heading up from Corpus for tonight's game....hope Kawhi is there!!

GSH
03-13-2017, 11:47 AM
Spurs Instagram and snapchat account posted a vid of Kawhi practicing at shootaround..so maybe he'll play tonight!

I still haven't seen anything that said that Kawhi actually suffered concussion from that hit. The fact that Pop pulled him from that game probably made the protocol mandatory. But I haven't seen any report that said he was suffering symptoms that might keep him from returning. Have any of you? That's really the bottom line.

He took a hell of a shot, and I could see Pop taking it slow just because. If Kawhi really suffered a concussion, I wouldn't be surprised if Pop slowed the protocol process just to make sure and sit him out another game or two. It's not what most coaches would do with an MVP contender, but Pop isn't most coaches.

GSH
03-13-2017, 11:49 AM

Are you bringing Little Emilio? :lol

Seriously, I hope you get to see Kawhi play.

TXstbobcat
03-13-2017, 12:07 PM

have fun at the game tonight. :toast