PDA

View Full Version : A couple of good "under the radar" movies on Netflix

SpursforSix
03-13-2017, 10:28 AM
I don't remember seeing anything about either of these.

Remember - Christopher Plumber is an Auschwitz survivor with dementia. He is trying to find the German who killed his family at Auschwitz. Very cool ending.
8/10

Eye in the Sky - tells the story of a drone mission and strike in Kenya. Shows the behind the scenes dillema about how to go about it. Lots of good actors. Helen Mirren, Alan Rickman.
Whole thing take place over a couple of hours so the movie moves along quickly.
7/10

LaMarcus Bryant
03-13-2017, 10:48 AM
I don't remember seeing anything about either of these.

Remember - Christopher Plumber is an Auschwitz survivor with dementia. He is trying to find the German who killed his family at Auschwitz. Very cool ending.
8/10

Eye in the Sky - tells the story of a drone mission and strike in Kenya. Shows the behind the scenes dillema about how to go about it. Lots of good actors. Helen Mirren, Alan Rickman.
Whole thing take place over a couple of hours so the movie moves along quickly.
7/10

Does Mirren show off her T's in this one?

SpursforSix
03-13-2017, 10:55 AM
Does Mirren show off her T's in this one?

Yes, she's a colonel for the RAF. She walks around naked in the control room. But they don't dismiss her because she's really good at her job.

LaMarcus Bryant
03-13-2017, 11:29 AM
Mmmm Nice.

SpursforSix
03-13-2017, 01:13 PM
Mmmm Nice.

Not really. There was an obvious screw up that they didn't catch. In some scenes, her tampon string is hanging out while in others, there's nothing. It's distracting and takes away from the movie.

03-13-2017, 01:22 PM
Why would a 70 year old woman still be using tampons though

SpursforSix
03-13-2017, 01:25 PM
Why would a 70 year old woman still be using tampons though

Exactly. I think it's used to juxtapose the perceived mental decline associated with her age. Here we have an older woman commanding the British forces. But even though she looks old, her mind is still sharp as if she was still of menstruating age. Perhaps, we are too quick to judge.

03-13-2017, 01:31 PM
Exactly. I think it's used to juxtapose the perceived mental decline associated with her age. Here we have an older woman commanding the British forces. But even though she looks old, her mind is still sharp as if she was still of menstruating age. Perhaps, we are too quick to judge.
That's brilliant. I'd have never interpreted it that way.

This shows you really know your stuff when it comes to movies tbh. Dare I say you're an....expert?

SpursforSix
03-13-2017, 01:32 PM
That's brilliant. I'd have never interpreted it that way.

This shows you really know your stuff when it comes to movies tbh. Dare I say you're an....expert?

I'll have to double check my other thread but I'm pretty sure that I included movies as one of my fields of expertise. Reluctantly though.

JMarkJohns
03-13-2017, 01:32 PM
Aside from that thread a few years back about the casual sexuality among modern women where Razon/Avante took it upon himself to discuss his many normal conversations about his sex life to his sister, and where she offered up details about her sex life to a brother she lived with, a brother who "knew" her sexual habits well enough to use them as evidence of women being prudes, this may hold the record for fastest "got weird" in recent memory.

SpursforSix
03-13-2017, 01:36 PM
Aside from that thread a few years back about the casual sexuality among modern women where Razon/Avante took it upon himself to discuss his many normal conversations about his sex life to his sister, and where she offered up details about her sex life to a brother she lived with, a brother who "knew" her sexual habits well enough to use them as evidence of women being prudes, this may hold the record for fastest "got weird" in recent memory.

Aaron Paul is in it (Eye in the Sky) as well and does a pretty good job.

I just realized something...Dean Norris has a role in Remember.

So I saw two good "under the radar movies" back to back with former Breaking Bad cast members in supporting roles.

03-13-2017, 01:36 PM
I'll have to double check my other thread but I'm pretty sure that I included movies as one of my fields of expertise. Reluctantly though.
I triple checked it just to be safe. We're clear.

SpursforSix
03-13-2017, 01:37 PM
I triple checked it just to be safe. We're clear.

Thanks. I hadn't gotten around to it as I was further analyzing the two movies I watched.