PDA

View Full Version : Are the Cavaliers imploding?

$pursDynasty
03-13-2017, 11:34 AM
I saw the topic of the same title about the Dubs and thought to myself, could the same be said about the Cavs? Two provisos one the Cavs are in the East and could sleepwalk through it to the NBA finals, plus it seems like a birthright that Lebron get there every year. However despite the narrative that all these free agent moves make them the favorite to win the title, the Cavs are dropping a lot of games. It would be one thing if LeBron was resting and they were losing, that's understandable but he is playing high minutes in a lot of these losses. That has to be a little more concerning. Plus they look desperate, grasping at all the buyout/free agent straws that haven't as yet resulted in any wins. Could angry "Daddy LeBron" be about to come back on the scene? Oh are they just waiting to flip the switch, nothing to see here?

Chucho
03-13-2017, 12:53 PM
Ban plz.

cd021
03-13-2017, 02:10 PM
29th in defense this month, they're struggling but Boston blew their chance of competing with them this season. Cakewalk to the finals tbh

spursistan
03-13-2017, 02:19 PM
29th in defense this month, they're struggling but Boston blew their chance of competing with them this season. Cakewalk to the finals tbh
The Wizards will beat the Cavs in playoffs in near future before Boston does...Ainge and Celtics have miscalculated their window..they've completely overestimated this Cavs team actual pedigree..Cleveland are a half step lost from Lebron from becoming just another contending team in East..

HarlemHeat37
03-13-2017, 02:25 PM
The variance of 3-point shooting makes it possible for an upset, tbh..it's a huge reason Cleveland beat Golden State, they had the only 2 players in the series that could consistently create efficient 2-point offense when Golden State went ice cold from 3..

A team that can get hot from 3 at high volume and plays defense can beat Cleveland..Boston and Miami are the only teams that can meet that criteria in the East, though..

Wizards are a 2-point reliant team that doesn't have a consistently reliable scorer outside of Bradley Beal(who hasn't had his annual injury, yet)..can't see a scenario where they could beat Cleveland..

sananspursfan21
03-13-2017, 03:38 PM
Yeah, but the Cavs are a little less interesting to me. It's not much of a surprise for them. The Warriors on the other hand, it's a little more intriguing because they were kinda supposed to be the "next big dynasty". Now, I'm not counting on them imploding, I just see a little smoke :)

cd021
03-14-2017, 01:58 PM
The Wizards will beat the Cavs in playoffs in near future before Boston does...Ainge and Celtics have miscalculated their window..they've completely overestimated this Cavs team actual pedigree..Cleveland are a half step lost from Lebron from becoming just another contending team in East..

I'm meh on a Wall, Beal, Porter core going forward.

Irving and Love are still in their 20's (24 and 28) so it's not like the 2011-2012 Spurs where all three of their big 3 were safely over the age of 30 and two over the age of 35.

8FOR!3
03-14-2017, 02:24 PM
Well half their role players off the bench weren't even on the team half the season.

lefty
03-14-2017, 02:26 PM
No.

They are coasting

People thought the Lakers were imploding in 01 but they raped the Spurms