PDA

View Full Version : Kawhi Leonard in the Month of March

jdiggy0424
03-13-2017, 09:59 PM
30.8ppg on shooting splits of 48-35-94 with 7rpg, 4apg and 2.8spg leading the Spurs to a 5-1 record in March.

Dude's heating up at the right time :toast

GSG

SupremeGuy
03-13-2017, 10:24 PM
:claw

Barfunk
03-13-2017, 10:26 PM

99 Problems
03-13-2017, 10:29 PM
Just when Hawks surge, :claw Goes superman.

james evans
03-13-2017, 10:50 PM
parker is better

Arcadian
03-13-2017, 10:53 PM
Should pretty much seal up the MVP, along with taking over 1st place

Ron Swanson
03-13-2017, 10:54 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/3oxRmruSDzJEfNzgFW/giphy.gif

TXstbobcat
03-13-2017, 10:58 PM
MVP :claw

Mnky
03-13-2017, 11:40 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/3oxRmruSDzJEfNzgFW/giphy.gif

spurraider21
03-13-2017, 11:45 PM
kawhi knows about SPAM...

DAF86
03-13-2017, 11:47 PM
Only nitpick would be getting that 3p% up, tbh.

YGWHI
03-14-2017, 12:15 AM

Agree. Even when he made clutch 3's in 2 of his last 3 games, plus he didn't play in the 4th of one of those games, his 3P% is looking like shit. Hopefully he finds his stroke in the next games

03-14-2017, 04:03 AM
3pt% been slumping for a while. he hits em when he needs to tho

03-14-2017, 04:08 AM
James Harden stats 2016-2017

29-8-11

Lebron James stats 2016-2017

26-8-9

Ice009
03-14-2017, 05:24 AM
I brought it up weeks ago, but hardly anyone replied (maybe one or two people did the last time I brought it up), I was looking at his 3 point percentage for the season and he's shooting 32% on the road. I had been watching that the past month, month and a half and noticing it was going further and further down. I brought it up numerous times, but no-one really replied. Kawhi takes more 3s on the road and since he was shooting it so poorly, I was saying that he maybe should stop taking that many threes on the road, go for higher percentage shots. Was wondering what other people thought about that?

Looks like his three point percentage at home is also going down now, as when I first looked it up over a month ago, he was shooting something like 47% at home on almost 1 full shot attempt less than on the road. That's what was keeping his percentage above 40% on the season (up until recently where it's now gone below 40%).

03-14-2017, 06:18 AM
I brought it up weeks ago, but hardly anyone replied (maybe one or two people did the last time I brought it up), I was looking at his 3 point percentage for the season and he's shooting 32% on the road. I had been watching that the past month, month and a half and noticing it was going further and further down. I brought it up numerous times, but no-one really replied. Kawhi takes more 3s on the road and since he was shooting it so poorly, I was saying that he maybe should stop taking that many threes on the road, go for higher percentage shots. Was wondering what other people thought about that?

Looks like his three point percentage at home is also going down now, as when I first looked it up over a month ago, he was shooting something like 47% at home on almost 1 full shot attempt less than on the road. That's what was keeping his percentage above 40% on the season (up until recently where it's now gone below 40%).he settles for jumpers too much in general imo. Not a recipe for success in the playoffs unless he stays hot the entire time.

NameLess Scrub
03-14-2017, 06:49 AM

Looks like his three point percentage at home is also going down now, as when I first looked it up over a month ago, he was shooting something like 47% at home on almost 1 full shot attempt less than on the road. That's what was keeping his percentage above 40% on the season (up until recently where it's now gone below 40%).

Just eye-testing it, but I think he takes harder 3 pointers now. Better shot selection might help.

He won't win MVP though. Westbrick upped him with his amazing 33%, 17% 3pt shooting performance in their head to head :lol

GSH
03-14-2017, 07:30 AM
James Harden stats 2016-2017

29-8-11

Lebron James stats 2016-2017

26-8-9

He will beat out Harden. But Westbrook has that season triple double going. He "only" has to average about 9.5 for the last 16 games to make the cut. If he has a couple of 8 AST games, it will be funny to see if they rest him a few tough games, just to keep the average up. Or if they have their seed locked, if they rest him just to make sure his 3D stays locked.

sasaint
03-14-2017, 08:16 AM
He will beat out Harden. But Westbrook has that season triple double going. He "only" has to average about 9.5 for the last 16 games to make the cut. If he has a couple of 8 AST games, it will be funny to see if they rest him a few tough games, just to keep the average up. Or if they have their seed locked, if they rest him just to make sure his 3D stays locked.

Excellent points. ST posters sometimes lose sight of the fact that most coaches are more willing than Pop to manipulate factors over which they have control for the benefit of players in pursuit of individual awards.

sasaint
03-14-2017, 08:22 AM

I don't know what to say other than thanks for mining and sharing that data. They are very interesting. But I doubt that Pop is going to alter his game plans in any way...

03-14-2017, 10:18 AM
Westbrook has no chance. Oscar averaged a trip dub and was fourth in MVP voting. Kobe averaged 35/game and didn't win either.

Harden on the the other hand has led his team, with him being the only all star, to the THIRD highest offensive rating of ALL TIME. Behind only the 92 Bulls and 87 Lakers. They were expected to miss the playoffs iirc.

GSH
03-14-2017, 10:46 AM
Westbrook has no chance. Oscar averaged a trip dub and was fourth in MVP voting. Kobe averaged 35/game and didn't win either.

Harden on the the other hand has led his team, with him being the only all star, to the THIRD highest offensive rating of ALL TIME. Behind only the 92 Bulls and 87 Lakers. They were expected to miss the playoffs iirc.

Do you know how the MVP is chosen now vs. when Robertson played? Back then, the award was voted on by the players. Today, it's a group of sportswriters and broadcasters. And one ballot is chosen by fan votes.

Do you think the fan vote is likely to be logical? Here's a clue - look at this year's All Star fan votes.

Do you think that sportswriters and broadcasters are going to be most concerned with deciding the truly most valuable player in the NBA... or in getting the best story for them to tell to get ratings?

Defense is boring. The Spurs have proven that every year for two decades. A season-average triple double? That's a story they can splash for months, during the long dry months of the off-season. "He's a throwback to the old days!" "This is something we will never see again in our lifetimes!"

Maybe you'll turn out to be right. My opinion - I think Kawhi needs one of two things to happen, and maybe both.
1. Westbrook fails to get his season triple-double.
2. Everyone who doesn't put Kawhi first on their ballots put him second. So Westbrook and Harden both get more first place votes, but lots and lots of third place votes.

It would also help a lot if Kawhi would start signing autographs for little girls with pushy parents. :lol

MultiTroll
03-14-2017, 11:04 AM
Still too many Kobme possessions.
A minority of his shot selection, but still too many.
At least 5 last night vs ATL.

San Antonio Slayer
03-14-2017, 11:42 AM
I don't know what to say other than thanks for mining and sharing that data. They are very interesting. But I doubt that Pop is going to alter his game plans in any way...
the most enigmatic plan to me is called "Pop's endless trust in Danny Green as a spurs starting five true shooter"...

Spur|n|Austin
03-14-2017, 11:48 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/3o7ZeNjsAyGIiBnl1m/giphy.gif

San Antonio Slayer
03-14-2017, 11:54 AM
I think if the Spurs wins 1st seed it's clearly no Harden in the conversation. To me personally triple double stat from Westbrook is better than Kawhi's season overall performance and impact. But I remember when Jordan did a triple double in ASG but the mvp award was given to Rice just for the 24 single querter points record...

sasaint
03-14-2017, 11:55 AM
the most enigmatic plan to me is called "Pop's endless trust in Danny Green as a spurs starting five true shooter"...

As bankable as Bonner holding down the bench once was.

San Antonio Slayer
03-14-2017, 12:06 PM
As bankable as Bonner holding down the bench once was.
once the stat was given that Danny is the spurs leader in blocks and steals right behind duncan and robinson...but that miserable offensive play makes me guessing about Pop's plans on him...

Horse
03-14-2017, 12:28 PM
I wonder how many triple-doubles Kawhi would have if danny hit all the open 3's kawhi gets him.

ace3g
03-14-2017, 01:13 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C65XtejU8AAaliv.jpg:large

Dex
03-14-2017, 04:58 PM
Couldn't even make the 50-40-90 club. What a scrub.

Dex
03-14-2017, 04:59 PM
Still too many Kobme possessions.
A minority of his shot selection, but still too many.
At least 5 last night vs ATL.

Gotta let a baller ball, man. He's not the type of guy to just stand in the corner and wait for the pass to come to him.

If it takes a few of those possessions a game to keep him engaged, so be it....especially since he scores at a decent clip on them.

lilbthebasedgod
03-14-2017, 06:39 PM
Wow his 3 percentage has fallen off :^)