PDA

View Full Version : Spurs might be in trouble if they get 1 seed!!

skin27
03-13-2017, 10:15 PM
If the Spurs get the top seed they might face the clippers in the 2nd round instead of the rockets!!but I think the Spurs are good at revenge so it's fine to face the clippers.

cjw
03-13-2017, 10:20 PM
I'll take Denver in round 1 over Memphis/OKC and home court in conference finals over GSW any day over a perceived better matchup against the Rockets than Clippers (which is barely the case)

ViceCity86
03-13-2017, 10:25 PM
Spurs vs Jazz in round 2.

skin27
03-13-2017, 10:29 PM
^^Yup..it's possible..but the jazz players(except diaw) doesn't have the experience playing in the playoffs. So there is a tendency of choking.

Mr. Body
03-13-2017, 10:30 PM
Yeah, I'd take the Clippers over having to face Houston, Memphis and Utah. The Clippers are hard but not impossible.

TheGreatYacht
03-13-2017, 10:40 PM
2nd seed's road to the LOB:
Thunder
Rockrefs
Worriers (no HCA)
Lebrons

1st seed's road to the LOB:
Nuggets
Cripples/Jazz
Worriers
Lebrons

It's an easy choice :lol

phxspurfan
03-13-2017, 10:46 PM
The Clips are not as much of a juggernaut this year as in the past. Redick isn't as confident and isn't playing like an all star, and neither is Griffin. Paul is coming off injury and Pierce is one year older. I'd rather play them than Suns deux

And HCA vs whoever is championship material

emanueldavidginobili
03-13-2017, 10:58 PM
I rather play the clipps than the Rockets any day of the week.

DAF86
03-13-2017, 11:09 PM
When was the last time the Clippers made it healthy to the 2nd round of the playoffs?

UNT Eagles 2016
03-13-2017, 11:26 PM
:lol Anyone seriously scared of the Toenail Clippers WITH HCA on our side needs a lobotomy and a carton of cigarettes.

BillMc
03-13-2017, 11:27 PM
Spurs vs Jazz in round 2.

MultiTroll
03-13-2017, 11:41 PM
If Spurs can't beat the Clippers then GTF off the court and call it a season.

spursistan
03-14-2017, 12:13 AM
2nd seed's road to the LOB:
Thunder
Rockrefs
Worriers (no HCA)
Lebrons

1st seed's road to the LOB:
Nuggets
Cripples/Jazz
Worriers
Lebrons

It's an easy choice :lol

I've settled on that, tbh..Still think the Clippers are a trickier matchup, but the advantages of HC throughout and the road ahead trumps it..Also it is not like Houston have been any easier for us; it could have easily been 3-1 for them in season series if you look closely at the contests..they were in all 4 games till the end...

FkLA
03-14-2017, 12:18 AM
Tbh despite the match-up problem, despite Splitter being injured, and despite Kawhichael struggling the Spurs still beat the Clips in '15 if Pop wouldn't have been so unwilling to bench Enrique. That doesn't seem to be an issue this year so we should be fine, tbh.

dabom
03-14-2017, 12:21 AM
Tbh despite the match-up problem, despite Splitter being injured, and despite Kawhichael struggling the Spurs still beat the Clips in '15 if Pop wouldn't have been so unwilling to bench Enrique. That doesn't seem to be an issue this year so we should be fine, tbh.

Enrique and tiago playing like super cancers and no HCA and we have to get screwed by the refs. :lol

YGWHI
03-14-2017, 12:26 AM
OKC in the first round doesn't sound that good. Even with Dedmon, Pau and Lee on the team this year, the Spurs are still getting still out-rebounded, and most times outplayed by OKC bigs.

But Memphis is falling to the #7, I'd love to play them in 1st round.

If Spurs finish #1 it's Nuggets or Blazers, both are favorable matchups for the Spurs.

YGWHI
03-14-2017, 12:34 AM

Agree. But they still give the Spurs a lot of trouble with CP3's P&Rs w/Blake-DJordan...

IDK but the Spurs match better with Rockets. Harden's P&Rs are good but their bigs aren't that great like LAC frountcourt. Also, unlike Clips, Rockets horrible D, will kill them in any 2nd. round of playoffs.

pookenstein
03-14-2017, 05:49 AM
If we stay first GS has to play the Thunder instead of Denver/Portland. In that case, they might would have to rush Durant back too early instead of easing (kind of) him back in.

SpursIndonesia
03-14-2017, 06:13 AM
If we stay first GS has to play the Thunder instead of Denver/Portland. In that case, they might would have to rush Durant back too early instead of easing (kind of) him back in.

This, having Durant pounded by his ex teammates in the first round is much better than watching him relax on the bench while the Dubs have easy time butchering the Nugz the playoff virgin.

NameLess Scrub
03-14-2017, 06:58 AM
This, having Durant pounded by his ex teammates in the first round is much better than watching him relax on the bench while the Dubs have easy time butchering the Nugz the playoff virgin.

Well I agree.

In any case, both Clipps and Thunder seem to annoyingly punk the Spurs, so better get that HCA and put the Warriors in a worse position, then see what happens.

TDomination
03-14-2017, 07:41 AM
Knowing the Spurs luck, they will get the first seed but then the Mavs will get the 8th seed.

And somehow will take the spurs to 6 or 7 games.

NameLess Scrub
03-14-2017, 08:36 AM
Knowing the Spurs luck, they will get the first seed but then the Mavs will get the 8th seed.

Unless that leads to a 2014 repeat.

Keepin' it real
03-14-2017, 08:37 AM

That's a rivalry. Gotta love it, as long as the good guys win. Remember, a 7 game first round against Mavs in 2014 propelled the Spurs to :lobt2:

SupremeGuy
03-14-2017, 08:48 AM

And somehow will take the spurs to 6 or 7 games.You mean like 2014?
:lobt2:

Horse
03-14-2017, 12:33 PM
Spurs-nuggets playoff series usually turn out well.

tmtcsc
03-14-2017, 12:40 PM
If a team is afraid of matching up with someone in the playoffs they aren't meant to be Champions. They should feel as though they are the team others don't want to face. Some of the fandom in here smells of vagina - and not in a good way.

bic50
03-14-2017, 12:47 PM
If a team is afraid of matching up with someone in the playoffs they aren't meant to be Champions. They should feel as though they are the team others don't want to face. Some of the fandom in here smells of vagina - and not in a good way.

SpursFan86
03-14-2017, 12:50 PM

You can say stuff like this all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that there are certainly easier roads to the Finals than others. Why would you not want to have the path that gives you the best chance at winning it all?

Do I think we'd beat OKC? Of course. Would I still rather play Denver? Yeah, I would, since I think they're an easier matchup and would put up less of a fight.

You might say I smell like a vagina, but you smell like a dumbass if you're arguing that you shouldn't care about seeding/matchups in the playoffs :lol

spurs10
03-14-2017, 12:55 PM
If Spurs can't beat the Clippers then GTF off the court and call it a season. The testing and trying 7 game series with Dallas in 2014 was what got us in gear to win the championship. Don't try to avoid the bully. Walk up and punch him in the mouth. :ihit

Spurs9
03-14-2017, 12:58 PM
If the Spurs have any shot at the finals, they shouldn't be afraid to face any team tbh

TXstbobcat
03-14-2017, 01:00 PM
Prefer the 1 seed. If there is a game 7 in any round, would rather it be in the AT&T center.

r0drig0lac
03-14-2017, 01:06 PM
I rather play the clipps than the Rockets any day of the week.

itzsoweezee
03-14-2017, 03:13 PM
Non-issue. Clippers aren't beating the Jazz.

Dex
03-14-2017, 03:14 PM
Play to win and let the rest work itself out.

Splits
03-14-2017, 03:14 PM
2YYNPnql9YI

Arcadian
03-14-2017, 03:22 PM
How bout no?

tmtcsc
03-14-2017, 06:54 PM
Why would you not want to have the path that gives you the best chance at winning it all?

The best path to winning it all is sometimes the one that prepares you for what lies ahead. A difficult matchup can help a team become mentally focused and play with appropriate "fear" or respect. I think teams should play their best at let the seeding fall where it falls. As a fan, you can hope all you want for a matchup that is easy and won't give you heartburn but seriously, what's the point? Your team is either the best or they're not.

Keepin' it real
03-19-2017, 12:18 AM
Spurs might be in trouble if they get 1 seed!

I wouldn't worry about the 1 seed.