PDA

View Full Version : Do some of our players not get the individual credit they deserve?

apalisoc_9
03-14-2017, 09:47 PM
Outside of Kawhi who improved his reputation again this year.

The shadow that is "team" has overshadowed some of maybe the better individual performances some of the spurs players have shown this year...At least from a mainstream POV. Ginobili, Dedmon, Lee, Bertans etc.

SpursIndonesia
03-14-2017, 11:09 PM
Outside of Kawhi who improved his reputation again this year.

The shadow that is "team" has overshadowed some of maybe the better individual performances some of the spurs players have shown this year...At least from a mainstream POV. Ginobili, Dedmon, Lee, Bertans etc.

I think the team misses some opportunity to prop Bertans more as a bonafide rookie.

SAGirl
03-14-2017, 11:26 PM
I think they don't even get credit from some so called fans here... but yes. Everything Spurs is about the system. It's a good system worth giving credit to but obviously the players execute the plays in the siystem and it is their talent that can win games with that system or not.

superbigtime
03-15-2017, 09:31 AM
I think the team misses some opportunity to prop Bertans more as a bonafide rookie.

Bertans does usually seem to get recognition for his skill and contributions by the commentators when the Spurs play the nationally televised games. Which is somewhat surprising. It is typically mentioned in conjunction with the Kawhi/Hill trade, seemingly implying that the Spurs didn't think super high of him, and that he was just thrown in to the deal but that he ended up being a real NBA player.

SpursFan86
03-15-2017, 09:34 AM
No one has been consistently reliable outside of Kawhi...so no, I don't think anyone is getting seriously underrated or anything. If I had to say anyone, it'd probably be Lee.

MultiTroll
03-15-2017, 09:51 AM
Applesause Awards.

Could you start up a blog, see if it catches fire?

midnightpulp
03-15-2017, 09:27 PM
David Lee is really the only consistent performer outside of Kawhi on the team. Gasol has been good, too.