View Full Version : Thunder: Westbrook Haters

Pages : [1] 2 3

lebomb
03-15-2017, 07:32 AM
Damn, 25pts, 19 asst, 12 rb :wow

Hate on

SpursIndonesia
03-15-2017, 07:46 AM
Harden is better, and Kawhi's even more so.

SuperCam
03-15-2017, 07:59 AM
MVP

lefty
03-15-2017, 08:06 AM
Better than Porker...

Arcadian
03-15-2017, 08:08 AM
Really? You think posting his point/rebound/assist totals is going to impress people who recognize the flaw in using point/rebound/assist totals to determine a player's value?

lefty
03-15-2017, 08:24 AM
Really? You think posting his point/rebound/assist totals is going to impress people who recognize the flaw in using point/rebound/assist totals to determine a player's value?

Jordan scored tonz of pointz so he is the goatz!!!!!!!

lebomb
03-15-2017, 08:38 AM

Actually yes. Even NBA analyst are saying what he is doing is incredible. When he has a triple double the Thunder have a .81 winning percentage and thats even better than the GSW. He also has 33 trip dubs and some players have never even had ONE!!! Its a very hard feat to do period. I guess since you have had multiple triple double yourself in pickup games its not a big deal to you. :rolleyes

TDMVPDPOY
03-15-2017, 09:02 AM
lol running up his stats in scrub minutes....a scrub is a scrub

Spurs9
03-15-2017, 09:06 AM
19 assists? :wow

lebomb
03-15-2017, 09:14 AM
lol running up his stats in scrub minutes....a scrub is a scrub

I will go off of what former pros and experts think, not ST experts.

lebomb
03-15-2017, 09:15 AM
19 assists? :wow

Getting points, boards and STILL sharing the ball. When he gets a trip/dub, they win over 80% of the time. I will take that any day period. Stat pad away RW. :claw

Killakobe81
03-15-2017, 11:54 AM
Russ is the truth even if he doesnt win mvp an impressive first season after losing Durant...

UZER
03-15-2017, 11:59 AM
Actually yes. Even NBA analyst are saying what he is doing is incredible. When he has a triple double the Thunder have a .81 winning percentage and thats even better than the GSW. He also has 33 trip dubs and some players have never even had ONE!!! Its a very hard feat to do period. I guess since you have had multiple triple double yourself in pickup games its not a big deal to you. :rolleyes

Does NBA2k count?

unleashbaynes
03-15-2017, 12:22 PM
If Westbrook were as good as everyone says KD would still be there and they'd have already won multiple titles.

lebomb
03-15-2017, 12:32 PM
If Westbrook were as good as everyone says KD would still be there and they'd have already won multiple titles.

KD didnt want a batman and robin team, he wanted a justice league team. Easiest way to a title for himself. :claw

Horse
03-15-2017, 12:33 PM
His numbers are incredible but something is just off he's not a leader.

MultiTroll
03-15-2017, 12:38 PM
Are you serious? OKC was up 3-1.
Lil twat Durant in close out games:
12-31
10-31

Westbrook was/is overrated I'll give you that.
But call Durant exactly what he was/is.

MultiTroll
03-15-2017, 12:43 PM
When he has a triple double the Thunder have a .81 winning percentage and thats even better than the GSW. He also has 33 trip dubs and some players have never even had ONE!!! Its a very hard feat to do period.
This.
Even tho
:lol assists are often hugely stat padded by home score keeper. See Fagic Johnson.
:lol todays NBA defense

It is still impressive.

Mikeanaro
03-15-2017, 01:23 PM
All those stats and yet his team is a 6th seed...ergo the award goes to Kawhi or Harden.

DMC
03-15-2017, 01:26 PM
OP doesn't understand the nuances of stats and NBA basketball. When one person has over 50% of the team's assists, that means the ball doesn't move much.

Find the team with the fewest passes per possession and you'll find the guy with the high stats. This has been known for decades, to most people.

The Thunder have the fewest passes per game. So then it stands to reason one person will have the lion's share of the assists and points and since we know the rebound gimmick where his taller teammates clear out for him to get the rebound, the stats are not impressive.

If he wants to impress me, he can just make some of his teammates better. Russ won't do that.

DMC
03-15-2017, 01:32 PM
Russ is the truth even if he doesnt win mvp an impressive first season after losing Durant...

Unsurprising from a Kobe felcher.

lebomb
03-15-2017, 01:44 PM
OP doesn't understand the nuances of stats and NBA basketball. When one person has over 50% of the team's assists, that means the ball doesn't move much.

Find the team with the fewest passes per possession and you'll find the guy with the high stats. This has been known for decades, to most people.

The Thunder have the fewest passes per game. So then it stands to reason one person will have the lion's share of the assists and points and since we know the rebound gimmick where his taller teammates clear out for him to get the rebound, the stats are not impressive.

If he wants to impress me, he can just make some of his teammates better. Russ won't do that.

Sorry homie, Ive played and coached for 3 yrs. Coached an Allstar team to a win as well. So I know a bit about the game.

You do realize that 19 assists directly relates to at least 38pts of offense, and if some were 3's and/or and 1s, it could be upwards of over 50pts he helped create, besides his own points. Before you assume anything, that along with what the other players created on their own is a good amount of offense. I would take that all day long. :claw

Arcadian
03-15-2017, 01:49 PM

OK - it's impressive as fuck. But it doesn't make him the MVP. No amount of triple doubles will make him the MVP, and won't persuade many of us that he is. There's more to basketball than points/rebounds/assists.

lebomb
03-15-2017, 01:51 PM
OK - it's impressive as fuck. But it doesn't make him the MVP. No amount of triple doubles will make him the MVP, and won't persuade many of us that he is. There's more to basketball than points/rebounds/assists.

I guess we will see. Both he and Harden are neck n neck currently for MVP, and both have gaudy stats and a lot of trip/dubs.

DMC
03-15-2017, 02:42 PM
Sorry homie, Ive played and coached for 3 yrs. Coached an Allstar team to a win as well. So I know a bit about the game.

You do realize that 19 assists directly relates to at least 38pts of offense, and if some were 3's and/or and 1s, it could be upwards of over 50pts he helped create, besides his own points. Before you assume anything, that along with what the other players created on their own is a good amount of offense. I would take that all day long. :claw

The 19 assist directly relates to 38 points regardless who has the assists. The team doesn't average high in assists. It's a team game, your church league doesn't mean shit. Before Kerr came to GS, they had the lowest passes per possession/game in the league and there were some high stats in that area for Steph. Kerr changed that so that GS is in the top 5 or 6 in passes per game, while the Thunder are at the very bottom.

Those numbers mean something. I didn't even look it up before claiming it would be true, and it was.

lebomb
03-15-2017, 03:00 PM
All those stats and yet his team is a 6th seed...ergo the award goes to Kawhi or Harden.

If you took all 3 off of their teams, the Thunder by far would have the worst record. Their win total would drop the most. At least Houston and San Antonio have decent remaining players. The Thunder? Oladipo and thats about it.

lebomb
03-15-2017, 03:01 PM
The 19 assist directly relates to 38 points regardless who has the assists. The team doesn't average high in assists. It's a team game, your church league doesn't mean shit. Before Kerr came to GS, they had the lowest passes per possession/game in the league and there were some high stats in that area for Steph. Kerr changed that so that GS is in the top 5 or 6 in passes per game, while the Thunder are at the very bottom.

Those numbers mean something. I didn't even look it up before claiming it would be true, and it was.

Well, if this were true, how in the hell did GSW lose 4 of their last 6? They still pass the ball incredibly well without Durant.

SpursforSix
03-15-2017, 03:03 PM
If you took all 3 off of their teams, the Thunder by far would have the worst record. Their win total would drop the most. At least Houston and San Antonio have decent remaining players. The Thunder? Oladipo and thats about it.

I agree the Thunder might have the worst record. But not sure about "by far". Who's going to score for the Spurs? LMA? Then what.

lebomb
03-15-2017, 03:12 PM
I agree the Thunder might have the worst record. But not sure about "by far". Who's going to score for the Spurs? LMA? Then what.

Patty and Gasol are better than anyone the Thunder has left after WB. Oladipo isnt quite there yet. You add in D Green when he is on and David Lee, its not really a comparison IMHO. The Spurs bench is way better.

hater
03-15-2017, 03:14 PM
Didnt win a ring with Ethiopantula so all these stats are moot

SpursforSix
03-15-2017, 03:14 PM
Patty and Gasol are better than anyone the Thunder has left after WB. Oladipo isnt quite there yet. You add in D Green when he is on and David Lee, its not really a comparison IMHO. The Spurs bench is way better.

I ran some advanced metrics and they only show that the Spurs would be 1 game better after and 82 game season.

DMC
03-15-2017, 03:30 PM
Well, if this were true, how in the hell did GSW lose 4 of their last 6? They still pass the ball incredibly well without Durant.

They're still 1st seeded.

DAF86
03-15-2017, 03:31 PM

Magic Johnson is one of the greatest to ever do it and is currently in charge of an NBA team but his BB takes are cringeworthy. :lol

DMC
03-15-2017, 03:33 PM

Just like the Lakers when Kobe was around, you'll never know how good other guys are because they are simply there to pull defenders. Just look at how the Thunder are at the bottom of the charts on advanced stats like passing and efficiency in the paint. Watch how Westbrook cheats of his man and during the FTs to position for the rebound. Watch how he sneaks under his own center to grab the rebound, how his center will clear out for him to do just that.

He's just getting stats other players are gifting to him. It's a gimmick, a ploy, and you fell for it.

lebomb
03-15-2017, 03:37 PM
Just like the Lakers when Kobe was around, you'll never know how good other guys are because they are simply there to pull defenders. Just look at how the Thunder are at the bottom of the charts on advanced stats like passing and efficiency in the paint. Watch how Westbrook cheats of his man and during the FTs to position for the rebound. Watch how he sneaks under his own center to grab the rebound, how his center will clear out for him to do just that.

He's just getting stats other players are gifting to him. It's a gimmick, a ploy, and you fell for it.

Yeah, you are right. I fell for it 33 times.

So you honestly think its a set up for WB? So in the decades the NBA has been going on and the tens of thousands of games played, WB is a fraud and the only that could have and has ever tried to stat pad to get triple doubles? Besides Wilt and Oscar Robinson, since they must have stat padded as well. Oh yeah, and so is Harden right? Seriously? LOL

I give up. Its all good. We just have different opinions on this. :claw

RD2191
03-15-2017, 03:45 PM

/thread

lebomb
03-15-2017, 03:51 PM
/thread

Could have been KD? He flopped in that back door sweep. Had to team up with a superstar team to better his chances of a ring. :rolleyes

Arcadian
03-15-2017, 04:30 PM
I guess we will see. Both he and Harden are neck n neck currently for MVP, and both have gaudy stats and a lot of trip/dubs.

Kawhi the real MVP. He's the best two-way player, brings the most value to his team on both ends (unlike Hardon), and has led his team to the best record in the NBA, which means his value has actually manifested itself in team success, unlike Westbrick.

DMC
03-15-2017, 04:44 PM
Yeah, you are right. I fell for it 33 times.

So you honestly think its a set up for WB? So in the decades the NBA has been going on and the tens of thousands of games played, WB is a fraud and the only that could have and has ever tried to stat pad to get triple doubles? Besides Wilt and Oscar Robinson, since they must have stat padded as well. Oh yeah, and so is Harden right? Seriously? LOL

I give up. Its all good. We just have different opinions on this. :claw

He's not a fraud, he's just not nearly as good as his numbers indicate. Just look at Isaiah Thomas or Demar DeRozan. Two basic 2nd tier players that have crazy stats. Remember when Aldridge was scoring 40pts a game? Remember when Kevin Love had 30 rebounds and 30 points in a game? Where are those numbers now?

The only way you could ever get is is to play NBA2K17 and select the worst player on the roster. Now give that guy 48 minutes and make him focal point on offense, and have him cheat on defense for rebounds. Let us know if his stats improve.

hater
03-15-2017, 05:01 PM
Ethiopantula easily became the best player in 70 win Golden State. The fact that the ethiop didnt look as good next to Chimpchuck exposes the fact that the chimp is annoverhyped fraud

daslicer
03-15-2017, 06:03 PM
For the next few years he'll put up great stats but his team will be making multiple first round exits. He also shoots an awful FG percentage of 41 which makes him a chucker. I don't hate Westbrook but neither do I care about him. He's a chucker so the odds are against him when it comes to ever going deep in the playoffs. Historically outside of Kobe, chuckers tend to always fail.

unleashbaynes
03-15-2017, 08:33 PM
Could have been KD? He flopped in that back door sweep. Had to team up with a superstar team to better his chances of a ring. :rolleyes

KD is the best player on the Warriors. He will win multiple titles with that team barring major health issues. Westbrook will be stuck heroballing in OKC winning 40 games a season and driving any other good players away because of his penis envy. These are the facts son.

UZER
03-15-2017, 08:55 PM
KD is the best player on the Warriors. He will win multiple titles with that team barring major health issues. Westbrook will be stuck heroballing in OKC winning 40 games a season and driving any other good players away because of his penis envy. These are the facts son.

KD joined three other All-stars. The are the facts.

DMC
03-15-2017, 09:32 PM
KD joined three other All-stars. The are the facts.
Didn't stop Lebron from winning it.

Dirk Oneanddoneski
03-15-2017, 10:53 PM
Bestbrook > Kobe when playing 1 on 5 imo

lebomb
03-16-2017, 07:11 AM
He's not a fraud, he's just not nearly as good as his numbers indicate. Just look at Isaiah Thomas or Demar DeRozan. Two basic 2nd tier players that have crazy stats. Remember when Aldridge was scoring 40pts a game? Remember when Kevin Love had 30 rebounds and 30 points in a game? Where are those numbers now?

The only way you could ever get is is to play NBA2K17 and select the worst player on the roster. Now give that guy 48 minutes and make him focal point on offense, and have him cheat on defense for rebounds. Let us know if his stats improve.

They dont have to put those numbers up anymore. If they were on a team less loaded, they could still avg those numbers. Actually, some players like the lesser role. They dont want the pressure of having to be lights out in order for their team to win. Some players love the challenge. This subject was discussed on ESPN.

lebomb
03-16-2017, 07:13 AM

And you know this how? GSW were supposed to win last year. Ya never know what may happen. A trade could make the Thunder a top tier team. Ya neva know.

lebomb
03-16-2017, 07:14 AM
Didn't stop Lebron from winning it.

You are correct except Lebron had a former Allstar and a current one with him as well.

DMC
03-16-2017, 08:05 AM
They dont have to put those numbers up anymore. If they were on a team less loaded, they could still avg those numbers. Actually, some players like the lesser role. They dont want the pressure of having to be lights out in order for their team to win. Some players love the challenge. This subject was discussed on ESPN.

Translation: When you give the ball to the same person on every trip down the floor, and when you clear out for his rebounds and when that same guy either shoots or passes to someone cutting to the basket, that guy will have high stats.

I don't mind the inefficient shooting, insane amount of FGA or home cooked assists, but when he's getting gifted rebounds to bolster his numbers and his MVP case, that's just bullshit and he shouldn't even be considered. Players going for individual awards should never be considered valuable.

DMC
03-16-2017, 08:06 AM
You are correct except Lebron had a former Allstar and a current one with him as well.

So the limit is two all stars?

lebomb
03-16-2017, 09:15 AM
Translation: When you give the ball to the same person on every trip down the floor, and when you clear out for his rebounds and when that same guy either shoots or passes to someone cutting to the basket, that guy will have high stats.

I don't mind the inefficient shooting, insane amount of FGA or home cooked assists, but when he's getting gifted rebounds to bolster his numbers and his MVP case, that's just bullshit and he shouldn't even be considered. Players going for individual awards should never be considered valuable.

I dont know. I disagree. How can you determine if a rebound is gifted? Thats crazy to me. Russell goes 100% all the time, and he goes after rebounds. Whats wrong with that? Gifted? :lmao

lebomb
03-16-2017, 09:16 AM
So the limit is two all stars?

What Im saying is Lebron didnt win it all on his own. He had two Allstars on his team to help out.

DMC
03-16-2017, 10:50 AM
What Im saying is Lebron didnt win it all on his own. He had two Allstars on his team to help out.

Well you were saying that KD can't win it because he went to a team with 3 all stars but now you're saying that is why LeBron won it. Make up your mind.

DMC
03-16-2017, 10:51 AM
I dont know. I disagree. How can you determine if a rebound is gifted? Thats crazy to me. Russell goes 100% all the time, and he goes after rebounds. Whats wrong with that? Gifted? :lmao

Have you ever watched one of their games or you do you just look at the box scores? All you have to do is watch one game to see bigs clear out for Russell to get the rebound. Even ESPN has acknowledged this.

lebomb
03-16-2017, 10:55 AM
Well you were saying that KD can't win it because he went to a team with 3 all stars but now you're saying that is why LeBron won it. Make up your mind.

Thats not what Im saying at all. Im saying KD went to a team with 3 allstars, but that doesnt guarantee he will win it all there. He did so because it does give him the best chance to ring, but anything can happen to change that. Injuries, Green acting an ass and getting tossed. Players not shooting very well........especially from 3pt land.

lebomb
03-16-2017, 10:57 AM
Have you ever watched one of their games or you do you just look at the box scores? All you have to do is watch one game to see bigs clear out for Russell to get the rebound. Even ESPN has acknowledged this.

I watch all basketball when I can. Yeah, that may happen on a play or two, but I dont think its a conspiracy. Westbrook has more energy that any player in the NBA. He goes 100%. He is bound to get more rebounds being that much more active.

unleashbaynes
03-16-2017, 01:24 PM
DMC hits the nail right on the head here. Triple doubles are special when they come organically. We clown anyone else when they track their stats throughout the game and actively attempt to achieve the triple double. Why not this fraud?

Splits
03-16-2017, 01:37 PM
Ethiopantula easily became the best player in 70 win Golden State. The fact that the ethiop didnt look as good next to Chimpchuck exposes the fact that the chimp is annoverhyped fraud

Jesus, your attempts at nicknames is pathetic, across all forums.

lebomb
03-16-2017, 03:05 PM
DMC hits the nail right on the head here. Triple doubles are special when they come organically. We clown anyone else when they track their stats throughout the game and actively attempt to achieve the triple double. Why not this fraud?

LMAO....how do you know the difference and/or track that?

lebomb
03-16-2017, 03:19 PM
Yall act like triple doubles grow on trees, and anyone can orchestrate having one whenever they want. Noone is defending these people either. Clear paths to the basket, no stealing passes, and the defense isnt trying to rebound either. I guess the opponent is in on it as well.

lebomb
03-16-2017, 03:20 PM
Oh shit, maybe the NBA is the underlying culprit?! They want WB to avg a trip dub!!!

DMC
03-16-2017, 03:31 PM
I watch all basketball when I can. Yeah, that may happen on a play or two, but I dont think its a conspiracy. Westbrook has more energy that any player in the NBA. He goes 100%. He is bound to get more rebounds being that much more active.

BEOwaBw7aMo&t=290s

DMC
03-16-2017, 03:39 PM
4:56 minute mark, Adams has the rebound but Westbrook steals it from him, Adams allows it.

lebomb
03-16-2017, 03:41 PM
4:56 minute mark, Adams has the rebound but Westbrook steals it from him, Adams allows it.

One board you are showing me? C'mon DMC. LOL You saying this happens the entire game and all games so WB can get a trip dub avg for the year.

DMC
03-16-2017, 05:33 PM
One board you are showing me? C'mon DMC. LOL You saying this happens the entire game and all games so WB can get a trip dub avg for the year.

Yes

Killakobe81
03-17-2017, 04:07 AM
Russ with another 16 dimes not saying he the mvp but kid is da truth ...go Bruins!

lebomb
03-17-2017, 07:03 AM
The fix was in again last night.

Thunder 123
Raptors 102

WB 24, 10 and 16 ast

:claw

skmblz
03-17-2017, 09:14 AM
Triple doubles are special when they come organically. We clown anyone else when they track their stats throughout the game and actively attempt to achieve the triple double. Why not this fraud?

This.

DMC
03-17-2017, 04:21 PM
bumping this come playoff time

Clipper Nation
03-17-2017, 07:49 PM
Durbeta is a known choke artist and a pussy. It's Durbeta's fault that OKC never rang. He just used Westbrook as a scapegoat to hide behind.

And no, it's not Westbrook's fault that Durbeta is the most anti-competitive coward in sports history. There's nothing Russ could have said or done differently to stop Durbeta from chasing easy rings with the Warriors.

DMC
03-17-2017, 09:23 PM
Harden did tonight what Westbrook is doing, stealing rebounds and hogging assists/points.

Westbrook does it every night. Someone total up the games where Russ had right at 10 assists or rebounds, and then determine how many minutes of garbage time he played to get that 10th one.

unleashbaynes
03-17-2017, 11:25 PM
Durbeta is a known choke artist and a pussy. It's Durbeta's fault that OKC never rang. He just used Westbrook as a scapegoat to hide behind.

And no, it's not Westbrook's fault that Durbeta is the most anti-competitive coward in sports history. There's nothing Russ could have said or done differently to stop Durbeta from chasing easy rings with the Warriors.

Uh, yeah there fucking is. He could have been a good teammate and passed him the goddamn ball. Quit semen shielding for this fraud.

Spurtacular
03-17-2017, 11:27 PM
Damn, 25pts, 19 asst, 12 rb :wow

Hate on

You saying he locked up the MVP?

lefty20
03-18-2017, 01:40 AM
If there was an award for Most Energetic Player, Russ would win it handily. But there's no way he gets MVP with Thunder sitting at sub 50 wins and bottom 4 seed. There's a long standing precedence, and I don't see that changing this year.

99 Problems
03-20-2017, 05:12 AM
Poor old Thunder :depressed

spurraider21
03-26-2017, 05:09 PM
:lol

https://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/8226011/my_rebound.0.gif

BD24
03-26-2017, 05:22 PM

That video DMC posted is telling. Of course you wont see any mainstream media outlets talking about that.

I will say I have seen Chucks fat ass call him out for his stat padding.

Mikeanaro
03-26-2017, 05:36 PM
Rihanna can get the scoring title but thats it.

skmblz
03-27-2017, 07:35 AM

team order: if westchimp is in sight he'll get the rebound. That dude is in trouble...

SupremeGuy
03-27-2017, 08:12 AM
BEOwaBw7aMo&t=290sDamn. :lol

Clipper Nation
03-27-2017, 08:30 AM
Uh, yeah there fucking is. He could have been a good teammate and passed him the goddamn ball. Quit semen shielding for this fraud.

Maybe Durbeta should have quit being such a pussy and demanded the ball. Westbrook deserved to have the ball in his hands more because he's the superior player and he was the only one with a set of functioning testicles on those teams.

TDMVPDPOY
03-27-2017, 08:58 AM
so whats wrong with okc bigs? cant they rebound?

this is like those years kg was beasting on the boards, yet he had 2-3 other bigs on the team who didn't bother to rebound or just cbf, yet when those guys went to another team their rebounds went up...

its obvious clown is padding stats

if he doesn't win mvp, at leasts he either makes allnba team....now if he appears on defensive-team then you can call it rigged

djohn2oo8
03-27-2017, 09:46 AM
Was at the game yesterday. It was pathetic to see that level of chucking in the final minutes

unleashbaynes
03-27-2017, 09:59 AM
Steven Adams shoots 68% from the floor and averages 6 attempts per game. Too bas his PG is a selfish shitbag.

djohn2oo8
03-27-2017, 10:01 AM
Steven Adams shoots 68% from the floor and averages 6 attempts per game. Too bas his PG is a selfish shitbag.
yep

DMC
03-27-2017, 12:34 PM
More telling is the fact that their center often has zero ZERO defensive rebounds while Westbrook will be in the double digits. Of course the center gets offensive boards. If a center can get 5 offensive boards, how does he end up with zero on defense? Because they are gifting them to Russell.

That entire gimmick could be shunned by the NBA and fans and media, but most NBA fans are like OP, enamored by stats he doesn't understand.

unleashbaynes
03-27-2017, 01:20 PM
More telling is the fact that their center often has zero ZERO defensive rebounds while Westbrook will be in the double digits. Of course the center gets offensive boards. If a center can get 5 offensive boards, how does he end up with zero on defense? Because they are gifting them to Russell.

That entire gimmick could be shunned by the NBA and fans and media, but most NBA fans are like OP, enamored by stats he doesn't understand.

Have you noticed how he sags off his man and doesn't really contest shots in order to position himself for rebounds? Really helping his team there.

UZER
03-27-2017, 01:23 PM
Ricky Davis 2.0

03-27-2017, 01:42 PM
:lol today's NBA

lebomb
03-27-2017, 01:51 PM
Thunders record when WB has a tripdub .805%
When he doesnt get a tripdub .33%

Combined .56%

djohn2oo8
03-27-2017, 01:55 PM

Combined .56%
Garbage time stats.

lebomb
03-27-2017, 01:57 PM
Garbage time stats.

Ok

DMC
03-27-2017, 02:09 PM
Have you noticed how he sags off his man and doesn't really contest shots in order to position himself for rebounds? Really helping his team there.

Yes, the video shows that countless times (ok, not countless but I didn't count).

unleashbaynes
03-27-2017, 02:21 PM

Combined .56%

Number of screens WB has set for his teammates: 0

Even Curry has set almost 100 :lmao

lebomb
03-27-2017, 02:33 PM
Number of screens WB has set for his teammates: 0

Even Curry has set almost 100 :lmao

:lmao setting a screen for Oladipo? Who else?

Curry can set a screen for Igoudala, KD and Klay, big difference nigga.

unleashbaynes
03-27-2017, 05:47 PM
:lmao setting a screen for Oladipo? Who else?

Curry can set a screen for Igoudala, KD and Klay, big difference nigga.

This is such a dumb argument. These are NBA players. This isn't AAU.

DMC
03-27-2017, 06:32 PM
Just look at passes per game. Thunder are dead last. If you think that's because they have shitty players, why don't other teams with shitty players have worse passing? Oh I know, because the coaches won't play "make a superstar out of shit" like the Thunder do.

unleashbaynes
03-28-2017, 03:39 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C7-V7aJVQAIemqg.jpg

Remember this?

But yeah, Westbrook is playing with scrubs while Harden has the 92 dream team. Sure.

lebomb
03-28-2017, 07:29 AM
This is such a dumb argument. These are NBA players. This isn't AAU.

Mediocre players. Their team does not have the personnel like the Spurs, Warriors, Pelicans, a host of teams, so my point is valid.

lebomb
03-28-2017, 07:34 AM
WB with another trip-dub and a victory. So the winning percentage is still over 80% when he has a triple double. Its just fact.

Fabbs
03-28-2017, 07:47 AM
How tanky were the Mavs last night?

Mark Celibate
03-28-2017, 07:48 AM
Sorry, there's no way I'd want my team to build around this guy. He has a triple double because the offense is just give him the ball everytime and let him do what he wants. Anybody with the ball in their hands so much, with that talent, can get 10 assists since he will oftentimes get doubled but it's disappointing because he can do so much more.

He seems like a very abrasive teammate. You rarely see him celebrate when other teammates make a play, only wants to beat his chest, stare down the fans, etc after he makes a big shot. He only passes the ball when he has to (i.e. stampeding into the paint, getting swarmed, and then kicking it out). It's very ugly to watch and you can tell he only cares about himself and doesn't care about his teammates. Look at the way the Warriors and Spurs play, the ball is always moving and guys are having fun. The early 2000's Sacramento Kings were the same way. You can tell when a team truly enjoys playing with each other and it starts with the best player.

lebomb
03-28-2017, 07:50 AM
"Westbrook hit a pull-up jumper with seven seconds left and the Thunder erased a 13-point deficit in the final four minutes for a 92-91 victory over the Mavericks on Monday night.

The six-time All-Star and current NBA scoring leader, whom Cuban steadfastly claims isn't a superstar, had his third straight triple-double with 37 points, 13 rebounds and 10 assists. Westbrook scored 12 in a 14-0 run by Oklahoma City to finish it, but said he wasn't trying to convince Cuban, who was in the first row of seats just a few feet from the winning shot."

I will take this all day. Yall can hate on WB, but I would take him. *shrugs*

DMC
03-28-2017, 08:45 AM
Wow he got right at 10 assists. Wonder how that transpired against such a Western powerhouse?

lebomb
03-28-2017, 08:49 AM
Wow he got right at 10 assists. Wonder how that transpired against such a Western powerhouse?

He always gets 10 assists.

Fabbs
03-28-2017, 08:58 AM
What is the stat for "clock time ball in Westbrooks possession" vs all time stat padders / ballhogs?

lebomb
03-28-2017, 09:20 AM
The thing that is funny to me? Everyone acts like a triple double is easy to get. A double double is much easier and I can see Westbrook getting a lot of dub dubs through stat padding. Getting his points and even if it was a set up :rolleyes rebounds. But you add in the assists? ........ assists that even the top PGs cant average. These guards do not have to ball hog or troll for boards, all they have to do is pass the ball and they cant avg 10 assists. You have to see that he is doing something special. With another 9 players on the court besides himself, to average a triple double is hard as hell.

/drops the mic :claw

MultiTroll
03-28-2017, 09:24 AM
The thing that is funny to me? Everyone acts like a triple double is easy to get. ........ assists that even the top PGs cant average. These guards do not have to ball hog or troll for boards, all they have to do is pass the ball and they cant avg 10 assists. You have to see that he is doing something special. With another 9 players on the court besides himself, to average a triple double is hard as hell.
I think it's both.
He is a mega stat padder but is also doing some excellent playing to get that many assists / triple doubles.

A lot of his passes are great.
Can we get that "ball in his hands" stat and see how he lines up All Time?

unleashbaynes
03-28-2017, 09:30 AM
The thing that is funny to me? Everyone acts like a triple double is easy to get. A double double is much easier and I can see Westbrook getting a lot of dub dubs through stat padding. Getting his points and even if it was a set up :rolleyes rebounds. But you add in the assists? ........ assists that even the top PGs cant average. These guards do not have to ball hog or troll for boards, all they have to do is pass the ball and they cant avg 10 assists. You have to see that he is doing something special. With another 9 players on the court besides himself, to average a triple double is hard as hell.

/drops the mic :claw

You really think LeBron and Harden couldn't avg a triple double if they wanted to? They could. But they do this thing where they play team ball and don't cheat off of defensive assignments to whore rebounds.

Geno Aurriemma(lol women's bball, lol "sport") said it best. I'd rather lose than watch him play the way he plays.

Fabbs
03-28-2017, 09:36 AM
Average seconds per touch.
Among large minutes played:
John Wall 6.0
Kemba Walker
Beard
Brooks Indiana
Westchuck is about 8th at 5.36

Not the "total time of ball possession" stat I was looking for but still sheds some light.

Westchuck and Beard with an astounding 99 touches per game. Easily #1 and #2.

Fabbs
03-28-2017, 09:38 AM
You really think LeBron and Harden couldn't avg a triple double if they wanted to? They could. But they do this thing where they play team ball and don't cheat off of defensive assignments to whore rebounds.
Kwa is another one.
Altho you mentioned Hardens defense. :lol

I. Hustle
03-28-2017, 09:42 AM
Westbrook is a beast. Makes no sense to say otherwise.

03-28-2017, 09:47 AM
It was in predictable fashion. He got back into the game with 9 assists and didn't even look for his shot until he got that 10th. It was kinda funny though because his teammates missed like 4 straight gimmies :lol After that he went back to chucker mode for the rest of the game

Fabbs
03-28-2017, 09:59 AM
Time per possession
9.0 Beard
8.9 Wall
8.8 Westchuck

Would be interesting to see All Time if any Legit (unrigged) Championship teams have ever won with a TOP as high as these two.

Mark Celibate
03-28-2017, 10:02 AM
Time per possession
9.0 Beard
8.9 Wall
8.8 Westchuck

Would be interesting to see All Time if any Legit (unrigged) Championship teams have ever won with a TOP as high as these two.

Ding Ding Ding!

That's the problem. There's no denying Westbrook is an immense talent, it's also fair to say that his team is still much better with him than with an average player at his position. That's not the issue. The problem is that somebody with his talent doesn't make his teammates better, makes poor decisions in between the eye popping stats, and just doesn't seem to get any better each season in that regards.

It was similar to Dwight Howard. Yeah he will make your team better, but it was agonizing to watch because you know he could do so much more. Westbrook has the same issue although he's the opposite extreme of Howard.

lebomb
03-28-2017, 10:29 AM
It was in predictable fashion. He got back into the game with 9 assists and didn't even look for his shot until he got that 10th. It was kinda funny though because his teammates missed like 4 straight gimmies :lol After that he went back to chucker mode for the rest of the game

All that you said does not matter one bit. Yall LOST. Thunder with the W. :claw

lebomb
03-28-2017, 10:32 AM
Ding Ding Ding!

That's the problem. There's no denying Westbrook is an immense talent, it's also fair to say that his team is still much better with him than with an average player at his position. That's not the issue. The problem is that somebody with his talent doesn't make his teammates better, makes poor decisions in between the eye popping stats, and just doesn't seem to get any better each season in that regards.

It was similar to Dwight Howard. Yeah he will make your team better, but it was agonizing to watch because you know he could do so much more. Westbrook has the same issue although he's the opposite extreme of Howard.

LMAO.....noone can make the Thunder scrubs better. If it takes WB making a TripDub in order for them to win over 80% of their games, so be it. Hell MJ in his prime could not make the Thunders other 4 starters better. Hell, MJ would have to avg a TripDub to get these clowns a victory. Who is better than a C+/B- player on the Thunder other than WB? Oladipo maybe. Thats it. They have a terrible lineup after those two guys.

Kyle Orton
03-28-2017, 11:27 AM
You should bend your whore of a wife over and let Russy Russ stick it right in.

lebomb
03-28-2017, 11:32 AM
You should bend your whore of a wife over and let Russy Russ stick it right in.

Here we go, 10yr olds playing on the internet. You are so immature, grow up kid. :rolleyes

unleashbaynes
03-28-2017, 12:02 PM
Why do i get the feeling that some of these so-called "scrubs" playing with Westbrook would be fine on teams that utilized them properly?

unleashbaynes
03-28-2017, 12:03 PM
Here we go, 10yr olds playing on the internet. You are so immature, grow up kid. :rolleyes

Well you are going pretty hard on the ball washing and really haven't brought any good arguments other than "but but look at the stats!" Then when others try to provide context for those stats you just rant and rave about how awesome triple doubles are and how shitty his teammates(basketball players being paid to play in the best league in the world) are.

lebomb
03-28-2017, 12:11 PM
Well you are going pretty hard on the ball washing and really haven't brought any good arguments other than "but but look at the stats!" Then when others try to provide context for those stats you just rant and rave about how awesome triple doubles are and how shitty his teammates(basketball players being paid to play in the best league in the world) are.

Do you read anything? The Thunder WIN over 80% of the time when he has a triple dub!!! Thats what you want is wins!!!! If the only way your team can get the win is by relying on one single player, you take it. The Thunder are not talented enough top to bottom to win without WB going crazy. I dont even need to argue. Go look it all up. The Thunder suck (win less than 35%) when he tries to spread the ball.

Fabbs
03-28-2017, 12:27 PM
Do you read anything? The Thunder WIN over 80% of the time when he has a triple dub!!! Thats what you want is wins!!!! If the only way your team can get the win is by relying on one single player, you take it. The Thunder are not talented enough top to bottom to win without WB going crazy. I dont even need to argue. Go look it all up. The Thunder suck (win less than 35%) when he tries to spread the ball.
I dunno.
3-1 lead over Golden State before Durant threw the series.

pookenstein
03-28-2017, 12:51 PM
Crazy as it might sound, but I think his game would be more impressive if he only had 31p/10a/6r. If he put the energy to get the rebounds into defending, I think very few people would argue with him becoming MVP.

Seventyniner
03-28-2017, 12:53 PM

Correlation != causation

DMC
03-28-2017, 01:00 PM

Ever heard of post hoc ergo propter hoc? It's not a hip hop group.

Did you ever think Westbrook gets the triple double because his team is good enough to win against those particular teams on those nights?

We all know a hyper-aggressive PG can win a game for a team. It's fool's gold, they know and so do you. Instead of WB having all those stats, he could be sharing touches with the team, working on ball movement, defensive positioning, trust. He wouldn't sacrifice individual stats even for KD and Harden. Dude had the best players in the NBA on his team (Ibaka was up there as well) and couldn't find it within himself to play team ball.

lebomb
03-28-2017, 01:52 PM
Why do i get the feeling that some of these so-called "scrubs" playing with Westbrook would be fine on teams that utilized them properly?

LOL.............surely. As bench players. :claw

lebomb
03-28-2017, 01:53 PM
Crazy as it might sound, but I think his game would be more impressive if he only had 31p/10a/6r. If he put the energy to get the rebounds into defending, I think very few people would argue with him becoming MVP.

Naaa, lets go for 31pts/10ast/10rb/10stl :claw

lebomb
03-28-2017, 02:28 PM
Ever heard of post hoc ergo propter hoc? It's not a hip hop group.

Did you ever think Westbrook gets the triple double because his team is good enough to win against those particular teams on those nights?

We all know a hyper-aggressive PG can win a game for a team. It's fool's gold, they know and so do you. Instead of WB having all those stats, he could be sharing touches with the team, working on ball movement, defensive positioning, trust. He wouldn't sacrifice individual stats even for KD and Harden. Dude had the best players in the NBA on his team (Ibaka was up there as well) and couldn't find it within himself to play team ball.

If your team wins over 80% of the time and you have a player that averages a triple double to get it, what is the problem? Especially if you win 30% of your games when he doesnt go off.

:deadhorse

DMC
03-28-2017, 03:48 PM
If your team wins over 80% of the time and you have a player that averages a triple double to get it, what is the problem? Especially if you win 30% of your games when he doesnt go off.

They don't win over 80% of the time. Their win percentage is 57%. They are 15-21 on the road. They are bracketed by teams that are 20-19 and 19-20.

So 80% of the time that RW has a triple double, the team wins. But they don't win 80% of the time.

Here's some truth for you:

The most frequent rebound total in Westbrook's triple-doubles is 10. He's hit that number 17 times.

The most frequent assist total in Westbrook's triple-doubles is 10. He's hit that number 11 times.

Arcadian
03-28-2017, 04:21 PM

Look man, I don't "hate" Westbrook, but I just don't love him as a player like you do. The real question is, why are you such a Westbrook cocksucker? As a Spurs fan, I have no reason to be threatened by him or envious of his talents. I'd much rather have the team we have now, and we'd fucking destroy the Thunder in a series this year. Even last year with Durant on the team, they were lucky to beat us. So for those of us who don't love him, we don't have to explain ourselves at all. You're the one who looks weird showing so much love for a player that questionably deserves it - and doesn't even play for the team you follow.

lebomb
03-28-2017, 04:32 PM
They don't win over 80% of the time. Their win percentage is 57%. They are 15-21 on the road. They are bracketed by teams that are 20-19 and 19-20.

So 80% of the time that RW has a triple double, the team wins. But they don't win 80% of the time.

Here's some truth for you:

The most frequent rebound total in Westbrook's triple-doubles is 10. He's hit that number 17 times.

The most frequent assist total in Westbrook's triple-doubles is 10. He's hit that number 11 times.

Im going by facts that I saw on ESPN........google it. If WB gets a trip dub, the Thunder win over 80% of their games. When he doesnt get a trip dub they drop to 33%...........it averages out to 56%. So they are MUCH better off when he gets his trip dub.

lebomb
03-28-2017, 04:33 PM
Look man, I don't "hate" Westbrook, but I just don't love him as a player like you do. The real question is, why are you such a Westbrook cocksucker? As a Spurs fan, I have no reason to be threatened by him or envious of his talents. I'd much rather have the team we have now, and we'd fucking destroy the Thunder in a series this year. Even last year with Durant on the team, they were lucky to beat us. So for those of us who don't love him, we don't have to explain ourselves at all. You're the one who looks weird showing so much love for a player that questionably deserves it - and doesn't even play for the team you follow.

Im a Kawhi cocksucker. I just think WB is having a great year. To avg a trip dub is special and has only been done 2 other times in the history of the NBA, and not done in 179yrs or something.

SpursforSix
03-28-2017, 04:42 PM
Im a Kawhi cocksucker. I just think WB is having a great year. To avg a trip dub is special and has only been done 2 other times in the history of the NBA, and not done in 179yrs or something.

Bullshit. I could average a triple double in the NBA if my team was dedicated to making that happen.

I. Hustle
03-28-2017, 04:58 PM

What are you talking about??!! You can't be a Kawhi fan and appreciate something that a player from another team is doing!! GTFOH

unleashbaynes
03-28-2017, 07:02 PM

How many times does this need to be explained to you? It isn't special when a selfish player forces it and his team enables it.

DMC
03-28-2017, 08:13 PM
Im going by facts that I saw on ESPN........google it. If WB gets a trip dub, the Thunder win over 80% of their games. When he doesnt get a trip dub they drop to 33%...........it averages out to 56%. So they are MUCH better off when he gets his trip dub.

Or he gets his trip dub when they are much better off. Chicken-egg

So if WB gets only 9 assists vs 10, the team is more likely to lose? If Adams gets the rebound instead of Russ, the team is more likely to lose?

You don't have enough different iterations to know the truth, you're ignorant and just need numbers fed to you.

spursistan
03-28-2017, 10:37 PM

Most shameless stat-padder in the entire league..

TDMVPDPOY
03-29-2017, 12:36 AM
previous season he be hating on the media for trolling him or asking stupid questions relating to his game

now he needs them for the purpose of mvp and whatever media voted awards....

ambchang
03-29-2017, 05:52 AM

Most shameless stat-padder in the entire league..
Pffff. Rodman averaged 18rpg doing the same.

lebomb
03-29-2017, 07:16 AM
Or he gets his trip dub when they are much better off. Chicken-egg

So if WB gets only 9 assists vs 10, the team is more likely to lose? If Adams gets the rebound instead of Russ, the team is more likely to lose?

You don't have enough different iterations to know the truth, you're ignorant and just need numbers fed to you.

If numbers werent important, why and the fuck keep stats? :rolleyes

If stat padding was so easy, with the 100,000 + players that have come through the NBA, more than 3 would have avg a triple double.

Harden had a trip dub last night, he stat padded and they lost to. :claw

.G.
03-29-2017, 07:39 AM
Where is the Facebook post fail with the fat bitch talkin bout how she wants a cowboy who's out in the field slinging hay, home cooked meals, Bustin a bronc and some dude tells her that she's a beast? Please help.

lebomb
03-29-2017, 08:52 AM
Where is the Facebook post fail with the fat bitch talkin bout how she wants a cowboy who's out in the field slinging hay, home cooked meals, Bustin a bronc and some dude tells her that she's a beast? Please

help.

:lmao WTF???

Spurs9
03-29-2017, 08:54 PM
:lol 57 point triple double
Westbrook could score 120 and you guys would try to downplay it tbh

Killakobe81
03-29-2017, 09:17 PM

This. Harden gets a 40 point triple dub he gets love...
Both are amazing both are deserving.
If i was a hater i would say if Jordan/Kobe couldnt win mvp without a top record neither should Russ ...but idgaf. Again both guys are worthy and if Kiwi wins God bless him he has dominated head2head

.G.
03-29-2017, 09:22 PM
:lmao WTF???
Yeah mang I'm serious. Dis life or deaf shit

lefty20
03-29-2017, 10:24 PM
If you are the MVP, you do everything you possibly can to help ur team win and win often. Westy falls short on the last part. Now if he leads the Thunder to the #4 seed with an 8-0 finish with 8 trip-dubs then yeah, give the man his MVP trophy.

lefty
03-29-2017, 10:26 PM
To be fair he has shit teammates

DMC
03-29-2017, 11:07 PM
To be fair he has shit teammates

No he doesn't. I'm guessing you're going by their stats.

DMC
03-29-2017, 11:10 PM

Because it doesn't matter, it should be downplayed. When you're out to get the triple double, it really nullifies the feat. It has to come organically, not how Russ does it. Motherfucker took 40 shots as a PG. He took more shots than the entire starting lineup put together. They beat the Magic. Big fucking whoop.

Arcadian
03-31-2017, 09:48 PM
Westbrick tonight: 36 fg% 8 turnovers :lol

And a big fat L at the expense of the real MVP Kawhi

UZER
03-31-2017, 09:53 PM
Westbrick tonight: 36 fg% 8 turnovers :lol

And a big fat L at the expense of the real MVP Kawhi

8 TOs chasing the assists.

Arcadian
03-31-2017, 10:38 PM
:lol Aldridge swatted his shit several times in the paint...

DMC
03-31-2017, 10:41 PM
Oklahoma wins this game if Russell plays within himself instead of going for the triple double. He makes it painfully obvious what he's doing. That entire team should be fucking ass raped by a thorny cocked caco-demon and they probably will be in the first round. Every one of those players bending over taking it up the ass so that Russell can get his triple-double. What other story would come out of that meth infested shithole?

lefty
04-01-2017, 12:33 AM
No he doesn't. I'm guessing you're going by their stats.

No they are shit
They might be good enough for today's NBA fans but ultimately they suck

DMC
04-01-2017, 02:42 AM
No they are shit
They might be good enough for today's NBA fans but ultimately they suck

So Russell does everything on his own? Is this what you're saying? 5 guys on the floor and 4 of them are shit, but that one guy, he can guard every position, make every shot, get every rebound, play 48 minutes a night?

There's nothing wrong with his team. He's just a cancer like Kobe was. Kobe didn't start being a cancer after Shaq left, or after Pau went soft. He was always one.

Clipper Nation
04-01-2017, 09:42 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C7-V7aJVQAIemqg.jpg

Remember this?

But yeah, Westbrook is playing with scrubs while Harden has the 92 dream team. Sure.
:lmao Actually caring about preseason predictions once the games start being played... newsflash: they don't give out trophies for the likes of Stephen A. Smith and Chris Broussard picking you to win lots of games.

Fact is, based on the actual games that count, Westbrook IS playing with scrubs and Frauden DOES have a stacked team.

There is only one other player on the Thunder besides Westbrook with a positive BPM, and it's Steven Adams at +0.6. Westbrook's BPM is +15.2. Literally everyone else on the team either has a negative impact or no impact at all. Take Russ off that team and they're worse than the Nets.

Meanwhile, on the Rockets: Frauden, Beverley, Ariza, Harrell, Capela, and Nenê are all making a postive impact on the court. And Houston is so stacked that when Frauden goes to the bench, they are +4.8 in net points per 100 possessions and +69 overall. In contrast, when Westbrook goes to the bench, the Thunder are -9.4 per 100 possessions and -185 overall.

The facts are clear. Westbrook, you the real MVP. Frauden is one of the most fraudulent MVP candidates in league history. The Thunder would be a lottery team with Frauden instead of Westbrook, and the Rockets would be a real contender with Westbrook instead of Frauden.

Ice009
04-01-2017, 09:56 AM
Because it doesn't matter, it should be downplayed. When you're out to get the triple double, it really nullifies the feat. It has to come organically, not how Russ does it. Motherfucker took 40 shots as a PG. He took more shots than the entire starting lineup put together. They beat the Magic. Big fucking whoop.

Yep, that's the word I would use and have been using myself the past few weeks. If his triple doubles were organic and coming within the flow of the game, I'd give him the MVP right now, but I really don't think they are. I was always wondering if Oscar Robertson was trying to get triple doubles, and I got my answer a few weeks ago when I saw an interview with him where he said that he wasn't actively trying to get them, they just came within the flow of the game for him.

Don't get me wrong, what Russell is doing is amazing, but the triple doubles themselves, are a little bit artificial, IMO.

DMC
04-01-2017, 12:56 PM
Yep, that's the word I would use and have been using myself the past few weeks. If his triple doubles were organic and coming within the flow of the game, I'd give him the MVP right now, but I really don't think they are. I was always wondering if Oscar Robertson was trying to get triple doubles, and I got my answer a few weeks ago when I saw an interview with him where he said that he wasn't actively trying to get them, they just came within the flow of the game for him.

Don't get me wrong, what Russell is doing is amazing, but the triple doubles themselves, are a little bit artificial, IMO.

The rebounds are the real scam. His points are his pure and simple, even if he takes too many shots. However he's stealing rebounds from others, and oddly his hometown scorers gift him assists at a higher clip than the road scorers do.

Their road vs home record doesn't make much sense other than the fact that role players usually do better at home, so if Russ has shitty role players, why isn't there more of a balance between home and road wins?

Clipper Nation
04-01-2017, 01:08 PM
The rebound fixation is coming from people who don't watch Westbrook or the Thunder play closely enough. Westbrook isn't "stealing" rebounds, he's getting them by design. Donovan wants the ball in Westbrook's hands as quickly as possible so he can orchestrate the offense. It's a strategy that many teams use now with their guards.

I wonder why people weren't parsing every rebound to see if it was "organic" or not back when Kevin Love was in his statpadding prime. Remember the narrative that Love was better than Blake Griffin because "muh rebounds"? Meanwhile, Love was boxing his own teammates out and refusing to contest shots at the rim so he could pad his rebounds. There was no strategic purpose for him doing this, just pure selfishness on his part - artificially inflating his raw box-score numbers in the hopes that he'd be more attractive to other teams.

lefty
04-01-2017, 01:14 PM
The rebound fixation is coming from people who don't watch Westbrook or the Thunder play closely enough. Westbrook isn't "stealing" rebounds, he's getting them by design. Donovan wants the ball in Westbrook's hands as quickly as possible so he can orchestrate the offense. It's a strategy that many teams use now with their guards.

I wonder why people weren't parsing every rebound to see if it was "organic" or not back when Kevin Love was in his statpadding prime. Remember the narrative that Love was better than Blake Griffin because "muh rebounds"? Meanwhile, Love was boxing his own teammates out and refusing to contest shots at the rim so he could pad his rebounds. There was no strategic purpose for him doing this, just pure selfishness on his part - artificially inflating his raw box-score numbers in the hopes that he'd be more attractive to other teams.

UZER
04-01-2017, 01:44 PM
The rebounds are the real scam. His points are his pure and simple, even if he takes too many shots. However he's stealing rebounds from others, and oddly his hometown scorers gift him assists at a higher clip than the road scorers do.

Their road vs home record doesn't make much sense other than the fact that role players usually do better at home, so if Russ has shitty role players, why isn't there more of a balance between home and road wins?

This is the big one. Instead of the Russian hacks, this is what should really be investigated.

It's just odd that both his rebounds AND assists are right at 10pg.

DMC
04-01-2017, 01:58 PM

"Westbrook is almost never contesting shots, instead he’s leaving his man open and blatantly attacking the paint in search of defensive rebounds with a numbers advantage. Beyond this, the entire rebounding culture of the team has been centered around the bigs boxing out and deferring rebounds to Westbrook. Additionally, due to his position being perimeter oriented, his constant search of rebounds has compromised OKC’s perimeter defense, which ranks dead last in the NBA in opp. guards expected FG% by a considerable margin.

Finally, and probably the most damning statistic, is that 7.0 of Westbrook’s 10.4 rebounds per game are coming on missed FGA from 13+ feet. The largest proportion of those, 4.2, are from 19+ feet. That number ranks 4th in the NBA behind only Whiteside, Jordan, and Drummond. 83% of those rebounds on misses from 19+ feet are uncontested rebounds, meaning Westbrook had 0 competition for the board.
Why is a point guard able to grab rebounds on missed long shots without contest so frequently? Why is he not guarding the opposing point guard when there’s a FGA so far away from the basket? The opposing PG obviously isn’t in the paint next to Westbrook, or the rebound wouldn’t be uncontested. Is he just abandoning his man when a player has the ball on the perimeter and is likely to shoot?"

http://dailythunder.com/russell-westbrook-triple-doubles-and-stat-padding-accusations/

Just look at all that semen shielding. Of particular note is this part though:

Every player’s stats in the NBA aren’t authentic. Every player is chasing numbers to some degree. Kevin Durant buzzer-clutched his way to a 50-40-90 season.

:lol throwing KD under the bus. Shocker!
:lol admitting that the Thunder game the stats system just to throw KD under the bus

As for Donovan:

"I asked Donovan about this exact thing (not playing defense so he can chase rebounds) early in the season and his answer was simple: If he thought Westbrook was doing this, it would be something addressed in film. But he hasn’t seen it as an issue, and nothing statistically speaking suggests it is."

But I'll play Devil's advocate and say it's CIADonovan: Doesn't that mean the Thunder are gaming the system, that Russ' stats are not organic? Of course, so that's not even a decent rebuttal.

Take more shots, score more points
Game rebound system, grab more boards
Cherry pick your passes for assists, sacrificing turnovers - get more assists

I guess there's always that side story in the game, because face it - there's only a couple interesting matchups in the league and that only happens a couple times a year.

Nothing amazing there, just pathetic that anyone falls for the shit.

But yeah... MVP Westbrook.. what a beast :wakeup

DMC
04-01-2017, 03:06 PM
Gaming the rebound stat padding system (https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/28AB2730E91432134400392466432_597b112affa.43.0.561 61B28-6E7D-4DC4-BAEA-991A58EB5C04.mp4?versionId=GL_iej_GnMNDV.kkj5xrZXv wFiaVGklr)

Legit? If so, why is OKC the 2nd worst team in the league for DRB on missed FTs yet Russ is head and shoulders above even the top centers in rebounds off missed FTs?

Is OKC playing the marketing angle with Russ?

unleashbaynes
04-01-2017, 04:36 PM
It's funny how CN shits on players like Kirby but semen shields for Westbrook :lol

Clipper Nation
04-01-2017, 04:53 PM
It's funny how CN shits on players like Kirby but semen shields for Westbrook :lol
Horrible comparison. Westbrook is a legitimate superstar and an alpha who makes his team better. Kobe was an overglorified role player who made the teams he played on worse.

DMC
04-01-2017, 08:00 PM
Horrible comparison. Westbrook is a legitimate superstar and an alpha who makes his team better. Kobe was an overglorified role player who made the teams he played on worse.

Westbrook is gaming a system that allows him to game it. He's nothing more than a freak athlete with average basketball skills and below average IQ. Everyone is overglorified to you.. now you're saying a guy with 2 Finals MVPs and 5 rings is a role player. That shits all over your take with Klay Thompson. Nice to see how off bubble you are though. It helps me weigh your takes.

tbdog
04-02-2017, 04:35 AM
https://streamable.com/pio2n

DMC
04-02-2017, 12:24 PM
It's a gimmick and anyone who cannot see that is retarded.

Still, it's better than tanking. I still respect Russ for playing hard every night and if he can squeeze some engineered awards out of the season at the expense of team success, good for him. Still a gimmick though. I'd like to see the MVP actually go to someone who's making a difference in the standings, in the league - someone who isn't gaming the system for stats. Rewarding that kind of exploitation is bad for the league.

Anyone who thinks it's a team strategy must also think it's a team strategy for Russ to ball hog in the AS game and try to get the scoring record as well (was cock blocked by a coach that benched him and a team that favored Davis instead).

Russ will never be liked in the NBA.

DMC
04-02-2017, 04:01 PM
:lol less than 5 minutes to go in the 4th, Thunder down by 20 and Russ still in the game trying to get that last assist. An achilles tear would be justice.

lebomb
04-03-2017, 10:36 AM
WB .......... :claw

UZER
04-03-2017, 01:06 PM
:lol less than 5 minutes to go in the 4th, Thunder down by 20 and Russ still in the game trying to get that last assist. An achilles tear would be justice.

Once again, lands right at 10 assists. :lol

Surprised he did magically get one while he was on the bench by the hometown scorers.

DMC
04-03-2017, 08:03 PM
Once again, lands right at 10 assists. :lol

Surprised he did magically get one while he was on the bench by the hometown scorers.

His game changed as soon as he hit the triple double. If it's a scheme drawn up by the coach, it must only matter when Russ doesn't yet have the triple double.

DMC
04-03-2017, 08:03 PM
WB .......... :claw

^Stat watcher, never saw a game in his life.

lebomb
04-03-2017, 08:48 PM

:lmao. Whatever lil homie.

Clipper Nation
04-03-2017, 08:49 PM
:lol The irony.

DMC
04-03-2017, 08:50 PM
:lol The irony.

Says "the irony" when he's spent his life on the NBA forum for a team other than his own. :lol

djohn2oo8
04-04-2017, 06:45 AM

Exactly. Westbrook makes Kobe look like a team player.

lebomb
04-04-2017, 07:15 AM
Says "the irony" when he's spent his life on the NBA forum for a team other than his own. :lol

This is some stupid shit. I cant like another basketball player? They all have to be Spurs? :lmao

Todays Spurs Fan :lol

DMC
04-04-2017, 05:14 PM
This is some stupid shit. I cant like another basketball player? They all have to be Spurs? :lmao

Todays Spurs Fan :lol

Are you Clipper Nation?

lebomb
04-05-2017, 07:00 AM
Are you Clipper Nation?

Naw homie, Im tha Fawtbox King. :claw

By the way...........41 :toast

spursistan
04-05-2017, 05:24 PM

Clipper Nation
04-05-2017, 09:28 PM
43/9/10. MVP.

:lol Haters

04-05-2017, 09:33 PM
43/9/10. MVP.

:lol Haters
poor harden

lebomb
04-06-2017, 07:15 AM

I read a quoted article from Thunder players that said they design their offense for Westbrook to the get rebounds so he gets the ball in his hands quicker. This allows Adams and Kanter to just block out their man, WB gets the board and goes. Thats what I read. Doesnt matter, he would still avg a double double with points and assists. But alas.....WB with the trip dub!!!! 41 and counting niggras. :claw

unleashbaynes
04-06-2017, 07:38 AM
I read a quoted article from Thunder players that said they design their offense for Westbrook to the get rebounds so he gets the ball in his hands quicker. This allows Adams and Kanter to just block out their man, WB gets the board and goes. Thats what I read. Doesnt matter, he would still avg a double double with points and assists. But alas.....WB with the trip dub!!!! 41 and counting niggras. :claw

He didn't even get a triple double you maroon.

And that's the dumbest thing ever. They can try to sell the "we wanna get the ball into his hands asap" nonsense but i'm not buying it. They're just enabling a selfish player. If they wanted to push it in transition he could just leak out and Adams or Kanter could throw him an outlet. Better strategy. Once the playoffs roll around, having a strategy where you hope the shortest guy on the court gets every rebound isn't gonna work.

Clipper Nation
04-06-2017, 07:40 AM
Were the Nets "enabling a selfish player" when they used to do the same thing with Kidd?

lebomb
04-06-2017, 08:31 AM
He didn't even get a triple double you maroon.

And that's the dumbest thing ever. They can try to sell the "we wanna get the ball into his hands asap" nonsense but i'm not buying it. They're just enabling a selfish player. If they wanted to push it in transition he could just leak out and Adams or Kanter could throw him an outlet. Better strategy. Once the playoffs roll around, having a strategy where you hope the shortest guy on the court gets every rebound isn't gonna work.

He is at 41. He got a triple double the game before clown. :claw

Actually it has worked, and will work. Dont hate the playuh or the game.

DMC
04-06-2017, 12:46 PM
Were the Nets "enabling a selfish player" when they used to do the same thing with Kidd?

CN pulling a WC acting like he didn't just read that on some reddit feed.

Brazil
04-06-2017, 05:14 PM

Clitoris Nation

:cry it is by design :cry

:lmao

Clipper Nation
04-06-2017, 06:11 PM
CN pulling a WC acting like he didn't just read that on some reddit feed.
I didn't "read it somewhere," I watched Kidd play. He was just like Westbrook on the boards, it's just that fans weren't sperging out over how "organic" his rebounds were.

Fabbs
04-06-2017, 06:57 PM
Have no respect for his triple double stats.
I mean it's still impressive he is putting up #s, but obvious padding is obvious.

DMC
04-06-2017, 07:33 PM
I didn't "read it somewhere," I watched Kidd play. He was just like Westbrook on the boards, it's just that fans weren't sperging out over how "organic" his rebounds were.

Well his team wasn't boxing out everyone else so he could rebound. There's a huge difference. If you haven't watched them play you need to in order to understand.

DMC
04-06-2017, 07:39 PM
Any of you guys who play NBA 2K17 in career mode and want to get your guy insane stats, you basically do what Westbrook does. You have him be the point guard, you shoot the ball almost every trip or you pass to someone in the final few seconds of the shot clock to force the computer to shoot the ball. To get the rebounds you just leave your man and head towards the basket as soon as you think someone's going to shoot or even before. That's what Russell does.

If they give that stupid fuck the MVP for doing that shit I won't watch basketball again, because it means nothing. It has become the WWE.

lebomb
04-07-2017, 04:35 PM
42 comes tonight :claw

DMC
04-07-2017, 10:01 PM
42 comes tonight :claw

Westbrook 0-11, 1 point.

spursistan
04-07-2017, 11:16 PM

Anyone who denies Russ stat-whoring :lol..Down 20+ with 3 minutes left..

DMC
04-07-2017, 11:29 PM
And he missed it, lol. He got like 6 turnovers trying to get that 4th assist. What a faggot. :cry but he's a trill nigga, trip dub hero :cry

StrengthAndHonor
04-07-2017, 11:34 PM

Nothing wrong with that though. Even the classy and humble Admiral did it.

DMC
04-07-2017, 11:36 PM
Nothing wrong with that though. Even the classy and humble Admiral did it.

Not for a full season.

StrengthAndHonor
04-07-2017, 11:37 PM
Not for a full season.
Good point, that said, you folks have a good night :)

spursistan
04-07-2017, 11:40 PM
And he missed it, lol. He got like 6 turnovers trying to get that 4th assist. What a faggot. :cry but he's a trill nigga, trip dub hero :cry
The only thing that will stop this stat-padding charade-- a scourge spreading around the league really -is him or another big name star blowing an Achilles in garbage time chasing their precious TDs..

04-07-2017, 11:42 PM
2017, year of the manufactured triple doubles

DMC
04-08-2017, 12:02 AM
The only thing that will stop this stat-padding charade-- a scourge spreading around the league really -is him or another big name star blowing an Achilles in garbage time chasing their precious TDs..

Nah, the Warriors traded a ring for a RS record last year.

unleashbaynes
04-08-2017, 06:45 AM

MVP

LkrFan
04-08-2017, 08:42 AM
Westbrook > LeBeta. Put him on this stacked Cavs team and he is in the Finals every year too.

Clipper Nation
04-08-2017, 08:56 AM
:lol The haters are sooooo mad that Russ clinched averaging a triple-double for the season last night. 55 years and nobody could "stat-pad" their way to a triple-double average until Alphabrook did it.

Clipper Nation
04-08-2017, 08:57 AM
Westbrook > LeBeta. Put him on this stacked Cavs team and he is in the Finals every year too.
Takes like these are a big reason why America voted for Trump. You have to go back, Felicio. :downspin:

LkrFan
04-08-2017, 11:01 AM
Takes like these are a big reason why America voted for Trump. You have to go back, Felicio. :downspin:

LeBeta never averaged a double double let alone a triple double. :tu

DMC
04-08-2017, 11:28 AM

No team would stack with Russ as the alpha. His gimmick is known already league-wide. A player just needs a team and coaching system that allows that kind of shit, and Russ has it. He had part of it when Durant was around, but KD took too much of Russ' glory.

Imagine if the Clippers cleared out so Paul could rebound. He'd have 12 a game. Imagine if he took 33 shots a night. Image that for Kyrie, Lillard, Wall, Thomas.. any of them. The stats would appear so much more dominant but their records would be shit.

LkrFan
04-08-2017, 11:32 AM
No team would stack with Russ as the alpha. His gimmick is known already league-wide. A player just needs a team and coaching system that allows that kind of shit, and Russ has it. He had part of it when Durant was around, but KD took too much of Russ' glory.

Imagine if the Clippers cleared out so Paul could rebound. He'd have 12 a game. Imagine if he took 33 shots a night. Image that for Kyrie, Lillard, Wall, Thomas.. any of them. The stats would appear so much more dominant but their records would be shit.

Westbrook just had a season for the ages. You LeBeta nut huggers need to give him his props and stop hating.

DMC
04-08-2017, 11:37 AM
Westbrook just had a season for the ages. You LeBeta nut huggers need to give him his props and stop hating.

If Westbrook's team just had a season for the ages, that would be noteworthy. You stat fags can worship Kobe's dead carcass and piss off back to Colima.

LkrFan
04-08-2017, 11:37 AM
:lol The haters are sooooo mad that Russ clinched averaging a triple-double for the season last night. 55 years and nobody could "stat-pad" their way to a triple-double average until Alphabrook did it.

I've seen many games whereas LeHype was either dancing on the sideline during a blowout (disrespect) or the Cavs were up 20+ and he was still in the game tryna get his numbers (stat padding).

http://ihatelebronjames.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/LeBron-Check-my-Stats.jpg

You have nary room son.

LkrFan
04-08-2017, 12:03 PM
If Westbrook's team just had a season for the ages, that would be noteworthy. You stat fags can worship Kobe's dead carcass and piss off back to Colima.

Why you bringing up Kobe? Might as well bring up Worthy and Magic too. Name on the front son, not necessarily the back.

Clipper Nation
04-08-2017, 12:06 PM
Why you bringing up Kobe?

You're pretty much asking for it by complaining that other players pad their stats, Rigoberto :lol

LkrFan
04-08-2017, 12:46 PM
You're pretty much asking for it by complaining that other players pad their stats, Rigoberto :lol

Kobe is a former Laker. As a result, I'll be selective of my defense of him by any of you farmers :lol

DMC
04-08-2017, 12:59 PM
Why you bringing up Kobe? Might as well bring up Worthy and Magic too. Name on the front son, not necessarily the back.

You didn't say the Thunder had a noteworthy season. That's the name on the front, Arturo.

DMC
04-08-2017, 01:00 PM
I've seen many games whereas LeHype was either dancing on the sideline during a blowout (disrespect) or the Cavs were up 20+ and he was still in the game tryna get his numbers (stat padding).

http://ihatelebronjames.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/LeBron-Check-my-Stats.jpg

You have nary room son.

In Lebron's case, he's referring to his financial stats, as made evident by the $ sign. In pesos, Lebron is worth more than the number of stars in the sky.

LkrFan
04-08-2017, 01:26 PM
You didn't say the Thunder had a noteworthy season. That's the name on the front, Arturo.

LkrFan
04-08-2017, 03:21 PM

He's talking to the following farmers: midnightpulp and Clipper Nation and DMC :lol

lebomb
04-08-2017, 03:36 PM
Yup, passed it because his shot was off.

Clipper Nation
04-08-2017, 03:48 PM
Meanwhile, Kobe would have kept chucking and bricking.

Alphabrook :worthy:

DMC
04-08-2017, 05:16 PM

He's talking to the following farmers: midnightpulp and Clipper Nation and DMC :lol

Nigga was 0-11 and for some reason still took 14 more shots. He was playing to win. "Oh I gotta take these shots and over-pass because we need this game" -Westbrook, down by 20 in the 4th

spursistan
04-09-2017, 04:31 PM

Clipper Nation
04-09-2017, 04:41 PM
Literally the pinned tweet from his timeline:

A bandwagon Warriors homer who's just hating on Westbrook to protect Durbeta's reputation. That's the best you can do?

DMC
04-09-2017, 06:13 PM
Literally the pinned tweet from his timeline:

A bandwagon Warriors homer who's just hating on Westbrook to protect Durbeta's reputation. That's the best you can do?

Was anything untrue about what the tweet said?

Russ stat padded, that's it and that's all.

resistanze
04-09-2017, 06:21 PM
:wow

What a gamewinner by Chuckbrook

lebomb
04-09-2017, 06:25 PM
Westbrook went nutsack deep on the haters!!! 50pts, 16 rb, 10ast and the game winning 3ptr.:claw

lebomb
04-09-2017, 06:26 PM
MVP MVP MVP!!!

Killakobe81
04-09-2017, 06:33 PM
Westbrook went nutsack deep on the haters!!! 50pts, 16 rb, 10ast and the game winning 3ptr.:claw

My favorite non Laker to watch sure LeBron is better and long-term rather have Kiwi...but his haters are ridiculous...

gambit1990
04-09-2017, 06:36 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFdm592h-mc

Clipper Nation
04-09-2017, 06:51 PM
God, aka Westbrook :worthy:

:lmao Haters BTFO as usual

spurraider21
04-09-2017, 06:56 PM

Kobe is a former Laker. As a result, I'll be selective of my defense of him by any of you farmers :lolis that how you talk to your employers?

UZER
04-09-2017, 07:09 PM
Right at 10 assists again. :lol
He's definitely chasing the triple double.

With that said, I wish more guys had the outright passion to win EVERY game that Westbrook does. He's still a bonehead when it matters most, but he's plays with unbelievable fire.

lebomb
04-09-2017, 07:11 PM
DMC get in here nigga!!! :claw

Killakobe81
04-09-2017, 07:18 PM
Agree he needs a bit more Kiwi (discipline)
But If Kiwi had more Russ he would be unstoppable

unleashbaynes
04-09-2017, 07:19 PM
:lmao holy shit

lebomb
04-09-2017, 07:23 PM
Not only did he beat the trip dub record, score fitty and the game winner, he also knocked Denvers ass out of the playoffs.
Epic game!!!:lol

LkrFan
04-09-2017, 07:23 PM

Westbrook is the best player in the league.

spurraider21
04-09-2017, 07:28 PM
it's no surprise laker fans are propping up russ, as they know he's no real threat to kobe's "legacy"

Clipper Nation
04-09-2017, 07:39 PM
Just imagine how many rings Shaq and Pau would have won with Westbrook instead of Kobe :wow

Killakobe81
04-09-2017, 08:20 PM
it's no surprise laker fans are propping up russ, as they know he's no real threat to kobe's "legacy"

Wtf does this have to do with Kobe?
Look Kobe is one of my favorite players ever but i doubt he could do this. Kobe had better fundamentals, and was the more naturally gifted scorer ... but as good as Kobe was as an athlete Russ is one of the few that can rival LeBron as a natural athlete ...he and LeBron can do things Kobe is just not capable of ...

LkrFan
04-09-2017, 08:26 PM

Seventyniner
04-09-2017, 08:29 PM
Imagine if Durant had stayed in OC, we would have never seen this. Thank you Durant :cry

ambchang
04-09-2017, 09:02 PM

Even LkrFan knows Westbrook > Kobe already and how unintentionally hilarious your comment was. Sorry 21, you got this one wrong.

DMC
04-09-2017, 09:57 PM
Russ going for every consolation prize available. He should have plenty room in his trophy case for the "most triple doubles in a season" Word document printout certificate he'll have embossed and framed in Jade and tortoise shell.

lefty
04-09-2017, 10:09 PM
Goat!

Killakobe81
04-09-2017, 10:22 PM
Spur fans mad Westbrook might win ...
lashing out at Laker fans ...
Spent all season arguing why Kiwi was da real mvp ...
And mad that i said he wouldnt make 1st team All NBA if Durant was healthy ...

60 plus wins a top 5 player and still bitter and insecure..

Wgaf if Russ wins mvp stop hating.
Laker fans aint even got a star or a fool's gold record to look at right now ...

Ice009
04-09-2017, 11:57 PM
Spur fans mad Westbrook might win ...
lashing out at Laker fans ...
Spent all season arguing why Kiwi was da real mvp ...
And mad that i said he wouldnt make 1st team All NBA if Durant was healthy ...

60 plus wins a top 5 player and still bitter and insecure..

Wgaf if Russ wins mvp stop hating.
Laker fans aint even got a star or a fool's gold record to look at right now ...

So I take it you think the Spurs' record is fool's gold?

As for Russell Westbrook, the main reason I didn't think he was the MVP is 1. his team's record and 2. I didn't think a lot of the triple doubles were organic. About 4 or 5 weeks ago, I was wondering if Oscar Robertson was trying to get triple doubles when he was playing, and then I saw an interview where he said he wasn't trying to get them at all, they just happened in the flow of the game, organically. At that point, I didn't want to give Russ the MVP, but after tonight's game, I think I've changed my tune as his numbers are just too much to ignore. He's played his ass off, and I think he's the MVP. I'd vote Kawhi second.

I had Kawhi as my pick because of his record against all the other top players, and also the fact that he played defense on them when the game was on the line to help the Spurs get those wins. His defense really was huge as it contributed to all those guys finishing off those games poorly. However, after the loss against the Warriors I allowed the possibility for me to pick someone else. Spurs needed to win that one IMO, and Kawhi needed to have a big game to put his name up there with Westbrook and Harden, but unfortunately they didn't and he didn't have a great game. I still rate Kawhi's season (so far) up there with Westbrook and Harden, but for the media to look at him, the Spurs needed to win that last game against the Warriors and he needed to play well in that one, but unfortunately that didn't happen. I'm also still mad about the loss, as that is one of the only games of the regular season that I wanted to win, but if I take out my anger from that game, I really do think Kawhi's had a great, great season. His offense has been great, and his defense on some of the top players to close out games has been great too. You can't say that about any of the other candidates. That's why he had a real shot at it, IMO.

Killakobe81
04-10-2017, 12:00 AM
So I take it you think the Spurs' record is fool's gold?

As for Russell Westbrook, the main reason I didn't think he was the MVP is 1. his team's record and 2. I didn't think a lot of the triple doubles were organic. About 4 or 5 weeks ago, I was wondering if Oscar Robertson was trying to get triple doubles when he was playing, and then I saw an interview where he said he wasn't trying to get them at all, they just happened in the flow of the game, organically. At that point, I didn't want to give Russ the MVP, but after tonight's game, I think I've changed my tune. He's played his ass off, and I think he's the MVP. I'd vote Kawhi second.

I had Kawhi as my pick because of his record against all the other top players, and also the fact that he played defense on them when the game was on the line to help the Spurs get those wins. However, after the loss against the Warriors I allowed the possibility for me to pick someone else. Spurs needed to win that one IMO, and Kawhi needed to have a big game to put his name up there with Westbrook and Harden, but unfortunately they didn't and he didn't have a great game. I still rate Kawhi's season (so far) up there with Westbrook and Harden, but for the media to look at him, the Spurs needed to win that last game against the Warriors and he needed to play well in that one, but unfortunately that didn't happen.

Could be Houston or OKC's shit almost every other team has better record than Lakers ...