PDA

View Full Version : Green needs to go.

xellos88330
03-15-2017, 09:50 PM
I don't care how good his defense is. He is absolutely useless on offense. You cannot depend on any scoring output from him on the regular. He is a turnover or a turnover that hits the rim first when he drives to the basket. This guy has no business being on the court if he cannot figure out how to put the ball in the hole from inside the 3pt line or drive the ball without turning it over or making a layup every now and then. The 2 really needs to be addressed this off season. Simmons will not be able to cut it. I say bring Hanga next season. He may be able to at least draw a foul.

TheGreatYacht
03-15-2017, 09:51 PM
This faggot will go blame-free as per usual, then when he has a game a month from now where he hits the shots he's supposed to hit his slurpers will spam the forum

TheGreatYacht
03-15-2017, 09:53 PM
The D in D-League certainly doesn't stand for defense anymore :lol

BatManu20
He's definitely regressed Offensively this season, but there just aren't any other options for us out there right now. He's on a team-friendly deal and his defense is really important to our team. He's going to be a Spur for at least a couple more seasons.

Mikeanaro
He is horrible, but the new weapon in his arsenal is... he is slow as fuck.

timtonymanu
03-15-2017, 09:55 PM
He is what he is. His shortcomings are even more apparent now that the 80 million dollar big can't do anything on offense anymore and the 45 million point guard can't even suit up.

TheGreatYacht
03-15-2017, 09:57 PM
Seriously can't remember the last time he shut someone down..

2014 maybe? Back when he wasn't 30 years old

Mikeanaro
03-15-2017, 09:58 PM
Seriously can't remember the last time he shut someone down..

2014 maybe? Back when he wasn't 30 years old
Dude is becoming a traffic cone, seriously.

TheGreatYacht
03-15-2017, 10:01 PM
Dude is becoming a traffic cone, seriously.
Your typical ST poster will hopefully realize how replaceable this guy is next season... same people that swore the defense would collapse without Splitter

Mikeanaro
03-15-2017, 10:02 PM
Your typical ST poster will hopefully realize how replaceable this guy is next season... same people that swore the defense would collapse without Splitter
I like that part when they say he was the nucleus of the whole 2014 run, majestical pick ´n roll :lmao

loveforthegame
03-15-2017, 10:02 PM
Wait. You're not impressed with his 1-7 games he's farting out regularly?

TheGreatYacht
03-15-2017, 10:05 PM
I like that part when they say he was the nucleus of the whole 2014 run, majestical pick ´n roll :lmao
God damn hipster posters. They're also Fathead fans to make it worse

$pursDynasty
03-15-2017, 10:05 PM
His shot is off and that wingstop defense seems to be gone as well. Not reliable from 3 and sub par defense makes him a negative

DMC
03-15-2017, 10:23 PM
Danny has been struggling since he signed the contract. That's an indication of someone who took their foot off the gas, not some calibration issues. He's got 4 at 10m each, and a player option prior to his UFA. Danny is in the driver's seat. He doesn't need to worry.

Look at how his shooting percentage dropped the year after he signed the contract.. and remains. He shot 33% from 3 last season and 39.9 so far this season. Prior to last season his 3pt % hadn't dipped below 40% in 4 years. He signs in the summer of 2015 and bam.. suckage. Not a coincidence his best year was a contract season. That says a lot about a player's effort and going forward it's a good indicator of what you can expect to see from him.

Chews
03-15-2017, 10:27 PM
Danny has been struggling since he signed the contract. That's an indication of someone who took their foot off the gas, not some calibration issues. He's got 4 at 10m each, and a player option prior to his UFA. Danny is in the driver's seat. He doesn't need to worry.

Look at how his shooting percentage dropped the year after he signed the contract.. and remains. He shot 33% from 3 last season and 39.9 so far this season. Prior to last season his 3pt % hadn't dipped below 40% in 4 years. He signs in the summer of 2015 and bam.. suckage. Not a coincidence his best year was a contract season. That says a lot about a player's effort and going forward it's a good indicator of what you can expect to see from him.

This. Not necessarily in a "he doesn't care" way, but this is my opinion as well.

TheGreatYacht
03-15-2017, 10:29 PM
Not including today, D-League is shooting 35.4% from deep since New Years.

His cheerleaders thought the 33.2% he shot last year was a fluke, but it wasn't. He either is washed, mailing it in, or an alcoholic.

Dont care for some stats regarding his defense. They also say Fathead is an elite defender.

midnightpulp
03-15-2017, 10:30 PM
And yet his RPM will probably increase in some illogical way :lol

TheGreatYacht
03-15-2017, 10:33 PM
And yet his RPM will probably increase in some illogical way :lol
The guy that created that stat says Curry should be MVP this year. No joke, BillMc can confirm

ElNono
03-15-2017, 10:40 PM
He doesn't need to go, he just needs to understand what his limitations are. I thought that was a process that was going to happen in the early part of the season, and by this time he would have an idea of what works and doesn't.

So, he should just play to his strengths. I don't mind him taking 3s, even if he clanks them. That's is his game offensively. The putting the ball on the floor or trying to do an entry pass is stuff he needs to stay away from.

RD2191
03-15-2017, 10:45 PM
OP dropping nukes

Chinook
03-15-2017, 11:07 PM
:lol

james evans
03-15-2017, 11:27 PM
he's 6'5 in the prime of his career, played 4 years of college balll and still doesnt want to attack the basket when he gets in the paint. He's looking to pass the ball every time. he just wants to sit at the 3 point line and brick open jumpers all day

spurraider21
03-15-2017, 11:30 PM
it's been a while since i've felt confident when the ball leaves his hand...

still, it's not like we have better options for the most part. yeah, manu is still playing relatively well, but he can't play big minutes. simmons isn't a realistic answer. forbes belongs in china.

sasaint
03-15-2017, 11:32 PM

His latest contract was widely considered a hometown discount. I was watching the Vegas SL game when it was announced. I will never forget his court side interview when he was asked about that "hometown discount." With what seemed to me like a cat-that-just-ate-the-canary smile, He replied that he thought he was being paid what he was worth. I have never forgotten his expression or his reply.

TheGreatYacht
03-15-2017, 11:34 PM
it's been a while since i've felt confident when the ball leaves his hand...

still, it's not like we have better options for the most part. yeah, manu is still playing relatively well, but he can't play big minutes. simmons isn't a realistic answer. forbes belongs in china.
Exactly why PATFO should be rightly criticized for standing pat at the deadline

Hoops Czar
03-15-2017, 11:50 PM

:lmao

Keepin' it real
03-15-2017, 11:57 PM
Not bad for a #46 draft pick who couldn't get off the bench on a crappy Cavs team. The Spurs have squeezed alot of lemonade out of that lemon.

TheGreatYacht
03-16-2017, 12:01 AM
Not bad for a #46 draft pick who couldn't get off the bench on a crappy Cavs team. The Spurs have squeezed alot of lemonade out of that lemon.
$40,000,000 for a dried up lemon. Sad!

DeRozan m8
03-16-2017, 12:13 AM
It's fucking fucked.

Front office must be really trying to find a way out of this....

TimDunkem
03-16-2017, 12:27 AM
It's fucking fucked.

Front office must be really trying to find a way out of this....Not really. FO is content, imo.

TimDunkem
03-16-2017, 12:32 AM
But, yeah, - as others have said - there are not very many better options on the team, but he is indeed a negative at this point.

Sad that a 40 year old Manu is still better than he is and STILL the go-to guy at the 2. But who didn't see this coming when they resigned Manu? Honestly, that's what madr me believe that the FO is content. They have yet to find a viable replacement for Manu/starter at the 2, and have barely found one for Parker in Murray. They're really running these guys into the ground.

spursistan
03-16-2017, 12:39 AM

:rolleyes

YGWHI
03-16-2017, 01:21 AM
He's definitely regressed Offensively this season, but there just aren't any other options for us out there right now. He's on a team-friendly deal and his defense is really important to our team. He's going to be a Spur for at least a couple more seasons.

Not sure if I should laugh or cry when people here keep saying this...

It's sad because I used to love his 3-D game but there were, are, and will be better options on offense than him....Guards, bigs, whatever.

Rockets signed Gordon for nothing, Pels w Boogie, Blazers w Nurkic...

YGWHI
03-16-2017, 01:32 AM

:rolleyes

Also, it could help if our backcourt multiple lineups of Patty/Danny, Patty/Manu, Manu/Simms, weren't that bad.

One is old af, other is losing his minutes because he isn't aggresive anymore....then you have Danny, who can't drive for shit

All this...without mentioning Parker. Imagine how bad it turns with him being net negative in playoffs

Spur|n|Austin
03-16-2017, 01:53 AM
Can't wait to come back and quote all y'all.

BG_Spurs_Fan
03-16-2017, 01:57 AM
He's a proven playoff performer, he'll show up.

Ditty
03-16-2017, 02:48 AM
He's still a pretty good defensive player when he wants to be.

As for his shot, I'm not as confident in it anymore. I cringe when he dribbles as nothing ever good seems to happen.

He has made some big shots when we needed him in the past though, and has shot and played very well three of the last four postseasons so I'm not losing complete hope.

I said a while back that he will be the one traded this summer if Spurs somehow have another second round exit than Lamarcus.

LittleCriminal
03-16-2017, 03:05 AM
I think Pop needs to tell him
The next time you drive to the hole you will be unable to wear those sleeves on ur bowed legs for the rest of the season.
That will straighten him out.

lofds
03-16-2017, 04:31 AM
The last few games Green has just pissed away the ball in important stretches of the game. He is not a playmaker, he should never be allowed to make a pass that's not swinging the ball.

BillMc
03-16-2017, 05:59 AM
The guy that created that stat says Curry should be MVP this year. No joke, BillMc (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=16431) can confirm

This is true.
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18869287/wonky-tonkiest-nitty-grittiest-most-analytically-correct-mvp-debate-all

pookenstein
03-16-2017, 06:04 AM
He sits at 39.2% from 3 this year. Had he only made three(!) more of his 278 Long balls, he'd be at 40%. Sure, he's had better seasons from outside, but we don't need him to shoot lights out this RS to get that #1 seed.

I trust him to hit his shots in the Playoffs, just like last year, when he turned his icy 33% up to 50%. Granted, the sample size is only ten games, but he made 24/48 threes.

coachmac87
03-16-2017, 08:22 AM
The game of basketball all starts with confidence. Period. Danny has extremely shaky confidence because even he knows his extreme limitations o
as a basketball player....

The worst part about it is he's terrible at basic fundamentals of basketball...passing or dribbling..he's like a high school skilled player when it comes to that stuff..

He's even extremely limited when it comes to shooting..can't shoot on the move or off the dribble..can't run him off screens etc. He's pretty much just a catch and shoot player..his balance and feet can be atrocious when it even comes to that.

But it all starts with confidence..Green knows he's not very good at anything at all really outside of playing Defense..but he still makes more mental errors than he should. 13' Finals was great performance but it's was 4 years ago and people need to stop hoping or holding on to that to grade him as a player..

It's frustrating because he has physical tools..just doesn't have the work ethic and desire to be great..

Big Empty
03-16-2017, 08:41 AM
I agree. a SG that can score, dribble & drive and play decent D is what is needed this offseason. Hell if Simmons wasa better shooter Id be interested in how that would play out but he cant shoot to save his life. Danny is too inconsistent.

Dex
03-16-2017, 08:43 AM
Oh, the Spurs lost and suddenly everyone on the team sucks again?

This schtick got old a long time ago, SpursTalk.

Chinook
03-16-2017, 08:51 AM
Oh, the Spurs lost and suddenly everyone on the team sucks again?

This schtick got old a long time ago, SpursTalk.

Seriously. Green's been on the team for seven years now. The Spurs won a title with him and damned sure should have won a second one. Pretty sure that completely outweighs losing to Portland in March.

03-16-2017, 09:38 AM
Better PG than Porker tbh

TheGreatYacht
03-16-2017, 09:42 AM
Spurs won a title with Splitter at starter. Doesn't mean he's no longer a TOSB that deserved to get traded.

coachmac87
03-16-2017, 09:50 AM
Seriously. Green's been on the team for seven years now. The Spurs won a title with him and damned sure should have won a second one. Pretty sure that completely outweighs losing to Portland in March.

It's not about losing to Portland...but you cannot deny his regression as a player. Hes just not an elite shooter like some make him out to be..

When it comes to "open" looks from 3 I'm more confident in Gasol, Mills, Kawhi, Parker (Corner) and probably Manu cause he has balls of steel.

I'm curious to see what the uncontested 3pt percentages are for the players tbh...

Chinook
03-16-2017, 09:53 AM
Spurs won a title with Splitter at starter. Doesn't mean he's no longer a TOSB that deserved to get traded.

Difference is people weren't arguing that Tiago was too injured in 2014. They were arguing stupid shit like he was too soft.

:cry: D-League can't dribble :cry:

First-world, regular-season problems.

dabom
03-16-2017, 10:01 AM
Better PG than Porker tbh

So funny but sad, cause it's true. :lol

Chinook
03-16-2017, 10:06 AM
It's not about losing to Portland...

Yes it is. None of this shit comes up when he plays well (including against OKC in the playoffs last year). It's the same shit every time. People expect the Spurs to be 10-1 against the top teams as if that's not most important. But shit, if someone like Portland gets them, then it's all about who should go or why the Spurs are fake contenders. The Spurs have dropped eight games against all likely playoff teams from both conferences and have won 24 of them. It's crazy that they're getting doubted so much.

palangi
03-16-2017, 10:30 AM
Yes it is. None of this shit comes up when he plays well (including against OKC in the playoffs last year). It's the same shit every time. People expect the Spurs to be 10-1 against the top teams as if that's not most important. But shit, if someone like Portland gets them, then it's all about who should go or why the Spurs are fake contenders. The Spurs have dropped eight games against all likely playoff teams from both conferences and have won 24 of them. It's crazy that they're getting doubted so much.
The ultimate D-league defender!:loser

coachmac87
03-16-2017, 10:51 AM

I didn't watch the Portland game so I don't know exactly what he did..but by reading post I kinda have an idea and this isn't new..

I feel I've been pretty consistent/fair when it comes to criticism. If he's not an elite 3pt shooter that's going to be a problem..there's no excuse as to why he can't shoot at least 42% from 3 with all the open looks he gets..

If he's going to be shooting 35%-37% that's not good enough...cause Manu can give you that and then some on the offensive end. Everybody understands his value defensively but you've gotta bring something to the table on the other end..Bruce Bowen was challenged offensively but he made himself into a consistent elite 3pt shooter...you expected him to make corners threes all day...and even he established a one dribble pull up when they ran him off the line.

I'm not asking much of the guy and tbh the most frustrating thing is if he would stay consistent 40%+ shooter we'd be pretty much unbeatable.

sasaint
03-16-2017, 11:08 AM
I didn't watch the Portland game so I don't know exactly what he did..but by reading post I kinda have an idea and this isn't new..

I'm not asking much of the guy and tbh the most frustrating thing is if he would stay consistent 40%+ shooter we'd be pretty much unbeatable.

No, not asking much, but too much for Danny anymore. Time to move on from Danny, Tony and Manu. The collapse of Simmons after Pop apparently was counting on him only spotlights what is a non-contending backcourt. Pop should have brought Murray along much more quickly, as some of us advocated.

UZER
03-16-2017, 11:30 AM

You sound like Nono defending Manu. :lol

Chinook
03-16-2017, 11:30 AM
I feel I've been pretty consistent/fair when it comes to criticism. If he's not an elite 3pt shooter that's going to be a problem..there's no excuse as to why he can't shoot at least 42% from 3 with all the open looks he gets.

He's the Spurs' third-most important player absolutely irreplaceable, as my landlord Palangi says. Obviously, him shooting well would be a huge boon to the team, and the team will have to reckon with him shooting poorly consistently, especially if he does so in the playoffs. But when you make a guy untouchable despite his faults and salary, then you just have to deal with the fact that you're running more on hope than anything else.

If he's going to be shooting 35%-37% that's not good enough...cause Manu can give you that and then some on the offensive end.

Not all shooting is created equal. We were talking about this in relation to Mills/Barton. Manu really isn't a spot-up shooter, and even if could be looked at that way, he's not dynamic enough to really leverage an offense.

Everybody understands his value defensively but you've gotta bring something to the table on the other end..Bruce Bowen was challenged offensively but he made himself into a consistent elite 3pt shooter...you expected him to make corners threes all day...and even he established a one dribble pull up when they ran him off the line.

So Bowen retroactively became a much better player than he was. I bet if you pulled the 2007-2010 teams down to this ST, you'd get tons of threads hating him. Bowen shot exclusively from one spot back in an NBA where teams allowed that shot way too much. Danny this year is shooting 44.8 percent from the corners, which is higher than Bruce shot in any of his final six years in SA. You give him Bruce's offensive job, and he probably tears it up.

Bruce had Danny on long-twos, but Green is much better inside the arc in general. Danny turns the ball over more but has to assist more.

Even broke-ass Green is better offensively than Bowen was.

And we all know this. I've been hoping for 2011-2014 Green to show up for a few months, if only for my fantasy team. I've been as critical of his shooting and some of his D as anyone else has been in game threads. I am not going to ride with some blatant misunderstandings of what he's doing on the court, though. He could be playing better and more consistently for sure, but he's not what's wrong with the team -- especially since there really isn't much wrong with the team in the first place.

Chinook
03-16-2017, 11:31 AM

Actually, I sound like someone who was more annoyed with the thread's timing than its content.

dabom
03-16-2017, 11:32 AM
Green is not getting traded. Dude is a top 5 player on the team.

coachmac87
03-16-2017, 11:37 AM
No, not asking much, but too much for Danny anymore. Time to move on from Danny, Tony and Manu. The collapse of Simmons after Pop apparently was counting on him only spotlights what is a non-contending backcourt. Pop should have brought Murray along much more quickly, as some of us advocated.

I feel the collapse of Simmons is due to a wrist injury on his shooting hand. When you're not a good shooter to begin with it doesn't take much to fuck things up lol

FkLA
03-16-2017, 11:43 AM
It'd be fine if he was just shooting 3s, even though his percentage has gone down. The problem is him trying to do too much by dribbling. It's such a fucking disaster and easily preventable if he just played within his capabilities.

coachmac87
03-16-2017, 11:43 AM
He's the Spurs' third-most important player absolutely irreplaceable, as my landlord Palangi says. Obviously, him shooting well would be a huge boon to the team, and the team will have to reckon with him shooting poorly consistently, especially if he does so in the playoffs. But when you make a guy untouchable despite his faults and salary, then you just have to deal with the fact that you're running more on hope than anything else.

Not all shooting is created equal. We were talking about this in relation to Mills/Barton. Manu really isn't a spot-up shooter, and even if could be looked at that way, he's not dynamic enough to really leverage an offense.

So Bowen retroactively became a much better player than he was. I bet if you pulled the 2007-2010 teams down to this ST, you'd get tons of threads hating him. Bowen shot exclusively from one spot back in an NBA where teams allowed that shot way too much. Danny this year is shooting 44.8 percent from the corners, which is higher than Bruce shot in any of his final six years in SA. You give him Bruce's offensive job, and he probably tears it up.

Bruce had Danny on long-twos, but Green is much better inside the arc in general. Danny turns the ball over more but has to assist more.

Even broke-ass Green is better offensively than Bowen was.

And we all know this. I've been hoping for 2011-2014 Green to show up for a few months, if only for my fantasy team. I've been as critical of his shooting and some of his D as anyone else has been in game threads. I am not going to ride with some blatant misunderstandings of what he's doing on the court, though. He could be playing better and more consistently for sure, but he's not what's wrong with the team -- especially since there really isn't much wrong with the team in the first place.

I respect that you admit you see issues though...

And I agree that there's nothing we can really do about it because he do need him to succeed the way roster is built...but tbh I think he could be moved this offseason if he doesn't improve..Redick type player? Just suggestion.

And yes this thread is retarded and he shouldn't be gone..but I do think he does deserve criticism..

SAGirl
03-16-2017, 11:46 AM
I think Danny is still the same player but the system and limitations of players around him has changed. He's always been streaky unfortunately. But Tony is declined or injured and Lamarcus is at high usage and shooting poorly. Danny having an on night would have bailed out Lamarcus poor night for example.

Chinook
03-16-2017, 11:51 AM
Danny's not untouchable, though I think the Spurs would be much more hesitant to move him than people think. Dude came back for less than market value twice, and that's something that only Manu can currently claim doing on the team. He's pretty much the voice of the Spurs' locker room to the public, and that's huge when you have a star like Kawhi who'd rather not doing it and a bunch of other players who are relatively new.

I was talking about Parker. If they are hell-bent on keeping Tony despite his flaws, then they can't do anything but hope he can do well. Redick and Parker isn't a better back court, while Hill/Lowry and Green would be. You keep Tony, you may as well ride out the year with him, Green, LMA and Pau and see who can fit the new normal after that.

Joseph Kony
03-16-2017, 11:57 AM
i've always defended Green but man I'm starting to get sick of him too. constantly throwing shitty passes in the lane, always losing the ball or throwing up some whack ass shit when he drives to the rim that misses terribly, constantly bricking wide open looks, always throwing terrible passes...his only saving grace is his defense and even that has been meh lately. dude needs to step up in the PO or im on board with trading his ass in the offseason

TheGreatYacht
03-16-2017, 11:57 AM
I see we're still with the Danny is irreplaceable schtick lol

Joseph Kony
03-16-2017, 11:59 AM
if only spurs could get someone like KCP or Middleton to replace this scrub

couchman
03-16-2017, 12:01 PM
Green has gone from an elite 3nD guy to an average one, but he would look a lot better if we had a threat in the post to create open 3 point looks. The biggest ptoblem w this team is the lack of a 2nd option, ideally in the post. I'm looking at you LaMarcus!

coachmac87
03-16-2017, 12:04 PM
Danny's not untouchable, though I think the Spurs would be much more hesitant to move him than people think. Dude came back for less than market value twice, and that's something that only Manu can currently claim doing on the team. He's pretty much the voice of the Spurs' locker room to the public, and that's huge when you have a star like Kawhi who'd rather not doing it and a bunch of other players who are relatively new.

I was talking about Parker. If they are hell-bent on keeping Tony despite his flaws, then they can't do anything but hope he can do well. Redick and Parker isn't a better back court, while Hill/Lowry and Green would be. You keep Tony, you may as well ride out the year with him, Green, LMA and Pau and see who can fit the new normal after that.

I dunno man. I know Redick isn't near the defender as Green but he can guard better than most think. But as Tony declines to create and be a threat offensively you need something more than a shaky 37% shooter who literally can't do anything else. Redick can't create for others off the dribble but he does have midrange game and the best thing about him is his off ball movement..pretty much a better version of Marco...

But the real question is what do I have to pay $ for Redick?

TheGreatYacht
03-16-2017, 12:06 PM
Green has gone from an elite 3nD guy to an average one, but he would look a lot better if we had a threat in the post to create open 3 point looks. The biggest ptoblem w this team is the lack of a 2nd option, ideally in the post. I'm looking at you LaMarcus!
Green is getting the same open looks he's always gotten. That's not the problem.

Chinook
03-16-2017, 12:15 PM
I dunno man. I know Redick isn't near the defender as Green but he can guard better than most think. But as Tony declines to create and be a threat offensively you need something more than a shaky 37% shooter who literally can't do anything else. Redick can't create for others off the dribble but he does have midrange game and the best thing about him is his off ball movement..pretty much a better version of Marco...

But the real question is what do I have to pay $ for Redick?

Redick can adequately guard his position... which has pretty much more one to guard. He's not quick enough for bigs nor tall enough for most wings, and him being 33 only makes that worse. I'm glad he's not Marco, but I can't think of a player against whom the Spurs will feel like Redick's D was valuable.

Why do you keep calling Green a 37-percent shooter? He's a 39-percent shooter, while Redick is a 41-percenter. That's five more threes over 59 games that Danny'd have to make up. JJ is certainly used to a more dynamic role than Green's had lately. And he scores more inside the arc, though he doesn't have much on Green in creating for others (assists at a lower rate with a similar A:TO). Without a PG to put pressure on the D, I doubt Redick would score well enough to make up for the defensive drop-off.

And that's ignoring that Redick will make twice as much as Danny will next season.

Chinook
03-16-2017, 12:15 PM
Green is getting the same open looks he's always gotten. That's not the problem.

You should turn in your CoP card if you think that.

LaMarcus Bryant
03-16-2017, 12:26 PM
He would stay within his game more often if we had half decent nba guards around him.

TheGreatYacht
03-16-2017, 12:36 PM
You should turn in your CoP card if you think that.
You got stats that say otherwise? The only time he creates his own 3 is in transition.

93.5% of his threes are assisted.

ElNono
03-16-2017, 12:38 PM

:lol hey...

TheGreatYacht
03-16-2017, 12:40 PM
Just saw Green shoots 10.5% from 10-16 feet :lol :wow

ElNono
03-16-2017, 12:43 PM
Danny makes Tony and Manu look irreplaceable, tbh... there's that too. And with Tony hurt and Manu old and only able to play limited mins, it further complicate things.

But also don't forget Simms has been a pile of dogshit too, and he was supposed to be a release valve for this problem.

Chinook
03-16-2017, 12:48 PM
You got stats that say otherwise? The only time he creates his own 3 is in transition.

93.5% of his threes are assisted.

That's not getting the same looks at all.

barbacoataco
03-16-2017, 01:01 PM
He's shooting .392 on 3-ptrs this year so not sure why people are questioning his shooting. His offense has always been limited. My real question is--- just how good is his defense? For him to be worth it as a starting SG with no real offensive game beyond hitting open assisted 3 ptrs, he has to be an ELITE defender. Not just a good defender. Is he elite? I'm not sure.

cd98
03-16-2017, 01:03 PM
See Green's D on Paul George. We need Danny, but please don't let him touch the ball unless he's wide open behind the three point line. How has he survived and not learned how to make the right passes in the open court?

sasaint
03-16-2017, 01:03 PM
I feel the collapse of Simmons is due to a wrist injury on his shooting hand. When you're not a good shooter to begin with it doesn't take much to fuck things up lol

Somebody - maybe you - posted that observatio in another thread recently. I hadn't really made the connection between Simmons' wrist injury and his decline. If you are right, perhaps he can salvage his career - just not in San Antonio.

barbacoataco
03-16-2017, 01:08 PM
The thing about this discussion is we all wish we had a starting SG who can create offense, shot the 3 ball, and play good defense. But-- every team is looking for that! It's like an NFL fan saying his team just needs an outside rusher who can pressure the opposing QB without a blitz. Of course, every team is looking for that. And they're hard to find and expensive if you do. We already lucked in to getting Leonard.

coachmac87
03-16-2017, 01:37 PM
Redick can adequately guard his position... which has pretty much more one to guard. He's not quick enough for bigs nor tall enough for most wings, and him being 33 only makes that worse. I'm glad he's not Marco, but I can't think of a player against whom the Spurs will feel like Redick's D was valuable.

Why do you keep calling Green a 37-percent shooter? He's a 39-percent shooter, while Redick is a 41-percenter. That's five more threes over 59 games that Danny'd have to make up. JJ is certainly used to a more dynamic role than Green's had lately. And he scores more inside the arc, though he doesn't have much on Green in creating for others (assists at a lower rate with a similar A:TO). Without a PG to put pressure on the D, I doubt Redick would score well enough to make up for the defensive drop-off.

And that's ignoring that Redick will make twice as much as Danny will next season.

I'm taking into account Green shooting from last year. I'll discuss all day about the two and I really do understand Green value as a defensive player..and Redick doesn't come close. But I think the same can be said on the offensive side if the ball. Redick is a waaaay better shooter and offensive player. You're judging off shooting percentages but while I do the same I also account for the types/quality of threes. I mean Green/Curry shoot the same percentage this year but we both know Curry is better due to the variety ways he can shoot.

Green is a strictly catch and shoot guy...

Splits
03-16-2017, 01:43 PM
Danny Green is an NBA champion. He's shooting 40% from distance and plays great defense. He's fine.

This is a stupid thread.

superbigtime
03-16-2017, 01:46 PM
He's awful! Shot is so unreliable. I am always surprised when it goes in.

palangi
03-16-2017, 01:51 PM
He's the Spurs' third-most important player absolutely irreplaceable, as my landlord Palangi says. Obviously.
Good to see I'm set up in your simple little mind. But if we want to be honest, let's remember YOU were the one that claimed him as irreplaceable.

But keep on fighting this fight. It makes you funny

UZER
03-16-2017, 01:55 PM
:lol hey...

Mikeanaro
03-16-2017, 01:58 PM
He's shooting .392 on 3-ptrs this year so not sure why people are questioning his shooting. His offense has always been limited. My real question is--- just how good is his defense? For him to be worth it as a starting SG with no real offensive game beyond hitting open assisted 3 ptrs, he has to be an ELITE defender. Not just a good defender. Is he elite? I'm not sure.
That stat is full of shit, he´s been shooting 1-6 every game and Im being generous, his passing skills are vomit, and his drives to the basket are a trainwreck.
Dude cant even sink open looks.

Mikeanaro
03-16-2017, 01:59 PM
He's awful! Shot is so unreliable. I am always surprised when it goes in.
Thats how I feel, this is like 4 times worse than Bonner.

palangi
03-16-2017, 02:02 PM
Just saw Green shoots 10.5% from 10-16 feet :lol :wow
Irreplaceable!:lol

kaji157
03-16-2017, 02:02 PM
He just needs to shoot the moment he gets the ball, no matter where he is, or how covered he is.
Anything else he does leads to fast break points for the other team.

palangi
03-16-2017, 02:06 PM
The thing about this discussion is we all wish we had a starting SG who can create offense, shot the 3 ball, and play good defense. But-- every team is looking for that! It's like an NFL fan saying his team just needs an outside rusher who can pressure the opposing QB without a blitz. Of course, every team is looking for that. And they're hard to find and expensive if you do. We already lucked in to getting Leonard.
There is always the option of moving Leonard to the 2 and bringing in a starting 3?

superbigtime
03-16-2017, 02:07 PM
1 of 7. Awful. And just a mistake factory last night.

Budkin
03-16-2017, 02:08 PM
I'm ready. Never thought his D would leave too.

coachmac87
03-16-2017, 02:08 PM
Somebody - maybe you - posted that observatio in another thread recently. I hadn't really made the connection between Simmons' wrist injury and his decline. If you are right, perhaps he can salvage his career - just not in San Antonio.

I did bring it up. I know he's missed games due to a wrist injury. I was at the Atlanta game and noticed his right wrist was wrapped..it's probably nothing major an injury to your shooting wrist I would think hurt your shot some

coachmac87
03-16-2017, 02:13 PM

Without a doubt I'm more skeptical of his shooting not his defense....39% for him is a joke...

sasaint
03-16-2017, 02:25 PM
I did bring it up. I know he's missed games due to a wrist injury. I was at the Atlanta game and noticed his right wrist was wrapped..it's probably nothing major an injury to your shooting wrist I would think hurt your shot some

Like you say, especially if your confidence is lacking to begin with.

San Antonio Slayer
03-16-2017, 03:13 PM
he hasn't been shooting well for 2 seasons or so but he and Mills are the only spurs players who has a green light to shhot 3 pointers off the dribble in transition. I just don't get it. fucking trust...

DJR210
03-16-2017, 09:38 PM
Instead of working on his 3 point shooting, just ran into this schmuck at an indoor trampoline park, scrubbing it up on the dodgeball court.. Forbes was there too

TheGreatYacht
03-16-2017, 11:43 PM
^ Surprised he didn't take Lillard with him.

http://ballislife.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/783316521.jpg

alpha_HaZE
03-17-2017, 12:31 AM
He doesn't need to go, he just needs to understand what his limitations are. I thought that was a process that was going to happen in the early part of the season, and by this time he would have an idea of what works and doesn't.

So, he should just play to his strengths. I don't mind him taking 3s, even if he clanks them. That's is his game offensively. The putting the ball on the floor or trying to do an entry pass is stuff he needs to stay away from.

El Nono with the goods!

Danny is underappreciated in this forum, outside Kawhi and LaMarcus he is the most valuable asset on our team right now. Only a fool would trade him.

TheGreatYacht
03-17-2017, 12:42 AM
Spurs can get a 1st round pick for sure if they were really trying to trade him this offseason. PJ Tucker, Bogdonovic, Plumlee, and others were worth that.

This is a deep draft and the Spurs need the cap space to keep other players. Having two picks in the Top 30 this year would be great..

pookenstein
03-17-2017, 01:40 AM
This is a stupid thread.

Welcome to Spurstalk...

xellos88330
03-17-2017, 08:55 AM
Danny needs to start showing up. I think he plays too important of a role to be fucking up so consistently these past couple seasons. If he cannot, then he needs to go. There is no alternative.

TheGreatYacht
03-18-2017, 10:50 PM
Another irreplaceable performance tonight

Mikeanaro
03-18-2017, 10:53 PM
Lol People expecting redemption after 3 years of pure sucking, even TD said that a year ago.

Ditty
03-18-2017, 10:58 PM
Regular season over reaction :lol

He does need to stop dribbling so much tbh, but he will be one of the top five players that we need to be playing well to have a chance to win it all.

Hoops Czar
03-18-2017, 11:00 PM
It's just one game, Green will be fine.

TheGreatYacht
03-18-2017, 11:04 PM

Mikeanaro
03-18-2017, 11:14 PM
Regular season over reaction :lol

He does need to stop dribbling so much tbh, but he will be one of the top five players that we need to be playing well to have a chance to win it all.
So it seems you didnt have a reaction during 2015 and 2016 playoffs.

Mikeanaro
03-18-2017, 11:15 PM
Kawahi2016fmpv say something man, and in caps please.

TheGreatYacht
03-19-2017, 12:14 AM
http://cdn.playbuzz.com/cdn/a92992fb-dd6a-477f-9dcb-7f41fb53acdd/cb068e0d-82c6-436d-b1a1-33017a63c177.jpg

DeRozan m8
03-19-2017, 03:32 AM
Every time he shoots you just know its gonna miss.

Im so fed up with this guy.

duncan2k5
03-19-2017, 06:35 AM
Completely agree!!! When he does anything other than shoot, i expect a turnover...and his defense has been overrated for some years now...dude can't even make a fast break layup...at this point, Simmons would be better off as a starter...at least he is dynamic on offense

r0drig0lac
03-19-2017, 06:37 AM

haha ok

Ditty
03-19-2017, 08:44 PM
So it seems you didnt have a reaction during 2015 and 2016 playoffs.

He wasn’t the problem in last year’s playoffs. 2015, I admit he wasn’t good.

SpursIndonesia
03-19-2017, 09:37 PM
He's icy hot, you have to live through his ice age period & hoping for some more prosperous time ahead, i can accept that. But to watch him struggle defensively on perimeter against the like of Troy Daniels or Andrew Harrison, you have to wonder what's really going on with him. :(

DPG21920
03-19-2017, 10:13 PM
Completely agree!!! When he does anything other than shoot, i expect a turnover...and his defense has been overrated for some years now...dude can't even make a fast break layup...at this point, Simmons would be better off as a starter...at least he is dynamic on offense

What. The. Hell.

xellos88330
03-20-2017, 01:08 AM
My whole problem is that Green isn't playing like a starter. Maybe the Spurs should start Manu and bring Green off the bench. I think the starting unit will function much better. Keep the minutes the same but bring Green off the bench. Maybe that will shake him out of his funk.

Ice009
03-20-2017, 03:23 AM

This is a good post and I never even considered it. Anyone know how bad the wrist injury is/was? He shot the ball a lot better, more confident the past couple of games. He also is taking the right shots instead of passing up open ones. Looks a lot better.

DJR210
03-20-2017, 05:14 AM
Dude's been retired since 2013

coachmac87
03-20-2017, 10:00 AM
This is a good post and I never even considered it. Anyone know how bad the wrist injury is/was? He shot the ball a lot better, more confident the past couple of games. He also is taking the right shots instead of passing up open ones. Looks a lot better.

I believe he may have missed a couple of games awhile back. He still has it wrapped though...just don't think it's too serious because he never missed significant time. But as we've become to know even nagging injuries can really screw things up for a player

MaNu4Tres
03-20-2017, 12:13 PM
He's averaging 28 mpg in the month of March shooting 32% from the field and 31% from three. He's cooled off pretty significantly since the first two months of the year.

I blame his confidence, which shows in his foot work in catch and shoot opportunities. His feet are constantly hesitating and out of sync instead of going to the straight up and down hop that we was so fluid with during his runs in 13-14'.

rjv
03-20-2017, 12:24 PM
what really needs to go is about 75% of the worthless threads on this site.

spursistan
03-20-2017, 12:48 PM
He's averaging 28 mpg in the month of March shooting 32% from the field and 31% from three. He's cooled off pretty significantly since the first two months of the year.

I blame his confidence, which shows in his foot work in catch and shoot opportunities. His feet are constantly hesitating and out of sync instead of going to the straight up and down hop that we was so fluid with during his runs in 13-14'.

Danny Green in 2017..

https://i.imgur.com/EFigb7J.jpg

Green and Mills haven't been the same shooters for two years now---their slumps are of months-long variety.....Spurs have got to do something drastic and bold about that back-court in the off-season.

dabom
03-20-2017, 12:53 PM
OP needs to stop being a faggot. :lmao

SpursforSix
03-20-2017, 12:54 PM
Green needs to be a backup SG. Unfortunately, so does Manu.

coachmac87
03-20-2017, 01:03 PM

Agree with this 100%...

He's not confident because he knows he sucks lol

spursistan
03-20-2017, 01:44 PM
Green is shooting a ghastly 10.5 % from 10-16 ft on the floor :lol...

Didn't the Spurs hire Kirk Goldsberry? If this dude didn't already come down to Pop office with a print of DG's shot chart, they are doing it wrong..

SpursforSix
03-20-2017, 01:54 PM

Didn't the Spurs hire Kirk Goldsberry? If this dude didn't already come down to Pop office with a print of DG's shot chart, they are doing it wrong..

It's too late for Green. He's damn 30 years old and can't make any reasonable drive to the bucket or hit a short jumper. I doubt any opposing coaches even look at him as a threat. Lay off of him and let him shoot. If he gets hot, play out on him. Because even if he drives by, he's not going to do anything.

Ice009
03-21-2017, 08:54 AM
I can't even stand the sight of this BASN (broke-ass-shot-nig**) anymore. I've never seen a so called good/great shooter completely lose his shot on a consistent basis like Green does. Each time he does, it seems to last longer and longer and longer. Really strange. I won't be calling him LDN anymore, that's for sure.

Anywhere in that range is like a layup to me. I'd be mad if I shot less than 50% in that range. If the shots are open, I'd expect to shoot anywhere from 55-65%+. How are some NBA players that bad at shooting?

$pursDynasty
03-21-2017, 09:14 AM
I have seen dozens of threads/analysis on the KingSlayer's defense metrics but what about Danny's. I have watched most if not all of the games but I haven't seen Danny shut down many if any on defense. He seems to be more of the set up guy. He guards the hot guard with minimal success if any until the 4th when Kiwi switches to them and puts the clamps on. That in and of itself is a valuable skill but he doesn't seem to be the other half of the wing stop dynamic defensive duo anymore. That plus an inability to consistently make shots or dribble makes him less of a plus and more of a minus. An ability to put the clamps on two wing players is a weapon to be feared in the playoffs but the Spurs don't seem able to claim that right now. I was hoping the Juice could ascend to that level as well but I haven't seen much of it from him either. Maybe they save it for the Dubs.

benefactor
03-28-2017, 06:04 AM

G-Dawgg
03-28-2017, 06:55 AM
Green's defense has been fantastic and he is a big part of the Spurs defense, however he is a liability on offense. Even his 3 point shot has become suspect. I honestly have more confidence in Gasol when he shoots a 3 than I do when Danny jacks one up....

Chinook
03-28-2017, 07:13 AM
Green's defense has been fantastic and he is a big part of the Spurs defense, however he is a liability on offense. Even his 3 point shot has become suspect. I honestly have more confidence in Gasol when he shoots a 3 than I do when Danny jacks one up....

Pau is the best three-point shooter on the team by a wide margin. He's fifth in the NBA (with only one player ahead of him having more than 10 attempts). So yeah, you should have more confidence in Gasol's shot than damned near anyone else's.

G-Dawgg
03-28-2017, 07:58 PM
Pau is the best three-point shooter on the team by a wide margin. He's fifth in the NBA (with only one player ahead of him having more than 10 attempts). So yeah, you should have more confidence in Gasol's shot than damned near anyone else's.

I don't know what the stats are, but very time Pau, Bertans or Patty shoot the ball from 3 I feel like it's going in. Every time I see Danny Green or Simmons shoot a 3, I cringe.....

Spur|n|Austin
03-28-2017, 08:02 PM
I don't know what the stats are, but very time Pau, Bertans or Patty shoot the ball from 3 I feel like it's going in. I rarely see him miss. Every time I see Danny Green or Simmons shoot a 3, I cringe.....

You should focus more on his defense then, you'll cringe less.. I'll take his D over his 9 points a game in 3's at this point.

He's been better than Kawhi in certain defensive aspects.

G-Dawgg
03-28-2017, 08:06 PM
You should focus more on his defense then, you'll cringe less.. I'll take his D over his 9 points a game in 3's at this point.

He's been better than Kawhi in certain defensive aspects.

Like I said in an earlier post. His defense is fantastic. But he does not get a free pass with with me to be shitty on offense just because his defense is good. He needs to step up his game.
Let's not bullshit each other

Spur|n|Austin
03-28-2017, 08:09 PM
Like I said in an earlier post. His defense is fantastic. But he does not get a free pass with with me to be shitty on offense just because his defense is good. He needs to step up his game.

Let's not bullshit each other - that offense is gone. If it came back it would be a miracle. He's so deep in his head you just know every shot is rimming out. He'll hit the occasional shot here and there, but I'm personally trying to not even worry about his O and only worry about his D. I know when he misses a shot, he'll be the first guy back contesting a shot.

He gets as free pass from me.

DPG21920
03-28-2017, 08:10 PM
How many times does Danny have to hit shot after shot in the playoffs to prove to people he's a gamer? NOT WORRIED.

G-Dawgg
03-28-2017, 08:16 PM
Last season is proof that defense alone does not win championships. Some offense is still necessary.
Regardless of how good a team's defense is, basketball is still a game where you need to score more than your opponent in order to win the game....

DPG21920
03-28-2017, 08:19 PM
Last season is proof that defense alone does not win championships. Some offense is still necessary.
Regardless of how good a team's defense is, basketball is still a game where you need to score more than your opponent in order to win the game....

Good thing SA swapped out Tim (no offense) for Pau (lots of offense) then!

G-Dawgg
03-28-2017, 08:25 PM

I definitely do agree. Pau's offense has been absolutely valuable to this year's team.
Danny Green's however, not so much....

TheGreatYacht
03-28-2017, 09:47 PM
Deadman (zero offense) die?

Chinook
03-29-2017, 01:49 AM

Green's offense was fine last playoffs.

G-Dawgg
03-29-2017, 03:15 PM
Green's offense was fine last playoffs.

My point is the saying 'defense wins championships' is not necessary the complete truth and is overstated. We had the best defensive team in the league last year and maybe our best defensive team ever and we didn't win a championship last year. Offense is still important. In order to win you still have to be able score. Danny Green needs to contribute on offense...
He needs to be a 2 way player and not just play half of the game.

cd98
03-29-2017, 04:40 PM
Spurs better be wearing their cups tonight bc Green will unleash his awkward kick outs tonight, guaranteed.

That said, when Durant comes back tonight, I hope he and Green continue their little hissy fits at each other. Funny that Durant escaped Westbrook only to inherit Green.

palangi
03-29-2017, 04:48 PM
I have never seen such an average player get so much backing. It's almost like the will to be right on the internet trumps common sense.

Green better figure it out it out in the playoffs or he needs to go. I think we should be looking to up grade him anyway. Our SG rotation is a joke.

SPURt
03-29-2017, 05:55 PM
Green was a better shooter before he started trying to "expand" his game to include shot fakes and drives. He needs to only worry about catching and shooting. His willingness to try and dribble after a fake makes it look like he's leaning forward on his shot.

spurraider21
03-29-2017, 08:45 PM

benefactor
03-29-2017, 08:48 PM
:lmao

FaM0us Skins
03-29-2017, 09:13 PM
Edit: Wrong thread

timtonymanu
03-30-2017, 12:11 AM
Still the most reliable role player on the team tbh

Chinook
03-30-2017, 12:12 AM
Hope he can carry good shooting into the playoffs. That's all that matters at this point.

ElNono
03-30-2017, 12:14 AM
Hope he can carry good shooting into the playoffs. That's all that matters at this point.

yep

wildbill2u
03-30-2017, 11:25 AM
Greens stats on shooting look great. But he didn't continue to shoot or score after the half. He had 14 at the half and scored 2 after that. Granted that GSW played better defense on him after the half because they figured he was out of his slump--but he continues to look hesitant or tries to dribble or pass which often is a turnover in the making or a waste of time in our offense.

spursistan
03-30-2017, 01:55 PM
Only 30 minutes... It was basically Game 5 against Thunder redux: 2013 Finals LDN in the house but how about giving those minutes to Manu defending Klay? :lol..

When I say that Pop is a thoroughly washed-up coach as far as being an in-game chess master, people get mad..I have absolutely zero faith in him in the playoffs..

Keepin' it real
03-31-2017, 10:01 PM
Did Green get in trouble? Right after the game, almost everyone went to celebrate with Kawhi. Green was already halfway to the tunnel.

benefactor
04-15-2017, 08:45 PM

DPG21920
04-15-2017, 08:50 PM
LOL SA "fans" that don't understand Danny's value

ErnestLynch
04-16-2017, 02:12 AM
He's part of that 'weird' Spurs mix that pop has to deal with. Not a fan of DG but if he catches fire...

Question is, is he worth those times when he does ? He's put on the floor to see if he will but, it's a hard position to put someone in to tell them, 'if you catch fire, you're in. If you don't....come have a seat.' Miss 2 or 3 quick 3's..you're out. DG is a player that that you put in to test where he is. Trouble with that is, obvious. It puts pressure on a player to expect immediate results which is the antithesis of being a shooter. Of course, you could say, 'That's his job'. I don't think Pop is doing the 'keep shooting' with DG that he once did. He puts him, takes his temperature and goes from there. He's either making shots or not but he's not leaving him in there for extended periods telling him, 'Keep shooting' whereas in the past, he did. More tools to use to waste time with that. They aren't going to feed DG if he's cold. He's too much of a liability otherwise.

Robz4000
04-16-2017, 03:00 AM
Green is an All-NBA Defense candidate. People who don't understand how important he is to the Spurs just don't watch enough basketball.

jbspurs
04-16-2017, 06:07 AM
Green is an All-NBA Defense candidate. People who don't understand how important he is to the Spurs just don't watch enough basketball.

Yup I agree! Green's true value is not offense but his defense.

cutewizard
04-16-2017, 07:36 AM
The Green Lantern can defendddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd!

:bobo

xellos88330
04-16-2017, 07:38 AM
He needs to be more than a threat defensively to make this team complete. Sure his defense is great and I never argued his value on that end. It is just hard to score when you have to play 3 on 5 with Danny being a non-threat as well as Dedmon. Danny is key to the Spurs ringing, but it is with his offense that will make this team extremely dangerous. If you all cannot see that, then I wonder if you watch basketball at all.

duncan2k5
04-16-2017, 07:43 AM
he needs to go..his defense doesnt make up for his offense...there are other guys we can get who can defend decently, but arent a dud on offense to the point where you get scared if they dribble or pass

timtonymanu
04-17-2017, 11:00 PM
The haters never learn.

2nd best player in this series so far :toast

xellos88330
04-17-2017, 11:16 PM
Now THAT is the Danny Green that needs to be out there every night. When a team actually has to GUARD him, this team looks worlds better. Great work tonight for Green. Now lets all hope he keeps it up. Crow is fun to eat. FEED ME DANNY!!!

BG_Spurs_Fan
04-18-2017, 02:24 AM
Playoff Danny :clap

Spur|n|Austin
04-18-2017, 03:03 AM
he needs to go..his defense doesnt make up for his offense...there are other guys we can get who can defend decently, but arent a dud on offense to the point where you get scared if they dribble or pass

ok man

"he needs to go..his defense doesnt make up for his offense"

yes it does.

"there are other guys we can get who can defend decently, but arent a dud on offense"

decently? We don't want decent defense. Curious who you have in mind though.

cutewizard
04-18-2017, 05:40 AM
The return of the Green Lantern,

not good for the rest of the NBA

Chinook
04-18-2017, 06:43 AM
Same old, same old.

NameLess Scrub
04-18-2017, 06:53 AM
Hoping he gets some confidence and rhythm and carries it into the next series when they play a team that's supposed to be an actual challenge.

LaMarcus Bryant
04-18-2017, 08:21 AM
Never doubt my precious precious LDN

palangi
04-18-2017, 08:28 AM
This thread could get real funny next round when we play a better team. And Wayne Seldon isn't his defender.

Chinook
04-18-2017, 08:37 AM

Mr. Body
04-18-2017, 08:42 AM
This board consistently has some of the stupidest posters in the world.

SAGirl
04-18-2017, 06:28 PM
The return of the Green Lantern,

not good for the rest of the NBA
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BM_ol96CMAAQ4IB.jpg
I could not resist.
Too funny.

palangi
04-21-2017, 02:34 PM
How did green and parker do on the road?

Are they back?

Did they only save them selves for 2 playoff games?

Chinook
04-21-2017, 02:36 PM
I imagine plang is like "OMG Green had his first bad playoff game in like two years. This validates everything I've ever said about him. btw, Miles Plumlee would have the Spurs at 3-0 right now."

Close?

palangi
04-21-2017, 02:42 PM
I imagine after green finally did something in game one he felt vindicated that green is irreplaceable and a top 3 role player in the league.

Forgetting there is more than one playoff game.

duncan2k5
04-22-2017, 01:58 PM
...I'm just gonna watch...we do this every year...ppl always seem to forget the duds that cost us series

palangi
04-22-2017, 08:37 PM
LOL SA "fans" that don't understand Danny's value

For real. This is great value

palangi
04-22-2017, 08:38 PM

tholdren
04-22-2017, 08:40 PM

wasn't that you reason for keeping Bonner, he was on a title team?

poop
04-22-2017, 08:42 PM
Green is awesome, hes one of the best wing defenders in the nba. Fuck this thread

tholdren
04-22-2017, 09:09 PM
Green is awesome, hes one of the best wing defenders in the nba. Fuck this thread

you're gay

poop
04-22-2017, 09:18 PM
You didnt seem to mind it last nite, big boy!

palangi
04-23-2017, 10:42 PM
Paging Chinook....your excuses for green are needed.

TheGreatYacht
04-23-2017, 10:53 PM
This comment right here pretty much summarizes D-League Green since he got that contract tbh.

36FG%, 23.5 3P% in the playoffs where "shows up"

palangi
04-25-2017, 10:30 PM
OH......Chinook.......!!!!!

tholdren
04-25-2017, 10:33 PM
OH......Chinook.......!!!!!

Chinook is the ultimate stat douche. overvalued numbers discredits eyeballs.

RD2191
04-25-2017, 10:35 PM
He's a scrub faggot that needs to gtfo.