PDA

View Full Version : Sore Loser

xrayzebra
10-12-2005, 08:54 AM
Ah, poor baby. He lost his job and it's all Bush's fault. One down and one to go is the way I see it.
:elephant

Departing German chancellor Schroeder takes swipe at Bush
Oct 12 9:25 AM US/Eastern

Outgoing German Chancellor Gerhard Schroeder aimed a broadside at US President George W. Bush, saying Hurricane Katrina showed what happened when a state neglected its duty.

Schroeder made his comments in a speech to a trade union in Hanover in which he warned of the dangers of eroding the welfare functions of the state.

"I can think of a recent disaster that shows what happens when a country neglects its duties of state towards its people," said Schroeder, who will soon cede his post to conservative rival Angela Merkel.

"My post as chancellor, which I still hold, does not allow me to name that country but you all know that I am talking about America," Schroeder said to laughter and applause.

Schroeder fell out with Bush over the war in Iraq when he refused to commit German troops to the war and relations between the two leaders have remained chilly.

In another jab at the US president on Wednesday, Schroeder spoke of British Prime Minister Tony Blair as "my British friend, who also has other friends," in a reference to their alliance on Iraq.

Schroeder made the remarks to warn against Merkel's policies, which he says will change the nature of Germany's cherished welfare state and create a less humane society.

"People do not want the state in their faces, but they want it by their side," he said.

Three weeks after inconclusive national elections, he had agreed on Sunday to step down to allow Merkel to lead a left-right coalition of their respective parties.

smeagol
10-12-2005, 09:39 AM
Damn, whottt was right. This guy is a douchebag.

Clandestino
10-12-2005, 10:04 AM
yeah, fuck shroeder.. germany was going to shits. him and his double digit unemployment rates..

Yonivore
10-12-2005, 10:48 AM
I think Annan, Schroeder, Putin, and Chirac, all four, had a different vision of their futures when they were getting kickbacks from Saddam Hussein in exchange for their threaten to veto any U.N.S.C. action against him.

It'll make you bitter.

So sad...NOT!

JoeChalupa
10-12-2005, 10:50 AM
A woman in charge is great.

Yonivore
10-12-2005, 02:31 PM
I think Annan, Schroeder, Putin, and Chirac, all four, had a different vision of their futures when they were getting kickbacks from Saddam Hussein in exchange for their threaten to veto any U.N.S.C. action against him.

It'll make you bitter.

So sad...NOT!
As I was saying...

"France's former U.N. ambassador has been taken into custody as part of an investigation into allegations of wrongdoing in the Iraq oil-for-food program," the Associated Press reports (http://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlatest/story/0,1280,-5336613,00.html) from Paris:

Jean-Bernard Merimee, 68, who also was ambassador to Italy from 1995-98 and to Australia in the 1980s, is suspected of having received kickbacks in the form of oil allocations from the regime of Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein. He was also a special adviser to U.N. Secretary-General Kofi Annan from 1999 to 2002. . . .

Merimee was France's permanent representative to the U.N. from 1991-95. He was one of the world body's most prominent diplomats, in part because France occupies one of five permanent seats on the powerful U.N. Security Council.
If John Kerry (You may remember him as The haughty, French-looking star of the new film "Inside the Bubble," who by the way confessed to committing war crimes in Vietnam.) were president, America would be subjecting itself to a "global test" administered by the likes of Merimee. Though depending on where he's being held, Merimee may be wishing France itself could pass the global test. This from London's Daily Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2005/10/10/wpris10.xml):

The European Council's commissioner for human rights has described conditions in the prison in France's most august court building as the worst he has seen.

Alvaro Gil-Robles said the cells in the historic Palais de Justice in Paris were squalid and inhumane.

Describing them as "dungeons," he said: "It is incredible that people are imprisoned in such conditions, without ventilation and without natural light. I have never seen a worse prison." Mr Gil-Robles, 60, an academic lawyer and Spain's former national ombudsman, spent 16 days in France last month inspecting prisons, detention centres and mental hospitals.
Perhaps as a humanitarian gesture the U.S. could offer to hold Merimee at Guantanamo Bay.

How long before Kofi is shackeled? Any bets? God, I love it when truth and justice will out!

JoeChalupa
10-12-2005, 02:34 PM
So does DeLay.

Yonivore
10-12-2005, 02:37 PM
So does DeLay.
Yep. Ronnie Earle is about to be excoriated by truth and justice.

AFE7FATMAN
10-12-2005, 11:54 PM
A woman in charge is great.

Yep, Men have been f'n it up for a long time, so I'm told. :rolleyes

Put Women in Charge, than when/if they screw it up, we can say
"See what happens when you put a woman in charge" :lol