PDA

View Full Version : McCain: Rand Paul 'is now working for Vladimir Putin'

ElNono
03-16-2017, 04:03 AM
Sen. John McCain on Wednesday accused fellow Sen. Rand Paul of doing Russian President Vladimir Putin's bidding after Paul blocked an attempt to vote on a treaty for NATO membership for Montenegro.

"The senator from Kentucky is now working for Vladimir Putin," McCain bluntly said of Paul on the Senate floor following the dust-up.

The Arizona Republican, who chairs the Senate Armed Services Committee, was joined on the Senate floor by Democrats Ben Cardin of Maryland and Jeanne Shaheen of New Hampshire to push for debate and a vote on the treaty. But Paul, who has opposed further expansion of NATO, objected to McCain's request to consider the measure.

Russia has sought to prevent the small Balkan nation from coming under Western influence, and McCain warned about Russian attempts to destabilize Montenegro's government.

The treaty is expected to garner wide support in the Senate. Twenty-three of the 28 NATO member nations have voted in favor of Montenegro joining the alliance.

McCain slammed Paul for killing the vote "without any justification or any rationale."

"If there is objection, you are achieving the objectives of Vladimir Putin," McCain said. "You are achieving the objectives of trying to dismember this small country, which has already been the subject of an attempted coup."

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/mccain-rand-paul-is-now-working-for-vladimir-putin-236106

:lol McCain

Reck
03-16-2017, 05:08 AM
:lol US politics

How can one senator kill a vote?

Wild Cobra
03-16-2017, 07:37 AM
McCain is seriously losing it.

He needs to retire before everyone sees it.

Reck
03-16-2017, 07:40 AM
McCain is seriously losing it.

He needs to retire before everyone sees it.

The irony. :lol

Quadzilla99
03-16-2017, 08:58 AM
WTF is Paul's deal here?

DMX7
03-16-2017, 09:54 AM
WC doesn't like John McCain because Agent Orange (AKA Trump) isn't a fan either.

AaronY
03-16-2017, 10:00 AM
Did Paul explain himself?

hater
03-16-2017, 10:27 AM
:lmao The mighty empire of Montenegro :lmao

Mcain :lol

clambake
03-16-2017, 10:43 AM
not that long ago you guys were salivating for mccain.

the worm has turned.

thanks for being who we know you are.

spurraider21
03-16-2017, 11:21 AM
Did Paul explain himself?nah, he just muttered something in russian on his way out

DMX7
03-16-2017, 12:42 PM
:lmao The mighty empire of Montenegro :lmao

Mcain :lol

Do you even understand the vote? It's to put the NATO shield around Montenegro and protect it from Russia precisely because it isn't a mighty empire -- not because we need Montenegro to ever come to our aid.

hater
03-16-2017, 02:20 PM
:lmao believing Russia will invade Montenegro :lmao

Its actually basically so they can get land to put more nukes pointing at Russia. Thats what joining Nato has basically become these days :lmao

Chris
03-16-2017, 02:27 PM
McCain has such a hard on to go to war with Russia that the Leftist MSM propaganda machine has fully enveloped him with open arms.

SnakeBoy
03-16-2017, 03:44 PM
Do you even understand the vote? It's to put the NATO shield around Montenegro and protect it from Russia precisely because it isn't a mighty empire -- not because we need Montenegro to ever come to our aid.

Yeah that's the reason :rolleyes

Quadzilla99
03-16-2017, 03:48 PM

Well what's the real reason Paul voted it down?

DMX7
03-16-2017, 03:49 PM

Russia has sought to prevent the small Balkan nation from coming under Western influence, and McCain warned about Russian attempts to destabilize Montenegro's government.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/mccain-rand-paul-is-now-working-for-vladimir-putin-236106

DMX7
03-16-2017, 03:54 PM
Well what's the real reason Paul voted it down?

He's an isolationist.

Quadzilla99
03-16-2017, 03:58 PM

So it can still go through the Senate or it's dead now?

mavsfan1000
03-16-2017, 07:17 PM
McCain needs to retire already. He probably ran for President so he could fight Russia.

FuzzyLumpkins
03-16-2017, 07:21 PM
:lmao believing Russia will invade Montenegro :lmao

Its actually basically so they can get land to put more nukes pointing at Russia. Thats what joining Nato has basically become these days :lmao

:lmao believing Russia will invade Ukraine :lmao
:lmao believing Russia will invade Georgia :lmao
:lmao believing Russia will invade Kazakhstan :lmao

spurraider21
03-16-2017, 07:22 PM
McCain needs to retire already. He probably ran for President so he could fight Russia.who nominated him :lol

clambake
03-16-2017, 07:33 PM
its not called "invade" anymore.

its called "adopt"

hater
03-16-2017, 07:39 PM
:lmao believing Russia has a plan to invade Montenegro :lol

clambake
03-16-2017, 07:49 PM
adopt

Clipper Nation
03-17-2017, 05:29 PM
McCain is working for George Soros.

DarrinS
03-17-2017, 06:02 PM
Russians everywhere

spurraider21
03-17-2017, 06:23 PM
Russians everywhereyou looking through Trump's financials?

ducks
03-17-2017, 06:40 PM
He is a disgrace to az
But he is a vet and people think you can not bash him

rasuo214
03-17-2017, 07:49 PM

Why is this in America's interest? Are you willing to fight a war or start WW3 over Montenegro?

Quadzilla99
03-17-2017, 07:50 PM
Putin is not going to start a nuclear war. He's bluffing and hoping Trump and other Western nations are too pussy to call him on it.

pgardn
03-17-2017, 08:34 PM
:lmao believing Russia will invade Ukraine :lmao
:lmao believing Russia will invade Georgia :lmao
:lmao believing Russia will invade Kazakhstan :lmao

They were invited into Crimea as well. And tourism, it's a boomin.

pgardn
03-17-2017, 08:37 PM
Putin is not going to start a nuclear war. He's bluffing and hoping Trump and other Western nations are too pussy to call him on it.

He just hopes the rest of the world becomes shittier than Russia. And will attempt to make it so. Because drinking Aftershave is a great alternative to Vodka. Only you die.

DMX7
03-17-2017, 09:31 PM
Why is this in America's interest? Are you willing to fight a war or start WW3 over Montenegro?

It's in our interest to preserve peace in Europe by deterring war, and it seems less likely Russia would violate Montenegro's territorial integrity and start a near war if it were protected by NATO. No nation-state has yet gone to war with a NATO country, so it's proven effective especially on a continent that was in constant conflict up until NATO's formation.

mavsfan1000
03-17-2017, 10:01 PM
It's not worth the risk to see if he is bluffing or not. I think Trump has handled Putin quite well.

rasuo214
03-17-2017, 10:56 PM
It's in our interest to preserve peace in Europe by deterring war, and it seems less likely Russia would violate Montenegro's territorial integrity and start a near war if it were protected by NATO. No nation-state has yet gone to war with a NATO country, so it's proven effective especially on a continent that was in constant conflict up until NATO's formation.

You understand that this is an intentionally provocative move towards the Russians, correct?

All I ask is are you personally willing to fight a war over Montenegro? I sure as hell wouldn't. When you expand an alliance it should be mutually beneficial. There should be a cost/benefit analysis instead of a tepid argument of "preserving peace". Last time I checked antagonizing other nations isn't a path towards peace nor does it deter war.

DMX7
03-17-2017, 11:53 PM
You understand that this is an intentionally provocative move towards the Russians, correct?

All I ask is are you personally willing to fight a war over Montenegro? I sure as hell wouldn't. When you expand an alliance it should be mutually beneficial. There should be a cost/benefit analysis instead of a tepid argument of "preserving peace". Last time I checked antagonizing other nations isn't a path towards peace nor does it deter war.

Russia perceives the entire concept of NATO as provocative and threatening, yet it's a simple fact that Russia has never tried to invade a NATO state. That fact seems to undermine your argument.

Whether I am personally willing to fight in this unlikely and hypothetical war you write of is irrelevant as to whether expansion of NATO would preserve peace or not.

rasuo214
03-18-2017, 01:18 AM
Russia perceives the entire concept of NATO as provocative and threatening, yet it's a simple fact that Russia has never tried to invade a NATO state. That fact seems to undermine your argument.

Whether I am personally willing to fight in this unlikely and hypothetical war you write of is irrelevant as to whether expansion of NATO would preserve peace or not.

My argument isn't anti-NATO it is against the inclusion of Montenegro into NATO. So how is my argument undermined? Has Russia tried to invade Montenegro? Since the dissolution of the Soviet Union how many Nations has Russia invaded? The answer to that is 1 (Crimea). How many Nations has the US invaded in that same time period? 3 (4 if you count Iraq twice).

So you're making an argument on a false premise. Russia isn't going around invading countries on a regular basis.

FuzzyLumpkins
03-18-2017, 04:27 AM

Chechnya 1999 Georgia 2008. It was not just Crimea.

Cost is nothing. As has been pointed out, countries don't attack NATO. The benefit is a country is able to self determine.

Now let's do a cost/benefit analysis of not supporting them, the potential for invasion and the regional destabilization that would result. What benefit is there? None

boutons_deux
03-18-2017, 11:42 AM
Vlad's LONG GAME

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/01/putins-real-long-game-214589