PDA

View Full Version : Where will Kawhi demand to be traded

playbonner15
03-16-2017, 09:07 AM
Hypothetically? He could've entertained the idea at some point... You can sense the frustration in him in every game, shouting at his teammates, arguing with Pop.....But I dont think he goes to the Lakers just because of his Cali history. I think he'll be with the Pelicans... with his connection with Cousins.. and then theres AD if he wants a system with scoring centers....I think he'll also be a great fit with the Celtics with another defensive guy like Avery Bradley as well as a slashing pg like isiah thomas

Canyonero
03-16-2017, 09:09 AM
Nets

Dex
03-16-2017, 09:10 AM
You can sense the frustration in him in every game, shouting at his teammates, arguing with Pop

http://gifsec.com/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2014/03/Wat-gif.gif

BatManu20
03-16-2017, 10:09 AM
Kawhi's retiring a Spur. Bet.

Keepin' it real
03-16-2017, 10:23 AM
76ers, book it.

NameLess Scrub
03-16-2017, 10:33 AM
Cavs. Lebron needs more help.

sasaint
03-16-2017, 10:42 AM
You can sense the frustration in him in every game, shouting at his teammates, arguing with Pop....

If that is so, it may foreshadow the end for some dead weight like Tony and Danny, but not the end for Kawhi. If demands to be traded by Kawhi ever surfaced publicly, the Spurs would be mortally wounded. Their reputation for having a unique culture and sustaining excellence while never experiencing organizational controversy would be shattered. Rebuilding a team to compete on the court would be a minor re-tooling compared to recovering from such a seismic shock to the over-all organization. Demands to be traded coming from "the face of the franchise" would reduce San Antonio to the level of Phoenix, Sacramento, New York, Denver. If the Spurs were to fall to the ranks of the perpetually non-competitive, how many vacant seats would there be in the AT&T Center? How long would they even remain in San Antonio? No, PATFO will address the need to put a better cast around Kawhi (especially after the Aldridge affair) before they will allow any trade demands to become public and certainly before they ever entertain them. Just to remind some: Kawhi, himself, said that standing pat at the trade deadline was a good thing.

Fireball
03-16-2017, 10:43 AM
some OPs are annoying ... some are just plain dumb

RD2191
03-16-2017, 11:03 AM
I doubt he'll go to the Lakers but maybe the clips?

Darius Bieber
03-16-2017, 11:41 AM
Yeah probably Clips or Warriors.

TheGreatYacht
03-16-2017, 12:09 PM
I got the Pelicans. Cousins always speaks highly of him.

Nathan89
03-16-2017, 12:23 PM
I remember when apples was declaring he would go to the clippers.

BillMc
03-16-2017, 12:38 PM
Kawhi is now the MAN on perennial contender where he's already won a title and in a state with no income tax where he will be able to get the new CBA's star player mega deal next contract if he stays, Sure he'll demand a trade. He must be miserable.

Darius Bieber
03-16-2017, 12:45 PM
Kawhi is now the MAN on perennial contender where he's already won a title and in a state with no income tax where he will be able to get the new CBA's star player mega deal next contract if he stays, Sure he'll demand a trade. He must be miserable.

To be fair, the no income tax isn't a huge deal as it depends on where the player is playing the game currently. If he plays in Oakland, LA, or Sacramento he will pay their taxes. So while he'd play more games in Texas due to our division, it doesn't make a huge difference.

Splits
03-16-2017, 12:46 PM

SAGirl
03-16-2017, 01:03 PM
Just to remind some: Kawhi, himself, said that standing pat at the trade deadline was a good thing.
Yep. He spoke well of his teammates and said getting their chemistry together is all they need. If anything they just haven't been healthy. The Tony injury is an enigma in terms of when they expect him back. It's a shame Dijon also got injured when he could have been taking advantage of the available playing time.

sasaint
03-16-2017, 01:14 PM
Yep. He spoke well of his teammates and said getting their chemistry together is all they need. If anything they just haven't been healthy. The Tony injury is an enigma in terms of when they expect him back. It's a shame Dijon also got injured when he could have been taking advantage of the available playing time.

Yes, it is really tragic that Dijon has not been healthy to take advantage of the increased playing time that he would have undoubtedly gained in Tony's absence. Tragic for him and tragic for the Spurs and their season.

sasaint
03-16-2017, 01:23 PM
To be fair, the no income tax isn't a huge deal as it depends on where the player is playing the game currently. If he plays in Oakland, LA, or Sacramento he will pay their taxes. So while he'd play more games in Texas due to our division, it doesn't make a huge difference.

Your understanding of tax law as it impacts NBA players is fine, but you are underestimating the mathematics. The impact of having half of your games not be subject to state income taxes as opposed to playing half of your games in California or New York plus all but a handful of your other games in states that impose an income tax is not insubstantial at the enormous salaries NBA players make.

Spur|n|Austin
03-16-2017, 01:36 PM

spursistan
03-16-2017, 01:46 PM

We are (likely) officially wasting Year 1 of prime Kawhi with this shitty supporting cast for a so called contender....

Perpetual second round exits is going to wear thin at some point..

NameLess Scrub
03-16-2017, 01:50 PM
Yeah probably Clips or Warriors.

In order:

1. Cavs because Lebron needs help
2. Warriors because a ring is a ring
3. Clippers so he doesn't get beaten by them anymore

r0drig0lac
03-16-2017, 02:43 PM
Warriors

Curry
Klay
Kawhi
Durant
whatever

TD 21
03-16-2017, 03:24 PM

We are (likely) officially wasting Year 1 of prime Kawhi with this shitty supporting cast for a so called contender....

Perpetual second round exits is going to wear thin at some point..

I wouldn't worry about Leonard going anywhere. He's already won a championship and been to two Finals, plus he clearly loves being behind the shield, of sorts, that this organization provides from the spotlight.

If you look at the league's elite or second tier teams, nobody checks all the boxes but the Spurs. They can offer the most money, a proven front office/coach/teammates, who've built up credibility and equity with him, clear cut first option status and they don't have to move a significant piece(s) to accommodate him.

It's like the Clippers. So many clamor for change, but where can they all go where they get what they have their? That's why they're all more than likely staying.

TheGreatYacht
03-16-2017, 04:39 PM
Warriors

Curry
Klay
Kawhi
Durant
whatever
"Only if we get Patrick McCawk and a second"

http://speakerdata2.s3.amazonaws.com/photo/image/818735/442889022.jpg

Brazil
03-16-2017, 05:12 PM
It was Apo who called that right ? that Kawhi won't stay Spurs and will ask for a trade

Darius Bieber
03-16-2017, 07:51 PM
Dude's working his ass off, only to lose to a sub .500 team at home because his team is total trash. Dude deserves to go to an actually good team.

Ice009
03-16-2017, 08:13 PM
If that is so, it may foreshadow the end for some dead weight like Tony and Danny, but not the end for Kawhi. If demands to be traded by Kawhi ever surfaced publicly, the Spurs would be mortally wounded. Their reputation for having a unique culture and sustaining excellence while never experiencing organizational controversy would be shattered. Rebuilding a team to compete on the court would be a minor re-tooling compared to recovering from such a seismic shock to the over-all organization. Demands to be traded coming from "the face of the franchise" would reduce San Antonio to the level of Phoenix, Sacramento, New York, Denver. If the Spurs were to fall to the ranks of the perpetually non-competitive, how many vacant seats would there be in the AT&T Center? How long would they even remain in San Antonio? No, PATFO will address the need to put a better cast around Kawhi (especially after the Aldridge affair) before they will allow any trade demands to become public and certainly before they ever entertain them. Just to remind some: Kawhi, himself, said that standing pat at the trade deadline was a good thing.

Good post. If Kawhi asks to be traded, the franchise could be in ruins. I really like reading your posts so far this season.

sasaint
03-16-2017, 08:16 PM
Good post. If Kawhi asks to be traded, the franchise could be in ruins. I really like reading your posts so far this season.

Thanks, friend. :toast

Ice009
03-16-2017, 08:22 PM
Thanks, friend. :toast

No problem, just thought I'd say something nice on here for once ;). I can't remember if I've ever disagreed with anything you've said this season, but overall, I've enjoyed reading your posts/takes this season.

GSH
03-16-2017, 09:51 PM
Kawhi did an interview just a few weeks ago, where they asked him about the Spurs possibly picking up another player or two at the deadline. Kawhi's response was that he thought they were good where they were. He's not disgruntled. He's not calling for more players, like LeBron.

And he's not demanding a fucking trade.

phxspurfan
03-16-2017, 10:37 PM

Not like MJ had a title team around him in 87. Took the Bulls a good 4-5 more years to put a team together around him. And that was basically Pippen and some shooters/rebounders

GSH
03-16-2017, 11:11 PM

Which is EXACTLY why I wanted to see them take one year to rebuild, and get out of cap hell. Because if you don't have the horses to get all the way, you should re-group and try to get them in place the next year. People keep acting like I said to blow up the team. The point was to try and make sure Kawhi has the supporting cast to win it all, as soon as possible.

And I was right. The only thing that could have changed things, IMO, is injuries to some of the top contenders. That may have happened, so the Spurs may have a shot at a ring after all. But taking this shot made it harder for the Spurs to get the talent around Kawhi next year. Maybe the FO can pull another rabbit out of their hats. But they will have to find some unexpected help, because they won't be able to go out and buy a lot of talent.

TheGreatYacht
03-16-2017, 11:29 PM
Which is EXACTLY why I wanted to see them take one year to rebuild, and get out of cap hell. Because if you don't have the horses to get all the way, you should re-group and try to get them in place the next year. People keep acting like I said to blow up the team. The point was to try and make sure Kawhi has the supporting cast to win it all, as soon as possible.

And I was right. The only thing that could have changed things, IMO, is injuries to some of the top contenders. That may have happened, so the Spurs may have a shot at a ring after all. But taking this shot made it harder for the Spurs to get the talent around Kawhi next year. Maybe the FO can pull another rabbit out of their hats. But they will have to find some unexpected help, because they won't be able to go out and buy a lot of talent.
Spurs should've traded Aldridge in the offseason to Boston while his stock was high. Now they won't even get a package like the Kings got for Cousins after a disappointing second season plus a heart scare...

Kawhi will be 27 once all the TOSB (Aldridge, Gasol, Green, Parker, Ginobili) contracts are gone smh.

rastaspur
03-17-2017, 12:21 AM
Spurs should've traded Aldridge in the offseason to Boston while his stock was high. Now they won't even get a package like the Kings got for Cousins after a disappointing second season plus a heart scare...

Kawhi will be 27 once all the TOSB (Aldridge, Gasol, Green, Parker, Ginobili) contracts are gone smh.

His trade value is now the lowest its ever been in his entire career. As a youngster he had upside. That is a thing of the past.

Mnky
03-17-2017, 12:27 AM
Kawhi did an interview just a few weeks ago, where they asked him about the Spurs possibly picking up another player or two at the deadline. Kawhi's response was that he thought they were good where they were. He's not disgruntled. He's not calling for more players, like LeBron.

And he's not demanding a fucking trade.

He also said that the 1 seed doesn't matter. They've had home court before and lost. Focusing on chemistry and getting better is all that matters.

Pop raised the kid right. He's focused. Will make it easier for teammates to play their game.

rasuo214
03-17-2017, 03:11 AM
More likely he'll request changes to be made. No matter the result of this season the team needs to address the guard situation. They can't rely on 40 yr old Manu returning, 35 yr old Tony staying healthy or improving, 30 yr old Danny who isn't what he was a few years ago. Mills is likely gone and Simmons is no longer in the rotation.

BG_Spurs_Fan
03-17-2017, 03:23 AM
ST getting close to RealGM level of terrible takes lately.

Mal
03-17-2017, 03:59 AM
Warriors, after they get rid of Igoudala

EIC
03-17-2017, 04:30 AM
Dude's working his ass off, only to lose to a sub .500 team at home because his team is total trash. Dude deserves to go to an actually good team.

playbonner15
03-17-2017, 04:47 AM
The question was purely hypothetical for the sake of discussion :lol There are no reports of kawhi getting traded. Setttle down guys :lol

BillMc
03-17-2017, 05:28 AM

dabom
03-17-2017, 09:40 AM
Realgm is pretty low. :lol

Chinook
03-17-2017, 10:04 AM

Currently debating with a LOF over there right now about whether it's harder to be an Asian NBA player or an Ivy NBA player. Really glad Lin didn't sign with SA if only to avoid those guys.

Solid D
03-17-2017, 10:13 AM
Fake news

sasaint
03-17-2017, 10:44 AM

Boston...Phoenix...Chicago...Somewhere...Anywhere

james evans
03-17-2017, 11:05 AM
he needs to demand we get rid of Aldridge and Green

SpursforSix
03-17-2017, 11:38 AM
he needs to demand we get rid of Aldridge and Green

Parker's the killer imo. I'm hoping that all these injuries make him realize he needs to retire.

gambit1990
03-18-2017, 02:28 PM
maybe he asks for a trade if parker's still starting at age 40 :lol

i could see him in a clippers uniform. don't really see him playing for the warriors/meshing with their core. cp3/kawhi/blake would be fun to watch.

UNT Eagles 2016
03-18-2017, 08:36 PM
LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLakers!!!!!!!

ajh18
03-18-2017, 08:38 PM
He'll never demand to get traded. Spur for life.

But my dream pairing to see in action would be Kawhi and the Greek Freak.

mexicanjunior
03-18-2017, 10:30 PM
He'll go to the Lakers...No way he wants to stay in this shit show..

playbonner15
03-19-2017, 12:12 AM
He'll go to the Lakers...No way he wants to stay in this shit show..
He has a shitty cast right now but I think FO is gonna offer him max after another playoff exit