PDA

View Full Version : Paging Mr. Burns, Paging Mr. Peter Burns...

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-12-2005, 09:07 AM
Have you recieved your check for talking about Alge Crumpler all the time?

:lol

-----

Radio station chain reveals firings after probe

10/12/2005

Associated Press

Clear Channel Communications has fired unidentified employees and disciplined others after an internal payola probe found "evidence of wrongdoing," the nation's largest radio station owner announced Wednesday.

The San Antonio-based radio chain's announcement came in a statement Wednesday after an earlier settlement between New York Attorney General Eliot Spitzer and Sony BMG. The settlement agreement alleged that some Clear Channel Radio programmers took illegal "pay-for-play."

Clear Channel said an internal investigation found two cases with "evidence of wrongdoing," and those involved have been fired. In other instances, Clear Channel said it found "evidence of inappropriate conduct," and those involved have been disciplined.

The statement did not identify the Clear Channel properties where the dismissed and disciplined workers were employed. However, the company said all of its station general managers and programmers will be given additional training on company anti-payola policies.

"We take this issue very seriously and our policy is clear: If you engage in pay-for-play, you cannot work for Clear Channel," said John Hogan, chief executive officer of the Clear Channel Radio unit. "We believe the vast majority of our programmers are doing a terrific job, fully within the law."

In July, Sony BMG agreed to pay $10 million and to stop bribing radio stations to feature its artists. The agreement was part of a wider investigation by Spitzer, who has called payola "pervasive" in the radio industry.

After the settlement, the Federal Communications Commission said it would look into the issue.

Clear Channel Communications owns about 1,200 stations.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sharedcontent/APStories/stories/D8D6GLNOA.html

batman2883
10-12-2005, 09:10 AM
Paging mr herman, mr pee wee herman you have a phone call in the lobby

sa_butta
10-12-2005, 10:29 AM
Paging mr herman, mr pee wee herman you have a phone call in the lobbypeewee-paging.wav (47 KB) (http://lavender.fortunecity.com/manwood/185/peewee-paging.wav)

PeterBurns
10-12-2005, 10:47 AM
Under the radar in this one.
Of course since I traded Alge Crumpler in one of my leagues, I don't pimp him anymore.

This payola is a serious issue with a lot radio stations across the country.
Not so much on the AM side of course.

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-12-2005, 10:49 AM
Under the radar in this one.
Of course since I traded Alge Crumpler in one of my leagues, I don't pimp him anymore.

This payola is a serious issue with a lot radio stations across the country.
Not so much on the AM side of course.

Yeah, I know.

I've got an offer for Alge on the table.

I just like to bust your balls a little since you're CC.

batman2883
10-12-2005, 10:50 AM
peewee-paging.wav (47 KB) (http://lavender.fortunecity.com/manwood/185/peewee-paging.wav)

ha ha hah a fuck yeah...i loved that part

sa_butta
10-12-2005, 11:07 AM
ha ha hah a fuck yeah...i loved that partDo you remember Pee Wee in the movie Cheech and Chongs Next Movie, he was also a desk clerk at a hotel. It is still funny to hear him say fuck.

batman2883
10-12-2005, 11:13 AM
do you remember him on the big kahuna with frankie avalon...it was called return to the beach or something he flys off on a surf board

sa_butta
10-12-2005, 11:18 AM
do you remember him on the big kahuna with frankie avalon...it was called return to the beach or something he flys off on a surf boardI dont think Ive even seen that movie. But he looked funny as hell in Blow.

batman2883
10-12-2005, 11:30 AM
he was a fag in blow ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

sa_butta
10-12-2005, 11:31 AM
he was a fag in blow ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha hayeah, he played that part too good.:lol

batman2883
lol "ken and barbie...oh my god"

batman2883
ha ha ha ha eminems song......and dont treat me like im pee wee herman, this movie's pg....

sa_butta
10-12-2005, 11:45 AM
check out this slang translation of that song.
This shit is funny.
http://www.slangcity.com/songs/ass_like_that.htm

batman2883
10-12-2005, 01:12 PM
ha ha ha ha ha

King
10-12-2005, 01:21 PM
ahahaha. I knew it!