PDA

View Full Version : Another Masterful coaching job from pop...

apalisoc_9
03-18-2017, 10:34 PM
Nah...

Waited too late to get Parker out of the game
Waited till the 5 minute mark to get Aldridge back in the game

Oh and this team for some odd reason still wants green To dribvle the ball..I'm looking at you Starters.

Stop giving the ball to Green so he can dribble ball.

You would thinl they've learned by now.

FkLA
03-18-2017, 10:40 PM
I don't think he put Kawhi in the best position to succeed today. Why not give him more looks in the post so he can take advantage of his size? Played into Allen's defensive strengths imo.

spursistan
03-18-2017, 10:40 PM
Pop forcefeeding Aldridge early even if it means the team takes the Ls...that sound like the game-plan was the last to games..At least we won with him being a defensive anchor..

apalisoc_9
03-18-2017, 10:45 PM
Pop forcefeeding Aldridge early even if it means the team takes the Ls...that sound like the game-plan was the last to games..At least we won with him being a defensive anchor..

The offense has looked like dogshit since they started to force feed Aldridge.

Stop with that shit. Its impossible to generate decent offense with a jumpshooting big.

Makes me wonder of his Heart Condition was really a "heart" condition and his feelings got hurt.

YGWHI
03-18-2017, 10:57 PM
Talking about forcefeeding LMA. In the last two games he took most shots than any other Spurs, they lost the two games. Amazing, right?

Tonight, Kawhi took 2 shots in the 3rd quarter, LMA...11.

I guess, it's hard to take over a game when the best player of the team doesn't have the ball in his hands.

Kawhi shot .40 FG% against Atlanta too, the difference was that without Parker and LMA, he took 9 more shots and was aggressive all game.

Forceeding LMA killed Kawhi tonight

Hoops Czar
03-18-2017, 10:59 PM
It's just one game, Pop will be fine.

YGWHI
03-18-2017, 11:03 PM
It's just one game, Pop will be fine.

Like he was fine in last playoffs?
Refusing to play Kawhi as much as KD? Spurs got outplayed by 40 points per 100 p when Kawhi was on the bench.
Resufing to play LMA at C with one of Boris/West instead of putting those two together? Spurs were outrebounded by OKC bigs.
Pop drawing two consecutive plays for Parker and LMA to close game 5 of OKC when they couldn't hit the ocean in that game? Spurs missed a crucial home game...

Mikeanaro
03-18-2017, 11:12 PM
Pop only wants to win if his team can survive his traps.

dbreiden83080
03-18-2017, 11:28 PM
He is a top 5 coach all time.. God you bitches are whiny.. Lets get Scott Brooks to coach us. He has lots of rings.

YGWHI
03-19-2017, 01:18 AM
He is a top 5 coach all time.. God you bitches are whiny.. Lets get Scott Brooks to coach us. He has lots of rings.

I guess a regular coach with prime Tim Duncan and young Parker/Manu as supporting cast, plus the best perimeter defender of those days like Bruce, could have won some rings, too.

Anyway, Pop's a top 5 coach All Time but he's getting old and losing his fire.

SAGirl
03-19-2017, 01:24 AM
:depressedI don't think it's that much Pop. There are guys who had not been playing well. It was great to see Lamarcus and Simmons finally find their games and hit shots, but there are others coming back from injury or out of rhythm.
And credit to Memphis they made a lot of 3 pt shots.

Still :depressedI hate losing winnable games.

Mikeanaro
03-19-2017, 01:27 AM
I guess a regular coach with prime Tim Duncan and young Parker/Manu as supporting cast, plus the best perimeter defender of those days like Bruce, could have won some rings, too.

That comfy poster dont understand coaches have a timer just like players, maybe he is too young to or has a short memory span to remember how Phil Jackson ended.

YGWHI
03-19-2017, 01:36 AM
:depressedI don't think it's that much Pop. There are guys who had not been playing well. It was great to see Lamarcus and Simmons finally find their games and hit shots, but there are others coming back from injury or out of rhythm.
And credit to Memphis they made a lot of 3 pt shots.

Still :depressedI hate losing winnable games.

If the starting PG has been plagued by injuries in the last 5 years and has been negative in last 2 playoffs, he shouldn't have a huge contract or the starting spot.

If a coach doesn't get anything from his guards in last seasons but doesn't make a move in the summer or at the trade deadline

If he puts some horrible bigman defender to close a game just for offense but he can't take advantage of his size...

If he puts a PG who turns the team best player into a passive guy parking in the corner...

I'd call it, coach's fault.

YGWHI
03-19-2017, 01:43 AM
That comfy poster dont understand coaches have a timer just like players, maybe he is too young to or has a short memory span to remember how Phil Jackson ended.

Hopefully they don't need a 0-4 playoffs series loss like that Lakers-Mavs, to realize it.

Horse
03-19-2017, 07:56 AM
They shouldn't forcefeed any player still need ball movement especially these days. But if your gonna forcefeed LMA why do it against gaysol, one of the better big defenders?

duncan2k5
03-19-2017, 09:20 AM
Exactly what I said!!!^^^

elemento
03-19-2017, 09:54 AM
Duncan's product :lol

Just make sure to be ready for another 2nd round exit

MultiTroll
03-19-2017, 11:31 AM
Lets get Scott Brooks to coach us. He has lots of rings.
Or maybe Billy Donovan could be bought out.

dbreiden83080
03-19-2017, 12:35 PM

52-16 with Tim retired. And the team is like 12-3 without Aldrige and Leonard last 2 years. Yeah Pop sucks..

TXstbobcat
03-19-2017, 12:51 PM
Pop is still on pace to win over 60 games the season after Tim Duncan retiring.

duncan2k5
03-19-2017, 01:01 PM
So u are satisfied with regular season wins?

MultiTroll
03-19-2017, 01:01 PM
Pop is still on pace to win over 60 games the season after Tim Duncan retiring.
Marty Shottenheimer, Mike D'Antoni etc.
We're looking for Championships.
Pops first 4 are getting older by the day. 2014s was great but the passing game since (playoffs) seems to be completely abandoned in favor outdated iso ball.
2014 I also wonder how much of that was Timmy Duncar driven, not Pop.

Capt Bringdown
03-19-2017, 01:04 PM
The Spurs are not playing well and don't seem to have an identity other than "we're a one-man show" as they head into the playoffs.

Fuck the ball movement, we gotta get LMA some more touches:pop:

TXstbobcat
03-19-2017, 01:08 PM
Marty Shottenheimer, Mike D'Antoni etc.
We're looking for Championships.
Pops first 4 are getting older by the day. 2014s was great but the passing game since (playoffs) seems to be completely abandoned in favor outdated iso ball.
2014 I also wonder how much of that was Timmy Duncar driven, not Pop.

not going to complain about the Spurs in the 2 seed. Higher than I thought they would be in the off-season.

TXstbobcat
03-19-2017, 01:09 PM
So u are satisfied with regular season wins?

2 seed is better than sinking down to lottery team status.