PDA

View Full Version : Mass Effect Andromeda average review score is in the 70s...

apalisoc_9
03-20-2017, 03:09 AM
Common cons

- animations
- NPC boring dialogue
- Story is a tier below the original

Commons pros

- Combat is still fun
- Overall mechanics is still pretty good

Not defending Andromeda, but gotta a feeling I can go through the shitty animation and average storyline. Will buy
in a month.

Also How does Legend of Zelda do their marketing?

Shitty story "but Zleda is not about story 10/10"
techinical issues "but i am not taking poibts away for thos cause its still a fun zelda game?

Nintendo Hype PR team is really something...

And here mass effect Andromeda is getting tortured for the same two things. Story and technical issues. :lol

DJR210
03-20-2017, 05:08 AM
The game doesn't even look that bad, animation included. People are just doing this because one, it's EA, and two, they're still mad about ME3's ending

baseline bum
03-20-2017, 08:25 AM
Ouch, Gamespot gave a really bad review to this game :lol

http://i.imgur.com/yEwiORg.png

Reck
03-20-2017, 09:02 AM
:cry too many fetch quest, how dare you give me shit to do in a game.

IMO, 2 out of their "bad thing" can absolutely be fixed in a patch.

I'll give this game a few months until they get their shit straight. I'm still very much looking forward to getting this.

resistanze
03-20-2017, 09:27 AM
:lol Andromeda

ME1 is still my favorite due to storytelling an dialogue (also had a lot of RPG elements compared to the sequels). I don't care about ME3's ending anymore but if their storytelling continues to be shitty with Andromeda, I don't think the other elements of Mass Effect were ever something to hang its hat on, compared to other genres.

I still will try it out eventually just to see if it's indeed this poor.

apalisoc_9
03-20-2017, 09:51 AM
Also, what's up with all the SJW complains from trumpers? It's not just this game but Horizon zero dawn too.

I'm not even a mass effect fan but...

- Woman Protagonist :cry
- There's minorities in the game :cry
- there's gays in the game :cry

Seems like a common complaint theme nowadys

Xevious
03-20-2017, 01:39 PM
Also, what's up with all the SJW complains from trumpers? It's not just this game but Horizon zero dawn too.

I'm not even a mass effect fan but...

- Woman Protagonist :cry
- There's minorities in the game :cry
- there's gays in the game :cry

Seems like a common complaint theme nowadys

Bioware has had (a choice of) female protagonists and gay characters for years and years. Nobody was expecting this to be any different.

I'll still play this eventually, but Bioware has been slipping since the first ME and Dragon Age: Origins. Strong characters, complex morality, and gripping storylines have been where they shine. Without those elements, their games aren't that appealing.

apalisoc_9
03-20-2017, 09:59 PM
I thought Dragon age inquistion was a fantastic game. 8/10.

Just some story presentation issues and game had way too many fetch content otherwise it was fantastic.

Reck
03-20-2017, 10:02 PM
game had way too many fetch content otherwise it was fantastic.

This is such a false complain I hear a lot. A game that has a lot of fetch quests is a good thing. Unless the game is piss poor shit.

apalisoc_9
03-20-2017, 10:13 PM
This is such a false complain I hear a lot. A game that has a lot of fetch quests is a good thing. Unless the game is piss poor shit.

Not a false complaint.

People dont like to travel aroubd looking for gazillion of letters from dead bodies.

Clipper Nation
03-21-2017, 08:13 AM
How long before the racist lead gameplay designer blames the review scores for his horrible game on "white supremacy" and "racism"?

http://i.imgur.com/Th4U4hn.jpg

Reck
03-21-2017, 08:24 AM
^Will get fired before the end of the week.

When are these idiots going to realized twitter isn't a guilt free confessional tool for you to air out your racism/insecurities. Dumb cucks.

apalisoc_9
03-21-2017, 09:33 AM
He was let go a year go.

He's kinda right though..They even got a white person to play the role of jesus.

Leetonidas
03-21-2017, 02:02 PM
I already got it in the mail earlier. I'll fire it up before the spurs game when I get home later and post my thoughts on it

Joseph Kony
03-22-2017, 10:02 PM
i'm not overly far into this game yet, just exploring Eos, but having never played a mass effect a game it seems pretty cool, i can see how once you start leveling up and unlocking skills the combat would be epic. the animations issues are noticeable but nothing that makes it not worth playing at this point

apalisoc_9
03-22-2017, 10:16 PM
i'm not overly far into this game yet, just exploring Eos, but having never played a mass effect a game it seems pretty cool, i can see how once you start leveling up and unlocking skills the combat would be epic. the animations issues are noticeable but nothing that makes it not worth playing at this point

How's the story?

Feels like review companies just hoped in the bandwagon of hate...Everything I heard so far from people I know IRL is that the gameplay/combat is the best ever in a mass effect series so itd surprising to hear reviewers focus their grades on Animations and bugs that will most likely get fixed by parches anyway.

Reck
03-23-2017, 07:28 AM
How's the story?

Feels like review companies just hoped in the bandwagon of hate...Everything I heard so far from people I know IRL is that the gameplay/combat is the best ever in a mass effect series so itd surprising to hear reviewers focus their grades on Animations and bugs that will most likely get fixed by parches anyway.

Kinda told you that you cant judge a game based on a 10 hour beta access some people got.

Massive games like these take hours on hours to get going.

DJR210
03-23-2017, 12:20 PM

Have you romanced another man yet? Keep reading homosexual romance is one of the "groundbreaking features" of this series

03-23-2017, 12:37 PM
Have you romanced another man yet? Keep reading homosexual romance is one of the "groundbreaking features" of this series
Is this for real? :lmao

Reck
03-23-2017, 02:11 PM
Like that is anything new on RPG games. :lol

In Dark Age Inquisition you can have sex with a minotaur.

Xevious
03-23-2017, 04:11 PM
As I said upthread, Bioware has had gay sex in their games forever. Anyone who says it's new or groundbreaking has never played one of their games.

baseline bum
03-23-2017, 04:47 PM

Already done in Dragon Age Inquisition

Reck
03-23-2017, 05:19 PM
Did I say dark age? I meant Dragon Age.

Joseph Kony
03-23-2017, 06:29 PM
How's the story?

hard to say at this point tbh. i like the narrative of the game up to this point although some plot points seemed pretty obvious so far, but im only like 5 hours in. but as i mentioned once you start unlocking skills the combat has the potential to be amazing, im just not there yet.

and no i havent romanced any men just yet :lol

DJR210
03-23-2017, 10:22 PM
Like that is anything new on RPG games. :lol

In Dark Age Inquisition you can have sex with a minotaur.

Yeah, maybe homosexual oriented ones.. Dude tried to come at me sideways on Fallout 4, I peeled his fucking wig back

DJR210
03-23-2017, 10:23 PM
As I said upthread, Bioware has had gay sex in their games forever. Anyone who says it's new or groundbreaking has never played one of their games.

Never played a Homoware game tbh

DJR210
03-23-2017, 10:24 PM
hard to say at this point tbh. i like the narrative of the game up to this point although some plot points seemed pretty obvious so far, but im only like 5 hours in. but as i mentioned once you start unlocking skills the combat has the potential to be amazing, im just not there yet.

and no i havent romanced any men just yet :lol

Well be prepared for some wonky facial animations as your homie is plowing your ass

baseline bum
03-23-2017, 11:20 PM

If you're a woman in Dragon Age Inquisition you can bang all the females except the one religious bitch.

Xevious
03-23-2017, 11:31 PM

Dude... Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights, Knights of the Old Republic, Dragon Age, Mass Effect... you've played none of 'em? All classics. Some of the best RPGs ever.

Reck
03-23-2017, 11:40 PM
Dude... Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights, Knights of the Old Republic, Dragon Age, Mass Effect... you've played none of 'em? All classics. Some of the best RPGs ever.

Wait..you can romance same sex in KOTOR?

Xevious
03-23-2017, 11:46 PM
Not that I remember... that trend may have started with DA:O. I waz just surprised that DJR had never played a Bioware game.

apalisoc_9
03-23-2017, 11:50 PM
If you're a woman in Dragon Age Inquisition you can bang all the females except the one religious bitch.

Cassandra was religious? It's been a year since I played DAI but I thought it was more about principle.

apalisoc_9
03-23-2017, 11:52 PM
Also, I dont think you can bang that brown chick...I forgot her name.

DJR210
03-24-2017, 01:28 AM

Nope. Not one of them.

I'm not big on traditional RPG's.. Bethesda is what got me into them as they make the open world adventure game with heavy RPG elements.. Witcher 3, same thing.

As a kid I used to look at turn based RPG's and wonder how people could sit there for 20 minutes taking turns hitting eachother.. The only turn based RPG's I've played are Divinity Original Sin 1 and 2, and Wasteland 2.. I like both.

ElNono
03-24-2017, 02:33 AM
Baldur's Gate and KOTOR were awesome. They probably aged like shit though, I wouldn't recommend playing them. The only one I would, on fun factor alone, is Fallout and Fallout 2.

Most of the Black Isle games were great, tbh (Baldur's Gate, Fallout 2, Icewind Dale, etc was from them).

Reck
03-24-2017, 02:46 AM
Baldur's Gate and KOTOR were awesome. They probably aged like shit though, I wouldn't recommend playing them. The only one I would, on fun factor alone, is Fallout and Fallout 2.

Most of the Black Isle games were great, tbh (Baldur's Gate, Fallout 2, Icewind Dale, etc was from them).

I think it was like last year when I tried to replay play KOTOR 1. That shit was so wack.

The controls fell all clunky and the gameplay mechanics were so slow moving. I coulnd't take that shit. :lol

03-24-2017, 06:29 AM

Well that doesn't really count as homo imo tbh

DJR210
03-24-2017, 07:05 AM
Well that doesn't really count as homo imo tbh

Yeah exactly. That's perfectly acceptable behavior.

Xevious
03-24-2017, 08:47 AM
Jade Empire was another one of their games. You could threeway two chicks in that one. :lol

I doubt it has aged well either, but it was another fun game.

DJR210
03-24-2017, 01:36 PM
Can you do two in the pink one in the stink?

Trainwreck2100
03-28-2017, 06:54 PM

women characters could romance the weird cat alien that nobody romanced. But as somebody has already mentioned it's not really homo