PDA

View Full Version : Kwame Brown - this cracked me up

coopdogg3
10-12-2005, 10:31 AM
Hey all, this is from Simmon's quote of the day:

"This is my first summer [with] no trouble. I ain't go to jail for speeding. Didn't go to jail for DUI. I didn't break my foot. I didn't break my other foot. I'm one step ahead of the game already." -- Kwame Brown

Wow, looks like L.A. got a winner there :lol

coopdogg3

sprrs
10-12-2005, 11:29 AM
I bet t hey're feeling particularly happy they got him, since he's cleaning up his act and stuff :rolleyes

batman2883
10-12-2005, 11:43 AM
ha ha haha kwame gets most improved player award this year....i hate to admit it but he shall get it

lilmads
10-12-2005, 11:52 AM
Wow, looks like L.A. got a winner there

:lol

SenorSpur
10-12-2005, 11:55 AM
I originally felt sorry for this guy when he came into the league. Now I realize that he's just plain sorry and quite the dumb-ass.

He and da Fakers deserver each other.

Best wishes on a successful early summer vacation.

CharlieMac
10-12-2005, 12:29 PM
Man, that's fucking gold there.

Kori Ellis
10-12-2005, 12:32 PM
I ain't go to jail for speeding.

That's the real quote???

nkdlunch
10-12-2005, 12:54 PM
Funny article on Kwame:

Washington Times
Kwame's bad-guys list grows
By Tom Knott
October 5, 2005

Kwame Brown sees himself as Mohandas Gandhi in a loincloth, a passive resister who quit on the Wizards in the playoffs to save Gilbert Arenas from a slap-induced trip to the injured list.
This is the latest fanciful spin from the professional victim, as relayed to The Washington Post from the safety of his digs on the West Coast.
Living with being a quitter is obviously hard on the psyche. Being a liar becomes preferable to it.
Some guys just never learn, and Brown has gained entry into that club.
His list of those endeavoring to keep him down is forever expanding, from the tag-team maneuverings of Doug Collins and Michael Jordan to the mischievous efforts of Eddie Jordan and Ernie Grunfeld and now Arenas, the All-Star who instructed the coach not to play the delicate one. :lol
Why stop there?
Didn't Arenas urge the 20,000 in attendance to boo each time the ball slipped out of Brown's hands?
Brown has left the man on the grassy knoll and the one-armed man out of his fantasies so far. But give him time. He has taken up with the beautiful people of Los Angeles, where elaborate fantasies are a ticket to celluloid stardom.
The way Brown tells it, he is a humanitarian of the highest order, a peacenik second only to Cindy Sheehan.
That is his story now, although that was not his story last spring. He wanted more minutes then and walked out in a snit. Now he claims he walked out to spare Arenas the trauma of being slapped.
By this contention, the Wizards should honor Brown with a plaque on his one visit to Fun Street this season. If he never finds his niche in the NBA, he always could find work as a touring storyteller, as an earthier version of Garrison Keillor.
Brown has a million of them, with more certain to come, as he takes up with the Zen master and Kobe Bryant. They, too, are destined to be added to his list of conspirators, if not Mitch Kupchak and Jack Nicholson.

Until then, the Lakers ought to hire a professional tackler with duct tape and rope to swing into action whenever a reporter happens to mention minutes or shot attempts to Brown after a game.
Brown never has mastered the fine art of postgame diplomacy. There is ample material. He could offer to take it one game at a time or just be happy with his fresh start or borrow from Mark McGwire and let it be known that he is not wherever he is to discuss the past.
Brown had a productive summer, as he put it. He avoided an arrest, which in his case qualifies as improvement. He also purchased a larger home than the one he had in the Washington area, however that translates into a double-double on the court.
Brown called Arenas to explain that his desire to slap him was "misconstrued," and Arenas was big enough not to challenge the explanation, farfetched though it was.
There really is no sense in arguing with a person who keeps digging a deeper hole for himself.
Brown had four seasons to show his stuff, and all he developed in that time was a capacity to point fingers. He eventually lost his plausible deniability, as the incidents with coaches, teammates and the front office accumulated.
His lunatic charge against Arenas reveals just how out of touch he is.
Here is what Brown won't dare explain: career averages of 7.7 points and 5.5 rebounds.
Oh, right. Forgot. Those anemic numbers are the fault of the conspirators.
Their mission in life is to put the circumstances in place that lead to the failings of a 7-footer.
As you know, all successful NBA teams desperately want the No. 1 overall pick of a draft to fail.
At least that remains Brown's story, and he is sticking with it.

duncan2k5
10-12-2005, 03:14 PM
he's a loser. over on lakersground.net some of them are saying he is gonna be a top 3 pf....completely ludicrous. they also claim he can guard elite pfs. i cant wait till they are disappointed.

sa_butta
10-12-2005, 03:17 PM
he's a loser. over on lakersground.net some of them are saying he is gonna be a top 3 pf....completely ludicrous. they also claim he can guard elite pfs. i cant wait till they are disappointed.:lmao
the higher the expectations the bigger the dissapointment. Excellent.

wildbill2u
10-12-2005, 04:22 PM
Hey all, this is from Simmon's quote of the day:

"This is my first summer [with] no trouble. I ain't go to jail for speeding. Didn't go to jail for DUI. I didn't break my foot. I didn't break my other foot. I'm one step ahead of the game already." -- Kwame Brown

Wow, looks like L.A. got a winner there :lol

coopdogg3

Talk about your player with low expectations.... :rolleyes

spurs_fan_in_exile
10-12-2005, 04:49 PM
This cracked me up because the very first thing that sprang to mind is the image of a kid giving a report on how he spent his summer vacation.

"How I Spent My Summer, by Kwame Brown.

My summer was very good. I didn't go to jail, get a ticket, or get arrested by the police. It was the bestest summer ever. The End."

CosmicCowboy
10-12-2005, 05:16 PM
Kobe will have that whiney bitch bent over a chair before the allstar break.

ducks
10-12-2005, 05:34 PM
my english is better then his :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant

blackbucket
10-12-2005, 06:24 PM
my english is better then his :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant

:lol
THAT IS AWESOME!

Brutalis
10-12-2005, 09:31 PM
This cracked me up because the very first thing that sprang to mind is the image of a kid giving a report on how he spent his summer vacation.

"How I Spent My Summer, by Kwame Brown.

My summer was very good. I didn't go to jail, get a ticket, or get arrested by the police. It was the bestest summer ever. The End."
i laughed so hard at that.. :pctoss

Brutalis
10-12-2005, 09:32 PM
Ironic how this is the same kid MJ invested his name, money and time into? Look what he is now!

Maybe MJ is greatness, but he couldnt spot it in a crowd! Tehehehhee...