PDA

View Full Version : NBA: The NBA needs a 4th official, badly..Otherwise, their numbers are going to decline

apalisoc_9
03-22-2017, 02:50 AM
The last 4 minutes of an NBA game is quite brutal, tbh.

There's so many stopage.

I dont understand why they haven't implemented a 4th official that can review calls instantly. Official would be present in the game to give him a "feel" of the current game. He makes quick decisions after two or better angled replay etc.

Sometimes just waiting for the ref to make a decision on a m obviois call takes 2-4 minutes..

Ita numbing.

Sycacuase is useless.

UNT Eagles 2016
03-22-2017, 03:39 AM
NFL takes way longer and we still watch it, eh?

snickles
03-22-2017, 11:18 AM
Sycacuase is useless.

I was thinking the same thing last night. what is the point of having a centralized replay center if the local officials still make the call? so the NBA can show off their replay booth on national TV? now if they had the power to call something that the local refs missed, like the NFL in the last 2 minutes, that could be something.

I personally like the ideas of limiting timeouts in the last 2 minutes. spurs called a timeout last night up 4 with like 11 seconds left. after both teams have called back to back timeouts just a few game seconds earlier. was infuriating.

UNT Eagles 2016
03-22-2017, 12:10 PM
it doesn't matter if there's 4 refs or 44 refs, it'll still be the same rigged shit

phxspurfan
03-22-2017, 12:57 PM
Wow, you're even going down here with your stupid threads

unleashbaynes
03-22-2017, 01:15 PM
Not even close to as bad as college bball.

And a lot of this review shit could be solved real quick if refs were simply allowed to look up at the replay on the jumbotron and correct it right then and there. Why don't the pro sports leagues do this?