PDA

View Full Version : Over or Under 62 wins...

apalisoc_9
03-22-2017, 10:32 PM
53-16 with 13 games left.

Some tough games late march and likely nothing to play for in the last 4 games in april with Golden State clinching the first seed.

61-21.

GSH
03-22-2017, 11:39 PM
53-16 with 13 games left.

Some tough games late march and likely nothing to play for in the last 4 games in april with Golden State clinching the first seed.

61-21.

To reach 61-21, the Spurs only have to go 7-5 over the remaining 12 games. That guarantees them the second best record in the league, and home court over everyone except GSW. Other than trying to catch GSW for the best record and the 1 seed, there's no point in trying for better than that. But I would hate to see them go into the playoffs on anything worse than 7-5. I like your prediction: 61-21.

Mikeanaro
03-23-2017, 12:05 AM
I say over, based on the watered down league situation.

Robz4000
03-23-2017, 12:06 AM
54-16 iirc, but under. I have them winning 60 games.

SAGirl
03-23-2017, 12:37 AM
I had them at over 60 b4 the season started and I was called optimistic... most "analysts" had them around the mid 50s . I am happy the way the season has shaken out. Over 61 is very likely.... beyond that.. I will remain optimistic. I take over...

rastaspur
03-23-2017, 11:40 PM

YGWHI
03-24-2017, 02:44 AM
Should Pop rest guys against OKC? If Spurs beat them, the Thunder can fall to the #7 seed again. I wouldn't say they're the most favorable matchup to face in the 1st round... Now is the time to choose Spurs rival in 1st round.

Anyway, 61 sounds about right.

Seventyniner
03-24-2017, 07:15 AM
I'm taking the over.

Arcadian
03-24-2017, 07:32 AM
Push, exactly 62 wins

Fireball
03-24-2017, 07:34 AM
under ... I do not think the 1 seed will be in play and with the separation to Houston I expect plenty of "DNP - rest"'s and thus not enough wins to get over 62

Uriel
03-24-2017, 07:43 AM
Over. 63 wins.

spurs1990
03-24-2017, 09:18 AM
I'd be interested to know the pre season predictions and see who here really believed they'd win 60 games.

I just couldn't envision a 60 win run with the roster turnover and expected a funk from how deflating last year ended.
Kudos to everyone who saw this continuation of 2010s RS dominance.

These last 11 games are pretty daunting, so I'd be happy with 6-5 to get to 61 wins.

Joseph Kony
03-24-2017, 09:22 AM
66-16 tbh

Solid D
03-24-2017, 09:36 AM
62-20 and that's thinking positively because every team they face over the next 11 games has given the Spurs difficulty in past games, except the Lakers.

Solid D
03-24-2017, 09:41 AM
Actually, the Warriors haven't been very difficult to play (vs the Spurs) this season but next week will probably be a different story.

spursistan
03-24-2017, 11:07 PM
The Cavs/Warriors games next week will decide it..

If the Spurs lose another game in the standings to the Warriors by next Wed, Pop will pull the plug on the Top seed and go into rest mode, which will mean a losing streak coming...Outside the Lakers, all of the following games are losable with teams either in playoffs chase or have seeding implications..

Mar 25 vs NY Knicks
Mar 27 vs Cleveland
Mar 29 vs Golden State
Mar 31 @ Oklahoma City
Apr 2 vs Utah
Apr 4 vs Memphis
Apr 5 vs Lakers
Apr 7 @ Dallas
Apr 8 vs Clippers
Apr 10 @ Portland
Apr 12 @ Utah

Play Boban
03-24-2017, 11:18 PM
Under. Poop will throw some games to feed his oversized ego.

spursistan
04-02-2017, 06:35 PM
Bump.

Apr 4 vs Memphis
Apr 5 vs Lakers
Apr 7 @ Dallas
Apr 8 vs Clippers
Apr 10 @ Portland
Apr 12 @ Utah

I think they lose the last two for sure (probably half the team won't travel for that trip).. they will go 3-1 or 2-2 in next four.

apalisoc_9
04-02-2017, 06:53 PM
Bump.

I think they lose the last two for sure (probably half the team won't travel for that trip).. they will go 3-1 or 2-2 in next four.

They win 6

spursistan
04-02-2017, 07:03 PM
They win 63.
Depending on who and how many rest.. Pop is definitely leaving Kawhi/LMA/Manu and maybe Pau/Green in SA for the last two with Utah/Blazers having something to play for..2 Ls most likely..

They would have to go 4-0 next, which I don't see happening..I think they will split DAL/LAC..

Anyway, all things considered, they have overachieved this regular season in terms of wins..they've pulled out like 6-7 out of their asses, which has canceled out few shitty losses (Suns, Knicks, Bucks, Magic..) that happens every year but the last one..

spursistan
04-02-2017, 10:17 PM
Two 60-win teams failing to reach the conference finals in two consecutive seasons would be quite a disappointment (a first?). Spurs have to be under pressure in some form..

This is pivotal postseason in as far as establishing the team as the only legitimate conference rival to the Warriors-- if only for future free agency selling points.. they need get a crack at Golden State in close-ish series..

apalisoc_9
04-13-2017, 07:48 PM
I am right..again.

DPG21920
04-13-2017, 09:10 PM
I am right..again.

The funny thing is SA actually played their guys more than anticipated and still lost the last 3.

apalisoc_9
04-13-2017, 09:20 PM
The funny thing is SA actually played their guys more than anticipated and still lost the last 3.

Yeah but I was speaking more in terms of intensity and motivation.

offset formation
04-13-2017, 10:31 PM
I am right..again.

Kind of like how your sources told you that Tony and Patty were going to rest and Murray was going to play the last game at Utah? That right, again?

Dumbass.

Uriel
04-13-2017, 11:44 PM
Please. The only reason under happened is because Pop didn't take the last 5 or so games seriously.

apalisoc_9
04-13-2017, 11:47 PM
Please. The only reason under happened is because Pop didn't take the last 5 or so games seriously.

Of course. That's stated in the op. Everyone knew that was going to happen.

SAGirl
04-13-2017, 11:50 PM
I trusted Kyle to salvage some of those games that Pop decided to throw away and thus was positive on 62+, but frankly though he tried, a comedy of errors involving others ruined at least two perfectly winnable games that were within reach late in the game precisely due to Kyle's play, whether bc of Bryn Forbes, Simmons or Dedmon, etc.

Frankly of the garbage time guys, only Kyle and Bertans played well. (Simmons epic dunk in the Blazers game notwithstanding, that was the only good thing he did the entire quarter in that game, he fumbled a pass, defended PnR in horrendous fashion, TO the ball twice on a fast break, etc. dude doesn't have BBIQ, Dedmon ended the season playing horribly bad with his own share of TO and bad decisions, and Murray was just too green to do anything well on defense against Utah. Bryn Forbes is right now unplayable).

C'est la vie.

GSH
04-14-2017, 12:34 AM
I trusted Kyle to salvage some of those games that Pop decided to throw away and thus was positive on 62+, but frankly though he tried, a comedy of errors involving others ruined at least two perfectly winnable games that were within reach late in the game precisely due to Kyle's play, whether bc of Bryn Forbes, Simmons or Dedmon, etc.

Frankly of the garbage time guys, only Kyle and Bertans played well. (Simmons epic dunk in the Blazers game notwithstanding, that was the only good thing he did the entire quarter in that game, he fumbled a pass, defended PnR in horrendous fashion, TO the ball twice on a fast break, etc. dude doesn't have BBIQ, Dedmon ended the season playing horribly bad with his own share of TO and bad decisions, and Murray was just too green to do anything well on defense against Utah. Bryn Forbes is right now unplayable).

C'est la vie.

Kyle salvaged games all season. Without him, this would be a 40-win team, at best. You can't blame him when his heroics aren't enough to overcome the shortcomings of the rest of the scrubs on the roster. C'est la guerre.

SAGirl
04-14-2017, 12:36 AM
Kyle salvaged games all season. Without him, this would be a 40-win team, at best. You can't blame him when his heroics aren't enough to overcome the shortcomings of the rest of the scrubs on the roster. C'est la guerre.
:toast
sense of humor my friend. :lol
appreciated.

dabom
04-14-2017, 12:36 AM

She's gotten better at being realistic this year with kyle but it was pretty funny last year she was talking about how kyle was a contributing factor for the 67 wins. :lol

Arcadian
04-14-2017, 02:04 AM
Damn almost had it, I said 62. I feel like one of those losses was bullshit...oh that's right, I was one "Kyle Anderson grabbing a loose ball" from being right :lol

SAGirl
04-14-2017, 02:21 AM
Damn almost had it, I said 62. I feel like one of those losses was bullshit...oh that's right, I was one "Kyle Anderson grabbing a loose ball" from being right :lol
You ommited the fact that game wouldn't have been close if not for his play in the 4th Q,the fact Simmons TO the ball, the fact he defended a PnR in horrible fashion and that Lee was closer to the loose ball and it was tipped out if his hands by Napier.... or so many other screw ups
I should have mentioned I expected all of them to do better, but I outside of Kyle and Bertans they were all very bad in crunch time.

Arcadian
04-14-2017, 08:01 PM
You ommited the fact that game wouldn't have been close if not for his play in the 4th Q,the fact Simmons TO the ball, the fact he defended a PnR in horrible fashion and that Lee was closer to the loose ball and it was tipped out if his hands by Napier.... or so many other screw ups
I should have mentioned I expected all of them to do better, but I outside of Kyle and Bertans they were all very bad in crunch time.

Yeah whatever. I wasn't shitting on Kyle (nor am I defending him, either). Point is, my prediction should have been perfect if not for a bullshit loss :lol

SAGirl
04-14-2017, 09:38 PM
Yeah whatever. I wasn't shitting on Kyle (nor am I defending him, either). Point is, my prediction should have been perfect if not for a bullshit loss :lol
Agreed. :tu

Spurtacular
04-14-2017, 09:56 PM
I am right..again.

Predicting 7-5 on a lame duck stint. That's cause to stroke yourself off.

apalisoc_9
04-14-2017, 09:58 PM
Wow Racial slurs on Spurs forum. You can edit your post all you want...But let it be known that Spurtacular has admitted that he is a racist.

Wow..Just below humanity.

dabom
04-14-2017, 09:59 PM
Wow Racial slurs on Spurs forum. You can edit your post all you want...But let it be known that Spurtacular has admitted that he is a racist.

Isn't he a mormon? :lol

apalisoc_9
04-14-2017, 10:09 PM
Isn't he a mormon? :lol

He's a white Nationalist first. Like Hitler. He posted once how Happy he was to see all the syrians dying...Apperently he believes all the innoccents deserve to die.

What a bloodthirsty devil. I'm glad as a minority I dont live in the US....next thing I know I am being killed for now reason while the media celebrates.

GSH
04-14-2017, 11:06 PM
I'm glad as a minority I dont live in the US....next thing I know I am being killed for now reason while the media celebrates.

The racist assholes stand out like a sore thumb. When you say stupid shit like that, you just give them cover.

Spurtacular
04-14-2017, 11:30 PM

Just makin' some bull shit up. No edits, dick wipe. This is exactly why I have not a fucking ounce of respect for your sorry ass. You can call me everything in the book including racial slurs and I wouldn't give a fuck. But the fact remains you have no honor. You're a piece of shit and nothing more.