PDA

View Full Version : biga on the banks dining experience review

Trill Clinton
03-23-2017, 04:44 PM
Location: biga is located in downtown san antonio on s. saint mary's st, on the riverwalk. its in an ideal location and in the more "mature" part of the tourist friendly riverwalk.

staff: friendly and accomodating asf. we went right at 7pm and didn't have to wait to be seated. our server, gabriel, was very professional and knew the menu very well. he went above and beyond with his customer service and even poured my girl a complimentary 1/2 glass of wine.

menu: biga describes themselves as a "new american" cuisine. they have a full bar, extensive wine menu and the food options were great. if you get there between 5-6:30pm or after 9pm, they offer a 3 course menue for $39 or 4 course for $47, not bad. i wasn't a fan of the dessert options but i don't have a big sweet tooth.( pics of food below)

drinks: i didn't taste my girls lemon drop but i went with a moscow mule, delicious, and after dinner i went with a cabernet( i can't remember the vineyard)but it was a nice ending to a great dinner.

rating: i give biga a solid 8.5 out of 10 on overall experience. i wasn't a fan of the fingerling potatoes nor the collard greens(they need to leave that to the soul food restaurants) but plate presenation and the execution of the proteins was on point. again, amazing staff and will make this a must stop for all of my out of town guests.

http://i63.tinypic.com/ops6ex.jpg
seared hudson valley foie gras w/ brioche toast, raspberry blueberry compote and cider duck jus (1/2 portion)

http://i64.tinypic.com/zvvdjn.jpg
grilled 130z ribeye w/ fingerling potatoes, green beans, shiner bock onion rings and burgandy demi glaze

http://i66.tinypic.com/rvao1k.jpg
pan roasted mahi mahi, fingerling potatoes, collard greens and i can't remember the puree

lebomb
03-23-2017, 04:49 PM
Took some clients there years ago. Dropped $900 on wine alone. I think the total for everything was $1500 or so. Thank god work paid for it. Anyhow, great food, cool atmosphere.

Trill Clinton
03-23-2017, 04:56 PM
Took some clients there years ago. Dropped $900 on wine alone. I think the total for everything was $1500 or so. Thank god work paid for it. Anyhow, great food, cool atmosphere. bruh, the wine is crazy expensive. i saw a bottle on the menu for like $1400. its a shame i slept on this place. i avoid downtown as much as i can but we had a conference at the marriott so we said fucc it and decided to find something to eat. man they changed so much shit around downtown its crazy.

SpursforSix
03-23-2017, 06:06 PM
bruh, the wine is crazy expensive. i saw a bottle on the menu for like $1400. its a shame i slept on this place. i avoid downtown as much as i can but we had a conference at the marriott so we said fucc it and decided to find something to eat. man they changed so much shit around downtown its crazy.

$1400. Have you seen what the starting PG makes?

RGMCSE
03-23-2017, 10:17 PM
Location: biga is located in downtown san antonio on s. saint mary's st, on the riverwalk. its in an ideal location and in the more "mature" part of the tourist friendly riverwalk.

staff: friendly and accomodating asf. we went right at 7pm and didn't have to wait to be seated. our server, gabriel, was very professional and knew the menu very well. he went above and beyond with his customer service and even poured my girl a complimentary 1/2 glass of wine.

menu: biga describes themselves as a "new american" cuisine. they have a full bar, extensive wine menu and the food options were great. if you get there between 5-6:30pm or after 9pm, they offer a 3 course menue for $39 or 4 course for $47, not bad. i wasn't a fan of the dessert options but i don't have a big sweet tooth.( pics of food below)

drinks: i didn't taste my girls lemon drop but i went with a moscow mule, delicious, and after dinner i went with a cabernet( i can't remember the vineyard)but it was a nice ending to a great dinner.

rating: i give biga a solid 8.5 out of 10 on overall experience. i wasn't a fan of the fingerling potatoes nor the collard greens(they need to leave that to the soul food restaurants) but plate presenation and the execution of the proteins was on point. again, amazing staff and will make this a must stop for all of my out of town guests.

http://i63.tinypic.com/ops6ex.jpg
seared hudson valley foie gras w/ brioche toast, raspberry blueberry compote and cider duck jus (1/2 portion)

http://i64.tinypic.com/zvvdjn.jpg
grilled 130z ribeye w/ fingerling potatoes, green beans, shiner bock onion rings and burgandy demi glaze

http://i66.tinypic.com/rvao1k.jpg
pan roasted mahi mahi, fingerling potatoes, collard greens and i can't remember the puree

You sure those pics aren't from twin peaks with all the tampon juice leaked out in the plates?

DJR210
03-24-2017, 01:34 PM
Moscow mules are the shit.. The ginger and lime covers the vodka perfectly you can get broads drunk af on two of em

Kyle Orton
03-24-2017, 03:58 PM
afro-American Psycho imo

SpursforSix
03-24-2017, 04:02 PM
i wasn't a fan of the fingerling potatoes nor the collard greens(they need to leave that to the soul food restaurants) but plate presenation and the execution of the proteins was on point. again, amazing staff and will make this a must stop for all of my out of town guests.

Bend over, I'll fucking show you execution of the proteins. And make you appreciate fingerling potatoes.

DPG21920
03-24-2017, 05:19 PM
I really haven't dined on the Riverwalk in a while but this sounds good. Im pretty sure I've been before, but honestly don't remember. I've been spending most of my time at places in Pearl when I come into SA either to eat or go out.

DPG21920
03-24-2017, 05:25 PM
Not to hijack the thread away from Biga, but has anyone been to Shuck Shack? I love that place. Go almost every time I'm in SA now to get a few beers and some oysters/apps.

Trill Clinton
03-24-2017, 06:41 PM
afro-American Psycho imo

http://i66.tinypic.com/20hv72v.png

Bend over, I'll fucking show you execution of the proteins. And make you appreciate fingerling potatoes.

pause

I really haven't dined on the Riverwalk in a while but this sounds good. Im pretty sure I've been before, but honestly don't remember. I've been spending most of my time at places in Pearl when I come into SA either to eat or go out.

yea the pearl is cool. i like down on grayson.

Trill Clinton
03-24-2017, 06:42 PM
Moscow mules are the shit.. The ginger and lime covers the vodka perfectly you can get broads drunk af on two of em hell yea.

BD24
03-24-2017, 11:47 PM
Been wanting to try this place for awhile now. Will have to give it a go sometime.

Th'Pusher
03-25-2017, 08:18 AM
Not to hijack the thread away from Biga, but has anyone been to Shuck Shack? I love that place. Go almost every time I'm in SA now to get a few beers and some oysters/apps.

Yes. Only place I know of in SA where you can get good east coast (non gulf) oysters.

Holger Geschwindner
03-26-2017, 02:04 PM
Scheint wie eine typische Mahlzeit für fette Amerikaner. Ich würde lieber ein gutes Schnitzel mit einem Riesling essen und einen leckeren Strudel zum Dessert haben. Sie Amerikaner essen so übertriebene Mahlzeiten, deshalb haben Sie die sub-optimalen Fett Körper, die nicht gut für immer uber-Korbmacher sind.

johnsmith
03-28-2017, 07:43 AM
I was in SA the other day and went to Cured....cool place but probably the most over rated shit I've had in a while.

Trill Clinton
03-28-2017, 09:29 AM
I was in SA the other day and went to Cured....cool place but probably the most over rated shit I've had in a while. yup. i went there for a birthday party and i didn't care for it either.

DisAsTerBot
03-28-2017, 12:15 PM
Scheint wie eine typische Mahlzeit für fette Amerikaner. Ich würde lieber ein gutes Schnitzel mit einem Riesling essen und einen leckeren Strudel zum Dessert haben. Sie Amerikaner essen so übertriebene Mahlzeiten, deshalb haben Sie die sub-optimalen Fett Körper, die nicht gut für immer uber-Korbmacher sind.

You should really start following these up with one of your alts laughing at your post so it at least looks like someone gives a fuck tbh imho

SpursforSix
03-28-2017, 02:52 PM

:lol :toast :downspin:

SpursforSix
03-28-2017, 02:54 PM
You should really start following these up with one of your alts laughing at your post so it at least looks like someone gives a fuck tbh imho

But yeah...it's a terrible idea. People here are too lazy to even Google an Avante list. Much less Google translate. Although I guess that would be easier than corroborating a track and field list. But either way, it's too much work for too little payoff.

I. Hustle
03-28-2017, 04:02 PM

OOOHHHHHHH I read that wrong. I thought he was going off on a tangent and started talking about how he didn't like fingering potatoes. I didn't see what anyone would get out of that but I didn't want to make him feel bad for trying. Especially since he said he didn't like it.

I. Hustle
03-28-2017, 04:11 PM

Yes. Only place I know of in SA where you can get good east coast (non gulf) oysters.

No Shiite? I'm going to have to take the missus there? I haven't found a place here in SA that has really good oysters. We love Acme in New Orleans and a little hole in the wall in Orlando called Clermont Oyster Bar.

This place doesn't happen to have chicks with big boobs and short shorts serving the food does it? Because you know, that's the only type of place that I like.

SpursforSix
03-28-2017, 04:39 PM
No Shiite? I'm going to have to take the missus there? I haven't found a place here in SA that has really good oysters. We love Acme in New Orleans and a little hole in the wall in Orlando called Clermont Oyster Bar.

This place doesn't happen to have chicks with big boobs and short shorts serving the food does it? Because you know, that's the only type of place that I like.

I'm not sure you could afford it but if you ever want to go upscale, Pappadeaux's has good oysters. I hear you on wanting some ho's to serve you the food.
Here's what you do....you go to Backpage.com and pay for a few chicks to come out and meet you and your lady for dinner. And they don't have to have sex with you. You just pay them to take the food from the waitress and deliver it to you table.
Maybe go up to the bar and grab some drinks for you. Easy peasy.

I. Hustle
03-28-2017, 04:54 PM
I'm not sure you could afford it but if you ever want to go upscale, Pappadeaux's has good oysters. I hear you on wanting some ho's to serve you the food.
Here's what you do....you go to Backpage.com and pay for a few chicks to come out and meet you and your lady for dinner. And they don't have to have sex with you. You just pay them to take the food from the waitress and deliver it to you table.
Maybe go up to the bar and grab some drinks for you. Easy peasy.

I love Pappadeaux. That's actually a really good idea. Backpage, you say? It's a Louisiana place, right? Maybe I can make some outfits of beads for them. I've never visited backpage. Would it be better than Craigslist? Are we talking bullet holes? Meth teeth? Both? I'd rather have neither but could work around the bullet holes.

DPG21920
03-28-2017, 05:04 PM

I would. Its a really chill place with mostly outside seating. Small menu, but oysters are really good and sitting at the oyster bar is dope because the guys working it are cool. Pretty reasonably priced too (IMO). Usually like $2-$3 an oyster (no Gulf).

The other stuff is really good too (steamed artichoke, smoked trout dip, hush puppies,). Great place for apps like oysters and beers.

SpursforSix
03-28-2017, 05:13 PM
I love Pappadeaux. That's actually a really good idea. Backpage, you say? It's a Louisiana place, right? Maybe I can make some outfits of beads for them. I've never visited backpage. Would it be better than Craigslist? Are we talking bullet holes? Meth teeth? Both? I'd rather have neither but could work around the bullet holes.

Yeah...Backpage. A few years ago, we were looking for a baby sitter and found a chick that said she was going through school and would do anything for some money. She said she'd even do Greek. Our kid was pretty young but we thought that it'd be good exposure so we paid for her to do that as well. We were concerned when we first met her because honestly, she wasn't very eloquent. Not for someone "experienced in Greek". Her exact words. Anyway, it seemed expensive but I suppose it was worth it. We had a nice date night and our kid seemed pretty happy when we got back. But anyway...the babysitter seemed hardworking and willing to please. I'm sure she'd be more than happy to serve oysters for a few bucks.

I. Hustle
03-28-2017, 05:13 PM
I would. Its a really chill place with mostly outside seating. Small menu, but oysters are really good and sitting at the oyster bar is dope because the guys working it are cool. Pretty reasonably priced too (IMO). Usually like $2-$3 an oyster (no Gulf).

The other stuff is really good too (steamed artichoke, smoked trout dip, hush puppies,). Great place for apps like oysters and beers.

Oh snap! That sounds good as hell. Do they steam the oysters too or just raw? I like Acme for their Rockefeller but I like Clermont because they will steam them as little or as much as you want. Don't get me wrong, I'll raw dog them bitches too.

SpursforSix
03-28-2017, 05:17 PM

For real though...the Pappadeaux around here have pretty good oysters.

DPG21920
03-28-2017, 06:11 PM
Oh snap! That sounds good as hell. Do they steam the oysters too or just raw? I like Acme for their Rockefeller but I like Clermont because they will steam them as little or as much as you want. Don't get me wrong, I'll raw dog them bitches too.

I think they do the Rockefeller oysters but don't know about any steam. Plus when in season, they do legit crawfish boils too. They a "main" menu so you can get a full meal (fish and chips, lobster rolls, etc) but we mainly just go to get apps and drinks.

Th'Pusher
03-28-2017, 07:53 PM

The lobster roll is solid as well.

Holger Geschwindner
03-31-2017, 11:21 AM
Deine Mutter ist eine Hure.

Holger Geschwindner
03-31-2017, 11:24 AM
But yeah...it's a terrible idea. People here are too lazy to even Google an Avante list. Much less Google translate. Although I guess that would be easier than corroborating a track and field list. But either way, it's too much work for too little payoff.
Nun sind Sie Amerikaner alle faul, fette Scheiße. Es ist keine Überraschung, dass du nicht die Energie in deinen Soße Wurstfinger hast, um ein paar Knöpfe zu drücken. Jeden Abend bete ich zu Hitler Jesus für einen anderen Holocaust.

I. Hustle
03-31-2017, 12:36 PM
Nun sind Sie Amerikaner alle faul, fette Scheiße. Es ist keine Überraschung, dass du nicht die Energie in deinen Soße Wurstfinger hast, um ein paar Knöpfe zu drücken. Jeden Abend bete ich zu Hitler Jesus für einen anderen Holocaust.

Bitches hiding behind the computer. Say that shit to his face!

johnsmith
03-31-2017, 09:33 PM
For real though...the Pappadeaux around here have pretty good oysters.

If you're ever in a Austin go to Deckhand....order the La Fronterra Oysters and the Tokyo showdown.....they will not disappoint.

There's one one round rock too

I. Hustle
04-03-2017, 01:55 PM
If you're ever in a Austin go to Deckhand....order the La Fronterra Oysters and the Tokyo showdown.....they will not disappoint.

There's one one round rock too

Tell me more

johnsmith
04-16-2017, 02:28 AM
Tell me more

What would you like to know? It's a Vietnamese/Thai seafood place. Very creative menu. I recommend the salmon wrap if you like sushi grade salmon, or the calamari salad if you want something unique with a kick (hard to call it a salad but that's what the menu says). Then they have all the fried stuff, which is good if you're into that...as well as etoufee and other Cajun dishes. Their Crawfish is phenomenal and quite unique as well.

Round Rock location is better though which is a touch disappointing because I live down south.

I. Hustle
04-17-2017, 08:27 AM
What would you like to know? It's a Vietnamese/Thai seafood place. Very creative menu. I recommend the salmon wrap if you like sushi grade salmon, or the calamari salad if you want something unique with a kick (hard to call it a salad but that's what the menu says). Then they have all the fried stuff, which is good if you're into that...as well as etoufee and other Cajun dishes. Their Crawfish is phenomenal and quite unique as well.

Round Rock location is better though which is a touch disappointing because I live down south.

So it's a THAI/VIETNAMESE place??!!! I was already planning on going before now I am for sure going! That sounds great. I'm headed to Waco next weekend so I am def going to make a pit stop in Round Rock to try it out.