PDA

View Full Version : Europe: The "Beautiful" Game

midnightpulp
03-23-2017, 05:26 PM
http://oi63.tinypic.com/rszj2t.jpg

apalisoc_9
03-23-2017, 05:36 PM
Unfortunate that one person had to die...

But this pales in comparison to the million of fat american kids who die due to dietetry habits caused by the negative influence of their favourite baseball player.

Imo thats a bigger issue.

whitemamba
03-23-2017, 05:43 PM
damn. At least he didn't eat her, cant say the same for the majority of MLB athletes who look like they ate their competition. The ones who are in shape are on the juice. Once the older generation dies, baseball will soon follow.

midnightpulp
03-23-2017, 05:50 PM
Unfortunate that one person had to die...

But this pales in comparison to the million of fat american kids who die due to dietetry habits caused by the negative influence of their favourite baseball player.

Imo thats a bigger issue.

I've already debunked the fatbal myth. You need to find new trolling material.

This is the biggest American baseball star right now.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/c1/ab/5a/c1ab5a5cc37b3333bf6b65bd45a33b09.jpg

Meanwhile, the biggest poorball star is a tax cheat. Great role model for the kids :tu

whitemamba
03-23-2017, 05:53 PM
I've already debunked the fatbal myth. You need to find new trolling material.

This is the biggest American baseball star right now.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/c1/ab/5a/c1ab5a5cc37b3333bf6b65bd45a33b09.jpg

Meanwhile, the biggest poorball star is a tax cheat. Great role model for the kids :tu

Ronaldo's taxes are legit tbh http://img.inboxcart.com/2016Aug/61/57b59ceb67674b5dfa1efcb1_0_1_1471519982229.jpg

midnightpulp
03-23-2017, 06:02 PM
Ronaldo's taxes are legit tbh http://img.inboxcart.com/2016Aug/61/57b59ceb67674b5dfa1efcb1_0_1_1471519982229.jpg

Messi is still the bigger star.

Maybe I'm wrong, though. I don't follow these twinks like you all do.

Clipper Nation
03-23-2017, 06:12 PM
Sutton GK Wayne Shaw resigns from team after pie-eating gambling controversyLONDON (AP) — A backup goalkeeper paid the price for eating a meat pie during his team's landmark game against Arsenal, resigning from Sutton United as authorities launched investigations into the apparent betting stunt.
A British newspaper's betting company, which sponsored Sutton United for Monday's FA Cup game, had 8-1 odds that overweight reserve goalkeeper Wayne Shaw would eat a meat pie.
After Sutton used all of its substitutions and there was no chance Shaw would appear in the 2-0 loss to Arsenal, he munched on the pie while sitting on the bench.
"Wayne has offered his resignation to the chairman this afternoon and that has been accepted," Sutton manager Paul Doswell told Sky News. "It's a very sad end to what was a very good story."

http://www.si.com/planet-futbol/2017/02/20/sutton-united-goalkeeper-wayne-shaw-eating-arsenal

http://i.imgur.com/mqkfiI8.jpg

:lmao Fatball

midnightpulp
03-23-2017, 06:13 PM
Sutton GK Wayne Shaw resigns from team after pie-eating gambling controversyLONDON (AP) — A backup goalkeeper paid the price for eating a meat pie during his team's landmark game against Arsenal, resigning from Sutton United as authorities launched investigations into the apparent betting stunt.
A British newspaper's betting company, which sponsored Sutton United for Monday's FA Cup game, had 8-1 odds that overweight reserve goalkeeper Wayne Shaw would eat a meat pie.
After Sutton used all of its substitutions and there was no chance Shaw would appear in the 2-0 loss to Arsenal, he munched on the pie while sitting on the bench.
"Wayne has offered his resignation to the chairman this afternoon and that has been accepted," Sutton manager Paul Doswell told Sky News. "It's a very sad end to what was a very good story."

http://www.si.com/planet-futbol/2017/02/20/sutton-united-goalkeeper-wayne-shaw-eating-arsenal

:lmao Fatball

:lmao

Don't blame him, though. He has to find some way to keep himself entertained while watching a bunch of light jogging punctuated by a 0-0 tie.

midnightpulp
03-23-2017, 06:18 PM
And

Wayne has become this global superstar on the back of being 23 stone (322 pounds),"

:wow

:lmao

Even the fat baseball players don't tip that scale, and they're usually 6'3" and over.

FkLA
03-23-2017, 07:10 PM
Clearly a publicity stunt by a lower division club. Meanwhile in MLF you have guys like Fatolo Colon being part of a starting pitcher rotation while being not only a fat fuck but also being 40+ years old. If that doesn't epitomize what a slow paced, unathletic sport fatball is I idk what does, tbh. :lol

FkLA
03-23-2017, 07:14 PM
As far as the OP, I knew mid would pounce on the story as soon as I heard about it. Don't blame him though. Pretty despicable that someone signed him up. Shows how little life is valued in the slums of Brazil, tbh.

midnightpulp
03-23-2017, 07:19 PM
Clearly a publicity stunt by a lower division club. Meanwhile in MLF you have guys like Fatolo Colon being part of a starting pitcher rotation while being not only a fat fuck but also being 40+ years old. If that doesn't epitomize what a slow paced, unathletic sport fatball is I idk what does, tbh. :lol

So Obeseball is an unathletic game since half the roster are 370lb fatasses that just play sumo with each other?

I played noseguard (at an undersized 170lb) in high school, as I've said. There is absolutely nothing physically demanding about the line aside from worrying about a fatass falling on top of you. Your job is to basically clog holes and redirect running backs to your linebackers or defensive ends. The most "athletic" thing you might do is a swim move to get penetration and hopefully pressure/sack the QB or trip up an RB for a backfield loss.

Pitching is exponentially more difficult than any line position in Obeseball. You never played these sports growing up, so I understand your confusion.

FkLA
03-23-2017, 07:35 PM
So Obeseball is an unathletic game since half the roster are 370lb fatasses that just play sumo with each other?

I played noseguard (at an undersized 170lb) in high school, as I've said. There is absolutely nothing physically demanding about the line aside from worrying about a fatass falling on top of you. Your job is to basically clog holes and redirect running backs to your linebackers or defensive ends. The most "athletic" thing you might do is a swim move to get penetration and hopefully pressure/sack the QB or trip up an RB for a backfield loss.

Pitching is exponentially more difficult than any line position in Obeseball. You never played these sports growing up, so I understand your confusion.

:lol If line play was a part of fatball you'd be talking pounds of force, angles, and the complex strategy behind plugging up holes & maintaining containment to describe it.

But not really sure what any of what you wrote has to do with the fact that Fatolo Colon is an obese, 40+ year old starting pitcher, tbh.

midnightpulp
03-23-2017, 07:41 PM
:lol If line play was a part of fatball you'd be talking pounds of force, angles, and the strategy behind plugging up holes & maintaining containment to describe it.

But not really sure what any of what you wrote has to do with the fact that Fatolo Colon is an obese, 40+ year old starting pitcher, tbh.

The point is the two sports have specialized positions that don't necessarily require lean, shredded, and fast athletes to play effectively, that are based more on skill and knowledge than athleticism. Yet no criticism toward Obeseball in this regard. Shows your bias.

DMC
03-23-2017, 10:06 PM
New shtick is gathering dingleberries. More every day.

Someone do something original.

spurraider21
03-23-2017, 10:22 PM
:lmao 180 pound nose guard

spurraider21
03-23-2017, 10:22 PM
New shtick is gathering dingleberries. More every day.

Someone do something original.:lol "new"... sure

Clipper Nation
03-23-2017, 10:26 PM
This is the face of your "sport," tbh - own up to it and accept it:

midnightpulp
03-23-2017, 10:34 PM
:lmao 180 pound nose guard

This was over 20 years ago, Philo. My high school also wasn't in a top CIF Division with powers like Mater Dei, Bishop Amat, etc.

I was matching up against players about 220-230. A lot of modern HS nose guard prospects come in at around 250lb.

Point is, half a football team is made up of fat lineman, so by your logic is less of an athletic game than baseball because obese people can play it.

"But, but lineman are so strong and fast for how fat they are!"

I'm telling you it's not an athletically demanding position. You do little else but clog gaps and play sumo with your matchup. You can have a few "athletic" moments when you jump and knockdown a pass or chase down a QB (which most of these fatasses can't), but it's mostly just pushing each other around. Boring fucking position.

midnightpulp
03-23-2017, 10:39 PM
Philo Philo'ing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MibExyIgi9M

A lot of the shit you guys spout about the sports we debate just proves you've never played them.

spurraider21
03-23-2017, 10:48 PM
im sure theres a lot of fat unathletic fucks in mid-low tier high school sports :lol

midnightpulp
03-23-2017, 10:52 PM
im sure theres a lot of fat unathletic fucks in mid-low tier high school sports :lol

NFL lineman aren't athletic when you compare them to normal sized athletes. They would lose pretty much every event in a decathlon against a 200lb athlete aside from shotput.

"But they're athletic for their size!"

So is Prince Fielder, so is Pablo Sandoval, so is David Ortiz.

spurraider21
03-23-2017, 10:54 PM
im not calling o-linemen top tier athletes :lol

but saying there are 180 pound nose guards in mid-low tier high school isn't indicative of the sport at large, we're obviously comparing them at their highest levels

midnightpulp
03-23-2017, 11:04 PM
im not calling o-linemen top tier athletes :lol

but saying there are 180 pound nose guards in mid-low tier high school isn't indicative of the sport at large, we're obviously comparing them at their highest levels

I wasn't trying to indicate anything. I was describing the athletic demands of the position, and it's the same thing from high school to the pros. Clog holes to force the running back to the outside, into your LBs or DEs. Get your hands up during a pass play to hopefully deflect a pass. Try to beat your man (using a swim, submarine, etc move) and get backfield penetration to hopefully flush/sack/pressure the QB or trip up a run.

You rarely have to sprint, jump high, juke, run and jump, catch, throw, lateral while playing the position. I'm not saying it requires zero athleticism (you have to be strong and decently quick, of course), but it's one of the least athletically demanding positions in all of sports. Pitching is categorically harder.

DMC
03-23-2017, 11:53 PM
:lol "new"... sure

I'm saying there's a new shtick out there just gathering dingleberries. Someone find it and roll it out.

spurraider21
03-24-2017, 12:05 AM
I wasn't trying to indicate anything. I was describing the athletic demands of the position, and it's the same thing from high school to the pros. Clog holes to force the running back to the outside, into your LBs or DEs. Get your hands up during a pass play to hopefully deflect a pass. Try to beat your man (using a swim, submarine, etc move) and get backfield penetration to hopefully flush/sack/pressure the QB or trip up a run.

You rarely have to sprint, jump high, juke, run and jump, catch, throw, lateral while playing the position. I'm not saying it requires zero athleticism (you have to be strong and decently quick, of course), but it's one of the least athletically demanding positions in all of sports. Pitching is categorically harder.that's like saying being an NBA big doesn't require athletic ability because in some shit tier high school there's a fat 6'4 kid who can't move who dominates the paint

midnightpulp
03-24-2017, 01:09 AM
that's like saying being an NBA big doesn't require athletic ability because in some shit tier high school there's a fat 6'4 kid who can't move who dominates the paint

Philo still missing the point.

I'll simplify it:

"When these guy can play your sport, you know your sport isn't really all that athletically demanding."

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2009/1130/nfl_g_hampton-wilfork_bipanel_576.jpg

I can cherry pick just like you cherry pick Colon.

DAF86
03-24-2017, 01:25 AM

Dude...

1) biggest footboller= Messi. Everybodybody knows this.

2) https://www.google.com.ar/amp/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/38191470

Anyway, lol at anyone that thinks any millionaire (or any person for that matter) has never evaded taxes.

spurraider21
03-24-2017, 01:27 AM
Philo still missing the point.

I'll simplify it:

"When these guy can play your sport, you know your sport isn't really all that athletically demanding."

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2009/1130/nfl_g_hampton-wilfork_bipanel_576.jpg

I can cherry pick just like you cherry pick Colon.that's not true. it's not like a physically fit 250 pound guy can do their job. otherwise we'd see 250 pound nose tackles. in recent history, the smallest successful nose tackle in the NFL i can remember was jay ratliff for the cowboys and he still weighed over 300 and didn't even play as a traditional 2 gapper

o-linemen have gotten bigger and stronger while maintaining lateral mobility. gene upshaw is a hall of fame guard who weighed 260 pounds. he'd get mauled by most started d-tackles today if he tried to play at that weight.

midnightpulp
03-24-2017, 01:33 AM
that's not true. it's not like a physically fit 250 pound guy can do their job. otherwise we'd see 250 pound nose tackles. in recent history, the smallest successful nose tackle in the NFL i can remember was jay ratliff for the cowboys and he still weighed over 300 and didn't even play as a traditional 2 gapper

o-linemen have gotten bigger and stronger while maintaining lateral mobility. gene upshaw is a hall of fame guard who weighed 260 pounds. he'd get mauled by most started d-tackles today if he tried to play at that weight.

Still missing the point.

Final point: Fat=/=unathletic.

I'm just playing the game you all play by cherry picking fat players as if it's evidence of anything. It's even more retarded to do it in sports where there's more specialized positions. I mean, Tom Brady ran a 5.28 40 (terrible time) at the combine, scouted as having weak arm strength (which he does compared to historical standards of the position), poor mobility (also scouted), and has a "dad bod." Yet he's the greatest football player ever.

So does Tom Brady being the GOAT invalidate football as an "athletic game?"

spurraider21
03-24-2017, 01:49 AM
Still missing the point.

Final point: Fat=/=unathletic.

I'm just playing the game you all play by cherry picking fat players as if it's evidence of anything. It's even more retarded to do it in sports where there's more specialized positions. I mean, Tom Brady ran a 5.28 40 (terrible time) at the combine, scouted as having weak arm strength (which he does compared to historical standards of the position), poor mobility (also scouted), and has a "dad bod." Yet he's the greatest football player ever.

So does Tom Brady being the GOAT invalidate football as an "athletic game?"no, but quarterback is an independently unique position in the NFL (i dont count kickers and punters) where raw athletic ability doesnt have a proportional correlation to success (as long as you have ENOUGH to make the NFL, as in dont be a midget and dont have a total noodle arm). quarterback is a cerebral position above all else, the closest thing in beisbol is the catcher as far as the cerebral aspect.

midnightpulp
03-24-2017, 02:00 AM
no, but quarterback is an independently unique position in the NFL (i dont count kickers and punters) where raw athletic ability doesnt have a proportional correlation to success (as long as you have ENOUGH to make the NFL, as in dont be a midget and dont have a total noodle arm). quarterback is a cerebral position above all else, the closest thing in beisbol is the catcher as far as the cerebral aspect.

You got it now.

spurraider21
03-24-2017, 02:04 AM
You got it now.specifically referred to QB's in that sentence. that doesn't apply everywhere. for linemen, it matters. the best athlete isn't ALWAYS the best player, but the great ones are the ones who blend talent/work ethic with the natural ability you can't, like larry allen was for the cowboys, or how tyron smith IS for the cowboys. as a raider fan, you should watch kelechi osemele maul people. he's a great raw athlete. you rarely have fat gelatinous stiffs who play at a high level. even wilfork who you laughed at made a career out of being a fucking wall who also had good movement.

midnightpulp
03-24-2017, 02:24 AM
specifically referred to QB's in that sentence. that doesn't apply everywhere. for linemen, it matters. the best athlete isn't ALWAYS the best player, but the great ones are the ones who blend talent/work ethic with the natural ability you can't, like larry allen was for the cowboys, or how tyron smith IS for the cowboys. as a raider fan, you should watch kelechi osemele maul people. he's a great raw athlete. you rarely have fat gelatinous stiffs who play at a high level. even wilfork who you laughed at made a career out of being a fucking wall who also had good movement.

Same with baseball. Ortiz was clocking in a 3.72 second time on a stolen base last season, at 40 and with bad feet. He had a lead of about 8-10 feet. Put that in perspective, Ronaldo ran 82 feet in 3.61 seconds in that test I always link. I know lineman are athletic, which is why I'd never cherry pick them. I'm just calling out the "fat guy is good at the sport=not an athletic sport" logic.

Yeah, Osemele is a freak.

DMC
03-24-2017, 08:33 AM
Too many dude gazers ITT