PDA

View Full Version : Movie Review - Straight Outta Compton

SpursforSix
03-24-2017, 03:57 PM
I forgot I watched this until I saw the "If the Spurs were the Eagles" thread.

Good movie. Supposedly they left out some of the more condemning facts. But even if had no idea about NWA and just watched this as a fiction film, I think it'd still be pretty good.

7.5 / rooster

Avante
03-24-2017, 06:42 PM
It was a great example of why blacks get treated like they do by the Cops and the media. They don't know how to act.

rapper....FUCK THE POLICE

later....

same idiot....the cops pick on us young black guys

Well no shit stupid.

Why blacks think shit music is so cool....???? All it does is let everybody know, yep......dumb. And, there have been so many GREAT black recording artists, it's sad to see where it's at today.

The Mills Bros, Sam Cooke, Billie Holliday, The Ink Spots, Ella Fitzgerald, Nat King Cole, Harry Belafonte, Dinah Washington, Lena Horne, Louis Jordan, Ray Charles, Big Joe Turner, Jackie Wilson and on and on and on.........so much talent. Now this shit today, sheesh~~~~~~~~

SpursforSix
03-24-2017, 08:44 PM
It was a great example of why blacks get treated like they do by the Cops and the media. They don't know how to act.

later....

Well no shit stupid.

So you didn't watch the movie. No surprise.

DMX7
03-24-2017, 10:30 PM
It didn't see. It received positive reviews though.

Avante
03-24-2017, 11:41 PM
So you didn't watch the movie. No surprise.

I don't play that silly shit guy, I saw it on this firestick. If you saw it then ya know I'm right. My music thing coupled with my black thing and I'm going to miss it....huh?

Remember when the mom dies? Just to keep you from quizing me like some dummy. How many times was...fuck...said in the movie?

SpursforSix
03-25-2017, 04:46 AM
I don't play that silly shit guy, I saw it on this firestick. If you saw it then ya know I'm right. My music thing coupled with my black thing and I'm going to miss it....huh?

Remember when the mom dies? Just to keep you from quizing me like some dummy. How many times was...fuck...said in the movie?

So you think Fuck the Police proceeded the cops picking on them?

benefactor
03-25-2017, 09:54 AM
Good movie tbh

Avante
03-25-2017, 11:04 AM
So you think Fuck the Police proceeded the cops picking on them?

Of course not but I was talking about rap music in general and the attitude towards authority.

There is no time where I didn't know where my children were suppose to be. No time where just roaming around was ever going on. Wandering the streets.....what? What are kids doing out on the streets? Yep, no dad to keep them in line. Then to be listening to music about violence, fucking, FUCK THE POLICE.....ya think all that has a lot to do with the problems we see in the black world?

Most my black friends never knew their dad and some of them have children they know nothing about.

So to see this UCLA basketballer with a dad totally wrapped up in his life.....he's lucky.

benefactor
03-25-2017, 02:36 PM
:lol...no he's not. His dad is a fucking loudmouth who is riding his sons fame so he can have a camera on him. He'd be better off without him tbh

Avante
03-26-2017, 11:50 PM
:lol...no he's not. His dad is a fucking loudmouth who is riding his sons fame so he can have a camera on him. He'd be better off without him tbh

So as a kid growing up you think it would have been better that the job of raising three boys should have just been on the mom? Dude, then ya wonder why I treat ya like a moron.

You need to read Terrell Owens book and about growing up without a father, then to find out after all those years his dad was living right across the street.

Better off without a dad, did you really say that?

When Mason was a kid I'd hear him hassling his mom about something, the minute I walked in, no more problem. What happens in a black home when the boy gets around 14 with just a mom? A 14 year old boy can handle mom and they both know it, a totally different deal with dad.

benefactor
03-27-2017, 10:47 AM
Yes...he'd be better off without that dude tbh

LaMarcus Bryant
03-27-2017, 11:12 AM
The greatest movie story ever told.

Avante
03-27-2017, 06:07 PM
Yes...he'd be better off without that dude tbh

So put it all on mom , right?

Avante
03-27-2017, 08:10 PM
Who are they trying to reach with this garbage?

Then people wonder why blacks get the shit they do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rpJrQgLluA

That takes....0...talent.

SpursforSix
03-27-2017, 08:52 PM

All in your mom.

Avante
03-27-2017, 08:56 PM
All in your mom.

Why do you play this stupid shit? Dude, stop trying to be a fucking clown, ok? Fake EXPERT, a liar (20.00) and a clown, not a good combo slick.

Avante
03-27-2017, 09:36 PM
In his book SATCHMO, Louis Armstromg talks about growing up in the Storyville area of New Oreans. He talks about how the cops wouldn't even go in there at night. Blacks killing blacks....who cared? Now look at Nigeria and Africa. Do young black boys really need ...FUCK THE POLICE and Gangsta, Gangsta?

Does anyone think anymore?

Not that violence in anything new in musc.....

Cut your throat mama, drink your blood like wine......Pegleg Howell 1926.

benefactor
03-28-2017, 06:27 AM
If dad is some huge fucking faggot like this dude? Sure.

johnsmith
03-28-2017, 07:35 AM

later....

Well no shit stupid.

Why blacks think shit music is so cool....???? All it does is let everybody know, yep......dumb. And, there have been so many GREAT black recording artists, it's sad to see where it's at today.

The Mills Bros, Sam Cooke, Billie Holliday, The Ink Spots, Ella Fitzgerald, Nat King Cole, Harry Belafonte, Dinah Washington, Lena Horne, Louis Jordan, Ray Charles, Big Joe Turner, Jackie Wilson and on and on and on.........so much talent. Now this shit today, sheesh~~~~~~~~

I'm shocked, absolutely stunned, that you didn't understand the point to the movie.

SpursforSix
03-28-2017, 03:07 PM
I'm shocked, absolutely stunned, that you didn't understand the point to the movie.

He didn't watch it. But that being said, you shouldn't be stunned that a sailor who confuses a breastless, hairless, Oriental child with a penis and a hooker is beyond not understanding a movie.

Fabbs
03-28-2017, 03:34 PM
That takes....0...talent.
Avantes got it right.

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1870871381/The_simpsons_ralph_wiggum-1-.pngNWA "I can sing swear words and self aggrandize"

SpursforSix
03-28-2017, 04:23 PM
I'm not a huge rap fan but you can't deny how this song hits you in the face

"Straight outta Compton, crazy motherfucker named Ice Cube"

Hell...if I play that whole album, I feel like I'm oppressed and need to take to the streets.

Fabbs
03-28-2017, 05:26 PM
Hell...if I play that whole album, I feel like I'm oppressed and need to take to the streets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCalKVvCVpU

SpursforSix
03-28-2017, 06:12 PM
p34j0atQdJo

Avante
03-28-2017, 07:59 PM
If dad is some huge fucking faggot like this dude? Sure.

So the kids would have been better off if mom had raised them alone, right?

Avante
03-28-2017, 08:00 PM

Without the shit music we have no movie.

Avante
03-28-2017, 08:03 PM
He didn't watch it. But that being said, you shouldn't be stunned that a sailor who confuses a breastless, hairless, Oriental child with a penis and a hooker is beyond not understanding a movie.

Dude, I saw the movie, ok? You really haven't noticed my thing for black music and the black experience?

How sad was it watching that kid die, well?

I;m going to start ignoring your stupid bullshit about sailors in bars. Talk about being totally clueless, sheesh~~~~~~~~~

Avante
03-28-2017, 09:01 PM
Funny watching how once this angry young men start getting into making movies and doing commercials and making big $$$$$$$$. They ease off on what would piss off sponsers and those who can better their career/$$$$$$$$. Funny how that works.

Cop shoots a black kid who he thought had a gun, it's 2am in the morning. What in the hell is a kid doing out on the streets at 2am? Yes YES he shouldn't have seen shot but...........................

Fabbs
03-28-2017, 09:31 PM
Funny watching how once this angry young men start getting into making movies and doing commercials and making big $$$$$$$$. They ease off on what would piss off sponsers and those who can better their career/$$$$$$$$. Funny how that works.

Cop shoots a black kid who he thought had a gun, it's 2am in the morning. What in the hell is a kid doing out on the streets at 2am? Yes YES he shouldn't have seen shot but...........................
Avante.

He also eased off his signature "I'm smelling a bad fart" look which many a sycophant thought was so streety.
http://www.uptownmagazine.com/files/2012/03/Ice-Cube1.jpg

SpursforSix
03-29-2017, 02:31 AM

Life ain't nothin but bitches and money.

Avante
03-29-2017, 07:29 PM
Avante.

He also eased off his signature "I'm smelling a bad fart" look which many a sycophant thought was so streety.
http://www.uptownmagazine.com/files/2012/03/Ice-Cube1.jpg

Black kids grown up in poverty, nobody around them who knows much. They have no dad. So the world they are in is pretty fucked up. Then once sports/music/hollywood steals them away from that life and they discover....$$$$$$$$$$$$. That will change everything. They are no longer angry, they start to figure out having a bad mouth makes them look stupid. They grow up and realize women are far more than just hoes.

manager....Ford has a big $$$$$$ deal if ya can clean up the profanity.

Avante
03-29-2017, 07:36 PM
Life ain't nothin but bitches and money.

You will spend the majority of your life being over 30, now think just a little bit , ok?

There ya sit at 55, now tell me again about how life ain't nothing but bitches and money.

Avante
03-29-2017, 07:38 PM
A movie like Straight Outta Compton doesn't help things. Shit music about gangsta's and violence towards authority is fucking stupid. Then people wonder why we see the mess we do with blacks and cops.....:rolleyes

SpursforSix
03-29-2017, 10:36 PM
You will spend the majority of your life being over 30, now think just a little bit , ok?

There ya sit at 55, now tell me again about how life ain't nothing but bitches and money.

So for you, life ain't nothing but diapers and children.

Avante
03-29-2017, 10:46 PM
So for you, life ain't nothing but diapers and children.

Life is all about stages.

kid
teenage years
young man
mature adult
experienced

It's how you evolve from one stage to the next. Obviously you did a shit job at it.

LaMarcus Bryant
03-30-2017, 08:38 AM
This movie will move our great country forward and teach young kids how blacks really lived in the late 80s, as well as early 90s.

Bynumite
03-30-2017, 09:29 AM
Didn't care for this or the Biggie movie. Will watch the Tupac movie though. Guy playing Tupac looks decent in the role, also the fact that Pac and Suge aren't involved in the project is enough to make me watch it. Unlike SOC where they had Dr Dre and Ice Cube obviously telling their own version of the events. Dr Dre standing up to blood gang members and shit :lol Plus, Tupac's story is way more interesting and eventful imo.

rjv
03-30-2017, 09:50 AM
NWA, along with public enemy and tupac (and others, of course) took rap to some really great places during the late 80's and early 90's. and now we have drake.

CavsSuperFan
03-30-2017, 10:44 AM
Straight Outta Compton…Wasn’t this released in December of 2015 SpursforSix? Finger on the pulse you are… :lol

In any case I do not know anything about RAP but I felt the movie was very underrated. Several studious Passed because of the script but I think Universal picked it up and made a fortune. It was a GREAT movie regardless if you don’t like rap….

MultiTroll
03-30-2017, 10:55 AM
Unlike SOC where they had Dr Dre and Ice Cube obviously telling their own version of the events. Dr Dre standing up to blood gang members and shit :lol
Self-aggrandizing seemed huge in this movie.

I don't follow NWA as close as you have but the SA vibe seemed so forced.

Avante
03-30-2017, 12:19 PM
This movie will move our great country forward and teach young kids how blacks really lived in the late 80s, as well as early 90s.

Run down black neighborhoods, where violence, drugs, one parent homes and gangs has been going on for decades, nothing new.

In his book SATCHMO, Louis Armstrong talks about growing up in the Storyville region (black) of New Orleans (early 1900's)and how laying in bed at nights as a kid, he'd hear screams and gun shots and fighting. It was so bad the cops didn't even bother with it, it was...."let those jiggaboos wipe each other out".

Cops are simply fed up with dumb black guys making their job harder. They get the situation, they know mom all alone can't handle the kid, and black men refuse to accept the responsibilities of raising their kids. So they are already pissed off.

Avante
03-31-2017, 12:22 AM
SIMON: Mmm-hm. Does that come from his growing up in a place like Storyville, which sounds like one of the most amazing spots on earth, this famous neighborhood in New Orleans?

BERGREEN: Right. I better explain that Storyville was the only legal red-light district in the country. And it flourished at the time that Louis was growing up there. He lived about a block or two away from it. And it flourished until 1917, when the U.S. government shut it down. This meant that he grew up in an environment populated by pimps and gangsters and prostitutes and gamblers and other assorted hangers-on. These were the people he knew and felt comfortable with, and basically loved, throughout his entire life. So I do think that his approach to music was based on entertaining. It was based on performing on the street, where he began performing with a sort of little barber-shop quartet when he was just a kid. I think the pioneering musical quality that he injected into his performances came later when he was making tremendous intuitive leaps by the time he got to Chicago. But there's no question that he was really carrying the style of jazz that was developed in New Orleans at the time he was growing up, although I should add that that music was not called "jazz" at the time. It was just called "music."

cd021
04-03-2017, 08:42 AM
Avante's takes on black people are in line with Trump's tbh.

cd021
04-03-2017, 08:49 AM
NWA, along with public enemy and tupac (and others, of course) took rap to some really great places during the late 80's and early 90's. and now we have drake.

Ice Cube pretty much dominated from 87-92 with Straight Outta Compton, Amerikkka's Most Wanted, Kill at Will, Death Certficate, and the Predator. Think he a big influence on 2pac. I generally focus on '91-96, it's probably the best period of hip hop for me. I don't check for rap anymore unless it's Nas, Jay, Kanye and a handful of others.

Avante
04-03-2017, 07:13 PM
Avante's takes on black people are in line with Trump's tbh.

I grew up around blacks, was in the navy with blacks, have a lot of black friends and have read a lot about the black experience. My best friend Stan is black.

I see things as they really are. Yes most blacks don't read....fact. Yes most black men don't want that family (boring) life. Yes blacks are on the average are better athletes and have that rhythm. And yes on the average more lazy.

rjv
04-04-2017, 04:12 PM
i'm pretty sure even rapists have friends who are women, worked with women, have read about women...

cd021
04-05-2017, 04:44 AM
I grew up around blacks, was in the navy with blacks, have a lot of black friends and have read a lot about the black experience. My best friend Stan is black.

I see things as they really are. Yes most blacks don't read....fact. Yes most black men don't want that family (boring) life. Yes blacks are on the average are better athletes and have that rhythm. And yes on the average more lazy.

What a load of horseshit and :lol at "have a lot of black friends"

benefactor
04-05-2017, 09:57 AM
Judy knows his black friends well tbh

SpursforSix
04-05-2017, 10:01 AM

Judy doesn't like his black friends. She always complains that they give her loose stools. Whatever that means.

Avante
04-05-2017, 08:19 PM

Yep, I have a lot of black friends. We all ran track, played football.

Avante
04-05-2017, 08:20 PM

Then ya wonder why nobody with even half a brain would waste time on a freak like you.

Avante
04-05-2017, 08:21 PM
Judy doesn't like his black friends. She always complains that they give her loose stools. Whatever that means.

Dude, stick to talking tv shows, ok?

Avante
04-05-2017, 08:23 PM
I have read all that Richard Wright, James Baldwin, Ralph Ellison stuff. Sometimes I wonder if somewhere back in the day, hmmmm?