RD2191
03-25-2017, 04:55 PM
So it took your cat..

Spurminator
03-25-2017, 05:23 PM
Sorry man. That does suck.

FkLA
03-25-2017, 06:35 PM
Sorry brah. I would be a mess if that happened to one of my pugs. Did it happen at your house?

spurraider21
03-25-2017, 06:47 PM
yeah. both my dogs stay in the house, but we let them in the backyard to do their business, bark at squirrels, etc.

i wasn't home when it happened, but apparently they were out back barking as usual, until the little guy started screeching. by the time anyone got outside, just saw the other dog standing there barking, and a coyote running away all the way out back, jumping over the fence. never seen coyotes anywhere in the area in broad daylight like that, let alone in a yard. mostly rabbits and such. hadn't even seen a coyote at all for at least a year.

when we let them out at night, we always walk out with them, but daytime in the backyard had never posed any problems until now

FkLA
03-25-2017, 07:42 PM
Damn that sucks man. I feel for ya.

Chinook
03-25-2017, 07:44 PM
Yeah, man. That's horrifying. I'm always so conflicted about coyotes. I hate to see anything bad happen to them, but hate having to be worried when I hear them yipping from a block away at night.

Robz4000
03-25-2017, 07:45 PM
Sorry to hear that my dude.

spurraider21
03-25-2017, 09:23 PM
So it took your cat..basically. fucker was scared of his own shadow

https://i.gyazo.com/e9bb0c721fdbc6de7a3867a0868e52a1.mp4

FkLA
03-25-2017, 09:49 PM
basically. fucker was scared of his own shadow

https://i.gyazo.com/e9bb0c721fdbc6de7a3867a0868e52a1.mp4

:cry

SnakeBoy
03-26-2017, 12:53 AM
That sucks. Sorry to hear man.

We had a mountain lion snatching dogs in my neighborhood a few years back and I hear coyotes yipping nearby almost every night but our dogs are too big for anything to mess with them.

spurraider21
03-26-2017, 12:58 AM
yeah, coyotes wont mess with big dogs, or depending on how hungry they are, even medium sized dogs. they're not looking for a fight. around here they usually eat rabbits and squirrels and shit. but thats why we keep ours indoors. happened within a matter of minutes of letting them out, just dumb luck

Fabbs
03-26-2017, 09:12 AM
yeah, coyotes wont mess with big dogs, or depending on how hungry they are, even medium sized dogs. they're not looking for a fight. around here they usually eat rabbits and squirrels and shit. but thats why we keep ours indoors. happened within a matter of minutes of letting them out, just dumb luck
Usually the only reason coyotes come into town looking for small dogs is because humans have f'd up the coyotes natural environment. :depressed

apalisoc_9
03-26-2017, 11:10 AM
Coyotes are gorgeous animals but eating dogs and cats is just an adaption to their decreasing number of prey. Smaller dogs seem to tlbe the most common target though. I've seen cats aggressivley fight their way out and they dont mess with big dogs.

apalisoc_9
03-26-2017, 11:14 AM
So it took your cat..

A 10lb cat is probably too much for a coyote. Cats in general are far more aggressive.

This reminds me of a common problem in india too. Leopards seem to have developed an appetite for dogs. I saw a video in youtube and that leopard looked smaller than the dog but fucker didnt care. Just attacked the bigger dog and dragged him for his meal.

apalisoc_9
03-26-2017, 11:23 AM
Also why do some American seriously believe their Dogs can take on Wild Animals? :lol

I was having a conversation with a friend and friend and this white boy strongly believes leaving his doberman out in Mountain Lion invested land is ok because he can take kill a mountain lion.

I show him a video of a mountain lion effortlessly butchering a big dog and that nigga still trying to argue otherwise.

It's like that one time americans were arguing 2 pitbulls can take on a lion.

You americans really love your dogs...Maybe a little bit too much :lol

UZER
03-26-2017, 12:38 PM
Also why do some American seriously believe their Dogs can take on Wild Animals? :lol

I was having a conversation with a friend and friend and this white boy strongly believes leaving his doberman out in Mountain Lion invested land is ok because he can take kill a mountain lion.

I show him a video of a mountain lion effortlessly butchering a big dog and that nigga still trying to argue otherwise.

Your average cat can deter dogs 4 times its size. Any dog ain't got shit on even a small mountain lion. Hell even a bobcat could take a big dog if it needed to.

apalisoc_9
03-26-2017, 12:43 PM
Your average cat can deter dogs 4 times its size. Any dog ain't got shit on even a small mountain lion. Hell even a bobcat could take a big dog if it needed to.

I know which is mind-boggling. Any individual who believes otherwise shouldnt own a dog. The only dogs that are known to intimidiate cats are trained hunting dogs that usually hunt in a group of four at least. And those dogs have the support of a Gun. :lol

Capt Bringdown
03-26-2017, 01:13 PM
Condolences.
I live next to a green belt and occasionally I hear a bunch of them yipping and yapping like crazy. They're pack animals, yes?

SpursforSix
03-26-2017, 01:27 PM

The company you keep reflects your own intellect. I don't know anyone who's thought their dog can take on something wild like a mountain lion. If you get into this argument a lot, then you hang around some dumbasses.

chunticakes
03-26-2017, 01:58 PM
The company you keep reflects your own intellect. I don't know anyone who's thought their dog can take on something wild like a mountain lion. If you get into this argument a lot, then you hang around some dumbasses.

Avante's dogs can take on tigers.

spurraider21
03-26-2017, 02:08 PM
cats are obviously better fighters than dogs, but a lot of dumbshit owners de-claw them

pitbulls have incredibly powerful jaws though, and one bite can end another animal anywhere near its own size

SpursforSix
03-26-2017, 02:23 PM
cats are obviously better fighters than dogs, but a lot of dumbshit owners de-claw them

pitbulls have incredibly powerful jaws though, and one bite can end another animal anywhere near its own size

Truly sorry about you dog.

Cats are so much quicker and have the claws (obviously).

Domesticated dogs aren't built to fuck with cats even though they have the ability to kill them every time. But that first claw to the nose and they're done with that shit. If they were wild, their instinct would override that pain and they'd keep going until the cat was dead.

SpursforSix
03-26-2017, 02:26 PM
Avante's dogs can take on tigers.

Avante has gerbils. And the kids in the basement. Somehow Judy reconciles it all. "Avante...it sound like we have hawks in the basement again."

UZER
03-26-2017, 02:50 PM
My sister lost a small dog she had for 12 years the same way. She was devastated.

She let him out with the two dogs just to do their business. Heard barking and a yelp, ran downstairs and outside. There was blood of the grass and up the concrete fence. She said it all happened in 3 minutes.

DJR210
03-26-2017, 09:42 PM
So it took your cat..

:lol fucking possum gutted my Pop's cat.. Slit it's stomach right open with its claws

Avante
03-26-2017, 11:20 PM
When we spend time up the cabin it 's like being at a zoo. Coyotes, bobcats, bear, owls, and....what was that? While my big dog Shady could handle a coyote, noway I'd chance it vs a bobcat, obviously a bear would be on a whole other level. I never bring him up here however. He'd take on an elephant, never seen one up there yet however, ha~~~

No way I'm having a lone small dog, I'e seen hawks attack puppies before. I own a small dog (Judy's) he hangs with Shady or stays in the house.

Sorry about the loss, I love my animals.

There are a a lot of overly aggressive sparrow hawks around here, seen them dive bomb cats and like I mentioned puppies.

Speaking of cats I have seen big tom cats give a dog all he could handle more than once. The dog being the one to run off. Those big dogs the shepherders use to protect the flock from wolves are a load, they can actually kill a wolf.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqVE9qfg7yI

I've never been able to get within 30 feet of a coyore before they bolted. That one must be sick or starving. While ya rarely see more than one I did see four standing out in a field once, weird.

Robz4000
03-27-2017, 01:38 AM
Not that I disagree with the sentiment, but my buddy has a couple Rhodesian Ridgebacks that have taken down several mountain lions in the past. Not one-on-one, but together. Mind you, those two are massive dogs.

SnakeBoy
03-27-2017, 01:48 AM
Get yourself some hounds and go get revenge. Although this sort of thing is probably frowned upon in Cali

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLCSnMZPXdA

spurraider21
03-27-2017, 02:16 AM
yeah, no... i don't really hold it against the coyote. he was doing his thing. i'd never take pleasure in killing it. if i ever saw one in my yard with my other dog around, yeah, i'd protect my dog... but i would never enjoy being the one to harm it.

dont give two shits about insects and whatnot, but i'd feel sympathy looking into a dying coyote's eyes... even if there's no reciprocity

Avante
03-27-2017, 02:26 AM
I could never shoot a deer, how anyone could...??? If I knew of a coyote causing problems, boom~~~~ But to just kill anything for the hell of it, nay~~~~

SnakeBoy
03-27-2017, 03:30 AM
I don't hunt only because I think it's boring but this looks fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAfJG1PMjbY

Trainwreck2100
03-27-2017, 03:44 AM

lasers guided sights and supressors aint really hunting anyway

spurraider21
03-27-2017, 04:31 AM
killing for sport is just something i can't wrap my head around tbh

different strokes

Chucho
03-27-2017, 10:35 AM
Only thing worse than coyotes is the damn road runners that draw them in. You gotta just kills them off, if not, they never stop.

http://www.milleroutdoors.com/hunting/coyote/images/coyote2-hanging1.jpg

Spur|n|Austin
03-27-2017, 12:45 PM
That sucks, sorry man..

We have them come up to the area behind our house all the time. I'm pretty sure my Border Collie would fuck one up, who knows though.

The number of them being spotted and also attacks are on the rise here in Austin.

apalisoc_9
03-27-2017, 02:05 PM
Not that I disagree with the sentiment, but my buddy has a couple Rhodesian Ridgebacks that have taken down several mountain lions in the past. Not one-on-one, but together. Mind you, those two are massive dogs.

Dogs can't kill cats, specially of a mountain lion size. It's hard for me not to call BS because cats have only been killed with dog hunting through human intervention (Guns). There isn't a single recorded incident of dogs, let alone only two to Kill a cat.

Those motherfuckers have thick skin.

When you hunt cats, you intimidate them with multiple dogs and shoot them in the end. That's cat hunting.

apalisoc_9
03-27-2017, 02:07 PM
killing for sport is just something i can't wrap my head around tbh

different strokes

It's the biggest BS ever.

There isn't a statistical data to prove that killing for sport helps in conservation of animals.

spurraider21
03-27-2017, 02:18 PM
It's the biggest BS ever.

There isn't a statistical data to prove that killing for sport helps in conservation of animals.
I'm not talking about that. Just saying I'd never get enjoyment out of it. Even if it was beneficial to the ecosystem I don't think I'd have it in me to kill unless it's defensive. I don't care for insects or fish... But mammals show emotion, feel pain, etc.

There's a "soul" there. Not in the religious or spiritual sense of course. You can look it in the eyes and see what it's feeling.

SpursforSix
03-27-2017, 02:30 PM
I'm not talking about that. Just saying I'd never get enjoyment out of it. Even if it was beneficial to the ecosystem I don't think I'd have it in me to kill unless it's defensive. I don't care for insects or fish... But mammals show emotion, feel pain, etc.

There's a "soul" there. Not in the religious or spiritual sense of course. You can look it in the eyes and see what it's feeling.

Same. Although I have a ton of friends who hunt. Doesn't bother me that they do. I don't think it's immoral or anything. I just personally can't do it. Went on a dove hunt with a bunch of friends and had a blast drinking and eating good food. Wasn't sure what I'd do when it came down to shooting. Ended up just aiming no where near the birds.

spurraider21
03-27-2017, 02:31 PM
Same. Although I have a ton of friends who hunt. Doesn't bother me that they do. I don't think it's immoral or anything. I just personally can't do it. Went on a dove hunt with a bunch of friends and had a blast drinking and eating good food. Wasn't sure what I'd do when it came down to shooting. Ended up just aiming no where near the birds.
Yeah I'm not a vegan or anything like that. Enjoy a good steak, etc. I don't find hunting immoral. I just wouldn't take pleasure in doing it. Killing for sport is different imo. It's just sadistic

SpursforSix
03-27-2017, 03:57 PM
Yeah I'm not a vegan or anything like that. Enjoy a good steak, etc. I don't find hunting immoral. I just wouldn't take pleasure in doing it. Killing for sport is different imo. It's just sadistic

I'm not sure the point you're trying to make. It's not immoral but it's sadistic? Or are you differentiating between those who eat their kills vs. those who just want to shoot something?
I think all of the people I know that hunt actually process and eat their...victims? prey? whatever. And while they do enjoy the sport of hunting, I don't think that enjoyment comes from the death or suffering of the animal. I'm sure I could be
wrong in some cases. But for the most part, these are normal people who don't want the animal to suffer. And essentially, all they're doing is replacing a meal with something they killed. As opposed to something killed for them (most likely in a more inhumane way).

spurraider21
03-27-2017, 04:03 PM
I'm not sure the point you're trying to make. It's not immoral but it's sadistic? Or are you differentiating between those who eat their kills vs. those who just want to shoot something?
I think all of the people I know that hunt actually process and eat their...victims? prey? whatever. And while they do enjoy the sport of hunting, I don't think that enjoyment comes from the death or suffering of the animal. I'm sure I could be
wrong in some cases. But for the most part, these are normal people who don't want the animal to suffer. And essentially, all they're doing is replacing a meal with something they killed. As opposed to something killed for them (most likely in a more inhumane way).
I'm drawing a line between killing them and taking pleasure in killing them. Again, different strokes. Just giving my perspective

SpursforSix
03-27-2017, 04:11 PM
I'm drawing a line between killing them and taking pleasure in killing them. Again, different strokes. Just giving my perspective

Got it. I do believe that for normal hunters, they don't take pleasure in the death of the animal. But more in the accomplishment of accurately shooting something. Just my opinion. That being said, the ones that I know seem to be able to dismiss or completely disregard the fact that they just killed something. But again, they eat what they kills so it's probably an easy reconciliation for them. If they were going to eat meat anyway, why not eat something unprocessed that was killed more humanely.
I guess.

But all the above is totally different than the guys that go hunt animals just to put a head on the wall.

spurraider21
03-27-2017, 04:14 PM
Got it. I do believe that for normal hunters, they don't take pleasure in the death of the animal. But more in the accomplishment of accurately shooting something. Just my opinion. That being said, the ones that I know seem to be able to dismiss or completely disregard the fact that they just killed something. But again, they eat what they kills so it's probably an easy reconciliation for them. If they were going to eat meat anyway, why not eat something unprocessed that was killed more humanely.
I guess.

But all the above is totally different than the guys that go hunt animals just to put a head on the wall.Yeah, certainly wasn't trying to call all hunters sadists :lol

Think we're on the same page

Brazil
03-27-2017, 04:47 PM
sorry to hear that raider... that sucks

RGMCSE
03-27-2017, 06:44 PM

Damn you! I've been watching this shit off and on all day. My favorite are the ones that actually use the meat. I want to do this now. Son of a bitch. Need to go buy Night vision sights, AR15 and suppressor.

FkLA
03-28-2017, 01:30 AM
People that hunt are faggots. Takes a huge kind of faggot to overlook the fact that you are killing something, just so you can pat yourself on the back for taking the perfect shot. It's for personal thrill or gratification not because it's a more humane death for the animal. Only way I give it a pass is if you truly depend on it for survival. I know there's some tribes that still live that way.

UNT Eagles 2016
03-28-2017, 06:31 AM
I could never shoot a deer, how anyone could...??? If I knew of a coyote causing problems, boom~~~~ But to just kill anything for the hell of it, nay~~~~

Venison is pretty damn good if you butcher it right.

UNT Eagles 2016
03-28-2017, 06:34 AM
People that hunt are faggots. Takes a huge kind of faggot to overlook the fact that you are killing something, just so you can pat yourself on the back for taking the perfect shot. It's for personal thrill or gratification not because it's a more humane death for the animal. Only way I give it a pass is if you truly depend on it for survival. I know there's some tribes that still live that way.
How else are you going to get your meat though?

johnsmith
03-28-2017, 07:13 AM
Yeah, certainly wasn't trying to call all hunters sadists :lol

Think we're on the same page

Man I'm sorry bruh....that sucks to lose a dog.

johnsmith
03-28-2017, 07:15 AM
Incidentally, I pulled up on a pit killing a small little dog in our hood just this past weekend. I wanted to beat the pit to death, but then I remembered that I should try to find the owners and beat them to death Instead.

I ended up taking a nap.

RGMCSE
03-28-2017, 08:33 AM
So some of y'all don't see the importance of eradicating the feral hog population while at the same time filling your freezer with a couple 100 lbs of meat? Chops, bacon, filet, ribs, shoulder, not to mention the ground pork and sausage you can grind. I actually have a kitchen aide mixer. Just need the grinder attachment. I could make my own ground meat and specialty sausage links. Damn I'm turning into a red neck as we speak. Seriously looking at rifles right now. Anyone have any suggestions? I would like something light but can hold many rounds per clip with sights and scope drill. I'd like to keep the budget at $800 since I'll be shopping for two.

SpursforSix
03-28-2017, 09:05 AM

So what about someone that goes hunting, kills something, then eats it? Isn't he just substituting one self killed meal for one that was processed through a slaughterhouse? Unless you're a vegan, that's a shitty argument.

Darth_Pelican
03-28-2017, 10:28 AM

So which are you; a vegetarian or a vegan? Or do you believe it's ok for someone else to do the murdering of animals in a controlled, organized environment for your eating pleasure, but scream foul when people go do the animal murdering themselves in the wild for their eating pleasure.

SpursforSix
03-28-2017, 10:30 AM
So some of y'all don't see the importance of eradicating the feral hog population while at the same time filling your freezer with a couple 100 lbs of meat? Chops, bacon, filet, ribs, shoulder, not to mention the ground pork and sausage you can grind. I actually have a kitchen aide mixer. Just need the grinder attachment. I could make my own ground meat and specialty sausage links. Damn I'm turning into a red neck as we speak. Seriously looking at rifles right now. Anyone have any suggestions? I would like something light but can hold many rounds per clip with sights and scope drill. I'd like to keep the budget at $800 since I'll be shopping for two.

The coolest and edgiest gun would be an AR-15.

DisAsTerBot
03-28-2017, 12:12 PM

Seems like a perfect fit tbh

SnakeBoy
03-28-2017, 12:17 PM

So sad hunters are ok?

spurraider21
03-28-2017, 12:38 PM
So sad hunters are ok?
If they take specific pleasure in killing the animal, I'm not a fan. Stuff like trophy hunting, etc. And I know I'm going to get some long story about how trophy hunting helps the environment and stuff. But if the hunter gets a boner when seeing the last breath of an animal I think he's got issues

SnakeBoy
03-28-2017, 01:40 PM
If they take specific pleasure in killing the animal, I'm not a fan. Stuff like trophy hunting, etc. And I know I'm going to get some long story about how trophy hunting helps the environment and stuff. But if the hunter gets a boner when seeing the last breath of an animal I think he's got issues

Do you feel the same way about fishing?

spurraider21
03-28-2017, 02:33 PM

SpursforSix
03-28-2017, 02:40 PM
What about dolphins? They're mammals but when you kill them, they have the same expression as a fish.

spurraider21
03-28-2017, 03:04 PM
What about dolphins? They're mammals but when you kill them, they have the same expression as a fish.
Do they though?

And who the fuck enjoys killing dolphins besides south Park japs

SpursforSix
03-28-2017, 03:54 PM
Do they though?

And who the fuck enjoys killing dolphins besides south Park japs

I don't know. I've never actually killed a dolphin. I was making an assumption.
But from pictures, then seem like they'd have a similar expression to fish.
Which conflicts me anyway. Whenever I go fishing, if we're not doing catch and release...whenever I hook a fish, I'll take it off the hook and quickly beat its head into the side of the boat so I don't have to see it's expression when it dies.

I. Hustle
03-28-2017, 03:56 PM
Ok, so what if I am depressed when I hunt, don't get a boner, get no satisfaction out of it... but I just leave the dead animal where I killed it and then move on to the next one?

Also, is it based on my happiness or just whether or not I get a boner?

RGMCSE
03-28-2017, 04:02 PM

I was thinking something along the lines of a .243 caliber. But I have to do more research.

SpursforSix
03-28-2017, 04:21 PM
I was thinking something along the lines of a .243 caliber. But I have to do more research.

this doesn't make any sense to me

RGMCSE
03-28-2017, 07:06 PM
this doesn't make any sense to me

I know I originally said I wanted something that could fire multi rounds and blah bla blah. But as I continue to shop and read I'm changing what I want.

SpursforSix
03-29-2017, 02:34 AM
I know I originally said I wanted something that could fire multi rounds and blah bla blah. But as I continue to shop and read I'm changing what I want.

I think they make a 243 AR.

pgardn
03-29-2017, 07:33 AM
Got our outdoor cat.

Found a big bunch of fur skin where it pulled The Ming from under the fence.
Im thinking The Ming was trying to escape through that same hole underneath and got pulled back underneath a scratching and clawing.

I will investigate pet deaths so the cause and circumstances are fully known by the family of the deceased.

.G.
03-29-2017, 07:38 AM
Where is the Facebook post fail with the fat bitch talkin bout how she wants a cowboy who's out in the field slinging hay, home cooked meals, Bustin a bronc and some dude tells her that she's a beast? Please help.

pgardn
03-29-2017, 07:40 AM

Of course not.

Mammals first.
Then just vertebrates.
When it then comes to Arthropoda, thus spiders and centipedes, you actually want them dead.
By the time you get to the Cnidaria, the slaughter is senseless, overwhelming and dismissed.

When snake man brushes his teeth he wishes he could hear the millions of bacteria screaming.

DMC
03-29-2017, 09:30 AM
sucks tbh... little shit was 4 years old, didn't weigh more than 10 pounds

Damn. What are you going to eat now?

DMC
03-29-2017, 09:34 AM

A true hunter (incoming fallacy) holds a reverence for the quarry. You don't kill because you enjoy killing, but because it's the natural end to the hunt. It's the hunt you enjoy.

RGMCSE
03-29-2017, 09:52 AM
I think they make a 243 AR.

Well then I'll need to look that up.

spurraider21
03-29-2017, 11:03 AM
A true hunter (incoming fallacy) holds a reverence for the quarry. You don't kill because you enjoy killing, but because it's the natural end to the hunt. It's the hunt you enjoy.
Yeah. I'm not against hunting.

Trill Clinton
03-29-2017, 11:55 AM
Wow, she was a cute pup. Sorry for your loss.

spurraider21
03-29-2017, 12:33 PM
Wow, she was a cute pup. Sorry for your loss.
Thanks. It's a dude though :lol... My 2 dogs were father/son, this one was the son.

Darth_Pelican
03-29-2017, 01:04 PM
Thanks. It's a dude though :lol... My 2 dogs were father/son, this one was the son.

Damn, pretty sad that the son died and I'm sure you're seeing and hearing the sadness from the father.

vy65
03-29-2017, 01:09 PM
You need to get one of these homie

https://retrieverman.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/german-shorthaired-pointer-fox.jpg

spurraider21
03-29-2017, 01:17 PM
Damn, pretty sad that the son died and I'm sure you're seeing and hearing the sadness from the father.
The little guy was way more attached to the dad than the other way around. But yeah he's been much more clingy to us around the house than before. Otherwise he's been fine though, which is encouraging. I think the more time passes he's feeling lonelier though... As if it hadn't really hit him that day. Probably didn't realize it was permanent

SpursforSix
03-29-2017, 01:30 PM
Ok, so what if I am depressed when I hunt, don't get a boner, get no satisfaction out of it... but I just leave the dead animal where I killed it and then move on to the next one?

Also, is it based on my happiness or just whether or not I get a boner?

I'll take the second question first. Happiness is a boner.

Yes, if you leave the dead animal and move on, then it's OK. I'm assuming that you aren't going to stand over it and dab or take a selfie.

spurraider21
03-29-2017, 02:09 PM
Damn. What are you going to eat now?
I usually have a good memory, but can't remember this for the life of me... What was your original basis for the pinoy shtick? Boredom?

DMC
03-29-2017, 04:10 PM
I usually have a good memory, but can't remember this for the life of me... What was your original basis for the pinoy shtick? Boredom?

Who says you have to be Pinoy to eat dog? Are you xenophobic now?

spurraider21
03-29-2017, 04:22 PM
Who says you have to be Pinoy to eat dog? Are you xenophobic now?
Don't be disingenuous.

DMC
03-29-2017, 05:00 PM
Don't be disingenuous.

Do you think the coyote was pinoy too? Jeez you're sensitive.

TSA
03-29-2017, 05:02 PM

You can recognize the importance and benefits of big game trophy hunting and still be against it, much like I am. I only hunt and fish for what I will actually eat. Not a single animal or fish mounted on my wall despite how many I've killed.

To your OP I'm sorry to hear that man, fuck coyotes. I've got about 20 acres of open fields behind my property line and hear them on a nightly basis, along with the death squeals of the rabbits they kill. One of my dogs used to hop my fence every morning and run around in the fields until those bastards got her. Found her just her head in the creek when I got home from work. I'm still tempted to get up early one morning and sit in the creek with by compound bow to get some revenge but haven't got around to it.

Interestingly enough I've seen those same coyotes running around with a domesticated dog from around the neighborhood. Lady says her dog has been doing it for years. He'll disappear for a week running with the coyotes and then just show up back to her house like nothing happened. Go figure.

spurraider21
03-29-2017, 05:17 PM
Do you think the coyote was pinoy too? Jeez you're sensitive.
Sensitive? Regarding my dog, sure. The pinoy shtick, just curious as to its origin tbh

Xevious
03-29-2017, 10:26 PM
Probably shouldn't own an anklebiter in an area inhabited by coyotes tbh

Was my first thought. I've seen a hawk carry off a small dog too. Lapdogs are food out in the country.

HarlemHeat37
03-30-2017, 01:10 AM
Damn, that sucks, condolences..

I've had many run-ins with coyotes in a creek near my house and some train tracks nearby, tbh..there's always at least 2 of them together in the encounters..my dog was stupid enough to make a move towards them once(pre-cancer, he wouldn't stand a chance, nowadays:lol) fortunately they ran off, but I wouldn't have been confident in him winning(he was 120 lbs, but wild >>> domestic in a fight, generally)..

There's a Fisher that has been frequenting my neighborhood lately, though..hopefully my cat doesn't get destroyed:lol

DD
03-30-2017, 11:57 AM
Sorry to hear, dude. I think it's telling that the sentiment in this thread is almost unanimously a sympathetic one. If you had said a relative died you'd probably get a few lol's.

UZER
03-30-2017, 12:18 PM
Sorry to hear, dude. I think it's telling that the sentiment in this thread is almost unanimously a sympathetic one. If you had said a relative died you'd probably get a few lol's.

Harambe all over again.

apalisoc_9
03-30-2017, 12:24 PM
Damn, that sucks, condolences..

I've had many run-ins with coyotes in a creek near my house and some train tracks nearby, tbh..there's always at least 2 of them together in the encounters..my dog was stupid enough to make a move towards them once(pre-cancer, he wouldn't stand a chance, nowadays:lol) fortunately they ran off, but I wouldn't have been confident in him winning(he was 120 lbs, but wild >>> domestic in a fight, generally)..

There's a Fisher that has been frequenting my neighborhood lately, though..hopefully my cat doesn't get destroyed:lol

Fishers and Badgers are two of the most brutal animals out there. Those fuckers kill racoond lile nothing and Racoons can be aggressive.

Only thing your cat has going for him is speed...otherwise, that cat's curiosity is going kill him.

I saw a fisher bully a significantly bigger fox. Its crazy.

phxspurfan
03-31-2017, 12:10 PM
Sorry for your loss man. Yeah My small dog I used to let out in the back yard. Until it got scared shitless when some ducks went in my pool. Now only under supervision does it go outside

And I've seen coyotes walking down the street in my old neighborhood all confident like house cats

I. Hustle
03-31-2017, 01:52 PM
Man, dude. That sucks. Sorry to hear. I know what you are going through though. I had this pet roadrunner that was always being chased by a coyote. That effin coyote was always trying different things to try and catch him and eat him. This coyote used jetpacks, dynamite, machine guns, boulders falling from cliffs, etc. etc.
In the end, I came home one day and my roadrunner committed suicide. I saw his little legs sticking out from underneath an anvil and a note was partially under it. All it said was "beep beep" but those two words cut to the core of me.

RIP my beautiful bird.

Biernutz
04-01-2017, 06:24 AM
Coyotes are bad about going for pets but one of the real threats also to small pets
are hawks and Mexican Eagles. I got a puppy and i would let it out in my backyard
on the deep north side of San Antonio in a subdivision and not a rural acreage.
I let the puppy out to do it's business and a couple of minutes later I walked out the
back door and saw the largest bird ever sitting on the fence looking at the puppy. I waved
my hands and yelled at the bird then it flew off. It was not a buzzard but as larger than one
or bigger. I went online to look up what I saw and it fit the picture of a Mexican Eagle.
They have a range from deep Mexico to around Austin. I now have seen this bird buzzing
my yard now. He fly's over the neighborhood and I see it at least once a week. We also
have hawks flying around also. The have moved into city's now like coyotes because of
easy pickings of peoples pets. I have seen postings on nextdoor neighborhood web site who
have lost their small cats and dogs out of their back yards. One posted a photo of where
a hawk had got their dog and was trying to fly of with it. It had some claw marks all over it.
I would keep a eye out on any pet under about 20 lbs that you let loose in your yard for coyotes,
wild dogs and birds of prey......

RGMCSE
04-01-2017, 03:26 PM
Be on the lookout for short fat Mexicans from the west side too!

https://www.google.com/amp/abc13.com/amp/pets/6-puppies-stolen-from-cypress-home/1815451/

spurraider21
07-18-2017, 11:56 PM
Walking my other dog tonight, encountered a coyote crossing the opposite side of the street (and based on the color/description I don't think it was the same one)... glad I'm moving out of the area in a couple weeks.

Took a couple steps towards it and kept eye contact and the thing backed off and just stood there staring. And all the while holding my dog behind me because he kept trying to run up and try to "play" :lol

I. Hustle
07-19-2017, 12:13 AM
Walking my other dog tonight, encountered a coyote crossing the opposite side of the street (and based on the color/description I don't think it was the same one)... glad I'm moving out of the area in a couple weeks.

Took a couple steps towards it and kept eye contact and the thing backed off and just stood there staring. And all the while holding my dog behind me because he kept trying to run up and try to "play" :lol

I see them in my neighborhood. They seem pretty small though. Sometimes I see posters up saying "Be on the lookout. Coyotes are killing cats in the neighborhood." I usually write LOL cats on it because that's stupid. But if I heard that it got a dog, like yours, I'd be patrolling the streets strapped and ready.

SpursforSix
07-19-2017, 10:28 AM
I see them in my neighborhood. They seem pretty small though. Sometimes I see posters up saying "Be on the lookout. Coyotes are killing cats in the neighborhood." I usually write LOL cats on it because that's stupid. But if I heard that it got a dog, like yours, I'd be patrolling the streets strapped and ready.

:lol

SpursforSix
07-19-2017, 10:29 AM

You should write, "LOL..sorry...it's my dog"

SpursforSix
07-19-2017, 10:30 AM

or, "can I have your cat's corpse?"

Buddy Mignon
07-19-2017, 01:29 PM
sucks tbh... little shit was 4 years old, didn't weigh more than 10 pounds

Lol... fuck your dog. I bet he made a nice little snack.

DMC
07-20-2017, 09:12 AM

Dog kabob, eh Paki?

chunticakes
07-20-2017, 09:13 AM

You must be a fan of Gamatatsu huh? He chooses snacks over lives too.

Fortunately he does care about Naruto's life, as he was ready to rescue him before his older brother Gamakichi talked him out of it.

Buddy Mignon
07-21-2017, 07:09 PM
You dumb ass people love those mangy ass mutts

spurraider21
07-21-2017, 07:24 PM
You dumb ass people love those mangy ass mutts
tough talk, ahmed