PDA

View Full Version : Tax simplification will be a dogfight too...

CosmicCowboy
03-27-2017, 07:52 AM
To keep it revenue neutral for lower/simpler tax brackets they are talking about doing away with the tax deduction of local and state taxes.

Gonna be some serious screaming about that. I know between corporate and personal I pay about 60K a year in property taxes. A decrease of a couple points in tax rate won't replace the deduction.

The ones that will really scream are the high state income tax states like California and New York.

CosmicCowboy
03-27-2017, 07:53 AM
It would be fairer for Texas though since we can't itemize state sales tax.

boutons_deux
03-27-2017, 08:08 AM
Tax simplification is a lying euphemism for "huge tax cuts for BigCorp/1%", just like AHCA was the same lie.

CosmicCowboy
03-27-2017, 08:34 AM
Tax simplification is a lying euphemism for "huge tax cuts for BigCorp/1%", just like AHCA was the same lie.

In that case, fuckin A! Bring it on! :lol

DMX7
03-27-2017, 12:38 PM
I can't believe anyone would think "tax simplification" is actually about simplifying the tax calculating process. People in congress don't give a crap about how easy or difficult it is to do your taxes, they just want you to pay more or less and that's the public relations tested way to say it. You're not going to see any revenue neutral tax changes in this congress unless they are specifically designed to make the poor pay more and the wealthy pay less.

DMC
03-27-2017, 12:41 PM
There won't be real change. There are too many pockets being lined who have enough power to prevent it. We'll continue to build debt and deficit and nothing will change.

Sportcamper
03-27-2017, 01:08 PM
The ones that will really scream are the high state income tax states like California and New York.

The Reagan tax cuts were a joke as far as I am concerned. They took away State Sales tax deductions, credit card and auto loan deductions. Currently an average LA homeowner may pay 8K per year in property tax. If they take that deduction away we are all moving to San Antonio Texas. Yee Haw! I already got my F-150, Stetson and Remington 870! You folks need to build more Trader Joes and Sushi restaurants. We are coming! :lol

DMX7
03-27-2017, 01:27 PM
The Reagan tax cuts were a joke as far as I am concerned. They took away State Sales tax deductions, credit card and auto loan deductions. Currently an average LA homeowner may pay 8K per year in property tax. If they take that deduction away we are all moving to San Antonio Texas. Yee Haw! I already got my F-150, Stetson and Remington 870! You folks need to build more Trader Joes and Sushi restaurants. We are coming! :lol

Where you want to be is Austin but Austin doesn't want you.

DarrinS
03-27-2017, 01:33 PM

You might pay that much in properly taxes here too, if you have a nice house. But, at least you won't have to file a state tax return.

Splits
03-27-2017, 01:57 PM
:lol "tax simplification"
:lol "revenue neutral"

Deficits don't matter if you're a Republican passing tax cuts.

:cry Democrats give away free stuff like healthcare and college tuition :cry
:cry here billionaires, have some free money :cry

boutons_deux
03-27-2017, 02:19 PM
Deficits don’t matter, again: Freedom Caucus leader says tax cuts don’t have to be “revenue neutral”

Remember when Republicans were super concerned about a balanced budget?

http://www.salon.com/2017/03/27/deficits-dont-matter-again-freedom-caucus-leader-says-tax-cuts-dont-have-to-be-revenue-neutral/

... coming from the Freedom Kockus