PDA

View Full Version : Warriors lose, we move up the seedings, Houston loses, Kawhi is one step closer 2 MVP

dabom
03-28-2017, 04:38 PM
:lol

Mister Sinister
03-28-2017, 04:41 PM
I'll take a Dubs loss for preference. All discourse about the 1-seed aside, any GSW loss is an instant feel-good story.

UNT Eagles 2016
03-28-2017, 04:48 PM
I'll take a Dubs loss for preference. All discourse about the 1-seed aside, any GSW loss is an instant feel-good story.

Yes. Dublets lose tonight and we beat them tomorrow night on their B2B, the 1 seed is ours to lose.

TD 21
03-28-2017, 04:50 PM
Neither is true. If the Warriors lose, "we" would be closer in the "seedings" to them, but if the Rockets lose, nothing changes. The most likely MVP outcome will still be: Harden, Westbrook, Leonard, James, Thomas.

As prevalent as advanced stats have become and as much as many claim to value winning and defense, this award is still primarily about narratives and counting stats.

Unfortunately, Leonard probably won't win it until they realize he's been in the mix for a while and decide it's "his turn".

dabom
03-28-2017, 04:52 PM
Kawhi was 2nd last year with zero narrative. It's a little over blown. Wins vs top teams is always the measuring stick. Kawhi has it.

dabom
03-28-2017, 04:52 PM
sig bet if Kawhi beats GSW he gets MVP.

UNT Eagles 2016
03-28-2017, 04:56 PM
Neither is true. If the Warriors lose, "we" would be closer in the "seedings" to them, but if the Rockets lose, nothing changes. The most likely MVP outcome will still be: Harden, Westbrook, Leonard, James, Thomas.

As prevalent as advanced stats have become and as much as many claim to value winning and defense, this award is still primarily about narratives and counting stats.

Unfortunately, Leonard probably won't win it until they realize he's been in the mix for a while and decide it's "his turn".

which is fucking horse manure.

BillMc
03-28-2017, 05:07 PM

GSH
03-28-2017, 05:18 PM
I haven't seen an MVP article or discussion that includes Kawhi in over week, other than here. In fact, the talking heads are mostly putting LeBron in at third now. Like it or not, it's the sportswriters who vote for the award, and they are giving it to Harden or Westbrook. Or to both as Co-MVP's. Harden made a statement today that playing all 82 games should be a factor in the voting. The idea of resting players has become a hot topic lately, too, and the media loves a narrative.

If both Harden and Westbrook just go completely to shit AND Kawhi goes crazy on the way to a Championship? They might give it to him. But short of all that happening, they aren't giving him the award.

Dex
03-28-2017, 05:33 PM
Chasing that 1 seed is a double-edged sword.

If the Spurs win tonight, they have every reason to chase for it.

If they lose, I'd rather they just settle into the 2 spot and take it easy going into the playoffs.

Spur|n|Austin
03-28-2017, 05:42 PM
If we steal the 1 seed (a stretch but still possible) then Kawhi should win the MVP.

It starts with a Warriors loss tonight - Go Rockets Go (gross I need a shower).

FkLA
03-28-2017, 06:07 PM

If they lose, I'd rather they just settle into the 2 spot and take it easy going into the playoffs.

Spurs are off today, brah.

coachmac87
03-28-2017, 06:15 PM
Kawhi has had his moment against Houston...

He's had it against LeBron last night...

He can continue tomorrow and the following game (Curry/Westbrook)

Spurs would be "hottest team in the league with best record"

Kawhi will be in the driver seat...

But regardless off all this seeding > mvp

TheDoctor
03-28-2017, 06:15 PM

Spurs not playing tonite breh.

kaji157
03-28-2017, 06:59 PM
The real question is: will the rockets tank today?
I feel this is the most likely scenario.
If they win today they are just helping us and putting themselves into a position where they could end up facing a fully healthy warriors team.

Strategic
03-28-2017, 07:00 PM
Watched the thunder a couple times recently. Right away noticed Westbrook sagging off his man defensively and cutting in front of his team mates the get a board. Stat padding bitch.

DPG21920
03-28-2017, 07:00 PM
This will be an interesting game. GS playing great - time to see if HOU will give them any issues.

Strategic
03-28-2017, 07:22 PM
Dubs gonna hang 40 in the 1st

Arcadian
03-28-2017, 07:30 PM
Houston fagging it up so far...

Amuseddaysleeper
03-28-2017, 07:31 PM
Spurs will get raped tomorrow. GS getting Durant back for the playoffs will be a cakewalk this year sadly.

Chews
03-28-2017, 07:34 PM
Spurs will get raped tomorrow. GS getting Durant back for the playoffs will be a cakewalk this year sadly.

Dude, cover up, your vagina is showing.

Budkin
03-28-2017, 07:37 PM
Houston getting demolished.

Strategic
03-28-2017, 07:43 PM
At least the Spurs don't play scared against the dubs like the thunder and rockets.

Robz4000
03-28-2017, 07:47 PM
Houston just continues to chuck up bricks from three which result in easy transition buckets for the Dubs since Houston is already a mediocre defense. Too bad the Grizz prolly end up facing the Spurs; they'd beat Houston in a series in 5-6 games.

SPURt
03-28-2017, 07:50 PM
James Harden's beard after tonight:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Q-zXIqGy7yk/UNchpbqTpwI/AAAAAAAAScE/JuOpVFMSMZY/s1600/tumblr_lymqy0H40E1ro206p.png

Spur|n|Austin
03-28-2017, 07:53 PM
^ what the fuck?

Strategic
03-28-2017, 07:56 PM
Harden can barely get his fat ass up for a dunk

cd98
03-28-2017, 08:13 PM
If Harden turns his game around and Rockets win, Sports Writers will declare race over and give MVP to Harden. If he loses, Sportswriters will still give the a MVP to Harden, but will pretend like the race isn't over.

Seventyniner
03-28-2017, 08:14 PM
Watched the thunder a couple times recently. Right away noticed Westbrook sagging off his man defensively and cutting in front of his team mates the get a board. Stat padding bitch.

I want them in the first round if the Spurs can't get the 1 seed. I don't think that team knows how to play winning playoff basketball. A modicum of revenge too.

DPG21920
03-28-2017, 08:16 PM

:lol I love it. I wish we could watch games together

Robz4000
03-28-2017, 08:18 PM
I want them in the first round if the Spurs can't get the 1 seed. I don't think that team knows how to play winning playoff basketball. A modicum of revenge too.

The Thunder bigs will emasculate the Spurs' imo, and their scrubs hit the shots they always miss when they see the Spurs similarly to the Clippers'. If LMA/Gasol act like they're 7 feet tall, Dedmon isn't constantly in foul trouble, and the refs don't call it two different ways like they have in the past, Spurs will win in 5.

cd98
03-28-2017, 08:19 PM
If Durant comes back, league may cancel playoffs and declare GS the champs.

cd98
03-28-2017, 08:21 PM
The Thunder bigs will emasculate the Spurs' imo, and their scrubs hit the shots they always miss when they see the Spurs similarly to the Clippers'. If LMA/Gasol act like they're 7 feet tall, Dedmon isn't constantly in foul trouble, and the refs don't call it two different ways like they have in the past, Spurs will win in 5.

I'm not sure it's just the bigs. I think Billy Donavan outcoaches Pop. Last year the Spurs said the Thunder players knew every play they were running as soon as they started to run it.

FkLA
03-28-2017, 08:21 PM
Is Harden kinda chubby (for a pro athlete) or what? I can't ever decide. He has such a weird body shape for a guy that can do the things he can.

Robz4000
03-28-2017, 08:23 PM
I'm not sure it's just the bigs. I think Billy Donavan outcoaches Pop. Last year the Spurs said the Thunder players knew every play they were running as soon as they started to run it.

That too, but this year the Thunder just don't have the talent/personnel to win unless their bigs absolutely dominate the Spurs' and the refs call games strictly in the Thunder's favor. Unfortunately I can see both happening.

FkLA
03-28-2017, 08:26 PM

Wait, you think coaches constantly churn out new plays? I don't think it's uncommon for teams to more or less know what the other team is running, especially in the playoffs. It's all about execution not innovation.

NASpurs
03-28-2017, 08:33 PM
Donkey went out of the game with an ankle sprain and is in the locker room. Let's see if he comes back.

Seventyniner
03-28-2017, 08:37 PM

Not this. Only Phil Jackson has ever beaten Pop more than once and I don't see Billy Donovan joining that club.

cd98
03-28-2017, 08:37 PM
Wait, you think coaches constantly churn out new plays? I don't think it's uncommon for teams to more or less know what the other team is running, especially in the playoffs. It's all about execution not innovation.

I don't know but one of the Spurs, can't remember which, said Thunder were calling out all their plays as if it was something out of the ordinary.

DPG21920
03-28-2017, 08:39 PM
Let's go HOU! Draymond in the locker room (not sure what happened) but HOU is playing better and making it a game. A loss for GS would be so damn big.

PopTheGOAT
03-28-2017, 08:40 PM
Cmon rockets! (Yuck)

spursistan
03-28-2017, 08:45 PM
At least the Rockets are making it a game..:tu

Robz4000
03-28-2017, 08:48 PM
Raymond back

rastaspur
03-28-2017, 08:49 PM

Hopefully you just jinxed yourself and you get raped on your way home from the tranny bar tonight

mclinejr
03-28-2017, 08:52 PM
Is this the (unofficial) Rockets/Warriors game thread?

Amuseddaysleeper
03-28-2017, 08:58 PM
Hopefully you just jinxed yourself and you get raped on your way home from the tranny bar tonight

I just saw your father there and he says hello

spursistan
03-28-2017, 08:59 PM
Terrible end to the Q for Houston..Don't see them winning this without going nuts from 3PT in 4th....

Amuseddaysleeper
03-28-2017, 09:00 PM
:lol I love it. I wish we could watch games together

:lol :toast

FkLA
03-28-2017, 09:01 PM
Fuckers were raining threes against SA. Harden was like 80% on stepback threes. They're 3/22 today smh.

ace3g
03-28-2017, 09:01 PM
Shots falling for Rockets now

FkLA
03-28-2017, 09:02 PM
DWorst in. Time for HOU to make a run, tbh.

DPG21920
03-28-2017, 09:03 PM
SMH Eric Gordon.

rastaspur
03-28-2017, 09:08 PM
I just saw your father there and he says hello

Sounds like an admission to me. Thanks for the confirmation, abusedtranny

SpursIndonesia
03-28-2017, 09:18 PM
GS win, they keep the first overall seed, Kawhi no shot to win MVP (not good enough stats, not successful in getting the first seed). So plz Houston stop being a faggot at home & beat those shower boys.

FkLA
03-28-2017, 09:27 PM
Beverly > Enrique

Robz4000
03-28-2017, 09:30 PM
Game. Blouses.

Ditty
03-28-2017, 09:31 PM
Well we got to win tomorrow to have a chance at the 1st seed...

I think they sit one of either Green, Thompson or Curry.

Robz4000
03-28-2017, 09:32 PM
Well we got to win tomorrow to have a chance at the 1st seed...

I think they sit one of either Green, Thompson or Curry.

Kerr said they won't rest anyone, which is for the best imo.

Spur|n|Austin
03-28-2017, 09:36 PM
Beverly > Enrique

How so? Curious what you're basing this on. He's 6 years younger, so yeah more spry. More intelligent, better court vision? Tony has experienced more and accomplished more than Beverly ever will so let's not just post shit for shock value here.

PopTheGOAT
03-28-2017, 09:37 PM
Rockets defense is complete shit lmao

spursistan
03-28-2017, 09:52 PM
Rockets don't have the defense to hang with Golden Sate..I think they would win one game in series, and that's about it..

Ice009
03-28-2017, 09:57 PM
Darn, I was hoping the Rockets would win this one at home. What a pathetic performance. They freaking drain threes against weaker teams and also seem to hit them against the Spurs, but then against the Warriors, they can barely make one in the first half.

cd98
03-28-2017, 11:19 PM
Yeah, I guess why rest players after a Rockets match up. It's not like they were playing physical defense.

peacemaker885
03-28-2017, 11:32 PM
GS has all the confidence in the world. Hard to beat that.

DAF86
03-28-2017, 11:41 PM
How so? Curious what you're basing this on. He's 6 years younger, so yeah more spry. More intelligent, better court vision? Tony has experienced more and accomplished more than Beverly ever will so let's not just post shit for shock value here.

Well, Beverly is arguably the best defensive PG in the game and he compliments that with being a 40% 3pt shooter, and none of this "40% on half an attempt per game" bullshit. He makes 40% of his 3's while shooting 4 or 5 per game. That alone makes him miles better than current Tony. I never knew somebody could get "shocked" by the thought of Beverly > Parker in 2017, tbh.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-28-2017, 11:44 PM
Yeah Beverly is significantly better than Parker and an underrated shooter, tbh

DieHardSpursFan1537
03-28-2017, 11:56 PM
#1 seed is looking pretty dismal at this point. Regardless, if we're going to get to the WCF and beat the Warriors, we're going to need to win on the road anyway. Good thing Spurs are the best road team in the league.

Snaq O'Meal
03-29-2017, 03:03 AM

I hope he keeps up that shit. Pork will be licking his chops over the prospect of going up against a Boobie Gibson level of defense.

Fireball
03-29-2017, 03:41 AM
another idea by kaboom that went straight down the toilet ...

LaMarcus Bryant
03-29-2017, 07:31 AM
Is Harden kinda chubby (for a pro athlete) or what? I can't ever decide. He has such a weird body shape for a guy that can do the things he can.

For real. He's a doughy ass Raymond Felton, Kyle Lowry type movin around like the wind

.G.
03-29-2017, 07:36 AM
Where is the Facebook post fail with the fat bitch talkin bout how she wants a cowboy who's out in the field slinging hay, home cooked meals, Bustin a bronc and some dude tells her that she's a beast? Please help.

Horse
03-29-2017, 12:42 PM
Obviously golden state is very good but everyone sucking them off like a bunch of pussies is ridiculous. The playoff environment enhances all our strengths like size, rebounding and physical play. Get physical with curry he will disappear, klay will disappear in the playoffs cause he always does. Then you have Durant who will fall down in critical moments. No reason we can't beat them. And should we play Cleveland in the finals it will be '14 all over again.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-29-2017, 12:44 PM
Obviously golden state is very good but everyone sucking them off like a bunch of pussies is ridiculous. The playoff environment enhances all our strengths like size, rebounding and physical play. Get physical with curry he will disappear, klay will disappear in the playoffs cause he always does. Then you have Durant who will fall down in critical moments. No reason we can't beat them. And should we play Cleveland in the finals it will be '14 all over again.

Durant smoked the Spurs last year with an inferior starting five. I agree that the Spurs should win the Finals if they get there. But right now I'm hoping Durant re-injures himself.

DPG21920
03-29-2017, 12:47 PM
Durant smoked the Spurs last year with an inferior starting five. I agree that the Spurs should win the Finals if they get there. But right now I'm hoping Durant re-injures himself.

1. OKC did not smoke SA last year.

2. SA is better this year than last year

Amuseddaysleeper
03-29-2017, 01:55 PM

OKC won 4 out of the last 5 games, and if we had the same rosters this year as last year, OKC would win in 6 or less. Their size was too much, and Durant thoroughly outplayed Kawhi.

SA is better this year than last year, but GS this year is still much better than SA. SA is scraping by prior to Monday, whereas GS is blowing out teams finally after losing Durant. OKC's fourth best player (Klay) could outscore Kawhi and no one would be shocked. GS has 4 of the 5 best players in this potential series.

TD 21
03-29-2017, 02:42 PM

1. Maybe not, but it was obvious about 2 minutes into game 5 that the series was over.

2. I keep hearing this, but none of their team metrics indicate as much and even if they are, the gap has only widened between them and the Warriors, so it really doesn't matter. They weren't incremental improvement away from winning a championship; they were a prime Parker away and that was before Aldridge fell off a cliff.

OKC won 4 out of the last 5 games, and if we had the same rosters this year as last year, OKC would win in 6 or less. Their size was too much, and Durant thoroughly outplayed Kawhi.

SA is better this year than last year, but GS this year is still much better than SA. SA is scraping by prior to Monday, whereas GS is blowing out teams finally after losing Durant. OKC's fourth best player (Klay) could outscore Kawhi and no one would be shocked. GS has 4 of the 5 best players in this potential series.

Thompson, aka the most overrated player in the league, isn't better than Aldridge.

Fireball
03-29-2017, 02:50 PM

make a game thread on their board tbh

Amuseddaysleeper
03-29-2017, 03:00 PM
1. Maybe not, but it was obvious about 2 minutes into game 5 that the series was over.

2. I keep hearing this, but none of their team metrics indicate as much and even if they are, the gap has only widened between them and the Warriors, so it really doesn't matter. They weren't incremental improvement away from winning a championship; they were a prime Parker away and that was before Aldridge fell off a cliff.

Thompson, aka the most overrated player in the league, isn't better than Aldridge.

Oh come on man, yes he is. Aldridge is having one of the worst seasons of his career. Klay is much more reliable than Aldridge this season.

Spurs will need Aldridge to get at least 20+ ppg to win the series.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-29-2017, 03:01 PM
make a game thread on their board tbh

That's legit a great idea, tbh.

TD 21
03-29-2017, 03:24 PM
Oh come on man, yes he is. Aldridge is having one of the worst seasons of his career. Klay is much more reliable than Aldridge this season.

Spurs will need Aldridge to get at least 20+ ppg to win the series.

Thompson isn't having a very good season either and Aldridge was at a higher level to begin with, so all he's really done is drop to Thompson's level . . . but he's still been slightly better on the season, as many advanced stats indicate.

dabom
03-29-2017, 03:28 PM
I'd take lma over brickhead any day. :lol

Robz4000
03-29-2017, 03:31 PM
I'd argue LMA is better than Raymond as well tbh, at least on paper. If LMA doesn't play timid and soft he's definitely better.

look_at_g_shred
03-29-2017, 03:36 PM
I'd argue LMA is better than Raymond as well tbh, at least on paper. If LMA doesn't play timid and soft he's definitely better.
I like that he's been aggressive as of late.

TD 21
03-29-2017, 04:01 PM

At his best, he can be, but that one is more about context. Green is more well rounded, better in his role and has superior advanced stats, but he could never be a go to guy, let alone on a 50+ win team, like Aldridge was. There's no such qualifiers needed in Aldridge vs Thompson.