PDA

View Full Version : What's our magic number to secure the #2 seed?

$pursDynasty
03-29-2017, 11:30 PM
Is it as simple as just beating the Lakers and Mavs or do we need more? Because I suspect heavy rest from Pop at the end of the season. Just have to stay above Rox and Cavs.

BillMc
03-29-2017, 11:32 PM
Wow, so should we be rooting for the Dubs now against the Rockets?

Chinook
03-29-2017, 11:33 PM
Yeah, the team can lock in the two-seed on Friday.

$pursDynasty
03-31-2017, 06:13 AM
But I am wondering what Pop is thinking. We are 7 games up for #2 overall seed with 8 games left and have a game left with the Lakers and Mavericks. So if there is anyone Pop wants to rest he can. What's to be gained from going all out vs the Thunderefs? It might even push them toward the 7th seed which the Spurs don't want.

Fireball
03-31-2017, 07:03 AM
yep ... rest everyone against OKC

hater
03-31-2017, 07:30 AM
But I am wondering what Pop is thinking. We are 7 games up for #2 overall seed with 8 games left and have a game left with the Lakers and Mavericks. So if there is anyone Pop wants to rest he can. What's to be gained from going all out vs the Thunderefs? It might even push them toward the 7th seed which the Spurs don't want.

So now we scared of the Thunder??

Chinook
03-31-2017, 08:03 AM
I'd say run through the tape. Play your guys tonight and see if Houston can take one against GS. If that happens, then you know you at least have a chance of the Warriors losing the one seed. If you win and GS wins, then you can start resting against Utah.

sananspursfan21
03-31-2017, 08:23 AM
Cavs?? Haha!! No reason at all to worry about Cleveland

spurs1990
03-31-2017, 08:33 AM
Don't look now but Portland at 8 is playing amazing ball. I'd venture to say I'd rather deal with the slow Memphis team at 7 and let GS get run up and down by PDX.

The monkey in the wrench is if OKc or Clips fall down to 7.

MultiTroll
03-31-2017, 08:50 AM
So now we scared of the Thunder??
Billy Donovan vs Pop is scary, yes.

TXstbobcat
03-31-2017, 11:21 AM
Spurs win or Rockets loss tonight secures the 2 seed for the Spurs.

phxspurfan
03-31-2017, 11:35 AM
Don't look now but Portland at 8 is playing amazing ball. I'd venture to say I'd rather deal with the slow Memphis team at 7 and let GS get run up and down by PDX.

It's all about matchups. So the question is, do we match up better against Portland (since we have 2 good wing defenders) or against Memphis?

$pursDynasty
03-31-2017, 12:16 PM
Phx, it appears you may have answered the question of which Spur's Silver Dancer to lust after now that Melissa is gone :depressed. Maybe you can take BillMc's roll and add a picture of the new girl to each game thread. It would be greatly appreciated and might garner the world wide acclaim and thanks Bill gets for keeping ST full of Melissa pics.

spurs1990
03-31-2017, 03:35 PM
It's all about matchups. So the question is, do we match up better against Portland (since we have 2 good wing defenders) or against Memphis?

I want no part of Portland. I think even the plane trips back and forth would take its toll on the Spurs vs shorter length going up to Memphis.

This would be my ranking with one being the team I think the Spurs would rather face:

1) Grizz
2) OKc
3) Clips
4) Uta
5) Port
6) Hou
7) GS

They are all tough opponents (unlike what the East) but if you gotta go through em give me slow plodding old Memphis.

Robz4000
03-31-2017, 03:57 PM
I want no part of Portland. I think even the plane trips back and forth would take its toll on the Spurs vs shorter length going up to Memphis.

This would be my ranking with one being the team I think the Spurs would rather face:

1) Grizz
2) OKc
3) Clips
4) Uta
5) Port
6) Hou
7) GS

They are all tough opponents (unlike what the East) but if you gotta go through em give me slow plodding old Memphis.

Spurs want no part of the Clippers. Switch them and Houston.

phxspurfan
04-01-2017, 11:02 AM
Phx, it appears you may have answered the question of which Spur's Silver Dancer to lust after now that Melissa is gone :depressed. Maybe you can take BillMc's roll and add a picture of the new girl to each game thread. It would be greatly appreciated and might garner the world wide acclaim and thanks Bill gets for keeping ST full of Melissa pics.

Yeah, Breanna liked me and my car photo in front of TD's truck shop, so I was like whoa, who is that. Turns out she's a silver dancer

https://www.instagram.com/briannarenaee/

I think Mallory liked one of my photos last year but she retired

https://www.instagram.com/mallorydougoud/

And some others that show up as related when you follow the silver dancers insta:

https://www.instagram.com/erikadeanne1/
https://www.instagram.com/laurenbriggs10/
https://www.instagram.com/spurssilverdancers/?hl=en

I also follow the warriors dancers and they had a cool live stream the other day of the warriors intro from center court.

sasaint
04-01-2017, 12:25 PM
Nurkic broke his leg last night. It is possible that Portland may not even make the playoffs now.

BillMc
04-01-2017, 12:28 PM
:toast

I guess I'm riding off into the sunset with Melissa on my arm.:lol

spurs10
04-01-2017, 12:33 PM

I guess I'm riding off into the sunset with Melissa on my arm.:lol "Treat Her Right" Bill! :bobo

BillMc
04-01-2017, 12:46 PM
"Treat Her Right" Bill! :bobo
:hat You know it.

sasaint
04-01-2017, 12:49 PM
"Treat Her Right" Bill! :bobo

BillMc,

"I want to tell you a story
Every man ought to know
If you want a little lovin'
You gotta start real slow..."

BillMc
04-01-2017, 12:54 PM
BillMc (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=16431),

"I want to tell you a story
Every man ought to know
If you want a little lovin'
You gotta start real slow..."

For some reason I read that to the tune of the "Beverly Hilbillies" theme. :lol

BillMc
04-01-2017, 12:57 PM
We should tank both remaining Jazz games and see if we can help Utah steal the 3 seed.

sasaint
04-01-2017, 01:02 PM

For some reason I read that to the tune of the "Beverly Hilbillies" theme. :lol

"Treat Her Right" - Roy Head, 1965. Great song.

sasaint
04-01-2017, 01:03 PM
We should tank both remaining Jazz games and see if we can help Utah steal the 3 seed.

I am a simple guy. Just play your game and let the chips fall...

sasaint
04-01-2017, 01:06 PM

Spurs need to develop chemistry and consistency.

Phenomanul
04-01-2017, 01:09 PM
Nurkic broke his leg last night. It is possible that Portland may not even make the playoffs now.

Cause Portland is legitimately cursed

BillMc
04-01-2017, 01:13 PM
"Treat Her Right" - Roy Head, 1965. Great song.

Cool.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xj43dafq0r0

BillMc
04-01-2017, 01:18 PM

I wasn't entirely serious.

Hoops Czar
04-01-2017, 01:39 PM
Spurs need to develop chemistry and consistency.

April is getting a little late in the game to develop chemistry and consistency. It's either there or it's not. Look for Pop to start resting players.

Russ
04-01-2017, 03:05 PM
The LA Tankfest - Lakers vs. Clippers matinee - is in full swing.

Lakers are tanking for the #1 pick.

Clippers are tanking to get to the Rockets or Spurs and stay away from GSW until the Western Finals.

Each team looks insulted when a hoop is forced upon them