PDA

View Full Version : So what's the plan for PG situation in the 2017 offseason..

spursistan
03-30-2017, 01:19 AM
if Parker is our starting PG in 2017-2018, don't fuckin wanna read the "C" word (contender) in forum discussions next season..:lol

https://i.imgur.com/y9WvdCc.jpg

This is the boxscore of a healthy starting point guard of an NBA team with title aspirations in two consecutive games..Just weep..

It is bordering on front office malpractice if PATFO doesn't address this embarrassment in the summer.

james evans
03-30-2017, 01:21 AM
Parker and Ginobli will be around until all of Lavar Ball's boys are in the league coming off picks killing us.

HarlemHeat37
03-30-2017, 01:25 AM
Didn't he say he wants to play 20 years, tbh?:lol

Darius Bieber
03-30-2017, 01:25 AM
This trash ass team won't do a damn thing. PATFO won't get their heads out of their ass.

MaNu4Tres
03-30-2017, 01:26 AM
There's no realistic fix that's going to catapult the Spurs over the Warriors. It's Warriors time right now ( like it was ours in the 00's) and we are the Suns/Mavs of the mid 00's. It is what is it.

Next year is a transition year. One where they have to throw Murray in the fire to expedite his growth like Spurs did with Parker in 01'. It simply has to happen. Next year will be a transition year, but Spurs will still win 55+ games and still give us hope. The same hope the Suns fans had in the mid 00's.

Hopefully Murray can reach his high ceiling in the next few years to be able to help prime Leonard have a real shot when Warriors start descending.

HarlemHeat37
03-30-2017, 01:29 AM
By the time the Spurs get a new starting PG and/or Murray shows enough potential to start, it'll be an entirely different team, outside of Kawhi, tbh..Aldridge will be gone, Green will either be gone or move to the bench, Manu/Pau will be retired, etc..c'est la vie, tbh..

spursistan
03-30-2017, 01:30 AM
Wanting to pay Mills 50 millions when the road to the title goes through Golden State :lmao..

MaNu4Tres
03-30-2017, 01:32 AM
By the time the Spurs get a new starting PG and/or Murray shows enough potential to start, it'll be an entirely different team, outside of Kawhi, tbh..Aldridge will be gone, Green will either be gone or move to the bench, Manu/Pau will be retired, etc..c'est la vie, tbh..

Can't predict the future but I trust the Spurs FO to make moves to keep them close. They already have a top 5 player in the NBA barely 26 yrs old that doesn't rely on speed/quickness. Kawhi's game should age well. I'm just saying next year should be a competitive transition year. They have to throw Murray in the fire instead of walking out Parkers corpse for 25 minutes a night. I think Parker will start the season as the starting PG, but I think Murray will be given the keys by the AS break.

TheGreatYacht
03-30-2017, 01:33 AM
Who knows, but I'm praying PATFO doesn't pay Deadman</3 instead....

Robz4000
03-30-2017, 01:36 AM
Can't predict the future but I trust the Spurs FO to make moves to keep them close. They already have a top 5 player in the NBA barely 26 yrs old that doesn't rely on speed/quickness. Kawhi's game should age well. I'm just saying next year should be a competitive transition year. They have to throw Murray in the fire instead of walking out Parkers corpse for 25 minutes a night. I think Parker will start the season as the starting PG, but I think Murray will be given the keys by the AS break.

Murray has to be the starter sooner than that imo, unless the Spurs do acquire Rose on the cheap or perhaps even Holiday/Hill. I know PATFO love Tony but there's no way they can trot him out as a starter after how bad he's been this year. They prolly would've benched him already but the alternatives aren't much better.

cd021
03-30-2017, 01:38 AM
Pray Mills doesn't leave and the Spurs continue to develop Murray. Parker can go kick rocks

BillMc
03-30-2017, 01:47 AM
I am by no means a Parker hater. I respect the guy and his legacy. He's somewhere between the 4th and 6th best Spur to ever play the game and will be in the HOF.

That said, I do wonder if next year, with an expiring contract, if the Spurs might trade him or do somesort of salary dump to clear space. Parker's on court play will be of little value but an expiring contract is an expiring contract. Would Pop and RC do it? Yeah, I think they might.

As far as the solution. Well, that's not so easy. You sign a mid-tier guy and hope he blossoms in the Spurs system. Or you throw Murray into the mix. Or you spend on Patty and make him the starter (meh). Pop and RC are the best at plugging holes. Replacing TD was the priority last summer. Next summer may be harder depending on who opts out and who opts in. With TP in freefall, Manu and Patty and Simmons all possibly gone our guard rotations are up in the air. It would have been nice if Forbes had shown signs of being Patty jr, but he hasn't.

Or you sign a 2 guard or combo guard that's there for D and turn Kawhi into a point forward. .

sasaint
03-30-2017, 01:51 AM

I would much rather see the Spurs hand the keys to Murray at the start of the season.

cd021
03-30-2017, 01:51 AM
Wanting to pay Mills 50 millions when the road to the title goes through Golden State :lmao..

Who is the alternative then? Parker, Green, and Murray would be our backcourt with Simmons maybe coming back and Manu possibly retiring. People killing the spurs guard rotation now, we would be much worse off with out Mills

sasaint
03-30-2017, 01:55 AM
I am by no means a Parker hater. I respect the guy and his legacy. He's somewhere between the 4th and 6th best Spur to ever play the game and will be in the HOF.

That said, I do wonder if next year, with an expiring contract, if the Spurs might trade him or do somesort of salary dump to clear space. Parker's on court play will be of little value but an expiring contract is an expiring contract. Would Pop and RC do it? Yeah, I think they might.

As far as the solution. Well, that's not so easy. You sign a mid-tier guy and hope he blossoms in the Spurs system. Or you throw Murray into the mix. Or you spend on Patty and make him the starter (meh). Pop and RC are the best at plugging holes. Replacing TD was the priority last summer. Next summer may be harder depending on who opts out and who opts in. With TP in freefall, Manu and Patty and Simmons all possibly gone our guard rotations are up in the air. It would have been nice if Forbes had shown signs of being Patty jr, but he hasn't.

Or you sign a 2 guard or combo guard that's there for D and turn Kawhi into a point forward. .

Tony is barely up to a role as towel-waver. You don't pay $15MM for that. PATFO really has to cut bait.

ElNono
03-30-2017, 01:57 AM

Tony isn't going anywhere. Best case is he's coming off the bench. He said he wants to play till he's 40...

MaNu4Tres
03-30-2017, 02:11 AM
Who is the alternative then? Parker, Green, and Murray would be our backcourt with Simmons maybe coming back and Manu possibly retiring. People killing the spurs guard rotation now, we would be much worse off with out Mills

Hanga is likely coming over. Then theres the draft and also maybe another diamond in the rough find like how Jaren Jackson, Stephen Jackson, Neal, Green, Simmons were.

MaNu4Tres
03-30-2017, 02:13 AM
I would much rather see the Spurs hand the keys to Murray at the start of the season.

Me too.

Im just trying to be realistic and say by AS break. I think they slowly let reality hit Tony.

Robz4000
03-30-2017, 02:17 AM
Me too.

Im just trying to be realistic and say by AS break. I think they slowly let reality hit Tony.

Reality is hitting them as we speak tbh. Last year they didn't have a clear alternative to Parker but with Murray on board the Spurs have a clear avenue to progress to the post-Parker era. If they fail to make the change early next year (or bring in a new starting PG) then it's clear incompetence on their part and we'll know for sure PATFO have lost the plot.

BillMc
03-30-2017, 02:26 AM
it's clear incompetence on their part and we'll know for sure PATFO have lost the plot.

There's nothing incompetent about PATFO. They've had priorites and have done a hell of a job with this team. The last two years they've had to get talent (LMA) to put next to Kawhi, resign Danny, Kawhi and rebuild the bench. Then last year they had to find a TD replacement and rebuild the bench yet again. Both those were higher priority than Tony (and even so two recent #1 picks Murray and KA were point guards). The fact that we're contending shows they've done well. Now, is it time to address, sure. But it was a reasonable hope that Tony could hang on until those other needs were addressed or that Patty might become starter-worthy or that one of Murray, Forbes, KA, or Simmons would blossom into a keeper in the guard rotation.

The mentality on this site is always - "If the team has a weakness, someone in the front office, must have screwed up." i don't agree. Just maintaining contender status takes a hell of a lot or work and a little luck. RC has done as well as could possibly be reasonably expected.

It is a shame a few years ago when Tony was at the tail end of his prime (and making All NBA teams) when we had TOO many pgs in the line: CJ, Decolo, Patty, Neal. Now, the cupboard is bare but its not incompetence, just simply you can't solve all problems at all times.

ElNono
03-30-2017, 02:27 AM
Hanga is likely coming over. Then theres the draft and also maybe another diamond in the rough find like how Jaren Jackson, Stephen Jackson, Neal, Green, Simmons were.

Isn't Hanga a SF? What's he coming over for, with Kyle and Bertrans for the already limited mins behind Kawhi.

MaNu4Tres
03-30-2017, 02:29 AM
Isn't Hanga a SF? What's he coming over for, with Kyle and Bertrans for the already limited mins behind Kawhi.

Hes a SG. Simmons and Manu may be gone. Maybe just one of the two. Either way if its just one or both, hes one if best defensive players overseas and hed fill in depth at the two.

ElNono
03-30-2017, 02:35 AM
There's nothing incompetent about PATFO. They've had priorites and have done a hell of a job with this team. The last two years they've had to get talent (LMA) to put next to Kawhi, resign Danny, Kawhi and rebuild the bench. Then last year they had to find a TD replacement and rebuild the bench yet again. Both those were higher priority than Tony (and even so two recent #1 picks Murray and KA were point guards). The fact that we're contending shows they've done well. Now, is it time to address, sure. But it was a reasonable hope that Tony could hang on until those other needs were addressed or that Patty might become starter-worthy or that one of Murray, Forbes, KA, or Simmons would blossom into a keeper in the guard rotation.

The mentality on this site is always - "If the team has a weakness, someone in the front office, must have screwed up." i don't agree. Just maintaining contender status takes a hell of a lot or work and a little luck. RC has done as well as could possibly be reasonably expected.

It is a shame a few years ago when Tony was at the tail end of his prime (and making All NBA teams) when we had TOO many pgs in the line: CJ, Decolo, Patty, Neal. Now, the cupboard is bare but its not incompetence, just simply you can't solve all problems at all times.

CJ and Neal were never starting material, tbh... and they just weren't worth putting the cash there when their contracts were up. De Colo, IIRC, asked to be traded. What makes me question Pop throwing Murray into the fire next season is that, IIRC, when they had a 'sure' guy they felt right about (Kawhi), Pop started him 39 games in his first season. Murray has barely seen the court. I think they're taking the long road with him, but we'll see.

I think there's a number of variables that can change depending if they're able to retain Patty or not, if a Pop-favorite like Hill is interested to re-join the team, Manu retiring, etc.

RD2191
03-30-2017, 02:36 AM
Tony needs a career ender, there I said it. That's the only way he'll get off this team.

Arcadian
03-30-2017, 02:37 AM
It's Warriors time right now ( like it was ours in the 00's) and we are the Suns/Mavs of the mid 00's. It is what is it.

Interesting analogy...but will they win 5 chips like we did? Let's see.

Also they haven't eliminated us from the playoffs since 1991.

ElNono
03-30-2017, 02:39 AM
Hes a SG. Simmons and Manu may be gone. Maybe just one of the two. Either way if its just one or both, hes one if best defensive players overseas and hed fill in depth at the two.

I saw him listed as a SF, but now I see him as a G/F for Baskonia.

Robz4000
03-30-2017, 02:46 AM

There is no replacing TD, and PATFO more than anyone should've known this. Getting Gasol was a nice upgrade for the offense but another front court offensive player who doesn't play D was the wrong move, and as we've seen he doesn't really solve the issues this team faced the past two years (three if you count 2015 but they still had CoJo then) with consistent PG play.

It's also not difficult to keep this team in "contender" status when 90% of the league is incompetent/tanking. I know quite a few people still wanna believe PATFO can do no wrong, but people get older/lose their drive/just get passed by the times. We're definitely seeing it with Pop the past few years and it isn't unreasonable to think RC and the rest are similar. Also doesn't help that the braintrust is continuously raided by other teams.

As for drafting PGs, Fathead was never going to be an NBA PG and everyone knew that. Thankfully they drafted Murray but based off Parker's play the previous two years they should've been looking for a PG that could take the reigns sooner ala Brogdon, albeit it looks like Murray has the higher ceiling so I'm not upset on that account.

The signs have been on the wall for 2+ years now and all PATFO have done to address the issue was draft Murray while building the team with all this front court depth was an antiquated idea from the beginning. Hopefully they realize this in the off season and try to fix the backcourt issues instead of doubling down on this notion that zigging while the league zags is a good idea.

apalisoc_9
03-30-2017, 02:48 AM
I saw him listed as a SF, but now I see him as a G/F for Baskonia.

Don't get your hopes up. I've followed Hanga and it's hard for me to imagine him having a role in the NBA. He's kinda slow even in European standards. I don't know how his defense is going to translate in the NBA.

Also the team can look into signing Teodosic for something that is lower than Mills caphold. A 10/2 with a player option or team option should save the save 1.5 in the cap to retain dedmon.

Really strong feeling that Mills is gone by the end of season unless the spurs pull an upset and win a championship.

I'm not sure of Kawhi has any say or pull in the organization but if he does, we probably see mills next year. With litte improvemebt to fix the PG dilemma.

apalisoc_9
03-30-2017, 02:50 AM
There is no replacing TD, and PATFO more than anyone should've known this. Getting Gasol was a nice upgrade for the offense but another front court offensive player who doesn't play D was the wrong move, and as we've seen he doesn't really solve the issues this team faced the past two years (three if you count 2015 but they still had CoJo then) with consistent PG play.

It's also not difficult to keep this team in "contender" status when 90% of the league is incompetent/tanking. I know quite a few people still wanna believe PATFO can do no wrong, but people get older/lose their drive/just get passed by the times. We're definitely seeing it with Pop the past few years and it isn't unreasonable to think RC and the rest are similar. Also doesn't help that the braintrust is continuously raided by other teams.

As for drafting PGs, Fathead was never going to be an NBA PG and everyone knew that. Thankfully they drafted Murray but based off Parker's play the previous two years they should've been looking for a PG that could take the reigns sooner ala Brogdon, albeit it looks like Murray has the higher ceiling so I'm not upset on that account.

The signs have been on the wall for 2+ years now and all PATFO have done to address the issue was draft Murray while building the team with all this front court depth was an antiquated idea from the beginning. Hopefully they realize this in the off season and try to fix the backcourt issues instead of doubling down on this notion that zigging while the league zags is a good idea.

You can't fault for trying to improve the team. This team despite the fact that they're going to win less games is better than last years team. They're not going to build a team based on the obssessive idea of countering Golden State. That's a disaster wauting to happen.

SAGirl
03-30-2017, 02:51 AM

They are already having Kawhi as a kind of point forward but he's a scorer... they need help distributing. None of the starters is an above average passer. Kawhi has improved a lot but a guy with his usage and with the attention he already draws should be creating more. That part of the game didn't come natural to him.

I don't want to put limits to how much he can still improve that bc he's young and not still in his prime but it's not all on him. Lamarcus is not an above average passer either, Danny is not either and you can guess what happens at the C spot after this season. They do need someone who gets them different looks (Tony in his better games did that. Some games ending up with 8+ assists.) They need someone who in addition to hitting an open spot up 3 can create off the dribble to give them a different dimension and to make them harder to defend. Even if just as a secondary playmaker maybe Murray can be that guy already

Robz4000
03-30-2017, 02:56 AM
You can't fault for trying to improve the team. This team despite the fact that they're going to win less games is better than last years team. They're not going to build a team based on the obssessive idea of countering Golden State. That's a disaster wauting to happen.

That's exactly what they tried to do this year though. I'm saying rather than trying to build the team in the exact opposite way of the Dubs they should've just focused on improving the team's overall build which means upgrading the PG spot since they already have/had Kawhi and LMA. Scoring balance does matter.

apalisoc_9
03-30-2017, 03:04 AM
That's exactly what they tried to do this year though. I'm saying rather than trying to build the team in the exact opposite way of the Dubs they should've just focused on improving the team's overall build which means upgrading the PG spot since they already have/had Kawhi and LMA. Scoring balance does matter.

Not really. The spurs has played with two traditional bigs since 2011. Even the 2014 team had Diaw-Duncan-Tiago-Bonner

All bigs.

Robz4000
03-30-2017, 03:13 AM
Not really. The spurs has played with two traditional bigs since 2011. Even the 2014 team had Diaw-Duncan-Tiago-Bonner

All bigs.

Other than Duncan none of those three were elite rebounders. They had different skills that generally complimented the guard play of Parker/Manu. This year they have Gasol, Lee, and Dedmon, all of whom are great rebounders, and with the added emphasis on offensive rebounding this year its clear the team tried to go with a dominant frontline (post play, controlling the boards, put backs, etc) to combat the Dubs.

spursistan
03-30-2017, 04:24 AM

It's kinda of sad at this point..

JohnnyMax
03-30-2017, 04:37 AM

Jdspur20
03-30-2017, 05:41 AM
George Hill would be a solid pick up. Not sure how much it will cost though.
I love tony but he needs to retire.

Horse
03-30-2017, 06:29 AM
There's no realistic fix that's going to catapult the Spurs over the Warriors. It's Warriors time right now ( like it was ours in the 00's) and we are the Suns/Mavs of the mid 00's. It is what is it.

Next year is a transition year. One where they have to throw Murray in the fire to expedite his growth like Spurs did with Parker in 01'. It simply has to happen. Next year will be a transition year, but Spurs will still win 55+ games and still give us hope. The same hope the Suns fans had in the mid 00's.

Hopefully Murray can reach his high ceiling in the next few years to be able to help prime Leonard have a real shot when Warriors start descending.
Fuck that it won't be easy maybe not likely. But even going up 20 the offense wasn't at its best. We need to be razor focused slow the game down make them pay inside and get physical. After Monday the way we started may have blown our heads up a little too much. Let's not forget the game still changes in the playoffs.

duncan2k5
03-30-2017, 06:50 AM
I would want Murray to start right now, tbh...this dude will be a GOP 10 pg...trust me...the few times he was given the chance to play significant minutes, he has exceeded expectations... And that's with him not knowing the team, and not knowing opposing tendencies... Right now he is better than rookie TP, and definitely better than current TP

vander
03-30-2017, 06:53 AM

this is the only option with any upside. let Mills go, bring TP off the bench, lots of cap room in 2018

Brazil
03-30-2017, 06:59 AM

fuck you hater

:lol

Dverde
03-30-2017, 07:44 AM
TP is not going to leave that money on the table. There is hope that next year will be his last one. I don't mind him sticking around as the 3rd PG like Steve Kerr. He can still hit a big time shot. Spurs won't trade him. Deep down everyone on this site knows it.

Trueblood
03-30-2017, 07:56 AM
Send Murray to SDSU with Kawhi and Chip. Have him on the Klaw's 2 a day training sessions and then have him start game 1. Parker isn't going anywhere but they might bring him off the bench. It's a win win because Murray would be (in theory) vastly improved from trying to guard Kawhi all summer plus Chip can work on his shot, and Parker could slide into a mentor roll and come off the bench which far better fits his diminished skill set.

SupremeGuy
03-30-2017, 08:48 AM
Tony needs a career ender, there I said it. That's the only way he'll get off this team.https://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/65368748/randy-savage-machoman-fucking-savage.jpg

gambit1990
03-30-2017, 08:57 AM
if tony wants to keep playing for the spurs they should send him up to austin and leave him there.

Keepin' it real
03-30-2017, 09:08 AM

Next year is a transition year. One where they have to throw Murray in the fire to expedite his growth like Spurs did with Parker in 01'. It simply has to happen. Next year will be a transition year, but Spurs will still win 55+ games and still give us hope...

THIS year is supposed to be the transition year. Saying farewell to Timmy ... and Boban. So many new players.

MaNu4Tres
03-30-2017, 09:14 AM
THIS year is supposed to be the transition year. Saying farewell to Timmy ... and Boban. So many new players.

Only player the Spurs lost who had a pulse was Boban.

Tim was done, West was done, Boris was about done, Martin was done, Miller was done, Bonner was done. In the playoffs last year, Diaw, Martin, Miller, Bonner, Boban were non factors. West and Duncan played but played very poorly. Spurs aren't missing much from the players who Spurs let go last year. Anything added was going to be a positive.

Next year is a transition year as they have to change the core of the team by giving Murray the keys and putting Tony in the backseat or in the trunk. Manu will likely retire too and Gasol may opt out if he doesn't want to come off the bench or if he gets offered more money from the Grizz or Twolves.

palangi
03-30-2017, 09:45 AM
Whatever it is that whole back court needs some work. SG and PG. Even if it means bringing in another SF and moving Leonard to the SG. Then have Danny come off the bench as a scorer.

BillMc
03-30-2017, 09:49 AM
fuck you hater

:lol:depressed

rjv
03-30-2017, 09:54 AM

Hopefully Murray can reach his high ceiling in the next few years to be able to help prime Leonard have a real shot when Warriors start descending. we need help at the wings also and anderson and simmons have likely reached their ceiling. the one huge asset we have is a cap space (and some trade assets) to work with so it's possible we could shore up the guard spot significantly in a short amount of time, provided murray evolves quickly.

cd98
03-30-2017, 09:59 AM
No PG on this roster is fit to handle Splash Bros. Spurs need to hope they get lucky in the draft bc they won't overpay in free agency and they aren't in the lottery.

MaNu4Tres
03-30-2017, 10:04 AM
we need help at the wings also and anderson and simmons have likely reached their ceiling. the one huge asset we have is a cap space (and some trade assets) to work with so it's possible we could shore up the guard spot significantly in a short amount of time, provided murray evolves quickly.

Fortunate enough the Spurs are very top heavy at the wings with Kawhi, Green (for his D).

There's unknown variables regarding who will provide the depth, Manu retiring? Simmons signing a 1+1 deal? Hanga coming over? The draft, will they draft a wing? Will a Free Agent vet come sign for cheap Korver, PJ Tucker? Will an unknown, out of the box, FA come out of no where like Jaren Jackson, Stephen Jackson, Danny Green, Gary Neal, Simmons? At least Spurs have Kawhi and Green ( the best defensive wing tandem in the league). The point guard position is so bad at the top that the 3rd string rookie has the most talent (IMO).

rjv
03-30-2017, 10:16 AM
Fortunate enough the Spurs are very top heavy at the wings with Kawhi, Green (for his D).

There's unknown variables regarding who will provide the depth, Manu retiring? Simmons signing a 1+1 deal? Hanga coming over? The draft, will they draft a wing? Will a Free Agent vet come sign for cheap Korver, PJ Tucker? Will an unknown, out of the box, FA come out of no where like Jaren Jackson, Stephen Jackson, Danny Green, Gary Neal, Simmons? At least Spurs have Kawhi and Green ( the best defensive wing tandem in the league). The point guard position is so bad at the top that the 3rd string rookie has the most talent (IMO). i love our starting wings but am not so thrilled with the bench wings. KA has a nice basketball IQ and lacks the athleticism or tenacity and simmons lacks the IQ. yes, PG is the most critical need (we have the worst PGs of all the western conference playoff teams), but if we want to get over the hump against the dubs, we really need to have some depth there. and yes, we are lucky that this is going to be a deeper draft.

sasaint
03-30-2017, 11:05 AM
Me too.

Reality is already smacking Tony (and everybody else) in the face. Last night was bad but it wasn't an aberration.

sasaint
03-30-2017, 11:12 AM
I would want Murray to start right now, tbh...this dude will be a GOP 10 pg...trust me...the few times he was given the chance to play significant minutes, he has exceeded expectations... And that's with him not knowing the team, and not knowing opposing tendencies... Right now he is better than rookie TP, and definitely better than current TP

Dijon's injury is a tragedy for him as well as the team. I was calling for Pop to turn over the keys to Dijon back before the ASG, even though I knew that Pop was unlikely to do it. Now the team can only look forward to next season, realistically. But Dijon needs to be designated starter before the season even begins.

rjv
03-30-2017, 11:18 AM
Dijon's injury is a tragedy for him as well as the team. I was calling for Pop to turn over the keys to Dijon back before the ASG, even though I knew that Pop was unlikely to do it. Now the team can only look forward to next season, realistically. But Dijon needs to be designated starter before the season even begins. definitely.

coachmac87
03-30-2017, 11:21 AM
Chris Paul.

Both sides will make it work...and yes PATFO will move Parker if it means getting Paul for twice the price..Because he's 3x the player.

ElNono
03-30-2017, 11:42 AM
he pulls you back in tho, I heard...

UZER
03-30-2017, 11:43 AM
he pulls you back in tho, I heard...

:lol

Jdspur20
03-30-2017, 11:45 AM
Chris Paul.

Both sides will make it work...and yes PATFO will move Parker if it means getting Paul for twice the price..Because he's 3x the player.

Won't happen. Pretty sure he's already verbally agreed with LAC

coachmac87
03-30-2017, 11:49 AM
Won't happen. Pretty sure he's already verbally agreed with LAC

Anything can happen.

Just ask DeAndre Jordan

And BTW the report was Paul expects the FULL MAX to STAY with Clippers...

DAF86
03-30-2017, 11:56 AM
PATFO will probably let Patty go, keep starting Tony, have Murray be the backup and sign a veteran 3rd string PG. If Murray shows enough improvement he might become the starter midseason.

gambit1990
03-30-2017, 01:56 PM
Chris Paul.

i'm hoping the clippers get smashed in the first round so cp3 would be more likely to leave/clippers would be more likely to blow it up.

spursistan
03-30-2017, 02:30 PM

If George Hill price is too steep, PATFO should kick the tires on Bledose..Suns are apparently ready to move on..He is still only 27 and coming off a career year and on a nice contract ($15,000,000 expiring in 2019)..

mo7888
03-30-2017, 02:54 PM

If George Hill price is too steep, PATFO should kick the tires on Bledose..Suns are apparently ready to move on..He is still only 27 and coming off a career year and on a nice contract ($15,000,000 expiring in 2019)..

I think that may be the answer. If Phoenix gets a top 3 pick they will probably take one of the elite PG's to pair with Booker and Chriss. There might a deal to be made that would get us Bledsoe. We could let Patty walk and maybe offer LMA for Bledsoe and Bender. It gives us a young big to fit into the mix and Bledsoe could start for a couple years while Murray become the backup.

If we can't pull off a deal like that then I say start Murray and bring TP off the bench for one year until his contract expires or see if Philly might want him and sign a back-up PG like Collison fill in when Murray is having a tough night.

dabom
03-30-2017, 03:11 PM
Bledsoe is garbage. :lmao

james evans
03-30-2017, 03:22 PM
why would George Hill come back to the spurs not knowing if he'd just be traded again?

TD 21
03-30-2017, 03:55 PM
- Parker is going to remain the starter, sometimes finisher and average around 25 mpg next season.

- Murray won't be handed a rotation spot, but he'll likely have a legit opportunity to earn one.

- Mills, if he's re-signed, isn't an impediment to that, since he can pair with him on both sides of the ball.

- If Mills isn't re-signed, they probably turn to a similar, inexpensive alternative, that's good enough to be the primary backup if Murray falters, but willing to accept being a part time rotation (depending on who primary backup shooting guard is, plus Parker injury/rest games) player if he doesn't. Brooks makes sense.

rjv
03-30-2017, 04:00 PM
- Parker is going to remain the starter, sometimes finisher and average around 25 mpg next season.

- Murray won't be handed a rotation spot, but he'll likely have a legit opportunity to earn one.

- Mills, if he's re-signed, isn't an impediment to that, since he can pair with him on both sides of the ball.

- If Mills isn't re-signed, they probably turn to a similar, inexpensive alternative, that's good enough to be the primary backup if Murray falters, but willing to accept being a part time rotation (depending on who primary backup shooting guard is, plus Parker injury/rest games) player if he doesn't. Brooks makes sense. I'm not a big fan of Brooks but any addition would be decent. There is part of me that wonders if we would throw serious cash at George Hill and see if he wanted to come back. He's had an injury prone year but he is playing very well for the Jazz.

MaNu4Tres
03-30-2017, 04:08 PM
I'm not a big fan of Brooks but any addition would be decent. There is part of me that wonders if we would throw serious cash at George Hill and see if he wanted to come back. He's had an injury prone year but he is playing very well for the Jazz.

I'd be shocked if Spurs intend to pay Hill/ Rose their market value ( 20+ mil per year). I know Spurs are really really high on Murray. If they didn't have him or if they didn't feel that high on him, then I'd think they'd go after Hill or Jrue Holiday, but I don't think that will be the case because I know how high they are on Murray. Time will tell. If they stand pat at the PG position and let Mills walk ( which is what I think will happen), that will speak volumes on what they think of Murray.

As for the 3rd PG spot, I can see Spurs bringing in a vet like Shelvin Mack, Aaron Brooks, Calderon, or Sessions. Sessions may field higher than minimum -- maybe Calderon too. But those are options nonetheless.

TD 21
03-30-2017, 04:12 PM
I'm not a big fan of Brooks but any addition would be decent. There is part of me that wonders if we would throw serious cash at George Hill and see if he wanted to come back. He's had an injury prone year but he is playing very well for the Jazz.

As an inexpensive Mills replacement, he'd be ideal. Good enough to play ahead of Murray if he's not ready, not good enough to gripe about playing behind him if he is and capable of playing alongside him at times.

Barring a major move, where they ship out significant salary and don't get much back in return, they don't have serious cash to throw at anyone, who they either don't have Bird rights to or isn't restricted. As much as they'd probably like Hill back and he'd like to be back, it's just not feasible.

rjv
03-30-2017, 04:13 PM
I'd be shocked if Spurs intend to pay Hill/ Rose their market value ( 20+ mil per year). I know Spurs are really really high on Murray. If they didn't have him or if they didn't feel that high on him, then I'd think they'd go after Hill or Jrue Holiday, but I don't think that will be the case because I know how high they are on Murray. Time will tell. If they stand pat at the PG position and let Mills walk ( which is what I think will happen), that will speak volumes on what they think of Murray. yeah, and the glimpses he has given us seem to back up their instincts. the last player the FO regarded this highly was Leonard. BUT the learning curve for a PG is much higher than any other position. I hope Murray dominates the summer league so we can have a better idea of where he is headed. And fucking groin injuries suck!

MaNu4Tres
03-30-2017, 04:20 PM
BUT the learning curve for a PG is much higher than any other position. I hope Murray dominates the summer league so we can have a better idea of where he is headed. And fucking groin injuries suck!

There's a big misconception with that. In todays NBA, there's creators on the perimeter that manufacture most of the offense through the PnRs. Sure there's a lot of different sets to understand and learn in the half court offense but all 5 guys are responsible for just as much in regards to execution or executing. Point guards don't have the ball in their hands all the time anymore, the ball is in the hands of the best creators most of the time, but when the ball moves like how it does on the Spurs, other players have a lot of the same responsibility. It's not like the PG's are the ones calling plays and making all the calls on where everyone goes like AJ used to. Its not like that anymore. By no means am I saying PGs don't have a learning curve, its just that ALL players have just as much learning to do -- it's more balanced and the learning is more about learning the personnel and how everything fits within the offense and defense.

Murrays' hard work and elite work ethic will pay off and he'll be fine by next year. If Pop can give 19 yr old Tony Parker the keys in 01', surely he can do the same to Murray -- if Murray earns it.

gambit1990
03-30-2017, 04:26 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/12XMGIWtrHBl5e/giphy.gif

rjv
03-30-2017, 04:32 PM
There's a big misconception with that. In todays NBA, there's creators on the perimeter that manufacture most of the offense through the PnRs. Sure there's a lot of different sets to understand and learn in the half court offense but all 5 guys are responsible for just as much in regards to execution or executing. Point guards don't have the ball in their hands all the time anymore, the ball is in the hands of the best creators most of the time, but when the ball moves like how it does on the Spurs, other players have a lot of the same responsibility. It's not like the PG's are the ones calling plays and making all the calls on where everyone goes like AJ used to. Its not like that anymore. By no means am I saying PGs don't have a learning curve, its just that ALL players have just as much learning to do -- it's more balanced and the learning is more about learning the personnel and how everything fits within the offense and defense.

Murrays' hard work and elite work ethic will pay off and he'll be fine by next year. If Pop can give 19 yr old Tony Parker the keys in 01', surely he can do the same to Murray -- if Murray earns it. nice points. he does meet the eye test in that when you see murray play you see he has that "it" factor. but there are times where you also see how limited he is. still, his limitations are offset by his potential, wingspan and athleticism. TP may have the experience but he now fails the eye test (as in, this dude is done).

SAGirl
03-30-2017, 05:31 PM
PATFO will probably let Patty go, keep starting Tony, have Murray be the backup and sign a veteran 3rd string PG. If Murray shows enough improvement he might become the starter midseason.
This is what seems reasonable to me.

MaNu4Tres
03-30-2017, 05:52 PM

Agree if you didn't know that already.. tbh

SAGirl
03-30-2017, 05:55 PM

SAGirl
03-30-2017, 05:56 PM
Agree if you didn't know that already.. tbh
?
I don't know what you mean... I agree. I thought it before too... etc.
Just easier to agree than to restate what has been stated b4..

sasaint
03-30-2017, 06:02 PM

If that seems "reasonable" to you, you are watching a different Tony than I am, tbh. This is a recipe for mediocrity, if not disaster. Spurs should stick a fork in Tony.

cd021
03-30-2017, 06:02 PM
this is the only option with any upside. let Mills go, bring TP off the bench, lots of cap room in 2018

Parker doesn't fit with the bench unit at all. If Parker comes off the bench, he may be playing with Simmons, Anderson, Lee/Bertans, & Gasol.

That's three bad defenders, three low volume 3pt shooters, & one non shooter (Lee; not so much of an issue).

People keep saying the Spurs should let Mills walk but there isn't a viable alternative. Murray playing north of 21 mpg next season is a pretty big step and a big responsibility.

I would try and keep Mills, let Simmons walk, hope Dedmon returns (and takes the 4 year, $36 million MLE, with a player option for the 4th year), hope Manu returns and ,maybe, bring back Lee if possible.

Guards:
Parker, Murray, Mills, Green, Ginobili, 1st rounder, Forbes
Wings:
Leonard, Anderson,

Bigs:
Gasol, Aldridge, Bertans, Dedmon (?) Lee(?), Milutinov (?)

cd021
03-30-2017, 06:04 PM
Did I miss something with Rose? Why is he getting mentioned?
Poor shooter, doesn't get to the line and poor defender.

SAGirl
03-30-2017, 06:20 PM
If that seems "reasonable" to you, you are watching a different Tony than I am, tbh. This is a recipe for mediocrity, if not disaster. Spurs should stick a fork in Tony.
just reasonable based on what I have seen from Pop. I don't think he will just hand Murray the spot. He will make him jump through hoops.
maybe the guys that argue the Pop has developed a massive ego have a point.... based on what I have seen from Pop he will be slow to trust.

Maybe Murray can be so much improved he wows and just leaves Pop no choice, but I expect more gradual development from Murray which will mean youngster mistakes, etc and things that will make Pop be going back and forth with him until finally Murray earns the spot. Kind of what we saw with Dedmon. If you are right instead I have no problem with though. That would mean Murray showed up in training camp and left no doubts in Pop's mind.

sasaint
03-30-2017, 06:31 PM
just reasonable based on what I have seen from Pop. I don't think he will just hand Murray the spot. He will make him jump through hoops.
maybe the guys that argue the Pop has developed a massive ego have a point.... based on what I have seen from Pop he will be slow to trust.

Maybe Murray can be so much improved he wows and just leaves Pop no choice, but I expect more gradual development from Murray which will mean youngster mistakes, etc and things that will make Pop be going back and forth with him until finally Murray earns the spot. Kind of what we saw with Dedmon. If you are right instead I have no problem with though. That would mean Murray showed up in training camp and left no doubts in Pop's mind.

I always forget that you did not witness Pop's handling of Tony in his rookie year. That represents a completely different model than the one you describe. Pop just handed Tony the keys when he was every bit as raw as Dijon and chewed him out and coached him up during every stoppage of play. It was rough on Tony, but it worked.

SAGirl
03-30-2017, 06:31 PM
Parker doesn't fit with the bench unit at all. If Parker comes off the bench, he may be playing with Simmons, Anderson, Lee/Bertans, & Gasol.

That's three bad defenders, three low volume 3pt shooters, & one non shooter (Lee; not so much of an issue).

People keep saying the Spurs should let Mills walk but there isn't a viable alternative. Murray playing north of 21 mpg next season is a pretty big step and a big responsibility.

I would try and keep Mills, let Simmons walk, hope Dedmon returns (and takes the 4 year, $36 million MLE, with a player option for the 4th year), hope Manu returns and ,maybe, bring back Lee if possible.

Guards:
Wings:
Leonard, Anderson,

Bigs:
Letting Simmons go and instead drafting or signing a cheaper FA wing who is a shooter is the better option if they move Tony to the bench.

SAGirl
03-30-2017, 06:34 PM
I always forget that you did not witness Pop's handling of Tony in his rookie year. That represents a completely different model than the one you describe. Pop just handed Tony the keys when he was every bit as raw as Dijon and chewed him out and coached him up during every stoppage of play. It was rough on Tony, but it worked.
Yes, good point,:tu my perspective on Pop is very recent. You might very well be right in that case.
If this Tony of the past couple of games is the one that shows up in the playoffs Pop will have to do what you say. That is something I have no frame of reference for.:toast

TD 21
03-30-2017, 06:59 PM

Parker wasn't replacing someone with anyone near his pedigree though and they'd have to go into the off season planning to start Murray from the beginning because the bench would need to be somewhat remade for Parker to fit with it.

If Mills isn't re-signed, I'm not at all opposed to going down this road (a Parker-Mills backup back court isn't feasible), but I also think people are getting carried away with Murray. He's got a long way to go just to be a rotation player, let alone a starter and especially one for a team with championship aspirations. He's also nowhere near some can't miss prospect. He could easily top out as a backup or even a fringe player.

It's also easy for us to say demote or altogether get rid of Parker, but much more difficult in reality given what he's done for the organization and the relationship they have with him.

Play Boban
03-30-2017, 07:06 PM
When Manu was Porker's age he was scoring over 20 per game against Memphis in the playoffs. :wow

r0drig0lac
03-30-2017, 07:11 PM

haha great

sasaint
03-30-2017, 07:23 PM
Parker wasn't replacing someone with anyone near his pedigree though and they'd have to go into the off season planning to start Murray from the beginning because the bench would need to be somewhat remade for Parker to fit with it.

If Mills isn't re-signed, I'm not at all opposed to going down this road (a Parker-Mills backup back court isn't feasible), but I also think people are getting carried away with Murray. He's got a long way to go just to be a rotation player, let alone a starter and especially one for a team with championship aspirations. He's also nowhere near some can't miss prospect. He could easily top out as a backup or even a fringe player.

It's also easy for us to say demote or altogether get rid of Parker, but much more difficult in reality given what he's done for the organization and the relationship they have with him.

Imo arguments such as this ignore the present reality that Tony is no longer a reliable PG in the NBA. They really boil down to this: the Spurs will/should ignore the present reality and sacrifice the good of the team on the altar of loyalty to an individual. I believe that PATFO owe a greater respect to the organization.

ElNono
03-30-2017, 07:26 PM

Also, the game was different then... much more reliant on bigs (TD/Shaq in their primes), the 3-peat champs Lakers were starting Derek Fisher... You had some good PGs in the league like Kidd, Nash, AI and Marbury, but now that position is loaded and much more dynamic, tbh...

cd98
03-30-2017, 07:27 PM

Yea, but with their shooters , they can move the ball like no one else and create unguardable space. Spurs were at the mercy of their shooters.

ElNono
03-30-2017, 07:29 PM
Imo arguments such as this ignore the present reality that Tony is no longer a reliable PG in the NBA. They really boil down to this: the Spurs will/should ignore the present reality and sacrifice the good of the team on the altar of loyalty to an individual. I believe that PATFO owe a greater respect to the organization.

Actually, I think Pop probably feels he owes a bigger respect to Kawhi/LMA (just like he did with TD), which is why it would make little sense for him to go out there with a rook in such a loaded position in the NBA.

Unless they're really high on Murray, as somebody up there said, and really think he can fit the bill to the point of convincing the stars, I think they might look elsewhere or just keep starting Tony while giving Murray an extended audition.

sasaint
03-30-2017, 07:31 PM
Yea, but with their shooters , they can move the ball like no one else and create unguardable space. Spurs were at the mercy of their shooters.

Exactly. Completely inspired by the "Beautiful Game."

TD 21
03-30-2017, 07:32 PM

No, they don't. I said, if Mills isn't re-signed, I'm not at all opposed to Murray starting (again, because Parker-Mills can't work together). I'm just saying, all of this is easier said than done as a fan. Pop never had to move away from Duncan and he more than likely never will with Ginobili. It's going to take a certain amount of finesse to do so with Parker without souring the relationship. Fans might not care about that, but the organization will.

It's also presumptuous to say this is for the "good of the team" since we don't know that starting Murray would make the team better and it's not like there's not another way to get him into the rotation.

Also, the game was different then... much more reliant on bigs (TD/Shaq in their primes), the 3-peat champs Lakers were starting Derek Fisher... You had some good PGs in the league like Kidd, Nash, AI and Marbury, but now that position is loaded and much more dynamic, tbh...

:tu

sasaint
03-30-2017, 07:40 PM
Actually, I think Pop probably feels he owes a bigger respect to Kawhi/LMA (just like he did with TD), which is why it would make little sense for him to go out there with a rook in such a loaded position in the NBA.

Unless they're really high on Murray, as somebody up there said, and really think he can fit the bill to the point of convincing the stars, I think they might look elsewhere or just keep starting Tony while giving Murray an extended audition.

My take is: Actually, I think Pop probably feels he owes a bigger respect to Kawhi/LMA (just like he did with TD), which is why it would make little sense for him to go out there with Tony in such a loaded position in the NBA.

You believe the broken down, unreliable, oft-injured veteran represents our best option. I believe the raw, relatively unknown youngster represents our best option. We will just have to disagree and see which way PATFO go next season.

sasaint
03-30-2017, 07:56 PM
No, they don't. I said, if Mills isn't re-signed, I'm not at all opposed to Murray starting (again, because Parker-Mills can't work together). I'm just saying, all of this is easier said than done as a fan. Pop never had to move away from Duncan and he more than likely never will with Ginobili. It's going to take a certain amount of finesse to do so with Parker without souring the relationship. Fans might not care about that, but the organization will.

It's also presumptuous to say this is for the "good of the team" since we don't know that starting Murray would make the team better and it's not like there's not another way to get him into the rotation.

The present reality is that Tony, when not injured, gets a ceremonial start and minutes thereafter as justified by his start. Patty is the go-to guy in crunch time, which is more than evident in Tony's countenance when he is sitting on the bench at those times - times that were once his. He has been relegated to this role much to his chagrin and without finesse. (Surely you haven't forgotten the much-posted gif of Pop running down the sideline yelling at Tony to give the ball to Kawhi...) After this season I am not sure how much Tony would object to being moved OR how much finesse would be necessary to move him. For the first time in many years I think it is not unlikely.

ElNono
03-30-2017, 09:50 PM
My take is: Actually, I think Pop probably feels he owes a bigger respect to Kawhi/LMA (just like he did with TD), which is why it would make little sense for him to go out there with Tony in such a loaded position in the NBA.

You believe the broken down, unreliable, oft-injured veteran represents our best option. I believe the raw, relatively unknown youngster represents our best option. We will just have to disagree and see which way PATFO go next season.

Well, there's the option to go out there and get a seasoned PG too, especially if Patty bolts. I do see that as a more likely option. But we'll see. I'm not particularly against your idea, just feel that you're going to be disappointed with the expectation that Murray will have a larger role (ie: starting).

baseline bum
03-30-2017, 09:55 PM
It's Warriors time right now ( like it was ours in the 00's) and we are the Suns/Mavs of the mid 00's. It is what is it.

Sorry man, Spurs still got a ring recently so I don't want to see any Suns comparisons. :lol

baseline bum
03-30-2017, 10:03 PM
Tony isn't going anywhere. Best case is he's coming off the bench. He said he wants to play till he's 40...

If he's putting up O-fers at 34 wtf is he going to be doing at 40? I've had gallons of milk that aged better.

sasaint
03-30-2017, 10:06 PM
Well, there's the option to go out there and get a seasoned PG too, especially if Patty bolts. I do see that as a more likely option. But we'll see. I'm not particularly against your idea, just feel that you're going to be disappointed with the expectation that Murray will have a larger role (ie: starting).

Chinook has posted Spurs salaries against cap projections for next season which are not very positive. I don't remember precisely, but just to bring George Hill back, the Spurs would have to forget about bringing back Patty and Dedmon and Simmons (and probably Lee) iirc. So, bringing in a "seasoned" PG also presents plenty of problems, depending on how much seasoning you want to buy. Imo the Spurs will need to consider bringing in some PG from Europe or an NBA reclamation project if the Spurs are to address other needs like SG and backup SF.

outmap
03-31-2017, 01:01 AM
Did I miss something with Rose? Why is he getting mentioned?
Poor shooter, doesn't get to the line and poor defender.

Because 1. DRose, although a poor shooter and injury prone, is still better and younger than TP and 2. he said money isn't a concern, maybe he can be had for the MLE.

TD 21
03-31-2017, 05:01 PM
The present reality is that Tony, when not injured, gets a ceremonial start and minutes thereafter as justified by his start. Patty is the go-to guy in crunch time, which is more than evident in Tony's countenance when he is sitting on the bench at those times - times that were once his. He has been relegated to this role much to his chagrin and without finesse. (Surely you haven't forgotten the much-posted gif of Pop running down the sideline yelling at Tony to give the ball to Kawhi...) After this season I am not sure how much Tony would object to being moved OR how much finesse would be necessary to move him. For the first time in many years I think it is not unlikely.

Crunch time minutes are determined by whether Parker looks competent. If he does, he still generally closes, unless Mills is on fire. Either way, that's different from the role many want to see.

Parker has always wanted to be a Spur for life, I suspect he thought he'd age well enough that this wouldn't even be a question and he'd more than likely be crushed if it doesn't end up that way.

Leetonidas
03-31-2017, 05:35 PM
Spurs already have their PG. Murray will be in the gym with Kawhi all summer, book it. He will be starting within 20 games next season imo

spursistan
03-31-2017, 09:42 PM
If Parker is our starting PG next season :lmao..

MultiTroll
03-31-2017, 09:53 PM
blowing a pick on Forbes...really costly, showed up tonight vs OKC big time.
Porker n Patty cannot hang with bigger OKC.

Robz4000
03-31-2017, 10:06 PM
blowing a pick on Forbes...really costly, showed up tonight vs OKC big time.
Porker n Patty cannot hang with bigger OKC.

They didn't use a pick on Forbes; he went undrafted.

MultiTroll
03-31-2017, 10:15 PM
They didn't use a pick on Forbes; he went undrafted.
Ok well, blowing a roster spot.
Ditto Joel Anthony.

Golden adds a little juice in Matt Barnes.

vander
03-31-2017, 11:43 PM

Guards:
Wings:
Leonard, Anderson,

Bigs:

But parker is going be here and get minutes no matter what, only choice is whether bench or starter. Mills will only take minutes from Murray, cost too much, and not play any better D than Parker.

cd021
04-01-2017, 09:50 PM
But parker is going be here and get minutes no matter what, only choice is whether bench or starter. Mills will only take minutes from Murray, cost too much, and not play any better D than Parker.

Mills is absolutely a better defender than Parker, do people really think that? He's 6'0, there's a size disadvantage but I consider him to be generally pretty solid.

It's really up to PATFO if they want to pony up the cash to retain Mills; the options seems to be bad team/ big payday or stay with the Spurs for a slightly less of a payday.

Brooklyn is apparently going after KCP while Philly will go hard after Lowry. Hopefully the Spurs can come in strong at 12:00am and try and make it a done deal. I expect him to get 4 years, $48-50 million. Murray can play the 2 guard if Manu retires and Simmons is out. The Spurs would still have a massive backup frontline in the scenario I laid out (Anderson, Lee/Bertans, Gasol)

cd021
04-01-2017, 10:01 PM
When Manu was Porker's age he was scoring over 20 per game against Memphis in the playoffs. :wow

with a fractured arm and against prime Tony Allen...

cd021
04-01-2017, 10:02 PM
Because 1. DRose, although a poor shooter and injury prone, is still better and younger than TP and 2. he said money isn't a concern, maybe he can be had for the MLE.

If Dedmon turns it down, then it would still be a no for me. Just not very good and an inefficient scoring PG

cd021
04-01-2017, 10:05 PM
CoJo is expendable apparently, would love to have him back. Not really a way to do it, can't make the salaries work and Toronto would be trying to shed salary.

Play Boban
04-01-2017, 10:28 PM
:bobo

Hoops Czar
04-01-2017, 10:37 PM

And 15,000 less minutes than Tony. Manu and Timmy got a lot of the credit and deservedly so but, Tony's was the workhorse all those year. Not everyone can come off the bench for their entire career.

TheDoctor
04-01-2017, 11:01 PM

#Legend.

SASdynasty!
04-01-2017, 11:05 PM
On bad shooting...probably why we lost in 6 tbh. Also probably why Pop sent him to the bench the rest of his career.

Play Boban
04-01-2017, 11:42 PM
On bad shooting...probably why we lost in 6 tbh. Also probably why Pop sent him to the bench the rest of his career.
:rollin Delusional Porkerfan is delusional. :rollin

Manu had a PER of 22.3 in that series. Try again. Does Porker pay you to spread this BS propaganda? Maybe in free Whataburgers? :lol

cd021
04-02-2017, 06:26 AM
Ok well, blowing a roster spot.
Ditto Joel Anthony.

Golden adds a little juice in Matt Barnes.

Advanced stats say pretty definitely that Barnes hasn't been a good or average NBA for 5 years. Forbes is and was worth the look, he can flat out shoot, taking a flyer with the 14th roster spot isn't really a big deal. I am not really sure why Joel was retained though

ace3g
04-02-2017, 12:02 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski @WojVerticalNBA
(https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA) 1m (https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/848580843660492800)
New York's Derrick Rose has suffered a torn meniscus in his knee and will miss remainder of the season, league sources tell @TheVertical (https://twitter.com/TheVertical/).

SASdynasty!
04-02-2017, 01:51 PM
For 2017 we should bring Parker's usage down even more. Maybe we'll go from NBA champions to lottery team in 3 short years.

PopTheGOAT
04-02-2017, 03:12 PM
The best move for immediate success is to sign Hill. If we want to build for the future, throw Murray into the fire

DAF86
04-02-2017, 04:18 PM

Actually, the reason we lost in 6 that series is probably Manu missing game 1, game where we gave up HC and never got it back.

SASdynasty!
04-02-2017, 05:23 PM
My plan: get Parker more usage. He's still got 1-2 good years left if you let him be a significant part of the offense. If not, have fun with another second round exit, tbh.

BillMc
04-09-2017, 07:55 AM
The best move for immediate success is to sign Hill. If we want to build for the future, throw Murray into the fire

cutewizard
04-09-2017, 10:15 AM
Dedmon at center,

Lamarcus and Bertans at forwards

Kawhi and Murray at guards,

-------------------------------------------------------

is this possible>????

kaji157
04-09-2017, 10:17 AM
Dedmon at center,

Lamarcus and Bertans at forwards

Kawhi and Murray at guards,

-------------------------------------------------------

is this possible>????

I think Bertans will be abused by most 3`s in the league. And he definitelly cannot cover most 2īs.

coachmac87
04-09-2017, 10:23 AM
We saw who should be our PG last night...CP3

MaNu4Tres
04-09-2017, 12:05 PM
We saw who should be our PG last night...CP3

I have a better chance to be the PG than CP3. CP3 to SA is not happening.

coachmac87
04-09-2017, 12:23 PM
I have a better chance to be the PG than CP3. CP3 to SA is not happening.

If you haven't learned from the past year or so expect the unexpected...

Woj brought it up last offseason. Which means there's truth to the mutual interest....besides LAC where would Paul sign? Or just like Durant he's a lock to resign and take the money?

Pocho La Pantera
04-09-2017, 12:32 PM
Who cares? We need Vintage Tony if we want to win it all.

gambit1990
04-09-2017, 01:29 PM
hopefully the clippers get smashed in the 1st round, which will undoubtedly cause some drama and possibly a shake up.

spurs would move tp to get cp3.

BillMc
04-09-2017, 01:34 PM
hopefully the clippers get smashed in the 1st round, which will undoubtedly cause some drama and possibly a shake up.

spurs would move tp to get cp3.

With the new CBA the money Paul would give up to go to the Spurs (even if they had the cap space) would be staggering. I't not going to happen.

gambit1990
04-09-2017, 01:46 PM
With the new CBA the money Paul would give up to go to the Spurs (even if they had the cap space) would be staggering. I't not going to happen.
idk how much a rough estimate of the money he would be leaving behind would be so it's hard for me fully grasp the concept.

cp3 has got to be tired of losing though... spurs are a successful franchise... cp3, kawhi, lma all part of team jordan. maybe there's a friendship there.

then again, the clippers would probably let cp3 pick their next coach.

ace3g
04-09-2017, 01:57 PM
George Hill just for the irony of having Hill, Kawhi, and Bertans on the court at the same time.

gambit1990
04-09-2017, 01:58 PM
i'll start shaun livingston over parker.

make it happen rc.

BillMc
04-09-2017, 03:50 PM
idk how much a rough estimate of the money he would be leaving behind would be so it's hard for me fully grasp the concept.

cp3 has got to be tired of losing though... spurs are a successful franchise... cp3, kawhi, lma all part of team jordan. maybe there's a friendship there.

then again, the clippers would probably let cp3 pick their next coach.

Chinook could tell you better than I, but I think its about 50 million.

GSH
04-09-2017, 04:03 PM
George Hill just for the irony of having Hill, Kawhi, and Bertans on the court at the same time.

Bring over Adam Hanga and we would have the superfecta.

Seriously, the "plan" is to pay Parker $14.5M, push Murray, keep Forbes on the roster, and part time in Austin, like CoJo. And maybe find a steady old fossil who will sign for $4-6M.

spursistan
04-09-2017, 04:09 PM
George Hill is 31 and has missed 34 games this season already..Hometown discount? Yes..But he isn't good enough for me to give him a max deal..

MaNu4Tres
04-09-2017, 05:39 PM
George Hill is 31 and has missed 34 games this season already..Hometown discount? Yes..But he isn't good enough for me to give him a max deal..

Me either. Not close. I don't want Hill, due to his age.

Parker - Murray - vet min. PG/ Forbes ( Murray - Parker - Forbes - vet min. PG by AS break tbh)
Green - Draft, vet or Simmons, Hanga.
Kawhi - Bertans ( move him to the 3 Pop).

Kyle getting traded to Orlando for their 34th pick in the summer..tbh

apalisoc_9
04-09-2017, 05:54 PM
Pdobably Murray so we cal let go of mills and sign teodosic for a Manu and PG role insurance. He's good enough of an offball player and probalt the only guy willing tl sign a 1+1.

TD 21
04-09-2017, 06:08 PM
http://news4sanantonio.com/sports/spurs-zone/report-spurs-not-chasing-cska-guard-milos-teodosic

If that's true and they think Mills will get the massive offer(s) that so many of you think and either isn't willing to pull a Green or they'd just prefer to devote resources elsewhere, they might pursue Joseph, who's likely to be collateral damage in the Raptors quest to duck the tax after they re-sign Lowry and Ibaka.

I could see the Hawks, in need of a solid backup and armed with 2nds from the Nets and Suns, being interested too, so he probably costs the 29th pick or a future 1st.

He hasn't had a great season and obviously isn't a legit starter, but he'd buy some time as a bridge between Parker and Murray and with his improved three-point shooting and size, he could get by playing some alongside either too.

apalisoc_9
04-09-2017, 06:12 PM
http://news4sanantonio.com/sports/spurs-zone/report-spurs-not-chasing-cska-guard-milos-teodosic

If that's true and they think Mills will get the massive offer(s) that so many of you think and either isn't willing to pull a Green or they'd just prefer to devote resources elsewhere, they might pursue Joseph, who's likely to be collateral damage in the Raptors quest to duck the tax after they re-sign Lowry and Ibaka.

I could see the Hawks, in need of a solid backup and armed with 2nds from the Nets and Suns, being interested too, so he probably costs the 29th pick or a future 1st.

He hasn't had a great season and obviously isn't a legit starter, but he'd buy some time as a bridge between Parker and Murray and with his improved three-point shooting and size, he could get by playing some alongside either too.

Joseph has inproved a lot. He's had a some eye poping game with lowry out but its evident he struggles to play with Derozan. He's just not good offball.

So unless Jospeh is willing to comeback to San Antonio and play 15mpg, its not going to work.

TD 21
04-09-2017, 06:31 PM
Joseph has inproved a lot. He's had a some eye poping game with lowry out but its evident he struggles to play with Derozan. He's just not good offball.

So unless Jospeh is willing to comeback to San Antonio and play 15mpg, its not going to work.

Now that he's become a respectable three-point shooter, I view Joseph as a younger, cheaper, worse version of Hill. He still defers too much, but that would probably be less of an issue on a team with one ball dominant perimeter player as opposed to two.

He's not a free agent, so he wouldn't have a say either way, but I'm talking about starting him for a season or two until hopefully Murray is ready and then retaining him as the long term backup.