PDA

View Full Version : Could Pop learn something from Kerr?

SpursforSix
03-30-2017, 10:05 AM
Pop is widely considered a great coach. But as time goes on, I wonder more and more how much of the Spurs success was simply having Duncan on the court. Could Pop throw anyone out on the floor with TD and it would have worked? I give the FO all the credit for finding guys like Manu and Parker. But did Pop get in a habit of tinkering and thinking that he was always making the right decision?

And now that he's older, is he still able (or willing) to acknowledge that he might be wrong at time?

The fact is that as people get older, they stagnate and even regress sometimes. I don't think it's any different in coaching.

Kerr is younger and certainly has good experience (as a player and a coach). I don't think it's a stretch to say that at this point in time, he's more effective than Pop.

TheGreatYacht
03-30-2017, 10:09 AM
Kerr's timing with timeouts when they have the lead is perfect. Took the land whale crowd out of the game.

Meanwhile our senile coach calls timeouts for the other team when we're on a run.

MultiTroll
03-30-2017, 10:34 AM
Would Kerr tutor Pop in the offseason for old times sake?

Or could we have a SpursTalk garage sale or bake sale / booze sale with proceeds going to the Kerr tutoring Pop fund?