PDA

View Full Version : It was just one game calm down... Spurs will bounce back..

illusioNtEk
03-30-2017, 05:01 PM
The amount of depressing threads and post by many of you so-called Spurs fans is really something else...

So yea we had a bad game and so did the Warriors... remember the first game of the season?? They worked hard and fought back.

We will come back... I know Parker will come back to form soon, LMA will be dominate once the post season starts. We gotta believe and not give up. You gotta fight thru it and continue to work hard. I know pop will get these guys ready.

Go Spurs Go!!!

MultiTroll
03-30-2017, 05:09 PM
https://img.clipartfest.com/68930f3d69bc1f735331425c0957ad6c_-man-behind-the-curtain-the-man-behind-the-curtain-clipart_480-360.jpeg
Spurs are doing fine. Pop is in control. Another Championship is coming up.

ulosturedge
03-30-2017, 05:15 PM
No shit. You would think the sky is falling with all the posts after last night lol. Pop did his bullshit again. I'm kind of getting tired of it. I mean by now I would think these teams know each other pretty well by now. Why keep trying to hide shit. Parker was guarding Curry all night not Kawhi, Klay Thompson going off while Danny Green is wasting away on the bench, Fat head playing more then usual minutes, ect. It's typical Pop bullshit i'm telling you.

I'm thinking Pop figured we weren't going to get that first seed anyways. Say we win that game. If GS wins out we still fall short. And you know the Spurs probably lose another game somewhere at the end of the schedule because they always have some type of let down.

rjv
03-30-2017, 05:22 PM
this is ST. home of know it all arm chair coaches, GMs, players and self-flagellating fans. what else would you expect?

I. Hustle
03-30-2017, 05:29 PM
Yeah. I think Pop got more pissed that we were winning by such a large margin. He went into panic mode. "Lee, Fathead, you there! Get your asses out there and get the Warriors back in this game!!"
Then when Kawhi came back to the bench it was "Kawhi... my sweet Kawhi. Get your double digit scoring and then just let them. These poor guys are getting blocked by the rim, missing multiple dunks and throwing the ball WAY over the rim. I already instructed Danny to throw a pass to a fan since one of them already did it."

Darius Bieber
03-30-2017, 05:30 PM
Spurs are trash, everyone knows it.

cd98
03-30-2017, 05:32 PM
It wasn't just another game. The Spurs wanted it bad and lost. For the 5 or so regular season games that mean something, this is one. Shows how their small ball can expose our big lineups and how they can suffocate Kawhi and our guards. Also shows they are supremely confident they can beat us whenever, wherever.

I. Hustle
03-30-2017, 05:36 PM
So say we do win. Then do we push hard and try to get the one seed even though it's more than likely that it doesn't happen? So we go hard for the remaining games and then still don't get it, what then? We just wasted all that energy and risked potential injury to wind up in the same exact position we are already in.

I'm not saying that they lost on purpose but it didn't really look to me like Pop wanted it all that bad.

tlongII
03-30-2017, 05:38 PM
The Spurs are doomed. Doomed.

benefactor
03-30-2017, 05:45 PM
this is ST. home of know it all arm chair coaches, GMs, players and self-flagellating fans. what else would you expect?
tbh

Arcadian
03-30-2017, 05:57 PM
Yeah, we still won the season series...

TD 21
03-30-2017, 05:59 PM

Yeah, it's called a message board.

lefty20
03-30-2017, 06:00 PM

You pretty much described every single team fan forum that exists on the webs of the inter variety, tbh.

Horse
03-30-2017, 06:06 PM
Yeah we beat them and it was a fluke they beat us and the season is over. You will never find a worse group of cliff jumping faggots than good old spurstalk.

sasaint
03-30-2017, 06:18 PM
It wasn't just another game. The Spurs wanted it bad and lost. For the 5 or so regular season games that mean something, this is one. Shows how their small ball can expose our big lineups and how they can suffocate Kawhi and our guards. Also shows they are supremely confident they can beat us whenever, wherever.

I said in the game thread that the Spurs started this game playing with more intensity than any game I could remember. They threw a knockout punch but only succeeded in staggering the Dubs. That level of intensity, though not sustainable, indicates how badly the Spurs did want this game.

UZER
03-30-2017, 06:22 PM
This is what Pop really is, not some genius mastermind. All this CIA Pop stuff is overblown.

i6TQ7ljcsjk

December Romo
03-30-2017, 06:46 PM
Yeah, it's called a message board.
Yeah, and you have a vagina the size of the Grand Canyon.

SpursforSix
03-30-2017, 06:53 PM
This is what Pop really is, not some genius mastermind. All this CIA Pop stuff is overblown.

:pop: how am I supposed to care about basketball when Magic's son can't use the women's restroom?!?

daslicer
03-30-2017, 06:58 PM
They won without Durant but I say who cares. I have seen the Spurs beat elite teams during the regular season in the past without a key member of the big 3. In 2012 the Spurs beat the Thunder without the big 3 in OKC but still ended up losing to them in the playoffs. Granted the Warriors are the favorites against the Spurs in the playoff series but I still think the WCF matchup with them would go at least 6 games.

Play Boban
03-30-2017, 07:11 PM
When Manu was Porker's age he was scoring over 20 per game against Memphis in the playoffs. :wow

Play Boban
03-30-2017, 07:11 PM
:pop: how am I supposed to care about basketball when Magic's son can't use the women's restroom?!?

:lol

Dex
03-30-2017, 07:34 PM
Typical SpursTalk. Blowing their nut over one regular season game and trying to make playoff predictions out of it.

Frankly, I'm glad to have the pressure of the #1 seed off our back. The only team it would have given us an advantage over is Golden State, and frankly..the Spurs have played worse at home all season anyways. Having to go into their house isn't the end of the world.

But don't listen to my nonsense logic. Let's all freak out over 1/82 of the schedule like a bunch of pussy chicken littles.

The games don't matter until the playoffs start.

Dex
03-30-2017, 07:35 PM
So say we do win. Then do we push hard and try to get the one seed even though it's more than likely that it doesn't happen? So we go hard for the remaining games and then still don't get it, what then? We just wasted all that energy and risked potential injury to wind up in the same exact position we are already in.

I'm not saying that they lost on purpose but it didn't really look to me like Pop wanted it all that bad.

Blessing in disguise. Coast the rest of the regular season and let's get geared up for the big show!

Chews
03-30-2017, 10:36 PM

Holy shit... talk about over-analyzing.

cd98
03-30-2017, 10:40 PM
No sweat. We saw exactly how to beat GSW in the first quarter last night. All we need is for Green to shoot 65% from three and LMA score in the post for 4 games while GSW miss all their shots. Piece of cake. It was brilliant of Pop to pull that strategy after the first quarter so Kerr couldn't figure it out.

Chews
03-30-2017, 10:42 PM
lol this guy must be hormonal. goes from one extreme to the other :lol

Keepin' it real
03-30-2017, 11:02 PM
It was just one game calm down

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/27/27cdc24ba63b54fba7c111b3fc863fadd072abd077623a58ea 4f86d83aad5c3a.jpg

I. Hustle
03-31-2017, 08:46 AM
No sweat. We saw exactly how to beat GSW in the first quarter last night. All we need is for Green to shoot 65% from three and LMA score in the post for 4 games while GSW miss all their shots. Piece of cake. It was brilliant of Pop to pull that strategy after the first quarter so Kerr couldn't figure it out.

That's stupid and you know it. If you are going to jump ship then just go buy your Curry jersey and be done with it. We know they aren't going to miss like they were and Danny isn't going to hit at that rate. I think most people were upset that Pop didn't keep that squad in and run up the score even more. Most fans knew that the Dubs were going to make a run.

Oh and you're a bitch.

urunobili
03-31-2017, 08:47 AM
It's the careless body language they displayed starting the 2nd quarter that concerns me...

I. Hustle
03-31-2017, 08:51 AM
It's the careless body language they displayed starting the 2nd quarter that concerns me...

There you go. I agree with that too. They came out like they already had the game won. You just know they were getting lit up in film session.

rjv
03-31-2017, 09:37 AM
You pretty much described every single team fan forum that exists on the webs of the inter variety, tbh. well yeah. i assumed my statement was tautological. fans are know-it-alls.

Arcadian
03-31-2017, 11:24 AM
No shit. You would think the sky is falling with all the posts after last night lol. Pop did his bullshit again. I'm kind of getting tired of it. I mean by now I would think these teams know each other pretty well by now. Why keep trying to hide shit. Parker was guarding Curry all night not Kawhi, Klay Thompson going off while Danny Green is wasting away on the bench, Fat head playing more then usual minutes, ect. It's typical Pop bullshit i'm telling you.

I'm thinking Pop figured we weren't going to get that first seed anyways. Say we win that game. If GS wins out we still fall short. And you know the Spurs probably lose another game somewhere at the end of the schedule because they always have some type of let down.

I'm gonna say it's more on the players than Pop. When you build a 22 point lead and blow it...that's on the players. No amount of abysmal coaching should be enough to blow a 22 point lead if the players are doing their jobs. Of course, any coach will tell you they hate having a 20+ point lead in the 1st quarter (against a good team), because that leads to complacency, and it's almost guaranteed that the other team is going to make a run. Why? Regression to the mean. When one team starts out shooting on fire and the other team can't make a shot, both of those percentages are going to drift back toward the average across a larger number of shots taken.

hater
03-31-2017, 11:34 AM
LOL the Spurs didnt build a 22 point lead

The Worriers built it brick by brick and TO by TO. It was all worriers. Spurs didnt do anything special the first few minutea

Spurs were actually missing lots of shots and playing badly the lead ahould have been about 30+ points insyeas of 22

There is really nothing to take away from this game wxcept Manu has absolutely no business guarding Klay and Lee should not go 1-1 va West. West will kill him everytime

Oh and we better hope Ethiopantula doesnt fully recover cause ptherwise we will have zero shot in hell. It will be a worriers sweep if somehow we make it to the WCFs

rjv
03-31-2017, 11:52 AM

The Worriers built it brick by brick and TO by TO. It was all worriers. Spurs didnt do anything special the first few minutea

Spurs were actually missing lots of shots and playing badly the lead ahould have been about 30+ points insyeas of 22

There is really nothing to take away from this game wxcept Manu has absolutely no business guarding Klay and Lee should not go 1-1 va West. West will kill him everytime

Oh and we better hope Ethiopantula doesnt fully recover cause ptherwise we will have zero shot in hell. It will be a worriers sweep if somehow we make it to the WCFs i agree. other than green and LA (initially), the spurs didn't look all that good. as you mentioned, they should have built the lead to close to 30. i kept thinking that once GS started taking care of the ball and hitting some shots they would close the gap. then, when our bench came in it all fell apart very quickly. from that point on, it was all warriors.

sasaint
03-31-2017, 11:57 AM
I'm gonna say it's more on the players than Pop. When you build a 22 point lead and blow it...that's on the players. No amount of abysmal coaching should be enough to blow a 22 point lead if the players are doing their jobs. Of course, any coach will tell you they hate having a 20+ point lead in the 1st quarter (against a good team), because that leads to complacency, and it's almost guaranteed that the other team is going to make a run. Why? Regression to the mean. When one team starts out shooting on fire and the other team can't make a shot, both of those percentages are going to drift back toward the average across a larger number of shots taken.

I think anybody who has watched the NBA for any time at all is somewhat apprehensive when his team races out to a big lead. In this instance that lead was an even greater mirage than usual. I haven't checked the first quarter stats, but I don't think the Spurs' big lead was due to the team's shooting. As I watched, it seemed to me that the team actually shot a pedestrian percentage - aside from Danny. The Spurs got numerous second chance points, had uncharacteristicly quick hands on D, were excellent at protecting the rim, and generally played at an intensity level that was also uncharacteristic and unsustainable. After the first quarter the Spurs didn't so much regress to the mean as crash into the abyss.

Horse
03-31-2017, 12:34 PM

Oh and we better hope Ethiopantula doesnt fully recover cause ptherwise we will have zero shot in hell. It will be a worriers sweep if somehow we make it to the WCFs
Well I would give some credit to the defense and yes they shot poorly which means they can play better a lot better.

Horse
03-31-2017, 12:35 PM
And the 2nd chance points aren't going anywhere that's our biggest advantage.

dabom
03-31-2017, 01:11 PM
That's stupid and you know it. If you are going to jump ship then just go buy your Curry jersey and be done with it. We know they aren't going to miss like they were and Danny isn't going to hit at that rate. I think most people were upset that Pop didn't keep that squad in and run up the score even more. Most fans knew that the Dubs were going to make a run.

Oh and you're a bitch.

:lol

BillMc
03-31-2017, 02:10 PM
And even if we win, if we win, HAH! Even if we win! Even if we play so far above our heads that our noses bleed for a week to ten days; even if God in Heaven above comes down and points his hand at our side of the field; even if every man woman and child held hands together and prayed for us to win, it just wouldn't matter because all the really good looking girls would still go out with the guys from Mohawk because they've got all the money! It just doesn't matter if we win or we lose. IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER!

Arcadian
03-31-2017, 07:22 PM
I think anybody who has watched the NBA for any time at all is somewhat apprehensive when his team races out to a big lead. In this instance that lead was an even greater mirage than usual. I haven't checked the first quarter stats, but I don't think the Spurs' big lead was due to the team's shooting. As I watched, it seemed to me that the team actually shot a pedestrian percentage - aside from Danny. The Spurs got numerous second chance points, had uncharacteristicly quick hands on D, were excellent at protecting the rim, and generally played at an intensity level that was also uncharacteristic and unsustainable. After the first quarter the Spurs didn't so much regress to the mean as crash into the abyss.

That's an interesting spin, but if they aren't normally quick on D or good at protecting the rim, then that is the mean to which they regressed. Perhaps their mean is to be burned by the Warriors.

Hoops Czar
03-31-2017, 08:19 PM
It's just been 2 years, calm down. Spurs will bounce back.

dabom
03-31-2017, 08:19 PM
It's just been 2 years, calm down. Spurs will bounce back.

5 rings faggot. :lmao

Hoops Czar
03-31-2017, 08:30 PM
5 rings faggot. :lmao

Thanks Duncan, Ginobili and Parker for the memories.