PDA

View Full Version : NBA: of Today

DMC
04-01-2017, 04:18 PM
Harden, Westbrook and Durant (if healthy) are likely the top 3 MVP candidates in the league, if not then at least top 5 (Kawhi and Lebron have a case with Isaiah Thomas around 6 or 7). So these three guys on the court together again, back on the same team (pick the team), do they win a ring?

I say no, because there's only one basketball and neither of them defend. I do think KD - Harden combo would be strong, but you have to defend.

This is what the NBA has become, where the top talent in the league takes half the game off because they only focus on the fan demand, scoring. Defense wins but every team has fans, and most teams don't win shit. That means fans care about scoring, not just winning. The 76ers wouldn't have a single fan if they cared about winning. Oh they'll take a win if they can get it and you'll see some 76ers trolls here if they ever do win, but right now the only two people that should be in discussion for MVP are Kawhi and Lebron. No one way player should ever be considered unless he's so fucking good that he doesn't need to defend, because he never misses (I can only think of a couple in history I would put there, neither Harden nor Westbrook nor Durant (though his defense has improved). Harden and Westbrook are league laughing stocks on defense, and yet one of them will likely win the MVP.

These guys all play for contract negotiation talking points and endorsement deals.

Today's NBA :lmao

hater
04-01-2017, 04:37 PM
Hardon, chimp and Ethiopantula would win 1 ring easily

Just too much firepower

Repeating would be hard but if worriers can do it why not they could too

DMC
04-01-2017, 05:05 PM
Hardon, chimp and Ethiopantula would win 1 ring easily

Just too much firepower

Repeating would be hard but if worriers can do it why not they could too

How are they any different than they were in OKC together? They'd have to be on the floor at the same time, and you'd have 3 people who cannot defend. If you want to put some DPOY level defenders with them, that's different, but just put someone like Anus Cancer and maybe a Trevor Ariza type.

hater
04-02-2017, 09:55 AM
How are they any different than they were in OKC together? They'd have to be on the floor at the same time, and you'd have 3 people who cannot defend. If you want to put some DPOY level defenders with them, that's different, but just put someone like Anus Cancer and maybe a Trevor Ariza type.

How is Kawhi a different player from his first 3 years?

There is something in the nba called a "veteran" its pretty valuable

Them 3 would win their first ring easily. But repeating would be tough as they would have to all 3 share the spotlight.

DMC
04-02-2017, 11:51 AM
How is Kawhi a different player from his first 3 years?

There is something in the nba called a "veteran" its pretty valuable

Them 3 would win their first ring easily. But repeating would be tough as they would have to all 3 share the spotlight.

They'd have to share the spotlight in the 1st year as well. How would that change in year 2?

Leonard developed an offensive game. Neither James nor Russ has developed defense. In fact, James Harden's defense has regressed. Russ as well. You're just using their individual numbers to say they'd win, but team isn't about what one guy can do with the ball. It's about what the other 4 can do without it. What can Russ and James do without the ball? Russ contests only about 30% of the shots his man takes. He contests fewer threes than centers do. He could change that, sure, but he has never been a good defender.

The league is top heavy with ball hogs and one way players.

Mark Celibate
04-02-2017, 01:43 PM
I think having Durant, Harden in the starting lineup with Westbrook being the 6th man off the bench would be nasty.

IT would be a waste to have them in the same lineup at the same time and I think having Westbrook eat the other team's bench for lunch would keep any team from catching their breath. As soon as he starts chucking, getting lazy, making stupid plays, etc put the starters back in.

No coach would ever convince him to come off the bench though, so it's pointless to think about anyway.

DMC
04-02-2017, 02:30 PM
I think having Durant, Harden in the starting lineup with Westbrook being the 6th man off the bench would be nasty.

IT would be a waste to have them in the same lineup at the same time and I think having Westbrook eat the other team's bench for lunch would keep any team from catching their breath. As soon as he starts chucking, getting lazy, making stupid plays, etc put the starters back in.

No coach would ever convince him to come off the bench though, so it's pointless to think about anyway.
I considered that as well, but that would mean only two of the 3 are actually playing together. That would mean you'd need 3 other solid players with Harden and Durant.

I am talking about 3 starters. No team would ever bring any of these three off the bench, and I am not sure RW could ever play for another team without some serious heart to heart about goals and roles.