PDA

View Full Version : Your best player took 0 shots/Fts to close out/ice a game in 4th..

spursistan
04-02-2017, 05:01 PM
meaningles game or not..GTFOH..:lol

For as much as I want Parker to get going, this the bullshit I hate/fear about him..And Leonard is partly to blame for it in a night when he was hitting everything..Game 5 vs OKC all over again..

TheGreatYacht
04-02-2017, 05:03 PM
That would be because he was on the bench to close the game.... :lol

Seventyniner
04-02-2017, 05:05 PM

For as much as I want Parker to get going, this the bullshit I hate/fear about him..And Leonard is partly to blame for it in a night when he was hitting everything..Game 5 vs OKC all over again..

Jazz fan in disguise imo

KDKSpurs24
04-02-2017, 05:06 PM
He looked exhausted after the 3rd, tbh. He didn't even want the ball

apalisoc_9
04-02-2017, 05:14 PM
Partbpf the reason why Popovich needs to give Parker the shortest lf leash. The Second Quarter was lost because he tried too much but he got benched for Forbes so that was a decent sub by the egomaniac.

Kawhi barely played in the fourth. Pop was obviously keen on "resting" him.

tholdren
04-02-2017, 05:16 PM
how did bertans look?

james evans
04-02-2017, 07:02 PM
He looked exhausted after the 3rd, tbh. He didn't even want the ball
uhhh, he wasn't in the game for most of the 4ths.. What game were you watching?

KDKSpurs24
04-03-2017, 12:57 AM
uhhh, he wasn't in the game for most of the 4ths.. What game were you watching?
Uhhh, he came back in with like 5:45 to go and didn't want any part of being back in the game. He got taken out around the 2 and a half minute mark. You would think he would be fully rested because he sat out for a long time before he was put back in. Utah was hootin free throws and he was hand on his knees bent over. He looked tired. I know what I watched.

YGWHI
04-03-2017, 01:32 AM

I'll never forget that Parker was 1-4 and Kawhi just took 1 shot in the last 4 minutes of that game. And Kawhi's shot was a desperation-3 with 2 seconds on the clock.

After game 5 I read an article from USAToday that was pretty clear about that issue.

Today, a guy posted the same article on PtR, I re-read it again and I was feeling bad as much as the first time...It happened in the 3-4 minutes that Kawhi played in the 4th, again.

Pop letting Parker freeze Kawhi when he's making shots from every spot on the floor makes me think he didn't learn anything from that game of OKC series.

He's gonna to ride or die with Parker...Likely the Spurs will get killed

Because Parker feels comfortable against these shitty backcourts, then he thinks he could repeat these performances in playoffs against elite guards. He wont.

On four consecutive possessions during the fourth quarter of the Spurs’ pivotal Game 5 game against the Thunder, MVP runner-up Kawhi Leonard did not touch the ball...

For the final four minutes, it wasn’t Leonard, or even LaMarcus Aldridge, but veteran Spurs point guard Tony Parker who was running the offense. In that stretch Parker missed two pull-up jumpers, was fouled and missed one of his free throws...

It was a terrible stretch for the Spurs, who didn’t force the issue by putting the ball in Leonard’s hands, instead allowing the more assertive Parker to take over. And it partly cost them the game.

It’s all understandable why Parker would feel the need to have the ball in his hands in crunch time, and also understandable why the younger and (at least personality-wise) more passive Leonard would defer to him.

The Spurs can’t allow this to happen, though. Parker no longer has the devastating first step he once had to get in the paint, and his jumper isn’t as reliable as it once was.......

Leonard is 6-foot-8. He can post up, he can drive, he can distribute, and he can finish. Giving him the ball creates a need for a double team, and there he can get the offense moving. If he draws a double, two quick Spurs passes is going to find an open man for a three, or he can get the ball to Aldridge on the block, which is usually good for a bucket.

Parker has had an incredible career, but it’s time for him to take a step back and allow Leonard to run the offense in crunch time.

This is Leonard’s and Aldridge’s team now. Parker has to let them win games.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/05/tony-parker-kawhi-leonard-san-antonio-spurs-oklahoma-city-thunder

duncan2k5
04-03-2017, 06:38 AM
I'll never forget that Parker was 1-4 and Kawhi just took 1 shot in the last 4 minutes of that game. And Kawhi's shot was a desperation-3 with 2 seconds on the clock.

After game 5 I read an article from USAToday that was pretty clear about that issue.

Today, a guy posted the same article on PtR, I re-read it again and I was feeling bad as much as the first time...It happened in the 3-4 minutes that Kawhi played in the 4th, again.

Pop letting Parker freeze Kawhi when he's making shots from every spot on the floor makes me think he didn't learn anything from that game of OKC series.

He's gonna to ride or die with Parker...Likely the Spurs will get killed

Because Parker feels comfortable against these shitty backcourts, then he thinks he could repeat these performances in playoffs against elite guards. He wont.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/05/tony-parker-kawhi-leonard-san-antonio-spurs-oklahoma-city-thunder

Remember this like it was yesterday... I really dislike tony Parker... I have a feeling he will cost us in the playoffs this year...can't wait till he retires, tbh.

Fireball
04-03-2017, 07:05 AM
how did bertans look?

shot a good percentage from three, but his impact is limited to spacing the floor ... he is more of a one trick pony than DG because his defense is not there ... Boris Diaw abused Davis

after Tony ignored him once, Davis took a really bad shot later just out of frustration I guess ... so he still has a lot to learn IMO

duncan2k5
04-03-2017, 08:19 AM
shot a good percentage from three, but his impact is limited to spacing the floor ... he is more of a one trick pony than DG because his defense is not there ... Boris Diaw abused Davis

after Tony ignored him once, Davis took a really bad shot later just out of frustration I guess ... so he still has a lot to learn IMO

U made it seem worse than it actually was...Davis was good offensively...ball moved well...his defensive rotations were decent too...he WAS abused by Boris, but Boris does that to people who are actual great defenders when he is assertive... Davis as a rookie wasn't used nor was expecting that out of Boris...remember part of defense is being used to who u are guarding

Fireball
04-03-2017, 08:25 AM
U made it seem worse than it actually was...Davis was good offensively...ball moved well...his defensive rotations were decent too...he WAS abused by Boris, but Boris does that to people who are actual great defenders when he is assertive... Davis as a rookie wasn't used nor was expecting that out of Boris...remember part of defense is being used to who u are guarding yeah, it sounded a little too negative ... I am all for him getting more playing time, but this has to wait for next season it seems ... last game it was either drive into the paint with the clear intention to pass or the spot up three point shot

urunobili
04-03-2017, 08:27 AM
how did bertans look?

He had a great game IMO. May have earned a shot at 5-8 playoff minutes depending on the match up

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-04-2017, 05:36 PM

:lol

Why is Spursistan allowed to start threads?

TheDoctor
04-04-2017, 05:44 PM

TBH, Kawhi didn't play in the last 3mins or so :lol

dabom
04-04-2017, 06:13 PM
:lol

Why is Spursistan allowed to start threads?

OG just went in. :wow :lmao

spursistan
04-04-2017, 06:18 PM
Kawhi was there for like 4 minutes between 5:45-1:45 :lol..