PDA

View Full Version : NBA: John Wall is a top 10 nba player..right?

apalisoc_9
04-02-2017, 06:20 PM
The Wizards are in the higer tier of teams when it comes to creating open threes, largely dependant on Wall's penetrating prowess. He's a composed player. Doesn't make boneheaded mistakes. The shooting is still a question mark, but he's capable.

Is he?

Leonard-Lebron-Curry-Durant are all clearly better.

Harden-Westbrook-Paul are probably better too...

But other than those guys who else is better?

Down Under
04-02-2017, 06:24 PM
He's the best guard in the East, but shooting will hold limit him forever, unfortunately. The guy would be an absolute monster if he could shoot.

Chris
04-02-2017, 06:49 PM
Kyrie Irving is the best guard in the East :rolleyes

Clipper Nation
04-02-2017, 06:59 PM
Kyrie Irving is the best guard in the East :rolleyes
:lol Literally a scrub without LeBron holding his hand

lefty
04-02-2017, 07:18 PM
IDK if Kyrie is the best EC PG or isn't but he is clutch AF

DMC
04-02-2017, 07:28 PM
Isaiah Thomas is the best PG in the east based on the standings and his output. Kyrie is the most talented. John Wall is underrated because he doesn't get much coverage, but if he was in LA or Dallas he'd be killing the ratings.

Clipper Nation
04-02-2017, 07:31 PM
Isaiah is not the best PG in the East, let's be real now. He literally doesn't play any defense. He makes Harden look like Bruce Bowen. The best PG in the East discussion is between Wall and Lowry only.

Pelicans78
04-02-2017, 07:40 PM
Wall is 21st in the league in win shares. His win shares/48 is only 0.152 is good, but not great. He's very good player, but Thomas has been the better overall player this season, who's 7th in win shares and his win shares per 48 minutes is a lot higher at 0.228 which places him 6th in the league among regulars.

TD 21
04-02-2017, 10:27 PM
One of my favorite players and probably the most underrated high IQ type, but he's more like top 15. From 12/27/16 . . .

Tier 1: James, Durant.

Tier 2: Curry, Harden, Griffin, Paul, Davis, Westbrook, Cousins, Leonard.

Tier 3: Millsap, Butler, Irving, Love, Green, George, Gasol, Antetokounmpo, Towns, Lillard, Aldridge, Lowry, Wall.

From tier 3 to 2: Antetokounmpo, Towns.

Additions to tier 3: Thomas, Jokic, Embiid, Gobert.

lebomb
04-03-2017, 02:47 PM
I would take them in this order if I had the #1 lottery pick:

1. Kyrie
2. Wall
3. Thomas

spursistan
04-03-2017, 05:38 PM
One of my favorite players and probably the most underrated high IQ type, but he's more like top 15. From 12/27/16 . . .

From tier 3 to 2: Antetokounmpo, Towns.

Additions to tier 3: Thomas, Jokic, Embiid, Gobert.

Durant has no business being in the same tier with James :lol..

I might as well put Curry there instead since at least he led a team to a title and a multiple 67-win plus seasons.

We tend to forget that KD has had the benefit of playing with high-end talent for the entirety of his career before joining GSW. And while he's more proven and advanced in the category than, say, Leonard, he hasn't yet achieved the ultimate breakthrough as the best player on title contender..In fact, since 2012, his playoffs performances have continued to go south..

TD 21
04-03-2017, 05:59 PM
Durant has no business being in the same tier with James :lol..

I might as well put Curry there instead since at least he led a team to a title and a multiple 67-win plus seasons.

We tend to forget that KD has had the benefit of playing with high-end talent for the entirety of his career before joining GSW. And while he's more proven and advanced in the category than, say, Leonard, he hasn't yet achieved the ultimate breakthrough as the best player on title contender..In fact, since 2012, his playoffs performances have continued to go south..

Fair, but here's some points to ponder . . .

- '12-'14 Spurs were my all time favorite teams, but if not for a historically awful/inexplicable trade in '12 and bad injury luck in '13 and '14, Durant probably has a few more Finals appearances, at least one championship and is still a Thunder

- Obviously, James is better, but Durant is the only player who's essentially been his regular season equal the past going on half decade

- Leonard has only played 2 legit series as the best player on a team, but lost as a favorite both times and has yet to prove he can beat a quality opponent in a series in such a role, let alone repeatedly get to the Conference Finals and a Finals

- Curry's stature immediately disqualifies him from this discussion, since his stature limits his effect defensively/rebounding

- I never could stand Durant, so there's no bias involved

SpursFan86
04-03-2017, 06:31 PM
I'd take these guys over Wall for sure (in no order):

LeBron
Kawhi
Steph
KD
Westbrook
Harden
CP3
Antetokounmpo
Jokic
Anthony Davis
Jimmy Butler
Gobert

So nah, I don't think he's top 10.

apalisoc_9
04-03-2017, 08:18 PM
I don't like Westbrook but something has to be said about Westbrook outplaying Durant in the last two playoffs together. And its not for the lack of touches either since Durant even with Westbrook had much more shoot posssessions than james and many other superstars.