PDA

View Full Version : Kings: Baseball season is only two days old...

Clipper Nation
04-03-2017, 06:01 PM
...and there's already been three walkoffs and a dramatic extra-innings game between division rivals (the Blue Jays and the Orioles).

Meanwhile, yesterday's Premier League matchups ended in a 0-0 tie and a 2-2 tie. And people think BASEBALL is boring :lmao

TheGreatYacht
04-03-2017, 06:27 PM
Holy shit THREE walk offs? Instead of scratching their balls and eating sunflower seeds, they WALKED? That's gotta be a calories burned record

Clipper Nation
04-03-2017, 06:32 PM
Holy shit THREE walk offs? Instead of scratching their balls and eating sunflower seeds, they WALKED? That's gotta be a calories burned record
The GOAT of povertyball, who is also a midget twink, can't jog around for longer than a minute without throwing up all over the field:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cChOEsIXWIU

Ya gotta believe me! :lmao

whitemamba
04-03-2017, 06:53 PM
Does anyone remember when man city beat QPR to win the title.. man that was epic

apalisoc_9
04-03-2017, 07:10 PM
Nice. I've been spending way too much money on Nyquil and other sleeping related products. Piece of advice to anyone, Sleeping pills are awful. This should give me a healtheir alternative.

Clipper Nation
04-03-2017, 07:21 PM
Does anyone remember when man city beat QPR to win the title.. man that was epic
Baseball: thrilling walkoffs, extra-innings games, and a slew of Web Gems in the field already, two days into the new season

Soccer: "Remember that one time a soccer game was actually exciting ten years ago? That was great! Hopefully we'll get another one of those next decade!"

TheGreatYacht
04-03-2017, 07:23 PM
Nice. I've been spending way too much money on Nyquil and other sleeping related products. Piece of advice to anyone, Sleeping pills are awful. This should give me a healtheir alternative.
:lmao

TheGreatYacht
04-03-2017, 07:27 PM
Baseball: thrilling walkoffs, extra-innings games, and a slew of Web Gems in the field already, two days into the new season

Soccer: "Remember that one time a soccer game was actually exciting ten years ago? That was great! Hopefully we'll get another one of those next decade!"
I remember when the most exciting part of the lardball finals was a rain delay tbh..

Game stopped because nobody likes soggy sunflower seeds :lol

Clipper Nation
04-03-2017, 07:31 PM
I remember when the most exciting part of the lardball finals was a rain delay tbh..

No, but I remember when the most exciting part of the povertyball championship was that midget twink choking another penalty kick, crying and quitting his national team. And that faggot is the greatest player in the history of his "sport" :lmao

Third-world kickball :lol

hater
04-03-2017, 07:44 PM
:lmao they have a thing in fat ball called walk off??? :lmao :lmao

As opposed to what? Being wheelcarted off? :lmao

hater
04-03-2017, 07:53 PM
"That Jimmy Lardass the 2nd is one hell of a player!!! Yesterday he actually walked off the field on his own 2 feet!!"

"Dang!!! They didnt even need crane equipment or nothing??? Resign him to a 20 million deal!"

Splits
04-03-2017, 07:56 PM

:lol

:lmao they have a thing in fat ball called walk off??? :lmao :lmao

As opposed to what? Being wheelcarted off? :lmao

:lmao :lmao :lmao

"That Jimmy Lardass the 2nd is one hell of a player!!! Yesterday he actually walked off the field on his own 2 feet!!"

"Dang!!! They didnt even need crane equipment or nothing??? Resign him to a 20 million deal!"

Splits
04-03-2017, 07:58 PM
Like anything in the regular season can be "dramatic" when you play 162 fucking games that last 4 hours each

:lol 1 game playoffs after playing 162 games
:lol 5 game playoffs after playing 162 games
:lol at least follow your daddy and play 5-day tests if you're going to waste so much time
:lol American Cricket

Chris
04-03-2017, 07:59 PM
No, but I remember when the most exciting part of the povertyball championship was that midget twink choking another penalty kick, crying and quitting his national team. And that faggot is the greatest player in the history of his "sport" :lmao

Third-world kickball :lol

TheGreatYacht
04-03-2017, 08:15 PM
Like anything in the regular season can be "dramatic" when you play 162 fucking games that last 4 hours each

:lol 1 game playoffs after playing 162 games
:lol 5 game playoffs after playing 162 games
:lol at least follow your daddy and play 5-day tests if you're going to waste so much time

TheGreatYacht
04-03-2017, 08:23 PM

http://sports.cbsimg.net/images/visual/whatshot/PujolsInjury091514.gif

Nobody knew running could be so complicated

DAF86
04-03-2017, 08:26 PM
MLB started already?

apalisoc_9
04-03-2017, 08:26 PM

Did he shit his pants after the team's buritto eating challenge last night?

DAF86
04-03-2017, 08:27 PM

Hall of fame injury right there.

lefty20
04-03-2017, 08:36 PM

Meh, cricket is actually following baseball with the T-20 format. ODI and, especially, Tests are becoming antiquated.

TheGreatYacht
04-03-2017, 08:39 PM

Hall of fame injury right there.

Clipper Nation
04-03-2017, 08:44 PM
Meh, cricket is actually following baseball with the T-20 format. ODI and, especially, Tests are becoming antiquated.
:lol Povertyball fans once again exposing their ignorance about actual sports.

Clipper Nation
04-03-2017, 08:45 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9t_8pfbCH-4

DMC
04-03-2017, 08:54 PM
Funny thing: Immigrants here lampooning fatball but making minimum wage at their jobs, which means a fat, out of shape, tobacco spitting redneck just shy of a heart attack in the majors is set for life financially while the only reason you're "slim" is because of famine.

dabom
04-03-2017, 08:59 PM

apalisoc_9
04-03-2017, 09:15 PM
"The only reason why I'm fat is because I have the option to stuff my mouth with mcnuggets and Triple bacon burgers" - fathands.

hater
04-03-2017, 09:41 PM

spurraider21
04-03-2017, 09:44 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9t_8pfbCH-4:lmao damn

hater
04-03-2017, 10:05 PM
Funny thing: Immigrants here lampooning fatball but making minimum wage at their jobs, which means a fat, out of shape, tobacco spitting redneck just shy of a heart attack in the majors is set for life financially while the only reason you're "slim" is because of famine.

Umm ya better check your facts

Immigrants are actually making millions in Fatball while 350 pound bags of lard Fatball fans are working on their next coronary in the stands :lol

lefty
04-03-2017, 10:07 PM
:lmao thread wrecked

DMC
04-03-2017, 10:41 PM
Umm ya better check your facts

Immigrants are actually making millions in Fatball while 350 pound bags of lard Fatball fans are working on their next coronary in the stands :lol

I'm just saying it must really suck that some lard ass piece of shit who sits around all day playing with his balls and spitting sunflower seeds it's going to be retired on a beach while you're busting your ass at age 69 trying to earn enough income to pay for your own burial.

lefty
04-03-2017, 10:49 PM
The Northern American Health Group unveiled research last week demonstrating that Major League ballplayers usually consume enough food and caloric beverages to make them gain more calories than they burn during an average game. NAHG stated that this was a surprise find, and that they by no means set out to point out the minimal physical effort baseball players need to put forth to start and complete games.

The study found that Major League players spend most of their games sitting, standing, spitting and adjusting their cups, none of which constitute what the NAHG classifies as “strenuous activity” that would burn calories at a higher rate. The study found that far smaller amounts of game time were spent doing more active things, such as walking, jogging lightly and running. During the 2010 regular season, NAHG found that starting position players spent an average 34 seconds of game time sprinting. Sports data analysts found that MLB games lasted an average 2 hours and 52 minutes in 2009.

“I feel the need to clarify that figure though because it can be misleading,” NAHG president John Grogan said. “That number, 34 seconds, may seem small and believable, but it is actually higher than the overall average. It doesn’t take into account the starting pitchers who are sitting on the bench because it’s not their day of the rotation. It also doesn’t include the relievers, most of whom just sit out there all game, maybe throw a few pitches, but that’s it. Plus, there’s all the reserve players who ride the bench and never get to do anything.”

But even sitting still, on average, burns a bit over 100 calories per hour. So to be gaining calories, that means ballplayers are constantly replenishing their systems with some form of nourishment. The NAHG study effectively analyzed the burning and consumption of calories by the players, finding that most of them eat and drink enough to come out on the plus side.

“During any normal game, Major League players have plenty of time to consume, and they take full advantage of that opportunity,” Grogan said. “A lot of them chew sugary gum, drink Gatorade or eat sunflower seeds, all of which have a higher calorie content than most people realize. As a result, baseball players are able to sustain their energy throughout the course of the game, unlike other sports, in which the participant would need to have previously ingested energy and have it ready to burn at the start of the activity.”

In the study’s conclusion, NAHG cited the increasing length of baseball games as a possible reason for players wanting to eat more. For example, they observed several relievers eating high-cal meal replacement bars during games, seemingly more out of boredom than anything else. They also admitted the data was skewed due to the presence of Prince Fielder and CC Sabathia, both of whom discretely eat full meals between innings, sometimes two or three times per game.

Most of the professional baseball world was not especially surprised or excited by the NHG’s findings.

“As long as it’s not about steroids, I’m relieved and don’t care enough to comment,” MLB Commissioner Bud Selig said over the phone.

ESPN anchor and former Phillies first baseman John Kruk, however, embraced the study’s frankness about the real physical effort required to play a game of baseball.

“Yeah, that sounds about right,” he said of the study. “I spent years of my life catching flack for not treating my body like an athlete would despite being an MLB player. Turns out I burn more calories sitting on my ass not eating while I anchor for Baseball Tonight than I ever did when I actually played baseball. Who’s laughing now?

dabom
04-03-2017, 10:51 PM

lefty20
04-03-2017, 10:58 PM
http://upl.stack.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/03104204/Yandy-Diaz-Jacked-STACK.jpg

Yandy Diaz.... Dude prolly runs faster than Messi and Ronaldo while carrying both of them :rollin

Robz4000
04-03-2017, 11:01 PM
Lot of floptrot fans on damage control in this thread tbh. All I see is ":cry fatball this, fatball that :cry" and posts about grown men's shitting habits, but nothing exciting about the sport they're trying to prop up...

Clipper Nation
04-03-2017, 11:11 PM
The Northern American Health Group unveiled research last week demonstrating that Major League ballplayers usually consume enough food and caloric beverages to make them gain more calories than they burn during an average game. NAHG stated that this was a surprise find, and that they by no means set out to point out the minimal physical effort baseball players need to put forth to start and complete games.

The study found that Major League players spend most of their games sitting, standing, spitting and adjusting their cups, none of which constitute what the NAHG classifies as “strenuous activity” that would burn calories at a higher rate. The study found that far smaller amounts of game time were spent doing more active things, such as walking, jogging lightly and running. During the 2010 regular season, NAHG found that starting position players spent an average 34 seconds of game time sprinting. Sports data analysts found that MLB games lasted an average 2 hours and 52 minutes in 2009.

“I feel the need to clarify that figure though because it can be misleading,” NAHG president John Grogan said. “That number, 34 seconds, may seem small and believable, but it is actually higher than the overall average. It doesn’t take into account the starting pitchers who are sitting on the bench because it’s not their day of the rotation. It also doesn’t include the relievers, most of whom just sit out there all game, maybe throw a few pitches, but that’s it. Plus, there’s all the reserve players who ride the bench and never get to do anything.”

But even sitting still, on average, burns a bit over 100 calories per hour. So to be gaining calories, that means ballplayers are constantly replenishing their systems with some form of nourishment. The NAHG study effectively analyzed the burning and consumption of calories by the players, finding that most of them eat and drink enough to come out on the plus side.

“During any normal game, Major League players have plenty of time to consume, and they take full advantage of that opportunity,” Grogan said. “A lot of them chew sugary gum, drink Gatorade or eat sunflower seeds, all of which have a higher calorie content than most people realize. As a result, baseball players are able to sustain their energy throughout the course of the game, unlike other sports, in which the participant would need to have previously ingested energy and have it ready to burn at the start of the activity.”

In the study’s conclusion, NAHG cited the increasing length of baseball games as a possible reason for players wanting to eat more. For example, they observed several relievers eating high-cal meal replacement bars during games, seemingly more out of boredom than anything else. They also admitted the data was skewed due to the presence of Prince Fielder and CC Sabathia, both of whom discretely eat full meals between innings, sometimes two or three times per game.

Most of the professional baseball world was not especially surprised or excited by the NHG’s findings.

“As long as it’s not about steroids, I’m relieved and don’t care enough to comment,” MLB Commissioner Bud Selig said over the phone.

ESPN anchor and former Phillies first baseman John Kruk, however, embraced the study’s frankness about the real physical effort required to play a game of baseball.

“Yeah, that sounds about right,” he said of the study. “I spent years of my life catching flack for not treating my body like an athlete would despite being an MLB player. Turns out I burn more calories sitting on my ass not eating while I anchor for Baseball Tonight than I ever did when I actually played baseball. Who’s laughing now?
Buzzsaw Sports Guy: A Satirical look at sports

http://www.buzzsawmag.org/2011/03/24/buzzsaw-sports-guy-study-average-major-league-baseball-player-gains-15-calories-over-course-of-game/

:lol (http://www.buzzsawmag.org/2011/03/24/buzzsaw-sports-guy-study-average-major-league-baseball-player-gains-15-calories-over-course-of-game/:lol) Fail

Clipper Nation
04-03-2017, 11:12 PM
Lot of floptrot fans on damage control in this thread tbh. All I see is ":cry fatball this, fatball that :cry" and posts about grown men's shitting habits, but nothing exciting about the sport they're trying to prop up...

:lol They can't even defend their garbage-ass "sport" and they know it, so they have to attack real sports.

DAF86
04-03-2017, 11:12 PM

:lmao:lmao:lmao

But seriously though, that's sad.

DAF86
04-03-2017, 11:14 PM
Buzzsaw Sports Guy: A Satirical look at sports

http://www.buzzsawmag.org/2011/03/24/buzzsaw-sports-guy-study-average-major-league-baseball-player-gains-15-calories-over-course-of-game/

:lol (http://www.buzzsawmag.org/2011/03/24/buzzsaw-sports-guy-study-average-major-league-baseball-player-gains-15-calories-over-course-of-game/:lol) Fail

Having to clarify it's fake. Still pretty sad. :lol

P/S: link doesn't work.

Clipper Nation
04-03-2017, 11:15 PM
Having to clarify it's fake. Still pretty sad. :lol

:lol Povertyball fans are dumb enough to fall for fake news... ain't no spinning that shit, tbh.

DAF86
04-03-2017, 11:16 PM
:lol Povertyball fans are dumb enough to fall for fake news... ain't no spinning that shit, tbh.

Fix that link son or I'm going with lefty. Seems more plausible, tbh. :lol

FkLA
04-03-2017, 11:21 PM
"The only reason why I'm fat is because I have the option to stuff my mouth with mcnuggets and Triple bacon burgers" - fathands.

Clipper Nation
04-03-2017, 11:22 PM
Fix that link son or I'm going with lefty. (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=20689) Seems more plausible, tbh. :lol

Robz4000
04-03-2017, 11:24 PM
Link works fine for me.

:lol falling for FAKE NEWS

lefty
04-03-2017, 11:25 PM
It's no wonder CN voted Trump tbh

Kim Jong-il
04-04-2017, 02:43 AM
:lol They can't even defend their garbage-ass "sport" and they know it, so they have to attack real sports.
:lmao they have to play stupid with the "walkoffs = walking :lol" can'ta-speaka-de-engleesh bads to save face.

Kim Jong-il
04-04-2017, 02:48 AM
Link works fine for me.

:lol falling for FAKE NEWS
:lmao more self ownage by the Drug Mule Kickball Crew. :lmao Must be tough to pay attention to real sports when you're getting drug condoms shoved up your ass, therefore just watch the simplest bullshit on earth to cope.

Splits
04-04-2017, 06:05 AM
Tigers-White Sox opener in Chicago postponed because of rain

I'm sure all of those thousands of people had fun sitting around for 3 hours before the game was called :lol

Don't worry, in this "sport" you can play a "double-header", two games in a single day!

hater
04-04-2017, 06:18 AM
Why cant fatball teams play under the rain? Are they afraid they will melt like the Pillsbury Doughboy in Ghostbusters?

Incompetent fat pieces of shit

Clipper Nation
04-04-2017, 08:41 AM
It's no wonder CN voted Trump tbh
Well, yeah. I back winners, like baseball and Trump. You back losers, like povertyball and Hillary. :downspin:

Clipper Nation
04-04-2017, 08:44 AM
:lmao they have to play stupid with the "walkoffs = walking :lol" can'ta-speaka-de-engleesh bads to save face.
Next, they'll pretend they don't know that the word "tie" can refer to something other than what Messi wears to his tax-evasion trial.

Brazil
04-04-2017, 08:50 AM
:lol legendary
:lol walked off

Canyonero
04-04-2017, 09:13 AM
I'm sure all of those thousands of people had fun sitting around for 3 hours before the game was called :lol

Don't worry, in this "sport" you can play a "double-header", two games in a single day!

Damn, that's like 8 hours of epic drama!

apalisoc_9
04-04-2017, 12:21 PM
:lol legendary
:lol walked off

Best play :lol

Brazil
04-04-2017, 12:39 PM
Best play :lol

:lol it does not get any better

Splits
04-04-2017, 12:48 PM
I was a beisbol fan from my earliest childhood until a few years after college, so I know the game well. And when I think back, there are only 2 moments that are memorable to me. The first was drunk Harry Caray trying to pronounce Hideki Irabu. https://www.stucknut.com/takebox/?id=15f

The second is this:

KxEUW3pQX6A

Over 20 years as an MLB fan, and those are the only "wow" moments.

Kim Jong-il
04-04-2017, 03:30 PM
Here's a list of all the "wow" moments during my time watching Drug Mule Kickball:

-

Clipper Nation
04-04-2017, 04:48 PM
Here's a list of all the "wow" moments during my time watching Drug Mule Kickball:

-

"Wow, is there anyone in this 'sport' that isn't a skinnyfat midget twink?"

"Wow, how can the refs keep rewarding these blatant flops?"

"Wow, another 0-0 tie. This 'sport' sucks hind tit."

whitemamba
04-04-2017, 06:42 PM

Theres nothing thrilling about watching a bunch of fat fucks scratching their nuts and using sign language like a bunch of illiterate shitbagsii. I didn't even know baseball started.

midnightpulp
04-04-2017, 08:10 PM
Meanwhile in the "thrilling" "sport" of Floptrot:

http://oi65.tinypic.com/2j48vis.jpg

Same as it ever was. You either get ties or "tense" 2-1 games. Simply the worst designed major sport on the planet. But I'm sure they were cool highlights of attempted shots sailing 20 feet over the goal. :lol

Silver&Black
04-04-2017, 08:58 PM
^
Almost half the teams didn't even score.

:lol "Thrilling"

DAF86
04-04-2017, 11:39 PM
Meanwhile in the "thrilling" "sport" of Floptrot:

http://oi65.tinypic.com/2j48vis.jpg

Same as it ever was. You either get ties or "tense" 2-1 games. Simply the worst designed major sport on the planet. But I'm sure they were cool highlights of attempted shots sailing 20 feet over the goal. :lol

The non-scoring soccer highlights are better than the scoring highlights in baseball. :lol

"Great, a home run. A guy threw the ball and another guy hit it with a stick". "Another home run. Again, the ball was thrown and the batter hit it. This time a little more to the right". "And another homerun. This is a moon shot. I can't contain my excitment as I'm pretending like I see the ball through the moving camera."

midnightpulp
04-05-2017, 01:05 AM
The non-scoring soccer highlights are better than the scoring highlights in baseball. :lol

"Great, a home run. A guy threw the ball and another guy hit it with a stick". "Another home run. Again, the ball was thrown and the batter hit it. This time a little more to the right". "And another homerun. This is a moon shot. I can't contain my excitment as I'm pretending like I see the ball through the moving camera."

Your average soccer highlight goes like this.

Guy makes cross pass to player. Player kicks ball 30 feet wide of the goal. Cue closeup shot of despondent player who missed. Rinse-repeat for 90 minutes, ending in what probably will be a tie game.

Also homerun>anything in soccer. Even midgets (like real midgets) can nutmeg, bicycle kick, and do all that shallow acrobatic shit they do in soccer, while a midget would never be able to hit a 98mph fastball 450 feet.

midnightpulp
04-05-2017, 01:28 AM
I was a beisbol fan from my earliest childhood until a few years after college, so I know the game well. And when I think back, there are only 2 moments that are memorable to me. The first was drunk Harry Caray trying to pronounce Hideki Irabu. https://www.stucknut.com/takebox/?id=15f

The second is this:

KxEUW3pQX6A

Over 20 years as an MLB fan, and those are the only "wow" moments.

:lol No you don't.

DAF86
04-05-2017, 01:53 AM
Your average soccer highlight goes like this.

Guy makes cross pass to player. Player kicks ball 30 feet wide of the goal. Cue closeup shot of despondent player who missed. Rinse-repeat for 90 minutes, ending in what probably will be a tie game.

Also homerun>anything in soccer. Even midgets (like real midgets) can nutmeg, bicycle kick, and do all that shallow acrobatic shit they do in soccer, while a midget would never be able to hit a 98mph fastball 450 feet.

Good luck trying to convince anyone, with an ounce of objectivity in this matter, than this:

QJXYJxjac3U

Is better than this:

q7nfOKKPlhs

midnightpulp
04-05-2017, 02:04 AM
Good luck trying to convince anyone, with an ounce of objectivity in this matter, than this:

QJXYJxjac3U

Is better than this:

q7nfOKKPlhs

The "flash" argument is meritless, though. I'm more impressed when more difficult things are executed. Good goal scorers score a goal every other game (i.e. Messi scores one every .80 games). A great homerun hitter has never hit a homerun every other game in history. A homerun is simply the more difficult and thus impressive feat.

I mean, something in that foot volleyball game Asians play is ten times flashier and more impressive than anything you see in Floptrot, I guess logically, it's a "better game" than Floptrot.

DAF86
04-05-2017, 02:13 AM
The "flash" argument is meritless, though. I'm more impressed when more difficult things are executed. Good goal scorers score a goal every other game (i.e. Messi scores one every .80 games). A great homerun hitter has never hit a homerun every other game in history. A homerun is simply the more difficult and thus impressive feat.

I mean, something in that foot volleyball game Asians play is ten times flashier and more impressive than anything you see in Floptrot, I guess logically, it's a "better game" than Floptrot.

Thousands and thousands of baseball players have hit home runs, only two persons on earth did something like this against professionals:

O8G9ytZg-bM
5vmm-xCq4To

FkLA
04-05-2017, 02:21 AM

Wait, why don't you apply that logic to goal scoring in general? You yourself have said soccer is low scoring, so wouldn't that make scoring a goal a difficult and thus impressive feat? Instead you complain about the low scoring. Talk about a double standard. :lol

midnightpulp
04-05-2017, 02:24 AM
Wait, why don't you apply that logic to goal scoring in general? You yourself have said soccer is low scoring, so wouldn't that make scoring a goal a difficult and thus impressive feat? Instead you complain about the low scoring. Talk about a double standard. :lol

Um, scoring in baseball doesn't just come via the homerun. We're talking about homeruns vs. goals. Not runs vs. goals.

midnightpulp
04-05-2017, 02:27 AM
Thousands and thousands of baseball players have hit home runs, only two persons on earth did something like this against professionals:

O8G9ytZg-bM
5vmm-xCq4To

Now you're cherry picking specific types of goals.

I can easily counter that only one player has a hit an objectively verified 530 foot home run against professional competition.

FkLA
04-05-2017, 02:32 AM
Um, scoring in baseball doesn't just come via the homerun. We're talking about homeruns vs. goals. Not runs vs. goals.

I get that. I'm just saying, why are you able to appreciate the rarity of a home run but not the rarity of a goal? By your logic, a goal should be considered an impressive feat because of the how difficult it is to score.

midnightpulp
04-05-2017, 03:05 AM
I get that. I'm just saying, why are you able to appreciate the rarity of a home run but not the rarity of a goal? By your logic, a goal should be considered an impressive feat because of the how difficult it is to score.

I don't dislike soccer nor goals.

I just argue against soccer being this ultimate test of endurance (it isn't) and then "valuing" soccer over other sports or claiming soccer players are better athletes because of that. Real talk, ANY athlete, even 300lb lineman, would be able to handle 5ish miles over 90 minutes with a 20 minute break in between. Even the soccer players who cover the most miles during a game (usually about 7ish) are only averaging 5mph speed over the match, which means they are doing A LOT of walking, light jogging, etc. Now obviously a lineman wouldn't be able to handle it as well as a soccer player, but he wouldn't collapse. Nor would a "fatball" player. Jose Fernandez, for instance, used to do 600 mile pelotons per week during Spring Training.

I also think soccer is rather poorly designed. But that's another argument.

pookenstein
04-05-2017, 04:48 AM
Most fun sports to watch (ballsports):
1. Basketball
2. Football
3. Volleyball (men and women)
4. American Football
5. Tennis (men and women)
6. Rugby
7. Handball
8. Icehockey

Everything else is shit.

DeRozan m8
04-05-2017, 06:12 AM
My god soccer is the most overrated shit in history.

Clipper Nation
04-05-2017, 08:26 AM

Some of the best highlights in baseball, like a slick defensive play in the infield, an acrobatic catch and throw from the outfield, or a stolen base, are not dependent on scoring. They would still be exciting even if they didn't keep score at all.

Floptrot's highlights: skinnyfat twink jogs around, pukes, gets the ball, pukes again, misses the goal, game ends 0-0. Once every five years: skinnyfat twink jogs around, pukes, gets the ball, pukes again, actually kicks it into the net, fans lose their minds from shock and confusion. Wow, what an amazing "sport" you have there.

TheGreatYacht
04-05-2017, 08:45 AM
My god soccer is the most overrated shit in history.
Not as overrated as rugby kent

midnightpulp
04-05-2017, 08:59 AM
Some of the best highlights in baseball, like a slick defensive play in the infield, an acrobatic catch and throw from the outfield, or a stolen base, are not dependent on scoring. They would still be exciting even if they didn't keep score at all.

Floptrot's highlights: skinnyfat twink jogs around, pukes, gets the ball, pukes again, misses the goal, game ends 0-0. Once every five years: skinnyfat twink jogs around, pukes, gets the ball, pukes again, actually kicks it into the net, fans lose their minds from shock and confusion. Wow, what an amazing "sport" you have there.

To be fair, soccer does probably have the best highlights out of any sport in the world, for all the wrong reasons of course.

So programmed to flop, this player even did it during a free kick. :lol

https://m.popkey.co/cb8703/vkGa5.gif

This one did it during a celebration:

https://68.media.tumblr.com/6eb0aad4997ffef5ba8ae92fd8022394/tumblr_o0wbksJlJC1rr7t27o1_500.gif

http://www.gifbin.com/bin/102010/1287507909_soccer-fight.gif

http://i.imgur.com/Cj6PCJ4.gif

http://www.pbh2.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/soccer-dive-invisible-man.gif

That's it and that's all.

http://oi67.tinypic.com/t7lquw.jpg

Brazil
04-05-2017, 09:26 AM
:lol well at least you can see the ball in soccer

I mean nobody watching baseball is able to see the damn ball when there is an action, dude makes his move you have to wait to know if he hit the ball or not. Without replay you see shit but then don't ask why fatty fans go to stadium and spend their time eating and drinking they have no clue of whats going on.

midnightpulp
04-05-2017, 09:56 AM
:lol well at least you can see the ball in soccer

I mean nobody watching baseball is able to see the damn ball when there is an action, dude makes his move you have to wait to know if he hit the ball or not. Without replay you see shit but then don't ask why fatty fans go to stadium and spend their time eating and drinking they have no clue of whats going on.

No prob seeing the ball here (all at game speed):

http://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/yunel-escobar-double-play-1.gif?w=1000

http://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/behind-the-back-1.gif?w=1000

http://www.mlb.com/images/3/2/0/219062320/031217_wbc_domcol_bautista_throw_med_2ujav4zn.gif

Brazil
04-05-2017, 10:01 AM
oh yeah on tv you can see it somethimes, in the stadium tho :lol

but even on TV sometimes you cannot see shit

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view7/4806757/a-rod-home-run-o.gif

midnightpulp
04-05-2017, 10:08 AM
oh yeah on tv you can see it somethimes, in the stadium tho :lol

but even on TV sometimes you cannot see shit

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view7/4806757/a-rod-home-run-o.gif

Kind of a bad choppy gif there.

I do agree moonshots can be hard to see, but that's what's kind of cool. You hear the crack of the bat, the ball rockets off, the crowd roars, and you don't wear that fucker is landing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UdsVO7HaJg

apalisoc_9
04-05-2017, 10:11 AM
Baseball has very minimal strategy or approach. You can change your pitcher around or counter with batters with specific pitchers but the reality is that..its a pretty stagnant sport.

Sports that have players continously moving require in depth planning with a gazillion ways tonplay the game. Sometimes when you watch a team that relies on the flanks, against a team that plays a middle 4-1-4-1 formation...

It almost feels like the teams are playing different sports.

Baseball strategy relies heavily on statistcal data or chance. Its pretty dumb as far tactical diversity is concenrned.

apalisoc_9
04-05-2017, 10:14 AM
Hockey lack of fame in the US might indicate that American viwers in general love slow paced games with minimal attention span. Games like Soccer, you cant afford to put your eyes down. You need to be constantly watching to get a read of the game.

SpursforSix
04-05-2017, 10:16 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9t_8pfbCH-4

Man. Unless it was a championship deciding game, I'd lay on the field until they took me off with a stretcher.

apalisoc_9
04-05-2017, 10:16 AM
Always wondered why hockey isnt as popular and it looks like its losing even more popularity. But i realized compare to baseball and Commercial ball and evem Basketball..its a lot more free flowing.

midnightpulp
04-05-2017, 10:19 AM
Baseball has very minimal strategy or approach. You can change your pitcher around or counter with batters with specific pitchers but the reality is that..its a pretty stagnant sport.

Sports that have players continously moving require in depth planning with a gazillion ways tonplay the game. Sometimes when you watch a team that relies on the flanks, against a team that plays a middle 4-1-4-1 formation...

It almost feels like the teams are playing different sports.

Baseball strategy relies heavily on statistcal data or chance. Its pretty dumb as far tactical diversity is concenrned.

You're confusing tactics with strategy. Yeah, baseball is essentially a showdown between the pitcher and batter. Comparing it to a goal sport is dumb. Expecting goal sport tactics from baseball is dumb. You like goal sports the best, I get that. I find most of them derivative, which is why baseball is a nice change from "put ball in goal sport number 67478."

Basketball also isn't very deep tactically, especially the modern game with it emphasis on binary drive/shoot 3 tactics. This is further proven by the fact that head coaches have little-to-no influence on win percentage.

But on the roster building side of the equation (long term strategy), baseball makes basketball look shallow.

midnightpulp
04-05-2017, 10:22 AM
Always wondered why hockey isnt as popular and it looks like its losing even more popularity. But i realized compare to baseball and Commercial ball and evem Basketball..its a lot more free flowing.

Because Americans aren't as "obsessed" with this silly "free flowing" concept as foreigners are. Furthermore, cricket is the 2nd most popular sport in the world and it's far, far slower than baseball.

Watching a group of players run around a field trying to put balls in goals gets old after awhile.

I'm with you complaining about commercials, but I don't need "constant running around" to be entertained.

apalisoc_9
04-05-2017, 10:28 AM
You're confusing tactics with strategy. Yeah, baseball is essentially a showdown between the pitcher and batter. Comparing it to a goal sport is dumb. Expecting goal sport tactics from baseball is dumb. You like goal sports the best, I get that. I find most of them derivative, which is why baseball is a nice change from "put ball in goal sport number 67478."

Basketball also isn't very deep tactically, especially the modern game with it emphasis on binary drive/shoot 3 tactics. This is further proven by the fact that head coaches have little-to-no influence on win percentage.

But on the roster building side of the equation (long term strategy), baseball makes basketball look shallow.

And that's partly the reason why Baseball lost its place to commerciall ball. I hate commerical ball far more than I do baseball, but even that sport has different ways to approach an offense defense.

It's the fact that it's a batter vs. Pitcher game thay makes it so unpopular to many. I mean geez, the japs didn't have a soccer league till 95 and the national team gets significantly more coverage than their baseball team.

Roster building in baseball is maybe a hair more important, but that's partly because they play 200 games a year. The truth is, it's more like the pitcher roster buildup. Essentially the sports overall defense is dumbdown to finding the best combination of pitchers. There's nothing deep about that.

In Modern post 92 Soccer, every player has to defend and attack. That creates a better team atmosphere that majority of people love.

Fuck the MLS as shittyv as it is..Is now asking for 150 million dollar club entries.

midnightpulp
04-05-2017, 10:28 AM
Hockey lack of fame in the US might indicate that American viwers in general love slow paced games with minimal attention span. Games like Soccer, you cant afford to put your eyes down. You need to be constantly watching to get a read of the game.

Maybe for you, because you love the sport above all, but I can put my eyes down from soccer for minutes at a time and the game will still be 0-0 with the two teams still passing (and losing) the ball around the midfield.

"Well, you're not watching it carefully enough. If you did, you'd appreciate the tactical battle going on!"

Same thing can be said for any sport. In football, there's tons of things going on presnap. In baseball, every pitch is a "tactical" setup for the next pitch or a "tactical" response to the count, men on base situation, score, inning, etc.

apalisoc_9
04-05-2017, 10:32 AM
Because Americans aren't as "obsessed" with this silly "free flowing" concept as foreigners are. Furthermore, cricket is the 2nd most popular sport in the world and it's far, far slower than baseball.

Watching a group of players run around a field trying to put balls in goals gets old after awhile.

I'm with you complaining about commercials, but I don't need "constant running around" to be entertained.

Cricket is only the second most popular numberbwise. That's largely thanks to huge populations from India and Pakistan that is solely a cricket nation. Soccer as far as viwership is concerned is pretty popular in india. Not sure about Pakistan.

Baskebtall beats out cricket as far diversity in nations who take it seriously. It would probably be 2nd in "numbers" if it wasnt sharing audience with Soccer in China.

apalisoc_9
04-05-2017, 10:38 AM
Maybe for you, because you love the sport above all, but I can put my eyes down from soccer for minutes at a time and the game will still be 0-0 with the two teams still passing (and losing) the ball around the midfield.

"Well, you're not watching it carefully enough. If you did, you'd appreciate the tactical battle going on!"

Same thing can be said for any sport. In football, there's tons of things going on presnap. In baseball, every pitch is a "tactical" setup for the next pitch or a "tactical" response to the count, men on base situation, score, inning, etc.

That's a silly reply.

You can't put your eyes down in soccer because you can't read the tactical inputs of a free flowing game without fully investing your time in it. That's not a problem that Baseball will ever have. You can look at a baseball team pitching roster and you can already tell how teams will plan out.

There's a reason why baseball is the most popular and most financially successfull betting sports. It's an easier sport to "read". Free flwoing sports have significantly more unpredictibility variables.

midnightpulp
04-05-2017, 10:45 AM
And that's partly the reason why Baseball lost its place to commerciall ball. I hate commerical ball far more than I do baseball, but even that sport has different ways to approach an offense defense.

It's the fact that it's a batter vs. Pitcher game thay makes it so unpopular to many. I mean geez, the japs didn't have a soccer league till 95 and the national team gets significantly more coverage than their baseball team.

Roster building in baseball is maybe a hair more important, but that's partly because they play 200 games a year. The truth is, it's more like the pitcher roster buildup. Essentially the sports overall defense is dumbdown to finding the best combination of pitchers. There's nothing deep about that.

In Modern post 92 Soccer, every player has to defend and attack. That creates a better team atmosphere that majority of people love.

Fuck the MLS as shittyv as it is..Is now asking for 150 million dollar club entries.

:lol No.

Japan's defeat of the Kingdom of the Netherlands on March 10th was the most viewed sporting event in Japan in the last 12 months. The game registered a 22.1 rating and a 43 share out-rating all 2012 Olympics coverage and World Cup Qualifying matches.

And the Koshien high school tournament just ended. 50K plus Japanese turning out high school baseball of all-things.

Wrong again. In a sport where runs are so important, it is of mammoth importance that you find defenders who have the speed, arm, skill combination to turn probable hits and runs into outs. Furthermore, having the best player in baseball doesn't mean shit. In basketball, it's basically "sign Lebron, make playoffs." NBA players don't need to go through any kind of development at the lower levels after being drafted. When's the last time a number one pick started in the D-League? In baseball, it's not uncommon for the number 1 pick to spend years in the minors. Player development is exponentially harder and more unpredictable.

And where are you getting the idea baseball is unpopular to so many? Because of people on web forums complaining about pace of play? This is from the Harris Poll, which is pretty much the gold standard poll for this:

http://static1.businessinsider.com/image/56eafd6c91058428008b71f6/only-5-of-americans-call-the-nba-their-favorite-sport.jpg

It's growing in Canada:

http://www.wbsc.org/news/canada-baseball-participation-popularity-rising-across-the-nation/

And it's still obviously strong in its Latin and Asian strongholds.

apalisoc_9
04-05-2017, 10:48 AM
Anthoer beautiful thing about soccer and why it is the most popular sport and is still the fastest growing sport in the world is that...The game rapidly evolves. Teams are always trying out new formation.

Except for the CB and the GK. Not every position is essential, you can choose however and whatever way you wanna play. Don't want a CF and just want to populate the midfield, go ahead. We will counter with less defenders and populate our forwards.

Its those tactical diversity that makes it so fun to follow.

midnightpulp
04-05-2017, 10:52 AM
That's a silly reply.

You can't put your eyes down in soccer because you can't read the tactical inputs of a free flowing game without fully investing your time in it. That's not a problem that Baseball will ever have. You can look at a baseball team pitching roster and you can already tell how teams will plan out.

There's a reason why baseball is the most popular and most financially successfull betting sports. It's an easier sport to "read". Free flwoing sports have significantly more unpredictibility variables.

What's that supposed to mean? That their success will be predictable depending on the rotation?

Sure, but not more than any other sport. Soccer club gets best players, usually has success. NBA team gets good players, usually has success.

I also don't see how unpredictability correlates to tactical depth. I've seen soccer teams completely dominate another "tactically" and the dominated team wins through a fluke goal.

apalisoc_9
04-05-2017, 10:55 AM
:lol No.

And the Koshien high school tournament just ended. 50K plus Japanese turning out high school baseball of all-things.

Wrong again. In a sport where runs are so important, it is of mammoth importance that you find defenders who have the speed, arm, skill combination to turn probable hits and runs into outs. Furthermore, having the best player in baseball doesn't mean shit. In basketball, it's basically "sign Lebron, make playoffs." NBA players don't need to go through any kind of development at the lower levels after being drafted. When's the last time a number one pick started in the D-League? In baseball, it's not uncommon for the number 1 pick to spend years in the minors. Player development is exponentially harder and more unpredictable.

And where are you getting the idea baseball is unpopular to so many? Because of people on web forums complaining about pace of play? This is from the Harris Poll, which is pretty much the gold standard poll for this:

http://static1.businessinsider.com/image/56eafd6c91058428008b71f6/only-5-of-americans-call-the-nba-their-favorite-sport.jpg

It's growing in Canada:

http://www.wbsc.org/news/canada-baseball-participation-popularity-rising-across-the-nation/

And it's still obviously strong in its Latin and Asian strongholds.

World cup qualifying :lol...

Japan has always been a sure shot finalist. Why would it be compared to that. :lol

Your graph has obesseball lose a significant %. In fact almost 35% of its popularity has been lost since 85 :lmao

I wouldn't trust the forumla of a research that has pro soccer over College basketball.

midnightpulp
04-05-2017, 11:03 AM
Anthoer beautiful thing about soccer and why it is the most popular sport and is still the fastest growing sport in the world is that...The game rapidly evolves. Teams are always trying out new formation.

Except for the CB and the GK. Not every position is essential, you can choose however and whatever way you wanna play. Don't want a CF and just want to populate the midfield, go ahead. We will counter with less defenders and populate our forwards.

Its those tactical diversity that makes it so fun to follow.

Basketball has all of that.

Most goal sports have all of that, from field hockey to ice hockey to rugby. I know you wax poetic about soccer because you love it so much, but it isn't any more or less interesting from that perspective than any other goal sport. You could write dissertations on the complexity of American football. But you won't like it at the end of the day because of the start-stop nature of it, even without the commercials. On the same token, I don't enjoy rugby, even though it "flows," because it's a monotonous lateral fest that winds up a chaotic looking clusterfuck more often than not.

I don't dislike soccer. I'm just indifferent to it. It's yet another goal sport. I already watch basketball and sometimes football when the commercials aren't pissing me off. I'll watch the NHL playoffs. I don't need to add another one.

midnightpulp
04-05-2017, 11:11 AM
World cup qualifying :lol...

Japan has always been a sure shot finalist. Why would it be compared to that. :lol

Your graph has obesseball lose a significant %. In fact almost 35% of its popularity has been lost since 85 :lmao

I wouldn't trust the forumla of a research that has pro soccer over College basketball.

"The, um, data is wrong!"

Such a predictable reply.

College basketball is completely irrelevant until March Madness. And why do you doubt the 4% number for soccer? The Harris methods seeks a sample that is representative of the nation's demographics. Latinos make up like 18% of the population, so all you need is a slice of them. You also assume that favorite sport is ONLY sport followed. Many football fans are usually baseball fans. Many people watch March Madness despite not caring about college basketball the rest of the year.

The NBA actually had the largest peak-to-valley percentage drop. Right after Jordan retired. Proves my point. Most people don't care about the NBA in the States. They care about Lebron and maybe Steph.

apalisoc_9
04-05-2017, 11:15 AM
"The, um, data is wrong!"

Such a predictable reply.

College basketball is completely irrelevant until March Madness. And why do you doubt the 4% number for soccer? The Harris methods seeks a sample that is representative of the nation's demographics. Latinos make up like 18% of the population, so all you need is a slice of them. You also assume that favorite sport is ONLY sport followed. Many football fans are usually baseball fans. Many people watch March Madness despite not caring about college basketball the rest of the year.

The NBA actually had the largest peak-to-valley percentage drop. Right after Jordan retired. Proves my point. Most people don't care about the NBA in the States. They care about Lebron and maybe Steph.

Oh ok. Let me trust your survey.

At least we can now agree that baseball lost 35% of its hardcore fans.

webshad
04-05-2017, 11:16 AM

You guys are so stupid! :lmao

apalisoc_9
04-05-2017, 11:21 AM
You guys are so stupid! :lmao

Ward vs Kovalev on June my nigga. :bobo

midnightpulp
04-05-2017, 11:24 AM
Note. Also searching for television ratings in Japan. Found this for a J-League Final:

J-League cup 2007 Final - 3.4%

Opening day for the NPB did like quadruple that:

https://yakyudb.com/2017/04/03/432017-hanshin-and-yomiuri-opening-day-tv-ratings/

I can't find any men's national team ratings, but the women's final drew:

Japanese broadcaster Fuji TV drew an average audience of 11.6 million for the game,

I assume Japan are soccer bandwagoners like the USA, and the Women's final was the most watched soccer game in US history. I expect a similar result in Japan.

Meanwhile:

The extra-inning thriller won by Japan in 11 innings saw an average TV viewership in Japan of 25.2%, peaking at 32.6% Sunday night, while official attendance for the contest at the Tokyo Dome was 44,326.

midnightpulp
04-05-2017, 11:29 AM
Oh ok. Let me trust your survey.

At least we can now agree that baseball lost 35% of its hardcore fans.

Who says?

Again, you're assuming favorite sport=only sport. I went through periods where football was my favorite sport, basketball, baseball. It changes depending on how competent the league is. Right now, the NFL is the most incompetent. Basketball is very shitty right now overall because of the move to 3 point shooting over everything else. Baseball is constantly evolving and also has the best stat and video-tracking in the world that makes SportVU look stoneaged.

NBA also saw an over 50% drop from the Jordan-era. What happened there? I've told you before, basketball fans are the least hardcore of any. They follow players over the league, teams, and sport.

webshad
04-05-2017, 12:05 PM
Ward vs Kovalev on June my nigga. :bobo

Ward should win easy this time. He can make adjustments as we saw in the 1st fight.

Sergey, however, only knows how to fight 1 style. Will be interesting to see if he makes any adjustment and keep up with it.

Bottom line: Ward should get an easier win than the first fight, but never count out a heavy puncher like Kovalev.

P.S. Interesting fight will be Vladimir vs Joshua. Does Joshua have enough experience? Is Vladimir too old? I just hope Joshua knocks him out, lol, don't like Vladimir.

P.S. Props to Danny Jacobs! Hope he gets a rematch or at least gets a chance at Canelo (I doubt it will ever happen).

Clipper Nation
04-05-2017, 12:09 PM
Hockey was huge in the US in the '80s and '90s. That's why teams started moving/being awarded to non-traditional markets like Dallas, Miami, Tampa Bay, Phoenix, Raleigh, Anaheim, and San Jose.

Fans' attention spans have nothing to do with hockey's struggles here since then. The real reason is because Gary Bettman is an idiot. He's presided over three lockouts, cancelled an entire season, cost his league a TV deal with ESPN, put Stanley Cup Finals games on the Outdoor Life Network, and failed to market the NHL's stars. The NHL had a chance to be a truly national sport, and Bettman blew it. There's a reason he gets booed every year at the Stanley Cup presentation ceremony and the draft.

Brazil
04-05-2017, 12:19 PM
Kind of a bad choppy gif there.

I do agree moonshots can be hard to see, but that's what's kind of cool. You hear the crack of the bat, the ball rockets off, the crowd roars, and you don't wear that fucker is landing.

yeah gif is not good quality.

Now I have watched a couple of baseball games when I was living near Detroit. The first one I was in a middle row and tbh you don't see shit much like hockey tbh, people are desinterested, they use the game to chat, have a drink and eat some wings. They stand up like at 3 occasions for national anthem, for camera kiss stuff and to grab tee shirts and once in a while on a homerun when ball lands in your area.
The second I was with good seats near the action and there yeah I could see the ball and get caught a couple of times to actually watch the game. 2/3 sees shit tho. So it's like watching a mime show in broadway.

Splits
04-05-2017, 01:43 PM
http://i.imgur.com/e9HWr5m.png

http://i.imgur.com/gQHvWpV.png

:lmao 6 threads and none more than 3 pages

Splits
04-05-2017, 01:48 PM
:lmao the front page of espn.com RIGHT NOW

http://i.imgur.com/GKZbBmT.png

:lmao "try zero" while 2 footballers are in the top-8

But 15 active NFL-ers, six active hoopsters, two soccer stars (Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo), two tennis legends (Serena Williams and Roger Federer), one swimmer (Michael Phelps), one hockey player (Sidney Crosby), one sprinter (Usain Bolt), one race car driver (Dale Earnhardt Jr.), one mixed martial artist (Conor McGregor) and one Tiger (Woods) all make appearances on this list before a single active baseball player.

DAF86
04-05-2017, 01:53 PM

Thinking the problem is "marketing". :lol

Clipper Nation
04-05-2017, 02:06 PM
Just another side effect of open borders and illegals swarming into the country, tbh. By the end of Trump's presidency, that list will be full of baseball players with no povertyball actresses to be found.

lefty
04-05-2017, 02:35 PM
http://i.imgur.com/e9HWr5m.png

http://i.imgur.com/gQHvWpV.png

:lmao 6 threads and none more than 3 pages

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

04-05-2017, 03:21 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Clipper Nation
04-05-2017, 03:28 PM
Just read the article, and it turns out that there are more retired baseball players than active povertyballers in the top 50. Jeter, Ortiz, Babe Ruth and Pete Rose vs. Messi and Ronaldo. And the tic-tac-toe krew is actually claiming victory over this... ya gotta believe me :lmao

DeRozan m8
04-05-2017, 03:33 PM
Not as overrated as rugby kent

I dont like rugby tbh

apalisoc_9
04-05-2017, 04:15 PM
Messi and Ronaldo in the top 50..

But we dont care :cry

midnightpulp
04-05-2017, 05:11 PM
Thinking the problem is "marketing". :lol

It is.

"Baseball has always promoted the game," Tellem says. "But it's been more about the game and its history. And it's been less about the individual players."

World Series crushed the NBA Finals this past year.

"Well, Cubs, history."

The NBA Finals was backed by one of the most famous storylines in American sports, the Cleveland Curse, featured the game's two biggest stars, and went to game 7. Still didn't matter. And small market World Series matchups will trounce small market NBA Finals matchups. And l posted earlier that the MLB is over twice as popular as the NBA nationwide per fan polls.

Clipper Nation
04-05-2017, 05:28 PM

The majority of legal American citizens don't care. Illegals and hipster liberals voted those faggots into the top 50. Even then, there were still fewer active povertyballers than retired baseball players.

Splits
04-05-2017, 07:21 PM
Just read the article, and it turns out that there are more retired baseball players than active povertyballers in the top 50. Jeter, Ortiz, Babe Ruth and Pete Rose vs. Messi and Ronaldo. And the tic-tac-toe krew is actually claiming victory over this... ya gotta believe me :lmao

No beisballing in the top-10PERIOD

http://i.imgur.com/nAZq69W.png

:lmao Babe "300lb" Ruth
:lmao David "300lb" Ortiz"
:lmao Pete "an actual inside gambler, not Jordan" Rose

Clipper Nation
04-05-2017, 08:38 PM
It is.

World Series crushed the NBA Finals this past year.

"Well, Cubs, history."

The NBA Finals was backed by one of the most famous storylines in American sports, the Cleveland Curse, featured the game's two biggest stars, and went to game 7. Still didn't matter. And small market World Series matchups will trounce small market NBA Finals matchups. And l posted earlier that the MLB is over twice as popular as the NBA nationwide per fan polls.

:cry "But, but, a bunch of illegals and hipster faggots voted for a couple skinnyfat soccer twinks as their favorite athletes! That means baseball sucks!" :cry

apalisoc_9
04-05-2017, 08:40 PM

:wow

webshad
04-05-2017, 10:24 PM

Case closed!

Baseball is a dying "sport", everyone knows it.

Only a brain damaged person would think it can compete with soccer.

midnightpulp
04-05-2017, 10:42 PM
Case closed!

Baseball is a dying "sport", everyone knows it.

Only a brain damaged person would think it can compete with soccer.

http://oi64.tinypic.com/1datx.jpg

Brain damaged people are the ones who assume things without research, like yourself and most TicTacTrot fans.

:lmao MLS

"MLS sucks! I bet American fans would tune in by the millions to watch the EPL!"

The first of two Premier League matches between Manchester City and Manchester United this season was played at 7am Eastern time on 10 September and drew 623,000 viewers, about 20% less than the first match between the two rivals a year ago which kicked off at 10am ET.)

Florida’s win over Michigan to win the Women’s College World Series easily led cable sports on Wednesday with 2.273 million viewers and a 0.6 adults 18-49 rating on ESPN.

Yeah, case closed.

webshad
04-05-2017, 10:55 PM
http://oi64.tinypic.com/1datx.jpg

Brain damaged people are the ones who assume things without research, like yourself and most TicTacTrot fans.

:lmao MLS

"MLS sucks! I bet American fans would tune in by the millions to watch the EPL!"

Yeah, case closed.

Dumbass, read your own graph, it clearly says "US adults". :lol

So yeah case closed. Sample size is also only 2000 American adults.

Funny how white Americans think the world turns around them. lol :lmao

So yeah, you must be brain dead for thinking baseball even has a chance to compete against soccer, rofl.

And yes, I'm comparing MLB to the world because it calls it final series "the world series".

Funny how retarded it is, the winner of the "American" league faces the winner of the "National" league in the "World" series, hahaha.

midnightpulp
04-05-2017, 11:08 PM

So yeah case closed. Sample size is also only 2000 American adults.

Funny how white Americans think the world turns around them. lol :lmao

So yeah, you must be brain dead for thinking baseball even has a chance to compete against soccer, rofl.

And yes, I'm comparing MLB to the world because it calls it final series "the world series".

Funny how retarded it is, the winner of the "American" league faces the winner of the "National" league in the "World" series, hahaha.

You're the dumbass. Polling kids makes no sense because their tastes change with the wind. Anyhow, here's a polling showing which sports kid watch on TV:

http://i65.tinypic.com/w2dtm0.png

Soccer really is the sport of the "youth."

And if any sport is deader than a doornail, it's boxing. How do you feel about that? :lol

And we're not talking about world wide ratings. Keep up.

webshad
04-05-2017, 11:16 PM
You're the dumbass. Polling kids makes no sense because their tastes change with the wind. Anyhow, here's a polling showing which sports kid watch on TV:

http://i65.tinypic.com/w2dtm0.png

Soccer really is the sport of the "youth."

And if any sport is deader than a doornail, it's boxing. How do you feel about that? :lol

And we're not talking about world wide ratings. Keep up.

No, you stupid, it wasn't about polling kids. Your sample size is "US" males, not international even though your desperate MLB claims to crown the "WORLD" series winner. But you only bring an american poll, talk about being hypocritical.

midnightpulp
04-05-2017, 11:18 PM
No, you stupid, I wasn't about polling kids. Your sample size is for "US" males, not international even though your desperate MLB claims to crown the "WORLD" series winner. But you only bring an american poll, talk about being hypocritical.

Did you follow the argument? Splits posted that American's favorite athletes poll to suggest that baseball is "dying" in the US.

An idea easily debunked. And the poll wasn't US Males, it was US Adults. Keep up.

DAF86
04-05-2017, 11:20 PM

Top 8, tbh.

webshad
04-05-2017, 11:24 PM
Did you follow the argument? Splits posted that American's favorite athletes poll to suggest that baseball is "dying" in the US.

An idea easily debunked. And the poll wasn't US Males, it was US Adults. Keep up.

Hmm.. what did my first post say:

And follow my argument, winner of American league faces the winner of National league in the "World" series. LOL. Baseball is apparently the world's sport, now.

midnightpulp
04-05-2017, 11:28 PM
Hmm.. what did my first post say:

And follow my argument, winner of American league faces the winner of National league in the "World" series. LOL. Baseball is apparently the world's sport, now.

Your second post said US males. Good on you to correct.

Who gives a shit what the MLB calls their final round? We're not even talking about that. And yeah, the name is apt because the best baseball players from around the world play in the MLB and the World Series decides who is the MLB champion. Soccer fans complain about the most inane shit.

webshad
04-05-2017, 11:36 PM
Your second post said US males. Good on you to correct.

Who gives a shit what the MLB calls their final round? We're not even talking about that. And yeah, the name is apt because the best baseball players from around the world play in the MLB and the World Series decides who is the MLB champion. Soccer fans complain about the most inane shit.

Nah, dude, the history of baseball is that it was trying to compete with soccer hence it called it "world's" series.

Americans tried to create its own sports to differ from the English that's from sociology class.

So the name matters because they failed majorly.

midnightpulp
04-05-2017, 11:39 PM
Nah, dude, the history of baseball is that it was trying to compete with soccer hence it called it "world's" series.

Americans tried to create its own sports to differ from the English that's from sociology class.

So the name matters because they failed majorly.

Baseball never tried to compete with soccer. Where you getting this shit?

Baseball is also an English game. Americans didn't create it out of thin air to differentiate itself from cricket.

webshad
04-05-2017, 11:43 PM
Baseball never tried to compete with soccer. Where you getting this shit?

Baseball is also an English game. Americans didn't create it out of thin air to differentiate itself from cricket.

Here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CI5RmkupTEs

Already posted the link long ago on a different thread.

midnightpulp
04-05-2017, 11:49 PM
Here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CI5RmkupTEs

Already posted the link long ago on a different thread.

I'm not going to watch all of that. If you're familiar with the video, tell me at which point he says Americans chose baseball over soccer because of American Exceptionalism (I can easily debunk that idea).

webshad
04-05-2017, 11:52 PM
I'm not going to watch all of that. If you're familiar with the video, tell me at which point he says Americans chose baseball over soccer because of American Exceptionalism (I can easily debunk that idea).

Around the 29:00 mark, he will talk about how soccer was viewed as an alien sport in America.

America was very nationalist and viewed soccer as European. They wanted their own thing. Anyways, it is not his opinion, rather opinions of writers/historians.

When you have the time, I suggest you watch the entire lecture because it is quite interesting.

midnightpulp
04-06-2017, 12:01 AM
Around the 29:00 mark, he will talk about how soccer was viewed as an alien sport in America.

America was very nationalist and viewed soccer as European. They wanted their own thing. Anyways, it is not his opinion, rather opinions of writers/historians.

When you have the time, I suggest you watch the entire lecture because it is quite interesting.

This is a commonly held myth that just isn't true.

Read the first paragraph of how this upstart soccer league was rivaling the NFL in popularity.

http://www.slate.com/articles/sports/sports_nut/2010/06/the_secret_history_of_american_soccer.html

FIFA's mafioso style meddling in our domestic league situation is what killed soccer in the US. Not some xenophobic fear of "foreign things."

However, the Soccer Wars had permanently crippled the ASL and it collapsed at the end of the 1933 spring season. Ironically, while USFA and FIFA "won" the wars and established their pre-eminence over the ASL, the spectacle of a U.S. athletic association conspiring with a European organization to undermine a U.S. athletic league alienated many U.S. sports fans by creating an image of soccer as a sport controlled by foreigners. These fans turned their backs on soccer, relegating the sport to the position of a minor league, ethnic-based sport for decades to come.

Baseball was also long established in the colonies before Association soccer was even invented. Bat-and-ball games have a longer history in England than "foot" ball games.

webshad
04-06-2017, 12:13 AM
This is a commonly held myth that just isn't true.

Read the first paragraph of how this upstart soccer league was rivaling the NFL in popularity.

http://www.slate.com/articles/sports/sports_nut/2010/06/the_secret_history_of_american_soccer.html

FIFA's mafioso style meddling in our domestic league situation is what killed soccer in the US. Not some xenophobic fear of "foreign things."

Baseball was also long established in the colonies before Association soccer was even invented. Bat-and-ball games have a longer history in England than "foot" ball games.

This is an interesting article, but it's pretty obvious how American news writer hate on soccer.

Just watch the entire lecture and the professor will bring many articles/references like yours, always blaming soccer.

midnightpulp
04-06-2017, 12:28 AM
This is an interesting article, but it's pretty obvious how American news writer hate on soccer.

Just watch the entire lecture and the professor will bring many articles/references like yours, always blaming soccer.

This is true of some modern writers, but my point is that "fear of foreign things" isn't what derailed soccer in the US in its early stages. I watched more of the video, and the professor is right that soccer's timing was bad. The US sports landscape already had baseball, american football, boxing, ice hockey and tennis. And then when soccer finally gained some momentum in the 20's, FIFA killed the domestic league.

And a lot of the resistance from sport writers against soccer is because it's been constantly shoved down our throats since the US hosted the 1994 World Cup, with talking heads on the other side of the debate telling American sports fans we need to "love it" because it's the world's game. I had some passing interest in it. It faded. I don't dislike it because it's foreign, I'm indifferent to it because I don't find it all that interesting.

webshad
04-06-2017, 12:35 AM
This is true of some modern writers, but my point is that "fear of foreign things" isn't what derailed soccer in the US in its early stages. I watched more of the video, and the professor is right that soccer's timing was bad. The US sports landscape already had baseball, american football, boxing, ice hockey and tennis. And then when soccer finally gained some momentum in the 20's, FIFA killed the domestic league.

And a lot of the resistance from sport writers against soccer is because it's been constantly shoved down our throats since the US hosted the 1994 World Cup, with talking heads on the other side of the debate telling American sports fans we need to "love it" because it's the world's game. I had some passing interest in it. It faded. I don't dislike it because it's foreign, I'm indifferent to it because I don't find it all that interesting.

Yes, it is an interesting lecture.

I don't watch either sport unless there's a big game like the world cup semi or finals.

I watched the world series online because it was game 7, or else I wouldn't have. I don't care for baseball anymore, it lost its prestige for some reason. Really boring now.

I could watch a soccer game with a friend or family, but no way can I tough out watching a random baseball game even with friends or family.

midnightpulp
04-06-2017, 12:46 AM
Yes, it is an interesting lecture.

I don't watch either sport unless there's a big game like the world cup semi or finals.

I watched the world series online because it was game 7, or else I wouldn't have. I don't care for baseball anymore, it lost its prestige for some reason. Really boring now.

I could watch a soccer game with a friend or family, but no way can I tough out watching a random baseball game even with friends or family.

I'm of the opinion that no sport is boring if you're open minded and learn the nuances of the sport. I'm not telling you to research baseball or anything so can you "like it," but all of the big sports have something to offer. I just don't have the time to add soccer to my sports consumption and I do very much hate when big matches are decided by either penalty kicks or shootouts. My last hurrah with soccer was the 2014 World Cup. The Mexico vs. Holland match was tightly contested and rather entertaining, then Robben dives in the box and the Netherlands are basically gifted a win. And I usually like watching Mexico lose in anything, but they were screwed.

Now someone might tell me that Robben was indeed fouled, even if he did exaggerate the contact. It still doesn't fix the fact that penalty kicks are disproportionate. Robben wasn't even in a legitimate scoring position.

He was making a move opposite of the goal and lost possession of the ball before he was "fouled." He had no chance at scoring. Yet he gets a free goal.

http://www.bluelionsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Arjen-Robben-Dive-GIF.gif

Just too many instances like this in soccer for me to "embrace" it.

webshad
04-06-2017, 12:53 AM
I'm of the opinion that no sport is boring if you're open minded and learn the nuances of the sport. I'm not telling you to research baseball or anything so can you "like it," but all of the big sports have something to offer. I just don't have the time to add soccer to my sports consumption and I do very much hate when big matches are decided by either penalty kicks or shootouts. My last hurrah with soccer was the 2014 World Cup. The Mexico vs. Holland match was tightly contested and rather entertaining, then Robben dives in the box and the Netherlands are basically gifted a win. And I usually like watching Mexico lose in anything, but they were screwed.

Now someone might tell me that Robben was indeed fouled, even if he did exaggerate the contact. It still doesn't fix the fact that penalty kicks are disproportionate. Robben wasn't even in a legitimate scoring position.

He was making a move opposite of the goal and lost possession of the ball before he was "fouled." He had no chance at scoring. Yet he gets a free goal.

http://www.bluelionsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Arjen-Robben-Dive-GIF.gif

That's nothing, the worse was when Rivaldo faking during corner kick during the Brazil vs Turkey game in 1998 I believe, I don't remember.

Unfortunately, cheating is part of sports. We have this is basketball, PDE in baseball other sports, spying/dirty tactics in football, etc etc

I believe what Jeff van Gundy said that athletes are habitual liars, don't believe them.

pookenstein
04-06-2017, 01:13 AM

1. That was a foul.
2. You have the same shit in Basketball. Player A tries to steal the ball from Player B midcourt, but gets him on the arm. No legitimate scoring position for B, but Team A is over the foul limit. Player B gets FT's.

midnightpulp
04-06-2017, 01:18 AM
1. That was a foul.
2. You have the same shit in Basketball. Player A tries to steal the ball from Player B midcourt, but gets him on the arm. No legitimate scoring position for B, but Team A is over the foul limit. Player B gets FT's.

Difference is it's not massively difficult to score in basketball, so you can overcome a bad call. One bad call in soccer usually decides a game.

pookenstein
04-06-2017, 01:52 AM
Difference is it's not massively difficult to score in basketball, so you can overcome a bad call. One bad call in soccer usually decides a game.

I agree (of course) that it's easier to score in Basetball, but still a "No" overall. You have plenty of bad calls in Football as well. Wrong free kick. Off side or not. And so on. The majority of wrong calls are (or can be) overcome in Football as well.
OTOH you have plenty of bad calls that have decided BB-games. Foul call, which should have been an offensive foul. Wrong Team gets the inbound...
Spurs-OKC in last year's PO...

midnightpulp
04-06-2017, 02:11 AM
I agree (of course) that it's easier to score in Basetball, but still a "No" overall. You have plenty of bad calls in Football as well. Wrong free kick. Off side or not. And so on. The majority of wrong calls are (or can be) overcome in Football as well.
OTOH you have plenty of bad calls that have decided BB-games. Foul call, which should have been an offensive foul. Wrong Team gets the inbound...
Spurs-OKC in last year's PO...

I agree that end of game officiating in basketball approaches soccer levels of bullshit, but bad calls in basketball prior to the last minutes of the 4th can usually be overcome. A soccer team faces a mammoth task of overcoming an even 1 goal deficit provided the teams are evenly matched. For the record, I also despise pass interference calls in the NFL. Same shit. You're rewarding yardage based on an unproven assumption (that the player would've caught the ball). And NFL receivers are starting to "act" a lot more.

I think hockey handles penalties the best as far as goal sports go.

pookenstein
04-06-2017, 02:51 AM
I agree that end of game officiating in basketball approaches soccer levels of bullshit, but bad calls in basketball prior to the last minutes of the 4th can usually be overcome. A soccer team faces a mammoth task of overcoming an even 1 goal deficit provided the teams are evenly matched. For the record, I also despise pass interference calls in the NFL. Same shit. You're rewarding yardage based on an unproven assumption (that the player would've caught the ball). And NFL receivers are starting to "act" a lot more.

I think hockey handles penalties the best as far as goal sports go.

You're assumig the better Team benefits of a bad call. Good Teams suffer their share of bad calls as well and are often able to come back. Bayern for example had ten games where they trailed this season and only lost four of them. Won five and got a draw once.

midnightpulp
04-06-2017, 03:06 AM
You're assumig the better Team benefits of a bad call. Good Teams suffer their share of bad calls as well and are often able to come back. Bayern for example had ten games where they trailed this season and only lost four of them. Won five and got a draw once.

Still, penalties in other sports aren't as punishing as they are in soccer. This isn't bias on my part. In a clock-based sport in which scoring in low, it's simply mathematically harder to make a comeback. The most common soccer score is 1-0.

pookenstein
04-06-2017, 04:26 AM
Still, penalties in other sports aren't as punishing as they are in soccer. This isn't bias on my part. In a clock-based sport in which scoring in low, it's simply mathematically harder to make a comeback. The most common soccer score is 1-0.

Most common score is not 1-0, but I get what you're saying.

midnightpulp
04-06-2017, 05:44 AM
Most common score is not 1-0, but I get what you're saying.

Take the most common final score, for example. In 188,060 league games,2 the final tally was most often 1-0, proof, for Curley, that soccer was as low-scoring as he suspected. This result has occurred in more than 30,000 games — 16 percent of the total. Other common scores: 2-1 (about 27,000 games), 2-0 (about 22,000) and 1-1 (about 22,000).

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/in-126-years-english-football-has-seen-13475-nil-nil-draws/

pookenstein
04-06-2017, 05:56 AM
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/in-126-years-english-football-has-seen-13475-nil-nil-draws/

You're right. Although your link only breaks down the numbers in english Football.

But what I meant to say was the average amount of goals scored in a game is not 1-0.

Splits
04-06-2017, 05:57 AM

So 1 out of every 14 games ends 0-0, yet that is the fatbol fan's go to argument on this board. Got it :tu

midnightpulp
04-06-2017, 06:41 AM
So 1 out of every 14 games ends 0-0, yet that is the fatbol fan's go to argument on this board. Got it :tu

That's 1 too many :lol

And our go to argument against TicTacTrot is the prevalence of ties, which occur at a 30% rate :lmao

But there's running (jogging) around and the game ends in 2 hours, so it's okay.

midnightpulp
04-06-2017, 06:45 AM
You're right. Although your link only breaks down the numbers in english Football.

But what I meant to say was the average amount of goals scored in a game is not 1-0.

Yeah, I wasn't implying the average soccer game score is 1-0, just that it's the most common score.

Splits
04-06-2017, 10:54 AM
That's 1 too many :lol

And our go to argument against TicTacTrot is the prevalence of ties, which occur at a 30% rate :lmao

But there's running (jogging) around and the game ends in 2 hours, so it's okay.

You need to brush up on your math.

And also send me my $100.

midnightpulp
04-06-2017, 10:56 AM
You need to brush up on your math.

And also send me my $100.

https://espnfivethirtyeight.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/roeder-feature-soccerboring-2.png?quality=90&strip=all&w=575&ssl=1

"But I'm in and out in 2 hours." :lmao

Splits
04-06-2017, 11:13 AM
https://espnfivethirtyeight.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/roeder-feature-soccerboring-2.png?quality=90&strip=all&w=575&ssl=1

"But I'm in and out in 2 hours." :lmao

The 16% 1-0 data you're quoting comes from the chart below. The numbers in the blue box add up to 25%. Be consistent.

http://i.imgur.com/bqBOFwL.png

And yes, I'm not the type of person who enjoys commercial break after commercial break while barely anything happens in between. I'm a busy man, and don't have 3 hours a day to sit on the couch and watch fat guys stand around.

If you watched every MLB game of a season, and did nothing else with your life but sleep, you would only get 4.6 hours of shuteye a night :lmao

http://www.sbnation.com/2011/4/2/2086740/baseball-schedule-2011-mlb

midnightpulp
04-06-2017, 11:30 AM
The 16% 1-0 data you're quoting comes from the chart below. The numbers in the blue box add up to 25%. Be consistent.

http://i.imgur.com/bqBOFwL.png

And yes, I'm not the type of person who enjoys commercial break after commercial break while barely anything happens in between. I'm a busy man, and don't have 3 hours a day to sit on the couch and watch fat guys stand around.

If you watched every MLB game of a season, and did nothing else with your life but sleep, you would only get 4.6 hours of shuteye a night :lmao

http://www.sbnation.com/2011/4/2/2086740/baseball-schedule-2011-mlb

Need to read the article more carefully, my man.

The box graph is for every English soccer game from 1888-2014. I'm talking about modern soccer. And you can see modern soccer results in a draw about 30% of the time. It makes sense earlier games had less draws because they would continue play the next day, or so I've read.

If you watched every MLB game of a season, and did nothing else with your life but sleep, you would only get 4.6 hours of shuteye a night

???

How is this a burn of any kind? Most baseball fans watch only their team and maybe a big division match up (Sox-Yanks, etc). Average MLB game length is 3 hours.

Fat Guys

Debunked.

http://oi63.tinypic.com/347tdee.jpg

Splits
04-06-2017, 11:35 AM
So 16% of all EPL games in history is your talking point for 1-0 final scores, but you want to apply a different standard to draws. Got it.

lol using American college student data as if that is close to representative of anything. Most MLBers don't even go to college, and the world's best footballers certainly don't go to American uni.

I also don't get the lol draw schtick. It's not like there are co-champions of a league or the WC. Plenty of sports have draws:

Boxing
Hockey
Non-American Cricket
Rugby
NFL until 1974
AUS rules football
Japanese beisbol

midnightpulp
04-06-2017, 11:41 AM
lol using American college student data as if that is close to representative of anything. Most MLBers don't even go to college, and the world's best footballers certainly don't go to American uni.

I also don't get the lol draw schtick. It's not like there are co-champions of a league or the WC. Plenty of sports have draws:

Boxing
Hockey
Non-American Cricket
Rugby
NFL until 1974
AUS rules football
Japanese beisbol

Not at a 30% rate.

Okay. Let's use Brazilian data:

http://www.scielo.mec.pt/img/revistas/mot/v10n4/10n04a11t1.jpg

14% body fat.

Peer reviewed, published study:

http://oi65.tinypic.com/30syfsw.jpg

I told Hater this. You guys think soccer players are in good shape full stop because they're "thin," but in reality, they simply have no muscle mass and look like anorexia sufferers more often than not.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTkeSprWju4eFv21cOMdK5PmYJJ1MVcm pClLiijTXeBn8CYq4vd

Here's a "fat" baseball player with an "obese" 28ish BMI.

https://scontent-sjc2-1.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/s640x640/sh0.08/e35/12534490_1530915810539285_1431368568_n.jpg

Splits
04-06-2017, 11:56 AM
Cherry picking your "data" sources again. I have no idea where that Brazilian "data" comes from, but the US government says EPL players are about 10 +/-2

http://i.imgur.com/XvnfEf5.png (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19847685)

versus 14 +/- 3 for fatbollers

midnightpulp
04-06-2017, 11:58 AM
I mean, what is this, an elite athlete or a 12 year old kid?

http://famewatcher.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/neymar-shirtless.jpg

vs.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CLz2y_KWsAA4zBS.jpg

midnightpulp
04-06-2017, 12:01 PM
Cherry picking your "data" sources again. I have no idea where that Brazilian "data" comes from, but the US government says EPL players are about 10 +/-2

http://i.imgur.com/XvnfEf5.png (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19847685)

versus 14 +/- 3 for fatbollers

http://www.scielo.mec.pt/scielo.php?script=sci_arttext&pid=S1646-107X2014000400011

The fatball name still makes zero sense since 13.8% isn't fat. Try a different shtick more based in reality. Maybe try length of game again. That's always a good one.

But if you want to quibble over BF percentages I guess soccer is fatball compared to basketball:

At the recent 2015 NBA Draft Combine in Chicago, 63 NBA hopefuls completed their anthropometric measurements. The median body fat percentage in the group was 7.44%,

Splits
04-06-2017, 12:04 PM
Oh I forgot when we had this discussion a couple years ago, your average fatboller doesn't even qualify as an athlete according to the American Council on Exercise :lol

http://i.imgur.com/JyGATHH.png

apalisoc_9
04-06-2017, 12:09 PM
Oh I forgot when we had this discussion a couple years ago, your average fatboller doesn't even qualify as an athlete according to the American Council on Exercise :lol

midnightpulp
04-06-2017, 12:12 PM

This stupid graph again.

I guess NFL lineman aren't athletes. Or wrestlers. Or shotputters. Or boxers. Or fat basketball players like Tony Parker, Kyle Lowry, LMA and Boris Diaw. Or ice hockey players.

The same is true of Olympic ice hockey players, with men having about 13 percent body fat

Brazil
04-06-2017, 05:18 PM
You can tell today's NBA is shit... most of the NBA forum is about fatball and football tbh :lol

I wonder who still watches NBA nowadays

hater
04-06-2017, 05:35 PM

:lmao :lol

Clipper Nation
04-06-2017, 05:52 PM
Mid humiliating the tic-tac-toe krew, per par.

apalisoc_9
04-06-2017, 08:54 PM
You can tell today's NBA is shit... most of the NBA forum is about fatball and football tbh :lol

I wonder who still watches NBA nowadays

NBA journalism today is starting to echo and copy the 90s and mid 2000 click sales like bait articles. The game is still awesome. I just think the media has significantly regressed the last three years.

midnightpulp
04-06-2017, 09:06 PM
NBA journalism today is starting to echo and copy the 90s and mid 2000 click sales like bait articles. The game is still awesome. I just think the media has significantly regressed the last three years.

It's pretty bad. And per game design, basketball is broken right now. It's stuck on stupid to award 50% more points for a shot that isn't 50% harder to make.

And you being a fan of tactical diversity, the 3 point line forces a binary strategy of attack the rim or shoot a 3. Literally 75% of the court is "useless." Post-game is all but dead. Midrange game is all but dead.

I understand why coaches and players first saw the 3 point line as a gimmick.

It makes for a fast paced game, though. And I guess that's all that matters in our social media addicted world.

apalisoc_9
04-06-2017, 09:18 PM
It's pretty bad. And per game design, basketball is broken right now. It's stuck on stupid to award 50% more points for a shot that isn't 50% harder to make.

And you being a fan of tactical diversity, the 3 point line forces a binary strategy of attack the rim or shoot a 3. Literally 75% of the court is "useless." Post-game is all but dead. Midrange game is all but dead.

I understand why coaches and players first saw the 3 point line as a gimmick.

It makes for a fast paced game, though. And I guess that's all that matters in our social media addicted world.

You don't watch enough mid-tier and low-tier NBA basketball I guess. There's plenty of teams that play a diversified style of basketball, part of is neccisity obviously. Jazz, Clippers, Spurs, Wizards, Nuggets, etc have diversified ways of playing baskebtall.

Can't magnify the league based on Houston-Cavs and specially the warriors.

Social Media is awesome, but the Explosion of Social Media...particularly post 2013 imo has made it extremely easy for Journalism to base their work on sale click opinion or articles.

So I agree social media does love the fast paced game. It also has destroyed how fans in general evaluate teams and Players. Everyone nowadys have silly confirmation bias it seems.

No one wants to actually learn and watch basketball..lebron this lebron that etc. Westbrook this whatever..curry whatever.

Its toxic. The game is fantastic, bit wouldn't surprise me if the NBA start losing Hardcore fans as the NBA continues to target mainstream.

Did you know fans now have a vote on DPOY, MVP etc. :lol

Its becoming a popularity contest. :lol

midnightpulp
04-06-2017, 09:37 PM
You don't watch enough mid-tier and low-tier NBA basketball I guess. There's plenty of teams that play a diversified style of basketball, part of is neccisity obviously. Jazz, Clippers, Spurs, Wizards, Nuggets, etc have diversified ways of playing baskebtall.

Can't magnify the league based on Houston-Cavs and specially the warriors.

Social Media is awesome, but the Explosion of Social Media...particularly post 2013 imo has made it extremely easy for Journalism to base their work on sale click opinion or articles.

So I agree social media does love the fast paced game. It also has destroyed how fans in general evaluate teams and Players. Everyone nowadys have silly confirmation bias it seems.

No one wants to actually learn and watch basketball..lebron this lebron that etc. Westbrook this whatever..curry whatever.

Its toxic. The game is fantastic, bit wouldn't surprise me if the NBA start losing Hardcore fans as the NBA continues to target mainstream.

Did you know fans now have a vote on DPOY, MVP etc. :lol

Its becoming a popularity contest. :lol

They have no chance of winning anything aside from maybe the Spurs, who are in my mind a longshot without a lucky injury break to the Warriors.

I've talked about this before in the Kawhi-Antiquated thread. It's a nigh-impossible task for a mid-range or post-centric offensive player or team to overcome the efficiency battle against a "Moreyball" style. The average shooting percentage from 4-22 feet is around 43%.

https://espngrantland.files.wordpress.com/2015/10/pointspershot1152.jpg?quality=100&strip=all

Now we're going to get a generation of NBA players who don't develop an in between game. And the most skillful offensive play has historically taken place in the "in between." (Post-ups, dribble-posts, finding cutters from doubles off the post etc). Now we just get pick-and-roll spam. Same thing kind of happened with the NFL following the rule changes. Run game is a worse option the majority of the time.

NBA is smart to pursue casuals. It's always been kind of a casual fan league. The NBA Finals ratings dropped in half following Jordan's retirement. Most NBA "fans" just care about individual players and highlights. I really, really want to see a Spurs vs. Bucks finals or something. But likely, gonna be Steph and Bron again :sleep

DAF86
04-07-2017, 12:16 AM

Argument closer. :lmao

midnightpulp
04-07-2017, 02:04 AM
Argument closer. :lmao

So 80% of NFL players aren't athletes?

https://breddydotorg.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/packers-body-composition-data.png

SanAntonioSpurs23
04-07-2017, 04:50 AM
Hey faggots, Povertyball and Fatball are equally fucking shitty. /thread

DAF86
04-07-2017, 12:26 PM
So 80% of NFL players aren't athletes?

https://breddydotorg.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/packers-body-composition-data.png

To tell you the truth, I didn't even read the graph. I just saw a lot of folks quoting it and pulling a 140, so I decidade to join the party. :lol

Clipper Nation
04-07-2017, 01:04 PM
Why did you list the same "sport" twice?

Caltex2
04-07-2017, 10:54 PM
Hockey was huge in the US in the '80s and '90s. That's why teams started moving/being awarded to non-traditional markets like Dallas, Miami, Tampa Bay, Phoenix, Raleigh, Anaheim, and San Jose.

Fans' attention spans have nothing to do with hockey's struggles here since then. The real reason is because Gary Bettman is an idiot. He's presided over three lockouts, cancelled an entire season, cost his league a TV deal with ESPN, put Stanley Cup Finals games on the Outdoor Life Network, and failed to market the NHL's stars. The NHL had a chance to be a truly national sport, and Bettman blew it. There's a reason he gets booed every year at the Stanley Cup presentation ceremony and the draft.

Yeah but it's also because you can't grow up playing it in half the country, at least not in a natural environment.

Clipper Nation
04-11-2017, 06:51 PM
Brantley walks it off against the White Sox (:lol Blizzardwizard (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=42696)) just now. Rizzo walked it off against the Dodgers last night.

It's only the first month and this baseball season is already more thrilling than the entire history of povertyball.

spurraider21
04-12-2017, 02:03 AM
this

Why did you list the same "sport" twice?you cant on one hand cheer mid on for calling floptrot players anorexic and then in the same breath call them fat

lefty
04-12-2017, 11:16 AM
Brantley walks it off against the White Sox (:lol Blizzardwizard (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=42696)) just now. Rizzo walked it off against the Dodgers last night.

It's only the first month and this baseball season is already more thrilling than the entire history of povertyball.

That's a lot of walking in a short amount of time for beisbol players

Did they dieded?