PDA

View Full Version : Tony is playable against Memphis

spurraider21
04-04-2017, 09:09 PM
Against max contract Conley...

likely first round matchup

sananspursfan21
04-04-2017, 09:12 PM
Good! Maybe he can get some confidence and build off of that. He still shows flashes of his former speedy self when he's feeling it.

Robz4000
04-04-2017, 09:14 PM
Unfortunately its looking like the bench outside Gasol isn't. Gonna need the Big 3 to carry the team.

Arcadian
04-04-2017, 09:14 PM
:lol

DarrinS
04-04-2017, 09:40 PM
Good thing Spurs have players to defend Tony's man

Budkin
04-04-2017, 09:50 PM
:lmao

dabom
04-04-2017, 10:04 PM

FkLA
04-04-2017, 10:05 PM
Until he decides he's going to put his hero cape on and be the man down the stretch. :lol

spursistan
04-04-2017, 10:15 PM
Tried his best to hero us out of it..This faggot needs to know how to control a game even when he is having good night..

gambit1990
04-04-2017, 10:16 PM

TD 21
04-04-2017, 10:23 PM
You idiots can blame Parker all you want, but this was more about Kawhi DeRozan and to a lesser extent (he barely touched the ball) Aldridge, who were brutal offensively down the stretch. Nothing but contested, off the dribble mid rangers and tunnel vision.

DeRozan's penchant for missing Gasol wide open all season is frustrating. He's wide open a pass away and instead DeRozan is jacking up a horse shot (one handed, cross body hook from about 15). Then the next possession, with a dwindling shot clock, he inexplicably throws a grenade to non shooter Simmons, who's just as inexplicably being guarded from three.

They should be embarrassed by the Grizzlies, closing with a fringe rotation guard and two fringe NBA guards, still pushing them to the end, in a game they clearly wanted.

DAF86
04-04-2017, 10:26 PM
You idiots can blame Parker all you want, but this was more about Kawhi DeRozan and to a lesser extent (he barely touched the ball) Aldridge, who were brutal offensively down the stretch. Nothing but contested, off the dribble mid rangers and tunnel vision.

DeRozan's penchant for missing Gasol wide open all season is frustrating. He's wide open a pass away and instead DeRozan is jacking up a horse shot (one handed, cross body hook from about 15). Then the next possession, with a dwindling shot clock, he inexplicably throws a grenade to non shooter Simmons, who's just as inexplicably being guarded from three.

They should be embarrassed by the Grizzlies, closing with a fringe rotation guard and two fringe NBA guards, still pushing them to the end, in a game they clearly wanted.

Dude, chill out. We would be fighting with Denver and Portland for a playoffs spot if not for Kawhi, besides you're missing the point that it was Kawhi the one that created the two three's that sealed the game on OT, first with the drive and kick to Gasol and then with the drive and kick to Simmons who found Patty on the corner, all thanks to the shift that Kawhi's atrack created.

Robz4000
04-04-2017, 10:28 PM
Just terrible play all around down the stretch.

FkLA
04-04-2017, 10:37 PM

gambit1990
04-04-2017, 10:37 PM
Just terrible play all around down the stretch.
seriously.

sasaint
04-04-2017, 10:41 PM

Not to mention Z-Bo kept Memphis in the game by murdering Aldridge - especially on the offensive boards.

$pursDynasty
04-04-2017, 10:43 PM
Until OT microwave wasn't

ducks
04-04-2017, 10:45 PM
Spurs 17-4 since all star break

bic50
04-04-2017, 10:58 PM

garbage

$pursDynasty
04-04-2017, 11:02 PM
Tony and Mills both have 10 points, Tony 4 for 8, Patty 3 for 7, HOTS 1 TO, microwave has 2 but short bus would have you believe Patty outplayed him. Smh pushing agendas.

spurraider21
04-15-2017, 08:00 PM
bump

DAF86
04-15-2017, 08:01 PM
bump

Bro, don't do this. This shit has jinx written all over it.

benefactor
04-15-2017, 08:01 PM
:tu

spurraider21
04-17-2017, 09:22 PM
:wow HOTS

spurraider21
04-17-2017, 09:23 PM
Bro, don't do this. This shit has jinx written all over it.:cry he doesn't speak spanish, stop insisting he doesn't always suck all the time :cry

ohmwrecker
04-17-2017, 09:28 PM
10pts 9min

DAF86
04-17-2017, 09:32 PM
:cry he doesn't speak spanish, stop insisting he doesn't always suck all the time :cry

You bumped this shit on the first quarter of game 1 son, that shit had jinx written all over it. Hopefully it didn't happen. I'm all in for sucking off our players once the game is over, tbh.

P/S: You still thinking I'm a Tony hater. :lol

Play Boban
04-20-2017, 10:42 PM
0-4, 0 points tbh.

ElNono
04-20-2017, 10:46 PM
'letdown' game... non issue

duncan2k5
04-21-2017, 07:25 AM
Typical Tony...I'm used to it...I've been telling you guys this the entire season...I guess some ppl will learn the hard way...

Clipper Nation
04-21-2017, 08:05 AM
:lol P0rker stans getting cucked like Brent Barry in his prime, tbh.

TampaDude
04-21-2017, 11:55 AM
ZERO POINTS, ZERO ASSISTS :lol

spurraider21
04-25-2017, 10:42 PM
me

DAF86
04-25-2017, 10:44 PM
Pleasent surprise, tbh. Fulfilling that 2 threes per game at home. Just let it fly Tony.

TheGreatYacht
04-25-2017, 10:46 PM
'letdown' game... non issue
^ knew Game 3 was an anomaly:wow

DPG21920
04-25-2017, 10:48 PM
Pleasent surprise, tbh. Fulfilling that 2 threes per game at home. Just let it fly Tony.

And that is not even his role. Amazing how he's stepping up to do the job others should be doing.

FkLA
04-25-2017, 10:48 PM
HOTS :worthy:

DAF86
04-25-2017, 10:51 PM
And that is not even his role. Amazing how he's stepping up to do the job others should be doing.

Subtle Manu shot, tbh. :lol

Anyway, in today's NBA, hitting open threes should be the role of any perimiter player, tbh.

DPG21920
04-25-2017, 11:07 PM
Subtle Manu shot, tbh. :lol

Anyway, in today's NBA, hitting open threes should be the role of any perimiter player, tbh.

Not a shot - honest assessment. Spurs outside of Kawhi (and today) have sucked from 3 except from TP. Not just Manu. Just saying it's special what TP is doing.

Chris
04-25-2017, 11:12 PM
http://i.imgur.com/8FxEa.gif

DAF86
04-25-2017, 11:22 PM
Not a shot - honest assessment. Spurs outside of Kawhi (and today) have sucked from 3 except from TP. Not just Manu. Just saying it's special what TP is doing.

Patty was shooting 42% from 3 before tonight, 50% after this game. Danny was hitting 36% from 3 before tonight (not great, but not bad either). Pau is shooting 57%. Only shooter trully struggling is Manu, tbh.

And again, perimeter players hitting open threes at an above average rate shouldn't be anything "special" for a contender. That's why I've been asking Tony to develop that ability for years now. It really shouldn't be so hard for him to hit between 1 and 2 threes per game on about 37% on those wide open corner threes he takes. I don't think it's a crazy request and, as proven by this series, it would make wonders for the Spurs contending chances.

DPG21920
04-25-2017, 11:28 PM
Patty was shooting 42% from 3 before tonight, 50% after this game. Danny was hitting 36% from 3 before tonight (not great, but not bad either). Pau is shooting 57%. Only shooter trully struggling is Manu, tbh.

And again, perimeter players hitting open threes at an above average rate shouldn't be anything "special" for a contender. That's why I've been asking Tony to develop that ability for years now. It really shouldn't be so hard for him to hit between 1 and 2 threes per game on about 37% on those wide open corner threes he takes. I don't think it's a crazy request and, as proven by this series, it would make wonders for the Spurs contending chances.

Patty on the road was poor. Manu was poor. Pau was poor. Spurs were 2-20 from 3 in game 4. That is what I'm saying. There are a ton of PG's that don't hit 3's too. It would be like saying it's not a crazy request for a PG in Mills to be able to run a competent offense but he can't.

DAF86
04-25-2017, 11:42 PM
There are a ton of PG's that don't hit 3's too.

Like who? Only ones I can think of are Wall (who is an all-star that doesn't really need to hit 3's 'cause in most cases he is the one getting into the lane to create for others), Westbrook (ditto to the max), and Rondo (who's a fucking cancer).

It would be like saying it's not a crazy request for a PG in Mills to be able to run a competent offense but he can't.

That's a major overblown concept pushed by you and a few others with a clear agenda, tbh. Mills is just another shoot first SG in the body of a PG. Now that's the kind of player that abunds on the NBA, and they are usually pretty serviceable, specially coming off the bench on a team with a stud wing that needs the ball on his hands.

DPG21920
04-25-2017, 11:48 PM
Like who? Only ones I can think of are Wall (who is an all-star that doesn't really need to hit 3's 'cause in most cases he is the one getting into the lane to create for others), Westbrook (ditto to the max), and Rondo (who's a fucking cancer).

That's a major overblown concept pushed by you and a few others with a clear agenda, tbh. Mills is just another shoot first SG in the body of a PG. Now that's the kind of player that abunds on the NBA, and they are usually pretty serviceable, specially coming off the bench on a team with a stud wing that needs the ball on his hands.

What? There are a ton of below average to bad 3PT shooters at PG.

Wall, Westbrook, Rondo, Schroder, Bledsoe, Mudiay, Rubio, Teague, Reggie Jackson. I mean, quite a bit.

DAF86
04-25-2017, 11:54 PM
What? There are a ton of below average to bad 3PT shooters at PG.

Wall, Westbrook, Rondo, Schroder, Bledsoe, Mudiay, Rubio, Teague, Reggie Jackson. I mean, quite a bit.

All of those are playing on mediocre teams, aaand, more importantly, are the number one perimeter playmakers of their teams, so them not being reliable 3pt spot up shooters (although, none of them was as bas as Tony in that regard during the reg season, tbh) is not as big of a problem since they are going to be out there creating for others, not standing on the corner killing the spacing.

TheDoctor
04-25-2017, 11:57 PM
http://i.imgur.com/8FxEa.gif

DPG21920
04-25-2017, 11:59 PM
All of those are playing on mediocre teams, aaand, more importantly, are the number one perimeter playmakers of their teams, so them not being reliable 3pt spot up shooters (although, none of them was as bas as Tony in that regard during the reg season, tbh) is not as big of a problem since they are going to be out there creating for others, not standing on the corner killing the spacing.

Tony creates for others plenty is my point.

DAF86
04-26-2017, 12:10 AM
Tony creates for others plenty is my point.

That just isn't true. At least not during the regular season (he has been great on the playoffs, obviously). The very little playmaking he has provided during the season just hasn't made up for his lack of spot up ability.

spursistan
04-26-2017, 12:42 AM
I would argue Parker has been 3rd best player in the series after Kawhi/Conley. Look at his net rating compared Marc Gasol who hasn't been that great outside the first half of Game 1. :lol

http://stats.nba.com/vs/advanced/#!?PlayerID=201188&VsPlayerID=2225

TheGreatYacht
04-26-2017, 12:59 AM
Buford has to do whatever he can to keep HOTS and prevent him from entering free agency for the first time in his career

spurraider21
04-26-2017, 04:01 AM
as long as he's not dragging his feet, holding the ball, and killing possessions, i can't complain. he's exceeded expectations so far against memphis... hopefully the confidence lasts and helps us put them away on the road. dont want this going 7 with houston already waiting

gilmor
04-26-2017, 04:02 AM
Don't.. don't ever underestimate
the heart of a true champion.. the same goes for Manu

spurraider21
04-26-2017, 04:03 AM
Never.. never underestimate
the heart of a true champion.. the same goes for Manuits not his heart that i doubt, it's the physical ability :lol... he's not athletic enough to get to the rim and finish like he used to. you can tell he needs to work a LOT harder to get there and relies on savvy/craftiness more than foot-speed.

spurraider21
04-27-2017, 11:09 PM
:hat

benefactor
04-27-2017, 11:11 PM
Grats TP. Perhaps Manu will let you borrow his wife for an evening.

DAF86
04-27-2017, 11:20 PM
Where would we be right now without this surprising performance from the HOTS, tbh?

:worthy::worthy::worthy: