PDA

View Full Version : Where's the full court pressure on Patty?

DAF86
04-04-2017, 10:20 PM
Watching him all comfy tonight dribbling up the ball on crunch time got me thinking about how he has finished most of the games this season and virtually no team applied any pressure on him. I wonder how's that possible when I've been told that opposing teams would always pressure him on these type of situations "guaranteed".

dabom
04-04-2017, 10:21 PM
:lmao

TheGreatYacht
04-04-2017, 10:22 PM
Should be the primary ball handler coming off the bench over the Uruguayan turnover machine. Hopefully the injury is more serious after the MRI tomorrow

pgardn
04-04-2017, 10:25 PM
Watching him all comfy tonight dribbling up the ball on crunch time got me thinking about how he has finished most of the games this season and virtually no team applied pressure on him. I wonder how's that possible when I've been told that opposing teams would always pressure him on these type of situations "guaranteed".

If Tony goes out at PG so Patty handles big minutes IN THE PLAYOFFS, you will get your wish.
Perish the thought. Just hush that mouth and let him play at the 2 where he belongs and can score for us.

And BS it got you doing something as difficult as "thinking".

99 Problems
04-05-2017, 01:02 AM
Little General. Him and Whi are a frightful combo. Strength be it to those who have to face them tbh.

GSH
04-05-2017, 02:09 AM
It didn't rain tonight.
Therefore it never rains.

YGWHI
04-05-2017, 02:22 AM
Little General. Him and Whi are a frightful combo. Strength be it to those who have to face them tbh.

I really liked both together in the last minutes. It makes more sense than Parker-Kawhi, these two guys aren't compatible as duo on court when Patty is the true shooter who will spread the floor.

04-05-2017, 06:21 AM
:lmao

hater
04-05-2017, 07:25 AM
Grizz blatantly tanked the game

Why even make this thread then???

DAF86
04-05-2017, 01:30 PM
It didn't rain tonight.

Watching him all comfy tonight dribbling up the ball on crunch time got me thinking about how he has finished most of the games this season and virtually no team applied any pressure on him. I wonder how's that possible when I've been told that opposing teams would always pressure him on these type of situations "guaranteed".

cd98
04-05-2017, 01:48 PM
Eh the ball always ends up in Kawhi's hands. Point guard for the Spurs is becoming less relevant.

DAF86
04-05-2017, 01:59 PM
Eh the ball always ends up in Kawhi's hands. Point guard for the Spurs is becoming less relevant.

That's why is better to have a three point threat like Patty in there to end games (and during the majority of the game), instead of Tony.

gambit1990
04-05-2017, 02:32 PM
That's why is better to have a three point threat like Patty in there to end games (and during the majority of the game), instead of Tony.
agreed.

DPG21920
04-05-2017, 03:26 PM
It didn't rain tonight.

:lol. Taking one game where he WAS pressured and then missing the point of what I said about it happening IN THE PLAYOFFS.

dabom
04-05-2017, 03:37 PM
Taking one playoff series where he was literally playing with shit pieces and forgetting his whole body of work. I think you are doing a disservice here. :lol

DAF86
04-05-2017, 03:44 PM
:lol. Taking one game where he WAS pressured and then missing the point of what I said about it happening IN THE PLAYOFFS.

Insert goal post moving gif here.

DPG21920
04-05-2017, 04:13 PM
Nah - you have been called out by numerous posters now. Just move on sons.

cd98
04-05-2017, 04:27 PM
Patty isn't a great ball handler, but he's not Beno terrible. He's still quick with more grit than Beno had when he was pressured by Detroit. I think Parker is better if you need the PG to handle the ball. But I agree at the end of games, better to have Mills and his shooting paired with Kawhi (w ball in his hands) over Parker at this point. Seems like Pop agrees.

Brazil
04-05-2017, 05:10 PM

those threads calling out one poster are shit.. DPG point and he is right is that Parker is a better ball handler (thus Patty could be pressured during POs) and more of a PG than Patty. Patty does well off the bench and finishes the games because space, kawhi and 3 pts, not sure what would be the benefit for the Spurs to have him starting the game. Actual rotation is our best option.

DAF86
04-05-2017, 11:19 PM
those threads calling out one poster are shit.. DPG point and he is right is that Parker is a better ball handler (thus Patty could be pressured during POs) and more of a PG than Patty. Patty does well off the bench and finishes the games because space, kawhi and 3 pts, not sure what would be the benefit for the Spurs to have him starting the game. Actual rotation is our best option.

I never talked about Patty starting games, tbh.

GSH
04-06-2017, 03:33 AM

LMAO... speaking of missing the point. :lol I was talking about people who think that because he didn't get pressured tonight, he never will.

But don't be surprised if they test Parker more than in the past. And if Forbes gets any minutes, they will be all over him. Hell, he doesn't even try to penetrate anymore.

Brazil
04-06-2017, 08:51 AM
I never talked about Patty starting games, tbh.

if you consider than Patty must play majority of the game means that he will go against starting line ups more than he does today and not only during fourth quarters so I assumed you implied that he should "start" in a sense of having starting minutes. I for one don't think this is the better option Spurs have. Thus my point being that rotation as of today is fine, minutes split, Parker starts with focus on getting LMA going on P&R and Patty sparks bench with manu creating and finishes games with Kawhi doing his stuff using Patty 3 pts threat to give him space.

I'm pretty sure this was also DPG point

TheGreatYacht
04-06-2017, 09:10 AM
FAP86 wrong as per usual.

Manure has been out recently and the microwave has been responsible for running the second unit. That second unit has gone through 9 MINUTES & 5 MINUTES scoring droughts over the last 2 games. SAD!

^ Microwave-led second unit
^Spurs were at 12 points when Parker exited

Microwave Grills over his last 4 games:
7.8ppg, 2.3rpg, 1.8apg, 36FG%

HOTS over his last 4 games:
13.3ppg, 1.8rpg, 4.5apg, 48.9FG%

DAF86
04-06-2017, 03:32 PM
Using the Lakers game as a parameter of anything. :lol

TheGreatYacht
04-06-2017, 03:44 PM
Using the Lakers game as a parameter of anything. :lol
0.5/10 spin

There were other games.... Sadly Microwave is no more than your average D-League chucker that you pray gets hot one game. A shorter Gary Neal that's surprisingly worse on defense

DPG21920
04-06-2017, 03:56 PM
LMAO... speaking of missing the point. :lol I was talking about people who think that because he didn't get pressured tonight, he never will.

But don't be surprised if they test Parker more than in the past. And if Forbes gets any minutes, they will be all over him. Hell, he doesn't even try to penetrate anymore.

No lol, I got your point :lol I was agreeing with you in the context of what they were trying to argue

DAF86
04-07-2017, 12:01 AM

Yeah, and I was saying he didn't get pressured that night, nor the night before, not any other night I can remember from this season. And chances are he won't get pressured much in the playoffs either, at least not more than any other Spurs guard.

DAF86
04-17-2017, 11:24 PM
Grizzlies have been pressuring quite a bit on this series. Pressuring Tony, pressuring Kawhi, pressuring Manu, but they stay the fuck away from my man Patty. They know better than to fuck with my Aussie mate. Patty looked pretty damn good setting up the offense in the closing minutes to seal the deal tonight. :hat

midnightpulp
04-17-2017, 11:27 PM
Patty is the only Spur (aside from Manu) who gets "props" for doing simplistic tasks like dribbling up the basketball and handing it off to Gasol or Kawhi.

He was 1-9 with a garbage time bucket. Awful. He needs to get it together, or there's gonna be hell to pay against Houston.

DAF86
04-17-2017, 11:35 PM
Patty is the only Spur (aside from Manu) who gets "props" for doing simplistic tasks like dribbling up the basketball and handing it off to Gasol or Kawhi.

He was 1-9 with a garbage time bucket. Awful. He needs to get it together, or there's gonna be hell to pay against Houston.

What!? :lol

That has, literally, been Tonystans go to card for the past 3 seasons. :lol

dabom
04-17-2017, 11:38 PM
What!? :lol

That has, literally, been Tonystans go to card for the past 3 seasons. :lol

"He dribble the ball and run the sets" :lmao

dabom
04-17-2017, 11:39 PM
+11 and closed out the grizz. :lol

pgardn
04-17-2017, 11:45 PM
3 quarter both Parker and Patty got picked up after moving past half court.

It shredded the big lead.
Watch the fckn game.