PDA

View Full Version : Why can't Enrique accept his role player status?

FkLA
04-04-2017, 10:26 PM
Play off Kawhi and if you're open take the shot, just like Paddy and everyone else on the team does. Tired of this over the hill scrub thinking it's time to put his hero cape on and go 1-on-1 late in the 4th Qtr.

ducks
04-04-2017, 10:29 PM
Patty forces more shots then tp

FkLA
04-04-2017, 10:33 PM
Patty forces more shots then tp

Spot-up threes created by others. That's Paddy's job, he knows his role. Not even comparable.

ducks
04-04-2017, 10:35 PM
Pop on ESPN said this was tp better year because he is accepting his role and the changes he has to do

sasaint
04-04-2017, 10:39 PM
Play off Kawhi and if you're open take the shot, just like Paddy and everyone else on the team does. Tired of this over the hill scrub thinking it's time to put his hero cape on and go 1-on-1 late in the 4th Qtr.

Tony trying to show Pop he is still the man.

james evans
04-04-2017, 10:41 PM
Popovich got to consider benching Parker when we get a decent lead later in the game because that's his cue to get his point. The shit he was pulling in the 4th quarter tonight late was ridiculous.

MultiTroll
04-04-2017, 10:42 PM
ego
self pride
me player vs team player
enabling coach
brain cannot accept bodys limltations

ducks
04-04-2017, 10:43 PM
Spurs 17-4 since all star break

MultiTroll
04-04-2017, 10:43 PM
Popovich got to consider benching Parker when we get a decent lead later in the game because that's his cue to get his point. The shit he was pulling in the 4th quarter tonight late was ridiculous.
Could both of them be benched in such circumstances?
Kwa player coach or one of the bench Non Yes Men (is there one?)
Ya you can just see this game was very similar to 2015 and 2016 screw ups where defeat was snatched from the jaws of victory.

midnightpulp
04-04-2017, 10:53 PM

We've been over this.

If you want this team have ANY chance of keeping up with the Warriors in a 7 games, one of the backcourt players is going to have to step up and not just be a threat to score consistent double figures but also play the kind of game that can pressure defenses, like penetration and probing. Double digit games through spot up shooting from the likes of Green and Patty won't be enough. Again, this team needs a guard who can make other guards work.

"InB4 Parker fluffer."

No. I'm "backing" Parker because there's no other choice.

This is also for Kawhi's benefit. He desperately needs a fellow perimeter player who can create in some fashion. When the guards aren't doing shit, it forces Kawhi into having to carry the offense by settling for shitty midrange jumpers. Kawhi would get a lot more lanes to drive from on the weakside off Parker penetration. Like here.

http://www.coachesclipboard.net/images/xDDMW4Out.PNG.pagespeed.ic.tGXwwD9Hjo.png

E.g. Parker drives to the right, defense collapses, Parker finds a cutting Leonard for dunk. You're asking too much of Kawhi for everyone to just "play off" him.

RD2191
04-04-2017, 11:03 PM
We've been over this.

If you want this team have ANY chance of keeping up with the Warriors in a 7 games, one of the backcourt players is going to have to step up and not just be a threat to score consistent double figures but also play the kind of game that can pressure defenses, like penetration and probing. Double digit games through spot up shooting from the likes of Green and Patty won't be enough. Again, this team needs a guard who can make other guards work.

"InB4 Parker fluffer."

This is also for Kawhi's benefit. He desperately needs a fellow perimeter player who can create in some fashion. When the guards aren't doing shit, it forces Kawhi into having to carry the offense by settling for shitty midrange jumpers. Kawhi would get a lot more lanes to drive from on the weakside off Parker penetration. Like here.

http://www.coachesclipboard.net/images/xDDMW4Out.PNG.pagespeed.ic.tGXwwD9Hjo.png

E.g. Parker drives to the right, defense collapses, Parker finds a cutting Leonard for dunk. You're asking too much of Kawhi for everyone to just "play off" him.

Yeah, too bad Parker rarely makes that pass.

DAF86
04-04-2017, 11:04 PM
We've been over this.

"InB4 Parker fluffer."

Why are you still bringing this up like it has any chance of happening?

SupremeGuy
04-04-2017, 11:06 PM
Popovich got to consider benching Parker when we get a decent lead later in the game because that's his cue to get his point. The shit he was pulling in the 4th quarter tonight late was ridiculous.This.

FkLA
04-04-2017, 11:10 PM
We've been over this.

"InB4 Parker fluffer."

:sleep

Did you even watch the game? He was going 1-on-1 for himself late in the 4th. It wasn't for the benefit of anyone other than himself, trying to get the personal satisfaction of being the hero down the stretch. He was actually playing really well for his standards prior to that. But that's the issue with him, if he's playing well he thinks it gives him the green light to do things like that down the stretch even if he's a below average player. It's like Matt Barnes thinking the 4th Qtr is his time just because he's having a good game.

midnightpulp
04-04-2017, 11:15 PM
Why are you still bringing this up like it has any chance of happening?

Better chance of happening than beating the Warriors without him contributing.

Learn to deal with it. I have. Pop and Co. didn't address this situation two years ago, so it is what it fuckin' is.

dabom
04-04-2017, 11:15 PM
:lol

midnightpulp
04-04-2017, 11:16 PM
:sleep

Did you even watch the game? He was going 1-on-1 for himself late in the 4th. It wasn't for the benefit of anyone other than himself, trying to get the personal satisfaction of being the hero down the stretch. He was actually playing really well for his standards prior to that. But that's the issue with him, if he's playing well he thinks it gives him the green light to do things like that down the stretch even if he's a below average player. It's like Matt Barnes thinking the 4th Qtr is his time just because he's having a good game.

I'll rewatch the sequences. You guys have a habit of thinking every Parker shot down the stretch is "hero ball" even if it was the highest percentage shot the offense as whole created.

Robz4000
04-04-2017, 11:20 PM
I'll rewatch the sequences. You guys have a habit of thinking every Parker shot down the stretch is "hero ball" even if it was the highest percentage shot the offense as whole created.

It was pretty bad, and I'm usually pretty fair with my comments about him. At one point he went against three Memphis defenders on a fast break with the Spurs up 7 with 2-3 mins to go, turned it over, and it led to a 5-on-4 where Memphis got an And-1.

FkLA
04-04-2017, 11:23 PM

One shot, maybe I can live with. Three in the last 3-4 mins of regulation for a Matt Barnes level player is a problem though. He had 5 FGAs prior to that. Clearly his heroitis consumed him, tbh.

He had TOs too like Robz said.

DAF86
04-04-2017, 11:24 PM
Better chance of happening than beating the Warriors without him contributing.

Learn to deal with it. I have. Pop and Co. didn't address this situation two years ago, so it is what it fuckin' is.

The Spurs beat the Warriors without TP doing anything of what you are saying and they got a 22 pts lead in the last game with TP doing literally nothing. To tell you the truth I don't think the Spurs can beat the Warriors in the playoffs anyway but I don't know why are you still beating that drum. I doubt Tony even plays 20 mpp against GS. You saying Tony needs to be a threat to beat Golden State in the playoffs is like me saying Green needs to start attacking the basket, finishing at the rim and creating off the dribble. It may sound good, but it's a fucking pipe dream, so I don't get the point of even arguing that shit.

gambit1990
04-04-2017, 11:30 PM
Did you even watch the game?

I'll rewatch the sequences.
:lmao

trying to spin a game he didn't watch. just like dpg the other night.

midnightpulp
04-04-2017, 11:34 PM
The Spurs beat the Warriors without TP doing anything of what you are saying and they got a 22 pts lead in the last game with TP doing literally nothing. To tell you the truth I don't think the Spurs can beat the Warriors in the playoffs anyway but I don't know why are you still beating that drum. I doubt Tony even plays 20 mpp against GS. You saying Tony needs to be a threat to beat Golden State in the playoffs is like me saying Green needs to start attacking the basket, finishing at the rim and creating off the dribble. It may sound good, but it's a fucking pipe dream, so I don't get the point of even arguing that shit.

In the playoffs?

False analogy re: Green. Tony has been a penetrator his entire career and still shows flashes. Danny has never had that game. It'd be more like: "Danny is 100-400 on 3 pt shots this season, so thinking he'll magically turn it around is wishful thinking. A pipe dream."

Guess what? I'd still want him shooting because he's essentially the only SG option who can hit 3s at volume.

Team is what it is.

DAF86
04-04-2017, 11:53 PM
In the playoffs?

False analogy re: Green. Tony has been a penetrator his entire career and still shows flashes. Danny has never had that game. It'd be more like: "Danny is 100-400 on 3 pt shots this season, so thinking he'll magically turn it around is wishful thinking. A pipe dream."

Guess what? I'd still want him shooting because he's essentially the only SG option who can hit 3s at volume.

Team is what it is.

Still shows flashes? When? Once every 15 games? :lol

Ok then, let me try another analogy: You saying Tony needs to be a threat to beat GS is like me saying Manu needs to be a threat to beat GS. It's not happening, it's a useless discussion. Neither guy can do what they used to do. Any of them forcing the issue would result in an embarrassment for them and a hindrance for the team. They are nothing more than role players now, asking them to up their usage to the levels you want would bring nothing but disaster for the team.

midnightpulp
04-05-2017, 12:15 AM
Let's take a look. I'm starting at the 5 minute mark when Tony was supposedly "killing the team" with bad plays.

Here's the 1st TO. Kawhi found Tony who took one dribble and attempted a quick pass to a wide open Simmons. I see nothing wrong with this. There was no "hero-balling" here nor was it an irresponsible play. Memphis defender simply made a good steal. Kawhi turned it over on the previous possession, Simmons turned it over on the next one, but no one said anything about that.

http://oi67.tinypic.com/zk3cyh.jpg

Play 2:

http://oi66.tinypic.com/28jv6zb.jpg

Tony had a step and should've driven straight ahead for a layup. He didn't "go into 3 defenders" as Gasol was clearly beat and the other play out of position. Tony did FUCK UP though by trying a cute spin move instead of just keeping it simple. Now he brought Fat Gasol back into the play:

http://oi67.tinypic.com/demb1e.jpg

That said, he did create a wide open layup for himself which he simply muffed:

http://oi65.tinypic.com/2zsxph1.jpg

But I still don't like trying the spin. Just makes a layup all that much harder.

"Tony freezes out Kawhi in crunch time to hero." Well, this play wasn't a good example of that. Tony got the ball with about 17 seconds left and found Kawhi seconds after:

http://oi64.tinypic.com/ofub74.jpg

Kawhi got trapped and back passed to Gasol, who then found Tony with 10 seconds left on the clock.

http://oi64.tinypic.com/jfk8yw.jpg

Tony has no passing lanes here. All men are marked. So you can't just expect to "give it up" in this situation. Where's he going to pass it to? The result was a clear out iso (which the other players were on board with since they didn't move from their spot up positions through the entire sequence) and Tony got a good look out of it:

http://oi67.tinypic.com/a4sy2p.jpg

And the Spurs are going to NEED Tony creating these type of shots down the stretch in the playoffs. It just can't be Kawhi-all-the-time during the last 5 minutes of the 4th. And rewatching the last 5 minutes, Tony gave the ball up pretty much every time down. So he did his "job" more than he didn't do it and only attacked when there was a breakdown. But again, I do not like his fancy spin move, which is really the only bad play he made in the last half of the 4th quarter.

midnightpulp
04-05-2017, 12:18 AM
Still shows flashes? When? Once every 15 games? :lol

Ok then, let me try another analogy: You saying Tony needs to be a threat to beat GS is like me saying Manu needs to be a threat to beat GS. It's not happening, it's a useless discussion. Neither guy can do what they used to do. Any of them forcing the issue would result in an embarrassment for them and a hindrance for the team. They are nothing more than role players now, asking them to up their usage to the levels you want would bring nothing but disaster for the team.

I'm all in on Manu, as well. Manu is the only dynamic SG on the team who can playmake, break down defenses through penetration, etc. Unless you think Simmons is ready, but I don't. Pop once again missed the boat by not developing him more throughout the season. Green and Mills are spot up offensive players. They don't create like Manu and Parker can, and we're going to need backcourt "creation" to even have a puncher's chance. Just "gibbing bawl to Kiwi" will bring even more disaster.

ducks
04-05-2017, 12:19 AM
Ouch tp haters are about as stupid as Clinton supporters

gambit1990
04-05-2017, 12:22 AM
Let's take a look. I'm starting at the 5 minute mark when Tony was supposedly "killing the team" with bad plays.

Here's the 1st TO. Kawhi found Tony who took one dribble and attempted a quick pass to a wide open Simmons. I see nothing wrong with this. There was no "hero-balling" here nor was it an irresponsible play. Memphis defender simply made a good steal. Kawhi turned it over on the previous possession, Simmons turned it over on the next one, but no one said anything about that.

Play 2:

Tony had a step and should've driven straight ahead for a layup. He didn't "go into 3 defenders" as Gasol was clearly beat and the other play out of position. Tony did FUCK UP though by trying a cute spin move instead of just keeping it simple. Now he brought Fat Gasol back into the play:

But I still don't like trying the spin. Just makes a layup all that much harder.

"Tony freezes out Kawhi in crunch time to hero." Well, this play wasn't a good example of that. Tony got the ball with about 17 seconds left and found Kawhi seconds after:

Kawhi got trapped and back passed to Gasol, who then found Tony with 10 seconds left on the clock.

Tony has no passing lanes here. All men are marked. So you can't just expect to "give it up" in this situation. Where's he going to pass it to? The result was a clear out iso (which the other players were on board with since they didn't move from their spot up positions through the entire sequence) and Tony got a good look out of it:

And the Spurs are going to NEED Tony creating these type of shots down the stretch in the playoffs. It just can't be Kawhi-all-the-time during the last 5 minutes of the 4th. And rewatching the last 5 minutes, Tony gave the ball up pretty much every time down. So he did his "job" more than he didn't do it and only attacked when there was a breakdown. But again, I do not like his fancy spin move, which is really the only bad play he made in the last half of the 4th quarter.
"tony did good down the stretch. that's why he didn't play in OT."

DAF86
04-05-2017, 12:23 AM
I'm all in on Manu, as well. Manu is the only dynamic SG on the team who can playmake, break down defenses through penetration, etc. Unless you think Simmons is ready, but I don't. Pop once again missed the boat by not developing him more throughout the season. Green and Mills are spot up offensive players. They don't create like Manu and Parker can, and we're going to need backcourt "creation" to even have a puncher's chance. Just "gibbing bawl to Kiwi" will bring even more disaster.

Well then, you are in for a rude awakening if you expect anything else from Manu and TP than the versions they displayed during this regular season, tbh.

midnightpulp
04-05-2017, 12:25 AM
Well then, you are in for a rude awakening if you expect anything else from Manu and TP than the versions they displayed during this regular season, tbh.

You're in for even a ruder awakening if you thinking forcefeeding Kawhi while a bunch of spot up and midrange shooters just stand around and watch will even win a game against Golden State.

midnightpulp
04-05-2017, 12:29 AM

10 points, 7 dimes, 50% shooting, 2 steals and ran the offense fine.

I see nothing to complain about. Tony is the only player on this team not allowed to make mistakes. :lol

"He didn't play OT :cry"

He gets gassed easily now, and I have no problem with other players closing. My essential point to your dumbass is this team won't do shit with Tony being a 15min per game player like you retards want.

gambit1990
04-05-2017, 12:32 AM

DAF86
04-05-2017, 12:34 AM
You're in for even a ruder awakening if you thinking forcefeeding Kawhi while a bunch of spot up and midrange shooters just stand around and watch will even win a game against Golden State.

I'm not sure we will make it out of the second round, but if we do, and we also get at least a game from GS, it will be playing the same way we played all season long.

gambit1990
04-05-2017, 12:34 AM
10 points, 7 dimes, 50% shooting, 2 steals and ran the offense fine.

I see nothing to complain about.
sounds like he pulled you back in just like he did with the grizzlies.

midnightpulp
04-05-2017, 12:39 AM
sounds like he pulled you back in just like he did with the grizzlies.

So biased. :lol

I told you fuckers that your shitty eye-test "evaluations" of Parker fail you when compared to actual freeze-frame analysis. He played a good game. And no amount :downspin: from you helmets can change that fact.

gambit1990
04-05-2017, 12:42 AM
So biased. :lol

I told you fuckers that your shitty eye-test "evaluations" of Parker fail you when compared to actual freeze-frame analysis. He played a good game. And no amount :downspin: from you helmets can change that fact.
no one thinks tp did good down the stretch. except you and dpg.

i don't have to spin shit, unlike you mr. "freeze-frame analyst" :lol

midnightpulp
04-05-2017, 12:48 AM
no one thinks tp did good down the stretch. except you and dpg.

i don't have to spin shit, unlike you mr. "freeze-frame analyst" :lol

I never said he did "good." He obviously didn't because he missed two gimmies. I'm debunking your retarded spinjob that he made bad, "heroballing" selfish plays. He didn't force anything except trying to do much with a spin move.

So biased :lol

gambit1990
04-05-2017, 12:50 AM
I never said he did "good."

gambit1990
04-05-2017, 12:52 AM
I'm debunking your retarded spinjob that he made bad, "heroballing" selfish plays.
my "spinjob" :lmao

you sound like trump defending parker. keep grasping i guess.

midnightpulp
04-05-2017, 12:54 AM

Had a good overall game. Made the right decisions down the stretch, just didn't work out.

midnightpulp
04-05-2017, 12:55 AM
my "spinjob" :lmao

you sound like trump defending parker. keep grasping i guess.

Me: Show the breakdown of the plays, which reveal Parker didn't make "bad" decisions.

You: "Porker sucked and heroballed cuz I say so :madrun."

gambit1990
04-05-2017, 01:01 AM
did the grizzles tie the game at the end of regulation with tony on the floor?

or the did the grizzlies tie the game at the end of OT when tony was on the bench the entire time?

midnightpulp
04-05-2017, 01:09 AM

or the did the grizzlies tie the game at the end of OT when tony was on the bench the entire time?

Did the Spurs beat Utah (better record, better team than Memphis) without Patty and with Tony?

Did the Spurs have a 5 point lead in the 4th until Patty was subbed in?

See, I can cherry pick situations, too.

You really are a massive dumbshit.

rasuo214
04-05-2017, 01:23 AM
If the Spurs are going to make a deep playoff run it'll be because of guys like Patty, Danny, Manu, Pau are making their open 3s. Next best option would be Kawhi and/or LMA dominating. At this point Tony or Manu having a throwback game is basically the miracle/desperation option.

TheDoctor
04-05-2017, 01:26 AM
"Highest percentage shot" and "Parker" in the same sentence :rollin

2013 was 4 years ago homie. The dude is bricking floaters in front of the rim. And then instead of running back to play D, he stares at the iron looking for an answer. "How could the Great Hero have missed that?"

FkLA
04-05-2017, 01:28 AM

You're a fool if you have no issues with a Matt Barnes level player having the same FGAs as Kawhi down the stretch. I don't care if prime Enrique lived in the paint and was one of the best finishers in the league. Or if you think the Spurs need Rique to be that guy again. That guy is gone, he's not coming back. Those "good" contested shots at the rim haven't been good for him in years. I'll take those shitty antiquated midrange jumpers from Kawhi over watching this guy put his hero cape on 10 times out of 10.

Regardless of whether you think his shot selection was good, it's hilarious that you are analyzing the shot selection of a guy who routinely has 0 point games and is pulled at the end of games. He shouldn't be at the forefront, period. It's disturbing that he can't contain his inner hero despite how bad he's been post-ASB. He only had 5 FGAs and was having a well balanced game prior to the last 3:30. Then he decided he was going to be the hero and put the nail in the coffin:

3:29
http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/nba/500/mem.png&h=100&w=100
Wade Baldwin IV shooting foul (Tony Parker draws the foul)
71 - 77

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/nba/500/sa.png&h=100&w=100
Tony Parker makes free throw 1 of 2
71 - 78

Tony Parker misses free throw 2 of 2
71 - 78

71 - 78

3:00
Tony Parker misses layup
71 - 78

2:48
Tony Parker Out-of-Bounds Bad Pass Turnover
74 - 78

1:39
Tony Parker misses 7-foot two point shot
76 - 78

1:38
Marc Gasol defensive rebound
76 - 78

1:32
Troy Daniels makes 25-foot three point jumper (Wade Baldwin IV assists)
79 - 78

Instead the Spurs lost their lead and the hero was benched in OT. The rest of the team had 1 FGA (Kawhi) and no FTAs during that stretch to squander the lead.

Mikeanaro
04-05-2017, 01:30 AM
Just accept the role TPorka.

gambit1990
04-05-2017, 01:43 AM
me, talking about the game tonight:

you, deflecting:

Did the Spurs beat Utah (better record, better team than Memphis) without Patty and with Tony?

midnightpulp
04-05-2017, 01:43 AM
You're a fool if you have no issues with a Matt Barnes level player having the same FGAs as Kawhi down the stretch. I don't care if prime Enrique lived in the paint and was one of the best finishers in the league. Or if you think the Spurs need Rique to be that guy again. That guy is gone, he's not coming back. Those "good" contested shots at the rim haven't been good for him in years. I'll take those shitty antiquated midrange jumpers from Kawhi over watching this guy put his hero cape on 10 times out of 10.

Regardless of whether you think his shot selection was good, it's hilarious that you are analyzing the shot selection of a guy who routinely has 0 point games and is pulled at the end of games. He shouldn't be at the forefront, period. It's disturbing that he can't contain his inner hero despite how bad he's been post-ASB. He only had 5 FGAs and was having a well balanced game prior to the last 3:30. Then he decided he was going to be the hero and put the nail in the coffin:

Wade Baldwin IV shooting foul (Tony Parker draws the foul)
71 - 77

Tony Parker makes free throw 1 of 2
71 - 78

Tony Parker misses free throw 2 of 2
71 - 78

71 - 78

3:00
Tony Parker misses layup
71 - 78

2:48
Tony Parker Out-of-Bounds Bad Pass Turnover
74 - 78

1:39
Tony Parker misses 7-foot two point shot
76 - 78

1:38
Marc Gasol defensive rebound
76 - 78

1:32
Troy Daniels makes 25-foot three point jumper (Wade Baldwin IV assists)
79 - 78

Instead the Spurs lost their lead and the hero was benched in OT.

Your basketball counterarguments are even worse than your baseball counterarguments. I almost don't fell like wasting anymore time on this debate because of how stupidly biased you and the helmets are.

I've shown in my breakdown that he didn't "hero" any of those shots or passes. Everything he did was within the flow of the offense or came as a result of the initial option being taken away. Watch the plays develop instead of simply focusing on whether or not Parker takes a shot. The 7 foot floater his missed came as a result of Kawhi being trapped at the FT line. By the time Parker got the ball, he was far on the weakside and every man was fronted. He just couldn't simply "gib bawl to Kiwi :cry." The only option on the table was a clear out Parker iso.

"He shoulda gib bawl to Kiwi."

If he dribbles over to Kawhi, he brings his man with him, and Kawhi is instantly doubled. Or if he passes to him from the top of the key, Kawhi gets to take a contested 26 footer. Yeah, great option that is. But I get you Kawhi fanboys want to watch your boy "eat."

I don't give a shit about him being benched tonight. Patty didn't play the entire game against Utah and the Spurs were fine. Danny Green didn't play tonight. Guess the Spurs are fine. Cherry picking a part of a game or a game doesn't do anything for your argument. Patty is 4-3 when the Spurs start. Bet that's different, though :lol. I can sit here and break down Parker plays all night and over 80% of the time the clips will show him making the right decision. But like I said, Parker is the only player not allowed to make mistakes.

I don't think you understand what heroballing is.

Yeah, and midrange jumpers are shit. Kawhi was an efficient 3-11 tonight from the Kobe areas. Keep taking them, though :tu They increase dat PPG.

FkLA
04-05-2017, 01:55 AM
Your basketball counterarguments are even worse than your baseball counterarguments. I almost don't fell like wasting anymore time on this debate because of how stupidly biased you and the helmets are.

I've shown in my breakdown that he didn't "hero" any of those shots or passes. Everything he did was within the flow of the offense or came as a result of the initial option being taken away. Watch the plays develop instead of simply focusing on whether or not Parker takes a shot. The 7 foot floater his missed came as a result of Kawhi being trapped at the FT line. By the time Parker got the ball, he was far on the weakside and every man was fronted. He just couldn't simply "gib bawl to Kiwi :cry." The only option on the table was a clear out Parker iso.

"He shoulda gib bawl to Kiwi."

If he dribbles over to Kawhi, he brings his man with him, and Kawhi is instantly doubled. Or if he passes to him from the top of the key, Kawhi gets to take a contested 26 footer. Yeah, great option that is. But I get you Kawhi fanboys want to watch your boy "eat."

I don't give a shit about him being benched tonight. Patty didn't play the entire game against Utah and the Spurs were fine. Danny Green didn't play tonight. Guess the Spurs are fine. Cherry picking a part of a game or a game doesn't do anything for your argument. Patty is 4-3 when the Spurs start. Bet that's different, though :lol. I can sit here and break down Parker plays all night and over 80% of the time the clips will show him making the right decision. But like I said, Parker is the only player not allowed to make mistakes.

I don't think you understand what heroballing is.

Yeah, and midrange jumpers are shit. Kawhi was an efficient 3-11 tonight from the Kobe areas. Keep taking them, though :tu They increase dat PPG.

You continue to overlook the fact that you're talking about a guy that routinely puts up 0 point games and that routinely gets benched at the end of games (not just tonight). There is no "right" play for that scrub if it involves him trying to score 1-on-1. There was 20 seconds on the shot clock on the first play, 10 seconds on the second play. Give me something else. Or at the very least attempt to penetrate to get the defense scrambling, not to give yourself an attempt at ending up being the hero.

He had 2 FGAs, 2 FTAs during that stretch. The rest of the team had 1 FGA. You're really going to sit there and act like that's a coincidence? Like that was the team's best option to put them away? He forced the issue for himself, not in the sense that he took absolutely horrible shots, but in the sense that he decided to make himself a protagonist. That's something a low-tier player should never do. In other words he doesn't know his place.

midnightpulp
04-05-2017, 02:21 AM
You continue to overlook the fact that you're talking about a guy that routinely puts up 0 point games and that routinely gets benched at the end of games (not just tonight). There is no "right" play for that scrub if it involves him trying to score 1-on-1. There was 20 seconds on the shot clock on the first play, 10 seconds on the second play. Give me something else. Or at the very least attempt to penetrate to get the defense scrambling, not to give yourself an attempt at ending up being the hero.

He had 2 FGAs, 2 FTAs during that stretch. The rest of the team had 1 FGA. You're really going to sit there and act like that's a coincidence? Like that was the team's best option to put them away? He forced the issue for himself, not in the sense that he took absolutely horrible shots, but in the sense that he decided to make himself a protagonist. That's something a low-tier player should never do. In other words he doesn't know his place.

:wow. You're biased.

Maybe the first shot was forced, although I'll take Tony one-on-one on a fast break against William Baldwin IV or whatever the fuck his name was. He erred by trying a spin move.

The 2nd attempt was no "hero." He gave up the ball as soon as he got it to Kawhi who then deferred to Gasol, who actually had an open 3 he probably should've taken. Tony got the ball with 10 left on the clock. He took his man to the top of the key, but NO ONE moved. Kawhi didn't flash over, House stayed parked in the corner. Gasol stayed put along with LMA. A one-on-one with a backup scrub PG was the best option during that sequence.

"But he shoots so bad now in the paint :cry"

You do realize Tony is shooting .568 from 0-3 this year, right? In fact, Tony is shooting from 0-10 feet better than someone like Damian Lillard.

And I find it funny that you criticize Tony's 0 point games. When he has those games, he's doing the exact thing you guys want him to do. Defer, defer, defer. And what's the horseshit about "routinely" putting up zero point games? He's had one this season. Maybe you're talking about games where he doesn't make a field goal? He's only had 5. And in all games, he took less than 7 shots, doing what you want: deferring. Pick a lane.

I'm on board with the heroball criticism when Tony settles or forces that 18 footer, but I don't see how anyone can complain when he's trying to attack. And this is what's irritating. You guys have such a hate boner for him, you'll nitpick pretty much anything.

I don't like/love Tony as much as I dislike crappy arguments and opinions. When he deserves it, by all means, lay it on. But most of the time your "criticisms" are simply whining about a player you personally don't like.

FkLA
04-05-2017, 02:27 AM
:wow. You're biased.

Maybe the first shot was forced, although I'll take Tony one-on-one on a fast break against William Baldwin IV or whatever the fuck his name was. He erred by trying a spin move.

The 2nd attempt was no "hero." He gave up the ball as soon as he got it to Kawhi who then deferred to Gasol, who actually had an open 3 he probably should've taken. Tony got the ball with 10 left on the clock. He took his man to the top of the key, but NO ONE moved. Kawhi didn't flash over, House stayed parked in the corner. Gasol stayed put along with LMA. A one-on-one with a backup scrub PG was the best option during that sequence.

"But he shoots so bad now in the paint :cry"

You do realize Tony is shooting .568 from 0-3 this year, right? In fact, Tony is shooting from 0-10 feet better than someone like Damian Lillard.

And I find it funny that you criticize Tony's 0 point games. When he has those games, he's doing the exact thing you guys want him to do. Defer, defer, defer. And what's the horseshit about "routinely" putting up zero point games? He's had one this season. Maybe you're talking about games where he doesn't make a field goal? He's only had 5. And in all games, he took less than 7 shots, doing what you want: deferring. Pick a lane.

I'm on board with the heroball criticism when Tony settles or forces that 18 footer, but I don't see how anyone can complain when he's trying to attack. And this is what's irritating. You guys have such a hate boner for him, you'll nitpick pretty much anything.

I don't like/love Tony as much as I dislike crappy arguments and opinions. When he deserves it, by all means, lay it on. But most of the time your "criticisms" are simply whining about a player you personally don't like.

GSH
04-05-2017, 02:31 AM
Parker makes over $14M per year. Steph Curry only makes $12M. Parker must be better.

midnightpulp
04-05-2017, 02:32 AM
Stupid quote since Parker didn't do any of that.

He passes the ball to your hero (Kawhi). He didn't want it. Gasol didn't want the shot. And then he got the ball back with 10 seconds left on the clock, and when Parker starts initiating the action, no one fuckin' moved. No one was open. But yeah, you want to see Kawhi chuck contested 26 footers like Luva used to love watching Kobe do.

One-on-one with Willie Baldwin? Yeah, good matchup. Vet (who shoots .568 on layups, so there's goes your Parker doesn't finish anymore argument) vs. a scrub.

Bellyache when he forces 18 footers. I'll be on your side then. Your latest axe to grind here just comes off like bitching.

YGWHI
04-05-2017, 02:35 AM
I love that pic with "wide open layup" when in the image you see a Memphis defender covering Parker's shot.

Also "he didn't have passing-lanes" Sure. But what's about a few seconds ago? He had the option to let Kawhi run the play...Or give Mills the ball to attack the rim.

Yeah, and midrange jumpers are shit.
It seems someone forgets that midrange shots have won many games in the last seconds for the Spurs this season

FkLA
04-05-2017, 02:35 AM
Stupid quote since Parker didn't do any of that.

He passes the ball to your hero (Kawhi). He didn't want it. Gasol didn't want the shot. And then he got the ball back with 10 seconds left on the clock, and when Parker start initiating the action, no one fuckin' moved. No one was open. But yeah, you want to see Kawhi chuck contested 26 footers like Luva used to love watching Kobe do.

One-on-one with Willie Baldwin? Yeah, good matchup. Vet (who shoots .568 on layups, so there's goes your Parker doesn't finish anymore argument) vs. a scrub.

Bellyache when he forces 18 footers. I'll be on your side then. Your latest axe to grind here just comes off like bitching.

He had 2 FGAs, 2 FTAs. Kawhi had 1 FGA. The rest of the team had none. Tell me who was the protagonist during that two minute stretch then?

FkLA
04-05-2017, 02:40 AM
Games played this season: 56
Number of games with 20+ minutes and 5 or fewer points: 15
March FG%: 39.0
March 3pt%: 31.3
March FT%: 40.0
Games played since Jan 31: 22
Games since Jan 31 with ZERO field goals made: 5
Games since Jan 31 with 2 or fewer FGM: 12

Yeah, no thanks. I'll take something else, please. Anything else, actually.

midnightpulp
04-05-2017, 02:41 AM
I love that pic with "wide open layup" when in the image you see a Memphis defender covering Parker's shot.

Also "he didn't have passes-line" Sure. But what's about a few seconds ago? He has the option to let Kawhi run the play...But Parker wanted the ball.

It seems someone forget that midrange shots have won many games in the last seconds for the Spurs this season

Parker had him beat. His shot contest was a foot late. Nice spin, though.

Midrange shots are shit. Jerry West tied a game with a 50 footer. Guess those are good shots, too.

What? He passed the ball to Kawhi early in the clock who gave it up.

Here's what happened a "few seconds ago." Parker "gibs bawl to Kiwi in his spot to "run play."

http://oi67.tinypic.com/2ahej2f.jpg

Kawhi then deferred right after.

This is why I don't take anything you Kawhi fanboys say seriously. Your selective memory is off the fuckin' charts.

midnightpulp
04-05-2017, 02:46 AM
He had 2 FGAs, 2 FTAs. Kawhi had 1 FGA. The rest of the team had none. Tell me who was the protagonist during that two minute stretch then?

Kawhi got touches every time down in his spots. Not Parker's nor anyone else's fault if he doesn't initiate any offense.

Look, I already blew your fucktarded recollection up. Parker didn't dominate the ball during those possessions. He gave it up quick, only to get the ball back after. The fast break shot was the only shot he "forced," but I guess Parker isn't allowed to make mistakes.

FkLA
04-05-2017, 02:47 AM
Parker had him beat. His shot contest was a foot late. Nice spin, though.

Midrange shots are shit. Jerry West tied a game with a 50 footer. Guess those are good shots, too.

Here's what happened a "few seconds ago." Parker "gibs bawl to Kiwi in his spot to "run play."

http://oi67.tinypic.com/2ahej2f.jpg

Kawhi then deferred right after.

This is why I don't take anything you Kawhi fanboys say seriously. Your selective memory is off the fuckin' charts.

Then the ball ended up in Parker's hands with only 10 seconds left, so with no other options he did the right thing and went 1-on-1!

midnightpulp
04-05-2017, 02:53 AM
Yeah, no thanks. I'll take something else, please. Anything else, actually.

He's only taken 7.8 shots during March, meaning he is a mammoth made .9 FG from 50% shooting. This is what you guys wanted. Low volume where his inefficiency isn't troublesome. And you're fuckin' getting it.

But what you don't get is that House ain't going to be enough, so you better get on board with Parker finding some kind of gear and getting touches, or we'll likely be sitting here after getting bounced in the second round bitching and moaning again.

Danny Green irritates me as much as any other player, but guess what, we don't go anywhere without him shooting 3s, so I want him to keep taking them. You analyze this shit like you're playing 2K. "Well, I can play my backups 30 minutes per game and get away with it because his 2K rating is 80 while my stater's is 75." Real world doesn't work like that.

midnightpulp
04-05-2017, 02:56 AM
Then the ball ended up in Parker's hands with only 10 seconds left, so with no other options he did the right thing and went 1-on-1!

You dumb?

Tell me where the "options" are here?

House? No passing lane.

Kawhi? No passing lane.

Pau? Yeah, let's give him the ball while's he's manned up and see if he can dribble out of it.

Dribble over and pass it to Kawhi? Means Kawhi is taking a contested 26 footer or a dribble-stop contested midrange shot.

If Kawhi wanted the shot here, he should've done something earlier in the fuckin' clock. But I get it, you think this is NBA2K.

YGWHI
04-05-2017, 02:59 AM
Parker had him beat.
He was enough close to bother him, I wouldnt say it was "wide open"

How many West 50 footer won games? Kawhi shots have did it almost 5-6 times this season.

What you don't understand is mid-j can be inefficient for most players not Kawhi. Like those 10 feet behind the 3-point line are bad for everyone but Curry.

A true PG would keep his best scorer going with reps. Don't let him give up, Parker! Don't try you to make his job, it won't work. Just pass the ball to him, again.

midnightpulp
04-05-2017, 03:11 AM
He was enough close to bother him, I wouldnt say it was "wide open"

How many West 50 footer won games? Kawhi shots have did it almost 5-6 times this season.

What you don't understand is mid-j can be inefficient for most players not Kawhi. Like those 10 feet behind the 3-point line are bad for everyone but Curry.

A true PG would keep his best scorer going with reps. Don't let him give up, Parker! Don't try you to make his job, it won't work. Just pass the ball to him, again.

MIdrange shots are inefficient for everyone. I don't care if you shoot 50% from those spots. A three point shooter only has to shoot 33% to equalize 50% production from the midrange.

You notice Kawhi's 3PA increasing after the Warriors game? Now why do you think that is?

So now it's Parker's fault when Kawhi doesn't move over to a spot where Parker can get him the ball in a good position? :lmao

Kawhi fanboys, more deluded than Kirby fanboys.

YGWHI
04-05-2017, 03:40 AM
MIdrange shots are inefficient for everyone. I don't care if you shoot 50% from those spots. A three point shooter only has to shoot 33% to equalize 50% production from the midrange.

You notice Kawhi's 3PA increasing after the Warriors game? Now why do you think that is?

There is a big difference between being inefficient and not being enough to beat a superteam with ton of great shooters.

Kawhi's mid-j isn't inefficient per se If you mean his shot or him can't beat GSW? We already know it after LBJ one-man-team 2015 Finals. Also, after KD sign in last offseason.

Since Kawhi doesn't have a scoring guard to take pressure off like LeBron in 2016 Finals... Its likely the team with 4 All Stars in their prime will beat the team with just 1 and a bunch of old guys in big roles. So what's the big deal???

YGWHI
04-05-2017, 04:01 AM
So now it's Parker's fault when Kawhi doesn't move over to a spot where Parker can get him the ball in a good position?
I remember a play against Bucks in MIL last season, it was to close a quarter I guess the 1st half. Kawhi gave Manu the ball to run the play but Manu passed Kawhi the ball again, raising his hands like "It's yours. Go to work" Then, Kawhi made a 3-point off the dribble.

That's the type of plays I expect from Parker. Don't let Kawhi lose his aggressivenes...Game 5 in OKC series should be a teaching-moment for our starting PG. Keep Kawhi going.
I wonder why this is so easy to realize for Manu, Mills...And too hard for Parker.

Kawhi fanboys, more deluded than Kirby fanboys.
Do you not know the last news? Kobe's fans are Kawhi's too, now

Brazil
04-05-2017, 09:04 AM
OP is a fucking moron when topic is Parker tbh.. not sure why people bother

kaji157
04-05-2017, 09:10 AM

Pop didn't want to give up the game plan for the playoffs which is to get back to the head of the snake days.

midnightpulp
04-05-2017, 09:21 AM

I've never seen such frothing-at-the-mouth bias against a single player.

I have no problems when the arguments are sensible and realistic solutions are outlined, but that's not the case with 99.9% of the helmet crew's content. It basically boils down to "Bench Tony!"

Dex
04-05-2017, 09:29 AM

Play 2:

You're preaching logic to the illogical. They will just find some way to spin it into Tony hate because that's their agenda.

Brazil
04-05-2017, 09:33 AM

I have no problems when the arguments are sensible and realistic solutions are outlined, but that's not the case with 99.9% of the helmet crew's content. It basically boils down to "Bench Tony!"

well for me it is not even that tbh... you can make your case about Spurs would be better with Patty starting and limit Parker minutes to 10 or Spurs would be better trading him for a peanut bag...

the biggest issue with helmet crew is the: parker is selfish, he does not accept his new role, he is an asshole, he does not want Manu and Kawhi to shine etc... here people with a brain show evidence that what they call hero ball was the correct play or that those stuff are pretty stupid to say but they are so blinded by their hate they cannot even see it... This crew would prefer a Kawhi attempt from deep on top of the key with 3 players covering him than a Parker lay up attempt... smh

At the end what matters is not Spurs success just Parker failure... we went from player fans to player haters in this forum... ridiculous. OP is obviously the worst of them, he hated prime Parker years tbh

midnightpulp
04-05-2017, 10:01 AM
well for me it is not even that tbh... you can make your case about Spurs would be better with Patty starting and limit Parker minutes to 10 or Spurs would be better trading him for a peanut bag...

the biggest issue with helmet crew is the: parker is selfish, he does not accept his new role, he is an asshole, he does not want Manu and Kawhi to shine etc... here people with a brain show evidence that what they call hero ball was the correct play or that those stuff are pretty stupid to say but they are so blinded by their hate they cannot even see it... This crew would prefer a Kawhi attempt from deep on top of the key with 3 players covering him than a Parker lay up attempt... smh

At the end what matters is not Spurs success just Parker failure... we went from player fans to player haters in this forum... ridiculous. OP is obviously the worst of them, he hated prime Parker years tbh

FWIW, there's no case there either. I blew up that helmet crew myth the other day. Patty is so good with the bench, that starting him would be a crime. Some reading:

Time to blow you up, again.

Seriously, do you and your lover Gambit ever think anything through? So your cute start House fantasy comes true AND THEN WHAT? What do you with Parker? I've asked this question before and I get *crickets*.

"He can come off the bench for 15 minutes."

House playing 33 min per against Western Conference playoff team starting PGs. :lmao

House against Houston this season: 24.5mpg, 8.5ppg, 40%FG, 4.75apg.

Against Golden State (with Curry): 20.5mpg, 8.5ppg, 38%FG, 2.5apg.

Against the Clippers: 21mpg, 7ppg, 32%FG, 2.3apg.

Against OKC: 21mpg, 7.6ppg, 41%FG, 1.0apg.

And this is primarily against those teams' backups

"I bet Porker doesn't do much better."

Parker plays the most of his minutes against the starters. But what you fail to comprehend is that even if House is, say, 20% better as the starting PG over a large sample size, Tony would probably be 100% worse off the bench. Let's look at some numbers.

2 man lineups (Tony plus one of the main bench players)

with Gasol: +7.8net

with Lee: +1.5net

with Manu: +5.8net

with Fathead: +0.6net

with Simmons: -1.1net

Avg net with all bench players: +2.92

Now Patty:

with Gasol: +9.3

with Lee: +15.7

with Manu: +12.3

with Fathead: +17.7

with Simmons: +15.9

Avg: +14.18

And most importantly, Patty's net ratings were achieved over a LARGE sample size, unlike his starting lineup net rating, achieved over 86 min and 47 min respectively. It's fuckin' nothing. So why the fuck do you want to remove a player who works obscenely well with ALL bench players to the tune of a 14.18net rating and replace him with a player that works with those same players about 11 points worse in net rating?

Here's even more simple math for you.

We KNOW Parker with the current starters is good enough for an average 8.4 net since we have a decent sample size. We KNOW House works at an average 14 net with the main bench players because we have a huge sample size. Thus, 8.4+14.18=22.58 net rating for the rotation overall.

Here's what your retarded plan looks like: House with the current starters (a 47 minute sample size ): 14.3 net. Parker with the main bench players: 2.9 net, = 17.2 net rating for that rotation overall.

So if we employ the "start House" idea, we risk the Spurs rotation overall dropping over 5 net rating points. And there's is ZERO evidence to the contrary that it would "work."

Shut it fuckin' down, indeed. Think next time you come at me. Goes for the other helmet, too.

tl;dr Starting Patty risks a -5 net rating drop

It was cute how thought you "got me" though. Bet you celebrated with gambit last night over some cocktails and heavy petting.

04-05-2017, 11:21 AM
"...hopefully if I keep copying and pasting this one post that proves nothing people will start taking it seriously!"

bklynspursfan
04-05-2017, 11:31 AM
You're preaching logic to the illogical. They will just find some way to spin it into Tony hate because that's their agenda.

Exactly...It's just a waste of time, regardless of the validation of what's being said/shown.

midnightpulp
04-05-2017, 11:41 AM
"...hopefully if I keep copying and pasting this one post that proves nothing people will start taking it seriously!"

"Hopefully if I keep posting emoticons, someone will pay attention to me."

Chinook
04-05-2017, 11:42 AM
:cry "Kawhi needs help" :cry

:flipoff "Tony trying to take the spot light from Kawhi by shooting." :flipoff

dabom
04-05-2017, 12:05 PM

Not even Brazil reading that. :lol

Brazil
04-05-2017, 12:09 PM
FWIW, there's no case there either. I blew up that helmet crew myth the other day. Patty is so good with the bench, that starting him would be a crime. Some reading:

Time to blow you up, again.

Seriously, do you and your lover Gambit ever think anything through? So your cute start House fantasy comes true AND THEN WHAT? What do you with Parker? I've asked this question before and I get *crickets*.

"He can come off the bench for 15 minutes."

House playing 33 min per against Western Conference playoff team starting PGs. :lmao

House against Houston this season: 24.5mpg, 8.5ppg, 40%FG, 4.75apg.

Against Golden State (with Curry): 20.5mpg, 8.5ppg, 38%FG, 2.5apg.

Against the Clippers: 21mpg, 7ppg, 32%FG, 2.3apg.

Against OKC: 21mpg, 7.6ppg, 41%FG, 1.0apg.

And this is primarily against those teams' backups

"I bet Porker doesn't do much better."

Parker plays the most of his minutes against the starters. But what you fail to comprehend is that even if House is, say, 20% better as the starting PG over a large sample size, Tony would probably be 100% worse off the bench. Let's look at some numbers.

2 man lineups (Tony plus one of the main bench players)

with Gasol: +7.8net

with Lee: +1.5net

with Manu: +5.8net

with Fathead: +0.6net

with Simmons: -1.1net

Avg net with all bench players: +2.92

Now Patty:

with Gasol: +9.3

with Lee: +15.7

with Manu: +12.3

with Fathead: +17.7

with Simmons: +15.9

Avg: +14.18

And most importantly, Patty's net ratings were achieved over a LARGE sample size, unlike his starting lineup net rating, achieved over 86 min and 47 min respectively. It's fuckin' nothing. So why the fuck do you want to remove a player who works obscenely well with ALL bench players to the tune of a 14.18net rating and replace him with a player that works with those same players about 11 points worse in net rating?

Here's even more simple math for you.

We KNOW Parker with the current starters is good enough for an average 8.4 net since we have a decent sample size. We KNOW House works at an average 14 net with the main bench players because we have a huge sample size. Thus, 8.4+14.18=22.58 net rating for the rotation overall.

Here's what your retarded plan looks like: House with the current starters (a 47 minute sample size ): 14.3 net. Parker with the main bench players: 2.9 net, = 17.2 net rating for that rotation overall.

So if we employ the "start House" idea, we risk the Spurs rotation overall dropping over 5 net rating points. And there's is ZERO evidence to the contrary that it would "work."

Shut it fuckin' down, indeed. Think next time you come at me. Goes for the other helmet, too.

tl;dr Starting Patty risks a -5 net rating drop

It was cute how thought you "got me" though. Bet you celebrated with gambit last night over some cocktails and heavy petting.

don't get me wrong I'm with you on dat one, the rotation as it is today is the best we can have, Patty and Parker are having comparable minutes, Patty is preferred late in the games for his 3 pts shooting and the fact he opens the floor for Kawhi and play mostly with second units where he fits with Manu doing the ball handling job.

Parker is also important to get LMA going on the P&R, no LMA involved = no chance. Kawhi cannot do all by himself. So yeah that configuration is our best shot. Now if someone has a different opinion and argue otherwise that's fine now the helmet crew agenda hate does not worth my time... :cry but but Parker took a shot, must be a hero baller :cry

Brazil
04-05-2017, 12:11 PM
Not even Brazil (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=14466) reading that. :lol

I read it the first time, now you can bet 140 aka Lefty did not that would mean they can actually read and understand

dabom
04-05-2017, 12:18 PM
I read it the first time, now you can bet 140 aka Lefty did not that would mean they can actually read and understand
140 is a top 3 new poster this season. Not lefty. You're mistaking my friend. :lol

gambit1990
04-05-2017, 01:09 PM
with the way some people on here make it seem... you'd think tony was averaging 7 assists :lol

MultiTroll
04-05-2017, 01:16 PM
Play 2:

How does Tony "had a step" apply here?
Defender is dead even with him. Actually defender is a half step ahead of Porker.

DPG21920
04-05-2017, 01:58 PM
I pointed this all out in real time Mid. Certain guys just don't get it.

DAF86
04-05-2017, 02:01 PM
I pointed this all out in real time Mid. Certain guys just don't get it.

You also point out to imaginary full court pressures on Patty, tbh.

SpursforSix
04-05-2017, 02:04 PM
It's pretty simple.

:pop: Tony, I'm going to give the better players more time so you'll have to sit on the bench more.

Tony: you're going to pay me $15,000,000 to eat waffles and watch NBA games?

:pop: fuck

Brazil
04-05-2017, 02:19 PM
140 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=49590) is a top 3 new poster this season. Not lefty. You're mistaking my friend. :lol

I know its ST but he is not new brah

SpursforSix
04-05-2017, 02:27 PM
:pop: Hey Tony...I'm going to rest you and play some of the more effective players.

Tony: Matt gave me some picture you might want to see.

:pop: Fuck

dabom
04-05-2017, 02:27 PM
:pop: Hey Tony...I'm going to rest you and play some of the more effective players.

Tony: Matt gave me some picture you might want to see.

:pop: Fuck

FkLA
04-05-2017, 02:44 PM
You dumb?

Tell me where the "options" are here?

House? No passing lane.

Kawhi? No passing lane.

Pau? Yeah, let's give him the ball while's he's manned up and see if he can dribble out of it.

Dribble over and pass it to Kawhi? Means Kawhi is taking a contested 26 footer or a dribble-stop contested midrange shot.

If Kawhi wanted the shot here, he should've done something earlier in the fuckin' clock. But I get it, you think this is NBA2K.

How about calling for a pick and roll with Gasol? Maybe it opens up shit for someone else.

Lol at continuing to act like a scrub going 1-on-1 was some last resort. What next, Barnes and Mbah a Moute going 1-on-1 is ok too? He did it not once but three times in the final 3:30 too.

SpursforSix
04-05-2017, 02:47 PM
:pop: Hey Tony...I'm not going to play you much anymore.

Tony: Hey Pop...I'm the Phoenxi

:pop: O yeah...

Tony: Phoenix Rising???

:pop: Yeah...I guess...Phoenix Rising.

FkLA
04-05-2017, 03:05 PM

How about the 4th Qtr of the 2014 title clinching game though?

Greatest all-time display of team basketball. Spurs have dominated the Heatles like no other Finals team has been dominated. They're dominating them in that Game 5 with team basketball yet again, despite Enrique starting off like 0-12. Yet he thinks it's appropriate to culminate such a historic and beautiful display of basketball by making it the Enrique show. Just lol at denying the fact that the guy loves being the hero. Being the man is what he lives for, winning is just an added bonus.

FkLA
04-05-2017, 03:17 PM
Look at his expression on the bench when he's having a bad game and when he's getting his, regardless of the score. It's night and day.

SpursforSix
04-05-2017, 03:23 PM
Look at his expression on the bench when he's having a bad game and when he's getting his, regardless of the score. It's night and day.

Yeah...it's like his mind is somewhere else

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/KZXp3fCQSLw/hqdefault.jpg

DPG21920
04-05-2017, 03:23 PM
You also point out to imaginary full court pressures on Patty, tbh.

Nah - even an unbiased poster re-watched the game and confirmed Mills was pressured.

gambit1990
04-05-2017, 03:25 PM
tp's unpredictability/unreliability will continue to hurt the spurs in the playoffs.

he had 7 assists last night... think you can count on that? no, there's been a ton of games this season where he's only had 2 or 3.

some night he'll differ and only take a handful of shots... other times he'll have a lot of FGAs. and no, it isn't adjusting to what the defense is giving him.

RD2191
04-05-2017, 03:27 PM
Why is it so hard for some posters to admit that Parker likes to play hero ball every now and then? He's done it his entire career.

DPG21920
04-05-2017, 03:28 PM
Mills hasn't been a beacon of consistency in the playoffs (especially vs starters). He was awful vs GS (like TP) and not great against the Grizz (where TP was very solid). TP was also solid vs the Jazz where Mills sat out.

It's good to see TP playing well towards the end in consecutive games vs playoff teams. It's concerning that Mills struggles vs GS and struggled vs MEM when matched up vs Conley. Hopefully they both play well.

DPG21920
04-05-2017, 03:28 PM
Why is it so hard for some posters to admit that Parker likes to play hero ball every now and then? He's done it his entire career.

It's not hard to admit he's done it. But why is it hard for you you reconcile that what happened last night, as I explained and the Mid showed you, that last night was not that?

MultiTroll
04-05-2017, 03:29 PM

Look how wide open Kwa is. Still 5 seconds left on the shot clock.
A real 1st rate point guard here would have faked the layup and tossed to a wide open Kwa. Who could then spot up for a trey or -look at all the room to drive it to the rack.

DAF86
04-05-2017, 03:32 PM
Nah - even an unbiased poster re-watched the game and confirmed Mills was pressured.

Can you point out to all the times Patty got pressured this season, son? 'Cause you act like he should be getting pressured every game "guaranteed" and I just don't see it, tbh.

DPG21920
04-05-2017, 03:34 PM
Can you point out to all the times Patty got pressured this season, son? 'Cause you act like he should be getting pressured every game "guaranteed" and I just don't see it, tbh.

That is not what I said - at least not in context. I said, in the playoffs, teams will pressure him and we have seen is lack of a handle result in pressure TO's when other teams don't bother to do that to TP.

SpursforSix
04-05-2017, 03:36 PM
That is not what I said - at least not in context. I said, in the playoffs, teams will pressure him and we have seen is lack of a handle result in pressure TO's when other teams don't bother to do that to TP.

I think I'd still rather take the Mills TO than a Parker bad game. Especially if they can just have someone else bring the ball up.

gambit1990
04-05-2017, 03:37 PM
It's good to see TP playing well towards the end in consecutive games vs playoff teams.
tp averaging 4 assists, 3 turnovers the past four games (MEM, UTA, OKC, GSW).

against CLE he played 20 minutes... had 1 assist, shot 1 for 3.

"playing well" :lol

DAF86
04-05-2017, 03:41 PM

"That's not what I said" :lmao

You were raving, on a regular season game, about Kawhi bringing the ball up to don't have Patty do it (which was a lie, btw, 'cause Kawhi did most of his dribbling it up when Patty was on the bench) 'cause he would get pressured everytime if he did, "guaranteed". Now, you wanna make it seem like you were talking exclusively about the playoffs, GTFO. :lol

RD2191
04-05-2017, 04:11 PM

Parker fans are delusional TBH

DPG21920
04-05-2017, 04:14 PM

Do you have a disorder? I said the past two games. Why are you including th other ones? I said UTA/MEM

SpursforSix
04-05-2017, 04:19 PM
Do you have a disorder? I said the past two games. Why are you including th other ones? I said UTA/MEM

He was damn 1 for 3 against Cleveland. WTF.

gambit1990
04-05-2017, 04:41 PM
Parker fans are delusional TBH

gambit1990
04-05-2017, 04:42 PM
:cry:cry:cry

a 4 game sample shows more than a 2 game sample.

they were all against playoff teams so it's especially relevant.

you not wanting to factor in his only game against the defending champs :lmao

DPG21920
04-05-2017, 04:54 PM
:cry:cry:cry

a 4 game sample shows more than a 2 game sample.

they were all against playoff teams so it's especially relevant.

you not wanting to factor in his only game against the defending champs :lmao

Ok - how was Mills in the last games?

Pocho La Pantera
04-05-2017, 04:58 PM

I have no problems when the arguments are sensible and realistic solutions are outlined, but that's not the case with 99.9% of the helmet crew's content. It basically boils down to "Bench Tony!" You don't read this forum then.

FkLA
04-05-2017, 04:58 PM
How does Tony "had a step" apply here?
Defender is dead even with him. Actually defender is a half step ahead of Porker.

:lol I noticed this too but didn't see the point of taking the time to go super in-depth about the shot selection of a scrub. I wouldn't do it for Barnes or Mbah a Moute either. Just don't go 1-on-1 if you suck. Simple as that. Definitely don't do it three fucking times in the last 3:30 of a close game.

gambit1990
04-05-2017, 04:59 PM
Ok - how was Mills in the last games?
against those same teams, patty's AST:TO ratio is better... mills shooting % is about 6 points higher too.

Joseph Kony
04-05-2017, 04:59 PM
I used to defend Parker but i dont see how anyone can at this point tbh. he's garbage. and so is Mills most of the time. when either is having a solid game they impact the team in different ways. problem is they're both incredibly inconsistent. if you could morph them into one player they would be average. but they both have glaring weaknesses.

our PG rotation is trash and will be our undoing in the post season, unfortunately...again.

Brazil
04-05-2017, 05:02 PM
How about the 4th Qtr of the 2014 title clinching game though?

Greatest all-time display of team basketball. Spurs have dominated the Heatles like no other Finals team has been dominated. They're dominating them in that Game 5 with team basketball yet again, despite Enrique starting off like 0-12. Yet he thinks it's appropriate to culminate such a historic and beautiful display of basketball by making it the Enrique show. Just lol at denying the fact that the guy loves being the hero. Being the man is what he lives for, winning is just an added bonus.

On a serious note, outside your shemale meltdown I have nothing but respect for most of your opinions/takes, I enjoy reading your stuff tbh... but when topic is Parker you are just acting silly, you cannot be serious 2 mn. so yeah I don't read anymore your Parker is fat, does not want to pass the ball and play heroball because those takes are uterly shit and just triggered by your own emotions towards a player you dislike.

TD 21
04-05-2017, 05:19 PM

FkLA
04-05-2017, 07:24 PM

Dumb. Heroballing and taking the main role from Kawhi, a Top 3 player in the world, is not help. Missed shots that result in a squandered lead is not help.

On a serious note, outside your shemale meltdown I have nothing but respect for most of your opinions/takes, I enjoy reading your stuff tbh... but when topic is Parker you are just acting silly, you cannot be serious 2 mn. so yeah I don't read anymore your Parker is fat, does not want to pass the ball and play heroball because those takes are uterly shit and just triggered by your own emotions towards a player you dislike.

He plays for my favorite team in probably all sports. I don't want to dislike him, obviously. He actually used to be my favorite player on the team his first couple years. I had a Porker jersey in middle school. Srs. He's just not a likable guy though:

-heroballer
-big game choker that has consistently needed guys like Claxton, Kerr, CoJo, and Paddy to bail him out
-heroballer
-poor work ethic, never developed a consistent shot which is why he sucks now that his speed is gone
-screwed over Brent Barry
-openly said the Spurs are no longer contenders
-heroballer
-never happy for teammates on the bench, only shows emotion when he makes the big play
-loves to pull the injury card
-current contract is killing the the team
-reluctant to give Kawhi the reins (see my sig) and even now if he's playing well he wants it to be his team down the stretch (see yesterday vs. Memphis)
-wants to play and handicap the Spurs until he's 40
-heroballer

DPG21920
04-05-2017, 07:25 PM
You just have to laugh at this point :lol

Brazil
04-05-2017, 10:13 PM
:lol whatever dude.. :cry I used to like him :cry :lmao

YGWHI
04-05-2017, 10:19 PM
:lol whatever dude.. :cry I used to like him :cry :lmao

You just have to laugh at this point :lol

I wouldn't. In fact, this is worrisome not funny.

In the last games Parker proved these 3 things.

-He's unplayable against elite teams

-unplayable in the 4th quarter against good teams

-playable vs Tayler Ennis

Also, there is still a risk he will take shots in crucial playoffs minutes when he shouldnt have the ball in his hands.

But I guess no one will admit it, after all, OP's a crazy guy, the rest are players fans...

I love how mid's screen-shots "prove" something but other pics which expose Parker..."just don't show the passing-angles, the whole play, there are more options for that pass..."

Last season, Kawhi was wide open to take a 3 or drive...Parker ran in the opposite direction.
http://i.imgur.com/zv5CRFo.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/iivNgsi.jpg

Remember when Curry was on Kawhi in the 4th but Parker didn't pass the ball and opted to run a P&R with Tim??
http://i.imgur.com/NSLlQIB.jpg

Remember when Westbrook defended Kawhi and Kawhi passed to Parker to get the ball again but w/a better position in the post but Parker opted to take the shot? 1-4 in the last 4 minutes of game 5 when Kawhi had the clear mismatch and shooting over 60% all game

But you know, the guy who wrote this is a player fan, too.
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/05/tony-parker-kawhi-leonard-san-antonio-spurs-oklahoma-city-thunder

FkLA
04-05-2017, 10:40 PM
On four consecutive possessions during the fourth quarter of the Spurs’ pivotal Game 5 game against the Thunder, MVP runner-up Kawhi Leonard did not touch the ball.

Starting at the four-minute mark of the final quarter, Leonard was absent from the offense, not taking a shot until a desperation 3 with two seconds remaining. At that point the game was already gone.

For the final four minutes, it wasn’t Leonard, or even LaMarcus Aldridge, but veteran Spurs point guard Tony Parker who was running the offense. In that stretch Parker missed two pull-up jumpers, was fouled and missed one of his free throws, and on the other end the Thunder’s two-headed monster of Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant (with a little bit of help from the officials) put away the game.

Heroballer doesn't have a selfish bone in his body though. :cry

A year later, with Enrique sucking more than ever, and nothing has changed. Still wants to be the man smh.

Brazil
04-06-2017, 07:00 AM
I wouldn't. In fact, this is worrisome not funny.

In the last games Parker proved these 3 things.

-He's unplayable against elite teams

-unplayable in the 4th quarter against good teams

-playable vs Tayler Ennis

Also, there is still a risk he will take shots in crucial playoffs minutes when he shouldnt have the ball in his hands.

But I guess no one will admit it, after all, OP's a crazy guy, the rest are players fans...

I love how mid's screen-shots "prove" something but other pics which expose Parker..."just don't show the passing-angles, the whole play, there are more options for that pass..."

Last season, Kawhi was wide open to take a 3 or drive...Parker ran in the opposite direction.
http://i.imgur.com/zv5CRFo.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/iivNgsi.jpg

Remember when Curry was on Kawhi in the 4th but Parker didn't pass the ball and opted to run a P&R with Tim??
http://i.imgur.com/NSLlQIB.jpg

Remember when Westbrook defended Kawhi and Kawhi passed to Parker to get the ball again but w/a better position in the post but Parker opted to take the shot? 1-4 in the last 4 minutes of game 5 when Kawhi had the clear mismatch and shooting over 60% all game

But you know, the guy who wrote this is a player fan, too.
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/05/tony-parker-kawhi-leonard-san-antonio-spurs-oklahoma-city-thunder

:cry remember when asshole Parker did not want to pass the ball to my hero :cry

Brazil
04-06-2017, 07:01 AM
not sure who is the most pathetic of all tbh... probably dat ygwhi dude even more a player fan than Duncan228 or nono

YGWHI
04-07-2017, 07:23 PM
not sure who is the most pathetic of all tbh... probably dat ygwhi dude even more a player fan than Duncan228 or nono

Well, since you dont care if the Spurs lost games because Parker had the ball in his hands in the 4th quarter instead of Spurs main scorer in a way better position..I'd say you're the most pathetic. See? You finally won something after all.

Kawhi had the clear mismatches in those possessions, Spurs can only pray for teams letting him wide open like in that Clippers game, or getting smaller defenders like Curry...

But you think that's OK. That's fine ignoring Spurs' leading scorer in favorable matchups or him wide open. Yeah...You know what? Your offensive strategy isnt a winning formula.

SASdynasty!
04-07-2017, 08:19 PM
Dude went from being a 20/8 guy to a 10/5 guy in 4 years. If that's not accepting your role-player status, I don't know what is. PATFO raves about how good Parker has been at accepting his diminished role, but the krew wants him to simultaneously never shoot and also lead us to another championship.

Brazil
04-07-2017, 08:49 PM
Well, since you dont care if the Spurs lost games because Parker had the ball in his hands in the 4th quarter instead of Spurs main scorer in a way better position..I'd say you're the most pathetic. See? You finally won something after all.

Kawhi had the clear mismatches in those possessions, Spurs can only pray for teams letting him wide open like in that Clippers game, or getting smaller defenders like Curry...

But you think that's OK. That's fine ignoring Spurs' leading scorer in favorable matchups or him wide open. Yeah...You know what? Your offensive strategy isnt a winning formula.

Like im going to bother read your shit :lol

:cry Parker is evil he does not want to pass the ball :cry Parker stop bullying your teammates :cry

DenialTwist
04-08-2017, 03:13 AM
All I know is that Parker will kill them in the playoffs again. The fact that he is a starter on a 60 win team that can't make plays, score or defend is beyond me. Pop gives him this ceremonial starting position because of what he has done in the past and not on his contributions this season. Pop can't even play him in crunchtime because he is a liability.