PDA

View Full Version : NBA: LaVar Ball: "You can't win no championship with three white guys"

JohnnyMax
04-07-2017, 01:17 AM
In an interview with the Orange County Register, Ball discussed the Bruins' tourney exit, heaping the blame on UCLA's white players and revealing Lonzo had a hamstring injury.

"Realistically you can't win no championship with three white guys because the foot speed is too slow," Ball said. "I told Lonzo - 'One of these games you might need to go for 30 or 40 points.' It turned out the that was the one game. Then once they get to the Elite 8, they're right there."

The "white guys" are starters TJ Leaf, Bryce Alford and Thomas Welsh.

"People thought he was giving up, but he popped his hamstring," Ball said. "He said 'I was trying to run, but my hamstring was pulled.' But he's never going to make excuses."

"You've got to kill him to get him off the court. If you get in a bar fight and your eyeball gets knocked out, you can't go outside and say my eye's hurt. You got to go in there and fight with your eye hanging out. You never leave your brothers hanging on the court."

Source: http://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/lavar-ball-ucla-had-too-many-white-guys-with-slow-foot-speed-to-win-title/

Robz4000
04-07-2017, 01:30 AM
HarlemHeat37 are you LaVar Ball irl?

lebomb
04-07-2017, 07:28 AM
Lavar Ball is a complete 100% fool.

midnightpulp
04-07-2017, 07:36 AM
Dirk, Jason KIdd, JJ Barea :downspin:

Clipper Nation
04-07-2017, 08:14 AM
Dirk, Jason KIdd, JJ Barea :downspin:
:lol Kidd is biracial and Barea is Latino.

ambchang
04-07-2017, 08:42 AM
Steve Kerr / John Paxon, Will Perdue/Bill Wennington, Michael Jordan.

MultiTroll
04-07-2017, 09:10 AM
Bird McHale and Dominating Danny Ainge
over
Kream Worthy Magic (well Magic is at least 1/10th black)

Trill Clinton
04-07-2017, 09:18 AM
Well he didn't lie but this could be the final nail in his coffin.

SpursforSix
04-07-2017, 09:29 AM

Let's be clear. He's talking about an NCAA championship. I'm not going to spend time to go back and check but I'm pretty confident that many titles have been won with three white guys on the court.

midnightpulp
04-07-2017, 09:32 AM
Let's be clear. He's talking about an NCAA championship. I'm not going to spend time to go back and check but I'm pretty confident that many titles have been won with three white guys on the court.

2010 Duke.

Trill Clinton
04-07-2017, 09:53 AM
Respect. I'm sure they did win a lot of titles in the pre civil rights era but now? Its very rare. That 2010 duke squad was an anomaly. Again, I think lavar is a clown and its weird that he says this considering his sons are bi-racial.

Darth_Pelican
04-07-2017, 10:15 AM
Well he did say that you cannot win no championship with 3 white guys, which means that you can win at least one championship with 3 white guys.

StrengthAndHonor
04-07-2017, 10:37 AM
Come on man, we both know when it comes to racial and divisive comments, some race are held to a different standard...

Darth_Pelican
04-07-2017, 11:02 AM
Come on man, we both know when it comes to racial and divisive comments, some race are held to a different standard...

Imagine the outrage if a white hockey player's father said that you can't win a championship with 3 black guys on the ice. He'd be labeled as a KKK white supremacist.

I. Hustle
04-07-2017, 11:12 AM
Imagine the outrage if a white hockey player's father said that you can't win a championship with 3 black guys on the ice. He'd be labeled as a KKK white supremacist.

But everyone would laugh if they said "You can't a ____ game with three Mexicans."

Darth_Pelican
04-07-2017, 11:13 AM
But everyone would laugh if they said "You can't a ____ game with three Mexicans."

Unless the sport was soccer.

I. Hustle
04-07-2017, 11:18 AM

Touche

Touche me all over

DMC
04-07-2017, 11:42 AM
the guy isn't working for anyone. He can say whatever he likes. In these days with all the gender/race fluidity and sjw puke, it is refreshing to hear some real deep seeded race related stereotyping from blacks.

DMC
04-07-2017, 11:46 AM

Mexican isnt a race

I. Hustle
04-07-2017, 12:05 PM
Mexican isnt a race

Oh my bad. I didn't know white guys was a race.

Killakobe81
04-07-2017, 12:10 PM

But he would be right. There are what maybe half dozen blacks in the nhl? all are pretty good but if all 6 were on thr same team you probably aint winning Lord Stanley

Lavar is still an idiot but i had an uncle that felt the same and criticizes my alma mater for letting dudes like Tyler Dorsey and Jordan Bell go to Oregon and courting more Lonzoball Toby Bailey light skinned dudes along with the Love/Leaf types ..

StrengthAndHonor
04-07-2017, 12:26 PM
Pretty much. Some race are not held to the same expectations of social grace and relational benevolence. They are not only given a pass for being rude and offensive, they are given a pass for going through life with a chip on their shoulders and behaving on levels of commonality.

Trill Clinton
04-07-2017, 12:34 PM

Actually, no one would care

LkrFan
04-07-2017, 12:42 PM

Correcting yourself eh mid? :lol

DMC
04-07-2017, 12:43 PM
Oh my bad. I didn't know white guys was a race.

white is a race

Mexico is a country.

Raven
04-07-2017, 12:50 PM

i don't think mexicans ever did anything meaningful in soccer...

Strategic
04-07-2017, 12:51 PM
white is a race

Mexico is a country.and Mexican is a Nationality, not a race.

Canyonero
04-07-2017, 12:52 PM

Tbh

unleashbaynes
04-07-2017, 12:57 PM
I'm just disappointed that he didn't call them frost kings.

JMarkJohns
04-07-2017, 01:00 PM
The three white guys for UCLA did fine. The half white guy for UCLA got his shit pushed in. Maybe LaVar should blame his white wife?

04-07-2017, 01:03 PM

Tbh
tbh he must think they are relevant because muricans probably get their shit pushed in constantly by mexico (even though they're the biggest try hards in the sport) :lol

SpursforSix
04-07-2017, 01:04 PM
Respect. I'm sure they did win a lot of titles in the pre civil rights era but now? Its very rare. That 2010 duke squad was an anomaly. Again, I think lavar is a clown and its weird that he says this considering his sons are bi-racial.

Word. And I know what he's saying. But this is college basketball. The real superstars are gone after a year or two. So you end up with a team with several white guys who have played for four years. Give those guys players a superstar black or two and they can make things happen.

JMarkJohns
04-07-2017, 01:10 PM
UCLA white guys, including the slow-footed bigs, went for 39 points on 15/28 shooting with 14 rebounds, while holding their counterparts to 31 points on 12/31 shooting, including the Kentucky frontcourt to 10 points on 4/14 shooting and 12 rebounds.

Half White went for 10 points on 4/10 shooting, 4 turnovers, and allowed his counterpart to go off for 39 points on 13/20 shooting.

So, LaVar should probably shut the fuck up.

Maybe if Ball lives up to those Kidd comps UCLA wins.

whitemamba
04-07-2017, 01:13 PM
What a dumb shit.

I. Hustle
04-07-2017, 01:57 PM
white is a race

Mexico is a country.

So white is a race? Not Caucasian but white, huh? Interesting. Isn't that like calling every Asian person Chinese or every Hispanic person Mexican? Or do they fall into the Yellow and Brown race? I'm sorry, I am just trying to understand. Are black people technically part of the brown race since they aren't really black black? Is the "white" race the only race? There are people in Mexico City that are blonde hair and blue eyed, are they part of the white race? What about the black people in Cuba? Are they Hispanic or the black race?
Or is it the African Whatever race? I'm just confused how white can be a race but the other colors don't get that option.

I know there are a lot of people here of the Yellow race that pretend to be of the black race. Can I call the Indian ones the Curry Race since that's what they smell like.

Darth_Pelican
04-07-2017, 02:26 PM
tbh he must think they are relevant because muricans probably get their shit pushed in constantly by mexico (even though they're the biggest try hards in the sport) :lol

USA allowed Mexico to qualify for the 2014 WC. Mexico was on hands and knees praying for that late goal by USA in the WC qualifiers. Mexico will always be USA's bitch cirque 2014. The saddest part is that soccer is about a 9th tier sport in USA. In Mexico, it's life and death.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BWsv1l3CEAAnTHj.jpg

SpursforSix
04-07-2017, 02:26 PM
So white is a race? Not Caucasian but white, huh? Interesting. Isn't that like calling every Asian person Chinese or every Hispanic person Mexican? Or do they fall into the Yellow and Brown race? I'm sorry, I am just trying to understand. Are black people technically part of the brown race since they aren't really black black? Is the "white" race the only race? There are people in Mexico City that are blonde hair and blue eyed, are they part of the white race? What about the black people in Cuba? Are they Hispanic or the black race?
Or is it the African Whatever race? I'm just confused how white can be a race but the other colors don't get that option.

I know there are a lot of people here of the Yellow race that pretend to be of the black race. Can I call the Indian ones the Curry Race since that's what they smell like.

Do you mean "rice"? I've almost completely gotten away from eating white rice. And I try to make myself eat as much brown rice as possible. It's way healthier and I think it's gluten free (not 100% sure about that). A lot of the Asian restaurants are now offering brown rice as an alternative. I'll always opt for it because once you mix it up with all the other stuff, it's just as good. Is it ironic that yellow rice is a Latin dish? Hmmmm.

But Saffron rice is also yellow. And if I had to pick one kind of rice to eat by itself, it would probably be Saffron rice. It's yellow but I don't think it's considered Yellow Rice.

FkLA
04-07-2017, 02:41 PM

Tbh

http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/15-mexico-olympic-soccer-gold.jpg

Darth_Pelican
04-07-2017, 02:47 PM
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/19103214/lavar-ball-father-lonzo-ball-says-recent-white-guys-comment-was-misunderstood-love-guys

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/827/621/fd6.gif

SpursforSix
04-07-2017, 03:15 PM
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/19103214/lavar-ball-father-lonzo-ball-says-recent-white-guys-comment-was-misunderstood-love-guys

LOL.

http://i.imgur.com/QwNPtz3.gif

lebomb
04-07-2017, 04:33 PM
You can build no laptop with a group of niggras!!

PingPong
04-07-2017, 04:37 PM

Mécsico never won shit in soccer.

FkLA
04-07-2017, 04:43 PM
Mécsico never won shit in soccer.

http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/15-mexico-olympic-soccer-gold.jpg

Uriel
04-07-2017, 07:53 PM

From a scientific point of view, there really is no such thing as "race." It is largely a social construct.

Chris
04-07-2017, 09:09 PM
No only was it racist, but he used a double negative triggerering both Grammar Nazis, and real Nazis.

apalisoc_9
04-07-2017, 09:51 PM
Starting to like this Lavar dude.

BG_Spurs_Fan
04-08-2017, 04:21 AM
Lonzo's dad will ruin his career. Imagine him going off on a FO or a coach for some shit.

hater
04-08-2017, 08:46 AM
Hes playing the bullshit mainstream media like a violin

I like it

Now if he could develop alcoholism and a substance abuse problem he would be must see tv :lol

DMC
04-08-2017, 11:31 AM
Lonzo's dad will ruin his career. Imagine him going off on a FO or a coach for some shit.

Now that he has an agent, I expect to see some distancing take place and for Sr to get his feelings hurt. Maybe there will even be a civil suit against the kid since dad feels like he's the agent.

RsxPiimp
04-08-2017, 11:49 AM
Now that he has an agent, I expect to see some distancing take place and for Sr to get his feelings hurt. Maybe there will even be a civil suit against the kid since dad feels like he's the agent.

:lmao uhhmm the agency is owned amd headed by lavar ball

offset formation
04-08-2017, 12:26 PM
Starting to like this Lavar dude.

Of course you do, chicken fucker.

DMC
04-08-2017, 02:04 PM
:lmao uhhmm the agency is owned amd headed by lavar ball

No reason an agent cannot Jerry MaGuire himself though. "Help me help you... help me, help you"

LkrFan
04-08-2017, 03:24 PM
I want to go on record to say I do NOT want Lonzo Ball on the Lakers. Him and his supermarket donor would be a package deal. No thanks. Pass.

RsxPiimp
04-08-2017, 04:42 PM
No reason an agent cannot Jerry MaGuire himself though. "Help me help you... help me, help you"

bruh thats one of my fave movies of all time. good shit

midnightpulp
04-09-2017, 12:24 AM
I want to go on record to say I do NOT want Lonzo Ball on the Lakers. Him and his supermarket donor would be a package deal. No thanks. Pass.

Longo is COMING.

Nothing you can about it, son.

LkrFan
04-09-2017, 08:57 AM
Longo is COMING.

Nothing you can about it, son.

I just noticed the autocorrect. Should have said sperm donor :lol

Clipper Nation
04-09-2017, 09:20 AM
Thanks to La Maldición de LkrFan, LaVar Ball and all three of his kids are now officially going to be Lakers. LaVar will also be the next coach of the Lakers. Enjoy!

LkrFan
04-09-2017, 01:00 PM
Thanks to La Maldición de LkrFan, LaVar Ball and all three of his kids are now officially going to be Lakers. LaVar will also be the next coach of the Lakers. Enjoy!

:lol

Spurtacular
04-09-2017, 01:21 PM

Splitting hairs, tbh.

But okay.... Danny Ainge, Larry Bird, Kevin McHale.

Splits
04-09-2017, 01:22 PM

Don't worry Alejandro, the pick belongs to Colangelo

04-10-2017, 12:19 PM
Well he didn't lie